Novak in Paris - the next chapter in his 2008 adventures! [Archive] - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

Novak in Paris - the next chapter in his 2008 adventures!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 11:02 AM
I do not understand the French - seem to prefer to have lunch rather than watch!

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 11:03 AM
I am home and ready for the match! And I feel confident!

My last school day.. :sad: I had to say goodbye to 2 teachers that I just loved.. :sad:

Another confident one! And it's your big night tonight too isn't it?

arm
06-06-2008, 11:04 AM
I do not understand the French - seem to prefer to have lunch rather than watch!

:shrug:

arm
06-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Yes it is! :)

but-it's-ok
06-06-2008, 11:05 AM
It's people like you who made the Empire great! Wish I could be as optimistic - am just worried he'll get mashed. Rather hoping for rain - at least then he might get some respite.

:awww: thanks. When I first came on MTF I did get into pessimistic periods with the players I follow, but now I always think its best to always try to feel confident in their ability to win any match. After all without them having the confidence and belief in their games and themselves we wouldn't be able to appreciate the players we know and love, cos they would probably be at a very low level if at all:shrug: The bottom line is that Nole will believe he can win, he'll look forward to this challenge, and he knows he has the skill to win.

arm
06-06-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm off to watch the match!

Fingers crossed!!

:hug:

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 11:08 AM
no excuses, every Djokopop will run out after the Djoko win :rocker2:

but I live near the central square of my town :eek::eek::eek:
no regrets :rocker2: a promise is a promise :rocker2:

:rocker2:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 11:09 AM
OK girls - they're out on court :unsure: So I'm off to settle down on the sofa with a cup of tea and suffer :awww:

Oh - and morning Raquel - hope the last day thing wasn't too traumatic :hug:

Enjoy - if that's the right word for it:o And catch you all later :hug:

but-it's-ok
06-06-2008, 11:11 AM
OK girls - they're out on court :unsure: So I'm off to settle down on the sofa with a cup of tea and suffer :awww:

Enjoy - if that's the right word for it:o And catch you all later :hug:

Yes I'm off too.... the only person who will suffer today is Nadal;) Enjoy it Rose, don't get:scared:

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 11:23 AM
I wish I could see what is happening :( :( :( :(

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 11:32 AM
No you don't - he's getting mashed right now...

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 11:37 AM
No you don't - he's getting mashed right now...

:sad: That wasn't how it was supposed to happen :(

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 11:44 AM
:sad: That wasn't how it was supposed to happen :(

In fairytales perhaps but it's what most of us feared. Taking nothing from Nole - he's playing his heart out - but I just don't think Rafa's beatable on clay if he plays like this.

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 11:45 AM
In fairytales perhaps but it's what most of us feared. Taking nothing from Nole - he's playing his heart out - but I just don't think Rafa's beatable on clay if he plays like this.

Where are Rafa's blisters when you need them :rolleyes: :sad: This is so much worse not being to watch.

I'm always pessimistic but then right before the match starts I get a glimmer of hope. :sad:

Well... I'm not giving up on him yet. Tides change. Momentum changes. :awww:

pookykiki
06-06-2008, 11:58 AM
I come here because I need to be zen and read something optimistic! I'm so nervous, I think I'm going ti be sick...

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 12:05 PM
I come here because I need to be zen and read something optimistic! I'm so nervous, I think I'm going ti be sick...

:hug:

Maybe it IS good that I can't watch :tape:

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Sorry - was not and am not optimistic here.

pookykiki
06-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Maybe you're not optimistic but you're good company! :hug:
Btw Nadal is very impressive...

Lee
06-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Nole, forgets all those experts said on MTF :p

I wish I can watch but I am listening to the commentators.

pookykiki
06-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Hummm, I don't like Nole's look. He seems resigned and nervous...

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Think he just wants to get off court - he's gone to the loo now.

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 12:49 PM
I got a stream. This is not good. :tape:

gambit84
06-06-2008, 12:51 PM
needs to become more aggressive. Is the only way

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 12:56 PM
No point getting upset - he's just being beaten by a better player.

On the bright side - next stop Britain. We'll be waiting to welcome him warmly.

Lee
06-06-2008, 12:57 PM
I am trying to be positive. Nole in 2 sets won the same number of games Nadal last 2 opponents won together. :p

gambit84
06-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Jess it's no time to become nudist :p

Miss Runcible
06-06-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm so disappointed in this match - it looks like Novak is barely there. The first serve percentage is, what? 40? Good grief.

Well, this is the first time I'm posting on this side of MTF (hello!) and I wish it were a happier occasion, but... oh dear. I'm having a major off day myself so felt like talking to People Who Understand.

Sob. :tears:

pookykiki
06-06-2008, 01:04 PM
I am trying to be positive. Nole in 2 sets won the same number of games Nadal last 2 opponents won together. :p

You're very wise! :worship:
I only want Novak to win 2 or 3 more games.:angel:

Lee
06-06-2008, 01:06 PM
At least no bagel :tape: Poor guy fought back from 0-40 and still finally lost serve.

Lee
06-06-2008, 01:07 PM
:lol: He finally broke Nadal. :haha: :haha: :haha:

Lee
06-06-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm so disappointed in this match - it looks like Novak is barely there. The first serve percentage is, what? 40? Good grief.

