Novak in Paris - the next chapter in his 2008 adventures! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Novak in Paris - the next chapter in his 2008 adventures!

Pages : [1] 2 3

*Ljubica*
05-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Ok - the draw for RG is now out. And I am leaving for Paris tomorrow to support Nole :) Ajde:hug:
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/draws/ms/r1s2.html

[1] Federer vs Querrey
Montanes vs Vliegen
Q vs Q
Ancic vs [31] Seppi
[20] Karlovic vs Falla
Benneteau vs Spadea
Zverev vs Q
Soderling vs [13] Monaco

[9] Wawrinka vs Kohlschreiber
Cilic vs Haase
Q vs Volandri
Cuevas vs [24] Gonzalez
[27] Andreev vs Starace
Young vs Ginepri
Sela vs Hanescu
Serra vs [8] Gasquet

[4] Davydenko vs Johansson
Q vs Safin
Q vs Mannarino
Prodon vs [28] Ljubicic
[23] Ferrero vs Daniel
Melzer vs Luczak
Monfils vs Clement
Q vs [14] Tsonga

[12] Robredo vs Coria
Troicki vs Gicquel
Q vs Vanek
Simon vs [21] Stepanek
[25] Hewitt vs Mahut
Calleri vs Fish
Santoro vs Mayer
Darcis vs [5] Ferrer

[7] Blake vs Schettler
Q vs Gulbis
Ascione vs Reynolds
Lapentti vs [32] Tipsarevic
[17] Baghdatis vs Bolelli
Fognini vs Del Potro
Llodra vs Patience
Smeets vs [11] Berdych

[16] Moya vs Q
Granollers vs Berrer
Hernandez vs Minar
Kuerten vs [18] Mathieu
[29] Canas vs Odesnik
Bjorkman vs Lee
Dancevic vs Q
Gremelmayr vs [3] Djokovic

[6] Nalbandian vs Berlocq
Chardy vs Q
Garcia-Lopez vs Roitman
Q vs [30] tursunov
[19] Almagro vs Pashanski
Q vs O Rochus
Hrbaty vs Acasuo
Eysseric vs [10] Murray

[15] Youzhny vs Becker
Q vs Q
Isner vs Chela
Ventura vs [22] Verdasco
[26] Nieminen vs Kiefer
Vassallo Arguello vs Lopez
Guccione vs Q
Q vs [2] Nadal

*Ljubica*
05-23-2008, 02:14 PM
French Open Preview - originally posted by tangerine_dream :) Thanks:hug:

French Open Preview

CHRISTOPHER CLAREY (IHT): Let's talk Djokovic for a moment. Anything you see in his game on clay that you do or don't see on hard courts?

PHILIPPE BOUIN (L'Equipe, France): Some forehand "arrondis". Chris help me please on that one.

CLAREY: Rounding off his forehands? Rounding up the new Kosovo parliament?

BOUIN: Yes, he's rounding off the forehand to get a little more time when he is under pressure, instead of hitting flat and fast.

TOM TEBBUTT (The Globe & Mail, Canada): In Hamburg, I thought his crosscourt backhand when Nadal hit the monster forehand into it was five times better than Roger's in the same situation. Plus he showed some patience and ability to unsettle Rafa with aggressive hitting that Roger has not been able to do very often.z

BOUIN: Yes but remember, he is using the two-handed backhand. That helps.

CLAREY: His backhand is truly a marvel: the way he can generate flat down-the-line pace from extreme positions in an open stance.

JON WERTHEIM (Sports Illustrated, USA): I think I wrote last year that Djokovic might be at his best on clay. It rewards his efficiency and patience, and I think he's a better athlete than most people think. It also can't hurt to have 20-year-old legs.

RENE STAUFFER (Tages-Anzeiger, Switzerland): And Djokovic is getting less and less angry at himself on court. That makes him more dangerous.

CLAREY: So is he number two on the pecking order going in? Or still number three?

BOUIN: Two and a half, even with Roger.

WERTHEIM: Two and a half.

TEBBUTT: Definitely number two. But that could be better for Roger.

STAUFFER: Number 3. He has never beaten Roger on clay so far, lost in Monte Carlo.

TEBBUTT: What are the odds on Betfair?

BOUIN: Integrity, integrity!

camnation
05-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Have fun in Paris! :hug:

arm
05-23-2008, 03:50 PM
French Open Preview - originally posted by tangerine_dream :) Thanks:hug:

French Open Preview

CHRISTOPHER CLAREY (IHT): Let's talk Djokovic for a moment. Anything you see in his game on clay that you do or don't see on hard courts?

PHILIPPE BOUIN (L'Equipe, France): Some forehand "arrondis". Chris help me please on that one.

CLAREY: Rounding off his forehands? Rounding up the new Kosovo parliament?

BOUIN: Yes, he's rounding off the forehand to get a little more time when he is under pressure, instead of hitting flat and fast.

TOM TEBBUTT (The Globe & Mail, Canada): In Hamburg, I thought his crosscourt backhand when Nadal hit the monster forehand into it was five times better than Roger's in the same situation. Plus he showed some patience and ability to unsettle Rafa with aggressive hitting that Roger has not been able to do very often.z

BOUIN: Yes but remember, he is using the two-handed backhand. That helps.
CLAREY: His backhand is truly a marvel: the way he can generate flat down-the-line pace from extreme positions in an open stance.

JON WERTHEIM (Sports Illustrated, USA): I think I wrote last year that Djokovic might be at his best on clay. It rewards his efficiency and patience, and I think he's a better athlete than most people think. It also can't hurt to have 20-year-old legs.

RENE STAUFFER (Tages-Anzeiger, Switzerland): And Djokovic is getting less and less angry at himself on court. That makes him more dangerous.

CLAREY: So is he number two on the pecking order going in? Or still number three?

BOUIN: Two and a half, even with Roger.

WERTHEIM: Two and a half.

TEBBUTT: Definitely number two. But that could be better for Roger.

STAUFFER: Number 3. He has never beaten Roger on clay so far, lost in Monte Carlo.

TEBBUTT: What are the odds on Betfair?

BOUIN: Integrity, integrity!

:eek: Can you imagine if Clay Death happens to see this?

*Ljubica*
05-23-2008, 03:52 PM
:eek: Can you imagine if Clay Death happens to see this?

:lol: I quite like Clay Death actually :o But - yes - I get your point :)

arm
05-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Don't get me wrong here. I called him Clay Death, not Clown Death. Do you get my point?

*Ljubica*
05-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Don't get me wrong here. I called him Clay Death, not Clown Death. Do you get my point?

Absolutely - yes :)

arm
05-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Absolutely - yes :)

:) :hug:

Have you finished packing?

If not :eek:, packing is not your thing at all! (or MTF has been distracting you :p)

*Ljubica*
05-23-2008, 04:34 PM
:) :hug:

Have you finished packing?

If not :eek:, packing is not your thing at all! (or MTF has been distracting you :p)

Yes I have thanks! All I have left to do is pack some food, and I can't take that out of the fridge til tomorrow. We have an apartment you see, and I don't fancy going food shopping as soon as I get to Paris, so need to take some milk and bread and fruit etc for tomorrow night and Sunday breakfast :)Other than that - it's all done :)

arm
05-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Yes I have thanks! All I have left to do is pack some food, and I can't take that out of the fridge til tomorrow. We have an apartment you see, and I don't fancy going food shopping as soon as I get to Paris, so need to take some milk and bread and fruit etc for tomorrow night and Sunday breakfast :)Other than that - it's all done :)

I see. You should do that. :)

Good to know you managed to pack quite quickly.. :p

*Ljubica*
05-23-2008, 05:36 PM
I see. You should do that. :)

Good to know you managed to pack quite quickly.. :p

That almost certainly means I've forgotten something :o Guess as long as I have my Passport, my credit card and my Roland Garros tickets, everything else can be sorted out later :)

Manon
05-23-2008, 05:45 PM
We expect RG diary from you Rose.

Alex999
05-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Nole, you CAN do it.

savesthedizzle
05-23-2008, 11:24 PM
The draw is not bad :)

gambit84
05-24-2008, 12:05 AM
time to win a second slam :p

*Ljubica*
05-24-2008, 08:38 AM
We expect RG diary from you Rose.

If I can find an Internet Cafe near to the apartment where I'm staying, then I surely will :) Otherwise I'll have to save it all up until I get back.

I'm leaving now anyway - so :wavey: to all. Will miss you all - talk soon :hug:

savesthedizzle
05-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Have a great trip :hug: :wavey:

neenah
05-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Rosie enjoy your time there! :wavey:

zerocool_
05-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Quite nice draw, except being in Nadal part of draw :) But, if you want to take RG you must kick out Nadal :)

camnation
05-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Argh, anyone following the match now? Down a break already and struggling with his serve in the 3rd game...

savesthedizzle
05-25-2008, 11:17 AM
I've been watching it, but I'm leaving to take a shower. Sometimes that helps, to wash the crappiness away.

