Roddick ready for Stockholm [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roddick ready for Stockholm

Björki
07-06-2004, 12:06 PM
Roddick ready for Stockholm

American tennis star Andy Roddick, who recently won the Masters Series title in Miami, is contracted to play if... Stockholm Open 23-31 October this year.
Roddick ended last year as the world number one on the ATP Champions Race, winning six titles, including the US Open. This year he is the most victorious player, winning most matches of all players on the tour. The popular American has so far won two titles, in San José and Miami.
- Andy Roddick has been our dream player for a long period say’s Tournament Director Per Hjertquist. We wanted him to play already last year, so this is a very pleasant Easter gift to us and to all the Swedish tennis audience, finishes Hjertquist.

----

I really hope Andy will be in Stockholm :D

Aleksa's Laydee
07-22-2004, 02:02 PM
Noooo this is mardys tournie!! not yours andy :fiery: stop wanting to win EVERYTHING :(

*Ljubica*
08-07-2004, 03:30 PM
Strange that he is playing here and not Basel which has a much higher ranked field. Or maybe that's why - too scared to play Roger at home or David in one of his favourite tourneys! :eek:

joeb_uk
08-09-2004, 11:43 PM
could be a reason rosie? ;)

Havok
08-10-2004, 07:10 PM
Tell that to Fed who opts to play shit Halle instead of Queens.:)

jtipson
08-11-2004, 12:34 PM
I expect Mardy has something to do with Andy's decision to play in Stockholm. But it's true the field there isn't normally nearly as strong as Basel's.

star
08-11-2004, 08:31 PM
Yea! Stockholm!!!!

I want to go!

Except... I just thought...... Stockholm in October brrrrrrrrrrrrr

*Ljubica*
08-12-2004, 07:04 PM

Halle is actually a much better tournament that Queens, with better facilities for players and fans. In fact this year I believe they had the same number of Top 10 entrants as Queens. Halle had Federer (the Number 1 in the World), Ferrero, Nalbandian and Schuettler, - whereas Queens had Roddick, Agassi, Coria and Henman. (Hewitt was not Top 10 at the time of course). I have been to both and much prefer Halle as do most of the players I have spoken too. And btw - this is a Stockholm tournament thread isn't it - not specifically a Roddick one :)

sigmagirl91
08-12-2004, 07:35 PM
I love how Rosie just can't stay away from any Roddick thread, anywhere. Talk about obsessed. :lol:

and bjorkfish, I know how you feel about this being Mardy's tournament but even though Andy's signed up for this, I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls out at the last minute. At the end of the year, players are tired and/or injured. Maybe he'll give Mardy a break and stay home? ;)

I know that YOU can't seem to refrain from mentioning David and his fans in any thread you post on. So much for trying to sound clever, tangerinus....try harder next time OK...

sigmagirl91
08-12-2004, 07:43 PM

Tell that to Roddick, who opted to play THIS shit tournament instead of Basel. What happened? Is it because he ain't got a chance in hell of winning it?

sigmagirl91
08-12-2004, 11:14 PM
Really? I just did a search and looky what I found! Every single day, Rosie's got a post or nasty comment about Roddick. If it's not Roddick, then it's Roddick's fans. Every day, Rosie cannot wait to tell MTF users for the millionth time that she hates Roddick, avoids his matches, and hopes he loses against so-and-so. And every anti-Roddick thread in GM is immediately descended upon by Rosie and her loyal dog, Sigma. Wow! What a coincidence. Obsessed much, girls?

Speak for yourself, Miss I-copy-everything-GWH-says-and-does. Try coming up with an original insult next time. That is, if your brain doesn't explode from the effort.

I am not obsessed because, quite frankly, I could give 2 shits about the matter. If you have issues with Rosie, please take them up with her, not with me.

Second, I don't need to piggyback off George or Rosie to say what I want to say. And I don't have a hard time being insulting, rude, or nasty to anyone on this board-you included....Miss Clampett.