Well, this is the first time I'm posting on this side of MTF (hello!) and I wish it were a happier occasion, but... oh dear. I'm having a major off day myself so felt like talking to People Who Understand.

You're in the right place :)

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Miss Runcible - hello and welcome. I too wish your first foray here could have been under happier circumstances. But most of us here were mentally prepared for him to lose today. It would have been great if he could have played to the standard we saw in Hamburg and done himself more justice but perhaps that was asking too much, given that he hasn't really caught fire this RG.

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 01:16 PM
:hug: Held serve!

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Jess it's no time to become nudist :p

:sad: It's not over yet? :p

Welcome :hug: :sad:

Lee
06-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Next aim, win one more game and he will equal the number of games Bellucci won, i.e. 9 games. ;)

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Wonders of wonders - crowd are actually cheering for Nole!

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Wonders of wonders - crowd are actually cheering for Nole!

Pity cheering :tape:

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Oh indeed, but when's the last time you heard any crowd cheer for him under any circumstances. USO last year I think...

Lee
06-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Oh indeed, but when's the last time you heard any crowd cheer for him under any circumstances. USO last year I think...

He was the underdog that time and so as this time.

pookykiki
06-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Now Novak you have to win this game :angel:

Lee
06-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Nole, please force Nadal to serve for the match. Thank you :angel:

pookykiki
06-06-2008, 01:45 PM
:woohoo: I'm so proud!!! 5-5

Lee
06-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Nole! :yeah: 11 games....

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 01:51 PM
I couldn't stand just looking at the TV screen anymore - I just had to come here briefly and distract myself. Welcome Miss Runcible :hug: I feel so :sad: though - and still sick:awww:

jeahhh!
06-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Omg I am like so into the chat box I'm not paying attention to the match.

but AJDEEEE Nole! :rocker2:

Lee
06-06-2008, 01:57 PM
TB time. First player takes Nadal to TB this year in RG ;)

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Not serving well enough to win the TB I'm afraid. This is your voice of doom speaking.

Lee
06-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Not serving well enough to win the TB I'm afraid. This is your voice of doom speaking.

Wow, I haven't seen such bad TB score for Nole EVER.

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 02:05 PM

Yes - well - doesn't matter how well someone (anyone) plays - Nadal is too physically strong for them - almost "superhuman" :tape: And I will say no more on that particular subject in case I say too much:o

I'm just proud that Nole reached the semi final, defended his points from last year, and justified his seeding. Also glad the crowd cheered for him - just a shame that I doubt any of the ar*eclowns on GM will have anything to say but their usual drivel of "faker" "retire" etc.

Lee
06-06-2008, 02:05 PM
It's over. At least Nole put up a fight!

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Oh well :sad:

Well points defended. Now we have to defend Wimbledon SF points and beat Rafa on the grass instead ;)

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Pride restored in the 3rd set. This is Rafa's kingdom after all. Now we wait for grass and hard courts - things may be very different there.

Now for sanity's sake probably best to avoid GM for a few hours. Off to congratulate Rafa in his thread - be nice if some of you joined me.

pookykiki
06-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Nole! :hug: He keep fighting until the end and I'm happy that the crowd have been supporting him.

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Pride restored in the 3rd set. This is Rafa's kingdom after all. Now we wait for grass and hard courts - things may be very different there.

Now for sanity's sake probably best to avoid GM for a few hours. Off to congratulate Rafa in his thread - be nice if some of you joined me.

I am avoiding GM for evermore - it's my mid-year Resolution ;) As for going to the Nadal thread - well it's a nice thought of yours :), and I'm sure some people will join you - but they hate my guts and I wouldn't be welcome there, so it won't be me. Sorry :hug:

amdany
06-06-2008, 02:17 PM
nole:hug:

camnation
06-06-2008, 02:17 PM
At least he made it exciting at the end of the third. :)

jeahhh!
06-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Nole :awww:

Go kick ass on grass :rocker2:

Miss Runcible
06-06-2008, 02:19 PM

You're a braver soul than I am, Herdwick. I usually avoid GM for a week after bad losses ;) (And have been avoiding WTA World altogether since the Hingis Cocaine Disaster...)

Ah well. I feel strangely better after the third set, only wish that particular brand of Novak had showed up earlier in the match. It'll have to be Golden Slam in 2012, then, but that's okay... I'm patient ;)

Thanks for the welcome, fellow Novak...ians? Novakites? Novakoholics? What's the accepted term around here?

gambit84
06-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Dudes, no regrets! Rafa was AMAZING

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Nole Good luck for the grass season :yeah:

I'll not run nude for this time, and Jess too :haha:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 02:23 PM
You're a braver soul than I am, Herdwick. I usually avoid GM for a week after bad losses ;) (And have been avoiding WTA World altogether since the Hingis Cocaine Disaster...)

Ah well. I feel strangely better after the third set, only wish that particular brand of Novak had showed up earlier in the match. It'll have to be Golden Slam in 2012, then, but that's okay... I'm patient ;)

Thanks for the welcome, fellow Novak...ians? Novakites? Novakoholics? What's the accepted term around here?