It's painful to watch this match at the moment.

camnation
05-25-2008, 11:23 AM
He's won one game now... I think I'll just turn off the computer and watch the match as is. If the match continues this way it may be the only opportunity we have to see him.

amdany
05-25-2008, 11:43 AM
what is he doing?:mad:

btw, I saw him twice yesterday but furtively so I didn't have time to take pics:sad:. He was supposed to play an exhibition match vs Janko on the Susan Lenglen but Janko retired. And it was raining in the afternoon so I don't know if he had time to train actually. That's maybe a reason for this crappy start.:shrug:

savesthedizzle
05-25-2008, 12:04 PM
This match is making me not like the French Open any more :(

Lee
05-25-2008, 12:54 PM
He's still not focusing enough in the 3RD SET!!! :rolleyes:

Lee
05-25-2008, 12:57 PM
I am worried that he tries not to spend too much energy since he may play Nadal in the SF but he forgets he has to win 5 matches before he gets there. :tape:

amdany
05-25-2008, 01:10 PM
phew he won the 3rd set but he's still playing like crap:o

btw, Jess and other troickitards, Steph and I saw Victor yesterday. We were standing next the players' restaurant waiting for the rain to stop and suddenly we saw him but we weren't prepared so we didn't take a pic either:o. We weren't operational I know:o

savesthedizzle
05-25-2008, 01:12 PM
phew he won the 3rd set but he's still playing like crap:o

btw, Jess and other troickitards, Steph and I saw Victor yesterday. We were standing next the playing restaurant waiting for the rain to stop and suddenly we saw him but we weren't prepared so we didn't take a pic either:o. We weren't operational I know:o

Steph just told me :D :rocker2:

Lee
05-25-2008, 01:34 PM
My heart stops everytime Nole hits that dropshot of death. :tape:

Lee
05-25-2008, 01:35 PM
PHEW!!! Finally!

arm
05-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Pain, oh pain.

I can't belive I woke up for this.. :(

amdany
05-25-2008, 01:47 PM
congrats but it was painful:o

Lee
05-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Pain, oh pain.

I can't belive I woke up for this.. :(

At least I get my laundry done before everyone wake up. I was up 3am. :tape:

Herdwick
05-25-2008, 01:56 PM
*Mops brow* well that was unexpectedly stressful.

Settled down for a nice Sunday afternoon in front of the TV only to find Denis playing out of his skull - all credit to him BTW; can see why he gave Fed some problems - and Nole'd left his forehand back at Eurovision. Things can only get better though - can't they?

Now I have to endure more patriotic pain from Murraykins.

arm
05-25-2008, 01:59 PM
At least I get my laundry done before everyone wake up. I was up 3am. :tape:

:hug::hug:

I woke up at 11 AM. But that's early for me.:)

kalisita
05-25-2008, 02:00 PM
He usually has one bad match per tournament where he plays crappy. Maybe it's good that it happened first round. Let's hope it doesn't happen again.:)

arm
05-25-2008, 02:01 PM
*Mops brow* well that was unexpectedly stressful.

Settled down for a nice Sunday afternoon in front of the TV only to find Denis playing out of his skull - all credit to him BTW; can see why he gave Fed some problems - and Nole'd left his forehand back at Eurovision. Things can only get better though - can't they?

Now I have to endure more patriotic pain from Murraykins.

:haha: :haha:

Agreed..

aeronatasha
05-25-2008, 02:22 PM
All is well. Started the match too relaxed, and Gremelmayr found a great way to exploit that.
Still, he won. Even though he missed some eeeaaaaaasy shots.

Hope the serve gets better.

Good luck Novak.

Lee
05-25-2008, 02:25 PM
And his overhead in his birthday party ;)

Jelena_78
05-25-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm glad he made it :)
The first one is always tough.

njnetswill
05-25-2008, 03:30 PM
The first part of the match was almost as painful to watch as Russia winning Eurovision. :help:

Hopefully his level of play gets higher as the tournmanent goes on.

camnation
05-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Lol, I actually didn't think he played poorly, but Denis was firing at all cylinders. It was frightening! Anyway, congrats to Nole! I wish he was facing Dancevic in the second round though...

*Ljubica*
05-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Good evening - this is Paris calling :wavey: And believe me - if you guys found it stressful this afternoon; it was far FAR worse to be there live :eek:

Gremelmayr came out firing on all cylinders - he hit some fantastic power shots - awesome :worship: Nole was simply dreadful - in the first set and throughout most of the rest of it til the end of the fourth to be honest. Bad BAD boy :banghead: And - please - no more dropshots :rolleyes: To be fair, in his interview after the match he said he was "surprised" by Gremelmyr, and admitted he was rather ashamed of his own play :o Hopefully he will put it behind him and get better - dare I say; he cannot get much worse :lol:

On a happier note - i have spoken to him - he is fine and happy - he remembered me from Rome :) He is always very cute :hearts:

Having a great time - received a bunch of pink roses from a young guy from Ecuador today - no idea why :lol: And a proposal of marriage from a Serbian guy who I sat with watching Pashanki :o

Have to get back to Janko now - currently using a friends laptop here, but I have found an Internet Cafe near to my apartment, and they forecast rain tomorrow, so perhaps I will have more time then.

Bye for now - love and miss you all :hug:

amdany
05-25-2008, 05:09 PM
:wavey:Rose, glad you get to spoke to him, and he recognized you, how :cool:

About the flowers, it's maybe because it's Mother Day in France:shrug:
Have fun:hug:

but-it's-ok
05-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks for that Rose:hug:

It was tough for Nole today.. Gremelmayr was inspired. Sometimes its difficult to be at a great level in the 1st round but then again Nole wouldn't have wanted as stern a test as that in the 1st round. But he will get better.;)
Adje Nole:hug:

Herdwick
05-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Rose - petal! Bonsoir et merci.

So glad he acknowledges he badly underestimated DG - we could easily have had another KA moment had he not pulled himself together. But it's all part of the learning curve; Moya is out so onwards and upwards.

On a personal note; clearly your charms are undimmed!

Have a marvellous time in Paris; need hardly say all updates gratefully appreciated. Do you know which is the official players' hotel by the way?

If you see him again give Nole our best love (best keep the lust under control though...British women have a bad enough rep abroad as it is!;)

aeronatasha
05-25-2008, 06:07 PM
Rose, you're such a darling..:smooch:

Give Novak our love too.;)

Great to hear you're having fun!

I'm sure he'll play better once he gets rolling.

Enjoy your stay and please write when you can!:wavey:

savesthedizzle
05-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Good evening - this is Paris calling :wavey: And believe me - if you guys found it stressful this afternoon; it was far FAR worse to be there live :eek:

Gremelmayr came out firing on all cylinders - he hit some fantastic power shots - awesome :worship: Nole was simply dreadful - in the first set and throughout most of the rest of it til the end of the fourth to be honest. Bad BAD boy :banghead: And - please - no more dropshots :rolleyes: To be fair, in his interview after the match he said he was "surprised" by Gremelmyr, and admitted he was rather ashamed of his own play :o Hopefully he will put it behind him and get better - dare I say; he cannot get much worse :lol:

On a happier note - i have spoken to him - he is fine and happy - he remembered me from Rome :) He is always very cute :hearts:

Having a great time - received a bunch of pink roses from a young guy from Ecuador today - no idea why :lol: And a proposal of marriage from a Serbian guy who I sat with watching Pashanki :o

Have to get back to Janko now - currently using a friends laptop here, but I have found an Internet Cafe near to my apartment, and they forecast rain tomorrow, so perhaps I will have more time then.

Bye for now - love and miss you all :hug:

Awww that's nice that he remembered you :)

Glad you're having a good time :D Keep us posted :D :dance:

Manon
05-25-2008, 07:24 PM
received a bunch of pink roses from a young guy

Well, guy knows :hug:

I am so glad for you.

neenah
05-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Rose, that's great that he remembered you :) Hope you're having a blast!

Nadie
05-25-2008, 08:14 PM
thanks Rosie :hug:

have a great time :wavey:

aeronatasha
05-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Q. Gremelmayr is better than his ranking. A very undervalued player. But did you perhaps make it a little bit easier for him today until you finally got control of the fourth set?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I wasn't underestimating my opponent, even though it looked like that in the first set, the way I was playing. So I agree with the fact that his game is better than his ranking at this moment, and he's recently been playing some good tennis.

He played a couple of semifinals in good tournaments, and he played some three sets with Roger Federer. So I knew that he's a tough player to play against on this surface.

But, you know, this was one of the days when you just can't put your game in the direction that you want it to be. And always those first rounds on the bigger events are the tricky ones, a lot of expectations, pressure.

It wasn't easy, you know, but it's good to go through.

Q. How did you prepare this week? I read you had to do an appearance at the Eurovision contest. Did that maybe take something off of your concentration, or did you have enough time to practice?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, I think I had enough time. I feel good, even though I had a tough match, two‑and‑a‑half hours. Physically I feel well. I've been working hard in last six, seven weeks on my physical strength just to prepare well for the Roland Garros. Because this is the most important event for I think every player on this surface. But, you know, it's understandable sometimes to have pretty bad performances.

