Djokovic on Andy Murray and Roger Federer [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Djokovic on Andy Murray and Roger Federer

tennizen
05-24-2008, 10:19 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1021675/Djokovic-warns-friend-Andy-Murray-Youve-got-stronger.html

On Murray:

"I still believe Andy has great potential and talent, but maybe he needs to improve his confidence.

"Last year, he got injured in Hamburg and missed Wimbledon on his favourite surface. He came back to win Doha early this year, but then he struggled a little. I think it's just a matter of time for Andy, but he needs to improve his physical and mental strength."

But Djokovic is convinced Murray can join him in the top five. "There's still a lot of time on Andy's side to come and join me," he said. "But he needs to start winning again."

On Federer:

"This time last year I would have said Federer would beat Sampras's record. Now I'm not so sure," said Djokovic. "His aura has gone. He's not as dominant as he was, and since I beat him in Australia he's looked frustrated. Players are beginning to challenge him now, especially myself and Rafa. He's got 12 Grand Slams to his name and maybe he will beat Sampras, but now I'm here it will be tough for him."

General Suburbia
05-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Yes. Now that Djokovic is here, it will be tough for Federer.

You can't say he's lacking in confidence.

Black Adam
05-24-2008, 10:27 PM
I love it when players don't bend over and have fire in their hearts. This Djokovic guy is good, he talks the talk and walks the walk :yeah: Roger finished last year on a high buts ince he got pimp slapped by Novak in Melbourne all those ballerina tricks no longer fool people.

Joao
05-24-2008, 10:28 PM
So what Djokovic is saying is that the man who won 12 GS in the last 5 years can't win another 3 in the next 5 just because he (Djokovic) is around? Wow ... talk about EGO.

Black Adam
05-24-2008, 10:29 PM
No, talk about a great self confidence.

tennis2tennis
05-24-2008, 10:32 PM
If those words were uttered 12 GRAND SLAMS by Roger it'd be called a big ego, if its said by 1 slam novak HE'S CONFIDENT...GO FIGURE!

Fed Express
Djokovic.... What an idiot :haha:

FedFan
Has a player ever been that overconfident and arrogant after just one slam? :confused: Can't remember.

tennis2tennis
05-24-2008, 10:33 PM

NO TALK ABOUT HOT AIR!

~*BGT*~
05-24-2008, 10:33 PM

You can sound confident without coming off as a complete douche. :o In this case, the Djoke can learn from Andy. He can build himself up without putting other players down. A true champion. :worship:

Black Adam
05-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Don't worry folks, Novak is no one slam wonder. With all that self belief, there is no way he is going to end up with only one slam.

Aloimeh
05-24-2008, 10:35 PM
I like Djokovic but he should watch his mouth. Not that he's wrong - I think Federer's chances of beating Sampras' record at this point are rather slim - Rafa owns him on clay, Djokovic is at or above his level on hardcourt, and both will be gunning to take him down at Wimby. And he's nearly 27 now, which is old in tennis terms. However, what's obvious to observers needn't be articulated by an up-and-coming opponent, especially when he's referencing himself as the primary reason why Roger may not beat Sampras' record (he is certainly a factor, but equally big factors are Federer's age and mental state re: tennis).

Alex999
05-24-2008, 10:35 PM
This is a joke, another tabloid on line magazine. Check out their other stories, pure trash. I wish Novak was a bad ass as some people here try to portray him :lol:.

FedFan
05-24-2008, 10:38 PM
This is a joke, another tabloid on line magazine. Check out their other stories, pure trash. I wish Novak was a bad ass as some people here try to portray him :lol:.

It is not a joke, but he is a joke, yes. :silly:

tennizen
05-24-2008, 10:38 PM

Is this true? Can they really publish that stuff quoting Djokovic without him saying anything like that:eek:

tennis2tennis
05-24-2008, 10:39 PM
If true this statement reminds me of the time Martina Hingis said Steffi Graf was over the hill only for Graf to kick Martina's behind in the French Open...lesson learned never shoot your mouth off against someone whose yet to retire and whose record's you'll NEVER break!

I swear Nole is too young to be inflected with alzheimer's! that or he's got a selective memory of who beat who last ..DOH

Aloimeh
05-24-2008, 10:40 PM
Is this true? Can they really publish that stuff quoting Djokovic without him saying anything like that:eek:

The Serbian papers do it all the time. Controversy is business.

Black Adam
05-24-2008, 10:41 PM
You can sound confident without coming off as a complete douche. :o In this case, the Djoke can learn from Andy. He can build himself up without putting other players down. A true champion. :worship:
Actually Andy did do the cocky talk back in 2004 and got bagelled by Roger right after that. He said something along the lines: If I serve at my very best, nobody can beat me. Cocky talk didn't work out great for Andy and I like it the way it is now, because when he talks big the press puts too much pressure on him and he end up faltering. I prefer the current situation where not much attention is paid to him and I am sure he will show up silently and grab a couple more slams. Mark my words.

As for Novak, the cocky talk seems to work greatly for him and it's a welcome change because Fed was constatntly getting showered in praise by his opponents. The moment you worship your opponent, you have already lost and the competition is dead. People who talk the talk and manage to walk the walk like Connors, McEnroe are what every sport needs.

Aloimeh
05-24-2008, 10:43 PM
This reminds me of the time Martina Hingis said Steffi Graf was over the hill only for Graf to kick Martina's behind in the French Open...lesson learned never shoot your mouth off against someone who'se record's you'll NEVER break!

I swear Nole is too young to be inflected with alzheimer's! that or he's got a selective memory of who beat who last

Martina was being harrassed by a hostile French crowd and couldn't take the heat. I believe she had match point (correct me if I'm wrong). Djokovic definitely can take the crowd's anger and even feeds on it to a degree (e.g. AO 2008).

tennizen
05-24-2008, 10:43 PM
The Serbian papers do it all the time. Controversy is business.

I know that's true in general. But this level of distortion would be definitely too much:shrug:

tennis2tennis
05-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Martina was being harrassed by a hostile French crowd and couldn't take the heat. I believe she had match point (correct me if I'm wrong). Djokovic definitely can take the crowd's anger and even feeds on it to a degree (e.g. AO 2008).

harrassed or not if you say someone is over the hill only for that person to beat you...what does that say about you? PS ROGER BEAT NOLE IN THEIR LAST ENCOUNTER!!

Alex999
05-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Anybody can publish anything. Seriously check out their other headlines, it's funny.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4272/article0015d11b90000057ns7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9379/article0015d12c60000057rz2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4806/article0015d134f0000057ob1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

nobama
05-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Daily Mail is a British tabloid, but when something is in quotes most likely it's not made up. And it's not like it's anything surprising or out of character for Djoker.

