My Predictions For the 3 Remaining Slams [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

My Predictions For the 3 Remaining Slams

Pages : [1] 2

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 02:48 AM
here are my predictions for the 3 remaining slams in 2008:

1. Roland Garros: this one is easy. Clay Monster takes home his 4th title in a row and becomes only the 2nd player ever to win 4 in a row since 1914. incidentally, i dont think Fed will make the finals this time around.

2. Wimbledon: either Fed or Djokovic. i am assigining a higher probability to Djokovic. he has what takes to beat Fed at his own game. Nadal makes the semis.

3. U.S. Open: another easy pick for me. Djokovic demolishes Fed in the final in straight sets. Nadal loses in the quarters.

your thoughts? what are your predictions? are you bold enough to share them?

Albop
05-22-2008, 02:50 AM
RG: Rafa
W: fed
USO: fed

Winnipeg
05-22-2008, 02:50 AM
federer will win all 3

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 02:52 AM
federer will win all 3

that is the right spirit for your player but can he really take down healthy and fit Nadal in a best of 5 sets match on clay?

Enjoy Incubus
05-22-2008, 02:53 AM
RG: Kuerten
Wimbledon: Harrison
USO: Sampras

Argenbrit
05-22-2008, 02:53 AM
Coria to win RG.

Young to win USO.

Henman comes back from retirement to win Wimbledon.

El Legenda
05-22-2008, 02:55 AM
RG: Rick James, bitch
W: bitch, Rick James
US: Rick James, bitch
AO09: bitch, Rick James.

finishingmove
05-22-2008, 02:55 AM
impossible to predict , these things are.

sodman12
05-22-2008, 02:58 AM
well if you want nadal to loose in semis and fed and djoke in the finials it will not happen at wimby. 1 and 3 will meet in semis not finials

ChinoRios4Ever
05-22-2008, 03:02 AM
W: fed
USO: fed

same here :rocker:

~*BGT*~
05-22-2008, 03:03 AM
RG: Nadal
Wimbledon: Roddick
USO: Fed

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 03:05 AM
well if you want nadal to loose in semis and fed and djoke in the finials it will not happen at wimby. 1 and 3 will meet in semis not finials

it all depends on the draw. if we are to assume that Djokovic is in Nadal`s 1/2, he is likely to derail Nadal in the semis.

Fed is not Fed of the past and Djokovic`s stock is on the rise. there is a possibility of a Fed vs Djokovic final at Wimby.

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 03:07 AM

Roddick did conquer his demons and finally defeated the mighty Fed in Miami. can he do it on grass?

Sunset of Age
05-22-2008, 03:10 AM
RG: Rick James, bitch
W: bitch, Rick James
US: Rick James, bitch
AO09: bitch, Rick James.

:lol: Superfreak! :music: :music: :music:

Roddick did conquer his demons and finally defeated the mighty Fed in Miami. can he do it on grass?

No.

Winnipeg
05-22-2008, 03:10 AM
actually the us open will be won by obama

habibko
05-22-2008, 03:23 AM
have you all forgotten how Djoko was drained out in the Masters Cup? do you really think he can uphold his own through such draining grand slams on a regular basis? nah he won't do it, he may reach one final of the three or might win one but to dig deep in all three? I highly doubt it

RG: hopefully Fed, but Nadal has more chances
Wimb: Grass Monster
US: hard to pick, but if a half decent Fed could do it last year, why not again?

in short, Fed all three :rolleyes:

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 03:25 AM
have you all forgotten how Djoko was drained out in the Masters Cup? do you really think he can uphold his own through such draining grand slams on a regular basis? nah he won't do it, he may reach one final of the three or might win one but to dig deep in all three? I highly doubt it

RG: hopefully Fed, but Nadal has more chances
Wimb: Grass Monster
US: hard to pick, but if a half decent Fed could do it last year, why not again?

in short, Fed all three :rolleyes:

i think Djokovic is a different player this year. he has worked hard on his fitness and it shows. he is also making rapid strides in his game.

so he has the desire, the ability, and now the confidence.

habibko
05-22-2008, 03:29 AM
i think Djokovic is a different player this year. he has worked hard on his fitness and it shows. he is also making rapid strides in his game.

so has the desire, the ability, and now the confidence.

thats lots of improvement for one year but oh well we shall see, slams are on the way :cool:

~*BGT*~
05-22-2008, 03:42 AM

I can hope can't I? :lol:

No.

Not everyone's favorites can rule a particular slam and be the clear-cut favorites like yours are Karin. :awww:

Sunset of Age
05-22-2008, 03:43 AM
Not everyone's favorites can rule a particular slam and be the clear-cut favorites like yours are Karin. :awww:

:hug: well... they are also the guys out there to be beaten... :awww:

ForehandWinner
05-22-2008, 03:48 AM
that is the right spirit for your player but can he really take down healthy and fit Nadal in a best of 5 sets match on clay?

clay ...u asked for it..wth u can't deal with this answer!

JimmyV
05-22-2008, 03:50 AM

Same for me. Call it wishful thinking, I think Roddick can do it though.

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 03:53 AM
I can hope can't I? :lol:

i have no problem with Roddick winning the title at Wimby this year. it would be a remarkable achievement for him.

sizable hurdles are in place now with the rise of the 3rd monster. lets see how it plays out. a great draw for your player would be critical obviously since he will probably be the 6th seed.

~*BGT*~
05-22-2008, 03:53 AM
:hug: well... they are also the guys out there to be beaten... :awww:

And Andy's gonna do the beating at Wimbledon. ;) Poor Fed, he can only pray for death, right CD? :p

Same for me. Call it wishful thinking, I think Roddick can do it though.

:yeah: We seem to think alike. :dance:

JimmyV
05-22-2008, 03:55 AM
It is 2008 though, so Coria will win RG, Nadal will win Wimbly, and Berrer will overhead his way to a USO win.

ForehandWinner
05-22-2008, 04:04 AM
Coria to win RG.

Young to win USO.

Henman comes back from retirement to win Wimbledon.

way to go pal...

Johnny Groove
05-22-2008, 04:07 AM
Nadal
Nadal
Fed

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 04:35 AM
Nadal
Nadal
Fed

i will take that prediction with one notable exception. i dont think Fed gets it done at the U.S. Open this year.

Johnny Groove
05-22-2008, 04:41 AM
i will take that prediction with one notable exception. i dont think Fed gets it done at the U.S. Open this year.

Fed's been more dominant at the USO than at W in his runs. Djokovic won't change that. Monofed was in AO. RealFed will be at USO.

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 04:46 AM
Fed's been more dominant at the USO than at W in his runs. Djokovic won't change that. Monofed was in AO. RealFed will be at USO.

only time will tell. Wimby might reveal some more information as to how Fed`s year is going to go.