I'm not happy with the way I played, but, you know, you always have to look positive and try to think in the right direction and hope for the best.

Q. You did well last year, obviously, at the Grand Slams and things. A year ago you had been hoping to be maybe No. 1 or one of the best. What does it feel like now that most people consider you and Roger and Rafa pretty well even? How do you feel about that? Did it change your life very much?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah. It's good to hear that the people are talking about more than two ‑‑ only two players. I mean, last couple months I've been playing some great tennis, achieving fantastic results in the most important events and the major events, Masters Series and Grand Slams, which is the aim for me.

I'll just try to be consistent, you know. I know that there is a lot of, of course, media attention and attention from a lot of tennis lovers. They're hoping for, you know, some changes in the rankings, of course.

There was some opportunities in Hamburg already, but I don't want to pay attention too much on that, you know. I'm going to lose the focus if I do that.

Q. How does it actually feel now? Is it different to be one of the best three or maybe even the best player...

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Sure. People appreciate more. Pay you more respect. As a Grand Slam champion, you gain a lot of positive things and confidence on the top, so you approach things much easier.

Q. When he broke back at 5‑4 in the third, you lost six points in a row. Were you nervous at the time?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, sure. I wasn't on my top level, as I said before. And when you're not playing the way you imagine to play, then there's a lot of things going on in the head, of course.

He came from 5‑1 to 5‑4, and then suddenly I started serving bad and he started going for the shots. He started playing well. All the credit to him. He was being really aggressive.

He surprised me a little bit on the start of the match. He used his opportunities, so I managed to come back through. So it's an encouraging fact for continuation of the tournament.

Q. Do you have memories of Guga when he was winning French Opens?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, sure. Especially the one when he drew the heart on the court. It was really emotional for him, of course in the first place, and for everybody watching. He's a very positive, very positive guy, great personality, and just everybody loves him. I don't know even one guy who says something bad about him.

So the sport is going to miss him, of course, and I wish him all the best. Hopefully he can get far in the tournament.

Q. A moment ago you said you didn't feel like you played very well. When you feel like you're not playing well, what does that mean? Does that mean not striking the ball well? Does it mean not winning certain points? What does that mean to you?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: A lot of things combined, you know. But the most important thing is that you win when you play bad, so there's not many players that have that.

Q. Would you rather play well and win 4 and 4, or play poorly and win 2 and 2?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Next question, please.

Q. Do you feel extra pressure because you are first in the race and you won the first Slam?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, pressure is always there. But as a third player of the world and Grand Slam champion and first player in the race this year, of course there is a lot of expectations.

It's normal. But now it's a matter of my mental ability to cope with that pressure in the best possible way. So far I've been doing great. Pressure is a challenge, so you just have to accept it.

Q. This the first day. First day we see the conditions and things. Can you describe the conditions just in terms of the balls and the court and stuff, and also, in comparison to how it would be for anybody, not just you playing against Nadal? He's viewed as the toughest guy. What are the conditions like for playing against him?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It's quite different than the last couple of tournaments I played on clay. We played with ATP, had balls, and they're much different than the ones we play here, Dunlop, at Roland Garros.

It's tough to control, honestly saying, here. The balls are bouncing, they're smaller, and that makes them much, much faster. And then the conditions are different at Roland Garros than in Hamburg and Rome, because here it's pretty fast comparing to Hamburg where it's pretty slow.

So you just ‑‑ you just need time. I think I still didn't, you know, didn't get used to it 100% the way I should. But it's good to win the first round and to play a bit tougher match longer with longer rallies so you can get used to the conditions.

Q. Gremelmayr's speed can make you a little impatient sometimes on the court. But on one point when you were not impatient, I think it was the second set long, kept retrieving everything you hit. Finally you hit the overhead and flopped across the net. What were your emotions there as you lay across the net at the end of that point?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I was happy to win the long point, you know. I think you're always are ‑‑ you always are happy to win such a great point, and it's nice. You know, the crowd saluted in a great way.

But, again, there was a lot of those rallies. In the most important moments I managed to stay calm and just play the way I imagined to play, so it's good.

Lee
05-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Rose, thanks for the report and :inlove: Novak remembers you.

Have a blast there!

njnetswill
05-26-2008, 01:56 AM

:spit:

tangerine_dream
05-26-2008, 02:05 AM

:spit: No way. That is too good to be true. :worship:

I'm very impressed that Novak remembered you from Rome, Rosie. Enjoy the matches. :)

*edit*

Adding photos from the match.

Aloimeh
05-26-2008, 03:27 AM

:spit:

I don't really understand the question. What does 4 and 4 and 2 and 2 mean?

jeahhh!
05-26-2008, 03:49 AM
omfg I have like forgotten that Novakland has a purpose besides Narnia. :o

Anyhoo Ajde Nole kick some clay ass! :rocker2:

Lee
05-26-2008, 05:00 AM
I don't really understand the question. What does 4 and 4 and 2 and 2 mean?

Winning 6-4 6-4 or 6-2 6-2

Lee
05-26-2008, 05:01 AM
omfg I have like forgotten that Novakland has a purpose besides Narnia. :o

Anyhoo Ajde Nole kick some clay ass! :rocker2:

:haha: You were distracted ;)

Lee
05-26-2008, 04:43 PM
I don't know Viktor and Janko are playing doubles in RG. :banana:

savesthedizzle
05-26-2008, 08:46 PM
I don't know Viktor and Janko are playing doubles in RG. :banana:

BE STILL MY HEART.

If they do that at the USO.

I will explode from tennis hotness overload. Holy crap. That is my ultimate fantasy.

Jelena_78
05-26-2008, 09:08 PM
BE STILL MY HEART.

I will explode from tennis hotness overload. Holy crap. That is my ultimate fantasy.

:hearts: :rolls:

:hug:

Lee
05-26-2008, 11:11 PM
BE STILL MY HEART.

:haha: :haha:

njnetswill
05-26-2008, 11:28 PM
BE STILL MY HEART.

You might experience an orgasm from the sidelines! :eek:

Alex999
05-26-2008, 11:48 PM
Here is a funny part from tennis.com about Novak's match.

Nice call in your Roland Garros brackets breakdown on the Djokovic-Gremelmayr match. Don’t sleep on the Gremlin. He’s scrappy, awkward (his backhand is as stiff as his forehand is whippy), and is the most evil of all tennis adversaries – a lefty. Djokovic seemed to be frustrated by the combination and was pressing on his shots. His front hip was opening up too early on his forehands, usually a good indicator that a player is overswinging. I thought he did a nice job of tightening up his game by the end of the match. I noticed that designer Tommy Hilfiger (I’m pretty sure) was sitting with the Djokovic camp. Is going all Federer on us? :lol::lol::lol:

savesthedizzle
05-26-2008, 11:57 PM
You might experience an orgasm from the sidelines! :eek:

Not might. For sure 100% I would. :rolls:

*Ljubica*
05-27-2008, 08:20 AM
morning from a rainy Roland Garros :wavey: Sorry I do not have much time - hundreds of people queueing to use this after me :o

So -_ in brief......... I am fine, and evrything good.

Janko and Viktor have a very good effect on me too :lol:

Jess - I watched your Viktor yesterday _ I may be joining his bandwagon soon :lol: I watched with a group of very handsome young Serbian guys aho took me out for a drink (of 3) afterwards :lol: I am still recovering.

Herdwick - there are about 10 offic0fial Hotels for RG - one if the Radisson and another the Hilton Champs Elyssees. Also quit a few apartment complexes all over the city

OK - I have to go now :wavey:

Love you all :hug:

gambit84
05-27-2008, 08:40 AM
rainy Roland Garros? :eek::eek::eek:

:crying2:

arm
05-27-2008, 11:45 AM
morning from a rainy Roland Garros :wavey: Sorry I do not have much time - hundreds of people queueing to use this after me :o

Jess - I watched your Viktor yesterday _ I may be joining his bandwagon soon :lol: I watched with a group of very handsome young Serbian guys aho took me out for a drink (of 3) afterwards :lol: I am still recovering.

Herdwick - there are about 10 offic0fial Hotels for RG - one if the Radisson and another the Hilton Champs Elyssees. Also quit a few apartment complexes all over the city

:mad: the rain

savesthedizzle
05-27-2008, 11:49 AM

You are a Serb guy magnet! :eek: *jealous* :rolls: There are never handsome young Serbian men at the USO. :lol: :worship:

Lee
05-27-2008, 12:59 PM

:wavey:

Another rainy day in Roland Garros :awww: Get another few drinks with more handsome Serbians ;)

Hopefully the rain is off now and plays continue until dark. :hug:

Manon
05-27-2008, 01:03 PM

You are a Serb guy magnet

For sure. But how not to? She is such, such, such a Lady. And my best friend here. In fact - bensedin 5mg.

#arm > :hug:

arm
05-27-2008, 01:19 PM
For sure. But how not to? She is such, such, such a Lady. And my best friend here. In fact - bensedin 5mg.