LOL - not sure we call ourselves anything really :shrug: The Chat Thread calls us DjokovicBoppers:) Many others may call us NoleTards :tape: Guess Jess(TroickiTard) who is the Forum Mod, could give you a better answer :)

Btw - are you a fellow Brit like myself, Herdwick, and Patchett, or someone else with a misleading flag :lol:

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 02:25 PM

Whatever floats your boat works for us :D

If Nole wins Wimbledon I will :p :rolls:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 02:26 PM

I am somewhat sad to miss the chance of your nude run Raffaele - I was hoping for photos -or even a video :tape::lol:

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 02:27 PM
LOL - not sure we call ourselves anything really :shrug: The Chat Thread calls us DjokovicBoppers:) Many others may call us NoleTards :tape: Guess Jess(TroickiTard) who is the Forum Mod, could give you a better answer :)

Btw - are you a fellow Brit like myself, Herdwick, and Patchett, or someone else with a misleading flag :lol:

Djokoboppers is old school.. its what we were before we even had a forum :awww:

Djokotards is what haters call us, we wouldn't use that ourselves...

Djokofans always works :D

savesthedizzle
I am somewhat sad to miss the chance of your nude run Raffaele - I was hoping for photos -or even a video :tape::lol:

:haha: weren't we all :p :lol:

*Ljubica*
Djokoboppers is old school.. its what we were before we even had a forum :awww:

Djokotards is what haters call us, we wouldn't use that ourselves...

Djokofans always works :D

I often wondered where the DjokoBoppers thing came from? I assume from Becca (Chloe le Bopper):shrug:

jeahhh!
06-06-2008, 02:28 PM
I know I am. :p

gambit84
06-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Champion told that the tennis of Monfils is similar to tennis of Rafa :haha:

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Still prefer the Nolettes myself - but only for the reasoned and articulate.

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 02:29 PM
:haha: weren't we all :p :lol:

:rolls: Trouble is he may demand one of us doing the same in return :help:

Btw - I just heard from Raquel (arm)- she isn't avoiding us in our hour of need - just busy getting ready for her Prom tonight :)

Lee
06-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Champion told that the tennis of Monfils is similar to tennis of Rafa :haha:

:haha:

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 02:32 PM
I often wondered where the DjokoBoppers thing came from? I assume from Becca (Chloe le Bopper):shrug:

Becca :sad: I miss Becca.

Yeah I think it was Becca and my doing :tape: I made her watch Novak practice in Montreal one year (2005) and then we stalked him around and he ran away from us and bopped for him :lol: Yeah I think that is where it comes from :tape:

savesthedizzle
:rolls: Trouble is he may demand one of us doing the same in return :help:

True :rolls: :tape:

*Ljubica*

Nolettes :awww: Makes us sound kind of cute :hearts:

camnation
06-06-2008, 02:34 PM
I like Djokovites. :p But Nolettes is good too.

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 02:34 PM

Yeah I think it was Becca and my doing :tape: I made her watch Novak practice in Montreal one year (2005) and then we stalked him around and he ran away from us and bopped for him :lol: Yeah I think that is where it comes from :tape:

He ran away from you? :eek: Bet he wouldn't do that now - he was probably a bit overawed by all the female attention back then :o And isn't Becca teaching in the Far East or something now? Good for her. We had our differences from time to time,- but she was a good poster.

Lee
06-06-2008, 02:36 PM
GM is not too bad today if you ignore the usual haters/losers. ;)

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 02:37 PM
He ran away from you? :eek: Bet he wouldn't do that now - he was probably a bit overawed by all the female attention back then :o And isn't Becca teaching in the far East or something now? Good for her. We had our differences from time to time,- but she was a good poster.

Well, see.... he didn't even qualify, so he wasn't even playing Montreal... he was just practicing and probably didn't understand why we were even watching him :rolls: or why we were taking 602352523 pictures of him :haha: so after his practice we were going to go talk to him and then he suddenly sprinted away :rolls:

Yah she is. She was one of the first MTF-ers I met actually... well she was part of the first trip where I met MTF-ers, but technically was the fourth. :lol: I was petrified of her though, I thought she was going to be mean :haha:

but-it's-ok
06-06-2008, 02:37 PM
I was looking forward to Rafaelle running nude, and I was gonna striptease, but not a nude run, I cant run just flaunt:lol: There will be another chance, who knows when the opportunity will come around?:lol: (Just that it will;)

But didn't Nole fight in the 3rd set, he deserves a lot of kudos for the way he came back from way behind and took his game to Nadal. I am proud that he made a match of it in the end and he tried everything he could:)

Yes Nolettes:dance: Don't get me started on alternative names for us Nole lovers.

Lee
06-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Nolettes or Djokovites? I am so used to being called Noletards or Djokovtards. :p

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Well, see.... he didn't even qualify, so he wasn't even playing Montreal... he was just practicing and probably didn't understand why we were even watching him :rolls: or why we were taking 602352523 pictures of him :haha: so after his practice we were going to go talk to him and then he suddenly sprinted away :rolls:

Yah she is. She was one of the first MTF-ers I met actually... well she was part of the first trip where I met MTF-ers, but technically was the fourth. :lol: I was petrified of her though, I thought she was going to be mean :haha:

:lol: Well I know she could be mean at times :lol: But she was a very clever woman and she sure knew a lot about tennis :) And somehow I can just imagine the scene now - with the poor little Nole in his younger days running away in terror from these two crazed stalker ladies :lol:

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 02:43 PM
:lol: Well I know she could be mean at times :lol: But she was a very clever woman and she sure knew a lot about tennis :) And somehow I can just imagine the scene now - with the poor little Nole in his younger days running away in terror from these two crazed stalker ladies :lol:

He was practicing with Ancic :hearts: I remember it like it was yesterday. They both had their shirts off and Novak slapped Mario with a towel. No this isn't my fantasy, THIS REALLY HAPPENED :hearts: I was in heaven :haha: :haha: I think Novak probably thought we were taking picture of Ancic at first :rolls:

Miss Runcible
06-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Oh, I'm torn. I like 'Nolette', but I like 'Djokovite' too - though I keep misspelling the latter as 'Djokobite'. Does that make him our Bonnie Prince Nole?

