Almagro def Pashanski 6-4, 7-5, 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Almagro def Pashanski 6-4, 7-5, 6-1

Jelena
05-25-2008, 03:12 PM
:woohoo: Pashanski out. :)

KitinovRules
05-25-2008, 03:22 PM
:woohoo: Pashanski out. :)

What's so wrong with Pasha , that you are cheering after his loss.?

Manon
05-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Pashanski played as his pretty best in 1st & 2nd but Almagro is tough cookie. Expected.

Lee
05-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Well done Almagro and hope his wrist holds up for 2 weeks.

Jelena
05-25-2008, 03:40 PM
What's so wrong with Pasha , that you are cheering after his loss.?
Well, I can't cheer for someone who calls a black Brazilian a monkey, even if he is from one of the countries I have my roots in.

schorsch
05-25-2008, 03:42 PM
he did that ? :lol: when and why ?

Branimir
05-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Hahahha did he really do it? :P That's horrible.

TankingTheSet
05-25-2008, 03:54 PM

This story must have been posted about 3478347387483 times on MTF already, every time Pashanski plays in fact. :lol:

KitinovRules
05-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Well, I can't cheer for someone who calls a black Brazilian a monkey, even if he is from one of the countries I have my roots in.
You are Serbian? You have typical and very common Serbian name.

Yes, I know about that incident (I think it was at some challenger two years ago)

Jelena
05-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Here (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=89790&highlight=Pashanski+Silva) is the thread to the topic..

BryanAndBryan
05-25-2008, 04:11 PM
that's what you call making a statement

Almgro: healthy wrist = FO quarterfinals

Branimir
05-25-2008, 04:12 PM
@Jelena
Edit the URL, it is not clickable. :D

Manon
05-25-2008, 04:16 PM

He did that last year when he was in a few challengers in South Amrica? It seems so familiar.

Manon
05-25-2008, 04:18 PM
You are Serbian? You have typical and very common Serbian name.

Croatian, Russian, Montenegrian, etc...too. Slav name.

Jelena
05-25-2008, 04:20 PM
@Jelena
Edit the URL, it is not clickable. :D
Hvala Branimire. I edited it.

Andre♥
05-25-2008, 04:29 PM
Good Almugro! Taking out the trash! :worship:

Jelena_78
05-25-2008, 04:36 PM

We here sometimes 'call' (say to) eachother 'monkeys' too...and we're white, and Serbs, so what he did doesn't necessarily have to do anything with the colour of the person... it's very common here, like when you say 'you fool'.
I'm not saying he didn't say it in that context, cause I simply can not know that, I'm just saying that maybe he just used it as he would have here in everyday speech :o

Anyway good two sets Boris.
Not enough to threaten Almagro.
Nicolas, congrats :yeah:

Jelena
05-25-2008, 04:41 PM
We here sometimes 'call' (say to) eachother 'monkeys' too...and we're white, and Serbs, so what he did doesn't necessarily have to do anything with the colour of the person... it's very common here, like when you say 'you fool'.
I'm not saying he didn't say it in that context, cause I simply can not know that, I'm just saying that maybe he just used it as he would have here in everyday speech :o

Anyway good two sets Boris.
Not enough to threaten Almagro.
Nicolas, congrats :yeah:
I know the way of talking to each other in Serbia. But still Pashanski should have been aware that this vocabulary is nothing more than inappropriate when he uses it in Brazil and even more when he's just talking about a black player. Sorry, but he is THE Serbian I cannot support. What I wrote as reaction in the linked thread is still valid.

Jelena_78
05-25-2008, 04:42 PM
I know the way of talking to each other in Serbia. But still Pashanski should have been aware that this vocabulary is nothing more than inappropriate when he uses it in Brazil and even more when he's just talking about a black player.

I agree

*snowflake*
05-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Well done Nico! And i hope that wrist of his is okay considering he fell on it during the match.

On the note of Pashanski, i never cheered for him but after hearing about that incident i started cheering against him.
If i recall, he not only called Silva a monkey but he specifically said that he looked like a monkey. Then he said that white ppl are more intelligent and black ppl more endurant.
I'm sorry but here, when you say to someone monkey it holds the connotation of being stupid, you never tell them they look like a monkey. Plus if you have any kind of knowledge you'd know that the main racial problem was the downplaying of black ppl by saying they're more monkeys than humans.
So i don't believe that what happened there was a language barrier which led to misunderstanding. He's just an ignorant asshole.

Merton
05-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Hopefully Mucho's wrist is fine, it would be great to see him against Nalbandian, if they both make it that far.

Adler
05-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Hopefully Mucho's wrist is fine, it would be great to see him against Nalbandian, if they both make it that far.
Yeah...

KitinovRules
05-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Croatian, Russian, Montenegrian, etc...too. Slav name.
Russian is Elena, Macedonian too.
In Croatia not that much of Jelenas as in Serbia.

Manon
05-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Russian is Elena, Macedonian too.
In Croatia not that much of Jelenas as in Serbia.
Weel, I have a few Macedonians female colleagues- 3-4 Jelena, 1 Elena.

Nevermind, it is the same name.

HeretiC
05-25-2008, 08:20 PM
Nico was serving very good and that bailed him out few times in the match, Pashanski even had a set point in second set. BH DTL rock solid as always. That wrist might be problem, he fell right on his hand while chasing a drop shot and looked very concerned after that.

Henry Chinaski
05-25-2008, 11:12 PM
Well done Nico! And i hope that wrist of his is okay considering he fell on it during the match.

On the note of Pashanski, i never cheered for him but after hearing about that incident i started cheering against him.
If i recall, he not only called Silva a monkey but he specifically said that he looked like a monkey. Then he said that white ppl are more intelligent and black ppl more endurant.
I'm sorry but here, when you say to someone monkey it holds the connotation of being stupid, you never tell them they look like a monkey. Plus if you have any kind of knowledge you'd know that the main racial problem was the downplaying of black ppl by saying they're more monkeys than humans.
So i don't believe that what happened there was a language barrier which led to misunderstanding. He's just an ignorant asshole.

According to Pashanski Silva's nickname on the tour is Monkey. I don't know if that's true or not.

Action Jackson
05-26-2008, 05:41 AM
Good stuff Mucho, time to step it up for RG and actually make the 3rd round.

VolandriFan
05-26-2008, 06:38 AM
People make mistakes. I still like Pashanski, I'm sure you've forgiven your friends for worse.

Truc
05-26-2008, 07:00 AM
But his wrist is still bothering him, apparently, he says he hadn't played at all for 2 weeks, gets tons of treatments for his wrist, needed an injection yesterday to be able to play and when he fell on it during the match, it was hurting a lot again, etc.

Julio
05-26-2008, 07:13 AM
The Leprechaun powa' !!! :music: :lol:

Action Jackson
05-26-2008, 07:19 AM
According to Pashanski Silva's nickname on the tour is Monkey. I don't know if that's true or not.

Not the point whether it is or not, when he cames out as a racist buffoon, especially when he expanded on it with the theories about white people being more intelligent.

Rumour
05-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Pleased to see Almagro beat that bastard handily but worried to learn his wrist is apparently not holding up too well :unsure:

DhammaTiger
05-26-2008, 02:20 PM
I am so happy Nico won his first round match but having learned that his wrist is still not healed fully I am eathher worried. Get well Nico.

Henry Chinaski
05-26-2008, 03:54 PM
Not the point whether it is or not, when he cames out as a racist buffoon, especially when he expanded on it with the theories about white people being more intelligent.

there is a difference between calling a black guy whose nickname is monkey a monkey and calling him monkey with the intention to hurt.

and I know about the other stuff. But there's a difference between an uneducated dumbass racist who believes in outdated generalisations and an overtly vicious racist who detests members of an other race even on an indivisual basis. I think Boris is probably the former whereas directly abusing someone by calling him monkey would suggest he's the latter.

juanqui.ferrero
05-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Nice match from Nico! He served very well and, tho he made some mistakes, his game was very solid!
VAMOS!