#arm > :hug:

So how's the weather like in Serbia? Still raining here and 14ºC..

Lee
05-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Rain Delay AGAIN!!!!!

Manon
05-27-2008, 01:46 PM

So how's the weather like in Serbia? Still raining here and 14ºC..

Right now 33ºC, sunny, like in July.

*Ljubica*
05-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Good evening from wet and soggy Paris :devil: Yes it is still raining :spit: In fact it is pouring :rolleyes: So I have come back to the apartment for a change into dry clothes, and sometime in the Internet Cafe............... if it stops :rain: I will get a taxi back, but at the moment that seems very unlikely :sad: Thank God Novak played his first match on Sunday - at least he is safely through to the next round :)

Not much to report today, as not much happened apart from dodging the :rain: Spent an hour watching Haase v Cilic, which was abandoned just before the start of the 1st set tie break,which was very sad for both players, and another hour watching an amusing Troicki practice............ sorry Jess :hug: He was laughing at me because I was wearing gloves :o Well, sorry Mr. Troicki, but I was wet and cold - and the gloves stopped my hands from freezing............ so laugh away, I am not removing them :nerner:

Not sure about the Serb guy magnet :o I guess I just go to matches that they go to as well.............. and thanks for the compliment Manon, - you will make me blush :o

Anyway, the rain still falls and the Bar is calling me - I am having an early night tonight though, no drinking, partying or male company of any kind tonight. Later :wavey:

arm
05-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Rose, thanks for your reports. ;)

Time to watch Nadal now.

Miss you :hug:

Jelena_78
05-27-2008, 06:42 PM
... and another hour watching an amusing Troicki practice............ sorry Jess :hug: He was laughing at me because I was wearing gloves :o Well, sorry Mr. Troicki, but I was wet and cold - and the gloves stopped my hands from freezing............ so laugh away, I am not removing them :nerner:

:lol: :hug:

Thank you for that!
I LOVE your way of telling stories :)

Herdwick
05-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks:wavey: always good to hear from you; such a shame about the weather. Forecast is not great for rest of week either and still no OOP for tomorrow.

Propinquity be hanged - there is clearly something about your pheromones which is irrestible to the discerning Serb male:devil:. Have a great time - not that you seem to need any encouragement.:)

Lee
05-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Nole's match will be 3rd on Court 1. After Hewitt/Mahut and Lisnard/Safin (TBF). If the previous matches take long enough or rain delay again, his match will be late enough for ESPN starts to broadcast so I can watch the whole match.

arm
05-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Lee, I hope that too.

I can't belive I have to go to school in the afternoon.

I dont have any classes in the afternoon, but there's this sport activity going on and I have to be there. :mad:

The first time this year I need to be at school in the afternoon and it had to be tomorrow. :mad:

Lee
05-28-2008, 01:19 PM
The live stream screen from tennis channel is too small :(

Lee
05-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Much better start today than previous match. 3-0

There's quite a cheering squard out there chanting "Novak"

savesthedizzle
05-28-2008, 01:45 PM
When Viktor lost I was sad, so I left the computer...

.... and completely forgot Novak was playing :rolls:

Lee
05-28-2008, 01:45 PM
6-1 in 26 minutes

Lee
05-28-2008, 01:48 PM
When Viktor lost I was sad, so I left the computer...

.... and completely forgot Novak was playing :rolls:

Lee
05-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Tennis Channel adopted the bad habit of showing all Americans :tape:

savesthedizzle
05-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Tennis Channel adopted the bad habit of showing all Americans :tape:

So much so that they brought a camera to look at Young-Ginepri... a match of true claycourt genius for the world to see :worship:

I mean, sure, Novak is slaying Lopez-Jaen at the moment so there's really nothing to see...but a little glimpse of world #3 wouldn't hurt :p

Lee
05-28-2008, 01:58 PM
That's because of the whining from JMac but I applauded him for putting Justin in his place for saying it's gamesmanship for Benneteau hitting Spadea at the net.

And looks like Bellucci finally takes the toll of hitting against Nadal :p

Lee
05-28-2008, 01:59 PM
I predict that match between two clay court genius, Young and Ginepri will go to 5 sets :p

Lee
05-28-2008, 02:00 PM
:haha: That dropshot of death by Nole. At least it's 40-0 and he's up a set and a break.

Lee
05-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Get the job done in 80 minutes. 0 break points for his opponents. Will face either Odesnik or Lee (not me :p) in 3rd round.

aeronatasha
05-28-2008, 03:01 PM
I saw the match. It was over in a heartbeat. Novak missed only one overhead I think :o, it was out by an inch.

He was lethal otherwise. Service - great, fh, bh, slice, even a bit of volleying.. famed drop shot. All working like a charm.;)

Truth be told, Lopez didn't put much of a fight. He seemed kinda down from the get go.

Björki
05-28-2008, 04:00 PM
easy one :cool: :yeah:

*Ljubica*
05-28-2008, 04:32 PM
Novak :worship: My hero :worship: Nice, easy, straightforward match - no grief, no unnecessary stress :) Enjoyed every second of it :) Great practice session too - lots of fun - our Novak showing off a little bit to all the kids there - and they loved him :) He was laughing and having fun with coach and practice partner (Igor Andreev), - and was laughing at me laughing at him - if that makes sense! A great day :) Btw - random comment - he should wear blue more often - it really suits him :inlove:

Jelena - thanks for the nice words :hug:

Jess :awww: I was sad about poor Viktor too - the crowd were so nasty to him too :sobbing:

Herdwick - you always make me laugh :hug: ............"propinquity be hanged" :lol: Hope you had a great weekend away by the way :)

Bye bye from Paris :hug:

amdany
05-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Get the job done in 80 minutes. 0 break points for his opponents. Will face either Odesnik or Lee (not me :p) in 3rd round.

:lol:

:wavey:Rose, thanks for this little report:hug:

Manon
05-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Rossie > :hug:

but-it's-ok
05-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Todays performance was Nole playing the way he plays at his best - ruthless, efficient, entertaining, audacious, cheeky:worship::worship: Odesnik next. Good luck Nole:hug:

Herdwick
05-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Reduced to sneaky pr0xying at work on TTC so didn't see that much of today's match but what I did see looked terrific. Also great to see him playing in a packed court and getting some real crowd support too.

Rosie - sounds like you had a terrific day and no rain. Are you there for the whole tournament?

savesthedizzle
05-29-2008, 01:22 AM
Novak :worship: My hero :worship: Nice, easy, straightforward match - no grief, no unnecessary stress :) Enjoyed every second of it :) Great practice session too - lots of fun - our Novak showing off a little bit to all the kids there - and they loved him :) He was laughing and having fun with coach and practice partner (Igor Andreev), - and was laughing at me laughing at him - if that makes sense! A great day :) Btw - random comment - he should wear blue more often - it really suits him :inlove:

Jelena - thanks for the nice words :hug:

Jess :awww: I was sad about poor Viktor too - the crowd were so nasty to him too :sobbing:

Herdwick - you always make me laugh :hug: ............"propinquity be hanged" :lol: Hope you had a great weekend away by the way :)

Bye bye from Paris :hug:

They were nasty to Viktor? NASTY? Not just loud?

Back to calling French Toast, Freedom Toast I go :) (Not like I ever did that in the first place.. :rolls: )

*Ljubica*
05-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Jess - yes, sadly they were nasty to him :sad: I hated them - mostly on the first day (Monday). They were loud too, but Viktor was getting a little excited at times, and they were booing him for trying to get himself psyched up :tears: He is sooooo sweet though, and was adorable in today's doubles match. I tried to take some photos of the hottest doubles pairing in tennis :lol: But sadly when Janko walked out on court he said "hello, how are you" to me, and I turned into such a stupid fangirl I hardly stopped shaking for the entire match. I was also sitting next to Dusan Vemic and in front of this whole group of coaches, so taking too many fangirl photos was a bit :o After the match, Janko thanked me for all my support, and Viktor was standing there looking kind of cute talking to this girl - don't know who she was - just a friend I think. Boy can he talk too - no one else could get a word in :lol:

Herdwick - no - sadly I am not here all tournament :sad: I come home on Saturday evening and back to work on Monday :spit: Hope to see Nole play (and practice) again tomorrow, and at least one more Janko/Viktor pracice (if not a match) before have to leave RG late afternoon on Saturday.

OK - best to go back out now the rain has stopped and try and cheer on Safin and Robredo who is playing the evil Marc Gicquel, who beat Viktor :sad:

savesthedizzle
05-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Jess - yes, sadly they were nasty to him :sad: I hated them - mostly on the first day (Monday). They were loud too, but Viktor was getting a little excited at times, and they were booing him for trying to get himself psyched up :tears: He is sooooo sweet though, and was adorable in today's doubles match. I tried to take some photos of the hottest doubles pairing in tennis :lol: But sadly when Janko walked out on court he said "hello, how are you" to me, and I turned into such a stupid fangirl I hardly stopped shaking for the entire match. I was also sitting next to Dusan Vemic and in front of this whole group of coaches, so taking too many fangirl photos was a bit :o After the match, Janko thanked me for all my support, and Viktor was standing there looking kind of cute talking to this girl - don't know who she was - just a friend I think. Boy can he talk too - no one else could get a word in :lol:

Herdwick - no - sadly I am not here all tournament :sad: I come home on Saturday evening and back to work on Monday :spit: Hope to see Nole play (and practice) again tomorrow, and at least one more Janko/Viktor pracice (if not a match) before have to leave RG late afternoon on Saturday.

OK - best to go back out now the rain has stopped and try and cheer on Safin and Robredo who is playing the evil Marc Gicquel, who beat Viktor :sad:

Aww :inlove:

Boo to the French. :ras: Being mean to the Pants :armed:

Lee
05-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Aww :inlove:

Boo to the French. :ras: Being mean to the Pants :armed:

;) That kind of rhymes.

The hottest doubles pair won today :rocker2:

savesthedizzle
05-29-2008, 03:53 PM
;) That kind of rhymes.

The hottest doubles pair won today :rocker2:

Yes they did :rolls: And did you see what Adam posted in the chat thread? Almost the exact same thing I said here that if they played at the USO I would die :haha: :haha:

Lee
05-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Yes they did :rolls: And did you see what Adam posted in the chat thread? Almost the exact same thing I said here that if they played at the USO I would die :haha: :haha:

I read that and kind of think, "Did he lurk in Nole's forum here?" :haha:

Lee
05-29-2008, 09:02 PM
After enough complain from Nadal, his 3rd round match will be 2nd on Lenglen while Nole's the last one.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that Nole will be able to finish his 3rd round match tomorrow. :tape:

Herdwick
05-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Just back from a nice evening; 3 courses and a very good Grüner Veltliner.

So thanks to Rosie - glad you're having fun and do appreciate the enthusiastic and idiosyncratic reports for those of us who cannot be there. He's 4th on SL tomorrow - look forward to news from the front line.

Frankly, you are the life and soul of this thread - you put the rest of us to shame. Come on people - we must do better. And where are the massed ranks of the Jelenas? We are lacking Serbian support badly.

kirkicica
05-29-2008, 09:23 PM
I'm here :wavey:
but I hardy have time to watch tennis :sad:, neither I can follow live scores from work. So all I can do is come home in the evening and check the scores. :sobbing:

Herdwick
05-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Jelena - hello, good evening and welcome:wavey:

Am starting to worry that Srdjan's malign influence is putting people off Nole and driving the Serbs away.

But I forget; you're all out partying in Belgrade 24/7 so it's only us repressed Brits who come here:sad:.

kirkicica
05-29-2008, 09:33 PM

Am starting to worry that Srdjan's malign influence is putting people off Nole and driving the Serbs away.

But I forget; you're all out partying in Belgrade 24/7 so it's only us repressed Brits who come here:sad:.

nahhhh, srdjan doesn't bother me at all. I mean, I do think he's a jerk, but i don't judge people by their parents. My support for Novak has nothing to do with his insane family.

Partying??? I wish :sobbing:

and you, Brits are doing an awesome job :kiss:

Lee
05-29-2008, 09:40 PM

True fan of Nole won't be driven away by Srdjan ;)

Herdwick
05-29-2008, 09:57 PM
True fan of Nole won't be driven away by Srdjan ;)

Another stalwart!:wavey:

Do wonder how many Serbs are true fans though? OK, Nole's flavour of the month in Serbia now but much more like Srdjan's recent RTS commentator incident will do him no favours. Public opinion is very fickle...

kirkicica
05-29-2008, 10:01 PM

Do wonder how many Serbs are true fans though? OK, Nole's flavour of the month in Serbia now but much more like Srdjan's recent RTS commentator incident will do him no favours. Public opinion is very fickle...
no idea, really..
all I know is that srdjan isn't really a very popular and loved guy.

Herdwick
05-29-2008, 10:12 PM
no idea, really..
all I know is that srdjan isn't really a very popular and loved guy.

Hmm - figures - everything I read suggests this is the case. Gather an uncle got involved too though - hope it's not spreading through the family.

And why aren't you out partying? Any PR we get here re Belgrade - and we've had a fair bit thanks to Eurovision (great show BTW and really liked your song)- suggests that none of you ever sleep and you're all out dancing madly on riverboats! Are you saying this is just journalistic hyperbole...:(

Lee
05-29-2008, 10:14 PM

You are awesome yourself :wavey:

:shrug: When you rise up in the ATP ranking like Nole did, it's no surprise that there are many bandwagon fans.

camnation
05-29-2008, 10:15 PM

Thank you for your updates! I went back and read all of them, they're very interesting! Great to hear you're having a great time there!!!! (Dima exclamation marks!!) :hug:

Herdwick
05-29-2008, 10:18 PM
You are awesome yourself :wavey:

:shrug: When you rise up in the ATP ranking like Nole did, it's no surprise that there are many bandwagon fans.

Sorry - bit loquacious tonight. Will go and have a bath and revert to cynical misanthropy tomorrow.

Night all.

kirkicica
05-29-2008, 10:19 PM
Hmm - figures - everything I read suggests this is the case. Gather an uncle got involved too though - hope it's not spreading through the family.

And why aren't you out partying? Any PR we get here re Belgrade - and we've had a fair bit thanks to Eurovision (great show BTW and really liked your song)- suggests that none of you ever sleep and you're all out dancing madly on riverboats! Are you saying this is just journalistic hyperbole...:(

Well, belgrade is alive 24/7, but id doesn't mean ALL of us are party maniacs. I'm not really fond of riverboats. Overcrowded madhouses are not my cup of tea. Gosh, i'm old :lol: So, it's not a hyperbole, it Is true, just not true in my case.

I really, really really hope his family will calm down. They have to. once the public opnion gets against them (and it's not far away, judging by recent comments) they might never hear a good word about them ever again, no matter what they do to fix it.

Lee
05-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Sorry - bit loquacious tonight. Will go and have a bath and revert to cynical misanthropy tomorrow.

Night all.

I was the same last night ;)

Have to go too as my son's friend invite him for a sleep over. *sigh* Put on the chauffeur's hat.

savesthedizzle
05-29-2008, 11:07 PM
I was the same last night ;)

Have to go too as my son's friend invite him for a sleep over. *sigh* Put on the chauffeur's hat.

At least the sleep over isn't at your house ;)

Manon
05-29-2008, 11:33 PM

Can I answer?

Serbia is small country, we used to see all possible world shamps from Serbia in basketball, watterpolo, volleyball...but our tennis players, Novak especially grouped all Serbian citizens (we had about 26 nationalities). Total admiration & proudness is above all.

We had been at 'present state of admiration mind' as now just once before. Monica Seles was reason. I rememeber these years very well (most of us I persume). Her winnings at majors had been watched around whole former Yugoslavia. Streets were empty....you can only imagine.

Back to Srdjan - Kirkicica is quitte right. A very few people cares about Srdjan and his 'famous' statesments. But, to be honest, overreacting about Novak, his achievements, goals, results, game are toooo often.

There's no serious analysis in Serbia's journalism, among experts...

Viskovic (THE commentator) seems to finish commentating Novak's matches. In fact he was commentating only Sharapova in 1st.

At the end in a few words - Novak is national treasure.

Manon
05-29-2008, 11:43 PM

Though question. Belgrade would be near your suggest. Outside od capital is quitte diferent. But (my suggest) you have to visit some of your MTF frends, to spend some time in Serbia. I can asure you that you'd be back next year.

Btw, I like your Scotland but, unfortunately I was managed to be there only with my left foot:)

Lee
05-30-2008, 12:02 AM
At least the sleep over isn't at your house ;)

Was the last 2 times :haha:

savesthedizzle
05-30-2008, 12:14 AM
Was the last 2 times :haha:

Then it is definitely someone else's turn :rolls: :hug:

Jelena_78
05-30-2008, 11:19 AM

Naaah,no way. We (at least I) don't care about Srdjan.

This was just warming up...I expect things to get tougher from round 4.
I'm pretty satisfied how he played till now, except that one set when he needed some time to wake up against Gremelmayr, who was solid.
I watch all the matches of our boys and girls, and also few other that are interesting, and then I'm busy working and studying inbetween. I'm not that excited yet,and that will totally change from Sunday.

Ajde Nole!!! :rocker2:

camnation
05-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Anyone watching this match live? My stupid coverage is showing the PHM match... argh! Lame livescoring for me right now...

Lee
05-30-2008, 03:51 PM
I think Wayne just called for trainer. But it seems Nole doesn't expect how tough his opponent today. :p

arm
05-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Eurosport :mad::mad: :smash:

They are transmiting the Verdasco - Youzhny match.

:mad::mad:

How is he doing?

Lee
05-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Trainer is out to massage Odesnik's right groin area.

arm
05-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Verdasco'smatch is about to end.

I am crossing my fingers! Please, transmit Nole, please Eurosport. :angel:

Lee
05-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Interesting, after an injury timeout, Wayne broke back with Nole serving for the set. :lol:

arm
05-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Great! I am watching it.

Lee
05-30-2008, 04:04 PM
Nole is not at his best, he may need more time to warm up :rolleyes:

camnation
05-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Great! I am watching it.
Me too! Yay! :D

Lee
05-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Ace to finish off the first set :yeah:

camnation
05-30-2008, 04:22 PM
The applause the crowd is giving Nole is so weak. :(

Lee
05-30-2008, 04:29 PM
BREAK!!!

he better hold his serve :tape:

arm
05-30-2008, 04:31 PM
EUROSPORT :mad::mad::mad::mad:

They stopped transmiting Djokovic to transmit Tursunov playing Chardy.

arm
05-30-2008, 04:33 PM
back with Nole :)

Lee
05-30-2008, 04:54 PM
No need to :angel:

Lee
05-30-2008, 04:54 PM
He's mighty ticked in this match.

camnation
05-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Dohhh... they switched back to the PHM match. :sad:

Lee
05-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Nole serving for the 2nd set. He could not put a first serve in and was down 0-30. Then, thanks to the HUGE donation from Wayne, back to 30-30. Then serve a huge first serve to make it 40-30. He's been bouncing the ball a lot this match and finally, when he ready to serve, Wayne walked away :haha: That stops Nole and he walked to get his towel himself. :rolls: Then, his 1st serve was into the net but he managed to win the point and the set.

Lee
05-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Unless using p r o x y, Canadians can't get the stream :awww:

camnation
05-30-2008, 05:04 PM
camnation, the Tennis Channel website is streaming the entire Novak match.
Thank you, but I have to limit my internet consumption coz my family keeps going over our limit of 60 gigs a month, then we have to pay extra lol. So I must be strong!

elessar
05-30-2008, 05:20 PM
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: Novak trained at my tennis club tuesday morning, there's even a pic of him with my coaches :sad: sad day for me. Apparently he was very nice though :tape:
http://www.courbevoiest.com/page.php/fr/169_375.htm

http://www.courbevoiest.com/albums/mpa_14/pictures/p1212138709.jpg

arm
PHM now..

Why can't they follow an entire match and forget about the others????

arm
thanks elessar!

Lee
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: Novak trained at my tennis club this morning there's even a pic of him with my coaches :sad: sad day for me. Apparently he was very nice though :tape:
http://www.courbevoiest.com/page.php/fr/169_375.htm

http://www.courbevoiest.com/albums/mpa_14/pictures/p1212138709.jpg

You should be proud, Claire! Very proud of being associated with him :lol:

Lee
Hopefully, this is the one match/tournament that really annoys the hell out of Nole that he could hit thru and be a better player afterward.

arm
05-30-2008, 05:22 PM
Let's hope he is saving energy, Lee!

camnation
05-30-2008, 05:25 PM
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: Novak trained at my tennis club tuesday morning, there's even a pic of him with my coaches :sad: sad day for me. Apparently he was very nice though :tape:
You SHOULD be sad... you missed your chance to see him in person. :sad::D

elessar
05-30-2008, 05:28 PM
You SHOULD be sad... you missed your chance to see him in person. :sad::D
I am very sad...on the inside :sad:

This place is tainted for me now :( Apparently he arrived there without booking a court first, how come it never works when I do that :mad:

camnation
05-30-2008, 05:30 PM
:lol: They keep replaying a sped-up version of Novak bouncing the ball over and over again on the giant screens during the changeovers, and Novak just laughed and gave the thumbs-up sign to the crowd.
Lol, people are so obsessed with his ball-bouncing. :D

Lee
05-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Let's hope he is saving energy, Lee!

At least it's a good warmup to play against a pesky lefty. ;) Odesnik is playing very well today and Nole was not prepared for this. But I think he finally worn Wayne out. Just remember the other lefty he may face in later rounds is a very different matter :tape:

Lee
05-30-2008, 05:31 PM
:lol: They keep replaying a sped-up version of Novak bouncing the ball over and over again on the giant screens during the changeovers, and Novak just laughed and gave the thumbs-up sign to the crowd.

And the cameramen keep looking for women with tight clothes or very little :rolleyes:

arm
05-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Hell, it is a very different matter. But he is already training for that.. And saving energy.. :p

I am so pissed off. Really, Eurosport :smash:..

Lee
05-30-2008, 05:35 PM
I am very sad...on the inside :sad:

This place is tainted for me now :( Apparently he arrived there without booking a court first, how come it never works when I do that :mad:

:hug: You need to demand the same treatment from your club like Nole :(

Lee
05-30-2008, 05:36 PM
That's an incredible pick up from Nole :inlove:

camnation
05-30-2008, 05:37 PM
It looks like the match is almost over and they're still not showing it...

arm
05-30-2008, 05:38 PM
It looks like the match is almost over and they're still not showing it...

Be angry with me. :mad::mad::mad:

I mean not with me, with Eurosport. let's just be angry together! :lol:

Lee
05-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Match point, get it done Nole!

Lee
05-30-2008, 05:41 PM
A huge unreturned serve down the T and got the job down. ;)

arm
05-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Nole :bounce::kiss:

Lee
He handled the ball bouncing on big screen incident well and the crowd is OK with him. :lol:

savesthedizzle
I hope it's Schwank :hearts: that he plays. :lol:

camnation
05-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Be angry with me. :mad::mad::mad:

I mean not with me, with Eurosport. let's just be angry together! :lol:
Oh well, even though it sucks that we didn't get to watch let's just be happy that Nole won in straights.

But yes, anger is still okay. :mad::mad::mad:

arm
05-30-2008, 05:44 PM
I just hope next time Eurosport transmits the WHOLE match.

arm
05-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Oh well, even though it sucks that we didn't get to watch let's just be happy that Nole won in straights.

But yes, anger is still okay. :mad::mad::mad:

ok :)

:bounce:

elessar
05-30-2008, 05:49 PM
:hug: You need to demand the same treatment from your club like Nole :(
I will :mad: But first I'm gonna go see Eric (the guy on the right with the ridiculous haircut) and tell him he's a traitor.

Well done to Nole for overcoming the american WC BTW :worship: :p

camnation
Good reception for Novak from the crowd, he goofed around on his ball bouncing again before hitting it into the stands.
Hey arm, see the kinds of things we miss because of our stupid TV coverage? I'm angry again. :mad::mad::mad:

Lee
Good reception for Novak from the crowd, he goofed around on his ball bouncing again before hitting it into the stands. The crowd seems to enjoy him, it probably helps that his parents aren't around to annoy people. :help:

Scoreline is deceptive, Wayno gave Novak a bigger workout than expected. Our B-squad Americans did well on clay this week. :)

I don't like Wayne but he really give Nole a very hard time. The last set, probably because Wayne is tired and he doesn't believe he could come back from 2 sets and a break down but he still fight.

elessar
05-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Good reception for Novak from the crowd, he goofed around on his ball bouncing again before hitting it into the stands. The crowd seems to enjoy him, it probably helps that his parents aren't around to annoy people. :help:

Yes, He's certainly not as well known as Rafa or Roger but all the people I talked to who know him seem to like him :sad: As long as he's careful not to antagonize anyone when/if he plays PHM or/and Llodra he shoul be OK ;)

arm
Hey arm, see the kinds of things we miss because of our stupid TV coverage? I'm angry again. :mad::mad::mad:

I told you! :mad::mad::mad: And these portuguese commentators make me go crazy too.

:mad:

I can't believe we lost that!

Lee
I will :mad: But first I'm gonna go see Eric (the guy on the right with the ridiculous haircut) and tell him he's a traitor.

Well done to Nole for overcoming the american WC BTW :worship: :p

Wayne will be in top 50 soon. Mark my words!

savesthedizzle
05-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Schwank needs to teach Novak how to drop shot better :hearts: No drop shot of doom from him.

Lee
05-30-2008, 05:54 PM
I hope it's Schwank :hearts: that he plays. :lol:

Although I like Paulo to win, but it will be easier for Nole if it's Schwank. Two 5 setters and one 4 setters.

savesthedizzle
05-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Although I like Paulo to win, but it will be easier for Nole if it's Schwank. Two 5 setters and one 4 setters.

Schwank seems to have a bit left in the tank <----kinda rhymes :)

We'll see how this goes. But what I do want is a 5th set, regardless of who wins ;)

Lee
05-30-2008, 05:58 PM
I hear you :lol: And there's a very good chance.

Lee
05-30-2008, 05:58 PM
That's a beautiful backhand dtl by Paulo :awww:

arm
05-30-2008, 05:59 PM

To be honest, I think it's more the other way around..

savesthedizzle
05-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Oh man what a shot :worship:

Lee
05-30-2008, 06:04 PM
To be honest, I think it's more the other way around..

But Schwank will be very tired. He won his last 3 challenger in 4 weeks, then he had to win 3 qualifying matches to get to the main draw in Roland Garros.

He's cramping again I think but he's fighting for his life.

Jelena_78
05-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Nole :clap2:

He'll need to play really well in round 4.
So, it's against PHM :unsure: and home crowd. And Wilander :spit:
This was the first time I had chance to see Edu play. :worship:
Ajde!

Lee
05-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Finally, it's Paulo who's facing Nole in round 4.

savesthedizzle
05-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Nole :clap2:

He'll need to play really well in round 4.
So, it's against PHM :unsure: and home crowd. And Wilander :spit:
This was the first time I had chance to see Edu play. :worship:
Ajde!

I saw a few pieces of his other matches. PHM :yeah:

But now we will have to deal with the crowd :tape:

Schawnk :hearts: Can't wait to see him at the USO :D

elessar
05-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Claire, are you attending any of the RG matches? I haven't been following the chat threads lately so if you've already said so I missed it.

btw, I'm thissuperclose to jumping on Llodra's bandwagon, I don't know how I missed that guy but I think he's terrific! I might start posting in his forum soon too so BEWARE! :p

Is it my imagination or are there an awful lot of french players at RG this year? Every time I turn on the streams or ESPN there is a french player on. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I went to Rg on monday and tuesday, the only days when it rained of course but I saw Rogigoat playing so :hearts: and almost all my favs at practice or on court ;)

Llodra is awesome :lol: he's pretty hilarious too. Do you guys get to see the vids of players in the lockerroom or not ? Because he started a water fight today after his match with all the french players :spit:

Lots of frenchies who bought balls and won 5 setters (even Paulo :hearts:) and lots of WCs = plenty of french players in fourth round on the men's side that is :tape:

amdany
05-30-2008, 06:16 PM
well done Nole:worship: and good luck against Paulo:)

arm
05-30-2008, 06:17 PM
You're probably right, Lee. But PHM is the type of player I would never put my money on. Never.

(Used to say the same thing about Wawrinka. See how wrong I am sometimes? =/)

*Ljubica*
05-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Good evening from sunny Paris :wavey:

Novak, my darling - please will you concentrate a little more in your next match - and no more dropshots of death :help:

I didn't really enjoy that match until the end of the last set :lol: Too stressful for me - I like him to win easy :lol:

Maybe the TV was deceiving, but I was in Suzanne Lenglen Court, and the crowd were very nice to our boy :) They certainly seem to like him here in all his practice sessions, - so many people crowding round, and he is so nice to them. He spent hours signing for all the kids after his session this morning.

Have loads to tell, but my time here on this Internet connection is short. And, of course, tomorrow I go home :bigcry: Will spend the afternoon at RG - hope to get a final chance to :drool: over Janko, but I have to leave at 4.00pm at the latest to catch my Eurostar home. So guess I'll next be here on Sunday afternoon, after I've unpacked, done some washing, - and given some attention to my man so that he doesn't think I'm going to run off and leave him for half of Roland Garros :lol:

Claire - thanks for the photo - pity we didn't get to meet earlier in the week - I could have joined your coach in persuading you just what a complete darling Nole is :lol:

OK - I need a drink, so bye for now - be back in a couple of days :wavey:

arm
05-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Rosie :hug:

Good to know your enjoying your stay in Paris. When you come back we want a complete report!

Miss you :hug:

elessar
05-30-2008, 06:22 PM
No. :lol: I didn't see that. I hope somebody puts it up on YouTube.

Yay, you saw RogiGoat, I hope you didn't embarrass yourself. ;) :hug:

PHM vs Nole should be very interesting.

All I've got is this ATM :spit: but I'll try to find it later because I need to go out and I'm SO late :unsure:
http://roland-garros.france2.fr/index-fr.php?page=videos&id_rubrique=28&id_article=749

Nah I didn't embarass myself I'm sure he liked my "I love you Roger marry me" banner :hearts:

Rosie sorry I missed you, I'll PM you when I come back :lol:

Lee
05-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Rosie, have a safe trip home.

Scotso
05-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Nice win for Nole today. It was a pretty entertaining match, a lot of amazing shots from both players.

It's nice that he was tested in this round a little, I think.

Manon
05-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Maybe the TV was deceiving, but I was in Suzanne Lenglen Court, and the crowd were very nice to our boy :)

Eurosport spot on one blond beauty and a few times 'zoooooming' her. Who knows :hug:

arm
05-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Eurosport spot on one blond beauty and a few times 'zoooooming' her. Who knows :hug:

True. Everytime they zoomed a blonde woman I wondered if it could be Rose. :)

but-it's-ok
05-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Good evening from sunny Paris :wavey:

Novak, my darling - please will you concentrate a little more in your next match - and no more dropshots of death :help:

I didn't really enjoy that match until the end of the last set :lol: Too stressful for me - I like him to win easy :lol:

Maybe the TV was deceiving, but I was in Suzanne Lenglen Court, and the crowd were very nice to our boy :) They certainly seem to like him here in all his practice sessions, - so many people crowding round, and he is so nice to them. He spent hours signing for all the kids after his session this morning.

Have loads to tell, but my time here on this Internet connection is short. And, of course, tomorrow I go home :bigcry: Will spend the afternoon at RG - hope to get a final chance to :drool: over Janko, but I have to leave at 4.00pm at the latest to catch my Eurostar home. So guess I'll next be here on Sunday afternoon, after I've unpacked, done some washing, - and given some attention to my man so that he doesn't think I'm going to run off and leave him for half of Roland Garros :lol:

Claire - thanks for the photo - pity we didn't get to meet earlier in the week - I could have joined your coach in persuading you just what a complete darling Nole is :lol:

OK - I need a drink, so bye for now - be back in a couple of days :wavey:

Rose:hug: So glad you have enjoyed yourself. Safe trip home, take care, you've been missed by us all in here.

I think Nole is doing just fine. The key thing is he's not expending too much energy but being tested enough to produce his best when needed and thats the bottom line. Adje Nole:worship:

Manon
05-31-2008, 02:28 PM
Good job at work today - JJ , Zimonjic/Nestor, Troicki/Tipsarevic!

Jelena_78
05-31-2008, 02:58 PM
Good job at work today - JJ , Zimonjic/Nestor, Troicki/Tipsarevic!

+ Vemic/Soares :)

:banana:

Lee
05-31-2008, 03:02 PM
And Vemic/Soares just won their doubles.

Lee
05-31-2008, 03:03 PM
Jelena beat me to that :p

Jelena_78
05-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Jelena beat me to that :p

Never mind, twice is even better :)

Lee
05-31-2008, 03:11 PM
More the merrier :banana:

Manon
05-31-2008, 03:16 PM
+ Vemic/Soares :)

:banana:

I didn't know.

:worship: to all of them.

Thanks.

Jelena_78
05-31-2008, 05:30 PM
And to end this day in style, Zimonjic/Srebotnik advanced to r2 :)

Nole, good luck tomorrow!!! :clap2:
Ajde!

I'm already nervous :unsure:

Manon
05-31-2008, 05:41 PM
Srebotnik lives her dream these days.

xargon
05-31-2008, 07:21 PM
Firstly, Odesnik has a huge forehand. I think Djokovic was a little surprised with its power, and Wayne's backhand was also very solid. He didn't give away too many free points to Djokovic, who had to earn then - and he didn't look very pleased at how he was doing it some of the time.

To me, the match was a little bizarre - you could see Djokovic taking a quick lead, and then failing to crush his opponent at key moments, or to take key points. Novak got truly annoyed with himself some of the time - this wasn't Djoko/Caesar from Rome, just the good centurion who gets the job done on the basis of experience ;)

At one point when Djokovic was about to serve for the second set, and he was bouncing the ball (again) too many times, Odesnik just took more time to get ready to receive. Novak was really annoyed that someone dared to do this, and complained to the umpire, part joking, and part in irritation. Three games later, during the third set, the screens on the court showed a minute and a half of Novak just bouncing the ball. He was watching the screen with an expression that said "No way! How dare they mock my ball bouncing!", but he was obviously amused all the same. That's probably why he bounced the ball many times after he finished his match - he's a true joker ;)
http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/index.html

Jelena_78
05-31-2008, 08:01 PM
Chatrier 11am

1) A.Ivanovic - P.Cetkovska
2) J.Jankovic - A.Radwanska
3) N.Djokovic - P.H.Mathieu

:rocker2:

savesthedizzle
05-31-2008, 08:03 PM
Good... two girls matches should go quick I hope because I have to leave my house in the morning to go to NYC :tape: I'll probably only get to see the first set :awww:

camnation
06-01-2008, 02:16 AM
Yay, since Nole is facing a Frenchman then they have to guarrantee coverage of the match without switching around from match to match, right arm? :D:D:D:D No more :mad::mad::mad::mad: for us this time (let's hope)!

arm
06-01-2008, 09:17 AM
right camnation! I'm hoping so! :D

Herdwick
06-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Morning Arm - what are you planning to watch it on?

*Ljubica*
06-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Morning :wavey: I'm home............ and all I can say is thank God for BBC Interractive (sorry Herdwick - guess it's a red button thing :o ) Hope you can all watch it somewhere. I have such a bad feeling about this match too :sad: All those damned Frenchies screaming at my poor little Novak, and I'm not there to protect him :awww:

Herdwick
06-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Morning :wavey: I'm home............ and all I can say is thank God for BBC Interractive (sorry Herdwick - guess it's a red button thing :o ) Hope you can all watch it somewhere. I have such a bad feeling about this match too :sad: Al those damned Frenchies screaming at my poor little Novak, and I'm not there to protect him :awww:

Morning Petal - welcome back. No need to ask if you had a great time ;). It's been terribly quiet here without you. Thanks heavens BBCi has just appeared here - albeit late - so am settling down in front of Jankovic.

Am also nervous but keep telling myself Mathieu - who I quite like anyway - has no big match temperament whatsoever. Also Nole is learning (sadly) to thrive on the crowd being against him.

*Ljubica*
06-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Morning Petal - welcome back. No need to ask if you had a great time ;). It's been terribly quiet here without you. Thanks heavens BBCi has just appeared here - albeit late - so am settling down in front of Jankovic.

Am also nervous but keep telling myself Mathieu - who I quite like anyway - has no big match temperament whatsoever. Also Nole is learning (sadly) to thrive on the crowd being against him.

:wavey: Glad you will be able to see it - hope Jelena can win 6-0, 6-0 like Ana did, so we can get Nole on court :)

Know what you mean about Nole getting used to the crowd being against him, and it's always the same for people playing a French player in Paris, - but I hope he gets some support :awww: As for PHM - I think his temperament has improved a lot since he began working with Wilander, who is quite a calming influence I think.

I missed you too - and everyone here - but, you're right - I did have a great time .............now back to reality - unpacking, washing, ironing :spit: and work tomorrow :sad:

As for being quiet - when I was a child, I was always being told off for talking too much:tape: Seems I haven't changed :lol:

Herdwick
06-01-2008, 10:52 AM
:wavey: Glad you will be able to see it - hope Jelena can win 6-0, 6-0 like Ana did, so we can get Nole on court :)

Know what you mean about Nole getting used to the crowd being against him, and it's always the same for people playing a French player in Paris, - but I hope he gets some support :awww: As for PHM - I think his temperament has improved a lot since he began working with Wilander, who is quite a calming influence I think.

I missed you too - and everyone here - but, you're right - I did have a great time .............now back to reality - unpacking, washing, ironing :spit: and work tomorrow :sad:

As for being quiet - when I was a child, I was always being told off for talking too much:tape: Seems I haven't changed :lol:

Jelena looking good thus far after early wobbles. You've got Rafa to look forward to too :devil: weather permitting. Back down to earth then... comes to us all.

If you haven't read the article in yesterday's Telegraph (see separate thread) then do - I found it interesting.

pookykiki
06-01-2008, 10:59 AM
I am scared about the match against PHM. Nole have to play better than the other round if he wants to win.
Hope you have a great time in Paris Rosie. I am dispointed beacause I will arrive tomorrow at RG and I was wondering if I could recognize you. :lol:

*Ljubica*
06-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Jelena looking good thus far after early wobbles. You've got Rafa to look forward to too :devil: weather permitting. Back down to earth then... comes to us all.

If you haven't read the article in yesterday's Telegraph (see separate thread) then do - I found it interesting.

Rafa :spit: That will be time to do some vacuuming I think :devil: And - yes -I will go and have a look at the article - takes ages to catch up with MTF sometimes :lol:

*Ljubica*
06-01-2008, 11:03 AM
I am scared about the match against PHM. Nole have to play better than the other round if he wants to win.
Hope you have a great time in Paris Rosie. I am dispointed beacause I will arrive tomorrow at RG and I was wondering if I could recognize you. :lol:

:awww: Sorry to have missed you :sad: Hope you have a great time at RG :)

arm
06-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Rose!! :hug: :wavey:

Good to have you back.

Camnation, Eurosport is transmiting motos and then they will transmit bikes again! :mad::mad::mad: There's no way I am going to be able to watch Nole playing.. :mad::sad::crying2:

arm
06-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Morning Arm - what are you planning to watch it on?

I won't be wahing! :crying2:

Eurosport :mad:

I'm sorry I am only answering you now, but I was studying. :angel:

*Ljubica*
06-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Raquel :hug: Can't you find a livestream anywhere? :awww:

arm
06-01-2008, 11:33 AM
:shrug: There are some streams bu only for USA/canada residents. And I have no idea what a p roxy is! :o:o:o:o

Anyway, my father will force to come with them (father, mother, sister) and have lunch at my grandmom's. (We do it every Sunday, and last Sunday when we were about to leave home Djokovic had just lost the first set. So, I informed my father "There's no way I am leaving home when Djokovic is losing his first match at RG.")

So I have no chance today, I really have to joined them at my grandmom's. :(

*Ljubica*
06-01-2008, 11:40 AM
:shrug: There are some streams bu only for USA/canada residents. And I have no idea what a p roxy is! :o:o:o:o

Anyway, my father will force to come with them (father, mother, sister) and have lunch at my grandmom's. (We do it every Sunday, and last Sunday when we were about to leave home Djokovic had just lost the first set. So, I informed my father "There's no way I am leaving home when Djokovic is losing his first match at RG.")

So I have no chance today, I really have to joined them at my grandmom's. :(

:awww: Well maybe it is better than suffering - and I fear this match will be one to suffer :unsure: Hope you have a nice family lunch - and - hopefully, by the time you get home - Nole will have won:) I remain ever hopeful:)

Herdwick
06-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Well if you don't have to go out then http://www.rojadirecta.com/ - I-Cable Sports link through Sopcast is currently showing Chatrier - pretty good stream and English commentary. But I guess your family may call louder...we'll cheer him on for you though.

arm
06-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Thank you Herdwick :hug::hug::worship:

And thank you Rose. :hug:

I am still going to have go, but as soon as I finish eating, I'm coming home. And running! (I live 5 minutes from my grandparents.)

Rose, it's going to be easier than you think. ;)

Herdwick
06-01-2008, 11:53 AM
You can double-click to get it to full-screen as well. Anyway, have a nice lunch.

arm
06-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Thanks again. :hug:

JJ and Ivanovic :mad: Their matches should have lasted longer so that I could watch Djokovic's match.

It's time for me to leave. :wavey:

Talk to you in a couple hours. :hug:

Ajde :)

EDIT: I thought JJ match had already ended! there's sill the chance of a 3rd st, I guess. :wavey:

savesthedizzle
06-01-2008, 12:32 PM
:yawn: I'm sleepy but I have about 2 hours before I have to go :)

Ajde Nole!

Herdwick
06-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Right - just on to court now. Ajde Nole!

Edge of seat time people...

*Ljubica*
06-01-2008, 12:38 PM
They're out on court - I'm off to watch properly:) Ajde Nole - please win this :hug:

Manon
06-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Welcome back Rose :hug:

savesthedizzle
06-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Stupid TTC :rolleyes: NBC has rights to the Novak match so I won't get to see it :sad: Just scoreboard for me :awww:

pookykiki
06-01-2008, 01:11 PM
As Nole is playing agaisnt a french guy I can see the match on french television. It's cool but I have to bear the french commentators...

Lee
06-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Welcome back Rosie!

:smash: NBC! Why don't they just pick Nadal's match :sobbing:

Lee
06-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Thanks Tangy! :lol: Where's the ball?

Ivanovic, Jankovic, Zimonjic/Nestor and Vemic/Soares all won.

arm
06-01-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm back! :)

savesthedizzle
06-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Thanks Tangy! :lol: Where's the ball?

Ivanovic, Jankovic, Zimonjic/Nestor and Vemic/Soares all won.

Let's not stop the trend ;)

Lee
06-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Let's not stop the trend ;)

And Llodra lost ;)

Herdwick
06-01-2008, 01:37 PM
6-4!! That last game is why I love him - cracking stuff!

arm
06-01-2008, 01:39 PM

Just the same stuff he did with Fish. :)

savesthedizzle
06-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I hate NBC :bigcry: And 99% of streams don't work on Macs, so I don't even bother :mad:

Lee
06-01-2008, 01:42 PM
One down, two to go! :scared:

For a mental giant like Paulo, having triple bps and your opponent managed to serve out the set will be a great help :devil:

arm
06-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Lee, you :devil:

arm
06-01-2008, 01:54 PM
rain :mad:

Lee
06-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Rain Delay :fiery:

Herdwick
06-01-2008, 01:56 PM
For a mental giant like Paulo, having triple bps and your opponent managed to serve out the set will be a great help :devil:

Quite:devil:

Shame about the rain...Wilander will get a chance to try to instill fresh belief now.

*Ljubica*
06-01-2008, 02:16 PM

Me too:) I was so angry when he went 0-40 down with that DF, and the crowd roared and laughed :spit: But he got his revenge in the right way -Nole:worship: OK - they're back on court - see you all later :wavey:

Lee
06-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Another 0-40 game :tape: right after he broke PHM

webad
06-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Nole did it again, from 0-40 down!
Vamos Noca!