I'm a Finn with a misleading flag ;) I kind of thought misleading flags were de rigueur in these parts... (Plus I always give misleading information whenever I join somewhere. It's a compulsion + some healthy paranoia.)

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm a fan of misleading flags myself :D

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 02:46 PM

I really wish I'd opted for misleading flag too - something exotic and unusual - but I think it's a bit late to have any credibility as an Uzbek.

jeahhh!
06-06-2008, 02:49 PM
(Plus I always give misleading information whenever I join somewhere. It's a compulsion + some healthy paranoia.)
I do this as well. :lol:

:rocker2:

pookykiki
06-06-2008, 02:54 PM
He was practicing with Ancic :hearts: I remember it like it was yesterday. They both had their shirts off and Novak slapped Mario with a towel. No this isn't my fantasy, THIS REALLY HAPPENED :hearts: I was in heaven :haha: :haha: I think Novak probably thought we were taking picture of Ancic at first :rolls:

Could I see the pictures? :lol: This year in RG after his double match, Janko run away from me to.:rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 02:58 PM

Sorry - I had to disappear for a while to fold up the laundry :rolleyes: But - back to more important things........... half naked young men beating each other with towels :tape:Are you truly sure it wasn't your fantasy :lol:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Could I see the pictures? :lol: This year in RG after his double match, Janko run away from me to.:rolleyes:

:awww: Maybe you caught him at a bad moment -he's normally quite a friendly guy :sad:

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 03:00 PM

I'll look for them.. I've switched computers a few times since then and I don't know where they are. I don't think they made it over to this one :tape:

I really wish I'd opted for misleading flag too - something exotic and unusual - but I think it's a bit late to have any credibility as an Uzbek.

I've used the Scottish flag before myself :dance: It's never too late to switch :D People think I'm Canadian, British, German, Swiss or Serbian. I have no idea where they get German or Swiss from :D :dance:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 03:02 PM

And why on earth not? :shrug: I have a very good friend who lives in Tashkent - you could simply "adopt" her persona for a while - I'm sure she wouldn't mind:)

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 03:08 PM
And why on earth not? :shrug: I have a very good friend who lives in Tashkent - you could simply "adopt" her persona for a while - I'm sure she wouldn't mind:)

Ah there you are you see - there'd be no escaping the social whirl and I would be unmasked immediately!

kirkicica
06-06-2008, 03:08 PM
hello :wavey:
I'm kinda glad I missed that match (Mila was soo kind to pretend she is a livescore board, tho :lol: )

So, since I didn't watch the match I can't comment on it, but I'm glad that he defended his points at least. Since I never believed he would win it.

Grass here we come!! I just hope Novak would stop sliding on grass, thats no good.
Blah, I log in so rarely lately , so now I have 176573589 posts I wanted to quote. boooooo! I just might skip it all and start all over again.

So glad Manon and Rose had a great time at RG, and thank you both for your reports :kiss:

Speaking of misleading flags, I think mine is Belize, but I'm not sure :tape:

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Jelena! :hug: :D

camnation
06-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Nolettes or Djokovites? I am so used to being called Noletards or Djokovtards. :p
Blech, I hate the whole "-tard" thing, I just find it distasteful, offensive and politically incorrect so I don't use it. :)

kirkicica
06-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Jelena! :hug: :D

Jessita :wavey: :worship:
Now that I have to live in my timezone I keep missing you on mtf :sad:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Ah there you are you see - there'd be no escaping the social whirl and I would be unmasked immediately!

Social whirl? In Tashkent...............:lol: I take it from that comment that you've never been there? :lol: Not the most exciting place in the world believe me:)

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Jessita :wavey: :worship:

:worship:?????? :rolls: If only people always did that when I appeared :D

Lee
Blech, I hate the whole "-tard" thing, I just find it distasteful, offensive and politically incorrect so I don't use it. :)

I am being sarcastic here :p

Lee
:hug: Jelena

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm kinda glad I missed that match (Mila was soo kind to pretend she is a livescore board, tho :lol: )

So, since I didn't watch the match I can't comment on it, but I'm glad that he defended his points at least. Since I never believed he would win it.

Grass here we come!! I just hope Novak would stop sliding on grass, thats no good.
Blah, I log in so rarely lately , so now I have 176573589 posts I wanted to quote. boooooo! I just might skip it all and start all over again.

So glad Manon and Rose had a great time at RG, and thank you both for your reports :kiss:

Hi Jelena :hug: No problem with the reports - just wish I could have been there for longer. Hope you are well and nice to see you here again :)

Belize.......... :confused: Maybe I should change mine to a Serbian one or something - I've never been adventurous with flags before!

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 03:16 PM

Hello:wavey:

We miss our Jelenas.

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm ready for a new flag and screenname. Hmmmm.....

Lee
06-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Probably I need to find a new flag too :lol: When I whined I have no coverage for today's match, people rep me telling it's on TSN and RDS in Canada. :p

pookykiki
06-06-2008, 03:19 PM
:awww: Maybe you caught him at a bad moment -he's normally quite a friendly guy :sad:

He was tired and seemed very nervous because Viktor had been yelling at him at the end of the match. When he saw my disappointment he apologised:).
Maybe he was sick of with me because I have taken hundred of pictures during the double!:rolleyes:

camnation
06-06-2008, 03:19 PM
I am being sarcastic here :p
Sorry, my sarcasm detector didn't go off that time. ;)

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Social whirl? In Tashkent...............:lol: I take it from that comment that you've never been there? :lol: Not the most exciting place in the world believe me:)

Only here between Fed games so bit behind - he's going off a bit at present.

Err - struggling to find any intelligent comment to make about Tashkent. Makes me think of the Calormene god with the bird's head in 'The Last Battle'

kirkicica
06-06-2008, 03:24 PM
:worship:?????? :rolls: If only people always did that when I appeared :D

Naaaah, you'd get bored with it! But you deserve one :worship: from time to time ;). I'm just happy to see you, that's all

:hug: Jelena
Lee :kiss: how you've been doing?

Hi Jelena :hug: No problem with the reports - just wish I could have been there for longer. Hope you are well and nice to see you here again :)

Belize.......... :confused: Maybe I should change mine to a Serbian one or something - I've never been adventurous with flags before!
Nice to be back here. Noleland, so nice and confy

i just liked the flag, no other reason for Belize, really. And I got tired of the Serbian one. + I hate that they don't have a proper serbian flag. What's the point in having one if it's wrong :rolleyes:

Hello:wavey:

We miss our Jelenas.
HIII!!! :D
:awww: I'll be here more often, I promise.

I'm ready for a new flag and screenname. Hmmmm.....
you shoud get a new one, this one was only working for doubles, we need a single friendly one.

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 03:27 PM
He was tired and seemed very nervous because Viktor had been yelling at him at the end of the match. When he saw my disappointment he apologised:).
Maybe he was sick of with me because I have taken hundred of pictures during the double!:rolleyes:

Which doubles match was it?

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Naaaah, you'd get bored with it! But you deserve one :worship: from time to time ;). I'm just happy to see you, that's all

Nice to be back here. Noleland, so nice and confy

you shoud get a new one, this one was only working for doubles, we need a single friendly one.

We're happy to see you too :worship: :D

Hmmm true.. but what :p :sad:

jeahhh!
06-06-2008, 03:28 PM
JELENAAAAA!!!! :hug::hug: :banana:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Only here between Fed games so bit behind - he's going off a bit at present.

Err - struggling to find any intelligent comment to make about Tashkent. Makes me think of the Calormene god with the bird's head in 'The Last Battle'

There isn't much you can say about Tashkent really - it's very - erm- underwhealming :shrug: I have a little wooden man from there, who sits on my mantlepiece and glares at everyone - he's the most exciting thing I can think of that came out of there!

kirkicica
06-06-2008, 03:31 PM
We're happy to see you too :worship: :D

Hmmm true.. but what :p :sad:

no idea :shrug: I'm not good in username choosing. We'll think of something.

JELENAAAAA!!!! :hug::hug: :banana:
AIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :smooch::bounce:

Jelena_78
06-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Go kick ass on grass :rocker2:

This rhymes so well :D

:awww: It was painful till 0:3 in the third and then he just :eek: exploded! That's the game!

Nole :hug:

Jelena_78
06-06-2008, 03:34 PM
:wavey: Jelena :kiss:

kirkicica
06-06-2008, 03:34 PM

:awww: It was painful till 0:3 in the third and then he just :eek: exploded! That's the game!

TWIN!!! :banana: I knew you'd show up while I'm here, I just knew it. How are you?

Lee
06-06-2008, 03:35 PM
More Jelena the merrier! :bigclap:

jamjar
06-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Nole...:sobbing:

jeahhh!
06-06-2008, 03:37 PM
AIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :smooch::bounce:
How are you?!? :kiss: :kiss:

I like the rhyming to it. :lol:

*nods*

kirkicica
06-06-2008, 03:37 PM
at least someone who isn't offtopic :lol: For a moment I though this was a chat thread.

:awww: Nole will be just fine. that bad and scary clay season is over now :hug:

Jelena_78
06-06-2008, 03:42 PM
TWIN!!! :banana: I knew you'd show up while I'm here, I just knew it. How are you?

:banana: Glad to see you!

Are we twins or not?! ;)

Work, tennis, sleep, tennis, go out, tennis :spit: These final few days are to much even for me :lol:
I can't sit anymore!

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 03:43 PM

Another Jelena :)

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 03:44 PM
:awww: Nole will be just fine. that bad and scary clay season is over now :hug:

Seriously - really think Nadal's game has improved so much this year that I can see him challenging certainlyly on grass and maybe hard too. Rest of year should be very interesting. Just hope Nole is not disheartened by today - it was a bit of a let down after Hamburg.

Lee
06-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Is Jess still around?

kirkicica
06-06-2008, 03:47 PM
How are you?!? :kiss: :kiss:

I'm fine, working during the day, concerts in the evening, social life somewhere in between, love life, umm well gotta have time for that too, so tennis and mtf were at the bottom of my list :sad: I need a 48 H day. yes, I would like that.