ForehandWinner
05-22-2008, 04:49 AM

Grinders don't seem to get it. Wud love to see the old fed though

Johnny Groove
05-22-2008, 04:51 AM
Grinders don't seem to get it. Wud love to see the old fed though

You want to see the old Fed?

Go to youtube.

NYCtennisfan
05-22-2008, 04:55 AM

NOt even close. He's lost less sets in 5 Wimby runs than he has in 4 USO runs. He's only lost 5 sets with an AD i.e. no TB'er in 5 Wimbledon titles. He's held serve easier, won more total service points, had less BP's against, and hardly ever trailed in any set. In addition, the only match in his career where he won less total points but still managed to win the match was at the USO against Agassi in 2004.

ForehandWinner
05-22-2008, 04:56 AM
You want to see the old Fed?

Go to youtube.

I did. I also saw how the grinder chocked at Wimbledon final

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 05:02 AM
NOt even close. He's lost less sets in 5 Wimby runs than he has in 4 USO runs. He's only lost 5 sets with an AD i.e. no TB'er in 5 Wimbledon titles. He's held serve easier, won more total service points, had less BP's against, and hardly ever trailed in any set. In addition, the only match in his career where he won less total points but still managed to win the match was at the USO against Agassi in 2004.

that kind of dominance is the the thing of the past now. Nadal pushed him at the last Wimby. Djokovic took away one of his hard court slams away from him at the Australian Open.

Fish toyed with him in Indian Wells and even Roddick belted him in Miami. i say the days of dominance are over for Fed on hard courts. Djokovic now has all that Fed has and more.

last year, even fat Dave belted him back to back in Madrid and Paris. we have to remember that Fed has 7 hard court slams so he has been very dominant on hard courts.

all good things come to an end. nobody wins the race against time.

RagingLamb
05-22-2008, 05:06 AM
It's 2008, so:

RG: Federer
Wimbledon: Nadal
USO: Djokovic

GlennMirnyi
05-22-2008, 05:11 AM
RG: Rick James, as Jerry said.
Wimbledon: Charlie Murphy.
USO: Rick James will f*** your couch you muthaf**a!

Merton
05-22-2008, 05:12 AM
Market favourites:

RG: Nadal, Federer, Djokovic.
W: Federer, Djokovic, Nadal.
US: Federer, Djokovic, Nadal.

There is not much trade for the Wimbledon and US Open winners at the moment.

Action Jackson
05-22-2008, 05:16 AM

I think Eddie Murphy has more chance at Wimbledon.

kobulingam
05-22-2008, 05:17 AM
W: Fed
US: Fed

I think Fed will slowly get closer and closer to his 2006/early2007 form as he shakes off the final effects of whatever he's been going through.

GlennMirnyi
05-22-2008, 05:25 AM
I think Eddie Murphy has more chance at Wimbledon.

But Charlie is the only one who can catch his opponents with the front and break their ribs. :D

~*BGT*~
05-22-2008, 05:37 AM

That's not even the best Chappelle's show character. :rolleyes: The Black White Supremavist kicks Rick James' ass. :p

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 05:39 AM
It's 2008, so:

RG: Federer
Wimbledon: Nadal

interesting. Nadal loses on his very best surface at Roland Garros where he has never lost.

and Fed loses on grass where he may be the best ever.

i am not too sure about that. where is Nadal going to go buy a serve, volley, slice, and an aggressive return just in time for Wimbledon?

GlennMirnyi
05-22-2008, 05:42 AM
That's not even the best Chappelle's show character. :rolleyes: The Black White Supremavist kicks Rick James' ass. :p

They should have never given mothaf***as money! :worship:

The Freak
05-22-2008, 05:44 AM
RG: Nadal d. Federer
W: Nadal d. Federer
USO: Djokovic d. Federer

~*BGT*~
05-22-2008, 05:47 AM
They should have never given mothaf***as money! :worship:

" 'Colon' Powell... 'Cunnilingus' Rice.... 'Cunnilingus' Rice sounds like a Mexican dish. Why don't we put her on a plate, and send her to Mexico so the Mexicans'll eat her." :worship:

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 05:51 AM

that would make Nadal an instant all time great.

GlennMirnyi
05-22-2008, 05:51 AM
" 'Colon' Powell... 'Cunnilingus' Rice.... 'Cunnilingus' Rice sounds like a Mexican dish. Why don't we put her on a plate, and send her to Mexico so the Mexicans'll eat her." :worship:

You do surely know that it's not that funny to me being white and from a country without declared "white supremacists", with all respect. :p

JimmyV
05-22-2008, 05:53 AM
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/392/coldwh4.gif

~*BGT*~
05-22-2008, 05:55 AM
You do surely know that it's not that funny to me being white and from a country without declared "white supremacists", with all respect. :p

Well, if I, being black and living in a former Confederate state, can find humor in it, surely you can as well. :)

GlennMirnyi
05-22-2008, 06:02 AM
Well, if I, being black and living in a former Confederate state, can find humor in it, surely you can as well. :)

I think it's easier for you to find it funny, exactly because of your environment. :p :)

RagingLamb
05-22-2008, 06:04 AM
interesting. Nadal loses on his very best surface at Roland Garros where he has never lost.

i am not too sure about that. where is Nadal going to go buy a serve, volley, slice, and an aggressive return just in time for Wimbledon?

Nadal was close last time at wimbledon, so why not?

~*BGT*~
05-22-2008, 06:07 AM
I think it's easier for you to find it funny, exactly because of your environment. :p :)

Don't tell me you find Dave Chappelle playing a white racist as offensive. :lol: He played way more negative Black characters than any other race. I don't take it personally. :confused: Dave Chappelle realized that some non-Blacks were agreeing with sterotypes so that's why he stoppned his show.

JimmyV
05-22-2008, 06:09 AM

I know why would Nadal have any chance at Wimbledon, it's not like he's been the runner up 2 years in a row.

Oh wait.

Clay Death
Nadal was close last time at wimbledon, so why not?

i hear you raging lamb. he was indeed close last time. that said, Fed may have lost even more ground on clay after 2 more fresh losses on clay to the Clay Monster. he is now more lost than ever as to just what to do against the Spaniard on clay.

GlennMirnyi
Don't tell me you find Dave Chappelle playing a white racist as offensive. :lol: He played way more negative Black characters than any other race. I don't take it personally. :confused: Dave Chappelle realized that some non-Blacks were agreeing with sterotypes so that's why he stoppned his show.

I find him very good, not offensive at all. I haven't watched many episodes, though, as we never had the show here, what I know I've watched online.

