RG Play Suspended for Day [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

RG Play Suspended for Day

Agassi Aces
05-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Confirmation of the Suspention of Play on Day Two in Paris... Play resumes at 11am local time tomorrow...

Alex999
05-26-2008, 05:21 PM
this sucks.

Stensland
05-26-2008, 05:23 PM
daily precipitation probability for paris until saturday is about 80%. sounds pretty bad.

Leah
05-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Unfortunately tomorrow is supposed to be a washout too :sad:

raven gypsy
05-26-2008, 05:25 PM
this sucks.

I second that!
Today was my day off to spend watching tennis. :rolleyes: Tomorrow is work.

tangerine_dream
Rafa screwed again.

camnation
What's going to happen to the OOP?

MissMelly2U
05-26-2008, 05:27 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! This sucks. This was my day off :sad:

bokehlicious
05-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Rafa screwed again.

:awww: :baby: life is so unfair :hug:

Regenbogen
05-26-2008, 05:30 PM
daily precipitation probability for paris until saturday is about 80%. sounds pretty bad.

oh man :help: This could get interesting...

nobama
05-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Rafa screwed again.How do you figure that?

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2008-05-26/200805261211790946843.html
What if it carries on raining? Rafa will play tomorrow (most likely). Iíll post the schedule for tomorrow as soon as itís up. Bear in mind that we got through 15 menís and 15 womenís matches yesterday which meant that we were already ahead of sched. Add to that 11 womenís matches completed today and 15 menís and weíre almost half-way through the first round. Round 2 Tue and Wed, Round 3 Thu and Fri, Round 4 Sat and Sun, then weíve got a whole week to alternate menís and womenís for the quarters, semis and the final. Sorted.

Roland9
05-26-2008, 05:35 PM

Sounds horrible... A lot of matches are supposed to be played in the next 5 days.

Herdwick
05-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Poor Rafa - hope he doesn't get screwed like at last year's Wimbledon.

groundstroke
05-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Did anybody see those 2 guys that came on the main court about 2 hours ago? :lol:

Aenea
05-26-2008, 05:42 PM
How do you figure that?

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2008-05-26/200805261211790946843.html
What if it carries on raining? Rafa will play tomorrow (most likely). I’ll post the schedule for tomorrow as soon as it’s up. Bear in mind that we got through 15 men’s and 15 women’s matches yesterday which meant that we were already ahead of sched. Add to that 11 women’s matches completed today and 15 men’s and we’re almost half-way through the first round. Round 2 Tue and Wed, Round 3 Thu and Fri, Round 4 Sat and Sun, then we’ve got a whole week to alternate men’s and women’s for the quarters, semis and the final. Sorted.
Sounds easy but I can imagine the moaning in the RF section of this forum were Roger on the tomorrow's waiting list.
Yeah poor Rafa. :sad:

BryanAndBryan
05-26-2008, 05:46 PM
won't ever catch up without lights at RG

Blue Heart24
05-26-2008, 05:47 PM
:mad: :o

Tomorrow will be even worse,but on Wednesday it should be fine.:)

iriraz
05-26-2008, 05:56 PM
The organisers should look on what`s happening and build a roof in the future.Or at least they should put some lights so they can play in the evening-night sessions

rafa the best
05-26-2008, 06:07 PM
This sucks, poor Rafa the forces of nature are once again on Roger's side. I guess this is the only way for him to win.

shotgun
05-26-2008, 06:09 PM
21st century and we still have to live with the inflexibility of Roland Garros and Wimbledon organizers.

That's why the AO is my favourite Slam.

cobalt60
05-26-2008, 06:11 PM
21st century and we still have to live with the inflexibility of Roland Garros and Wimbledon organizers.

That's why the AO is my favourite Slam.

Along with the spectators;)

MariaV
05-26-2008, 06:14 PM
:awww: :baby: life is so unfair :hug:

WAAAA WAAAA WAAAA those horrible French people made Fed play on Lenglen today, WAAAA WAAAA WAAAA, how horrible, they don't respect the GOAT! Waaaaa waaa waaa :wavey:

Sunset of Age
05-26-2008, 06:15 PM
This sucks, poor Rafa the forces of nature are once again on Roger's side. I guess this is the only way for him to win.

Nonsense.
Remember the past three years, where it was HOT and DRY at RG? I always got the impression Rafa rather likes those kind of circumstances.