:banana: Glad to see you!

Are we twins or not?! ;)

Work, tennis, sleep, tennis, go out, tennis :spit: These final few days are to much even for me :lol:
I can't sit anymore!

:rolls: same here. exactly the same. I thing i forgot how to walk. (walking a few meters to the car isn't really walking)

Another Jelena :)

We come not only in pairs but in a crowd! :banana:

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Is Jess still around?

Yah, I am making lunch :D

Scotso
06-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Oh well. :lol:

Lee
06-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Is NBC showing Nole's match now?

kirkicica
06-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Seriously - really think Nadal's game has improved so much this year that I can see him challenging certainlyly on grass and maybe hard too. Rest of year should be very interesting. Just hope Nole is not disheartened by today - it was a bit of a let down after Hamburg.
To be honest, every year during the clay season I thing that Nadal has improved majorly, just to see that I am wrong a month or two later. I do think Nadal is a fantastic player, but he is soooo dominant on clay that it gives me the illusion he is better than he actually is overall. If you understand what i mean?

And for Nole, no worries, he'll try and try and try again untill he does it. That's how he works. remember Fed in USO, Montreal and AO?

He tried with different tactics than in Hamburg (he played at the net more often there) I think he is trying to find the one that might work best. Of course he would have to play a perfect match with perfect tactics to beat nadal in best of 5, but he'l get there one day. at least I hope.
Is Jess still around?
let me if I can see her from my part of the pants. ;)

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Is NBC showing Nole's match now?

Yah. They pretty much skip the second set :rolls: I watched the end of it on a stream though so I've already seen this part :tape:

Lee
06-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Just read Nole's presser. He had tons of "you know" :p May be a good thing meaning he thinks a little more before he opens his big mouth :lol:

A pretty good presser too.

Lee
06-06-2008, 03:56 PM
let me if I can see her from my part of the pants. ;)

:haha: :haha:

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeow - Monfils gets the 2nd! Why couldn't Nole being playing Fed today - he's really gone off here!!!

savesthedizzle
I see. Still another hour before it's shown here :lol:

They should just show you guys Fed-Monfils instead :rolls:

Lee
Yah. They pretty much skip the second set :rolls: I watched the end of it on a stream though so I've already seen this part :tape:

I see. Still another hour before it's shown here :lol:

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Yeow - Monfils gets the 2nd! Why couldn't Nole being playing Fed today - he's really gone off here!!!

Monfils beating Roger would be fun.

If he could beat Rafa it would be a French dream come true :rolls:

jeahhh!
06-06-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm fine, working during the day, concerts in the evening, social life somewhere in between, love life, umm well gotta have time for that too, so tennis and mtf were at the bottom of my list :sad: I need a 48 H day. yes, I would like that.

:hug::hug: A 48 hour day would be good. :lol:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 04:02 PM
OK guys - got to get out of here and take :cat: to the Vet :sad: Jelena x 3 :) It was great catching up with you all here again. Later :wavey:

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 04:03 PM

:devil: Well am fond of Fed too. But am wondering if he's going off the idea of facing Rafa - he must have been praying so hard for a Nole victory today but of course could never admit it:lol:

Lee
06-06-2008, 04:03 PM

Pigs will fly :p Sorry but if Monfils won, it would be a worse beat down by Nadal with Monfils playing 1 meter more than Nadal behind the baseline. ;)

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 04:05 PM
OK guys - got to get out of here and take :cat: to the Vet :sad: Jelena x 3 :) It was great catching up with you all here again. Later :wavey:

:cat: - nothing serious I hope?

kirkicica
06-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Pigs will fly :p Sorry but if Monfils won, it would be a worse beat down by Nadal with Monfils playing 1 meter more than Nadal behind the baseline. ;)
They just might playing from the crowd seats.

" sorry ser, could you please empty the few first rows, we need more space"

yes, I could picture that. :lol:
later Rose, may the vet be nice to your cat.

amdany
06-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Q. You had him constantly under pressure on his serve in his last six service games. What adjustment did you make at that point in the second set to finally get on top of his serve?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It was the third set that I managed to do something about his game and about today's match. The first two sets, especially the second set, was pretty bad for me. I wasn't finding any rhythm and making a lot of unforced errors.

He was using wisely. You know, he feels great on this court. He never lost there. I just, you know, decided to go for the shots and try everything or nothing, you know. I just couldn't do anything else.

I wasn't moving the way I moved in our last match in Hamburg, you know. I was making more mistakes than I should have. You know, he showed again that in the most important moments he's very strong mentally, and why he is the defending champion of the French Open.

Q. How would you describe the mental toll that playing him takes with so many long physical rallies?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, well, especially here, you know. Not many people know that center court is quite slower than the other courts, especially Suzanne Lenglen and Court 1. They are pretty fast.

Center court suits to his game, and you basically ‑‑ sometimes it's really frustrating when you can't make a winner. My game is based on aggressivity. I try to go for the shots, and I either make mistakes or I make winners and try to put pressure on my opponent.

With him, it's really difficult on this court. Physically‑wise, I had enough time to rest and to prepare, but on the court I didn't feel ‑‑ I didn't feel well.

Probably there is pressure combined, you know, mentally and mental ‑‑ mental ability with the pressure. It's combined with the physical preparation and strength, so there was a lot of stress on the court. Obviously I didn't feel well.

Q. Set point goes by. Was it a sinking feeling when you saw that ball go by?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Unfortunately, yeah. I don't know how many people noticed today, but there was a lot of wind and tough conditions to play.

From the one side, whoever played from that side was really dominant, because he played with the wind. From the other side, I had that set point, and, you know, I returned that serve.

Unfortunately I ‑‑ he got me on wrong foot. But, you know, he played well. All credit to him.

Q. You're two sets to Love down; you're two breaks down. Everybody thinks the match is over. At that point you staged a remarkable comeback. Where did you find it within yourself to come back like that?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, the point from start of the second set till 3‑Love third set was so quick that I didn't, you know, I didn't even notice it. It's so much errors and he played really well. He used it.

So, you know, in the split of the second I'm two sets down and double break down, but I was still trying, you know. I didn't want to give up.

It's semifinals of the Grand Slam. Of course, there's a lot at stake on that match and everybody's watching it. I just ‑‑ I just don't like to give up, so I wasn't trying to give up.

And as you could see, I did everything I could. In this moment I wasn't performing the tennis that I usually can perform, and I think I can do better. But, you know, the better player won today.

Q. Do you think it's possible to beat him on this court here, best of five?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Everything is possible, you know. The way he plays now, it's really tough. Of course, he's a favorite in every match he plays against whoever he plays on this court. He never lost here.

Of course sometimes the people wonder, is it possible or not? But everything is possible. Nobody's unbeatable.

Q. I was going to ask an extension of that. If Roger does win this, do you think it's possible he's ready to beat Rafa on this surface?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, he wants it a lot, so he has a lot of motivation for French Open title. That's the only title he didn't win, so I think everything is possible.

Q. Do you have any advice for him, how to play or...

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I need to give advice to Roger? (laughter.)

I think no. He knows the best.

Q. Coming back to the match, 54% first serve. It's not enough, obviously.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, this is one of the things that I wasn't really happy about today in my game. My serve was really bad, low percentage. Even when I got the first serves in they were pretty slow and no angles, so it wasn't really effective.

If you play against ‑‑ if you are intending to win against Rafa on this court, on his court, you have to serve well. This is what I didn't do today.

Q. As you were making your resurgence, do you feel you were reading his spins a lot better? Was that helpful?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, yeah. You know, I just need to play my game whenever I play him, you know. I need to be aggressive. He's best defensive player in the world, and he plays every point like it's a match point.

He produces a lot of spin, which makes my life a lot tougher on this surface. You know, especially when he opens up the court on the backhand side. He was playing smart, so, I was, you know, making unforced errors like I shouldn't.

Q. On to grass now?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah. Grass court season is always something that I look forward to. We all know that the grass is much slower than it used to be, so baseline players have much ‑‑ a lot of success in the past years.

I played semifinals at Wimbledon last year. I have no reason not to expect any big results, so I look forward to it.

Q. As you look back on this match, or will look back on this match and the tactics, you have enough groundstroke power to play two ways with him: You can play risky and go for your shots, or try to hit with him and wait a little bit longer. Did you wait too long in this match to play a little bit riskier tennis, start going for your shots?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Now if I think about it, of course, if I could change some things, I would change some things. But in that certain moment it is not easy, because there is a lot of other things, you know, mental stress and pressure that you need to cope with.

So if you're planning to play something and then you just ‑‑ it's not easy to get the right outcome, you know, at that point, because, you know, there's a lot of things involved. Yeah, you know, with him you need to be aggressive.

But in the other hand, you need to ‑‑ you know, you need to stay calm and just stay with him all the time mentally and in the game, as well. Try to be patient, but go for the shots.

Maybe I was supposed to go more to the net, which I didn't.

Q. You played a lot of Grand Slams, and you're also a Grand Slam champion. Can you imagine what it's like to come to a Grand Slam and have never lost? What kind of mental pressure does that take to be able to handle that?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: That's a question for him. I don't know. I still ‑‑ I still don't know how he feels.

Q. You look like a little bit depressed. How tough is this loss?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, how you want me to feel after a loss? You want me to laugh all the time?

I expected a lot from this match, of course. You know, I feel sorry that I lost. I'm not depressed, far away from that, you know.

I'm only 21 years old and I played so much, you know, semifinals of the Grand Slam tournaments, and won couple majors and a Grand Slam itself, so I have no reason to be depressed. I just look forward to the future.

jamjar
06-06-2008, 04:17 PM

:wavey: Good luck at the vet.

jeahhh!
06-06-2008, 04:27 PM

I could totally picture it :lol:

Lee
06-06-2008, 04:30 PM

Me three! :lol:

but-it's-ok
06-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Hamdanie:hug: Thanks for posting the questions they asked Nole. :awww:

Rose-thinking of you and your:cat:at the vets:hug::hug: Hope it goes OK.

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 06:58 PM
:awww: Thanks for your nice words for Wilby :cat: guys. And - no the Vet was not really too serious thanks for asking. Silly boy got into a fight a few days ago :armed: and had started to develop a nasty looking abscess underneath his eye, so I had to go and get some antibiotics and get it cleaned up :help: I know it hurt him a lot :awww: but they say he should be fine in a day or so :)

Hamdanie - thanks for posting the Press Conference. Nole :hug: Get yourself to England soon - we'll look after you :kiss:

Lee
06-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Good to know your :cat: is OK, Rosie :hug:

neenah
06-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Don't know anything about the match - my internet's been down, I've hardly been home...I would have liked to see Nole in the final but I don't mind a good old Fedal final.