GlennMirnyi
05-22-2008, 06:11 AM
I know why would Nadal have any chance at Wimbledon, it's not like he's been the runner up 2 years in a row.

Oh wait.

But that was luck.

JimmyV
05-22-2008, 06:13 AM
Stepanek for Wimbledon 08'. Just make sure he doesn't draw Bjorkman.

GlennMirnyi
05-22-2008, 06:14 AM
Stepanek for Wimbledon 08'. Just make sure he doesn't draw Bjorkman.

That was such a shame. :sad:

~*BGT*~
05-22-2008, 06:14 AM
I find him very good, not offensive at all. I haven't watched many episodes, though, as we never had the show here, what I know I've watched online.

Sorry. :hug: I really love the skit with John Mayer, combating the myth that white pople can't dance. :lol: Maybe I really like the B-W Supremacist skit because I would to watch an actual White Supremacist see it. :lol: But we are hijacking this thread, so I will stop. :o

JimmyV
05-22-2008, 06:15 AM
That was such a shame. :sad:

I know, I remember watching that match and feeling bad for him.

I hope Steps makes a good run there, I like watching good serve and volleyers. He adds some spice to the game.

GlennMirnyi
05-22-2008, 06:16 AM
Sorry. :hug: I really love the skit with John Mayer, combating the myth that white pople can't dance. :lol: Maybe I really like the B-W Supremacist skit because I would to watch an actual White Supremacist see it. :lol: But we are hijacking this thread, so I will stop. :o

;) Yep.

GlennMirnyi
05-22-2008, 06:17 AM
I know, I remember watching that match and feeling bad for him.

I hope Steps makes a good run there, I like watching good serve and volleyers. He adds some spice to the game.

Too bad that last year he was just coming back to form in Wimby. With a good draw he can definitely make the SFs there.

CmonAussie
05-22-2008, 06:41 AM
FO:
RAFA def. Ferrer

Wimby:
FED def. DJOKO

USO:
Nalbandian def. A.Rod

playhard
05-22-2008, 10:26 AM
RG: Fed vs Raf - winner Raf
W: Fed vs whoever - winner Fed
US: Fed vs whoever - winner Fed
no?

rafa_maniac
05-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Roland Garros - Rafa, easily

Wimbledon - Crunch time for Fed, 8 months without an important title. Basically, I think if Rafa can make three straight finals, he'll finally get it this time. If Fed faces anyone else in the final, he'll win.

US Open - Federer vs Djokovic. My thinking is if Federer retains Wimbledon he'll have the confidence to take this too, if he loses Wimbeldon, he loses the plot and Djoko takes this.

bokehlicious
05-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Guga takes RG, King Oscar Wimbledon and Young the Open.

Snowwy
05-22-2008, 10:51 AM
Guga takes RG, King Oscar Wimbledon and Young the Open.

And this was somewhat funny (not really) the first time, but the ten times after its just stupid..:o

spriwi
05-22-2008, 11:01 AM
fo rafa
wimby roger
uso roger

bokehlicious
05-22-2008, 11:03 AM
And this was somewhat funny (not really) the first time, but the ten times after its just stupid..:o

On the other hand your post makes far more sense :yeah: :retard:

canas
05-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Wimbledon: Federer
USO: Nalbandian

Jelena_78
05-22-2008, 11:52 AM

:rocker2:

TheSwissMaster
05-22-2008, 11:52 AM
RG rafa nada (i hope so not)
Wimb djoko (i hope so not)
US open djoko (again i hope so not)

but damn my hoping will not stop my predictions from turning into reality

Bazooka
05-22-2008, 12:09 PM
After last Wimbledon, when Nadal defeated Djokovic, Berdytch and Youzhny, and played an exceptional final, many people in MTF finally admited he was a very likely candidate for the next year title. But for some reason, all this faith seems to have dissolved with time.

RG: 87% Nadal 10% Federer 2% Djokovic 1% Others
Wimbledon: 60% Federer 30% Nadal 5% Djokovic 5% Others
US Open: Silly to predict so early, but I guess Federer should eventually come back and defend his points. No idea.

Bernard Black
05-22-2008, 12:11 PM
French Open - Nadal - no brainer

Wimbledon - Federer - 5 years domination of the event says it all, only Nadal has given him trouble due to the bad match up. I expect Nadal to be beaten before the final (as I have done the past 2 years it has to be said)

U.S. Open - Federer - the toughest pick this one, but Federer always comes on strong at the end of the season and will take some beating.

Bernard Black
05-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Wimb djoko (i hope so not)

What makes you think your favourite player will crash and burn at his favourite slam?

Jimnik
05-22-2008, 12:20 PM
RG: Almagro def Nalbandian
Wimby: Gasquet def Ancic
USO: Murray def Safin

Time for the newbies to crush the old generation.

finishingmove
05-22-2008, 12:24 PM
This isn't 2008 for nothing. Something beyond your imagination will happen.

Beyond Rick James

scarecrows
05-22-2008, 12:27 PM
RG was Rafa's till few days ago but Ginepri is doing giant steps

Jimnik
05-22-2008, 12:37 PM
This isn't 2008 for nothing. Something beyond your imagination will happen.

Beyond Rick James
Actually all the major events this year have been won by top 4 players. Federer's decline is the only thing "beyond imagination" and considering he's reached 26 and allegedly has a disease to deal with, it's not that much of a surprise.

rocketassist
05-22-2008, 12:47 PM
RG: Robert Dee
Wim: Adam Lownsbrough
USO: Konstantinos Economidis

bokehlicious
05-22-2008, 12:49 PM
RG: Robert Dee
Wim: Adam Lownsbrough
USO: Konstantinos Economidis

Watch Snowwy bitch about this post :o :D

DartMarcus
05-22-2008, 12:53 PM
RG Ginepri
Wimbledon Hernandez
US Open Berlocq

NinaNina19
05-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Market favourites:

RG: Nadal, Federer, Djokovic.
W: Federer, Djokovic, Nadal.
US: Federer, Djokovic, Nadal.

There is not much trade for the Wimbledon and US Open winners at the moment.
Nadal has never gotten past the QF of the USO, what makes you think he's a main contender?

shaggy
05-22-2008, 02:57 PM
RG: strictly big three( Federer, Nadal, Djokovic), can't see anyone else
W: Federer, Tsonga, Ancic,Djokovic
USO: Djokovic, Federer, Blake, Murray
USO could be tricky because of Olympics

Forehander
05-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Federer will win the US and Wimbledon. When Federer plays his normal standard tennis it simply is a terrible matchup for Djokovic.

But we'll see what happens.

