osalsyst
05-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Expected. Querrey played well though.

habibko
05-26-2008, 01:37 PM
quite expected :rolleyes:

Roland9
05-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Querrey tried, indeed... Good start from Fed; didn't look so great but didn't look bad either.

BlueSwan
05-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Didn't watch the match (couldn't), but the stats look TERRIBLE for Roger - hardly able to hit a winner all match??

iriraz
Pretty even match except the big points which made the difference

KitinovRules
It was about time.
If Faker had such a solid opponent in the 1rd and won without losing a set , we would have had already 10 posts by the Faketards.

BTW, Never in doubt.

Okonsky
05-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Yes, unworthy to remember. In fact - easy training for Fed. Clay is not Querrey surface.

Slasher
Sam didn't feel challenged enough and got demotivated. Happens.

Okonsky
It was about time.
If Faker had such a solid opponent in the 1rd and won without losing a set , we would have had already 10 posts by the Faketards.

BTW, Never in doubt.

Fed is Faker now?

mtw
05-26-2008, 01:40 PM
It is not very strange and amazing. It was 100% sure.

Sunset of Age
05-26-2008, 01:43 PM
A typical day in the office for Feds. Nothing special, did what he had to do - and at least did well on the Big Points. Congrats, Rogelio! :hatoff:

Good attempt by Querrey. :yeah:

Montego
05-26-2008, 01:45 PM
What a boooooooooooooooooooooooooring match :zzz:

Apemant
05-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Didn't watch the match (couldn't), but the stats look TERRIBLE for Roger - hardly able to hit a winner all match??

Stats are definitely screwed up - completely. What an incompetence from those guys who run that scoreboard junk. I bet I could code a better scoreboard in 2 days..

stebs
05-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Fairly dull match. A few moments of magic from Federer when he needed it and Querrey hit quite well for the most part but he was never going to be a threat.

Nothing to be taken from this match except the win, not that it was a poor performance but the skills Federer used to win this one are not the same ones he will need to exhibit later in the tournament.

groundstroke
05-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Saw the complete match, expected, this'll be great for Querrey for the future.

groundstroke
05-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Completely wrong, he hit many winners in the match, his backhand looked better as the match progressed too, only problem was that he got broke in the 1st set - that's it.

Adler
Querrey's serve and Federer's passive play made it so long, otherwise it would end like 6:3 6:2 6:3

Sunset of Age
Stats are definitely screwed up - completely. What an incompetence from those guys who run that scoreboard junk. I bet I could code a better scoreboard in 2 days..

Well, I couldn't watch the first two sets so I can't really tell if they are accurate or not - but I surely can't believe that a fellow who wins his sets & match that easily produced stats like THAT.

Nothing to be taken from this match except the win, not that it was a poor performance but the skills Federer used to win this one are not the same ones he will need to exhibit later in the tournament.

Exactly.

adee-gee
05-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Such a shame that this match was on the small Lenglen court and less people got a chance to witness this thriller.

RagingLamb
05-26-2008, 01:54 PM
watched some of it. wasn't that bad of a match. Roger did what he had to do.

Apemant
05-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Well, I couldn't watch the first two sets so I can't really tell if they are accurate or not - but I surely can't believe that a fellow who wins his sets & match that easily produced stats like THAT.

Can anyone post a screenshot from a TV summary?

Also the Coria match has wrong stats, the site displays only 20 winners for the entire match whereas it was 45 in the middle of the 4th set. :rolleyes:

Why it is so hard to count winners? It should be easier than UEs at any rate. Did they hire someone totally clueless to click whatever application they are using for keeping track of the stats?

seljanin
05-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Seemed like a very routine match to me. Fed just did what he had to do in order to win without any troubles in 3 sets. That's it.

KitinovRules
05-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Fed is Faker now?

I didn't saw Federer taking Medical timeout in this match.
One stinky little bastard took one in Monte Carlo since he couldn't take it to lose to the better opponent.

yanchr
05-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Can anyone post a screenshot from a TV summary?

Also the Coria match has wrong stats, the site displays only 20 winners for the entire match whereas it was 45 in the middle of the 4th set. :rolleyes:

Why it is so hard to count winners? It should be easier than UEs at any rate. Did they hire someone totally clueless to click whatever application they are using for keeping track of the stats?
Didn't screenshot, but I remember:

Federer winner:ue 24 13 Querrey 26 14

I was a bit surprised to see that Querrery actually hit more winners than Federer. Federer served pretty good, at around 70% 1st serve.

Allez
05-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Not a great match by any stretch of the imagination but Rogi did just about enough. On to round 2.

arm
05-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Fed is Faker now?

He sees Djokovic everywhere. Must be because he is good, no? :shrug:

I only watched the last 3 games. =/

TheSwissMaster
05-26-2008, 02:14 PM
expected upset but only if he can make 6 more upsets, then i'll be happy

Outfielder
05-26-2008, 02:19 PM
I didn't saw Federer taking Medical timeout in this match.
One stinky little bastard took one in Monte Carlo since he couldn't take it to lose to the better opponent.

:haha::haha::haha:

Kito, you are obsessed, maybe you should take a brake of mtf.

TheSwissMaster
05-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Fairly dull match. A few moments of magic from Federer when he needed it and Querrey hit quite well for the most part but he was never going to be a threat.

ofcourse 1st few rounds are going to be boring/dull specially when you're playing a nobody. (sorry querrey fans)

the real deal starts from 4th round onwards unless u get to play a decent player before that round.

Okonsky
05-26-2008, 02:26 PM
So, what's all about? Attention, Novak is everyehere...

It was about time.

BTW, Never in doubt.

arm
05-26-2008, 02:28 PM
So, what's all about? Attention, Novak is everyehere...

I told you :shrug:

scoobs
05-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Nice, uncomplicated start for Roger. Not brilliant form but good enough by far.

Chiseller
05-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Very dull match, indeed and the stats, well, they are completely wrong, Querrey for example had way more UE's.

You three, how about discussing that in PM? Cba to have this bullshit in every thread.

MatchFederer
05-26-2008, 02:53 PM
That nightmare I had where Federer pulled a hamstring in the RG final this year against Nadal. He was wearing that dark blue attire. Now I am even more scared.

BryanAndBryan
05-26-2008, 03:03 PM
surprising one considering the geniusness of the Americans in RG so far

habibko
05-26-2008, 03:06 PM
That nightmare I had where Federer pulled a hamstring in the RG final this year against Nadal. He was wearing that dark blue attire. Now I am even more scared.

man enough with the jinx already :(

MatchFederer
05-26-2008, 03:06 PM
True. Querrey should have won this match. The American invasion is beginning.

So, so far Novak gets through his 1st rounder in a fairly tough 4 setter as far as opening rounds for top seeds go. Federer is through fairly comfortably and I imagine Nadal will make it through comfortably in 3.

dam0dred
05-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Typical first round performance for Roger. No need to work too hard today, just get the win.

MatchFederer
05-26-2008, 03:08 PM
man enough with the jinx already :(

Hey man, im worried. I had no idea he would be wearing dark blue attire yet that was the colour of the attire that was in my dream the other night. He pulled the hammy running crosscourt to cover a dropshot. Ahhh but it was ooonly a dream, right?

SerenaFederer
05-26-2008, 03:09 PM
^you lie :unsure:

nice start fed...:)

MatchFederer
05-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Nah, i mentioned the dream in another thread a couple of days back. We should all be in in GREEEEAATTT FEEEAAAAR now.

octatennis
05-26-2008, 03:13 PM
:eek::eek: unexpected :eek::eek: i thought clay court master querry would triple baggeled federer.

Apemant
05-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Hey man, im worried. I had no idea he would be wearing dark blue attire yet that was the colour of the attire that was in my dream the other night. He pulled the hammy running crosscourt to cover a dropshot. Ahhh but it was ooonly a dream, right?

Don't tell me you are superstitious. Dreams can't tell the future - there are only a few different outfits Federer uses and you just happened to pick the right one in your dream, by chance. Thus sayeth the Ockham's razor. :devil:

The other possibility (from my perspective) is that you are just making this up - but I'm being polite so I'm not placing an emphasis on that one, even though, by the Ockham's razor, that would be the most likely explanation, LOL... again, from my own perspective, of course

MatchFederer
05-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Don't tell me you are superstitious. Dreams can't tell the future - there are only a few different outfits Federer uses and you just happened to pick the right one in your dream, by chance. Thus sayeth the Ockham's razor. :devil:

The other possibility (from my perspective) is that you are just making this up - but I'm being polite so I'm not placing an emphasis on that one, even though, by the Ockham's razor, that would be the most likely explanation, LOL... again, from my own perspective, of course

I spoke of the dream in another thread so I am not making it up. :p

Hmm well I was just playing on the dream last time but now that the attire colour matches... :eek:

Apemant
05-26-2008, 03:34 PM

I remember you said something like that, but I forgot if you actually mentioned the colour of his outfit in that dream? :devil:

Hmm well I was just playing on the dream last time but now that the attire colour matches... :eek:

I'll go out on a limb here and assume it's a coincidence :devil:

bokehlicious
05-26-2008, 03:36 PM
That display of Fed surely didn't impress Nole... #1 is a matter of weeks :cool:

MatchFederer
05-26-2008, 03:38 PM
I remember you said something like that, but I forgot if you actually mentioned the colour of his outfit in that dream? :devil:

I'll go out on a limb here and assume it's a coincidence :devil:

No no, I don't think i mentioned the colour last time out. I should have done to put this beyond any doubt :D! If I am gonna be honest, the top was dark blue but didn't have the white segments on them. :p

yanchr
05-26-2008, 03:45 PM

Do you know that dreams often than not tell the opposite...Last Thursday I dreamed of the RG draw and Djokovic and Nalbandian both landed in Federer's half and see how it turned out the next day ;)

The opposite to your dream: Federer wearing the same outfit battled out a great win in RG final and his opponent pulled out a hamstring (I'm not wishing that for any of his opponent here BTW) ;)

MatchFederer
05-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Do you know that dreams often than not tell the opposite...Last Thursday I dreamed of the RG draw and Djokovic and Nalbandian both landed in Federer's half and see how it turned out the next day ;)

The opposite to your dream: Federer wearing the same outfit battled out a great win in RG final and his opponent pulled out a hamstring (I'm not wishing that for any of his opponent here BTW) ;)

This gives me great hope. However, I do not wish injury upon any player.

arm
05-26-2008, 04:22 PM
No no, I don't think i mentioned the colour last time out. I should have done to put this beyond any doubt :D! If I am gonna be honest, the top was dark blue but didn't have the white segments on them. :p

I thought all our dreams were in black and white... :shrug:

MatchFederer
05-26-2008, 04:37 PM
I thought all our dreams were in black and white... :shrug:

According to who? I have been dreaming in colour my whole life. Somebody else told me the other day you can't read words or numbers in your dreams. I've been doing that for my whole life as well. What will the next dream myth be.

arm
05-26-2008, 04:42 PM
According to who? I have been dreaming in colour my whole life. Somebody else told me the other day you can't read words or numbers in your dreams. I've been doing that for my whole life as well. What will the next dream myth be.

Everything that people say about dreams are myths. Because so far, there's no way to prove nothing about them. So there's no way you can be 100% sure you dream in colours. :)

Anyway, not the place to discuss this. But just so you know, if you say that happened in your dream, I believe you. I have no reason not to. I was just stating something that I've heard a lot of times.

Black Adam
05-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Nadal rarely dropshots, but still, dreams are meant to come true hein?

tangerine_dream
05-26-2008, 04:46 PM
Lucky one, Roger.

Sam :hug:

MatchFederer
05-26-2008, 04:47 PM
Everything that people say about dreams are myths. Because so far, there's no way to prove nothing about them. So there's no way you can be 100% sure you dream in colours. :)

Anyway, not the place to discuss this. But just so you know, if you say that happened in your dream, I believe you. I have no reason not to. I was just stating something that I've heard a lot of times.

This will be my last off topic post then. I have done some reading up on all of this just now and some people claim to be able to read in dreams and some claim they can't. Apparently people can see colours in "lucid dreams". But anyway, perhaps a non tennis thread in the future.

Alex999
05-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Congrats to Roger. Why didn't he play on the centre court (Chartier)?

habibko
05-26-2008, 05:28 PM

since the US Open 2007, Federer started a tradition of his own, that he wears his "Darth Federer" attire whenever in a Grand Slam (save Wimbledon of course where he has to wear white), after US we saw it again in AO this year and now in the FO, it's very cool IMO and adds to his aura, so it's not that strange that such image was lingering in your subconscious.

of course if you DID dream that to begin with :help:

Okonsky
05-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Off - Dreaming in colour, believing in dreams, etc...mother Godess came to earth to meet Darth Federer and his aura (socks are silly, btw)...amazing.

Where are we? Is this twilight zone? Tanana...tananana...tananana...

#arm - shame on you. You have to dream in colours :angel:

FedFan_2007
05-26-2008, 05:50 PM
A typical day in the office for Feds. Nothing special, did what he had to do - and at least did well on the Big Points. Congrats, Rogelio! :hatoff:

Yeah Karin. Isn't this the 1st round "walkabout" type match that is usually a good sign for Rogelio? :D

Magus13
05-26-2008, 06:38 PM
I like to dream about hot chicks fooling around with eachother. I think you need better dreams.

Chiseller
05-26-2008, 06:42 PM
I like to dream about hot chicks fooling around with eachother. I think you need better dreams.

that's one of the achievements i've yet to accomplish. never managed to dream these dreams to the bloody end :lol:

MatchFederer
05-26-2008, 06:45 PM

:lol:

hmm...

FedererBulgaria
05-26-2008, 06:52 PM
:worship:

KitinovRules
05-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Congrats to Roger. Why didn't he play on the centre court (Chartier)?
Well,

In the 90's when Muster won RG and played very well on HC (and had some great results ) , US Open organisers decided to put the number 3 then on a outside court n.3 or 4 (or something like that) and some other players ranked 20 and counting were placed on a Central Court, simply because they were Americans.
His reaction was quite cynical:

Organizers put good players on a central courts , and not so god players like me , they put it on a outside courts

Thomas was my favourite player then, really! ;)

Commander Data
05-26-2008, 09:34 PM
6 more to go........

Allez Rog!

Black Adam
05-26-2008, 09:36 PM
5 more players will bend over for him until the clay monster pimp slaps him in the final.

Alex999
05-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Well,

In the 90's when Muster won RG and played very well on HC (and had some great results ) , US Open organisers decided to put the number 3 then on a outside court n.3 or 4 (or something like that) and some other players ranked 20 and counting were placed on a Central Court, simply because they were Americans.

Organizers put good players on a central courts , and not so god players like me , they put it on a outside courts

Good stuff, thanks :). Roger and Rafa always play on main courts at W, USO and AO if I remember correctly. I thought it was strange.

scoobs
05-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Roger and Rafa nearly always get one match on Lenglen at RG and one match on No1 at Wimbledon, though typically they are always on Rod Laver and Ashe.

Kuhne
05-26-2008, 11:49 PM
speaking about dreams, I just woke up and was dreaming I was driving a truck and some guys were shooting at my car and wanted to kill me.. that dream sucked.

then I woke up and fell asleep again and I was dreaming I was playing street fighter IV with a friend....

Anyways, too bad that maybe the best american hope to do something in the french open drew Roger Federer in the first round. Can't hold it against him, Sam did as much as he could, he played really good.

Blondie1985
05-27-2008, 01:33 AM
:worship:

Vida
05-27-2008, 01:44 AM
The only match I managed to watch today. It was a good show, yeah, not a whitewash, but convincing display from Fed. I believe there was not a patch where Sam had an upper hand (no wonder) but it was competitive enough to make it interesting.

I like Sam. He looks kinda dorky, but is by no means a choker, like choker choker. He put a good fight more or less. Fed looked good. I guess some expected him to dis a bagel or a breadstick, but he did well enough for a first round. No BP against him if Im not mistaken.

Yeah it was cool. Time well spent.

LinkMage
05-27-2008, 02:19 AM
Roger and Rafa nearly always get one match on Lenglen at RG and one match on No1 at Wimbledon, though typically they are always on Rod Laver and Ashe.

Fed has played several times on Armstrong at the USO in the last few years. The only place where he always plays at the biggest court is at the AO, I don't remember the last time he has played in Vodafone Arena.

Rumour
05-27-2008, 02:35 AM
Anyways, too bad that maybe the best american hope to do something in the french open drew Roger Federer in the first round. Can't hold it against him, Sam did as much as he could, he played really good.
My general sentiments too - looks like I didn't change my avatar in time to avoid jinxing Querrey :p but I'll console myself with a solid Federer performance and hope he continues to march on to another RG final but with a different outcome this time.

Federerhingis
05-27-2008, 04:21 AM

I know Federer played well within himself, at times it seemed he was really disinterested, well I guess he knew he would win this one anyway. :p

His movement was okay, but he'l need to raise intensity and everything in the coming rounds. I guess he's pacing himself. ;)

moon language
05-27-2008, 04:31 AM
Fed has played several times on Armstrong at the USO in the last few years. The only place where he always plays at the biggest court is at the AO, I don't remember the last time he has played in Vodafone Arena.

Indeed. Federer and Nadal both end up on Armstrong at times. Not really a big deal though since Armstrong is a million times better than Ashe for spectators.

Knightmace
05-27-2008, 04:37 AM
With Ease.

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-27-2008, 12:57 PM
5 more players will bend over for him until the clay monster pimp slaps him in the final.

Thats how it normally works.

A bunch of pansies let Fed beat them till he meets Rafa or Nole who kick his ass.

Art&Soul
05-27-2008, 04:21 PM

A bunch of pansies let Fed beat them till he meets Rafa or Nole who kick his ass.
You should add Faker to your pansies list for the way his ass got kicked in MC

FedFan_2007
05-27-2008, 06:03 PM

RFK is back, or is Clay Death? ;)

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-28-2008, 05:13 AM
FedFan_2007 have you got your Fedtard promotion yet and become one of the top guns or are you still a little fish.

The light shines on.

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-28-2008, 05:14 AM
You should add Faker to your pansies list for the way his ass got kicked in MC

Tactical retreat.

No point in playing when injured plus Djokovic is so great he will only beat up Fed in Grand Slams.

Let the pansy Fed have the tiny pointless masters.

cardio
05-28-2008, 05:35 AM
Well,

Urban legend says that Boris Becker almost missed his match in Wimbledon when he was already champion and big star. He looked on OOP : no Becker in Central, no Becker in court no 1, I´m not playing today.But he was put on outside court.