Fedex
08-13-2004, 01:58 AM
Ah, yes, and why does Roddick, Naldo, always play in Houston, rather than playing in European Clay tournements. Is it because, he does not want to be embarrssed, and down right torn apart. Halle is actually, a much better tournement, it pays more money, the facilities are great, and all the players agree as well. Why would they go and play Queens. Anyone who plays Halle, knows its the better tournement, and knows to play their as apposed to Queens. And there was big competition there this year as well. But, really, it doesnt matter, because Roger would of won Queens anyway, had he played there. :) Keep the hilarious bullshit :bs: coming. :)

Ballbuster
08-13-2004, 02:10 AM
Ummm, ok I hate Roddick too but I think its safe to say he plays in Houston and Stockholm cause they are giving the bigger APPEARANCE FEES

/thread.

Zetlandsk
08-13-2004, 04:59 AM
Ummm, ok I hate Roddick too but I think its safe to say he plays in Houston and Stockholm cause they are giving the bigger APPEARANCE FEES

/thread.

The Houston thing initially was a favour to support the tournament, but now he avoids the real tough claycourters for as long as he can.

Stockholm, well next year they are moving the tournament, maybe Mardy told him that there were some good looking girls there, and he can find something decent that's why he is going.

Fedex
08-13-2004, 11:30 PM
I dont think Rosie wants to spend the time, trying to engage in a conversation with a moron such as yourself. :) Thanks, this is great entertainment, tangerinous.

Dirk
08-15-2004, 02:41 AM
Halle gives away more prize money than Queens and is a gorgeous place. Take a look at the map of it. It also features more entertainment for the fans. Gerry Weber runs a wonderful event. He has the class Mattress Mac is missing.

Dirk
08-15-2004, 02:52 AM
Rogi is the Wimbly Champion he sure the hell isn't afraid of playing Queens. Andy is the ONE IN FEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolls:

sigmagirl91
08-15-2004, 02:58 AM
Rogi is the Wimbly Champion he sure the hell isn't afraid of playing Queens. Andy is the ONE IN FEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolls:

Which is why Andy is running to Stockholm instead of going to Basel this fall.

sigmagirl91
08-15-2004, 02:59 AM
You were the one who jumped in when it was Rosie who should have responded, so you got yourself involved. Next time, get Rosie to fight her own battles.

Gladly, no problem. But Rosie would not give a moron like you the time of day anyway.

Fedex
08-15-2004, 03:23 AM
And is why Andy plays in all those dipshit hardcourt events after Aus Open. :haha: He couldent even Houston :rolls: And remember the loss to spadea at some tournement with such a weak field. God he plays in all these 'Mickey Mouse' events, yet he still cant win them! :)

Dirk
08-15-2004, 08:25 PM
Maybe Andy just wants to play a different event. Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure the Stockholm event is lovely. Andy plays those US events because he is American and he is doing his part in promoting the men's game here in the US. I take my hat off to him for that. :hatoff:

star
08-16-2004, 05:57 AM
So this thread has turned into another "let's see what awful things we can think of to say about Andy?" thread?

:rolleyes:

Dirk
08-16-2004, 08:18 AM
I doubt that he fears Rogi or David star, I think he just wants to see different cities and play in different events. I would do the same thing if I was a player. I just said he was in fear of playing Federer to nullify Naldo's stupid claims about Rogi and Queens.

PerezRoldan
08-16-2004, 08:25 AM
Stockholm, well next year they are moving the tournament, maybe Mardy told him that there were some good looking girls there, and he can find something decent that's why he is going.

I can understand Andy wanting to play there, it used to be a very prestigious tournament and the only beautiful scenery is not just the city itself.

sigmagirl91
08-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Of course, star. You know there whereever there's a Roddick thread, the obsessed mouth-breathing haters can't wait to descend upon it and rip him to shreds for no reason other than to assuage their blind hatred of someone so talented. How sad for them.

And it's ironic to see that some of the Federer fans are still threatened by Roddick. Roger pretty much owns Andy right now but they are still fearful of Andy and that he will beat their tennis god. Guess they're not as confident in Roger as they claim to be, otherwise they wouldn't feel the need to trash him all the time. :)

But you know, these people spend more time talking about Roddick than their own favorite players. How funny is that? :haha: More proof that he's a superstar. :worship:

I would talk, tangerine. You spend more time obsessing about a certain player than you do Roddick.

lsy
08-16-2004, 05:14 PM
And it's ironic to see that some of the Federer fans are still threatened by Roddick. Roger pretty much owns Andy right now but they are still fearful of Andy and that he will beat their tennis god. Guess they're not as confident in Roger as they claim to be, otherwise they wouldn't feel the need to trash him all the time. :)

You might want to reflect that on yourself, seeing that you as a Federer fan are so threatened by Nalbandian that you need to cheer for him out of Olympic and USO. It seems to me like you're not much different from any of those "braindead Fed fans" as you once called them. Though I seem to think that you're more keen to agitate the Nalby fans with your original "famous" post than actually being happy or relieved for Federer. I might be wrong of course. Either way, I really don't see the different between you and them this time, honestly.

sigmagirl91
08-17-2004, 01:47 AM
Poor Sigma, her obsession with me is flattering but it's getting rather tiresome. Darling, don't you think it's time for you to move on with your sad, empty life and quit stalking me around the boards all day long? Seriously. Your issues have issues. :lol:

And the paranoia goes on and on and on. You're making me tired :zzz: with your unoriginal drivel.

PerezRoldan
08-17-2004, 05:33 AM
Wow, this thing has changed when I decided to make a joke about Roddick playing in Stockholm, the chaos continues, good reading though.

WyveN
08-17-2004, 09:55 AM

Halle has often, in recent years, had a stronger field than Queen's and more
prize money. Playing a tournament closer to home is perfectly reasonable.
Yes, Queen's is older -- but, under the ATP rules, it *isn't* really
more prestigious. As well say that Federer is avoiding the Surbiton
Challenger.

Marc Rosset is Tall
08-17-2004, 09:58 AM
Halle has often, in recent years, had a stronger field than Queen's and more
prize money. Playing a tournament closer to home is perfectly reasonable.
Yes, Queen's is older -- but, under the ATP rules, it *isn't* really
more prestigious. As well say that Federer is avoiding the Surbiton
Challenger.

Better facilities and he plays well in German speaking countries are other reasons as well.

Havok
08-25-2004, 04:29 PM
My questioning Roger playing Halle was talking about Rosie saying "Why is Andy playing in Stockholm? Is he too chicken to play Roger and Nalbandian in Basel?."

I couldn't care less about freakin facilities and prize money and they have more entertainment value there, closer to home, any other reason you would like to give me. Someone stated that Ferrero, Nalbandian, etc play there, and then you state players like Agassi, Hewitt, Henman, and then they try to downplay it and say that Hewitt wasn't even inside the top 10 when he played it.:haha: the players that were listed for Queens are MUCH better grass court players than those listed in HAlle. Another thing, since when has Halle had tougher draws than Queens? Queens always gets the better grass court players, and pretty much the higher ranked players so I fail to see how Halle's draw would be more difficult than Queens.

Love how my comment which was identical to Rosie's, just using another player, started so many posts in this thread.:rocker:

Havok
08-25-2004, 04:31 PM
Oh and btw, this IS the ATP afterall where you are challenged by everyone. It isn't like the WTA where you double bagel low ranked players.:)

Havok
08-25-2004, 04:38 PM
Oh and Dirk, your post about Roddick fearing Roger was to nullify my coment made about Roger. Well lets start reading threads K? The only reason why I had mentioned it is because Rosie is so keen on opening her mouth and saying something odd.:)

UseTheSearchTool
08-25-2004, 04:39 PM
Oh and btw, this IS the ATP afterall where you are challenged by everyone. It isn't like the WTA where you double bagel low ranked players.:)

This is about Stockholm and not Halle/Queens. Personally I don't care if Roddick plays here or in Basle, it's not important.

Unlike your hero at least Federer actually plays events on the surface within respective seasons and doesn't hide during the claycourt season unlike some.

Havok
08-25-2004, 04:42 PM
Yes because I show my gratitude and am so happy about Andy always playing houston and not getting his ass in Europe when it's time for the clay court season. If you believe this, then.:o

I know it's about Stockholm/Basel, but I used the Queens/Halle tournies to make a similar statement about a different player and I knew I was going to get shit like this and tons of excuses. People play events during the same week where there aren't as good players playing it (ranking wise) all the time no matter how good, how highly ranked, how acomplished they are. My point I was also kinda trying to make.:)

Dirk
08-26-2004, 01:40 AM
Naldo if Rogi wasn't good on grass then I would agree with you but since he is the king of grass you can't possibly think he is too afraid to play at Queens. Actually last year he was thinking about not playing Halle anymore and playing Queens instead but then he won it so he came back to defend it and its likely he will keep coming until he loses or skips it due to being tired from winning RG if he won it or made the finals.

Havok
08-26-2004, 03:06 AM
My reasoning behind it isn't how good/bad a player is on the surface. It's not like Andy sucks ass on carpet either, he can play well on it. My point is that top players do play lesser events from time to time, so if you're gonna bitch about one player, why not the other?:scratch: Either way it's an indoor hardcourt event, it's not like he's playing something totally different, like those dirtballers do whenever they have the chance. :retard:

Dirk
08-29-2004, 06:45 AM
Its worth the same amount of points as Queens and offers more money so how is it lesser? Historical yes but that is the only difference other than the nature of the field. Halle is certainly one of the most popular events and is draining Queen's field. Fish really loved it and will be coming back next year. Also your analogy is wrong because Roger didn't start playing at Queens and then leave it because he couldn't win it and go to Halle. So its not the same. I'm not accusing andy of that but other posters here are. According to their mindset your analogy wouldn't hold up. I have no problem with a player taking the bigger apperance fee and trying to play somewhere else. Why do you think Rogi is signed up for Bangkok? I have no problems with the clay guys playing on clay courts during the summer. They need to make the most money and points they can. Its just a business decison. They have plenty of chances to get better on hardcourt during the US swing.

*Ljubica*
08-29-2004, 05:29 PM
LOL - I haven't been here for a while - so nice to see my original comment is still causing controversy - and glad that Naldo thinks I am so keen "on opening my mouth" even though he has more than double the amount of posts that I have. :) And as for what I say being "odd" - well guess if it's "odd" to dislike Duckboy then I stand guilty as charged along with more than half the posters on MTF :)

Dirk
08-30-2004, 11:14 AM
You and Escude are very odd Rosie. :rolls:

*Ljubica*
08-30-2004, 11:16 AM
You and Escude are very odd Rosie. :rolls:

Actually I've always liked Nico :) Now I know why! He has exquisite taste just like myself :p

Dirk
08-30-2004, 11:27 AM
Nico is cool. Never understood why he gets hurt so much. He is very lean. He is a shotmaker himself too. I wish Rosie they got Rios's thoughts on that poll.

sigmagirl91
08-30-2004, 12:09 PM
I'm very guilty too, so what's gonna happen now? Am I getting the book thrown at me, and being put in the slammer?

star
08-30-2004, 08:50 PM
It's just like ants on a dropped crumb. :)

WyveN
09-01-2004, 05:06 AM
Another thing, since when has Halle had tougher draws than Queens? Queens always gets the better grass court players, and pretty much the higher ranked players so I fail to see how Halle's draw would be more difficult than Queens.

2001-2003 Halle probably had equal difficulty in draws, certainly in 2002 when 6 out of the top 10 in the world were there.

Havok
09-06-2004, 03:24 AM
http://www.tenniscorner.net/index.php?corner=M&action=draw&tourid=20030609HAL&drawtype=M&roundsize=32
I fail to see how the 03 version of Halle was more difficult than the Queens version that same year. Care to explain?

Ballbuster
09-06-2004, 04:56 AM
Queens does have a tougher draw than Halle. end of that.

nevertheless, neither was a case of Roger or Andy "pussying" out.

RODDICK'S PLAYING IN STOCKHOLM BECAUSE OF THE APPEARANCE FEE.
no need to bicker.