Aloimeh
05-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Actually Andy did do the cocky talk back in 2004 and got bagelled by Roger right after that. He said something along the lines: If I serve at my very best, nobody can beat me. Cocky talk didn't work out great for Andy and I like it the way it is now, because when he talks big the press puts too much pressure on him and he end up faltering. I prefer the current situation where not much attention is paid to him and I am sure he will show up silently and grab a couple more slams. Mark my words.

As for Novak, the cocky talk seems to work greatly for him and it's a welcome change because Fed was constatntly getting showered in praise by his opponents. The moment you worship your opponent, you have already lost and the competition is dead. People who talk the talk and manage to walk the walk like Connors, McEnroe are what every sport needs.

Correct. Frauderer's flashy shots, and the results that followed, practically mesmerized a lot of his opponents from even making his matches close. The rest of the competition who actually thought it could beat him was either injured (Safin), insufficiently skilled (Roddick), or took it to him and was decried by the Federeresians (Rafa). Rafa will go down in history as a liberator - a sort of El Cid de Bivar figure - during the dark days of the Frauderer era. The torch was handed over to Djokovic, who showed that it could be done regularly on hard courts as well.

tennizen
05-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Anybody can publish anything. Seriously check out their other headlines, it's funny.

What I mean is what Mellow Yellow said. They clearly had everything in quotes. So its very surprising.

Chiseller
05-24-2008, 10:52 PM
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4806/article0015d134f0000057ob1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:lol:

~*BGT*~
05-24-2008, 10:53 PM
Correct. Frauderer's flashy shots, and the results that followed, practically mesmerized a lot of his opponents from even making his matches close. The rest of the competition who actually thought it could beat him was either injured (Safin), insufficiently skilled (Roddick), or took it to him and was decried by the Federeresians (Rafa). Rafa will go down in history as a liberator - a sort of El Cid de Bivar figure - during the dark days of the Frauderer era. The torch was handed over to Djokovic, who showed that it could be done regularly on hard courts as well.

Oh, shut up. It's you crazy fans that make me pull against Djokovic and I'm the furthest from being a Fed fan. :rolleyes:

sennoc
05-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Novak, better go to polish your volleys, they aren't as great as your ego...

Alex999
05-24-2008, 10:55 PM
Daily Mail is a British tabloid, but when something is in quotes most likely it's not made up. And it's not like it's anything surprising or out of character for Djoker.
Djokovic is trying too hard to be politically correct. If you google 'Djokovic' you won't find any statements like what was quoted. However, this is another silly Djokovic thread, his "MTF fans, *cough" will have some fun, enjoy ;).

tennis2tennis
If I was coaching Riger and pin that qoute to his locker before a Nole match!

Greenday

Haha....u seem to be really frustrated abt roger pimp slapping andy in wimbledon and us open.....:lol::lol:....get a life........

Black Adam
05-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Haha....u seem to be really frustrated abt roger pimp slapping andy in wimbledon and us open.....:lol::lol:....get a life........So I am hurt by Andy's shortcomings:that makes me a real fan, not some guys who are just after glory. You do know that it's Roger's own glory and none of it is yours even if you fanboy him to the maximum. I stick with my guy through hard and good times, something which can't be said about you guys. :p

PS. you are using the term in a wrong way. Pimp Slapping can only be done by a whore slapping shot, like Nadal's forehand or Rodick serve.

nobama
05-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Djokovic is trying too hard to be politically correct. If you google 'Djokovic' you won't find any statements like what was quoted. However, this is another silly Djokovic thread, his "MTF fans, *cough" will have some fun, enjoy ;).Just because you can't find it on Google doesn't mean it's inaccurate. Just because a news paper is a tabloid doesn't mean everything they print is false. And since these quotes were in "quotes" my guess is they are accurate. I'm sure we'll find out for sure once the media day transcripts are posted on the RG website.

Alex999
05-24-2008, 11:05 PM
If I was coaching Riger and pin that qoute to his locker before a Nole match!

yes, and If I was Nadal I'd pin this quote from the same magazine.

Federer: "I'm the one playing aggressive, I'm the one trying hard. I'm the one taking risks in these matches (with Nadal) so I think I have a positive chance of winning here.

GuiroNl
05-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Just because you can't find it on Google doesn't mean it's inaccurate. Just because a news paper is a tabloid doesn't mean everything they print is false. And since these quotes were in "quotes" my guess is they are accurate. I'm sure we'll find out for sure once the media day transcripts are posted on the RG website.

If you can't find it on Google and for some reason it does exist, the world will explode :devil:

Alex999
05-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Just because you can't find it on Google doesn't mean it's inaccurate. Just because a news paper is a tabloid doesn't mean everything they print is false. And since these quotes were in "quotes" my guess is they are accurate. I'm sure we'll find out for sure once the media day transcripts are posted on the RG website.
My guess is they are NOT. However, we are both guessing, right :)?

Alex999
05-24-2008, 11:15 PM
If you can't find it on Google and for some reason it does exist, the world will explode :devil:

Honestly I don't care, I'd probably laugh but please... Clearly some people here will do anything to discredit him (Djokovic). I'm not going to argue about this, IMHO it's too silly.

GuiroNl
05-24-2008, 11:17 PM
Honestly I don't care, I'd probably laugh but please... Clearly some people here will do anything to discredit him (Djokovic). I'm not going to argue about this, IMHO it's too silly.

I was just making a random joke, nothing personal :).

Personally, I couldn't care less if he said it or not. I've got other things to worry about.

Zaba
05-24-2008, 11:21 PM

The Mail is a tabloid, technically, but not a completely trashy one like The Sun or the Daily Star. Very unlikely that they would make a quote up out of thin air. And why would they need to, since Nole comes out with this sort of thing all the time?

pesto
05-24-2008, 11:25 PM
To be honest, Djokovic and the French Open aren't a big enough deal in the UK for the Mail to arse about making up quotes.

Wait a week or two until Queens, and our papers will go tennis crazy and any little titbit will be hot news, but right now?

Nah.

Or Levy
05-24-2008, 11:27 PM
Am I missing something here, or didn't I just watch Roger beating the Djerk a couple of weeks ago? Oh, that doesn't count because Djoko had sore throat, right? He retired. but Roger MONO does count.

Gotta love Nole's logic.

Okonsky
05-24-2008, 11:32 PM
He can build himself up without putting other players down.

Of course. Even if he doesn't convinced that Federer wouldn't beat Sampras's record he would say such things like in interview. He is not so self confident as Black Adam said but he build himself with those statements.

Okonsky
05-24-2008, 11:37 PM

If it is Daily Mail released that interview there's nothing about Serbian press. I don't find any surprising here too. That's Novak.

l_mac
05-24-2008, 11:50 PM

Like someone upthread said, The Daily Mail isn't a tabloid in the mould of The Sun or The Star. It's mainly a Tory propaganda rag.

I'll be surprised if Djokovic actually said what is reported. If he did - :retard:

Clay Death
05-24-2008, 11:55 PM

well he (Djokovic) has the game. now he, as a slam winner, he has the confidence and the swagger. you need that if you want to take down one of the greatest in history.

there are enough clowns around who run for the exits when they see him (Fed) across the net.

morningglory
05-24-2008, 11:58 PM
:spit:

Loco Djoko is nuts! I like it! :lol:
Lets see if he can stop Fed from beating Pete...

Pigsarestupid
05-25-2008, 12:10 AM
Djoko will swallow his words in straight sets in Wimbledon this year!

prima donna
05-25-2008, 12:14 AM
This boy has problems.

Bibberz
05-25-2008, 12:15 AM
At least Andy admits he has an "image problem." Seriously, I like Nole (most of the time), but he's either faux-humble or in-your-face brash. I'd like him more if he acted like a brat all the time or just chose his words with more care.

Clay Death
05-25-2008, 12:18 AM

Loco Djoko is nuts! I like it! :lol:
Lets see if he can stop Fed from beating Pete...

we have lacked a strong personality in tennis. he is giving the tennis world one.

i think he is great for tennis.

adee-gee
05-25-2008, 12:20 AM
Wise words Nole :cool:

MIMIC
05-25-2008, 12:24 AM
So what Djokovic is saying is that the man who won 12 GS in the last 5 years can't win another 3 in the next 5 just because he (Djokovic) is around? Wow ... talk about EGO.

At the Australian Open, nobody had beaten Federer that bad in a Grand Slam since 2004. Try and keep up.

Pigsarestupid
05-25-2008, 12:27 AM
At the Australian Open, nobody had beaten Federer that bad in a Grand Slam since 2004. Try and keep up.

Mardy Fish beat him harder than anyone since the start of his domination.

Emmaloo
05-25-2008, 12:43 AM
Nice, I like some rivalry.

His main focus should be Rafa not Roger. It's easy to talk smack about people you don't have to play anytime soon.

Alex999
05-25-2008, 12:48 AM
Like someone upthread said. The Daily Mail isn't a taloid in the mould of The Sun or The Star. It's mainly a Tory propoganda rag.

I'll be surprised if Djokovic actually said what is reported. If he did - :retard:

Yes I agree, the only problem is that literally nobody is bothering to check out the source.

l_mac
05-25-2008, 12:52 AM
Yes I agree, the only problem is that literally nobody is bothering to check out the source.

What is the source? Did he give an interview to The Mail?

Clay Death
05-25-2008, 12:54 AM
Nice, I like some rivalry.

His main focus should be Rafa not Roger. It's easy to talk smack about people you don't have to play anytime soon.

why not. it is Fed`s head he is after. he has made it clear that he wants to be #1. by the end of the year.

Emmaloo
05-25-2008, 01:03 AM
He has to get through Rafa to get to number one.

soraya
05-25-2008, 01:11 AM
Attention seeker Djoko, what is new? He always looks and sounds like someone who desperately seeks acceptance in the group.http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/3some.gif I hope he grows up and out from this immature behavior, http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/clown.giffor his own good.

Clay Death
05-25-2008, 01:12 AM
He has to get through Rafa to get to number one.

no he doesnt. 50% of the slams and over 80% of the tournaments are on hard courts. guess which surface Djokovic excels on?

he can play on any surface but he can dominate on hard courts.

Farenhajt
05-25-2008, 01:15 AM
I like Djokovic but he should watch his mouth. Not that he's wrong - I think Federer's chances of beating Sampras' record at this point are rather slim - Rafa owns him on clay, Djokovic is at or above his level on hardcourt, and both will be gunning to take him down at Wimby. And he's nearly 27 now, which is old in tennis terms. However, what's obvious to observers needn't be articulated by an up-and-coming opponent, especially when he's referencing himself as the primary reason why Roger may not beat Sampras' record (he is certainly a factor, but equally big factors are Federer's age and mental state re: tennis).

You're too focused on Novak personally. Actually, the greater part of his role is in showing to the field that it CAN be done, and what's more important, you need NOT be a God-given talent (or a genetically enhanced experiment or an alien) to do it.

Everyday weapons, used smartly and efficiently, will get the job done. And "everyday weapons, used smartly and efficiently" is something the rest of the field can easily relate to.

So, with the game he's showing and with all the confidence he's exuding, Djokovic is the most dangerous as the force that makes the field less frightened slash more aggressive, and therefore more willing to put some serious work into becoming ever more able to defeat Federer.

And it's the field that will make Fed's life a misery, not Nole exclusively.

Vida
05-25-2008, 01:20 AM
lookng at the bigger picture, this is simply fantastic... I mean finally someone who goes on the line and says what he believes... here, listen to this. Michael Stich on Djoko confidence (sorry if its been posted before). Really sheds some light onto all this confidence/arrogance Djoko (trash) talk.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/7410521.stm

Weather I'm a fan of this particular 'brashness' or not, I can't escape the impression that this is unfreakingbelievably excellent for the sport... To finally have someone who doesn't go all 'nice shot Rog' and claps all the time. This interview he gave to The Mail (if its actually true) might be somewhat overboard, I agree, but what remains is the impression of someone who believes in himself. And in individual sport as tennis is, confidence is the mother of all mothers.

Of course, if he fails ....

Clay Death
05-25-2008, 01:20 AM
You're too focused on Novak personally. Actually, the greater part of his role is in showing to the field that it CAN be done, and what's more important, you need NOT be a God-given talent (or a genetically enhanced experiment or an alien) to do it.

Everyday weapons, used smartly and efficiently, will get the job done. And "everyday weapons, used smartly and efficiently" is something the rest of the field can easily relate to.

So, with the game he's showing and with all the confidence he's exuding, Djokovic is the most dangerous as the force that makes the field less frightened slash more aggressive, and therefore more willing to put some serious work to that end.

And it's the field that will make Fed's life a misery, not Nole exclusively.

while there is some truth to that, it is Djokovic who alone has the game to dismantle Fed. the field has had enough time already and the field couldnt do a damn thing. Nadal showed the field to show up with balls also but it didnt work. only Nadal could derail or slow down Fed.

Djokovic matches Fed in every department and overtakes him completely in the backhand department. one weakness is all you need and a player like Djokovic will rip you to pieces. that backhand is the deal breaker for Djokovic.

others in the field CANNOT match Fed in every department.

l_mac
05-25-2008, 01:24 AM
We already had a thread about that interview Vida. :zzz:

There's an article in the Telegraph that flat out says Nole shows more respect to Rafa on clay than he does to Fed on hard courts. Also mentions the incident with Nole's dad and the commentator :tape:

edit to add the article:

French Open: Novak Djokovic's learning curve
By Clive White

Rafael Nadal isn't just modest, he's also objective when it comes to discussing his sport. So when he was asked the other day if he would like to be known as the greatest clay-court player in history, he respectfully pointed out that a certain Bjorn Borg won the French Open twice as many times as he had.

But he may have been wrong about one thing when he said: "Everybody says when Borg goes on court, no one thinks he can lose. So I think in my case it's not the same."

Oh, but it is, Rafa, it is.

A record of 108 wins in 110 clay court games says so. Even his nearest rivals - indeed, his only rivals on clay - Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic, may also, if brutally honest with themselves, beg to differ with the Spaniard on that score.

Actually, in Djokovic's case, that may not be entirely true. Unlike Federer, he hasn't yet been on the wrong end of one too many psychologically damaging defeats from the tennis equivalent of Rocky Marciano. In fact, Djokovic probably came away from his semi-final defeat to Nadal in the recent Hamburg Masters a little more hopeful, but still wondering what exactly it is he had to do when he had him on the run, as he unquestionably did when winning the second set 6-2 to finish the job.

Just like the real-life Italian stallion, Nadal never knows when he's beaten. The Serb eventually came to the conclusion that he was just "unlucky", but luck rarely has anything to do with it in matches involving Nadal, and he might have been better off reflecting on how, with any luck, his rapier forehand shots might not come back quite as frequently off the slick brick dust of Roland Garros than they did off the sluggish Hamburg variety.

Federer would have sympathised with his frustrations, his own resurfacing here on the eve of the Roland Garros slam when he reiterated a long-held view: "I'm the one playing aggressive [against Nadal]. I'm the one trying hard. I'm the one taking the risks in those matches, so I think I have positive chances of winning here." Hillary Clinton has sounded more convincing about her chances of winning.

While another Nadal-Federer final looks on the cards, Djokovic, rather than Federer, could be the one to seriously threaten Nadal's hopes of a fourth successive title - which would at least equal part of the Borg hegemony in Paris - should they keep their scheduled semi-final date. As last week's 21st birthday boy told The Sunday Telegraph: "Every time I play Federer or Nadal, I learn something new."

That seemed to be the case in the US Open final last September, when he had set points against Federer only to end up losing. Four and a half months later, he showed just how well he had learnt his lesson when "feeling so superior - I never felt that way before a tournament" - he beat Federer in straight sets in the semi-finals of the Australian Open before going on to win his first slam. He is certainly more respectful of Nadal on clay courts than he is of Federer on hard courts, and gave a fascinating insight into what makes the Mallorcan so tough to beat. "A lot of players somehow, throughout the match, lose their confidence playing against him because he's just physically stronger than you are on the court and it sort of downgrades you and makes you feel bad. And then you start to think negatively in the way that you can't make a winner, because he gets every ball back.

He's a great competitor. In my opinion he is the best defensive player in the history of this sport. He fights for every point, it doesn't matter if he's 5-1 or 1-5, he plays every single point like it's a match point. And, of course, he's especially difficult to beat at Roland Garros where he feels most comfortable and hasn't lost a match in three years."

Federer might like to know that Britain's Andy Murray, for one, believes the Swiss is a better player on clay than his nemesis, but there is a rider to that bold statement. "I believe that Federer's highest level on clay, when he plays to his potential, is better than Nadal's," the British No1 said. "But Nadal plays like this the whole way through and Federer goes a little bit up and down. I'd still expect Nadal to win this year, but you can't say that Federer can't win it over the course of his career."

Sometimes Federer looks a little psyched out of it against Nadal, particularly when he is trailing, but Djokovic seems less easily rattled by the relentless game of the world No2. Whether or not it's because of the hardships that he, like all these Serbian players, had to endure during the Kosovo crisis, he has a wonderful, philosophical attitude to life on court which Murray would do well to imitate. Even the most horrendous miss can bring a smile to his face.

It's a pity his father, Srdjan, doesn't take a similarly light-hearted view of matters. During Djokovic's match against Nadal in Hamburg, Srdjan was so enraged by what he saw as a lack of patriotism on the part of the Serbian commentator for RTS that he drove - while the match was still going on - to the studios in Belgrade to remonstrate with him. Later, Djokovic's uncle also rang the poor commentator to harangue him.

So Eurosport and Radio Five Live, you've been warned: be nice to Novak.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/05/25/stfren125.xml

Vida
05-25-2008, 01:28 AM
We already had a thread about that interview Vida. :zzz:

There's an article in the Telegraph that flat out says Nole shows more respect to Rafa on clay than he does to Fed on hard courts. Also mentions the incident with Nole's dad and the commentator :tape:

edit to add the article:

Ah, sorry. Thanks.

:cool:

Farenhajt
05-25-2008, 01:44 AM
while there is some truth to that, it is Djokovic who alone has the game to dismantle Fed. the field has had enough time already and the field couldnt do a damn thing. Nadal showed the field to show up with balls also but it didnt work. only Nadal could derail or slow down Fed.

Djokovic matches Fed in every department and overtakes him completely in the backhand department. one weakness is all you need and a player like Djokovic will rip you to pieces. that backhand is the deal breaker for Djokovic.

others in the field CANNOT match Fed in every department.

You won't beat Federer on balls alone (lotsa players got them galore, but alas). You need:

1. A good gameplan;

2. A good coach;

3. A good practice plan;

4. A good fitness coach.

Most of the field apparently lacked some or all of those, so their wins were more of a fluke variety.

However, beating Federer can easily become a regular school subject for junior league quite soon - if Nole's road in the last two years (from a kid who nearly died of asphyxiation in Umag to Fed's par on fastcourts) and Vajda's contribution to it is properly analyzed.

trixtah
05-25-2008, 02:08 AM
oh jeez, this thread just got invaded by clowns

Clay Death
05-25-2008, 02:15 AM
oh jeez, this thread just got invaded by clowns

good to see that you call yourself a clown. lucky is the man who knows his limitations.

Albop
05-25-2008, 02:15 AM

so fed is the ego king for that and djokovic have great self confidence ?

:rolleyes:

nobama
05-25-2008, 02:25 AM
"I believe that Federer's highest level on clay, when he plays to his potential, is better than Nadal's," the British No1 said. "But Nadal plays like this the whole way through and Federer goes a little bit up and down. I'd still expect Nadal to win this year, but you can't say that Federer can't win it over the course of his career."I thought Djoker was the real #1 on clay. :confused:

MatchFederer
05-25-2008, 02:27 AM
If Djokovic really did say that, then... awesome! I love the attitude! I hope he really did say that stuff, I wanna hear more of that straight and supremely confident talk.

Okonsky
05-25-2008, 02:28 AM
so fed is the ego king for that and djokovic have great self confidence ?

:rolleyes:

Tsk, tsk...that's your conclusion. Nobody said that. Novak is ego prince:angel:

Knightmace
05-25-2008, 02:34 AM
Djokovic wil be Number 1 sometime in the future but he will get nowhere near Federer's 12+ GS wins.

wilmar
05-25-2008, 02:52 AM
What Djoker needs to learn (if he ever can and will) is the difference between quiet confidence and brash arrogance.
A true champion really tempers his achievements with humilty.
but i doubt that word is in the Novak dictionary....

xargon
05-25-2008, 03:15 AM

and Fed's statement is humility?
"I'm the one playing aggressive [against Nadal]. I'm the one trying hard. I'm the one taking the risks in those matches...."

Pea
05-25-2008, 03:32 AM
Such poor choice of words from Novak. Kinda disappointing.:-/

MatchFederer
05-25-2008, 03:35 AM
Such poor choice of words from Novak. Kinda disappointing.:-/

It is nothing but awesome.

wilmar
05-25-2008, 03:38 AM

and Fed's statement is humility?
"I'm the one playing aggressive [against Nadal]. I'm the one trying hard. I'm the one taking the risks in those matches...."

Notice how I said "A true champion" and not "Federer"?
Humility is a trait I think ANY true champion should have, be it Federer or Djoker or Nadal.

While Federer used to exude a quiet confidence, lately with all his health/age/match-loss issues, he has been less that. That I will give you. As some other fellow posters have pointed out before, he is a graceful winner but can be a defensive loser. All things considered, Djoker still takes the cake. He hasn't achieved as much, yet is both an arrogant winner and really sore loser.

In my humble opinion, Nadal is the one with most humility, evident during both pre-and-post-match conferences and interviews. While I'm not saying Nadal is perfect here, but at least in comparing the three in this aspect, he is the one with "Less Talk More Action".

Clay Death
05-25-2008, 03:47 AM
Notice how I said "A true champion" and not "Federer"?
Humility is a trait I think ANY true champion should have, be it Federer or Djoker or Nadal.

While Federer used to exude a quiet confidence, lately with all his health/age/match-loss issues, he has been less that. That I will give you. As some other fellow posters have pointed out before, he is a graceful winner but can be a defensive loser. All things considered, Djoker still takes the cake. He hasn't achieved as much, yet is both an arrogant winner and really sore loser.

In my humble opinion, Nadal is the one with most humility, evident during both pre-and-post-match conferences and interviews. While I'm not saying Nadal is perfect here, but at least in comparing the three in this aspect, he is the one with "Less Talk More Action".

Fed is just plain crying in my estimation. so stop taking risks Fed. try something different. go ahead and play a game of attrition with Nadal and see if works out. what a cry baby. he just wants somebody like blake, roddick, or davydenko so he can just have his way with them. of course any of the other clowns will do also like washed up Hewtitt, Gonzo, or the Baggy Man.

MatchFederer
05-25-2008, 03:50 AM
Fed is just plain crying in my estimation. so stop taking risks Fed. try something different. go ahead and play a game of attrition with Nadal and see if works out. what a cry baby. he just wants somebody like blake, roddick, or davydenko so he can just have his way with them. of course any of the other clowns will do also like washed up Hewtitt, Gonzo, or the Baggy Man.

Fed to squat the clay monster in straights at RG. :cool:

wilmar
05-25-2008, 03:52 AM

In Federer's case probably it's stubborness which stems from total pride in his own game.

Clay Death
05-25-2008, 03:53 AM
Fed to squat the clay monster in straights at RG. :cool:

you are entitled to your dreams. be careful so you dont construct your dreams of sunbeams. a mere shadow will destroy them.

MatchFederer
05-25-2008, 04:04 AM
Dreams? In my dreams Federer pulled a hamstring against Nadal in the final trying to chase down a dropshot. This is reality, RG shall be Federers!

Clay Death
05-25-2008, 04:10 AM
Dreams? In my dreams Federer pulled a hamstring against Nadal in the final trying to chase down a dropshot. This is reality, RG shall be Federers!

negative. Clay Monster owns all the red clay on the planet. Fed is toast again this year.

memo to Fed: pray for death. its preferable to extreme torture and ridicule in front of millions at the hands the mighty Clay Monster.

MatchFederer
05-25-2008, 04:12 AM
negative. Clay Monster owns all the red clay on the planet. Fed is toast again this year.

memo to Fed: pray for death. its preferable to extreme torture and ridicule in front of millions at the hands the mighty Clay Monster.

Djokovic's mission is to exhaust Nadal for the final and to open up his torrid blisters. I think he will be successful in achieving this.:cool:

Clay Death
05-25-2008, 04:20 AM
Djokovic's mission is to exhaust Nadal for the final and to open up his torrid blisters. I think he will be successful in achieving this.:cool:

so you admit then that Fed is hopeless. he needs Nadal to be injured in order to have a chance.

Nadal can beat Fed at Roland Garros while injured and dragging behind him a very large dead farm animal on a rope. in fact, he just might do that in order to give the Federereeeeeeeesians some hope.

there are some rumors to the effect that he is going to spot Fed 2 sets and 5-0, 40-0 lead with Fed serving.

MatchFederer
05-25-2008, 04:23 AM
so you admit then that Fed is hopeless. he needs Nadal to be injured in order to have a chance.

Nadal can beat Fed at Roland Garros while injured and dragging behind him a very large dead farm animal on a rope. in fact, he just might do that in order to give the Federereeeeeeeesians some hope.

there are some rumors to the effect that he is going to spot Fed 2 sets and 5-0, 40-0 lead with Fed serving.

I believe that Federer always has a chance. However, I think that chance becomes greater than 50% if Djokovic knackers Nadal good and proper in a hopeful semi.:devil:

MatchFederer
05-25-2008, 04:24 AM
Maybe Nalbandian can start the sequence.

With this draw, Federer has a great chance.

it is late. Night.

JediFed
05-25-2008, 04:27 AM
Man, after that book, I can't understand why anyone would want to be a Djerk fan.

I mean really. "My first grand slam" is just begging, begging for the gods of tennis to smite him with plagues of frogs and boils.

wilmar
05-25-2008, 04:35 AM
Man, after that book, I can't understand why anyone would want to be a Djerk fan.

I mean really. "My first grand slam" is just begging, begging for the gods of tennis to smite him with plagues of frogs and boils.

That broken tennis string during the Hamburg semis was a good start :angel:

BTW, I wonder how many copies of that book was sold...

finishingmove
05-25-2008, 04:36 AM

whoever wins in that semifinal has enough rest time to steamroll fedclown in the final.

finishingmove
05-25-2008, 04:39 AM

if noletards were anything like fedtards , then i'd say alot.

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-25-2008, 04:55 AM
This is how a man stands up to a clown like Federer.

Many posters on MTF got used to the pansy era in tennis but real men are returning to the sport.

xargon
05-25-2008, 05:38 AM
"While Federer used to exude a quiet confidence, lately with all his health/age/match-loss issues, he has been less that. That I will give you. As some other fellow posters have pointed out before, he is a graceful winner but can be a defensive loser. All things considered, Djoker still takes the cake"

Comparing a 20 year old cocky dude to a sour 27 year old. I would think an old person would know a little more. The way he put Murray down was shameful. That took the cake. And folks wonder why Novak doesn't respect him?

Federer slams Murray's tactics after Dubai defeat

Roger Federer has criticised Andy Murray's tactics during the Scot's victory over the world No1 in Dubai yesterday, and questioned whether Murray is progressing as a player.

Murray knocked Federer out of the Dubai Championships in yesterday's opening round, but Federer today said he was unimpressed by Murray's lack of attacking intent, and does not believe that the British No1 has developed since they first crossed paths in the final of the 2005 Thailand Open.

"I don't think he has changed his game a whole lot since the first time I played him and I really thought he would have done," said Federer. "He is going to have to grind it very hard in the next few years if he is going to play this way. He stands way behind the court. You have to do a lot of running and he tends to wait for the mistakes of his opponent.

"I gave him the mistakes but overall, in a 15-year career, you want to look to win a point more often, rather than wait for the other guy to miss. Who knows, he might surprise us all."

Yesterday's victory was 20-year-old Murray's second consecutive win over Federer after beating the Swiss in Cincinnati in 2006. Murray won 48 of 53 points on his first serve and Federer, who is six years Murray's senior, failed to push him to break point in any game. Murray faces Spain's Fernando Verdasco in the next round.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/mar/04/tennis

xargon
05-25-2008, 05:41 AM
is just begging, begging for the gods of tennis to smite him with plagues of frogs and boils.

In that case the tennis gods have "smited" Federer judging by that boil on his face.

wilmar
05-25-2008, 06:46 AM
"While Federer used to exude a quiet confidence, lately with all his health/age/match-loss issues, he has been less that. That I will give you. As some other fellow posters have pointed out before, he is a graceful winner but can be a defensive loser. All things considered, Djoker still takes the cake"

Comparing a 20 year old cocky dude to a sour 27 year old. I would think an old person would know a little more. The way he put Murray down was shameful. That took the cake. And folks wonder why Novak doesn't respect him?

Roger Federer has criticised Andy Murray's tactics during the Scot's victory over the world No1 in Dubai yesterday, and questioned whether Murray is progressing as a player.

Murray knocked Federer out of the Dubai Championships in yesterday's opening round, but Federer today said he was unimpressed by Murray's lack of attacking intent, and does not believe that the British No1 has developed since they first crossed paths in the final of the 2005 Thailand Open.

"I don't think he has changed his game a whole lot since the first time I played him and I really thought he would have done," said Federer. "He is going to have to grind it very hard in the next few years if he is going to play this way. He stands way behind the court. You have to do a lot of running and he tends to wait for the mistakes of his opponent.

"I gave him the mistakes but overall, in a 15-year career, you want to look to win a point more often, rather than wait for the other guy to miss. Who knows, he might surprise us all."

Yesterday's victory was 20-year-old Murray's second consecutive win over Federer after beating the Swiss in Cincinnati in 2006. Murray won 48 of 53 points on his first serve and Federer, who is six years Murray's senior, failed to push him to break point in any game. Murray faces Spain's Fernando Verdasco in the next round.

Oh for sure, this incident you brought up is certainly in tune with my point that Federer is "less that" in recent times.
But conversely, at a "sour" 27, Federer has been there and done that, and his "put-down" is a likely subconcious assertion of his flailing confidence.

however, I maintain that the Djester of the (tennis) court still takes the cake.
Saying he is "in control" of the FO semis last year against Nadal (despite retiring after being down) is a reasoning that is soft as sponge.
And saying the Medical Officer at Monte Carlo semis this year got the "wrong diagnosis" when he was told there was nothing wrong with him and he could play on is surely the icing on the cake.

This is so Emperor's New Clothes, and the irony is that he is not even the Prince yet.

GuiroNl
05-25-2008, 07:21 AM
That broken tennis string during the Hamburg semis was a good start :angel:

His dad has demanded from the Serbian government to make it teaching/reading material in the Serbian school system.

wilmar
05-25-2008, 07:31 AM
His dad has demanded from the Serbian government to make it teaching/reading material in the Serbian school system.

...and Daddy and Uncle will emerge as Top Scholars if examinable ;)

GuiroNl
05-25-2008, 07:38 AM
...and Daddy and Uncle will emerge as Top Scholars if examinable ;)

Yes. Professor in the Art of Being a Moron from what I hear

Allez
05-25-2008, 08:22 AM
Djokovic speaketh the truth. I'm a fed fan but I (objectively) called his demise a long time ago and this year has seen the fruition of that prediction. I based the prediction on history. The older you get the slower you get and thus the less time you have to produce those dazzling shots. It happens. I hope fellow fed fans stop clinging to the past and see what's happening to fed for what it is. Novak's echoing my post last year entitled "suddenly Pete Sampras' record seems a lifetime away" and it does. He could have been more diplomatic about it, but Fed's never been diplomatic in his heyday ("His injuries are fake. I don't trust him", "Nadal is one-dimensional" etc) so we shouldn't expect other players to be any different. Arrogance comes with the territory. As long as the Jester has the weapons to back his statements up, you can't fault him.

BTW lol at the Daily Telegraph's comparison of Roger & Hillary. They both claim they are winning in the face of impossible odds.

FanofFed
05-25-2008, 08:35 AM
Djokovic speaketh the truth. I'm a fed fan but I (objectively) called his demise a long time ago and this year has seen the fruition of that prediction. I based the prediction on history. The older you get the slower you get and thus the less time you have to produce those dazzling shots. It happens. I hope fellow fed fans stop clinging to the past and see what's happening to fed for what it is. Novak's echoing my post last year entitled "suddenly Pete Sampras' record seems a lifetime away" and it does. He could have been more diplomatic about it, but Fed's never been diplomatic in his heyday ("His injuries are fake. I don't trust him", "Nadal is one-dimensional" etc) so we shouldn't expect other players to be any different. Arrogance comes with the territory. As long as the Jester has the weapons to back his statements up, you can't fault him.

BTW lol at the Daily Telegraph's comparison of Roger & Hillary. They both claim they are winning in the face of impossible odds.

Man you are pathetic......y call urself a fed fan.......do u think tht gives ur mindless argument some validity.....get a life.....

FanofFed
05-25-2008, 08:40 AM
and coming to the topic......Djerkovic somehow finds a way to take a dig at fed in almost every interview......u can be confident and he can and should believe he can beat federer....but going around the world and saying tht "i can beat fed: again and again shows his character....and somehow suggesting tht fed wont reach pete's record jus because he has arrived says enough of this guy....and this guy retires and cant even take the beating like a man whenever he is loosing......

wilmar
05-25-2008, 08:44 AM

It is a well-written and balanced article.
Spot-on in that Djoker, unlike Federer, has not tasted the full wrath of Nadal on clay in matches played and is thus less weary and more deluded.

Allez
05-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Man you are pathetic......y call urself a fed fan.......do u think tht gives ur mindless argument some validity.....get a life.....

I'm a Federer fan with an open mind and think at his peak he was the best ever. I'm always saying he probably will not be the greatest (the number of grandslams and titles won being the barometer for that title), but in terms of what he could do on the court there is no doubt in my mind that he's the best. If that is pathetic, then so be it. We can't all be sane ;)

wilmar
05-25-2008, 08:50 AM
and coming to the topic......Djerkovic somehow finds a way to take a dig at fed in almost every interview......u can be confident and he can and should believe he can beat federer....but going around the world and saying tht "i can beat fed: again and again shows his character....and somehow suggesting tht fed wont reach pete's record jus because he has arrived says enough of this guy....and this guy retires and cant even take the beating like a man whenever he is loosing......

Exactly! My point about Djoker is the thin line between confidence and arrogance.
Also, I've heard one commentator say during of his matches that for some time now, he has been already swaggering around in the locker room as if he is the top player and #1 in the world.

Allez
05-25-2008, 08:56 AM
It is a well-written and balanced article.
Spot-on in that Djoker, unlike Federer, has not tasted the full wrath of Nadal on clay in matches played and is thus less weary and more deluded.

The converse being that the Jester has not developed a mental block against the clay god and that when the provebial S hits the fan he will be mentally impervious to Nadal's relentless defensive game. Only his body will break and that is something that can easily be fixed. Fed should have squashed Nadal when he had the chance :mad:

Allez
05-25-2008, 09:02 AM
Exactly! My point about Djoker is the thin line between confidence and arrogance.
Also, I've heard one commentator say during of his matches that for some time now, he has been already swaggering around in the locker room as if he is the top player and #1 in the world.

Well both Nadal AND Roddick have the swagger and the latter is nowhere near the no.1 spot. Nadal is not even worried about the No.1 spot right now. The Djoker is snapping at his heels. I'm sure journalists are spicing things up and that Novak is NOT behaving significantly different from the same time last year. He's always been confident and only now are people taking him seriously and noticing every little thing he does or says.

FanofFed
05-25-2008, 09:07 AM
And people here are discussing abt wat a guy with 1 slam have to say abt a guy with 12 slams.....this guy won 1 slam and he and his family are all over the place..........and djerkovic father apparently said this abt roger when asked abt roger's "be quiet" comment....(someone posted this in fed forum)

"No way I'm gonna keep quiet. You can understand how he could be angry but he needs to accept he's not the best anymore and to be a better sportsman. Federer may be the greatest player of his era but his personality doesn't live up to that standard"

Why does his family need to come out everytime and speak like this!.....Do these people even have basic education.....they r behaving like bunch of morons....his mother said "the king is dead" at AO......as they say "apple doesn't fall too far from the tree"

Allez
05-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Yeah I agree the family should shut the f up. They're making Novak look bad and have no business weighing in on what other playesr are saying or doing. They need to just keep quiet and go away. But as brash as they are, the truth is that Fed is not the Fed of 2003-2007. But as someone else said, we don't need people who have not achieved what he's achieved preaching to us about it.

FedFan
05-25-2008, 09:34 AM
And people here are discussing abt wat a guy with 1 slam have to say abt a guy with 12 slams.....this guy won 1 slam and he and his family are all over the place..........and djerkovic father apparently said this abt roger when asked abt roger's "be quiet" comment....(someone posted this in fed forum)

"No way I'm gonna keep quiet. You can understand how he could be angry but he needs to accept he's not the best anymore and to be a better sportsman. Federer may be the greatest player of his era but his personality doesn't live up to that standard"

Why does his family need to come out everytime and speak like this!.....Do these people even have basic education.....they r behaving like bunch of morons....his mother said "the king is dead" at AO......as they say "apple doesn't fall too far from the tree"

:worship: The way the Joke speaks it seems he has won a couple of Grand slams yet. Never seen such an arrogant player before.

He is full of himself. His ego will lead him to his demise earlier than expected.

garad
05-25-2008, 09:51 AM

A good and very insightful analysis - look at Murray's results post Dubai.
Fed would make a wonderful coach one day...

dabeast
05-25-2008, 09:53 AM

Hey Clown Death, SHUT THE HELL UP! Quit harping on federer cos your comments sound like childish bullying. Your "Clay King" is going down, with knees taped up like that.

bokehlicious
05-25-2008, 09:57 AM
At the end of the day one guy still has 12 slams while the other has yet to prove he's not just a one slam wonder... Keep up with the trash talk Nole :yeah: :)

Herdwick
05-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Well, back from a few days away and the first thing I see is a thread forensically dissecting something Djokovic is alleged to have said. It's really is groundhog day here sometimes.

To summarise; yes he's cocky, yes he's confident and some of you here don't like it. In any other sport such comments are regarded as par for the course. It's not even new in tennis; from what I've read of the Connors era Nole is merely a novice in such talk.

I can never quite fathom the outrage here; sounds like some of you would be right at home in the Daily Wail though.

groundstroke
05-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Must be a joke.

wilmar
05-25-2008, 12:35 PM
The converse being that the Jester has not developed a mental block against the clay god and that when the provebial S hits the fan he will be mentally impervious to Nadal's relentless defensive game. Only his body will break and that is something that can easily be fixed. Fed should have squashed Nadal when he had the chance :mad:

how strong Djoker is both mentally and physically...only time will tell...

wilmar
05-25-2008, 12:38 PM

Parents from HELL!!!

BTW, "a better sportsman"...what an incongruous phrase to come out from Daddy's mouth...

wilmar
05-25-2008, 12:44 PM
He is full of himself. His ego will lead him to his demise earlier than expected.

Pride goes before a fall! AMEN!!!:angel:
The real fun starts when he has to defend all those big titles...

Blondie1985
05-29-2008, 02:48 PM

links??????

jasmin
05-29-2008, 03:18 PM
Yuck....

Corey Feldman
05-29-2008, 03:41 PM
So Nole thinks Fed "looks frustrated" because he beat him in AO ?

where has he been for the last 10 years ??

fucking muppet

ego of this guy is unreal, he thinks he causes everything

Okonsky
05-29-2008, 03:43 PM
ego of this guy is unreal, he thinks he causes everything

Isn't that great:rolleyes:?

Bazooka
05-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Sure Djokovic is the reason why Federer has lost in the last months in Madrid, Paris, Auckland, Dubai, Miami, IW, Montecarlo, Rome and Hamburg. I am sure Roger is playing at the same level as 2006, but Novak is too good.

Monteque
05-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Djokovic is on the raise now and 1 grand slam title in his bag and now he said Fed lost his aura now :haha:
I cant imagine what would he say about Fed if he could accomplish the 2nd grand slam title:rolleyes: maybe something "The world's on my hand now".

fuck djokovic

xargon
05-29-2008, 05:26 PM

Link to article please?

xargon
05-29-2008, 05:28 PM
A good and very insightful analysis - look at Murray's results post Dubai.

Murray just spanked Fed and he says this? Talk about arrogance.

Corey Feldman
05-29-2008, 05:42 PM
"No way I'm gonna keep quiet. You can understand how he could be angry but he needs to accept he's not the best anymore and to be a better sportsman. Federer may be the greatest player of his era but his personality doesn't live up to that standard" Always makes me laugh when i hear a member of the Djokovic family talking about how a 'personality' should be in their eyes when half of them belong in an asylum.

elessar
05-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Link to article please?

There is no link because I translated it from an article in L'equipe magazine about Novak and the importance of the support he got from his family. Now you're free to believe I made it up or not:cool:

Branimir
05-29-2008, 05:49 PM
One thing is true: Djokovic seriously talks too much. I wish his English was as horrible as Nadal's, then he probably wouldn't talk so much. Anyway he is learning new languages which is even more horrible. If he doesn't perfect them, many things will be lost in translation and it will be even worse for Nole. :p

Anyway, Federer is even bigger clown.

Alex999
05-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Link to article please?
You won't be able to see the link as it doesn't exist (someone on this board made it up). The original statement by Novak is probably bogus too as it was published by a tabloid magazine ONLY - no other references.

elessar
05-29-2008, 06:03 PM
You won't be able to see the link as it doesn't exist (someone on this board made it up). The original statement by Novak is probably bogus too as it was published by a tabloid magazine ONLY - no other references.
Alex I'm the one that posted it (on the fedforum because I didn't want to create a controversy, you know me :angel:) I can swear to you it's not bogus

Kitty de Sade
05-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Even if you cannot settle the argument one way or the other, Djokovic has the ability to do so on court.

If his mouth gives the copy to the journos, then his results can produce the goods, or not.

I have warm fuzzies at the approach, provided he can deliever. If not, then he looks bad. Time will tell.

Alex999
05-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Alex I'm the one that posted it (on the fedforum because I didn't want to create a controversy, you know me :angel:) I can swear to you it's not bogus
:hug:. I do not like his father, I said it many times. On the other hand (as I said earlier), Novak is trying too hard to be politically correct lately. He is not stupid. That's why I don't believe he said what was quoted in the original article as the source is very questionable. I just like dealing with the facts and I can NOT find anything relevant to this story.

elessar
05-29-2008, 06:39 PM
:hug:. I do not like his father, I said it many times. On the other hand (as I said earlier), Novak is trying too hard to be politically correct lately. He is not stupid. That's why I don't believe he said what was quoted in the original article as the source is very questionable. I just like dealing with the facts and I can NOT find anything relevant to this story.

Ah sorry I thought you were talking about the quote from his father being bogus ;)
I can't talk about the original article because I don't know the journal in question but it does sound a little bit over the top, even for Novak :p

Leo
05-29-2008, 06:49 PM
He's soooooo cocky. My God!

BIGMARAT
05-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Nole needs to learn english more- i mean putting words together that he wont be mis understood. or putting words together so he express himself more.

I dont see anything wrong with his interview. If your a contender in every slam- you need to think and act like you can beat anyone and thats how it should be.

Now, on how he says it towards the media, thats a different story.

juninhOH
05-29-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm sure it's a joke. Djokovic is confident knows his potential, but he wouldn't say such a thing, only for fun. I mean the part "Now that I'm around". Maybe someone forgot to add the "Im just kidding" after that.

Like, I think after today's match or yesterday's. Someone asked about the semi-final and he said:

"I'm not looking at the semi-final at all. All my thoughts are at winning the title. I'm just kidding".

The Oracle
08-15-2009, 10:20 PM
He sees what we saw in Andy..WHICH IS TALENTS~~

Leo
08-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Oh, Nole. You were around. Now you're winding down. :rolleyes:

Acer
08-15-2009, 11:02 PM
He's got 12 Grand Slams to his name and maybe he will beat Sampras, but now I'm here it will be tough for him

Luka Matic
08-16-2009, 01:25 PM

hahahaaha

chenx15
08-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Is djokovi a member of mtf? He sure talks like one! Ha ha ha! Owned!

tennizen
08-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Is it tennizen's threads day:dance:

Burrow
08-16-2009, 03:27 PM
You're a top class bandwagon jumper.

Djokovic > Murray

rofe
08-16-2009, 04:20 PM
tennizen should thank Oracle for bumping all her threads. :)

River
08-16-2009, 04:42 PM
....wow.

Rubbing salt on wounds.

This forum really has the lowest.

The Joker back then had the mental fortitude and skills to actually make that true. He just broke down mentally and cared too much of what people thought. I'm not saying for Joker to be a prick, but moreso care less what the numbers say.

If he had his original form, I wouldn't doubt that maybe Federer wouldn't have 15 right now. Maybe a tie with Sampras cause Djokovic was right; he would struggle for the next slams. And he is... he's barely squeezing through on good chances (Soderling taking out Nadal on RG) and a shitload of patience (vs. top form Roddick @ wimbledon)

As for Murray, Joker's kinda right. I got the feeling that he predicted one GS win for Murray as he broke through the top 5. Murray's #2 and hasn't done so yet.

habibko
08-16-2009, 04:58 PM
but now I'm here it will be tough for him, ah never gets old :lol: