RG R1: Djokovic def. Gremelmayr 4-6, 6-3, 7-5, 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

RG R1: Djokovic def. Gremelmayr 4-6, 6-3, 7-5, 6-2

osalsyst
05-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Good job Novak! I was a bit nervous there for a bit but he came through in the end. He and Berrer should have a "Who's got the best overhead" contest.

miura
05-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Too bad Gremelmayr didn't come through. He definately has the level of game it requires.

Albop
djokovic sucks

great first set dennis :yeah:

finishingmove
full of brainfarts on both sides

arm
Next time I am not waking up to watch a tennis match. No way.

Those smashes… :smash:

Gremelmayr :yeah: some amazing shots.

schorsch
05-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Hehe, first round anyone? Gremelmeyer might be Santoros successor one day :lol:

Well done on makin' it through Nolenko ;)

Voo de Mar
05-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Gremelmayr has very good backhand but it isn't enough to beat Djokovic in poor form.

Leen.
wow, some nice tennis. nevertheless, well done denis!

zcess81
That was poor performance from Novak, but a win is a win. He didn't get frustrated much (or at least he didn't show it) though, kept calm and he pulled through. First matches are always the trickiest ones though, so hopefully he'll up his level in his next match.

Fed Express
05-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Well played Gremelmeyer!

raven gypsy
05-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Good effort from Gremelmayr especially in the first set.
Djokovic, hats off, shows why he is a top seed and gets through..

wilmar
05-25-2008, 01:40 PM
the two commentators for the match kept praising djoker throughout the match...hmmm....perhaps afraid of any harm that might befall them?

anon57
05-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Not a very convincing match from Djokovic but he did enough to win, Good play by Gremelmayr in the first set

HeretiC
05-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Good job Novak! I was a bit nervous there for a bit but he came through in the end. He and Berrer should have a "Who's got the best overhead" contest.

Novak is trying to overtake Berrer as a head chief overhead instructor.;)

foul_dwimmerlaik
05-25-2008, 01:41 PM
An absolute shite match, on both sides, the 1st set was an abomination. I don't remember Nole's overheads ever sucking so badly. Served out 3rd set on his 3rd try. :help: Still good enough to get to the next rd.

piksi
05-25-2008, 01:43 PM
luckily I didn't wake up for this

Novak won. He had some trouble in the beginning getting used to the new commentator from the Serbian National Television (RTS). One he realized that it is the different guy now and that his dad doesn't have to beat anyone up - he was fine.

eck
Denis :o
It was good while it lasted

m9m9m9m9m9
after this match, he will almost like having 4 walkovers till the semi final :D

Roland9
05-25-2008, 01:44 PM
It was good to see the way Gremelmayr played the 1st, and also good to see Djokovic upping his level as the match progressed... Some strange errors, still a good win.

cardio
05-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Djoko`s smashes were:haha: and Gremelmayr`s dropshots :smash: , but overall it was good fight from German and not so good struggling -but-getting-through day for Serb.

Sean.J.S.
05-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Nice first set by Denis. :yeah:

Farenhajt
05-25-2008, 01:46 PM
What a great smasher this Djokovic... :inlove:

What a great dropper this Gremelmayr... :inlove:

(I was looking forward to "Novak 'The Smash' Djokovic d. Denis 'The Dropshot' Gremelmayr" title... ah well.)

A match to be forgotten, though Gremelmayr showed he should be by no means underestimated.

HeretiC
05-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Good effort from Denis but it was obvious that he can not continue in the same rhythm as in first set. Preserving strength and energy can be crucial for slam matches. Novak very good ground strokes from both wings, solid serve, par volleying (for his standards) and I can't find suitable words for his amazing overheads.;)

Laba
05-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Him and his fucking ball bouncing... I swear to God, the umpire merely looking at the supervisor ain't gonna do shit. Nineteen, twenty or so bounces on break points is pathetic... even with the stupid ass commentator covering up and saying he's been bouncing it less. What's with people consistently defending Novak and his bullshit?:rolleyes:

Anyway, the third set was disappointing with how Dennis simply threw away the fightback. From there the end result was obvious. Really great first set though, props for some awesome shots. :cool:

Herdwick
05-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Credit to Gremelmayr - excellent first set and showed guts throughout. Worryingly patchy performance from Nole; forehand and overheads strangely unreliable. Made some intelligent adjustments to game though as match progressed but that third set collapse:confused:

Petrovic
05-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Joker attending Eurovision contest in Serbia and than a day later celebrating his birthday all night in restaurant !
Not a good idea just a day or two before FO !
German is a good player and respect to him !
But Joker is a different class !

Polikarpov
05-25-2008, 01:53 PM
I enjoyed that match. Lot's of great rallies and shots from both players.

l_mac
05-25-2008, 01:55 PM
:lol:

Absolute rubbish from Djokovic for large patches of the match. He was lucky Gremel got nervous. :hug:

I'm sure he'll improve from here, although - with his draw - he doesn't really have to :lol:

Petrovic
05-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Him and his fucking ball bouncing... I swear to God, the umpire merely looking at the supervisor ain't gonna do shit. Nineteen, twenty or so bounces on break points is pathetic... even with the stupid ass commentator covering up and saying he's been bouncing it less. What's with people consistently defending Novak and his bullshit?:rolleyes:

Anyway, the third set was disappointing with how Dennis simply threw away the fightback. From there the end result was obvious. Really great first set though, props for some awesome shots. :cool:
All that is 25 seconds ! Joker is NOT breaking the rules !:wavey:
Stop that BS it is boring ! :o

groundstroke
05-25-2008, 01:56 PM
That overhead point where Djokovic smashed the ball twice and Gremelamyr won the point left me stunned.
Everyone knew Djokovic was going to win, it was good that he was given a tough time so he gets more preparation.

Herdwick
05-25-2008, 02:01 PM

Bouncing complaints are old hat and the number has dropped dramatically - go and find something else to moan about. Am sure you'll find plenty...

KitinovRules
05-25-2008, 02:04 PM
It wasn't that easy for the Faker.
Denis got 3 BP in the second set, and had a good chance for 4:2 lead in that set. It was real pitty he didn't took them. We could have witneesed group suicide here on MTF. It would have certanly become lovely little day for them .

I think that the German lost the match after he lost those BP in the second set.
Also his 1 serve % was hilarious. 46%

arm
05-25-2008, 02:05 PM
It wasn't that easy for the Faker.
Denis got 3 BP in the second set, and had a good chance for 4:2 lead in that set. It was real pitty he didn't took them. We could have witneesed group suicide here on MTF. It would have certanly lovely little day for them .

I think that the German lost the match after he lost those BP in the second set.
Also his 1 serve % was hilarious. 46%

Oh no, don't worry about us. :hug:

We, Djokovic's fans, know how to support each others when Nole loses. We would have been just fine. :)

Lee
05-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Oh no, don't worry about us. :hug:

We, Djokovic's fans, know how to support each others when Nole loses. We would have been just fine. :)

:hug: You definitely have my support :rocker2:

Branimir
05-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Nole, use break tomorrow to practice some overheads. :D

arm
05-25-2008, 02:14 PM
:hug: You definitely have my support :rocker2:

I know. :hug:

And you know you have mine. :)

wilmar
05-25-2008, 02:16 PM
:cool:

ssshhhh..not too loud...the father and uncle might hear you...the commentators and umpire are all so afraid now...so very afraid....

Montego
05-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Damn it, I was hoping for a great start of this tournament after the first set. :(

aeronatasha
05-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Some incredible misses from Novak. :tape::smash:
What was with that choking in 3rd set?
I expected a shaky start, but not that shaky.
Still, he tends to get a lot better in later rounds, so I'm not too worried.

Gremelmayr had some excellent shots :hatoff:, and there were some exciting rallies going on for a while.

That's gotta be the worst, most boring commentator ever (think it's that guy from SportKlub). Bring back Viskovic.:help:

Chip_Charge
05-25-2008, 02:25 PM
With a better serve Gremelmayr could make it to the Top 40. However, taking off a set from Federer a couple of weeks ago and now Djokovic isn't that bad either.

jonny84
05-25-2008, 02:34 PM
A bit of a wobble for Novak, but he pulled it off and prevented an upset.

Manon
05-25-2008, 02:34 PM
An absolute shite match, on both sides, the 1st set was an abomination. I don't remember Nole's overheads ever sucking so badly. Served out 3rd set on his 3rd try. :help: Still good enough to get to the next rd.

Agree wit you. As Novak's fan I lost half of my nerves. But, it was good enough to win. German was so good in 1st, if he can maintain his level of play he will be among 30, very soon. Gremmelmayer has such a good flat passing shot and forehand.

Novak could put himself together. Luckilly, next match is on Wednesday (Eurosport commentators persumes) & he'll play against Q Miguel Angel Lopez Jaen.

Laba
05-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah, the fact that mentioning his ball bouncing is "old hat" doesn't change the understanding that it's still bullshit. And yeah, the number has decreased dramatically... that just goes to show how heavily he relied on crap like that last year with over thirty bounces per serve at times. He may have "improved" but is still pretty piss poor, eh?

And as far as Mr within the twenty five seconds goes... learn to count first, aye? :)

Gremelmayr really let himself down at 5-5 in the third, and Djokovic took full advantage despite his lacking performance today. I expect him to cruise right through to the semi's after this early "test".

DeccyB123
05-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Its a bit of a shame Gremelmayr drew Djoko first up. Hes been in some decent form on the clay and coulda had a few wins here given an easier draw...

nobama
05-25-2008, 02:37 PM

Absolute rubbish from Djokovic for large patches of the match. He was lucky Gremel got nervous. :hug:

I'm sure he'll improve from here, although - with his draw - he doesn't really have to :lol:
He'll improve in time for the parental cheering squad to show up. :)

foul_dwimmerlaik
05-25-2008, 02:45 PM
And as far as Mr within the twenty five seconds goes... learn to count first, aye? :)

This argument is really quite old. Did you count the ball bounces against any clock, personally? How many seconds Novak takes between serves? If under 25, he's free to bounce the ball a hundred times, and you just have to quit your bitching and deal.

FedererBulgaria
05-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Ohhh , Gremelmayr !:oGreat first set!:worship:

Manon
05-25-2008, 02:47 PM

Don't 'call' them please.

MatchFederer
05-25-2008, 02:49 PM

Your signature... was it not Djokovic who said that Nadal plays every point like it's matchpoint?

wilmar
05-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Don't 'call' them please.

unfortunately, they won't wait for an 'invitation':p

Manon
05-25-2008, 02:56 PM
unfortunately, they won't wait for an 'invitation':p

Yes:( But, I wanna see his mama :hearts: Pure sweetheart:angel:

nobama
05-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Your signature... was it not Djokovic who said that Nadal plays every point like it's matchpoint?Oops....you are correct. :o <changing signature>

TheSwissMaster
05-25-2008, 03:07 PM
damn the score suggest it wasnt an easy ride for nadals successor. comeon nole what are u doing.

u r my only hope of eliminating the moonballer in order for roger to have any chance to become the GOAT. comeon pickit up and dont be tired before that encounter.

Aloimeh
05-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Oops....you are correct. :o <changing signature>

:haha: You hate Novak so much that you'll take down a quote of his that you apparently agreed with just because he said it!

Aloimeh
05-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Djokovic is woefully unprepared for RG and he was probably expecting Gremelmayr to be easy work and was underestimating him and getting pissed off that he wasn't folding. :smash:

First he was at Eurovision, then he was galavanting about celebrating his birthday, and on Saturday night he was at Zimonjic's wedding. Meanwhile, Rafa and Fed have been steadily preparing over the past few days. Novak better get some good practice in on Monday and Tuesday.

Herdwick
05-25-2008, 03:11 PM
damn the score suggest it wasnt an easy ride for nadals successor. comeon nole what are u doing.

u r my only hope of eliminating the moonballer in order for roger to have any chance to become the GOAT. comeon pickit up and dont be tired before that encounter.

True - Nole will be luxuriating in the love from all the Fedfans over the next 10 days or so...:rolleyes:

Alex999
05-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Gremelmayr is very good on clay. This is the guy who almost defeated Roger in Estoril. He also beat Almagro in Barcelona, so I didn't expect an easy match. Well done Novak.

Herdwick
05-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Djokovic is woefully unprepared for RG and he was probably expecting Gremelmayr to be easy work and was underestimating him and getting pissed off that he wasn't folding. :smash:

First he was at Eurovision, then he was galavanting about celebrating his birthday, and on Saturday night he was at Zimonjic's wedding. Meanwhile, Rafa and Fed have been steadily preparing over the past few days. Novak better get some good practice in on Monday and Tuesday.

You mean he was out last night at this wedding??? No....surely not...

RonE
05-25-2008, 03:25 PM
A win is a win.

Good for McNoleo to make it through and live to fight another day. :yeah:

Aloimeh
05-25-2008, 03:29 PM
You mean he was out last night at this wedding??? No....surely not...

That's what I heard.

Allez
05-25-2008, 03:30 PM
enjoyed the match. Ridiculous 1st set from the Djoker, but Grems played amazingly well. Big heart and sweet backhand. In spite of a patchy performance, the jester remains the 2nd favourite for the title.

zeleni
05-25-2008, 03:31 PM
hehe

Well done, Fakervic. Ugly match, but win is what counts. Proud of you Nole.

Six more wins to go. Next, please. :)

Lee
05-25-2008, 03:32 PM
I knew Nenad was getting married last week but a day before the opening of French Open? :tape:

Grunge
05-25-2008, 03:33 PM
ssshhhh..not too loud...the father and uncle might hear you...the commentators and umpire are all so afraid now...so very afraid....

You repeated that "joke" twice in this single thread, and no one is laughing. Time to think something funny actually? :p

Ranger
Expected win in four sets. I thought this could be an five-set match, too, but that would be to much...

wilmar
Yes:( But, I wanna see his mama :hearts: Pure sweetheart:angel:

then we'll all join hands and start our chorus sing-a-long....

"she'll be coming round the mountains when she comes.....yippee-aye-aye....yippee...yippee..aye....;)

wilmar
05-25-2008, 03:36 PM

consistent with his exuberent arrogance or confidence or call-it-what-you-want...

wilmar
05-25-2008, 03:38 PM
You repeated that "joke" twice in this single thread, and no one is laughing. Time to think something funny actually? :p

well, i guess i'm just not as natural as some tennis "star" in that department...i wasn't as blessed to have such nuturing parents for those funny genes...

Dear Grunge, would I be able to engage at least a smile from you by imitating Nadal or Sharapova...or paint my face white and dance like MJ instead?

Aloimeh
05-25-2008, 03:41 PM
well, i guess i'm just not as natural as some tennis "star" in that department...maybe I should start imitating Nadal or Sharapova instead...or paint my face white and dance like MJ...

Could you actually, like, talk about tennis once in a while? Or is your sole contribution to MTF going to be constant harping on why you hate Novak Djokovic and his family?

Herdwick
05-25-2008, 03:42 PM
That's what I heard.

Source please?

Herdwick
05-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Wilmar - do try multi-quoting. We all appreciate your unique analysis but are becoming concerned about your MTF footprint...

Aloimeh
05-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Source please?

It's in Serbian:

http://www.kurir-info.rs/clanak/kurir-25-05-2008/svadba-svadba

nedelja 25. maj 2008.

http://www.kurir-info.rs:8080//files/image_for_teaser/Thumb_DSC06373.JPG

SVADBA, SVADBA!
Nenad Zimonjić, srpski teniser, juče u crkvi Ružici na Kalemegdanu brakom krunisao vezu s Minom Knežević

Teniser Nenad Zimonjić oženio se juče u Beogradu svojom dugogodišnjom devojkom, bivšom manekenkom Minom Knežević. Ceremonija venčanja obavljena je u crkvi Ružici, a građanski brak sklopljen u restoranu „Kalemegdanska terasa“, u kome su novopečeni mladenci u uskom krugu rodbine i prijatelja proslavili svečani događaj.

Sunday May 25, 2008

WEDDINg, WEDDING!
Nenad Zimonjic, Serbian tennis player, yesterday in the Ruzica church on Kalemegdan tied the knot with Mina Knezevic.

Tennis player Nenad Zimonjic was married yesterday in Belgrade to his longtime girlfriend, former model Mina Knezevic. The wedding ceremony was held in the Ruzica church, and the civil ceremony was conducted in the Restaurant "Kalemegdan Terrace," in which the newlyweds, with a small group of family and friends, celebrated the joyous occasion.

wilmar
05-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Could you actually, like, talk about tennis once in a while? Or is your sole contribution to MTF going to be constant harping on why you hate Novak Djokovic and his family?
Excuse me, please refer to my other posts in this forum before you make such a sweeping and irresponsible statement...
firstly, i may not be a novak & family fan (more of his family actually), I do talk tennis. check out the other threads.
secondly, my statement which you quoted is in RESPONSE to Grunge.
AND AT LEAST I DO NOT VERBALLY ATTACK MY FELLOW POSTERS HERE.

wilmar
05-25-2008, 03:55 PM
Wilmar - do try multi-quoting. We all appreciate your unique analysis but are becoming concerned about your MTF footprint...

ok, sorry if i create any logistic issues here. I will try multi-quoting.

Manon
05-25-2008, 03:59 PM

Do not disturb. I am Novak's fan (not his parrents of course) but I can tell you are quitte funny/interesting/whatever guy/girl.

Manon
05-25-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm aware of that problem too but been having trouble doing that. How do I go about with that? Any quick 101? :)

I have this problem too.

Herdwick
05-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Thanks Aloimeh - I understand no Serbian but it doesn't actually say Nole was there does it? I thought he'd been in Paris since last Wednesday?

star
05-25-2008, 04:01 PM
It's in Serbian:

http://www.kurir-info.rs/clanak/kurir-25-05-2008/svadba-svadba

Sunday May 25, 2008

WEDDINg, WEDDING!
Nenad Zimonjic, Serbian tennis player, yesterday in the Ruzica church on Kalemegdan tied the knot with Mina Knezevic.

Tennis player Nenad Zimonjic was married yesterday in Belgrade to his longtime girlfriend, former model Mina Knezevic. The wedding ceremony was held in the Ruzica church, and the civil ceremony was conducted in the Restaurant "Kalemegdan Terrace," in which the newlyweds, with a small group of family and friends, celebrated the joyous occasion.

Nice! Thanks. It's really hard to believe though that Novak was attending a wedding in Belgrade yesterday, but I guess I have to remember again that it's a different world for people who can charter private airplanes with no problem.

Anyway, he came through against a pesky opponent. Djokovic has entered another world in tennis now. Players will be coming at him with their A games from the beginning. He's not just another guy coming up through the ranks anymore.

Alex999
05-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Excuse me, please refer to my other posts in this forum before you make such a sweeping and irresponsible statement...
firstly, i may not be a novak & family fan (more of his family actually), I do talk tennis. check out the other threads.
secondly, my statement which you quoted is in RESPONSE to Grunge.
you are trolling here (in this thread). It's not funny. If you have nothing to say about the match you should stop and find something else to entertain yourself.

Aloimeh
05-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Thanks Aloimeh - I understand no Serbian but it doesn't actually say Nole was there does it? I thought he'd been in Paris since last Wednesday?

Yeah, he is not mentioned in the article as an attendee (they mention Vlado Georgijev, Đule Van Gog, Igor Milanović, Svetlana and Predrag Danilović, Biljana Obradović..., so I'm guessing they would have mentioned him as well). I guess the second part was just rumor.

Branimir
05-25-2008, 04:07 PM
Kurir is biggest bullshit after press. Actually maybe bigger than press. I don't believe anything written in press and kurir. I am not saying that he didn't attend the wedding, I just refuse to believe it because it is written in kurir, cause it might be just opposite of what's written there. lol

wilmar
05-25-2008, 04:08 PM
ok, sorry if i create any logistic issues here. I will try multi-quoting.

Do not disturb. I am Novak's fan (not his parrents of course) but I can tell you are quitte funny/interesting/whatever guy/girl.

phew! thanks for your vote of confidence :D
and if i may say so, you have quite a wicked sense of humour yourself too...

btw, isn't the point of a forum to agree to disagree (at times)?

l_mac
05-25-2008, 04:09 PM
I have this problem too.

Use the multiquote button instead of quote. Or if you are using the blue MTF click the little + with the " button in the bottom right of the post you want to include. This will pick up all the quotes you want, then hit reply and all the quotes should be there.

camnation
05-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Denis was good, but Nole just did enough to defeat him. :yeah:

Manon
05-25-2008, 04:11 PM
btw, isn't the point of a forum to agree to disagree (at times)?

No:)

Tommy fan
05-25-2008, 04:12 PM
:( :(
Still we played Gregelmayer

TheSwissMaster
05-25-2008, 04:16 PM
I have this problem too.

Nice! Thanks. It's really hard to believe though that Novak was attending a wedding in Belgrade yesterday, but I guess I have to remember

oh i see, so thats how it works

wilmar
05-25-2008, 04:17 PM

do I really really really have to agree with you on that?:p

Use the multiquote button instead of quote. Or if you are using the blue MTF click the little + with the " button in the bottom right of the post you want to include. This will pick up all the quotes you want, then hit reply and all the quotes should be there.

thanks 1_mac! finally figured out this multi-quote thingy...DUH! that was my ditzy moment...

star
05-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah, he is not mentioned in the article as an attendee (they mention Vlado Georgijev, Đule Van Gog, Igor Milanović, Svetlana and Predrag Danilović, Biljana Obradović..., so I'm guessing they would have mentioned him as well). I guess the second part was just rumor.

I think with the Serbian press, Djokovic would have been the first one mentioned. :) :)

Manon
05-25-2008, 04:22 PM
do I really really really have to agree with you on that?:p

Savo
05-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Nole looked like he rolled on the Chatrier straight out of bed. He did well to recover and win the match. The hours are a bitch...

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Vamos Nole!

Good work and roll on to the semi final match up.

Corey Feldman
05-25-2008, 05:28 PM
If Gremelmayr had a brain he'd be dangerous

Manon
05-25-2008, 05:33 PM
If Gremelmayr had a brain he'd be dangerous

He's back:wavey:

alfonsojose
05-25-2008, 05:39 PM
:eek: firt set scare. I think that's good. An early test :)

Herdwick
05-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Escude! Cheri! My weekend is now complete! When did they let you back out?:wavey:

Corey Feldman
05-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Haha

PC problems Herdwick ;)

one comfort of Nole wins is knowing how happy it makes the likes of you, Manon, Bascule :hug: and pisses of the likes of l_mac :worship:

Stasha
05-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Mina Knežević i Nenad Zimonjić juče rekli „da“
Autor: K. J. | 25.05.2008 - 00:02
Mina Knežević i Nenad Zimonjić juče rekli „da“

Nenad Zimonjić, naš proslavljeni teniser i jedan od najboljih svetskih dubl trenisera oženio se juče dugogodišnjom devojkom Minom Knežević, bivšom manekenkom i vlasnicom modne agencije „Tatu“. U intimnoj atmosferi pred najbližim prijateljima i rođacima ovaj par je rekao sudbonosno „da“. Za kumove, mladenci su odabrali dugogodišnje prijatelje, Nenad Vuka Mrvića, a Mina drugaricu iz detinjstva Danijelu Tinsku.

Nenad i Mina verili su se u Njujorku, venčali u Beogradu,a na medeni mesec će morati malo da sačekaju jer već danas putuju u Pariz, gde će Zimonjić u paru sa Danijelom Nestorom pokušati da osvoji Rolan Garos.
Svadbi su prisustvovali naši najbolji teniseri Novak Đoković i janko Tipsarević kao i pojedine ličnosti iz javnog života prestonice.
Zimonjić je u utorak uveče naparavio momačko veče u restpranu Madera gde je sa ostalim kolegama iz srpske Dejvis kup reprezentacije proslavio poslednje dane momačkog života.
Zimonjić će 4. juna napuniti 32 godine. U karijeri je osvojio 17 titula u dublu, tri Gren Slema u miksu i zaradio skoro dva i po miliona dolara.

source:
http://www.blic.co.yu/zabava.php?id=42946

morningglory
05-25-2008, 06:39 PM
NOt convinced

Lea_Linds
05-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Well done Novak :)

cardio
05-25-2008, 07:09 PM
here are Djoko`s hilarious smashes
http://www.sharebig.com/share.php?id=s12ijsqvuvk0AA9Gr

Manon
05-25-2008, 07:37 PM
here are Djoko`s hilarious smashes

Thank you for all avi's.

xargon
05-25-2008, 07:43 PM
gremlmayr will go far in my opinion. Maybe next year.

Alex999
05-25-2008, 07:47 PM
gremlmayr will go far in my opinion. Maybe next year.

I like him too. He is good on clay but he is not getting any younger (27 yo in August). Denis was unlucky to draw Djokovic in the fist round.

Outfielder
05-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Solid performance and good result from Denis.

Djokovic`s overhead smatches were (are) terrible. He missed few easy in Hamburg semi too.

Indiana-4
05-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Bravo Nole:worship:

The_Beast
05-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Not a spectacle from Nole,but most important thing is the win.
Denis made today one of his best matches in his career,but he missed some chances.

tangerine_dream
05-25-2008, 08:15 PM
Cliff Drysdale: "Bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce, all that bouncing drives you crazy, there should be a time limit. There is a time limit.....four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, all that bouncing didn't help him that time did it?"

tennisfan444
05-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Scared me a bit but in the end he won so thats all that matters. On to the next round :)

cardio
05-25-2008, 09:25 PM
here is another little video, crazy 28 stroke rally in third set

sheeter
05-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Did anyone else feel that they both mirror each other on the baseline, especially on the backhand side? The forehand's different, but I felt they both had similar instincts at the baseline.

trixtah
05-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Cliff Drysdale: "Bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce, all that bouncing drives you crazy, there should be a time limit. There is a time limit.....four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, all that bouncing didn't help him that time did it?"

:haha::haha:

Lee
05-26-2008, 12:29 AM

:confused: Did I miss anything? The commentators were Ted Robinson and JMac. Where's Drysdale?

kalisita
05-26-2008, 12:56 AM
:confused: Did I miss anything? The commentators were Ted Robinson and JMac. Where's Drysdale?

Drysdale and Cahill were commentating on ESPN2. They re-showed parts of the match in the afternoon.

Lee
05-26-2008, 01:06 AM
Thanks! I did miss something. ;)

l_mac
05-26-2008, 01:15 AM
Thanks! I did miss something. ;)

It's a shame you're not in the UK, Lee. Greg Rusedski is (and I quote) "Love, love, loving Djokovic this year" He is part of an unbearable (for me) British Eurosport "in studio" team.

They all had bitter tears of disappointment in their eyes after last year's final. They all have their hopes pinned on Novak for this year.

El Legenda
05-26-2008, 01:18 AM
so i guess this d-bag wants to be called Djakovic now?

Lee
05-26-2008, 01:19 AM
It's a shame you're not in the UK, Lee. Greg Rusedski is (and I quote) "Love, love, loving Djokovic this year" He is part of an unbearable (for me) British Eurosport "in studio" team.

They all had bitter tears of disappointment in their eyes after last year's final. They all have their hopes pinned on Novak for this year.

Thanks :lol: There are tons of love for Nole by John Mac here but he also said nobody would beat Nadal this year :hug:

Farenhajt
05-26-2008, 01:26 AM

Who's the woman in the Brit EuSp team?

l_mac
05-26-2008, 01:29 AM
Who's the woman in the Brit EuSp team?

In the studio?

Annabel Croft. And Novotna was on today too.

tangerine_dream
05-26-2008, 02:02 AM
Day 1 - An interview with Novak Djokovic - Sunday, May 25, 2008 (http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2008-05-25/200805251211740321093.html)

Q. Would you rather play well and win 4 and 4, or play poorly and win 2 and 2?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Next question, please.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing024.gif I wish I could good rep Novak for this.

GlennMirnyi
05-26-2008, 02:16 AM

I found it very funny, clown.

:D

*Viva Chile*
05-26-2008, 02:16 AM
shame that Gremelmayr is another german mental midget :( good shots, great technique, but poor to concrete. :o

Knightmace
05-26-2008, 03:46 AM
Nice try by Grem, good win for Nole.

cardio
05-28-2008, 06:00 AM
here is rally of the match, 28 strokes and Djokovic finally made the smash
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NBdDGta8xiY