And it's not like Rafa is the only player around in the tour, btw. All players get hindered more-or-less by the weather not cooperating, as it eventually affects all of the schedule. As long as Wimbly and RG don't yet have a roof, it's something the players, and the fans, will have to deal with.

Even the more STUPID from Disney Devil to downgrade Hamburg, as that is a tournament where the organization has taken proper responsibility ten years ago already - to build a roof.

bokehlicious
05-26-2008, 06:16 PM
WAAAA WAAAA WAAAA those horrible French people made Fed play on Lenglen today, WAAAA WAAAA WAAAA, how horrible, they don't respect the GOAT! Waaaaa waaa waaa :wavey:

:scratch: are you high? :confused: :o

tangerine_dream
05-26-2008, 06:16 PM
:haha:

@#$% rain :rain:

And that new audio ad that keeps screaming out of my comp every time I load MTF sucks even more. :armed:

Sunset of Age
05-26-2008, 06:17 PM

I understand you're doing a bit of trolling here, but the more knowledgeable Fed fans actually know that Roger in fact prefers the Lenglen court above the Chartrier court... so you won't hear any complaining about that from here. ;)

Action Jackson
05-26-2008, 06:18 PM
A roof only solves part of the problem, there are still going to be players who are disadvantaged by these conditions, even with a roof built, but they don't count.

Nadal could play 7 days straight and still win this event.

bokehlicious
05-26-2008, 06:19 PM
I understand you're doing a bit of trolling here, but the more knowledgeable Fed fans actually know that Roger in fact prefers the Lenglen court above the Chartrier court... so you won't hear any complaining about that from here. ;)

Well said :angel: :o :D

Sunset of Age
05-26-2008, 06:24 PM
A roof only solves part of the problem, there are still going to be players who are disadvantaged by these conditions, even with a roof built, but they don't count.

Alas, true. But that's the way it is, I'm afraid - it'll always be so that the higher ranked players get to play in the bigger venues, which are usually the only ones which have/will have a roof - and thus benefitting more. One can say it's unfair, but well... life in general is unfair, and so is sports.

I'm not too worried about this either. If he manages to keep (the majority of) his matches short three-setters, I don't think he'll encounter much problems, whether it rains or not.

JediFed
05-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Obviously Federer made a deal with the rain god in Paris and in Wimbly so that his matches will never be delayed.

Rafa should go to him to master this trick too.

Castafiore
05-26-2008, 06:34 PM
The trolling was also done by JM, Karin. ;) (but it's a follow-up of what's written in another thread)
The poor thing hasn't yet recovered from the shame of seeing Federer scheduled on...*shock, horror*...Lenglen. I'm afraid that he hasn't received the Fedtard note on explaining why Lenglen is actually preferable.

l_mac
05-26-2008, 06:39 PM
How do you figure that?

What if it carries on raining? Rafa will play tomorrow (most likely). I’ll post the schedule for tomorrow as soon as it’s up. Bear in mind that we got through 15 men’s and 15 women’s matches yesterday which meant that we were already ahead of sched. Add to that 11 women’s matches completed today and 15 men’s and we’re almost half-way through the first round. Round 2 Tue and Wed, Round 3 Thu and Fri, Round 4 Sat and Sun, then we’ve got a whole week to alternate men’s and women’s for the quarters, semis and the final. Sorted.
The problem is that the bottom half of the draw is meant to be playing first, yet certain players from the top half are already in the 2nd round, when there are players, including Rafa :awww: from the bottom half who havn't even stepped on court yet. Some of the bottom half players might need to play 2 straight days.

So all things are not equal. Already. Again.

Karin, you're not the only Fed fan on the forum and trust me, plenty of them have been whining :lol:

Castafiore
05-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Karin, you're not the only Fed fan on the forum and trust me, plenty of them have been whining :lol:
Linda, Fedtards do not "whine", they "joke". ;)

bokehlicious
05-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Hilde :rolleyes: stop spamming this thread ;)

Sunset of Age
05-26-2008, 06:43 PM
The trolling was also done by JM, Karin. ;) (but it's a follow-up of what's written in another thread)
The poor thing hasn't yet recovered from the shame of seeing Federer scheduled on...*shock, horror*...Lenglen. I'm afraid that he hasn't received the Fedtard note on explaining why Lenglen is actually preferable.