Good that Nole defended his points. :yeah:

Miss Runcible
06-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Suddenly Nole's score doesn't look quite so bad anymore...

Lee
06-08-2008, 03:07 PM
The best opponent for Nadal in this year RG is Nole. :rolls:

savesthedizzle

Yup :tape: :lol:

Herdwick

Miss R :wavey:

Quite - we were just saying the celebrations chez Djokovic must be in full swing! And Rafa didn't play anywhere near as well today as he did against Nole.

Lee
06-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Now NBC has to find something to show for the next 3 hours. :haha:

*Ljubica*
06-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Roger is beaten before he even goes out on a clay court against Nadal nowadays - he has a real mental block :shrug: Whereas at least Nole believes in himself and has more confidence that he can do well. Doesn't mean he'll be able to succeed,- with Nadal's power on clay he probably won't :sad: But at least he may sometimes get :mad: enough (even if only with himself) to hit himself out of trouble like he did in the 3rd set on Friday for a while.

Miss Runcible
06-08-2008, 03:26 PM
I don't know, Cat Lady (or is it Rose? Rosie? Rosy? Rosalind?? I'm so hopeless with names) - this will probably go into the 'Djokotard Book of Excuses' or whatever they call it, but I honestly think Nole looked pretty lost out there on Thursday - it was like an off day times a dozen. I know Nadal would probably have won either way, but if Nole had found his form (and brain) earlier on, it would at least have been a very interesting match. With those percentages I'm amazed the scoreline was as good as it was.

Oh well. I find it hard to feel sorry for Roger (I'd find ample comfort among his other trophies if I were him!) but I do feel his disappointment. If Nole keeps improving, he'll have a shot at RG next year, and the year after that, etc... but I'm not so sure about Federer ever getting over the block - mental or otherwise - between him and the trophy.

Quite - we were just saying the celebrations chez Djokovic must be in full swing! And Rafa didn't play anywhere near as well today as he did against Nole.

:wavey: Herdwick!

I agree, I don't think he did either. (Would this be in the chat thread, by the way? I've never really ventured into that one - what with my hopelessness with fellow Djokovites' real names, I have no idea what's going on... and to add insult to injury, people keep changing their MTF handles as well :p )

Herdwick
06-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I don't know, Cat Lady (or is it Rose? Rosie? Rosy? Rosalind?? I'm so hopeless with names) - this will probably go into the 'Djokotard Book of Excuses' or whatever they call it, but I honestly think Nole looked pretty lost out there on Thursday - it was like an off day times a dozen. I know Nadal would probably have won either way, but if Nole had found his form (and brain) earlier on, it would at least have been a very interesting match. With those percentages I'm amazed the scoreline was as good as it was.

Oh well. I find it hard to feel sorry for Roger (I'd find ample comfort among his other trophies if I were him!) but I do feel his disappointment. If Nole keeps improving, he'll have a shot at RG next year, and the year after that, etc... but I'm not so sure about Federer ever getting over the block - mental or otherwise - between him and the trophy.

:wavey: Herdwick!

I agree, I don't think he did either. (Would this be in the chat thread, by the way? I've never really ventured into that one - what with my hopelessness with fellow Djokovites' real names, I have no idea what's going on... and to add insult to injury, people keep changing their MTF handles as well :p )

Hello Finland!
Sorry - we as in here at home. (Don't go in the chat thread much.)

I wanted Fed to win to day but realistically didn't have a hope. I would think Nole was feeling pretty good about himself right now and guess we ahve to hope for him to be in Fed's half at Wimbledon. Can Rafa bring this form to SW19 now?

*Ljubica*
06-08-2008, 03:38 PM
:lol: I'm tempted to say "call me what you like" -as long as it's not too rude :) The name is Rose anyway - though lots of people call me Rosie, which was my original User Name here years ago :)I really don't mind.

I agree that Nole started badly on Friday - he admitted himself that he felt a lot of stress out there, and this is something only he can deal with and learn to overcome :shrug: No one can really teach him how to do that. But once he had rid himself of these tensions (perhaps because he had fallen so far behind that he felt no presure anymore, and could hit more freely),- he certainly gave Nadal a closer 3rd set than anyone else this tournamrnt has done, andI hope he can take heart from that.

Herdwick
06-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Fresh batch of pancakes all round I say. Sue B just said they're going to interview Nole after the women's final highlights.

Jelena_78
06-08-2008, 03:42 PM
I wanted Fed to win to day but realistically didn't have a hope.

Me too.

Our Nole took 3x more games than Roger. It was painful today, even Rafa felt pretty uncomfortable after the match for destroying him like that :o

Chloe le Bopper
07-08-2008, 04:25 PM

Your started it. I helped make it "cool".

Remember at the USO when I cried laughing during Clement's qualifying match over that letter regarding our "club" that you had?

savesthedizzle
07-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Your started it. I helped make it "cool".

Remember at the USO when I cried laughing during Clement's qualifying match over that letter regarding our "club" that you had?

I still have that in my email inbox, I can't bring myself to delete it :rolls:

Was it Clement? All I remember is that Delic was there, and any normal girl would have been :drool: over Delic and we were watching Novak practice giggling like school girls over the email :haha: