Novak in Paris - the next chapter in his 2008 adventures! [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

Novak in Paris - the next chapter in his 2008 adventures!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

savesthedizzle
06-01-2008, 02:46 PM
6-4 6-3 :D And I have to leave, but I can leave feeling decently confident.

Herdwick
06-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Heavens - talk about an unappreciative crowd. Hardly a ripple of applause when he got that 2nd set.

Lee
06-01-2008, 02:49 PM
2 down, 1 to go!

amdany
06-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Heavens - talk about an unappreciative crowd. Hardly a ripple of applause when he got that 2nd set.

yes:sad:but expected though. Even Nole in his interview before the match said that he doesn't expect the crowd to be for him:shrug:.
Anyway, ajde Nole, I'm not patriotic :p

arm
06-01-2008, 03:16 PM
yes:sad:but expected though. Even Nole in his interview before the match said that he doesn't expect the crowd to be for him:shrug:.
Anyway, ajde Nole, I'm not patriotic :p

Me neither. Yesterday I was talking with my parents about RG / European Cup and I told them that I would prefer to wath Djokovic winning RG than the Portuguese team winning the Euro Cup. They almost killed. :sad:

Lee
06-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Nole enjoys the wave there :p

Lee
06-01-2008, 03:32 PM
*phew* 6-4 6-3 6-4

amdany
06-01-2008, 03:33 PM
well done Nole:worship:

Dijana is there too

pookykiki
06-01-2008, 03:34 PM
:woohoo: Well Done Nole.

but-it's-ok
06-01-2008, 03:37 PM
The match I wanted to see is on: Nole vs Ernests. I'll just enjoy it, as a fan of both players:worship::worship: Hope its a good match.:)

Herdwick
06-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Tra la la - really enjoyed that - much more fun than last Sunday's angst-fest. And do feel he can still go up a gear or two. As for the crowd, certainly I didn't expect them to cheer for Nole but I do expect people to acknowledge great shots, no matter who plays them. It seemed to me they were pretty unappreciative all round, even for Mathieu's winners.

*Ljubica*
06-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Nole :worship: What a star that boy is :)

He is so clever tactically for one so young too, and what I particularly liked in that match, was how much he kept his emotions in check, so as not to antagonise the crowd even further. Ok - they weren't FOR him, that was to be expected, but, believe me,- by RG crowd standards, they weren't particularly AGAINST him either :lol: When the RG crowd get onto someone, they have a kind of booing, jeering mob mentality which isn't nice to see - remember how they reduced Martina Hingis to tears one year and gave her a hard time every year after? Nole killed that element completely, by smiling at the "wave" and by never questioning line calls that he probably would have under other circumstances - in his interview at the end he said that he was surprised they were not as bad as he had feared they would be and that was all due to his behaviour :)

Nole - well done:hug:

aeronatasha
06-01-2008, 06:03 PM
I felt the crowd wasn't really into it too. There was hardly a noise heard when a great winner would blast from either side. :shrug:

The match against Gulbis should be very interesting.:)

Keep it up Nole!!

arm
06-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Isn't it great that Nadal isn't getting any real competition? This way he may actually be surprised and unprepared if he happens to face Nole in the semi-final. :angel:

One can hope, right? :devil:

njnetswill
06-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Isn't it great that Nadal isn't getting any real competition? This way he may actually be surprised and unprepared if he happens to face Nole in the semi-final. :angel:

One can hope, right? :devil:

Hopefully the semifinal match happens. Actually, the real miracle would be Almagro taking Nadal out, but we know that will not happen.

Nadal :unsure:

star
06-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Novak was darling in his interview --especially about Gulbis and how to pronounce his name.

*Ljubica*
06-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Nole always is a darling :inlove:

One thing I noticed in the last tournaments I've been to - he might be the "big star" nowadays, but he still has time for people, especially kids. At his practice session last Friday, his Team and the Security men were trying to hurry him up with the autograph signing etc at the end, but he would not stop until every last person had taken their photo or had their autograph.

As he walked off, there was one poor little boy who had been missed out, because he was so small (about 6 or 7) that he hadn't made himself seen or heard :sad: Little chap started to cry:tears:so someone called out, and Nole walked all the way back up the court to this little boy and was so sweet to him:awww: He has a really genuine way with him - a certain charm - and yes- I am even more smitten with him now than I was before (if that was possible :o )

Herdwick
06-01-2008, 08:02 PM

One thing I noticed in the last tournaments I've been to - he might be the "big star" nowadays, but he still has time for people, especially kids. At his practice session last Friday, his Team and the Security men were trying to hurry him up with the autograph signing etc at the end, but he would not stop until every last person had taken their photo or had their autograph.

As he walked off, there was one poor little boy who had been missed out, because he was so small (about 6 or 7) that he hadn't made himself seen or heard :sad: Little chap started to cry:tears:so someone called out, and Nole walked all the way back up the court to this little boy and was so sweet to him:awww: He has a really genuine way with him - a certain charm - and yes- I am even more smitten with him now than I was before (if that was possible :o )

Aww - bless.
Do post this anecdote in GM - you know they'll appreciate it and I want to see the responses. A PR stunt arranged by his agent? Or accusations of paedophiliac tendencies?

*Ljubica*
06-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Aww - bless.
Do post this anecdote in GM - you know they'll appreciate it and I want to see the responses. A PR stunt arranged by his agent? Or accusations of paedophiliac tendencies?

:tape: But how many people on GM could spell paedophile? :angel: Half of them probably lurk here anyway! I personally think they would feel that the child was planted there by Srdjan, who made him cry on purpose to make his son look good!

Actually - the last week in Paris made me realise what a cesspit GM really is :rolleyes: I met so many nice people there, from all over the world, and supporting all different players...........and everyone got on perfectly well :) There were two ladies from Australia, who followed Nadal but loved Nole too (yes it IS possible!), a Swiss family who liked Federer and Nadal equally, and some Serbian girls who supported Nole but also Federer :) It was just such a change from the trashing and trolling that goes on across MTF............ and yes- I even had a coffee and a perfectly civil conversation with the Nadal ladies :lol:

arm
06-01-2008, 08:27 PM
But I believe we can find those people at MTF too, Rose. Really.

As for Nole,:hearts:...

Herdwick
06-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Like to think we're a literate bunch here. And we know Nole likes smart women.

Sounds like you had a welcome sanity break. GM -:mad: quite poisonous on occasion I agree. The amount of time that some of the more vociferous and vicious posters spend chained to their keyboards must be in inverse proportion to any sense of logic and proportion; the epitome of the green ink brigade in short.

OT slightly; is it just me who finds Aloimeh's sig in poor taste? I just don't think you refer to anyone's mother as a whore, even in jest.

*Ljubica*
06-01-2008, 08:29 PM
But I believe we can find those people at MTF too, Rose. Really.

As for Nole,:hearts:...

Yes of course there are some- but mostly in the Player Forums, not in the ghastly GM :help: That is just so full of hate :sad:

*Ljubica*
06-01-2008, 08:43 PM

Sounds like you had a welcome sanity break. GM -:mad: quite poisonous on occasion I agree. The amount of time that some of the more vociferous and vicious posters spend chained to their keyboards must be in inverse proportion to any sense of logic and proportion; the epitome of the green ink brigade in short.

OT slightly; is it just me who finds Aloimeh's sig in poor taste? I just don't think you refer to anyone's mother as a whore, even in jest.

I must admit I hadn't noticed Aloimeh's sig til you mentioned it,- but- yes- I think it's poor taste too. I personally happen to like Dijana, and I certainly wonder whether the kind of people who say rude things about her on the anonymous Internet would have the guts to say them to Nole's (or Srdjan's) face!

On the subject of poor taste - my own particular "hang-up" here is the use of the word "****" to describe a tennis match, as in "so and so served him up a double bagel and truly ***** him". As someone who spent some time working with the victims of domestic violence and sexual abuse, - that word is never funny imo, and should NEVER be used in a sporting context.

Scotso
06-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Nole is powering his way through, getting better and better.

I'm really excited for his match with Ernito.

arm
06-01-2008, 08:49 PM
I have to agree that sometimes GM can be :help:.

During my first days at MTF, a few people really mad me :mad:. But I just got used to it, I guess. :shrug:

As for Aloimeh... We can't say it's unexpected, can we?

gambit84
06-01-2008, 08:50 PM
congrats to a big Novak

today he played great :yeah:

and his serve is improving, oh yes!

Aloimeh
06-01-2008, 08:56 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to say I included that in my sig because that's what MrChopin called her (Mountain W____). I certainly don't think that of Dijana, just as I don't consider Novak spawn or Rafa a troglodyte. Just a bit of ironic reflection on the commentary on GM. If that word still offends you guys in this context, let me know and I'll change it.

*Ljubica*
06-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to say I included that in my sig because that's what MrChopin called her (Mountain W____). I certainly don't think that of Dijana, just as I don't consider Novak spawn or Rafa a troglodyte. Just a bit of ironic reflection on the commentary on GM. If that word still offends you guys in this context, let me know and I'll change it.

Thanks for stopping by. It is not for my to ask you to change anything in your signature - that can only be your decision,- but I personally appreciate your coming over here and making the offer :) Thanks.

arm
06-01-2008, 09:00 PM
BTW Rose, what about photos? :rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
06-01-2008, 09:08 PM
BTW Rose, what about photos? :rolleyes:

Do you mean my photos (I've put them in the Photo thread), or other peoples' photos? :confused:

Aloimeh
06-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Do you mean my photos (I've put them in the Photo thread), or other peoples' photos? :confused:

Are you going to be in Paris all the way to the final?

arm
06-01-2008, 09:15 PM

:o I didn't notice. :o

Aloimeh, right now she is safe at home in London. ;)

*Ljubica*
06-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Are you going to be in Paris all the way to the final?

Yes - as Raquel said, I am back home now :sad: Came home last night, as I have to go back to work tomorrow. Would love to have stayed longer, but like everyone else I have bills to pay :sad: If Nole got to the Final I would be soooooo tempted to go back just for one day - but don't think I could afford it.

*Ljubica*
06-01-2008, 09:21 PM
:o I didn't notice. :o

Aloimeh, right now she is safe at home in London. ;)

Don't worry :hug:

Anyway - tomorrow I must get up at 5.30am and return to work :spit: So I guess it's time for me to say goodnight :hug: :wavey: No doubt speak tomorrow.

arm
06-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Responsibilities... they suck, don't they? :(

arm
06-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Ok Rosie.

Good night!

talk to you tomorrow :hug:

Lee
06-01-2008, 09:46 PM

He's not only a darling to little kids (which is not a surprise from how he treats Djole), he's a darling to short and old women like me in Indian Wells. :lol: He stopped to sign my program even he already stepped into the player's area. And that's after he signed a ton of autographs after his practise, then he stopped in the grass area to play a little football with Sharapova, then signed another ton of autographs, then tried to walk the short distance from the grass area back to the player's lounge, stopped to sign more autographs. :lol:

arm
06-01-2008, 10:01 PM
He's not only a darling to little kids (which is not a surprise from how he treats Djole), he's a darling to short and old women like me in Indian Wells. :lol: He stopped to sign my program even he already stepped into the player's area. And that's after he signed a ton of autographs after his practise, then he stopped in the grass area to play a little football with Sharapova, then signed another ton of autographs, then tried to walk the short distance from the grass area back to the player's lounge, stopped to sign more autographs. :lol:

Nole :inlove:

Sleeping time for me too.

:wavey::hug:

Lee
06-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Night Raquel

star
06-01-2008, 10:20 PM
:tape: But how many people on GM could spell paedophile? :angel: Half of them probably lurk here anyway! I personally think they would feel that the child was planted there by Srdjan, who made him cry on purpose to make his son look good!

Actually - the last week in Paris made me realise what a cesspit GM really is :rolleyes: I met so many nice people there, from all over the world, and supporting all different players...........and everyone got on perfectly well :) There were two ladies from Australia, who followed Nadal but loved Nole too (yes it IS possible!), a Swiss family who liked Federer and Nadal equally, and some Serbian girls who supported Nole but also Federer :) It was just such a change from the trashing and trolling that goes on across MTF............ and yes- I even had a coffee and a perfectly civil conversation with the Nadal ladies :lol:

I have noticed that people who go to tennis tournaments are usually easy to get along with and amiable about all the players. For one thing, you don't really want to offend the people you sit next to and for another, it's a lot different seeing the players put their hearts out there on the court. The only thing that is hard is to sit in the stands when practically every single person is cheering for the person my favorite is playing against.

That was a very sweet story about Nole walking back to sign for the little boy. :) :)

Jelena_78
06-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Ivanovic, Jankovic, Zimonjic/Nestor and Vemic/Soares all won.

:banana:

Great results today! (oops,yesterday :p )
I'm so glad Nole won, and great he did it in 3. :worship: I was a bit afraid before this match.
I didn't see any of the matches, I was at my friend's wedding (party) all day long :dance:
And good news just kept coming :yippee:

:wavey:

camnation
06-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Camnation, Eurosport is transmiting motos and then they will transmit bikes again! :mad::mad::mad: There's no way I am going to be able to watch Nole playing.. :mad::sad::crying2:
Wow, I got lucky for once. They showed Nole in full where I live (less the first four games, but that started before 9am so I forgive them :)). Then on NBC when Rafa's match finished early, they re-aired Nole for the remaining 30 minutes. :D (Not to gloat or anything :angel:)

Yay, good match Nole. I thought it was funny how in the initial broadcast the announcer said that Nole wasn't too happy about the crowd doing the wave, then on NBC the announcer said Nole looked more amused by it than PHM.

Nole will be older than his next opponent for once. :eek:

savesthedizzle
06-02-2008, 12:04 AM
Novak :rocker2:

jitterbug
06-02-2008, 02:37 AM
Ernests next :D

Alex999
06-02-2008, 06:04 AM

wonderful story, thanks for sharing :hug:

*Ljubica*
06-02-2008, 07:17 AM
I have noticed that people who go to tennis tournaments are usually easy to get along with and amiable about all the players. For one thing, you don't really want to offend the people you sit next to and for another, it's a lot different seeing the players put their hearts out there on the court. The only thing that is hard is to sit in the stands when practically every single person is cheering for the person my favorite is playing against.

That was a very sweet story about Nole walking back to sign for the little boy. :) :)

Yes I agree that part is hard - especially with the French crowd :devil: I swear I was the only person cheering for Viktor Troicki when I went to watch him play Gicquel last week - some of them even told me to "Sssssh" when I cheered for him :spit:

*Ljubica*
06-02-2008, 07:19 AM

:awww: Lee - I love the way you describe yourself "short and old" :lol: You may be short, - but I don't believe you're old - and certainly you're very young at heart :)

Herdwick
06-02-2008, 08:43 AM

Thanks:angel: - hadn't picked up on your irony and can see context is all. Guess I just get a bit hacked off at the torrent of flak the family gets and find my hackles rising at what I see as personal abuse of individuals.

Herdwick
06-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Blimey - it's Mary Celeste night...

*Ljubica*
06-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Blimey - it's Mary Celeste night...

:lol: We've all been watching tennis, and guess we're all preparing for the excitement of tomorrow:) Hope you've had a good day :hug:

Herdwick
06-02-2008, 07:48 PM
:lol: We've all been watching tennis, and guess we're all preparing for the excitement of tomorrow:) Hope you've had a good day :hug:

Ah - a feeble flicker of life. Fine, thanks; trust your first day back was not too traumatic
Still no OOP!:mad: but bet he'll be third on. Forecast is dire too.

Shall now watch Mary Whitehouse...

*Ljubica*
06-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Ah - a feeble flicker of life. Fine, thanks; trust your first day back was not too traumatic
Still no OOP!:mad: but bet he'll be third on. Forecast is dire too.

Shall now watch Mary Whitehouse...

"Feeble flicker" :awww: And I thought I was burning quite brightly tonight too :) Haven't seen a Paris forecast yet - maybe I shouldn't :lol: But must admit I don't want Nole to be first on or I'll still be at work. See what a b*tch I am - putting my own personal pleasure and convenience ahead of his career:o

And - yes thanks - first day back wasn't so bad. Had lots of livescores to follow:o And pleased to say Janko, Dima, and Dusan all won their doubles for me:)

Enjoy Mary Whitehouse :)

Scotso
06-02-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm sad that Ana and Nole play at the same time. That's not nice of the organizers. They should rearrange the schedule to fit my needs.

Herdwick
06-02-2008, 08:37 PM
The dastardly knavish swine! They've put him first on Lenglen - it might not even be on the TV! And Serbia will have to choose between him and Ana - that's so unfair on them.

The Mary Whitehouse programme is excellent BTW - it's on watch again/IPlayer.

*Ljubica*
06-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Here is the OOP for tomorrow:-

Suzanne Lenglen Court (play starts at 14.00)

Ernests Gulbis v Novak Djokovic
followed by
Carla Suarez Navarro v Jelena Jankovic
followed by
Troicki/Tipsarevic v Tursunov/Kunitsyn

Just the wrong time for me :fiery: 1.00pm UK time, and I always have a meeting at 1.30pm :banghead: So virtually no chance to watch or follow livescores :sad: But guess if the forecast is bad, it gives Nole more chance to get his match completed.

Good luck Nole:hug:

Herdwick
06-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Great minds...

*Ljubica*
06-02-2008, 08:41 PM
The dastardly knavish swine! They've put him first on Lenglen - it might not even be on the TV! And Serbia will have to choose between him and Ana - that's so unfair on them.

The Mary Whitehouse programme is excellent BTW - it's on watch again/IPlayer.

That's true - but at least if the forecast really is that bad - they have more chance of completing their matches on time. Eurosport were moaning about the French scheduling today though - and agreed it has generally been pretty bad.

Glad you're enjoying Mary - I'm off to get ready for bed now :wavey:

arm
06-02-2008, 08:53 PM
:wavey:

I'm not sure I can watch Nole tomorrow. :( :sad:

Herdwick
06-02-2008, 09:09 PM
It may not be televised - see above! Ivanovic is bound to be shown on Eurosport instead.

arm
06-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks. :)

But my main problem is that I am not sure I'll be at home. :(

BTW, if he makes it to the semi final, will he be playing on Wednesday? Or could he play on friday?

Because my prom is next Friday and I'll be :mad::mad::mad: if I can't watch the match because of that.

Herdwick
06-02-2008, 10:19 PM
No idea but Wednesday is unlikely I should think - that will surely be the other 2 QFs. If they keep splitting the men's matches with the women then Nole/Rafa could possibly be Thursday with Fed's SF Friday. But don't let's tempt fate by looking past tomorrow - have been caught like that before!

arm
06-02-2008, 10:34 PM

I'll be really mad if I miss the semi final (if he makes it there, which I am confident he will :)).

arm
06-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Herdwick, I could use some rest, so :wavey:

Ajde Nole! :) In case I don't manage to come here before his match (oh, I certainly won't manage :().

Tonmorrow:wavey:

camnation
06-02-2008, 11:16 PM
It may not be televised - see above! Ivanovic is bound to be shown on Eurosport instead.
Hmmm...
(Checks Order of Play)
Those mother truckers! :mad: (I'll take back the mother truckers remark if they show Nole. :angel:)

Lee
06-03-2008, 12:29 AM
*sigh* I am totally lost. TTC's coverage start at noon Paris time, which means I won't be able to watch the one men's doubles match I would like to watch. But at that time, other than the TBF matches, there're only MX, WD matches to show. :shrug: ESPN starts when show court matches begin and that's 5am my time. So, I really need to get up at 5am to catch whatever match I really wants to watch. And there's no more live stream on TV, that means I can't tape any either. :banghead:

savesthedizzle
06-03-2008, 01:22 AM
Wait I'm confused... TTC doesn't have coverage tomorrow when the show courts are on? I need to know what channel to set my tape for... :lol: I have to leave for work EXACTLY when play starts :(

Lee
06-03-2008, 01:50 AM
Wait I'm confused... TTC doesn't have coverage tomorrow when the show courts are on? I need to know what channel to set my tape for... :lol: I have to leave for work EXACTLY when play starts :(

That's the problem because it seems TTC will continue coverage. So I need to get up and determine which station to tape :lol:

And I accidentally deleted part of Nole vs Odesnik's match :banghead:

Lee
06-03-2008, 01:51 AM
The good news for Jess is the orgasmic double team is on Lenglen I believe.

savesthedizzle
06-03-2008, 01:56 AM
The good news for Jess is the orgasmic double team is on Lenglen I believe.

I should probably tape TTC then because ESPN would never show any of that doubles match no matter how interesting it is while on TTC there is hope? :scratch: I don't know what to tape :bigcry:

savesthedizzle
06-03-2008, 02:01 AM
ESPN is planning on covering Rafa/Almagro :D

So TTC for me :D

njnetswill
06-03-2008, 03:13 AM
I am going to miss my digital recorder that can record two channels at once. :awww:

Lee
06-03-2008, 05:35 AM
I swear I saw a different schedule earlier today but :tape: It seems that TTC will end at 9am pt/noon et when ESPN2 start. So, no doubt TTC all the way.

Scotso
06-03-2008, 06:29 AM
I am going to miss my digital recorder that can record two channels at once. :awww:

I don't know what I would do without my DVR.

*Ljubica*
06-03-2008, 07:17 AM
Looking at the ghastly weather here in London at the moment, I don't see much chance of play starting on time, as I understand the weather in Paris is meant to be quite similar today - just :rain: :rain: and more :rain:

Raquel - I think the two mens' semi finals will be scheduled on Friday, with the two womens' semis on Thursday, which is designed to give them all a day off before their respective finals, and be fair to everyone. But as Herdwick said - let's not tempt fate - I'm :unsure: of Ernests today :help:

As for seeing doubles - no chance for us in the UK I don't think :spit: There is some kind of "contract" here about doubles - we never really get to see any at all apart from at Wimbledon, not even Jamie Murray :sad:

Herdwick
06-03-2008, 07:33 AM
Morning All - well am WAH today and Friday so fingers crossed! Agree about seeing the doubles - no chance and frankly am not optimistic about TV showing Lenglen at all.

Weather looks bit more encouraging in Paris from this though - just isolated storms.
http://www.meteofrance.com/FR/mameteo/prevDept.jsp?LIEUID=DEPT75

*Ljubica*
06-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Morning All - well am WAH today and Friday so fingers crossed! Agree about seeing the doubles - no chance and frankly am not optimistic about TV showing Lenglen at all.

Weather looks bit more encouraging in Paris from this though - just isolated storms.
http://www.meteofrance.com/FR/mameteo/prevDept.jsp?LIEUID=DEPT75

I'm WAH on Friday too :) Thanks for the forecast - looks better than here - can hardly see out of my office window for the :rain: at the moment.

Jelena_78
06-03-2008, 11:39 AM
20 minutes to go :unsure:

Good luck Novak!

:clap2:

Herdwick
06-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Looks like Eurosport are showing Nole! Saints be praised!

savesthedizzle
06-03-2008, 12:12 PM
And TTC is showing Ana :rolleyes: but I have to leave for work now anyway. Good luck Nole :D

*Ljubica*
06-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Looks like Eurosport are showing Nole! Saints be praised!

:bigcry: And here am I at work and about to go into a meeting, so can't even follow :sobbing:

Btw - thanks for your words of support in GM. That poster is an idiot, and will soon get himself banned from here - it is only a matter of time and I look forward to it :angel:

Herdwick
06-03-2008, 12:16 PM
We know you'll be with us in spirit. On basis of first game this isn't going to be easy.

And no problem - have determined to be rational and courteous no matter what.

*Ljubica*
06-03-2008, 12:19 PM
We know you'll be with us in spirit. On basis of first game this isn't going to be easy.

And no problem - have determined to be rational and courteous no matter what.

I was thinking about developing a "migraine" and going home early :o But I thought that was a bit too obvious as I've only just had a week off, and want to sneak out early a few times next week for Queens.

Ajde Nole - and of course I'm there in spirit. Maybe there will be :rain: and Eurosport will repeat it later?

Herdwick
06-03-2008, 12:23 PM
2-1. You'll be delighted to know he's in the black!

*Ljubica*
06-03-2008, 12:24 PM
2-1. You'll be delighted to know he's in the black!

:drool: But are the shorts see-through? :angel: At which point - I really have to say :wavey: My stupid meeting awaits me :spit: Catch you later - ajde Nole :hug:

Herdwick
06-03-2008, 12:36 PM
That is the disadvantage of the black shorts...:devil:

arm
06-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Hello!! :wavey:

Eurosport :yeah: Keep it this way!

Herdwick
06-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Hello

But this is horrible from Nole so far!

Scotso
06-03-2008, 12:51 PM
That is the disadvantage of the black shorts...:devil:

Yes, but asses look so hot in black.

arm
06-03-2008, 01:00 PM
True. Not very good from him. =S

Yes, but asses look so hot in black.

Soo true.

Herdwick
06-03-2008, 01:36 PM
This is truly terrible - he's so flat; he's missing everything and his serve's misfiring. In short, unless he improves and fast he's going out. Best hope is a rain delay or a head transplant.

camnation
06-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Eurosport :yeah: Keep it this way!
Are they showing Novak right now? I left my house about an hour ago and began recording in the middle of the Ivanovic match (but seeing that Nole isn't doing all that great, maybe it's best that I don't see him :unsure:... oh no, I don't really mean that! :sad:).

Herdwick
06-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Still on Eurosport but best pray for rain if you're a Nole fan.

Herdwick
06-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Sal volatile please...

Lee
06-03-2008, 02:26 PM
7-5 7-6 One more set Nole! Ajde!

Lee
06-03-2008, 02:28 PM
TTC is supposed to show Nadal/Almagro match but since Almagro forgets how to play tennis, JMac is so disgusted that TTC switched back to Nole's match. :tape:

Herdwick
06-03-2008, 02:39 PM
You mean Almagro's playing even worse than Nole? Wow - quality stuff on show today.

Can't work out how Nole's 2 sets up playing like this - I have to say Rafa would kill him on clay on this form.

Lee
06-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Nole is not that bad :p And I only start watching at 3-3 in first set. Nole wasn't spectacular but he's much better than Almagro.

Herdwick
06-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Nole is not that bad :p And I only start watching at 3-3 in first set. Nole wasn't spectacular but he's much better than Almagro.

Shudder to think how bad Almagro is then. I just have had no confidence in any of Nole's groundstrokes today, he's hardly volleyed at all, he's been outthought at the net and as for his serve....

Hate to say it but a more mature and consistent Gulbis is going to give him real problems in a year or so.

arm
06-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Camnation, Eurosport is showing Nole. :)

This is being painful. :sad:

Almagro :help::help: I could see that one coming.. :sad:

Lee
06-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Camnation, Eurosport is showing Nole. :)

This is being painful. :sad:

Almagro :help::help: I could see that one coming.. :sad:

Which one is painful to watch? :lol:

Almagro is just terrible and he is not even fighting *sigh* They may finish before Nole's match is done. :tape: Unless Nole wins his next 2 service games. :p

arm
06-03-2008, 03:03 PM
Almagro's is painful. Sooo painful.

Djokovic is not playing amazingly well, but IMO, the match has never been in doubt. He just makes me feel so confident!

As for Almagro, :help:

Lee
06-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Looks like Almagro won't win more games than Verdasco. :tape: With the low temperature out there, I double Nadal even sweat :p

Lee
06-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Just one more game, please Nole!

arm
06-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Expected choke from Almagro.

IMO, he is a bit overrated...

Lee
06-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Broken while serving for the match but he got it right back. A bit too close for comfort :p

7-5 7-6 7-5

arm
06-03-2008, 03:28 PM
What I love about Nole, is that eventhough he hasn't been play great, we can still expect him to play his best with Nadal.

Good enough from him today. ;)

Next please! :yeah: :unsure::scared:

*Ljubica*
06-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Oh my :rolleyes: I put wings on my feet and got home at 4-4 in the 2nd set........... and Nole ............... WTF :banghead: That was probably the worst performance I have ever seen of his - and something tells me that I started watching when he started playing better :help:

So Nole darling - I love you and all that, but please PLEASE get your act together before your next match.

Btw - interesting fact from our lovely Brit Eurosport commentators..............by winning that match, Nole has now reached 5 consecutive Grand Slam semi finals, which makes him only the 4th player ever to have done this in the 40 years of the Open Era. The others are Federer, Lendl and Becker.

Herdwick
06-03-2008, 03:36 PM
No point being charitable here - may as well tell it like it is.:banghead:

So passive! I know, as did Nole; that was about his only strategy - that Gulbis could pretty much be relied on to make a UE every 3-4 points - but that did not inspire.

*Ljubica*
06-03-2008, 03:39 PM
No point being charitable here - may as well tell it like it is.:banghead:

Exactly - he played like sh*t :sad: And if Gulbis had been more experienced, we would probably be saying :wavey: to our cute Nole now :sad: I hope he gives himself a very strict talking to, and comes out with a different mindset on Friday.

Herdwick
06-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Yo to that! And we'll be home to see it!
*Pushes pictures of us scraping his battered and bleeding remains off the Chatrier clay firmly out of head*

*Ljubica*
06-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Yo to that! And we'll be home to see it!
*Pushes pictures of us scraping his battered and bleeding remains off the Chatrier clay firmly out of head*

But think how grateful he would be to us for looking after him - and far too weak to refuse our evil older woman demands :devil: :angel:

Herdwick
06-03-2008, 03:59 PM
But think how grateful he would be to us for looking after him - and far too weak to refuse our evil older woman demands :devil: :angel:

Gratitude - well possibly.

But as he'd have just been humilated in front of both us and the watching millions I think our demands would go unsatisfied. (Unless you think he might be into a spot of BDSM.)

but-it's-ok
06-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Nole-he got through thats all that matters. I think he'll save his best for Nadal:devil: I am a big fan of Ernests too, and Rose your take on the match seems about right from what I have read elsewhere. Guys I didn't watch the match because I am sick at the moment.

4th player only in Open Era to reach 5 consecutive GS semi finals-wonderful Nole:worship:

*Ljubica*
06-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Gratitude - well possibly.

But as he'd have just been humilated in front of both us and the watching millions I think our demands would go unsatisfied. (Unless you think he might be into a spot of BDSM.)

Sadly I have yet to discover what he is into - but I would love to find out :aplot:

Di :hug: Thanks for your nice words. Get well soon :hug:

arm
06-03-2008, 04:15 PM
It wasn't thaaaat bad. He won! That's all it matters.

:scared:

gambit84
06-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Novak is ready for his first wictory against Rafa on clay :yeah:

Lee
06-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Novak is ready for his first wictory against Rafa on clay :yeah:

I like your confidence :lol: You should share a little with Almagro :lol:

Herdwick
06-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Rosie - I fear we are lowering the tone again. (But am sure, of the top three, Nole would be the one most open to experiment. Am sure Rafa is very vanilla and can only picture Fed and Mirka in slippers with cups of Horlicks.)

Right - tone duly lowered. In best GM style I shall now proceed to chide gambit84 for insufferable arrogance.;)

gambit84
06-03-2008, 04:51 PM
I like your confidence :lol: You should share a little with Almagro :lol:

I watched the Rafa's match, he played so :eek::eek::eek:

but Novak has a better defensive game then Nico and a better mental power :angel::angel:

:rocker2:

Jelena_78
06-03-2008, 05:05 PM
I watched the Rafa's match, he played so :eek::eek::eek:

It's his birthday, he had to play so :eek::eek::eek:

No, really, he was incredibly good! But who knows what Friday brings :tennis: :scared: :bolt:

Well done Novak for the victory today, I knew it was gonna be tough...

:rocker2:

*Ljubica*
06-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Rosie - I fear we are lowering the tone again. (But am sure, of the top three, Nole would be the one most open to experiment. Am sure Rafa is very vanilla and can only picture Fed and Mirka in slippers with cups of Horlicks.)

Right - tone duly lowered. In best GM style I shall now proceed to chide gambit84 for insufferable arrogance.;)

:lol: Please PLEASE don't put thoughts into my mind about Nadal in that way :bolt: I am about to eat my dinner and I don't want to throw it up :angel:

As for Raffaele's arrogance - hmmmmm - I sure wish I had his confidence! There is nothing in the (tennis) world that would please me more than Nole thrashing Nadal - a triple bagel would make my heart burst with pride and joy - but I can't see it happening :sad: He'll be lucky to get one set I think :awww:

*Ljubica*
06-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Transcript of Nole's Press Conference. It is also on video at the RG site.:secret: For the fangirls amongst us - he is wearing blue :inlove:

Q. Do you think we've seen someone out there today who you had to play really well to beat who could be in and amongst the very best players in the world in the not too distant future?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, that's one of the possibilities. He has all the elements in the game to do so. He has great potential, and he's a very nice guy. I know him for a long time on and off the court. We have been practicing together in the same place for three years.

We knew each other's game, but we never met officially on the tournaments, so it was a bit tricky for both of us. Obviously he didn't have anything to lose, you know, first quarterfinals of the Grand Slam.

I knew that he was going to be aggressive and just go for the shots, so I was trying to be patient, you know, and just try to calm his game down a little bit.

There was a lot of interruptions with the rain and with the bad weather, but I think it went more in my advantage because when there is rain, the courts are getting slower, which makes the serve not so effective as in other conditions.

But certainly he has a big potential to be one of the best players in the world in upcoming couple of months or years. But, you know, it all depends from his mental ability, you know, if he's stable or not.

You know, he had some crucial moments when he made some unforced errors and double faults, so he still needs to ‑‑ he needs to get some time and get more experience.

Q. Would you say that today on the big points it was your willingness to play safe percentage tennis that saw you through?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, you know, as I said, I knew he was going to go for the shots, so I didn't want to make the same rhythm. I didn't want to try to overpower his game. He's very strong. He's very tall. He has a great serve. He surprise me with the percentage of the first serve.

He was making a lot of troubles to me to return his serves, so, you know, if he can rely on some element in the game, which was serving in this position, then it's much easier to continue playing.

But I tried to play a bit more patient and more safe in certain moments, yeah, that's for sure. But this is not going to be a case in the next match.

Q. When you kind of walked back to the locker room and see that Nadal has won 6‑1, 6‑1, 6‑1 against someone who has won more clay court matches than you this year, then what's your immediate sensation?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I told my coach, I think it was 6‑1, 6‑1, 5‑1, I told him, Look, go, go fast. See one game, you know. Try to catch at least a game and see how it goes. Maybe he play some bad shots (laughter.)

It's impressive, of course. He's been playing better and better, you know. He improve I think the serve a lot this year, on clay especially, and he's going for some shots much more.

He combines that with his great physical strength and then patience, and it's impressive on this surface.

But I don't want to go out there in semis and just try my best. I don't want to do that. I want to win, and I think I have good quality and good chance.

I mean, I know, of course, he's a favorite, and all the credit to that. But only with a positive attitude and approach in the match I can get the positive outcome.

Q. You will play more aggressive than Hamburg, like the beginning of the match when you are winning? Or what do you think about?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I think Hamburg was really good match for me. I was really unfortunate. I mean, I don't think it can happen second time that I am so unfortunate on a lot of break points and in important moments I hit so many lets and even the string breaks, things like that. I didn't have luck.

But if I play that way, you know, and if I'm able to keep on going that way, keep that aggressivity on the high level and be consistent in the strokes and just try to stick with him, you know, be all the time with him mentally as well, then I have a good chance.

Q. Is this the ultimate challenge in tennis, playing against Nadal on clay?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, yeah. In this position, yeah. In this period of the year when he's so dominant in last couple of years on this surface, he's never lost a match on the center court in the French Open, you know, he's ‑‑ all to his favor.

But it's a big challenge for me, I think, as the third player of the world and Grand Slam winner this year.

He has, you know, things have quite changed since the last year playing on clay. I think I have more quality in my game and more variety, so hopefully I can use it against him.

Q. Do you think it's a bigger challenge playing Rafa here or playing Roger at Wimbledon?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I don't know. I never played Roger in Wimbledon, so I can't say.

Q. The question is like completing the other question. The challenge of trying to beat Nadal for the first time in Paris, is it for you as strong as or wanting to win the French Open almost, like somebody's going to stop Nadal, being the one who's going to stop him? Is it for you as important as winning the Grand Slam?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, I don't want to get into the book ‑‑ in the book of the history by beating Nadal. You know, it's not my priority goal. My priority goal is to keep on winning, keep on playing well, and then just trying to get as far as I can in the tournament. Winning the Grand Slam title is, of course, much more important.

Q. Are you going to have a different technique, or are you going to play as usual against Nadal?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I just said how I'm going to play.

Q. Is it fair to say that probably you are physically in the best possible shape to play this match? I think in the past you haven't been able to play as well as you would have liked because you've had an injury or two. Is it fair to say that you are in the best shape you could possibly be?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I think, yes. I think I'm on the top of my shape, at least confidence, you know. I've been winning a lot this year, and I approached the big matches in the big events much different than the past years.

So this can be one of the keys in the upcoming match, and of course physical strength, which is very important. The fact that I'm going to have two days now to rest and recover is encouraging for me.

Q. There's another set of semifinals, men's and women's, and three Serbian players again. The three of you have not only have shown a lot of talent, but you seem very consistent. You don't trip up early. I mean, is there one story there, or is it three different stories?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Plus doubles. You didn't mention doubles. We have like five or six guys in doubles. Four, whatever. Seven. I don't know, seven all together?

So, yeah, it's getting better and better. I mean, I think the country has only positive thoughts about tennis now. It's No. 1 sport. I'm feeling happy when I see the guys of my country, countryfellows, you know, girls and men, doing so well.

Of course, it's much nicer than to see somebody else. For such a small country, it's a big success. We represent our country. Yeah, we support each other. We have very fair understanding for each other, and very fair relations, so it's nice.

Q. How hard he hits and the kind of ball he hits, where does that rate with all the other players in the world? Is it right up there?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Who?

Q. Ernests Gulbis, how hard he hits.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, he hits the ball really hard. He has a great talent. He's been hitting the ball really fast throughout all the time, all these years that I know him. He developed, he got stronger.

Maybe he needs to improve a little bit on his movement more and just to gain the experience. As I said, he has all the things he need to be a top 10 player.

Q. Were you at all surprised by how hard he was hitting right at the beginning?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I knew he's going to be very aggressive, so I wasn't really.

Q. You're such an emotional player, and I'm wondering if you're conscious during the match of wanting the crowd to be with you, if there's anything that you try to do? If you're feeling like you're losing them, do you try to get them back? Did your experience in Australia against Tsonga teach you anything about that?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes, well, I'm emotional, of course, and going through a lot of frustrations and of course positive and negative energy throughout the match.

It's normal to have some kind of ‑‑ for me, of course, it's normal ‑‑ everybody's different ‑‑ to have some kind of expressions after a bad point or good point. That's the way I am. I have a big temperament on the court, so I just like it that way.

Every person is different, and the crowd is important on every tournament, every match. It's really important if you can get the crowd behind you to support you. You know, you get motivation. You know, you get motivated, you get a lot of positive energy, and you kind of play easier, you know.

If you have a crowd against you, it's a totally different situation. Then you're fighting against the crowd and your opponent. This can put you in a really tricky position. That's why sometimes maybe during the match, you know, if I see the crowd is against me I react crazy, but, you know, it's all part of the sport.

Q. Did Australia teach you anything about that?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Not, not specially.

Q. I was told that just before the match you got a little problem, physical problem. You were late, something like that. It was wrong information?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Absolutely.

Q. And second question: Comment about the warning?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: About the warning?

Q. Yeah.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No comment. I accept it. You know, as long as they are giving me the prewarnings, no problem about that. My fault. I admit.

Herdwick
06-03-2008, 06:40 PM
You can't really ask for more than the last line in the press conference.

*Ljubica*
06-03-2008, 06:42 PM
You can't really ask for more than the last line in te press conference.

No - but I'm sure the fools in GM will find something to attack :rolleyes:

Björki
06-03-2008, 06:42 PM
well done Nole :yeah:

Lee
06-03-2008, 06:53 PM
ESPN is planning on covering Rafa/Almagro :D

So TTC for me :D

:tape: Thanks for the totally idiotic play by Almagro, ESPN showed the full match of Nole/Gulbis match first up.

Lee
06-03-2008, 06:55 PM

Already find this ;)

Q. The question is like completing the other question. The challenge of trying to beat Nadal for the first time in Paris, is it for you as strong as or wanting to win the French Open almost, like somebody's going to stop Nadal, being the one who's going to stop him? Is it for you as important as winning the Grand Slam?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, I don't want to get into the book ‑‑ in the book of the history by beating Nadal. You know, it's not my priority goal. My priority goal is to keep on winning, keep on playing well, and then just trying to get as far as I can in the tournament. Winning the Grand Slam title is, of course, much more important.

neenah
06-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Good luck to Nole against Rafa - I won't be cheering for anyone in this match but of course I won't be able to watch it. I feel so distant from RG because I only was able to watch one day. :awww:

arm
06-03-2008, 07:45 PM

Oh they will...

I saw the video too. :inlove:

Why does he always have to be that cute? why? :drool:

arm
06-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Good luck to Nole against Rafa - I won't be cheering for anyone in this match but of course I won't be able to watch it. I feel so distant from RG because I only was able to watch one day. :awww:

Me neither nina... Prom day.. :(

:secret: I have considererd the possibility of missing the prom in order to watch the match, but my friends would kill me.. :secret:

*Ljubica*
06-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Oh they will...

I saw the video too. :inlove:

Why does he always have to be that cute? why? :drool:

:awww: Guess we'd better ask Srdjan and Dijana - they made him that way :lol: Mind you - in my view, pretty much all Serbian guys are pretty cute - or am I just biased? :lol:

*Ljubica*
06-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Me neither nina... Prom day.. :(

:secret: I have considererd the possibility of missing the prom in order to watch the match, but my friends would kill me.. :secret:

Am I being very silly here? :confused: But I thought a Prom was just in the evening - so can't you watch the match first and then go afterwards? Certainly, if I wasn't working from home that day, I would surely throw a sickie :tape:

arm
06-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Am I being very silly here? :confused: But I thought a Prom was just in the evening - so can't you watch the match first and then go afterwards? Certainly, if I wasn't working from home that day, I would surely throw a sickie :tape:

Rosie, you silly? No way :hug:

Of course it's in the evening, but as a good girl that I am, I still have a lot of things to do before it. Like buying the dress :o

So I'll be busy, busy, busy during the afternoon... Besides, it's my last day of school and all my friends are planning a lunch...

Anyway, I'll fight with all my strengths to find the time to watch it.

And if I have to miss that luch with my class, I'll miss it. :sad:

EDIT: As for the serbs, I'm willing to visit Serbia soon :drool:

*Ljubica*
06-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Rosie, you silly? No way :hug:

Of course it's in the evening, but as a good girl that I am, I still have a lot of things to do before it. Like buying the dress :o

So I'll be busy, busy, busy during the afternoon... Besides, it's my last day of school and all my friends are planning a lunch...

Anyway, I'll fight with all my strengths to find the time to watch it.

And if I have to miss that luch with my class, I'll miss it. :sad:

EDIT: As for the serbs, I'm willing to visit Serbia soon :drool:

Buy the dress tomorow :p And skip the lunch for sure - Nole is more important :lol: No - seriously- I hope you have a great day, and the Prom goes well, - and somehow I think that a resourceful and intelligent young lady like yourself will find the time to watch him:)

And somehow I think they would love you in Serbia :)

arm
06-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Buy the dress tomorow :p No - seriously

Good idea. I'll try. But you know, no matter how hard I try tomorrow, I'll still think that I could find anything better the next day.. :o I may get lucky. :)

And skip the lunch for sure - Nole is more important :lol:

Oh he is, believe me he is. But if I dare telling my friends that I would rather watch Nole's match than have lunch with them, they will be soooo :mad: :fiery:. Most of my friends don't like Djokovic just because I am always talking about him and re-sheduling things in order to watch his matches. A few months ago, I had a really big fight with my ex-boyfriend because of Nole.. :o No wonder we don't date anymore, if he doesn't accept my postion about Nole... (oh no, we didn't break up because of tennis.. :p)

I hope you have a great day, and the Prom goes well, - and somehow I think that a resourseful and intelligent young lady like yourself will find the time to watch him:)

Thank you :hug:

And yes, there's a part of me that won't let me miss the match, so that part is sure that I'll manage to watch it.

And somehow I think they would love you in Serbia

Really? :D You've already found your Serb, so I guess it's my time now. :drool: :lol:

*Ljubica*
06-03-2008, 08:40 PM
I know what you mean about finding the right dress:) We don't have Proms in the UK like they seem to everywhere else - but I know it's a pretty big deal, and you want to look your best. Somehow, I think you'll look beautiful whatever you wear:)

As for the ex-boyfriend,- well if he didn't understand and respect your own hobbies and interests (and the fact that you cared about something/someone apart from him!), - then he wasn't the right person for you anyway :) You seem like a pretty bright and sassy young lady (as well as being petite and blonde!) - so you could do much better than him I'm sure.

And I certainly wish you luck in finding your Serbian :lol: Jess has already shown an interest in my Alex's younger brother :lol: and sadly he has no more brothers for me to share around :lol: Only a couple of nephews (his sister's children) who are still too young at 14 and 16. But I'm sure you can find one for yourself :p

Anyway - I am out of here for the night - speak soon I'm sure. And enjoy the rest of your evening :hug:

Scotso
06-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Rafa had 46 winners and 9 unforced errors today. He's been so dominant this week, I think Nole is in a lot of trouble. :help:

arm
06-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Thank you Rose. :) To be honest I am not in the mood for Prom, but it's a one time thing in my life so I'll try to enjoy it. :)

As for the Serb, I'll manage to find one. :lol:

Talk to you tomorrow :wavey:

Good night :hug:

gambit84
06-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Rafa had 46 winners and 9 unforced errors today. He's been so dominant this week, I think Nole is in a lot of trouble. :help:

Scott be positive :help:

I've good sensations :help:

arm
06-03-2008, 09:05 PM

Let's just have a little faith, shall we? :scared:

gambit84
06-03-2008, 09:06 PM
dudes, be positive :fiery:

:rolls:

arm
06-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Oh I am. In fact, just like you, I have a good feeling.. :)

gambit84
06-03-2008, 09:14 PM
It's the last chance I give to Paris for becoming a tourney I like :help:

winners: Elena Dementieva and Novak Djokovic :D :angel:

:smoke:

arm
06-03-2008, 09:26 PM
That would be amazing... Dementieva is my fav too. But I would also be happy if JJ won.

savesthedizzle
06-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Scott be positive :help:

I've good sensations :help:

I like your optimism :D :D

And I certainly wish you luck in finding your Serbian :lol: Jess has already shown an interest in my Alex's younger brother :lol: and sadly he has no more brothers for me to share around :lol: Only a couple of nephews (his sister's children) who are still too young at 14 and 16. But I'm sure you can find one for yourself :p

:yeah:

Oh and this made me :rolls:

Q. There's another set of semifinals, men's and women's, and three Serbian players again. The three of you have not only have shown a lot of talent, but you seem very consistent. You don't trip up early. I mean, is there one story there, or is it three different stories?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Plus doubles. You didn't mention doubles. We have like five or six guys in doubles. Four, whatever. Seven. I don't know, seven all together?

I just like him saying random numbers, 5 or 6... 4.... 7... :lol:

arm
06-03-2008, 09:46 PM
So I heard about your Serb, Jess.. :p

I'll find one myself :lol:

:hug:

savesthedizzle
06-03-2008, 09:47 PM

Well I cannot say he is mine exactly :) I just claimed the opportunity to be set up with him first :rolls:

Now that Viktor is single again I might have my eyes on another Serb :aplot:

arm
06-03-2008, 09:54 PM
oh I understand you... :p I do...

:lol: The Serbs, oh the Serbs... :drool:

Lee
06-03-2008, 11:57 PM
I love all the predictions by Darren Cahill. :p

Lee
06-03-2008, 11:57 PM
It's the last chance I give to Paris for becoming a tourney I like :help:

winners: Elena Dementieva and Novak Djokovic :D :angel:

:smoke:

I like Lena but poor girl will be crushed in final if she makes it there. :tape:

For Nole's match vs Nadal, I am sure he will have a scoreline much much better than the other 2 Spaniards but defeating him, I am not sure.

Remember there's an appreciation thread for a Canadian with a last name ended in "vic". Plus he has half French blood. ;) Although last check, he has a girlfriend.

:secret: and the Canadians here believe his dad and/or sis post here

camnation
06-03-2008, 11:59 PM
I didn't get to see the match for some reason... they didn't air it in my coverage! And I was looking forward to it too... sigh. :sad:
Anyway, after a bad match Nole usually bounces back with a good one, right? But this is Rafa we're talking about. Hmm... well, at least he defended his semi-final points.

savesthedizzle
06-04-2008, 12:00 AM
I didn't get to see the match for some reason... they didn't air it in my coverage! And I was looking forward to it too... sigh. :sad:
Anyway, after a bad match Nole usually bounces back with a good one, right? But this is Rafa we're talking about. Hmm... well, at least he defended his semi-final points.

That is the silver lining to this cloud :lol:

Lee
06-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Yes, defended his SF points and both Federer and Nadal can't gain more point on him (OK, Federer will gain point if he won but then Nole will get more close to the #2 ranking)

savesthedizzle
06-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Yes, defended his SF points and both Federer and Nadal can't gain more point on him (OK, Federer will gain point if he won but then Nole will get more close to the #2 ranking)

And that is the silver lining to that cloud :D

neenah
06-04-2008, 12:18 AM
So if Nole doesn't make the final you guys will turn into Fedtards for the day of the final? :D ;)

savesthedizzle
06-04-2008, 12:21 AM
So if Nole doesn't make the final you guys will turn into Fedtards for the day of the final? :D ;)

It is not within my soul to do that I'm afraid, I do like Rafa quite a bit. But the others might :)

njnetswill
06-04-2008, 12:23 AM
Come on Novak. :rocker2:

As much as I want him to beat Nadal, I kind of want to see Rafa in the final so Fed will not have a good chance to win the French. :nerner:

neenah
06-04-2008, 12:26 AM
It is not within my soul to do that I'm afraid, I do like Rafa quite a bit. But the others might :)

I like Rafa too (obviously) but I'm getting those "now-or-never" vibes for Roger concerning the FO :unsure: So I would be more upset with Nole for beating Roger here than I was at the AO, where I recovered speedily because Nole got his first Slam. :D

neenah
06-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Come on Novak. :rocker2:

As much as I want him to beat Nadal, I kind of want to see Rafa in the final so Fed will not have a good chance to win the French. :nerner:

:nerner: right back at you if Nole wins and Fed finally gets his FO :p :hug:

neenah
06-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Woah, when did I break 3,000 posts without realizing?! :unsure:

That's a big number. :lol:

savesthedizzle
06-04-2008, 12:37 AM

You'll be at 72,000 in no time :tape:

Lee
06-04-2008, 12:48 AM

I won't care who wins. Just like the last Wimbly and RG :tape:

I broke 45,000 posts earlier and I needed another poster to remind me. :lol:

Scotso
06-04-2008, 03:55 AM
I could never cheer for Federer. Ever. It just wouldn't happen.

*Ljubica*
06-04-2008, 06:51 AM

:) You know I've always been a bit of a closet FedTard Nina, so you have no worries on that score with me :) I said right from the beginnning, that if Nole didn't win this French Open I wanted Roger too, and not just because of the Number 2 thing for Nole. I just think it would be nice for Roger to win the one GS that has eluded him - and everyone knows my feelings about Nadal :spit: Maybe I should go into therapy to help me get over them :lol:

Morning all :wavey:

PennyThePenguin
06-04-2008, 12:46 PM
I could never be a fedtard.......it's too, unnatural :scared:

arm
06-04-2008, 01:10 PM
I like Lena but poor girl will be crushed in final if she makes it there. :tape:

For Nole's match vs Nadal, I am sure he will have a scoreline much much better than the other 2 Spaniards but defeating him, I am not sure.

Remember there's an appreciation thread for a Canadian with a last name ended in "vic". Plus he has half French blood. ;) Although last check, he has a girlfriend.

Oh :drool: good point! :drool: He has a girlfriend? :mad:

What do you mean? :eek:

Lee
06-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Oh :drool: good point! :drool: He has a girlfriend? :mad:

What do you mean? :eek:

He talked about his girlfriend in US last summer.

In a challenger thread, a poster said he's the father and thanked the supports for him here. Overtime, the poster proved to be a very reliable source of his schedule, like he would play quali in Surbiton after his lost in RG, his injury progress, etc.

arm
06-04-2008, 04:24 PM
He talked about his girlfriend in US last summer.

In a challenger thread, a poster said he's the father and thanked the supports for him here. Overtime, the poster proved to be a very reliable source of his schedule, like he would play quali in Surbiton after his lost in RG, his injury progress, etc.

Really?? :eek:

That's cool/strange! (I am talking about the poster, not the girlfriend. The girlfriend part is sad :sad: - :lol:)

Thank you, Lee.

arm
06-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Hi everyone :wavey:

Manon is in Paris in a conference. He managed to PM me and share his experience with me. He also allowed me to share it with you, as it is about Nole.

So this is a part of the message he sent me.

Yesterday was awesome day. Meeting Novak, talking to him.

Nice guy, exactly like The Cat Lady wrote. Very polite guy, in the mood, always lauging. Kids and girs adore him...We saw Rafa too but he was just smiling at us (he is like an innocent boy, sweet and surpisingly tall alive).

But this conversation with Novak was organized by sponsors and Nole hadn't much time...most impressive is FACT - here in Paris he is absolytelly one of the most beloved guy. All of them. I didn't meet one single person who said something bad about him but all of the other players too. I mean - MTF is nothing, bunch of lonely persons (talking about the haters). Almost 2 days we talked abut RG, players, favs...and my fellow coleagues love every player, more or less, but there's no hate. That word doesn'exist among normal, rational persons.

Thank you, Manon!

I hope you all enjoy reading this.

:)

Herdwick
06-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Wow.:bounce: Thanks for posting this - great to read - and please pass thanks to Manon as well.:worship:

arm
06-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Wow.:bounce: Thanks for posting this - great to read - and please pass thanks to Manon as well.:worship:

No problem! Ok. I will. :) I am just so happy for him. What an experience!

neenah
06-04-2008, 07:12 PM
I could never cheer for Federer. Ever. It just wouldn't happen.

I could never be a fedtard.......it's too, unnatural :scared:

:ras:

No, I understand, I don't think I could ever be a fan of certain players as well ;) :hug:

:) You know I've always been a bit of a closet FedTard Nina, so you have no worries on that score with me :) I said right from the beginnning, that if Nole didn't win this French Open I wanted Roger too, and not just because of the Number 2 thing for Nole. I just think it would be nice for Roger to win the one GS that has eluded him - and everyone knows my feelings about Nadal :spit: Maybe I should go into therapy to help me get over them :lol:

Morning all :wavey:

Aw Rose, you sound like I did two summers ago when it comes to Rafa :p I got over it though, and I didn't even need therapy ;)

*Ljubica*
06-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks for posting this Raquel :hug: And big thanks to Manon too. Wish I was back in Paris.

And - yes - what he says is something that I noticed in Paris too. Everyone loved Novak there -all the fans, and the kids, (and the girls :lol:), and there was a great rapport between him and the other players and coaches that he interracted with in changeovers at the Practice Courts etc.

He was one of the few players who I noticed actually bothering to exchange pleasant words with the court cleaners and the workers on the practice courts, and also all the Security guys, and people on the doors of the Players' Lounge. He even used to chat to the girls at the ice cream stand next to the practice courts and to all the ballkids:) He seemed to be completely natural, and without "airs and graces", and got on with everyone with a lovely easy, friendly manner.

So - like Manon said - if some of the bitter little haters here went out and got a life instead of attacking people they have never met - MTF would be a much better place for everyone.

Raquel - again thanks for posting this, and :hug: to Manon for sharing it.

And for Nole :kiss::hug: For being the best :)

*Ljubica*
06-04-2008, 07:17 PM
:ras:

No, I understand, I don't think I could ever be a fan of certain players as well ;) :hug:

Aw Rose, you sound like I did two summers ago when it comes to Rafa :p I got over it though, and I didn't even need therapy ;)

:lol: So please tell me how you overcame your "problem" with the current world Number 2 :lol:

arm
06-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Again, no problem. You only need to thank Manon. He was the one who told me to share this with you all.

So, big :hug: for Manon.

And yes Rose, Nole really is the best.

amdany
06-04-2008, 07:21 PM
thanks Raquel and Manon for that:)

here's a link to a video where Nole and Djole are doing funny faces:D (it's at the very end)
http://roland-garros.france2.fr/index-fr.php?page=videos

*Ljubica*
06-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Again, no problem. You only need to thank Manon. He was the one who told me to share this with you all.

So, big :hug: for Manon.

And yes Rose, Nole really is the best.

I owe him a PM anyway - so will write to him myself - but probably leave it til he gets home, as I guess he won't have so much time for the Internet while he's working at the Conference this week.

arm
06-04-2008, 07:24 PM
That's a good idea - writing to him yourself. :)

And do it whenever you feel it's the right time.

He really is having fun in Paris.. :) I'm so happy for him.

*Ljubica*
06-04-2008, 07:30 PM
thanks Raquel and Manon for that:)

here's a link to a video where Nole and Djole are doing funny faces:D (it's at the very end)

Hamdanie :bigcry: I can't see it :bigcry: I just get a blank black screen after the Peugeot advert :shrug: Thanks anyway - but I did want to see the funny faces :sobbing:

And - yes Raquel - I'm glad M. is having fun too :)

Grofica
06-04-2008, 07:31 PM
hope Novak beats Nadal......I want him to win another GS :)

arm
06-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Hamdanie :bigcry: I can't see it :bigcry: I just get a blank black screen after the Peugeot advert :shrug: Thanks anyway - but I did want to see the funny faces :sobbing:

And - yes Raquel - I'm glad M. is having fun too :)

Me neither! I also get the blank screen after the advert... :shrug:

I also wanted to see the faces... :sad:

Herdwick
06-04-2008, 07:33 PM
:lol: So please tell me how you overcame your "problem" with the current world Number 2 :lol:

Evening

Can I shove in here too please? I'm another fairly recent convert to the charms of Rafa - up to about a year ago I hated watching him play and and also disliked him intensely (and there are very few players I actively detest). I think it was last year's Wimbledon which did it for me; he and Nole were both totally screwed by the weather and the scheduling and I seemed to spend most of the tournament watching one or both of them soggily trudging on and off court. Because Rafa was sharing Nole's trials I seemed to find myself empathising with both. So I started to read up on Rafa and couldn't find anything to dislike. Therefore I began to watch him play with more interest, started to analyse his game and it sort of grew from there.

*Ljubica*
06-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Evening

Can I shove in here too please? I'm another fairly recent convert to the charms of Rafa - up to about a year ago I hated watching him play and and also disliked him intensely (and there are very few players I actively detest). I think it was last year's Wimbledon which did it for me; he and Nole were both totally screwed by the weather and the scheduling and I seemed to spend most of the tournament watching one or both of them soggily trudging on and off court. Because Rafa was sharing Nole's trials I seemed to find myself empathising with both. So I started to read up on Rafa and couldn't find anything to dislike. Therefore I began to watch him play with more interest, started to analyse his game and it sort of grew from there.

You are welcome to "shove in" whenever you want :) Thanks for that, and I appreciate your comments - I just can't see the charms yet :sad:

*Ljubica*
06-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Me neither! I also get the blank screen after the advert... :shrug:

I also wanted to see the faces... :sad:

It's OK - I have sussed it now :) So what you do, is once you have clicked on the link Hamdanie gave us, - go and double click on the first box below it - the one called "Un Jour a Roland Garros". It starts with quite a long piece about Gael Monfils, and ends with the oh-so-cute Djokovic brothers being silly! And - oh my - they are to die for :inlove: Just sooooo cute :) Nole adores his little brother so much, it is amazing to see :)

And I know people moan about Srdjan and Dijana - and they sure have their faults,- but one thing you can't fault them for is the way they've bought their kids up to have such a strong family loyalty, unity and closeness. Parents who inspire that much love and sense of family in their boys, must be doing something right :) Hope you can see it :)

amdany
06-04-2008, 07:47 PM
It's OK - I have sussed it now :) So what you do, is once you have clicked on the link Hamdanie gave us, - go and double click on the first box below it - the one called "Un Jour a Roland Garros". It starts with quite a long piece about Gael Monfils, and ends with the oh-so-cute Djokovic brothers being silly! And - oh my - they are to die for :inlove: Just sooooo cute :) Nole adores his little brother so much, it is amazing to see :)

And I know people moan about Srdjan and Dijana - and they sure have their faults,- but one thing you can't fault them for is the way they've bought their kids up to have such a strong family loyalty, unity and closeness. Parents who inspire that much love and sense of family in their boys, must be doing something right :) Hope you can see it :)

oh you found it by yourself, great:), I was searching for another link

*Ljubica*
06-04-2008, 07:48 PM
oh you found it by yourself, great:), I was searching for another link

I am very resourceful when it comes to "stalking" Nole - even over the Internet :lol: Thanks again for posting it :hug:

arm
06-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Thank you Rose!

It's adorable. :inlove: So cute.

And I agree with you about the Djokovic family. ;)

Herdwick
06-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Ah well Rosie - perhaps you will see the light. There are far worthier recipients of your ire than Rafa though.

Friday is looming large already. Am torn.

Would love Nole to win the SF but if by some miracle he should, would he be too knackered to offer any challenge to Fed (sorry Gael; I don't see him going any further) thus risking annihilation in the final and heralding further crowing by the insufferables?

I would also love Fed to finally win RG but to do so he surely should have to beat Rafa, not an exhausted Nole? If Nole has beaten Rafa then why should Fed benefit?

Or would a victorious Nole be so charged by beating Rafa on clay that he would find the energy to ride the wave and also beat Fed?

Brain is fair buzzing.

amdany
06-04-2008, 07:51 PM
I am very resourceful when it comes to "stalking" Nole - even over the Internet :lol: Thanks again for posting it :hug:

:lol:, no problem:hug:

Herdwick
06-04-2008, 07:54 PM
It's OK - I have sussed it now :) So what you do, is once you have clicked on the link Hamdanie gave us, - go and double click on the first box below it - the one called "Un Jour a Roland Garros".

Thanks - have done that but it just says 'Locating media' for ages and then goes back to 'Ready'.

neenah
06-04-2008, 07:56 PM

A mixture of the fact that he had been playing significant matches against Federer lately so I'd been putting up with him a lot, and then there were some summer, school-less days with nothing better to do than watch interviews with tennis players and highlights of matches...and he kind of grew on me :lol:

*Ljubica*
06-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Ah well Rosie - perhaps you will see the light. There are far worthier recipients of your ire than Rafa though.

Would love Nole to win the SF but if by some miracle he should, would he be too knackered to offer any challenge to Fed (sorry Gael; I don't see him going any further) thus risking annihilation in the final and heralding further crowing by the insufferables?

I would also love Fed to finally win RG but to do so he surely should have to beat Rafa, not an exhausted Nole? If Nole has beaten Rafa then why should Fed benefit?

Or would a victorious Nole be so charged by beating Rafa on clay that he would find the energy to ride the wave and also beat Fed?

Brain is fair buzzing.
Ah yes -so many things to think about. I personally think that if Nole could beat Nadal, he would be on such an emotional high, that he would crush Roger :shrug: I just don't think he has the physical strength to slug it out on a clay court for 5 hours or so with the Spanish boy wonder :devil:

I appreciate what you say that Roger would probably prefer to beat Nadal, rather than anyone else, in the RG Final, to prove something to himself. But, having said that, I think winning RG means so much to him, that he would take victory anyway and against anyone he can.

About Gael - hmmm - I'm undecided as to whether he will rollover and die against Roger, or be carried through the match by the crowd on some emotional roller coaster, and become a "shock" finalist like Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in AO. Difference is - I like Tsonga a lot, but I just can't take to Gael at all :shrug: And - honestly - can you imagine how the French crowd would react if he got to the final against either Nadal or Nole :help:

arm
06-04-2008, 07:59 PM

Brain is fair buzzing.

Can I have a word about this too? I'll be fast. ;)

I used to dislike nadal until I watched some of his interviews. I came to the conclusion that the reason why I didn't like Nadal was his behaviour on court: the time between points, over celebrating, etc... But I also found out that he is not the type of person he seems to be on court, he is actually nice and so shy and cute. Now I even like him. :shrug:

He is not one of my favourite players, but at least now I do respect him and sympathize with him..

*Ljubica*
06-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks - have done that but it just says 'Locating media' for ages and then goes back to 'Ready'.

Try double clicking in the centre of the screen once it says ready - it works for me:) You'll get the BNP Paribas advert first - you know the one with all the people running about on court that they show a lot on Eurosport, and then the clip starts.

Oh - and girls - if ever I decide to quit hating on Nadal - it will all be down to you:angel:

neenah
06-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Can I have a word about this too? I'll be fast. ;)

I used to dislike nadal until I watched some of his interviews. I came to the conclusion that the reason why I didn't like Nadal was his behaviour on court: the time between points, over celebrating, etc... But I also found out that he is not the type of person he seems to be on court, he is actually nice and so shy and cute. Now I even like him. :shrug:

He is not one of my favourite players, but at least now I do respect him and sympathize with him..

Yes, it's those interviews ;)

"Hyes, he play unbeliebable, no?" :lol:

*Ljubica*
06-04-2008, 08:15 PM

Aaargh :spit: :bolt: They make me want to commit murder :o

Herdwick
06-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Try double clicking in the centre of the screen once it says ready - it works for me:) You'll get the BNP Paribas advert first - you know the one with all the people running about on court that they show a lot on Eurosport, and then the clip starts.

Oh - and girls - if ever I decide to quit hating on Nadal - it will all be down to you:angel:

Nope :banghead::banghead: I get the adverts Ok but then it stops and just says 'Locating media'.

Just a thought - are you IE or Firefox please?

Herdwick
06-04-2008, 08:22 PM

Yeah - Rafa's i/vs used annoy me but now I just think he's cute. He does have adorable big brown eyes.:D

neenah
06-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Aaargh :spit: :bolt: They make me want to commit murder :o

:haha: To each her own then :)

amdany
06-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Nope :banghead::banghead: I get the adverts Ok but then it stops and just says 'Locating media'.

Just a thought - are you IE or Firefox please?

I'm using IE,don't know for Rose...

*Ljubica*
06-04-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm using IE,don't know for Rose...

Yes - I'm using IE too. Maybe it works better with that :shrug:

*Ljubica*
06-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Yeah - Rafa's i/vs used annoy me but now I just think he's cute. He does have adorable big brown eyes.:D

So does my Aunt's Springer Spaniel - but I wouldn't want to watch him play tennis :angel:

arm
06-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Wow Rose, you really don't like the guy. :eek:

That's ok. :hug: I used to feel the same way... But I don't anymore.

*Ljubica*
06-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Wow Rose, you really don't like the guy. :eek:

That's ok. :hug: I used to feel the same way... But I don't anymore.

:lol: No - I don't :devil: But I'm really not that much of a b*tch - honestly! It's my one vice and failing :tape:

Anyway - it's :zzz: time for me - I have to get up at 5.30am again tomorrow :spit: Good night and sweet dreams to all :hug:

arm
06-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Girls:

probably spot on. each and every set against the Clay Monster is so draining. He will wear down Djokovic. he will undress him piece by piece both physically and mentally in broad daylight.

Can you imagine this?? :inlove::drool:

EDIT: Good night Rose! :hug:

Herdwick
06-04-2008, 09:03 PM
So does my Aunt's Springer Spaniel - but I wouldn't want to watch him play tennis :angel:

Meeooww - Kitty has claws!

Ok - your loss I guess - we'll leave you mired in your hatred!

Interestingly, I detested Tsonga on first sight - have no idea why but he's firmly on my dislike list - and really like Monfils. Funny old world.

Very taken with Gulbis. Find myself speculating what he and Nole got up to in Munich...

Herdwick
06-04-2008, 09:05 PM
'...Djokovic...will undress him piece by piece ...physically... in broad daylight.''

Oh no he won't - that's our job:p:p:p:p

(Tone far too high here tonight)

And on that happy thought, night night sleepyheads... sweet Nole dreams to all

arm
06-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Herdick.. :worship: You're so right. That's our job.

Can you imagine Nole here with us?? Poor guy....

Lee
06-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Raquel, please send my thanks to Manon.

Lee
06-04-2008, 09:23 PM
I totally ignore CD's posts. :tape:

arm
06-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Lee, I'll tell Manon. :) don't worry.

As for CD, :haha: at least it was funny.

And imagining the scene, was more tha funny.... :drool:

Lee
06-04-2008, 09:27 PM
I guess that's why people keep responding to his nonsense thread :shrug:

Lee
06-04-2008, 09:28 PM
I lack imagination like your girls, (a result of married to the same guy for 20 years ;) :lol: ) thus, not so easy in laughing at CD's posts. :p

arm
06-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Which thread? Nonsense? That's not a clue...

Lee
06-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Which thread? Nonsense? That's not a clue...

All threads started by CD are nonsense :shrug:

arm
06-04-2008, 09:31 PM
That's what I meant. but are you talking about a specific one?

Lee
06-04-2008, 09:32 PM
That's what I meant. but are you talking about a specific one?

Probably the one that stays on the first page in GM forever :p

Sorry I am multitasking, thus, perdon me if I am not making sense and please point it out.

I am eating a big bowl of pasta at 2:33pm. The food drains my blood from my brain to my stomach. ;)

arm
06-04-2008, 09:36 PM
:haha: Lee :hug:

Pasta is :yeah:

No problem... Funny you're having lunch and I am about to go to bed...

Lee
06-04-2008, 09:40 PM
The RFK thread in GM reminds me of this:

AO: The 4 SFs are the top 3 seeds plus an out-of-no-where young Frenchie. Same for RG
AO: Nole face the defending champion in SF. Same for RG

and if the pattern continues:

Nole will defeat the defending champion in SF and will take out the out-of-no-where young Frenchie in the final. :devil:

arm
06-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Great thinking!

I didnt remember that!

I hope the pattern continues! Wouldn't it be amazing?

*Ljubica*
06-05-2008, 07:28 AM
I kind of like CD :o Maybe that means I need more therapy? :shrug:

And as for the undressing peice by piece .............. oh my............. two charming and experienced older women and a beautiful young blonde................ Nole might be too tired to play tennis afterwards - but I'm sure he would be happy :)

OK - tone lowered far too early on a Thursday morning - now I have to go an do some work - I'm busy today and I don't like it because work is encroaching on my MTF time :spit:

Oh - and Herdwick - I like Gulbis a lot too :) He has a nice, refreshing attitude, and a lovely smile, and he's a mighty fine player. And I certainly wonder about the "crazy days" too :lol:

Later :wavey:

arm
06-05-2008, 11:58 AM
And as for the undressing peice by piece .............. oh my............. two charming and experienced older women and a beautiful young blonde................ Nole might be too tired to play tennis afterwards - but I'm sure he would be happy :)

:angel::angel::angel: (3 angels - we :lol:)

Herdwick
06-05-2008, 12:00 PM
:angel::angel::angel: (3 angels - we :lol:)

Stop it you frivolous young hussy! Am at work and must concentrate;)

arm
06-05-2008, 12:03 PM
oh no! I am sorry, I was wrong. I should have writen:

:angel::angel::angel::angel: (the 4 of us, you're in now :p)

Scotso
06-05-2008, 02:09 PM
I will not be happy at all if the womens' final is Safina vs. Jankovic.

savesthedizzle
06-05-2008, 02:37 PM
I will not be happy at all if the womens' final is Safina vs. Jankovic.

I will be happy either way :) And I will be happy no matter who wins. :lol: I've started liking Safina this week. I was glad she won today because I've just never been able to warm to Kuznetsova at allll.

So with the womens there are no unfavorable options for me :D

The mens, well there is a clear preference :D

*Ljubica*
06-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Stop it you frivolous young hussy! Am at work and must concentrate;)

Now come on dear - if I am able to harbour lustful thoughts about Novak whilst working - I'm damn sure you can too :lol:

njnetswill
06-06-2008, 12:08 AM
I like Safina, Ivanovic, and Jankovic. So once Kuznetsova lost I was happy.

gambit84
06-06-2008, 12:48 AM
ready for the Nole win tomorrow? :rocker2:

and, btw, Davai Dinara :p

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 01:47 AM
I like Safina, Ivanovic, and Jankovic. So once Kuznetsova lost I was happy.

Exactttttttttttly the same for me :D :worship:

savesthedizzle
06-06-2008, 01:48 AM
ready for the Nole win tomorrow? :rocker2:

and, btw, Davai Dinara :p

Your optimism always brightens my day :rolls:

If Nole wins I will run naked around my neighborhood :haha: I will be that happy :haha:

camnation
06-06-2008, 01:51 AM
If Nole wins I will run naked around my neighborhood :haha: I will be that happy :haha:
Me too! :p

Scotso
06-06-2008, 04:11 AM
I will hold you both to that.

I actually had a dream during my nap that Nole won Roland Garros.

I had a dream during the tournament in 2000 that Mary Pierce won the singles and doubles... I kid you not.

But then I also had a dream that I fell down a rabbit hole and wandered around Wonderland. So they're a bit hit and miss.

amdany
06-06-2008, 06:43 AM
Your optimism always brightens my day :rolls:

Ajde Nole but I hope the rain won't ruin the semis:rolleyes:

like the other day, Nole at the end of the video (Nole alone first and then with Djole again:D)

gambit84
06-06-2008, 08:25 AM

a promise is a promise :p

but-it's-ok
06-06-2008, 08:31 AM
a promise is a promise :p

Well the weather is hot enough finally in England for me to consider a striptease, Noles showing will be just as hot:haha: The only cloud may be the Paris weather!!

Adje Nole:worship::hug:

gambit84
06-06-2008, 08:32 AM
I will hold you both to that.

I actually had a dream during my nap that Nole won Roland Garros.

I had a dream during the tournament in 2000 that Mary Pierce won the singles and doubles... I kid you not.

But then I also had a dream that I fell down a rabbit hole and wandered around Wonderland. So they're a bit hit and miss.

I dreamed to have sex with Lena Dementieva last year.
There was only one problem, we were on the Moon and I knew she was an alien Queen :smoke:
I don't know what I had smoked that day :rolls:

gambit84
06-06-2008, 08:34 AM
Well the weather is hot enough finally in England for me to consider a striptease, Noles showing will be just as hot:haha: The only cloud may be the Paris weather!!

Adje Nole:worship::hug:

no excuses, every Djokopop will run out after the Djoko win :rocker2:

but I live near the central square of my town :eek::eek::eek:
no regrets :rocker2: a promise is a promise :rocker2:

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Wakey wakey - where is everyone?

but-it's-ok
06-06-2008, 09:45 AM
no excuses, every Djokopop will run out after the Djoko win :rocker2:

but I live near the central square of my town :eek::eek::eek:
no regrets :rocker2: a promise is a promise :rocker2:

:eek::eek::eek: Maximum exposure guaranteed then and the perfect place for a big outbreak of Djoko elation:dance:

A promise worth keeping;)

but-it's-ok
06-06-2008, 09:46 AM

I'm here:wavey:Make me smile:)

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Morning:wavey:

Really bright and happy this morning - not sure why. Had a great night out last night so ought to be fragile.

Guess I am resigned to the forthcoming ritual slaughter - but please let him get a set.

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 10:06 AM

Morning my dear :wavey: Well as I'm supposed to be WAH today, I was actually "working" :unsure: so I can get it all done before the match! I am also so nervous I feel sick :unsure:

And as for this running naked round the neighbourhood thing - :eek: LOL- well - if everyone else is doing it, I might as well join in :lol:

Scott and Raffaele- I love your dreams:lol:

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Am WAH too - but it involves setting off db processes and letting them run - giving me time to peruse here.

And those who wanted a laugh; have just been kissing P.Antonius.

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Am WAH too - but it involves setting off db processes and letting them run - giving me time to peruse here.

And those who wanted a laugh; have just been kissing P.Antonius.

:eek: A laugh :eek: Do you want to make me completely throw up instead of just feeling it :sad:

Sadly my WAH involves writing quite complex reports that I need to concentrate on - but I've almost finished now.

but-it's-ok
06-06-2008, 10:27 AM
:eek: A laugh :eek: Do you want to make me completely throw up instead of just feeling it :sad:

Sadly my WAH involves writing quite complex reports that I need to concentrate on - but I've almost finished now.

Herdwick -a laugh/kiss PA,ewwwww!.:spit:yuk!!!!

Glad you're getting your reports done Rose so you can get ready for Nole. I'm not nervous at all, Nadal makes me feel sick(I don't like the way he plays, looks, anything). Nole is gonna do it. Nadal has had far too long a reign, every 'King' has to lose his crown and its gonna be today:worship::worship::worship: He doesn't have pressure,and has great belief in his own game.I'm just excited about the match, I don't fear for Nole at all:D

Adje Nole:rocker2::worship:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Di :worship: I sure wish I had some of that positivity and confidence that you and Raffaele have :)

Herdwick
06-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Herdwick -a laugh/kiss PA,ewwwww!.:spit:yuk!!!!

Glad you're getting your reports done Rose so you can get ready for Nole. I'm not nervous at all, Nadal makes me feel sick(I don't like the way he plays, looks, anything). Nole is gonna do it. Nadal has had far too long a reign, every 'King' has to lose his crown and its gonna be today:worship::worship::worship: He doesn't have pressure,and has great belief in his own game.I'm just excited about the match, I don't fear for Nole at all:D

Adje Nole:rocker2::worship:

It's people like you who made the Empire great! Wish I could be as optimistic - am just worried he'll get mashed. Rather hoping for rain - at least then he might get some respite.

*Ljubica*
06-06-2008, 10:56 AM
It's people like you who made the Empire great! Wish I could be as optimistic - am just worried he'll get mashed. Rather hoping for rain - at least then he might get some respite.

No :help:No rain :sobbing: Now I have to take Wilby to the Vets at 5.30pm instead of this morning, I cannot leave the house if there is :rain: and the match hasn't finished.

arm
06-06-2008, 11:01 AM
I am home and ready for the match! And I feel confident!

My last school day.. :sad: I had to say goodbye to 2 teachers that I just loved.. :sad: