Duesseldorf RR: Tursunov def. Kiefer 6-4, 3-6, 7-5 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Duesseldorf RR: Tursunov def. Kiefer 6-4, 3-6, 7-5

osalsyst
05-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Three chokes for Kiefer in front of the home crowd. He should stop playing in Germany. :help:

Voo de Mar
05-23-2008, 02:22 PM
From hero to zero ;)

tennisfan444
05-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Sad for Kiefer

*Ljubica*
05-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Dmitry won another match on clay :woohoo: Congrats Dima - and please now get rid of that beard before Sunday :lol:

Iván
05-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Dima was awesome in the final set, he can do well on clay.

Kiefer was simply outplayed on the big points.

Voo de Mar
05-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Dima was awesome in the final set, he can do well on clay.

Kiefer was simply outplayed on the big points.

I saw only last 5 games... Tursunov played amazing passing-shot at 15:15 in the last game, it was a crucial point.

alfonsojose
05-23-2008, 07:19 PM
:haha: :haha:

Iván
05-23-2008, 07:24 PM
I saw only last 5 games... Tursunov played amazing passing-shot at 15:15 in the last game, it was a crucial point.

Dima was his usual self in the two sets before, hitting breath-taking winners from acute angles on the court mixed with mindless ball bashing un-forced errors.

But in the decider he kept his cool and served big, saved 3bps in the 1st game and from then on kiefer was always on the back foot clinging on.

I love watching kiwi play though, so much skill and talent at the net, only if he had a better forehand who knows what he could of achieved in his career.

Having said that he has the perfect game from grass and i hope to see him perform well at wimbledon were last year he gave Djokovic a very tough match.

Bilbo
05-23-2008, 07:39 PM
looks like we have seen two different matches, ivan

kiefer was playing awful as was dima. even the commentator said it was a terrible match to watch. the kiefer i saw in hamburg would have won easily in 2 sets.

Iván
05-23-2008, 07:43 PM
looks like we have seen two different matches, ivan

kiefer was playing awful as was dima. even the commentator said it was a terrible match to watch. the kiefer i saw in hamburg would have won easily in 2 sets.

Yes bilbo you are right, Kiwi did make far two many unforced errors but the key difference was the 1st serve which wasnt firing in the decider like it did in hamburg, having said that dima upped his level, made less errors and served better on the big points.

The 1st two sets were a mixture of very good and very bad but dima played a suprisingly impressive decider to take the match.

dylan24
05-23-2008, 11:00 PM
retire from tennis
kiwi
you suck

Masta_Rue
05-23-2008, 11:53 PM
This match was so poor.. I felt asleep in the 2nd set because it was so boring.. it looked a bit like they both didn't want to win

Neely
05-24-2008, 10:04 AM
OMG, what a bad match of both players :eek: Needless to say that Tursunov was a little bit better at the end.

An incredible week of choking and no-confidence play came to an end for Kiefer (2nd set against Bolelli was huge, entire bad match against Tursunov, got tight at the end of the set and finally double faulted on match point against Tursunov). Or may he continue next week?

A normal person would think that a normal player would get confidence from beating clay players like Wawrinka, Mathieu or Davydenko, right? But nothing like that helps for Kiwi. He just came to Düsseldorf and played patheticly and to the most part at his most passive. This is not explainable anymore. The only positive thing is that he tried and stayed calm despite he knew he had no rhythm, no timing and no confidence in his strokes. I think most of us amateur players would have put away short balls Kiefer failed to convert yesterday against Dima.

Yappa
05-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Losing to Tursunov on clay tops it all. Glad I didn't watch any of it.

EDIT:

Just heard it on german TV:

Kiefer withdraws from Paris.

krystlel
05-24-2008, 04:03 PM
OMG, what a bad match of both players :eek: Needless to say that Tursunov was a little bit better at the end.

An incredible week of choking and no-confidence play came to an end for Kiefer (2nd set against Bolelli was huge, entire bad match against Tursunov, got tight at the end of the set and finally double faulted on match point against Tursunov). Or may he continue next week?

A normal person would think that a normal player would get confidence from beating clay players like Wawrinka, Mathieu or Davydenko, right? But nothing like that helps for Kiwi. He just came to Düsseldorf and played patheticly and to the most part at his most passive. This is not explainable anymore. The only positive thing is that he tried and stayed calm despite he knew he had no rhythm, no timing and no confidence in his strokes. I think most of us amateur players would have put away short balls Kiefer failed to convert yesterday against Dima.
Yeah, really strange how Kiefer's form has suddenly dipped that low after Hamburg. From my point of view, I don't understand why he has withdrawn (because of poor form) because he could always play better after getting through a bad match. I mean, it's not really a slump yet considering it has only lasted a week.

kristanmichelle
05-24-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm glad Tursunov won, but surprised he beat Kiefer. Kiefer had great form playing in Hamburg.