Ah... well yes, I can't keep up with everything ;).
You don't have to be a 'Fedtard' to know that Roger has commented on the Chartrier court being a bit intimidating as it's so huge (for whatever that's worth :lol:)... so he actually likes Lenglen more - just being a fan of his is enough. :angel: ;)

Castafiore
05-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Hilde :rolleyes: stop spamming this thread ;)
Still grumpy, are you? Hey, it happens to the best of us. ;) :p

MariaV
05-26-2008, 06:44 PM
:scratch: are you high? :confused: :o

YOU were whining like that half the day today? :confused: :o :shrug: :D

WHAT?!?! I never troll. :angel:
I cannot bother right now to find the posts where JM whined today that Fed had to play on lenglen today. He whined about it half day today. :shrug:
If you need I can give you links later. Other people at Fed's forum were also whining. :shrug:

MariaV
05-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Ah... well yes, I can't keep up with everything ;).
You don't have to be a 'Fedtard' to know that Roger has commented on the Chartrier court being a bit intimidating as it's so huge (for whatever that's worth :lol:)... so he actually likes Lenglen more - just being a fan of his is enough. :angel: ;)

Tell that to your mate JM. :shrug:

Sunset of Age
05-26-2008, 06:50 PM
The problem is that the bottom half of the draw is meant to be playing first, yet certain players from the top half are already in the 2nd round, when there are players, including Rafa :awww: from the bottom half who havn't even stepped on court yet. Some of the bottom half players might need to play 2 straight days.

So all things are not equal. Already. Again.

No, things aren't equal. In fact, they NEVER are. That's LIFE.
But don't act as if it's only Rafa who always has the bad luck - it's just not true.

I do agree with you on that strange scheduling of the draws, btw. I was very surprised to see Djoko out on court on the very first day - I think it would be more appropriate to have the defending champion opening the matches, just to name a possibility. :shrug:

I guess I've found myself a very safe, whiner-free refuge on this board then, as I've seen barely any of it. ;)

Castafiore
05-26-2008, 06:53 PM
I guess I've found myself a very safe, whiner-free refuge on this board then, as I've seen barely any of it. ;)
or perhaps you have Fedtard blinkers on. :hug:

Roland9
05-26-2008, 06:54 PM
People arguing with each other about whining like it matters --> :lol:

Sunset of Age
05-26-2008, 06:56 PM
WHAT?!?! I never troll. :angel:

:lol:

I cannot bother right now to find the posts where JM whined today that Fed had to play on lenglen today. He whined about it half day today. :shrug:
If you need I can give you links later. Other people at Fed's forum were also whining. :shrug:

Oh, I've barely seen any posts by JM today, so that might explain why I didn't notice. Don't bother, I'm not interested in reading whining of any kind. ;)

There were a few people whining on the Fed forum, that's true - you may also include ME for this matter - but if you look up the reason why, you will find out that it had nothing to do with experiencing it as a 'lack of respect' towards Fed or any of that nonsense (at least for me) - no, I was merely pissed off as Eurosport kept on showing that bad match between Robredo and Coria, and as such I missed the first two sets of Fed's match. :mad: :lol:

And to be honest: I shouldn't have bothered about being able to watch Fed's match either... :o

Sunset of Age
05-26-2008, 07:00 PM
or perhaps you have Fedtard blinkers on. :hug:

Yeah, because being a fan of Feds equals being a Fedtard, no? :wavey:

Lucinda
05-26-2008, 07:02 PM
I won't have any complaints about the organizers unless some players end up on court three days in a row while others have three days of rest - or other similar scenarios.

l_mac
05-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Linda, Fedtards do not "whine", they "joke". ;)
:o I forgot that for a moment.

My apologies, Fedtards. :D
No, things aren't equal. In fact, they NEVER are. That's LIFE.
But don't act as if it's only Rafa who always has the bad luck - it's just not true.

I forget Karin, the last time there were weather related scheduling issues at a Slam, was Rafa affected? Yes. Has he been affected today? Yes.

I do agree with you on that strange scheduling of the draws, btw. I was very surprised to see Djoko out on court on the very first day - I think it would be more appropriate to have the defending champion opening the matches, just to name a possibility. :shrug:

IMO, none of the top half matches shold have been scheduled before the bottom half. The organisers decided bottom half should play first then they should stick to it. The weather forecast is bad all week. Why they put players who aren't due to play Round 2 until Thursday on court before players due to play on Wednesday is beyond me :rolleyes:

Castafiore
05-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Yeah, because being a fan of Feds equals being a Fedtard, no? :wavey:
On MTF? Yup.

A fan of Nadal = Rafatard
A fan of Nadal and Federer = glory hunter
A fan of Nadal, Federer and Djokovic = in need of a shrink

ChinoRios4Ever
05-26-2008, 07:07 PM
poor Rafa, WTF stupid idiots

they know that will rain and they put Fed in a early match than Rafa :rolleyes:

Action Jackson
05-26-2008, 07:07 PM
People arguing with each other about whining like it matters --> :lol:

Best way to describe your comment is the title of this video. Yes, it's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvHLmF7dGPo&feature=related

scoobs
05-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Okay so we have the 3 time defending champion, a man who has lost 2 clay court matches in 4 years, whose match has been delayed by 1 day by the elements (so far, weather forecast is entirely against him), and of course that must mean the entire tennis world is against him and trying to make him lose, weaken him, whatever.

I find the oversensitivity of some people around here astounding.

He may have to play 2 days running if the weather stays bad.

Oh NOES.

Jesus. It happens at Grand Slams sometimes. Over the course of a long career, all players will experience this from time to time. Doesn't mean there's some sort of gentle conspiracy to make them have the toughest route possible to the final. Sometimes a rain delay is just a rain delay.

Sunset of Age
I forget Karin, the last time there were weather related scheduling issues at a Slam, was Rafa affected? Yes. Has he been affected today? Yes.

Yes, he was, I fully admit that. However, I don't know how much you know about statistics, but two-times-in-a-row barely equals 'always', and it's not a sign of the High Almighty being against Rafa winning RG. ;)

And about the Wimbly weather only affecting Raf... not true either. I know, many seemed to think Roger only benefitted from it, but it's in fact not benefitting to one's playing rhythm at all to just have to sit there and wait for DAYS to finally being able to play your next match... ;)

Blame it all on the organizers, I'd say.

IMO, none of the top half matches shold have been scheduled before the bottom half. The organisers decided bottom half should play first then they should stick to it. The weather forecast is bad all week. Why they put players who aren't due to play Round 2 until Thursday on court before players due to play on Wednesday is beyond me :rolleyes:

Yes, that makes a lot more sense, I fully agree with you that this is indeed a stupid decision. I guess the ISP still lives in a different century, or on another planet. :o

ChinoRios4Ever

True. :o

l_mac
05-26-2008, 07:12 PM
Okay so we have the 3 time defending champion, a man who has lost 2 clay court matches in 4 years, whose match has been delayed by 1 day by the elements (so far, weather forecast is entirely against him), and of course that must mean the entire tennis world is against him and trying to make him lose, weaken him, whatever.

I find the oversensitivity of some people around here astounding.

He may have to play 2 days running if the weather stays bad.

Oh NOES.

Jesus. It happens at Grand Slams sometimes. Over the course of a long career, all players will experience this from time to time. Doesn't mean there's some sort of gentle conspiracy to make them have the toughest route possible to the final. Sometimes a rain delay is just a rain delay.
:rolls: Lighten up, scoobs :hug:
Yes, he was, I fully admit that. However, I don't know how much you know about statistics, but two-times-in-a-row barely equals 'always', and it's not a sign of the High Almighty being against Rafa winning RG. ;)

And about the Wimbly weather only affecting Raf... not true either. I know, many seemed to think Roger only benefitted from it, but it's in fact not benefitting to one's playing rhythm at all to just have to sit there and wait for DAYS to finally being able to play your next match... ;)

Blame it all on the organizers, I'd say.

:lol: Karin :hug: I never said always or only. I don't think any Rafa fans genuinely believe Mother Nature is a Fed fan. Even if it looks that way sometimes.

:lol: ;)

Yes, that makes a lot more sense, I fully agree with you that this is indeed a stupid decision. I guess the ISP still lives in a different century, or on another planet. :o

I just don't get the thinking. :shrug:

cobalt60
05-26-2008, 07:13 PM
No offense anyone but I have been dying to use this smiley-http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/boohoo.gif ( thanks to GW and Mangoes)

Action Jackson
05-26-2008, 07:13 PM
True. :o

As long as the quarter finals are completed by the 2nd Wednesday, then that will be good. It's just that there's a rain delay and it has the same impact as the full moon does on some people.

Action Jackson
05-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Christian Bimes conspiring against Nadal.

http://thesituationist.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/full-moon-by-crudity.jpg

Allez
Nadal has in no way been disadvantaged by this act of god. He probably prefers it too. Roger almost lost Wimby last year due to having too many days off. No such problems for Nadal this year. His body can more than handle it. So Rafatards please relax and enjoy ;)

Sunset of Age
On MTF? Yup.

A fan of Nadal = Rafatard
A fan of Nadal and Federer = glory hunter
A fan of Nadal, Federer and Djokovic = in need of a shrink

Okay, okay... :lol: :rolls:

cobalt60
05-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Hilde what if you re not a fan of any of them :angel: ?

Sunset of Age
05-26-2008, 07:25 PM

Call the ambulance, immediately. Off to the asylum! :lol:

Caralimon
05-26-2008, 07:26 PM
I read that Nadal was asked to play the opening match on sunday, but he refused.

He should've checked the forecast, he needs to focus he won't win this Slam without knowing whether it's gonna rain or not.

cobalt60
05-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Call the ambulance, immediately. Off to the asylum! :lol:

Damn and here I thought I was one of the sane chosen few :angel:

Castafiore
05-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Clearly not a tennis fan. ;)

l_mac
05-26-2008, 07:30 PM

I find the ones that "aren't a fan of any of them" tend to root for Federer :tape:

:p

prima donna
05-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Hahahaha.

nobama
05-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Sounds easy but I can imagine the moaning in the RF section of this forum were Roger on the tomorrow's waiting list.
Yeah poor Rafa. :sad:What can you do about it though? They can't control the weather.

amierin
05-26-2008, 07:32 PM
I know it's been said but I can't believe it's 2008 and RG doesn't have lights.

cobalt60
05-26-2008, 07:42 PM

I find the ones that "aren't a fan of any of them" tend to root for Federer :tape:

:p

:ras: No one I root for ever really wins ;)

shawshank
05-26-2008, 07:42 PM
It is so unfair that Federer who is in a half of draw which was mostly supossed to play on Tuesday has already played his match and Rafa who was supossed to play today still didn't managed to play. Poor Rafa and again lucky lucky Roger :rolleyes:

Sunset of Age
05-26-2008, 07:50 PM
^^ tool.

Allez
05-26-2008, 07:51 PM
It is so unfair that Federer who is in a half of draw which was mostly supossed to play on Tuesday has already played his match and Rafa who was supossed to play today still didn't managed to play. Poor Rafa and again lucky lucky Roger :rolleyes:

It's a shame he refused to open proceedings on Sunday as the 3 time defending champ. He gets away with so much.

l_mac
05-26-2008, 07:55 PM
True.

Watch the Fed fans attack you :lol:
It's a shame he refused to open proceedings on Sunday as the 3 time defending champ. He gets away with so much.

Source??

He said last week he would ask to play on Monday or Tuesday. As his half of the draw are (allegedly :rolleyes:) playing first, he was scheduled for Monday :shrug:

Sunset of Age
05-26-2008, 08:03 PM

You're not being serious here, I hope? :confused:
It's not the players who make up the OOP, it's the tournament organizers... :shrug:

Johnny Groove
05-26-2008, 08:06 PM
WAAAY too much bitching in here

Adler
05-26-2008, 08:11 PM
Nadal will win this even with his shoelaces tied

~*BGT*~
05-26-2008, 08:23 PM
And that new audio ad that keeps screaming out of my comp every time I load MTF sucks even more. :armed:

OMG I want to :boxing: :armed: whoever put that on here. :mad:

MissMelly2U
05-26-2008, 08:27 PM
I have full faith and confidence in Rafa and his ability to adapt and overcome.:rain:
It's the organizers that I'm not so sure about.:smash:

GustavoM_Fan
05-26-2008, 08:36 PM
http://www.segundosaque.com/video/556/Volvi%26oacute%3B+Guillermo+Coria
interview to Coria after match vs Robredo..
he said that he feels good and he is confident that will be in top100 in next months

http://www.segundosaque.com/video/557/Javier+Nalbandian
Schwank, Javier Nalbandian, MartŪn Jaite in the gym during rain. some hours ago.

Sunset of Age
05-26-2008, 08:42 PM

Those screeching Tennis Channel ads? The person responsible for putting them up at MTF should burned to the stake hanged upside down with his/her head above a fire have his/her fingernails pulled out one by one eh... get a good spanking. :cool:

Unbearable, especially when you listen to music while browsing the net. :help:

Sorry for :topic: folks.

Black Adam
05-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Can't believe all the help Roger is getting, he should have been playing tomorrow. Those organisers are real fedtards, they just want to see history made so that they might feel good because they were there and gave a hand to Fed :rolleyes: This is so pathetic.

RagingLamb
05-26-2008, 09:00 PM
:haha:

@#$% rain :rain:

Those screeching Tennis Channel ads? The person responsible for putting them up at MTF should burned to the stake hanged upside down with his/her head above a fire have his/her fingernails pulled out one by one eh... get a good spanking. :cool:

Unbearable, especially when you listen to music while browsing the net. :help:

Sorry for :topic: folks.

You may want to use the old version. it doesn't have these problems.

Or if you'd rather continue using this version, then try telling the admin about the audio, maybe they'll change this feature:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=394

@Sweet Cleopatra
05-26-2008, 09:42 PM
i know they will make a roof on wim next year
but when will they make a roof on paris too
any one knows ?
it's very annoying that matches are delayed because of rain ...

rocketassist
05-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Federer would kill for rain on a Sunday final with Nadal and a closed roof in Paris.

Ad Wim
05-26-2008, 09:46 PM
It hardly ever rains for long periods at the French, so I don't think they are considering it. I would first consider lights so they can play at night...

~*BGT*~
05-26-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't remember where, but I read that lights affect the court somehow. :scratch: That didn't make sense considering Rome has lights and a night session. :shrug:

@Sweet Cleopatra
05-26-2008, 09:50 PM
It hardly ever rains for long periods at the French, so I don't think they are considering it. I would first consider lights so they can play at night...

it will rain for a whole week ...

Ad Wim
05-26-2008, 09:53 PM
The peculiar is that Nole and Roger both get two days off whil Rafa is playing two days in a row. Both situations have their disadvantages though...

elessar

They are actually, Bimes the president of the french federation wants to build a new court by 2012 with a roof 800 meters from Chatrier with a 15,000 seats capacity :shrug: He's a jackass but I hope his plan works

Ad Wim
it will rain for a whole week ...

I'm sure they'll find enough space to execute the normal schedule quite fine...

scoobs
05-26-2008, 09:58 PM
They are actually, Bimes the president of the french federation wants to build a new court by 2012 with a roof 800 meters from Chatrier with a 15,000 seats capacity :shrug: He's a jackass but I hope his plan works
I read this but then I read later the plan had been shelved, partly due to Paris not getting the 2012 Olympics, so I don't know which is true.

I gather they have problems on the site with not a lot of room to work with and unlikely to be able to extend into the Bois de Boulogne.

Eden
05-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Sometimes you really wonder how long some of the people of this forum have followed tennis... All this discussion about rain :rolleyes: It happens at tournaments which are played without a roof. Former generations of players have survived it and I guess the current ones won't have that much problems either.

elessar
05-26-2008, 10:08 PM
I read this but then I read later the plan had been shelved, partly due to Paris not getting the 2012 Olympics, so I don't know which is true.

I gather they have problems on the site with not a lot of room to work with and unlikely to be able to extend into the Bois de Boulogne.
It was supposed to be built for the olympics that's true but Bimes is still hoping this will get through, even though they've given up on the Bois de Boulogne idea, and he (supposedly) has the money to pay for it with the help of Paris. Bimes is an arrogant prick (and a crook) so he has a lot of ennemies which doesn't help his case though :shrug:
I seem to remember you speaking french, if so here's an article about it :
http://www.challenges.fr/business/1211407200.CHAP1025671/rolandgarros_se_sent__ltroit.html

scoobs
05-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Very interesting read, thanks :yeah:

It's a good point that's made in the article, the future is not set in stone, and with jerkoffs like Tiriac around, Grand Slams can't afford to be left behind and seeming backward - to preserve their status as the premier tennis events they must continue to develop with the times and improve their facilities.

l_mac
05-26-2008, 10:21 PM

They were talking about that on Eurosport tonight ... maybe on Game, Set and Mats. Whoever was talking about it was speaking as though it was definitely happening. I think. I wasn't really paying attention.

scoobs
05-26-2008, 10:22 PM
They were talking about that on Eurosport tonight ... maybe on Game, Set and Mats. Whoever was talking about it was speaking as though it was definitely happening. I think. I wasn't really paying attention.
I hope it does.

Within 10 years all 4 slams should have at least 1 court with a roof

shotgun
05-26-2008, 10:23 PM
In the meanwhile, they should just put some decent lights at the main courts. A lot of clay tournaments have night sessions, I don't see why RG can't have them, at least in the early rounds.

~*BGT*~
05-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Game, Set, and Mats? :lol:

@Sweet Cleopatra
05-26-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm sure they'll find enough space to execute the normal schedule quite fine...

i hope so

Clay Death
05-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Rafa screwed again.

he will find an indoor court to practice but it will not be the same obviously.

scoobs
05-26-2008, 11:26 PM
They had an atrocious start with the weather in 2006 - I remember Nadal breaking the claycourt streak record on a cold, foul day with strong wind. There were rain delays on the Tuesday and Wednesday too, but by Saturday the schedule was fully caught up. There's nothing to worry about unless there's very little play the next 2 or 3 days. Then it will get a bit more difficult.

leng jai
05-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Too late for Smeets :sad:

rocketassist
05-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Hopefully RG and Wimbledon will have evening sessions one day..fingers crossed.

scoobs
05-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Wimbledon never will - they won't get permits to put up the floodlights in the residential area.

Montego
05-26-2008, 11:32 PM
And what IF there is a washout for whole two weeks ? I know that this is only a hypothetical question and it's highly unlikely, but what if it happens? Are there some regulations to that? Would the tournament be moved, cancelled or....It's not that hard to imagine 14 days of rain.

nobama
05-26-2008, 11:50 PM
he will find an indoor court to practice but it will not be the same obviously.
Is Nadal the only one in the bottom half who hasn't started his R1 match yet?

l_mac
05-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Is Nadal the only one in the bottom half who hasn't started his R1 match yet?

No, I don't think Nieminen started or Feli. That's why I don't understand so many top half matches being played first :confused:

rocketassist
05-26-2008, 11:58 PM
Wimbledon never will - they won't get permits to put up the floodlights in the residential area.

The miserable old farts can sod right off- and besides, an indoor night session wouldn't cause them problems.

nobama
05-27-2008, 12:12 AM
No, I don't think Nieminen started or Feli. That's why I don't understand so many top half matches being played first :confused:That :confused: me too.

Sunset of Age
05-27-2008, 01:43 AM
Can't believe all the help Roger is getting, he should have been playing tomorrow.

OF COURSE you can't believe it. Your brains are just too shrivelled to understand.

leng jai
05-27-2008, 01:46 AM
OF COURSE you can't believe it. Your brains are just too shrivelled to understand.

Black Adam is a brainiac, don't let anyone convince you differently.

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-27-2008, 04:16 AM

True

Federer cant win without cheating or getting lucky.

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-27-2008, 04:16 AM

Coming from the queen of the Fedtards.

P.S. Do you want Rafa to lose to Fed at Wimby again oh great Rafa fan

Fedtards are all hypocrites.

GlennMirnyi
05-27-2008, 04:19 AM
So look who's back.

Clown Death now can be deactivated.

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-27-2008, 04:22 AM
So look who's back.

How is the dino tennis love going for you.

Every day another serve and volley scrub is sent to the tennis graveyard. :D

Sunset of Age
05-27-2008, 04:24 AM
Coming from the queen of the Fedtards.

P.S. Do you want Rafa to lose to Fed at Wimby again oh great Rafa fan

Fedtards are all hypocrites.

http://www.drippingblood.com/images/372troll.jpg

So look who's back.

Yep.

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-27-2008, 04:27 AM
A troll is someone who says they are a Rafa fan but then openly cheers against him in the most important matches of his career.

What a great fan you are :rolleyes:

Sunset of Age
05-27-2008, 04:29 AM
A troll is someone who says they are a Rafa fan but then openly cheers against him in the most important matches of his career.

It never came to mind to you that one can indeed be a fan of more than one player at a time? I pity you, my poor Spartan. :sad: :sad: :sad:

prima donna
05-27-2008, 04:31 AM

You have no right to subject any member of this board to public ridicule by waging personal attacks which have no place in a peaceful and perfectly civilized environment.

Moreover, the last time I checked, we were each entitled to cheer for whomever we pleased.

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-27-2008, 04:31 AM
It never came to mind to you that one can indeed be a fan of more than one player at a time? I pity you, my poor Spartan. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Sure I am a fan of Nole as well but to cheer against a fav in a match when all odds are against him (rain, fatigue, injury) for a guy who got lucky.

I cant imagine a mind like that (must be a Fedtard)

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-27-2008, 04:32 AM
Back off.

If I dont are you going to spout poetry at me :confused:

As I have always said to the Fedtards dont throw bricks if you live in glass houses.

prima donna
05-27-2008, 04:35 AM
If I dont are you going to spout poetry at me :confused:

As I have always said to the Fedtards dont throw bricks if you live in glass houses.
I hope that you're not oblivious to the fact that what you're doing could be interpreted as harassment and quite frankly, worthy of further investigation at the discretion of moderators.

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-27-2008, 04:36 AM
I hope that you're not oblivious to the fact that what you're doing could be interpreted as harassment and quite frankly, worthy of further investigation at the hands of moderators.

hold on she called me a troll first.

if I defend myself it is harrasment?

Please explain that to me.

prima donna
05-27-2008, 04:41 AM
hold on she called me a troll first.

if I defend myself it is harrasment?

Please explain that to me.
It's harassment when you've clearly gone out of your way on numerous occasions to individually target a member of this board for simply choosing to remain impartial with respect to the rivalry between Federer and Nadal.

You have no right to make a mockery of someone based on their preference in players, something which has become common practice and leaves room for one to speculate that your pattern of behavior is merely compulsive and thus must be dealt with by an intervening party.

There's nothing wrong with perfectly civilized discourse on this forum, but if you're going to exhaust all options in an attempt at intimidating another member, then don't expect for there not to be any repercussions for your deplorable conduct.

Grow up.

Aloimeh
05-27-2008, 04:47 AM
It's harassment when you've clearly gone out of your way on numerous occasions to individually target a member of this board for simply choosing to remain impartial with respect to the rivalry between Federer and Nadal.

You have no right to make a mockery of someone based on their preference in players, something which has become common practice and leaves room for one to speculate that your pattern of behavior is merely compulsive and thus must be dealt with by an intervening party.

There's nothing wrong with perfectly civilized discourse on this forum, but if you're going to exhaust all options in an attempt at intimidating another member, then don't expect for there not to be any repercussions for your deplorable conduct.

Grow up.

And your "discourse" here has been civilized how? You haven't wasted a single opportunity to denigrate Djokovic and his fans, and yet you spout on and on about "standards" and how you'll report people left and right. Get over yourself; this is just a tennis message board, not a finishing school.

prima donna
05-27-2008, 04:56 AM
You haven't wasted a single opportunity to denigrate Djokovic and his fans .
Provide me with a single post in which such has been the case.

and yet you spout on and on about "standards" and how you'll report people left and right..
I challenge you to cite another occcasion in which I've threatened to "report" another member of this board.

The fact is, that with a few rare exceptions, I've always voiced my displeasure by simply using reps as a means of communicating my thoughts or opinions. 8 times out of 10, it's merely a positive rep followed by a few lines of content, regardless as to whether or not I agree with what's been said by the particular poster.

Few people on this board actually like me (with good reason), but most of them will probably tell you that I believe in fairness.

Sunset of Age
05-27-2008, 04:59 AM
Few people on this board actually like me (with good reason), but most of them will probably tell you that I believe in fairness.

;)

Aloimeh
05-27-2008, 05:09 AM
Provide me with a single post in which such has been the case.

I challenge you to cite another occcasion in which I've threatened to "report" another member of this board.

The fact is, that with a few rare exceptions, I've always voiced my displeasure by simply using reps as a means of communicating my thoughts or opinions. 8 times out of 10, it's merely a positive rep followed by a few lines of content, regardless as to whether or not I agree with what's been said by the particular poster.

Considering your haughty tone and your exalted view of yourself, one would think you'd be above getting bent out of shape over what's said on these forums. I leave reporting only for seriously distracting/offensive matters - ethnic, religious, and racial attacks.

prima donna
05-27-2008, 05:12 AM
your exalted view of yourself
Where is this shown ?

TheSwissMaster
05-27-2008, 05:13 AM
I don't think any Rafa fans genuinely believe Mother Nature is a Fed fan. Even if it looks that way sometimes.

maybe he should stop cheating to have mother nature on his side
hehe