Forehander
05-22-2008, 03:20 PM
RG: strictly big three( Federer, Nadal, Djokovic), can't see anyone else
W: Federer, Tsonga, Ancic,Djokovic
USO: Djokovic, Federer, Blake, Murray
USO could be tricky because of Olympics

all i can say is wow.... :eek:

Forehander
05-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Nadal has never gotten past the QF of the USO, what makes you think he's a main contender?

Dunno. He defeated James Blake and other previous bad-matchups this year. His game is quite consistent. Will always be a contender.

Vida
05-22-2008, 03:25 PM
RG - Nadal, Djokovic, Fed
Wimb - Fed, Djokovic, Nadal, Tsonga
USO - Djokovic ... Fed

osalsyst
05-22-2008, 03:29 PM
only time will tell.

Exactly! Clay Death finally said something reasonable. Unfortunately, the other endless speculation of future events that none of us can control makes that statement completely hypocritical. :wavey:

In any event, my sweet and simple prediction:
French Open: Nadal def. Federer/Djokovic
Wimbledon: Federer def. Roddick
US Open: Federer def. Djokovic

Okonsky
05-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Federer will win the US and Wimbledon. When Federer plays his normal standard tennis it simply is a terrible matchup for Djokovic.

But we'll see what happens.

Explain what is 'his normal standard tennis'. Don't be just a fan, write something serious. I mean that (and, if it is possible, don't mention mono).

Forehander
05-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Explain what is 'his normal standard tennis'. Don't be just a fan, write something serious. I mean that (and, if it is possible, don't mention mono).

I loved in the end how you wrote "I mean that". What are you going to do? Give me a knock out punch? It's just my opinion. Ignore me if u want. We all have different opinions right?

Becker's Volleys
05-22-2008, 03:40 PM
French: Nadal
US Open: Federer

Darkhorses: Ferrero at Roland Garos, Roddick at Wimbledon and Nalbandian at Flushing.

Mansave_75
05-22-2008, 04:02 PM
My predictions although it's very soon for Wimbledon and U.S.
RG: W Nadal/RU Federer
W: W Nadal/RU Federer
U.S.: W Federer/ RU Djokovic/Nadal

CmonAussie
05-22-2008, 04:05 PM
French: Nadal

Darkhorses: Ferrero at Roland Garos, Roddick at Wimbledon and Nalbandian at Flushing.

...:eek:~yeah Ferrero a "dark horse" @ FO is about as dark as the inside of coffin on a moonless night>> that`s pretty dark!!!:devil:[note: JCF hasn`t won any title in 5yrs:eek:]

Jimnik
05-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Poor JCF might not even play RG this year. And even if he does it will probably be with pain-killers. It's 2004 all over again.

*Ljubica*
05-22-2008, 04:39 PM
OK - well everyone else has had their say - so here are mine:-

French: Nadal/RU Federer
Wimbledon: Federer/RU Roddick
US Open: Djokovic/RU Federer

arm
05-22-2008, 04:46 PM
My predictions although it's very soon for Wimbledon and U.S.
RG: W Nadal/RU Federer
W: W Nadal/RU Federer
U.S.: W Federer/ RU Djokovic/Nadal

woww, you're impartial. :yeah:

Hve you ever noticed that there are more than a dozen players who can beat Nadal on Hard Courts? Even when he is playing a good hard court match (for him)?

My list:

FO: Nadal
Wimby: Federer/Djokovic/Nadal

bokehlicious
05-22-2008, 05:09 PM

If you didn't start watching tennis this year you'd know what he means ;)

peterparker
05-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Dunno. He defeated James Blake and other previous bad-matchups this year. His game is quite consistent. Will always be a contender.

With his early season performance he has locked up the SF. The improvement in the serve is consistently there at this point. Good chance he will face the djoker in 4 months and then it's lights out for the big guy.

Parker

Burrow
05-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Bunch of guys on this think it is hilarious to choose players like Young and that to win the slams, get with the times.

Don't know and I couldn't give a stuff.

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 06:00 PM
OK - well everyone else has had their say - so here are mine:-

French: Nadal/RU Federer
Wimbledon: Federer/RU Roddick
US Open: Djokovic/RU Federer

relatively objective and reasonable predictions here cat lady. roddick may surprise us all. it will be interesting to note his form in a Wimby warm-up at Queens.

the problem is that grass courts get beaten up for the last 2 rounds and play a little slower. roddick will really have to be on to take out the top guns like Fed and Djokovic but under certain circumsctances, he may just end up in the finals.

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 06:05 PM

agreed. if Clay Monster is healthy and fit, he can play well enough on all surfaces to at least gun down the rgular clowns on the tour. he will make the quarters or possibly even the semis of the u.s. open.

*Ljubica*
05-22-2008, 06:09 PM
relatively objective and reasonable predictions here cat lady. roddick may surprise us all. it will be interesting to note his form in a Wimby warm-up at Queens.

the problem is that grass courts get beaten up for the last 2 rounds and play a little slower. roddick will really have to be on to take out the top guns like Fed and Djokovic but under certain circumsctances, he may just end up in the finals.

:) Yes- for some reason I have this kind of "feeling" Roddick will do well at Wimby this year. I almost tipped him to win, - but I wasn't quite brave enough. I'll be at Queens, so will watch with interest, to see if our predictions are correct:)

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 06:23 PM
:) Yes- for some reason I have this kind of "feeling" Roddick will do well at Wimby this year. I almost tipped him to win, - but I wasn't quite brave enough. I'll be at Queens, so will watch with interest, to see if our predictions are correct:)

so you will be at queens. wonderful stuff cat lady. i hear Nadal is to play both singles and doubles there. you will have to report your findings. should be fun.

i would like to see Nadal just skip the warm-up grass event altogether and do what Borg used to do. Borg felt that the grass court seen was way too short and he didnt want to waste time sitting in the locker rooms waiting for his matches.

he opted to just hit 5-6 hours a day on grass going into Wimby. the formula worked pretty damn good.

Okonsky
05-22-2008, 06:23 PM
I loved in the end how you wrote "I mean that". What are you going to do? Give me a knock out punch? It's just my opinion. Ignore me if u want. We all have different opinions right?

I really want to explain me. I have no intend to give you 'knock out punch'.

'I mean that' meant 'I am not sarcastic' coz I won't ignore you or your posts.
Missunderstanding.

Your turn (If you want, ofcourse).

Okonsky
05-22-2008, 06:30 PM
If you didn't start watching tennis this year you'd know what he means ;)

Wink to you too:). Thank for advice but I've been started watching tennis about 1978. Anyway, thanks again.

Btw (even I hate predictions), I think something like:

French: Nadal/RU Federer (Novak, Ferrer, Nalbandian)
Wimbledon: Federer/RU Roddick (Novak, Nadal)
US Open: Djokovic/RU Federer (Ferrer, Roddick, Davydenko, Nadal)

*Ljubica*
05-22-2008, 06:33 PM
so you will be at queens. wonderful stuff cat lady. i hear Nadal is to play both singles and doubles there. you will have to report your findings. should be fun.

i would like to see Nadal just skip the warm-up grass event altogether and do what Borg used to do. Borg felt that the grass court seen was way too short and he didnt want to waste time sitting in the locker rooms waiting for his matches.

he opted to just hit 5-6 hours a day on grass going into Wimby. the formula worked pretty damn good.

Welll I'll only be there mostly in the late afternoons/evenings after work - can't really take any more time off work because I have a week off next week to go to Roland Garros:) But I'll do what I can to give you my observations. They usually play the doubles' matches in the early evenings, so realistically I have more chance of seeing the top players play doubles rather than singles, which take place earlier in the day while I'll still be in the office. Will do my best though :) I'm not particularly a grass court fan, but I do agree with Borg that maybe the season should be a little longer than it is to allow players to prepare for it better.Those who do well at RG have very little time to "find" their grasscourt game before Wimbledon.

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Wink to you too:). Thank for advice but I've been started watching tennis about 1978. Anyway, thanks again.

Btw (even I hate predictions), I think something like:

speculation and anticipation is about all we do here. the matches themselves are quite brief.

Chiseller
05-22-2008, 06:37 PM
FR: Nad - RU: Fed
GB: Fed - RU: Nadal
US: Fed - RU: A-Rod

easy

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 06:47 PM
FR: Nad - RU: Fed
GB: Fed - RU: Nadal
US: Fed - RU: A-Rod

easy

so if Roddick is ever to be a contender for a slam, where is his best posssible chance? will it be at Wimbledon or at U.S. Open?

that lightening fast U.S. Open surface suits him better. what do you think? he was a terror in Dubai this year where he held his serve something like 54 straight times.

Vida
05-22-2008, 06:49 PM

Yeah thats about it. Maybe nole over fed as the runner up at the FO (barring draw or the eventual impression that Rafa will have more troubles in SF than at the finals vs Fed). I would discard Nalby this time around completely. Yea, yeah I know, he can whitewash everybody if he sets his mind to it,... I just don't see it happening. Ferrer - cool, but there is a glaring celling at which he stares as soon he lifts his head up.

Wimby - I'll still go to Fed there as slight fav. I mean, he is bound for a comeback sooner rather than later. This slump is quite extraordinary (just my impression) so he's gotta, simply gotta. RU Djoko. Dark horse - Tsonga. I believe he will attack heavily there, natural surface... suits his stile... hes capable as we know...

USO - yeah I agree with CD here, its a straight one for Djoko. I presume he will be no. 2 by than, so he'll take Fed out for sure. Sorry Fed fans, if Djoko does well in next couple of months, he's confidence will sky-high, as IF it is not high already. Maybe Fed chokes there 'to return the favor' but its a done deal. IMO that is.

Vida
05-22-2008, 06:51 PM
so if Roddick is ever to be a contender for a slam, where is his best posssible chance? will it be at Wimbledon or at U.S. Open?

that lightening fast U.S. Open surface suits him better. what do you think? he was a terror in Dubai this year where he held his serve something like 54 straight times.

uso imo. he'll be pumped 'cause of the home turf, and is already setting his sights on it (missing olympics). He believes that the time has come - meaning he soaked enough confidence till this point in time.

jenanun
05-22-2008, 07:42 PM
djokovic will win a golden slam this year...

Okonsky
05-22-2008, 07:50 PM
djokovic will win a golden slam this year...

God bless you.

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 07:52 PM
uso imo. he'll be pumped 'cause of the home turf, and is already setting his sights on it (missing olympics). He believes that the time has come - meaning he soaked enough confidence till this point in time.

he could do Djokovic a favor by taking out Fed in the quarters.
2008 U.S. Open is promising to be one of the most anticipated slams in memory. there is so much at stake for Fed there.

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Welll I'll only be there mostly in the late afternoons/evenings after work - can't really take any more time off work because I have a week off next week to go to Roland Garros:) But I'll do what I can to give you my observations. They usually play the doubles' matches in the early evenings, so realistically I have more chance of seeing the top players play doubles rather than singles, which take place earlier in the day while I'll still be in the office. Will do my best though :) I'm not particularly a grass court fan, but I do agree with Borg that maybe the season should be a little longer than it is to allow players to prepare for it better.Those who do well at RG have very little time to "find" their grasscourt game before Wimbledon.

Roland Garros too? i hate you.

betowiec
05-22-2008, 08:44 PM
RG-blake
Wimb.-Davy
usopen-robredo

groundstroke
05-22-2008, 09:07 PM
RG: Rafa but I have a feeling that Djokovic or Federer will pull of something amazing.
Wimb: Federer
USO: Federer or Djokovic

groundstroke
05-22-2008, 09:08 PM
2008 U.S. Open is promising to be one of the most anticipated slams in memory. there is so much at stake for Fed there.
Federer produces some excellent tennis at the US Open, last year he did fantastic, everyone thought he would lose - how wrong they were!
But the US Open also generally produces the most exciting tennis, RG = shit, Wimb = Fed will win, Aussie = start of the year, illness/no exercise/no interest.

Vida
05-22-2008, 09:23 PM

... it does indeed. I mean he was talking so much about 'playing till 35' and 'against different generations' ... if he mises on wimby there will be massive amount of pressure for him to win in the States. I he doesn't, I guess it will roll onto mono story a bit, so that will soften it, but no escaping the pressure of reaching the greatness asap.

*Ljubica*
05-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Roland Garros too? i hate you.

:awww: Come and live in London and you could do it too. It's only a quick Tube/Underground journey from were I live to both Queens and Wimbledon, and about 2 and a half hours on the train to Paris :)

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 09:32 PM
:awww: Come and live in London and you could do it too.I t's only a quick Tube/Underground journey from were I live to Queens and Wimbledon, and about 2 and a half hours on the train to Paris :)

i have relatives in England.

you are in luck. masters cup is coming to London in 2009.

Snowwy
05-22-2008, 10:11 PM
On the other hand your post makes far more sense :yeah: :retard:

Sorry it wasnt totally directed only at you but everyone who posted that, but you should take the political shit out of your sig, this is a tennis board..go to a political board if you want to discuss that stuff.

French Open: Rafa
US Open: Davydenko

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Sorry it wasnt totally directed only at you but everyone who posted that, but you should take the political shit out of your sig, this is a tennis board..go to a political board if you want to discuss that stuff.

French Open: Rafa
US Open: Davydenko

Davytanko is the mother of all clowns.

finishingmove
05-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Davytanko is the mother of all clowns.

u mean father... or grandfather.

he's had a good season so far , it will be hard to defend the USO points , but he has nice chances at RG.

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 10:23 PM
u mean father... or grandfather.

he's had a good season so far , it will be hard to defend the USO points , but he has nice chances at RG.

he is wearing himself out even as you read this. he is a complete moron if you ask me.

it will be hard to defend the Wimby points as well. last year was his first time in 7 tries at Wimby to go beyond the first round.

finishingmove
05-22-2008, 10:28 PM
he is wearing himself out even as you read this. he is a complete moron if you ask me.

it will be hard to defend the Wimby points as well. last year was his first time in 7 tries at Wimby to go beyond the first round.

wimbledon is hibernation time for kolya

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 11:00 PM
wimbledon is hibernation time for kolya

he is not slam material anyway so i guess it makes no difference.

Snowwy
05-22-2008, 11:36 PM
I think he will surprise some people this year, plus its no fun to just say Rafa, Roger, Novak

Clay Death
05-22-2008, 11:56 PM
I think he will surprise some people this year, plus its no fun to just say Rafa, Roger, Novak

i realize that but it is what it is. those 3 are simply head and shoulders above the rest.

Davytanko stunk up the courts here last year when he was up in all 3 sets against Fed but choked like a chump. he ran when he saw Fed in Estoril.

i just have no confidence in him as far as big matches go in the slams.

elessar
05-22-2008, 11:58 PM
Roland Garros : Roger
USopen : Roger
Wimbledon : Roger, what else ?:hearts:

TMJordan
05-23-2008, 12:01 AM
RO: Nadal
Wimbledon: :shrug:
US & A Open: Djokovic

Clay Death
05-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Roland Garros : Roger
USopen : Roger
Wimbledon : Roger, what else ?:hearts:

negative. not in a million years. not even if he was at his peak of dominance which he is clear not with just one rinky dinky, mickey mouse, small time, and totally worthless estoril title.

try again.

elessar
05-23-2008, 12:13 AM
negative. not in a million years. not even if he was at his peak of dominance which he is clear not with just one rinky dinky, mickey mouse, small time, and totally worthless estoril title.

try again.
A true fan can see past all that :hearts: Roger is king and will take all three you'll see :inlove:

adee-gee
05-23-2008, 12:19 AM
A true fan can see past all that :hearts: Roger is king and will take all three you'll see :inlove:
Affirmative.

Clay Death
05-23-2008, 12:27 AM

how about a wager then?

are you really praying for Nadal to be injured? you know bloddy well that if Nadal is healthy and in the finals across the net from Fed, its a hopeless situation for Fed.

elessar
05-23-2008, 12:32 AM
how about a wager then?

are you really praying for Nadal to be injured? you know bloddy well that if Nadal is healthy and in the finals across the net from Fed, its a hopeless situation for Fed.

Not at all, if Roger is really motivated we all know he's the best player in the world no matter the surface :shrug: If he wants this FO, I pity anyone who gets in his path :worship:

Clay Death
05-23-2008, 01:02 AM
Not at all, if Roger is really motivated we all know he's the best player in the world no matter the surface :shrug: If he wants this FO, I pity anyone who gets in his path :worship:

i see. at least you are sticking by your player. nothing wrong with that.

Fed said the following exact words about Nadal recently:

"Nothing is impossible for Rafa on clay".---Roger Federer

check this article out. Fed is full of praise and respect for Nadal.

Legends back Nadal for 4th French title

Rate the Story

SMS NDTV
Sports and cricketing action: SMS SPO / CRI to 56388 (in India), 6388 (in UAE) & 63880(in UK)
Also Read

Nadal heads for history at Federer's expense
Sania disappointed to miss French Open

Agence France-Presse
Thursday, May 22, 2008 (Paris)
Bjorn Borg believes Rafael Nadal will storm into the history books at the French Open and join him as the only man to rack up four successive Roland Garros titles.

Borg, who performed the feat from 1978-1981, is not the only former champion expecting another Paris cruise for the formidable 21-year-old Spaniard.

Nadal's compatriot Carlos Moya believes that, barring injury, his countryman already has his name on the Coupe des Mousquetaires for the fourth time.

"Nadal looks extremely confident, extremely strong on the clay even right now, so that's definitely the guy to beat for Paris," Borg told ESPN.
"If he's as good as he looks right now and is going to continue, and stay away from injuries and be motivated, it's going to be tough to beat him at the French."

Moya, the French Open champion in 1998, believes Nadal, with 108 wins in his last 110 claycourt matches, has both the physical and mental edge over his rivals including Federer whom he has beaten in eight of their nine meetings on the surface."You have to concentrate," Moya said. "You just have to survive all the problems that come at you, it's like tennis's equivalent of a marathon.
"Mentally Nadal is unbelievable, he copes very well with the pressure. I think if he is 100 percent fit no one can beat him over five sets on clay. If he is fine in body and mind, I don't see anyone beating him." Rome Masters and Australian Open champion Djokovic, the world number three, who lost a nail-biting three-hour semi-final to Nadal in Hamburg last week, refuses to attach great significance to recent problems suffered by the world's top two.

Federer is enduring one of his most disappointing seasons with just the Estoril title to show for his efforts; he has also lost the Monte Carlo and Hamburg finals - both on clay - to Nadal.

Nadal, too, has shown a degree of fraility, suffering badly from blisters in a second round loss to Juan Carlos Ferrero in Rome before needing treatment to a calf injury in the Hamburg final where he had trailed 1-5 in the first set.

"They're professional, and they're humans as all we are. It's normal to lose the first round, second round after so many years of dominance," said the Serbian who turns 21 on Thursday (May 22).

"All I can say is that mentally they're struggling because, you know, there is so much pressure and so much expectation that they have to be in the final on every surface and in every tournament that they play."

Federer, about to play his 10th Roland Garros, recognises Nadal's strengths, but refuses to give up his quest of a French Open title, a mission which proved even beyond the likes of Pete Sampras, John McEnroe, Boris Becker and Stefan Edberg.

"Rafa's a more complete player. He's still young and improving. That's why it's important just for him to play compact and tough," said Federer.

"He brings that day in and day out on clay. For him it's just so natural and it makes it hard for the other players to beat him."
Story Finder 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002

User Comments [ +Comment on the story ]

Be the first to comment...

About Us | Advertise | Feedback | Disclaimer | Investor | Careers | Transmission
© Copyright NDTV Convergence Limited 2008. All rights reserved.

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-23-2008, 04:50 AM
Logic states the following

W: Nole/Nadal
US: Nole

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-23-2008, 04:50 AM

Infusion of logic is needed in this post.

No ballet tennis playing clown can ever win RG as long as Spartan King stands.

Clay Death
05-23-2008, 04:53 AM
Infusion of logic is needed in this post.

No ballet tennis playing clown can ever win RG as long as Spartan King stands.

double affirmative. Clay Gods have no use for girly men anyway. let no one ever forget that clay is the ultimate and the true battlefield of the Gods.

Chiseller
05-23-2008, 04:57 AM

Exactly, if he stays mentally focused there is no one who can stop him.
As Rafa and Roger are friends though, he'll present him the RG title. He's so kind :worship:

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-23-2008, 04:59 AM
Exactly, if he stays mentally focused there is no one who can stop him.
As Rafa and Roger are friends though, he'll present him the RG title. He's so kind :worship:

Wow

MTF has lost too much logic in the last 6 months.

Good news though the light is back to show you how wrong you are.

Toko
05-23-2008, 05:01 AM
Nadal will get RG.
That alone will sky rocket clown's prophetic stats to 33%.
When we factor his overall predictions, it will go down to 9% again.

Chiseller
05-23-2008, 06:02 AM
Wow

MTF has lost too much logic in the last 6 months.

Good news though the light is back to show you how wrong you are.

Whoeveryouare: I sincerely hope you're clowndeath's new groveller. Okey, in all honesty, it's less about CD more about me and the fact that we're (I am) missing high quality trolls on this board. Do you mind changing your nick to mediter or to a similar alteration? This would bring back some good memories.
A last solicitation, I'm old-fashioned thus keep your knickers on and keep it wild, please.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/606/2/refresh/images/smileys/f_bubbly.gif

*snowflake*
05-23-2008, 08:12 AM
W: Rafa/Novak
USO: Pics :smoke:

Basel: Federer

:angel:

Clay Death
05-23-2008, 08:53 AM
W: Rafa/Novak
USO: Pics :smoke:

Basel: Federer

:angel:

wouldnt that be something if we get a Rafa vs Novak final at Wimby? Fed would be lost forever.

LK_22
05-23-2008, 10:06 AM
It's not going to happen

RG: Nadal easy
W: Federer easy
US: Close call between Djokovic/Federer, Nadal to lose to another mug way before the final e.g. Andy Murray :p

alfonsojose
05-23-2008, 02:05 PM

Obama Sin Laden?

Cat123
05-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Wimbledon: Rafa :devil:
USO: Nole or Fed.

Del_Toro
05-23-2008, 04:21 PM
RG: FED
WIM: FED
USO: Djoker

Clay Death
05-23-2008, 05:13 PM
RG: FED
WIM: FED
USO: Djoker

what a stroke of good fortune. headlines everywhere are saying that "Fed gets a clear path straight to the finals". fucking ridiculous that he gets this kind of favorable draw time and again. one time he is in Fed`s 1/2 like at the Australian Open, he takes out Fed with ease.

i know he was in Fed`s 1/2 in Monte Carlo but he was sick then. that makes 2 big tournaments. i cant think of any others where he has been in Fed`s 1/2.

Clay Monster, meanwhile, has to deal with Nalby and Djokovic. Djokovic is the toughest player to take down now.

he could have finally shut down Fed in the semis and kept him from getting in the finals but no cigar. there has to be some sort of conspiracy to keep Fed going.

its like just about every slam and every big tournament and we find Djokovic in Nadal`s 1/2.

Clay Monster will do what he has to do but i am seriously pissed. so now we are going to have yet another Fed vs Nadal final. Nadal will just have to demolish him this time for good.

one bright side of this very tough draw is that Nadal will be better battle tested and accordingly, far better prepared for the final. he just has to get his matches done in straight sets and be as efficient as possible.

rofe
05-23-2008, 05:24 PM
what a stroke of good fortune. headlines everywhere are saying that "Fed gets a clear path straight to the finals". fucking ridiculous that he gets this kind of favorable draw time and again. one time he is in Fed`s 1/2 like at the Australian Open, he takes out Fed with ease.

i know he was in Fed`s 1/2 in Monte Carlo but he was sick then. that makes 2 big tournaments. i cant think of any others where he has been in Fed`s 1/2.

Clay Monster, meanwhile, has to deal with Nalby and Djokovic. Djokovic is the toughest player to take down now.

he could have finally shut down Fed in the semis and kept him from getting in the finals but no cigar. there has to be some sort of conspiracy to keep Fed going.

its like just about every slam and every big tournament and we find Djokovic in Nadal`s 1/2.

Clay Monster will do what he has to do but i am seriously pissed. so now we are going to have yet another Fed vs Nadal final. Nadal will just have to demolish him this time for good.

one bright side of this very tough draw is that Nadal will be better battle tested and accordingly, far better prepared for the final. he just has to get his matches done in straight sets and be as efficient as possible.

Oh so it is a good excuse for Novak to be sick but not so for Fed. :yeah: I like your logic CD. You da man.

Clay Death
05-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Oh so it is a good excuse for Novak to be sick but not so for Fed. :yeah: I like your logic CD. You da man.

he was only sick since he lost that match. he played Tipsy in a 4+ hour match and then worked out hard the next day--both on the the court and in the gym.

then he went on to beat his next 2 opponents in straight sets before running into Djokovic. trust me. Fed was just fine. he made the semis. nobody really believes that he was sick. you simply cant put in that kind of effort and then declare that you were sick after the fact.

Fed came out with that bullshit to diminish Djokovic`s title there.

Clay Death
05-23-2008, 06:00 PM
French Open - Nadal - no brainer

Wimbledon - Federer - 5 years domination of the event says it all, only Nadal has given him trouble due to the bad match up. I expect Nadal to be beaten before the final (as I have done the past 2 years it has to be said)

U.S. Open - Federer - the toughest pick this one, but Federer always comes on strong at the end of the season and will take some beating.

i would think that the U.S. Open is the easiest pick of them all. Djokovic has a little monopoly going on hard courts. he is clearly ahead of the pack on hard courts.

as for grass, we will find out soon enough but Fed will go in as the favorite.

Bernard Black
05-23-2008, 09:06 PM
i would think that the U.S. Open is the easiest pick of them all. Djokovic has a little monopoly going on hard courts. he is clearly ahead of the pack on hard courts.

as for grass, we will find out soon enough but Fed will go in as the favorite.

I'm not sure what Djokovic has done to make you think he is invincible on hard courts? He had a good run in the Australian Open but come on, that is traditionally a tournament that brings upsets, just look at some of the past winners. U.S. Open is a different kettle of fish, and it would be asenine to say Federer isn't the favourite when he's going for his 5th straight title in the event, he's not playing so bad you can write him off yet.

As several other posters have mentioned though, it's far too early to be making such predictions. I stand by my French Open and Wimbledon picks, these are no brainers in my opinion. I've probably just given Nadal and Federer a massive jinx though! :p

Clay Death
05-24-2008, 03:02 AM
I'm not sure what Djokovic has done to make you think he is invincible on hard courts? He had a good run in the Australian Open but come on, that is traditionally a tournament that brings upsets, just look at some of the past winners. U.S. Open is a different kettle of fish, and it would be asenine to say Federer isn't the favourite when he's going for his 5th straight title in the event, he's not playing so bad you can write him off yet.

As several other posters have mentioned though, it's far too early to be making such predictions. I stand by my French Open and Wimbledon picks, these are no brainers in my opinion. I've probably just given Nadal and Federer a massive jinx though! :p

on the contrary old sport, u.s. open is the easiest pick of them all. name a hard court event that Fed has won recently. he won the last u.s. open and the last cincy masters but other than that, they have been spanking him on hard courts.

check this out:

1. last madrid masters--he got spanked
2. last paris masters--spanked again
3. australian open--spanked
4. indian wells--spanked badly by fish
5. miami masters--slapped on the face by roddick

last year:

toronto masters--dusted by djokovic
indian wells and miami masters--slapped around by old man Canas.

translation: he has clearly lost his edge on hard courts. just how much proof do you need. he can be had on hard courts now old sport.

this is the bottom line:

1. roland garros : Nadal
2. Wimby: Djokovic, Fed, or Nadal
3. U.S. Open: Djokovic
4. Masters Cup: Djokovic

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-24-2008, 03:33 AM

Has Federer ever beaten a good player in a GS who is not in their first final, over 30 years old, hurt or a pansy.

Thats why Djokovic will kick his ass.

Clay Death
05-24-2008, 03:43 AM
Has Federer ever beaten a good player in a GS who is not in their first final, over 30 years old, hurt or a pansy.

that does sort of spell it out for the Federereeeeeeeesians.

leng jai
05-24-2008, 09:21 AM

Nadal Wimby 07 :scratch:

Clay Death
05-24-2008, 02:46 PM

so that is 1 out of 12. Fed has still had it too easy. so he got pushed around by a clay court master on grass.

just goes to show that if you show with some willingness to fight and have big balls, you can slap Fed around.

elessar
05-24-2008, 02:47 PM

Rafito's knee was injured :mad: clearly it shouldn't count either :sad:

Clay Death
05-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Rafito's knee was injured :mad: clearly it shouldn't count either :sad:

a point for elessar. Clay Monster also had to play 7 straight days because of the imbecilic bastards (aka wimby organizers) had their heads up their asses and could not get themselves to do the right thing.

~*BGT*~
05-24-2008, 06:08 PM
herc, the Wimbledon organisers couldn't control the rain. :lol: It's the same with people who say the USTA gifted Andy his slam because of the rain in 2003. Well, if that's true, how come he hasn't won another one? :retard:

unretrofied
05-24-2008, 08:23 PM
so that is 1 out of 12. Fed has still had it too easy.

haha wow, sure - 12 slams in 4 years sure looks and sounds like luck. dude, I've read some of your posts in a few threads and while you do make some good points, statements like the above make you look like a moron. it's laughable.

~*BGT*~
05-24-2008, 09:00 PM
^^ Wow, 6 posts and you're already in the red. :rolls:

Black Adam
05-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Just shows you how bad the guys is.

Clay Death
05-24-2008, 11:36 PM
haha wow, sure - 12 slams in 4 years sure looks and sounds like luck. dude, I've read some of your posts in a few threads and while you do make some good points, statements like the above make you look like a moron. it's laughable.

easy competition and easy finals. if it had not been for Nadal and Djokovic, he would have made a complete mockery of the men`s game. thank god for the two of them.

that is not just my opinion but also the opinion of the majority of the informed tennis world. i dont find that very laughable. its the truth old sport.

Clay Death
05-24-2008, 11:52 PM
^^ Wow, 6 posts and you're already in the red. :rolls:

who are you talking about bgt? this fed=faker killa sounds like a total retard. looks like mtf has attracted another sicko. he will be banned in no time flat. i will stick the mods on him quickly so his every post is examined. it has become rapidly obvious that he has an agenda to come after me.

the deal with me is that i never lose and i have the support of the mods here.

unretrofied
05-24-2008, 11:58 PM
easy competition and easy finals? and it was just federer who had the tremendeous luck to take advantage of that for years? I'm afraid it takes more than that, otherwise the rest of the tennis world wouldn't have let him get away with it for so long. of course he's had tons of luck, you need some to get that far. what's with the constant bashing and downgrading of his achievements tho? only thing that comes to mind is that you do it to tease his hardcore fans, which I guess could be fun if you're really bored to death. still some of your statements are really way off.

Eden
05-25-2008, 12:10 AM
what's with the constant bashing and downgrading of his achievements tho?

Welcome to GM ;) Things are really trollish here at the moment and it is boring to go to GM and read some of the threads, but better times will hopefully come and make this part of the forum enjoyable again :)

Clay Death
05-25-2008, 12:11 AM
easy competition and easy finals? and it was just federer who had the tremendeous luck to take advantage of that for years? I'm afraid it takes more than that, otherwise the rest of the tennis world wouldn't have let him get away with it for so long. of course he's had tons of luck, you need some to get that far. what's with the constant bashing and downgrading of his achievements tho? only thing that comes to mind is that you do it to tease his hardcore fans, which I guess could be fun if you're really bored to death. still some of your statements are really way off.

i pretty much try to call it the way i see it. nothing more and nothing less.

i dont expect people to agree with me all the time. there have to be those with different vantage points. i firmly believe that Fed has benefited from weak competition. his only resistance has been a clay courter with a relatively one dimensional game until Djokovic came along.

you can clearly see that Fed woud have had no less than 16 slams had it not been for these 2. he would have had 2 calender year grand slams had it not been for Nadal.

all you have to do is examine the numbers. Fed has never been pushed in any of his slam finals except one which was last Wimby. now contrast that with Borg`s wins or even Pete`s wins.

in looking at players like the Baggy Man, Gonzo, Blake, Roddick and the like, he has had it pretty easy. Roddick has been described as a one dimensional player also who basically has been throughly owned by Fed. even Hewitt`s stay at the top was very short lived. he could offer Fed nothing. he has been just a shadow of what he used to be when he first took over the #1 rank. also he had no weapons other than his wheels and his heart.

Fed is 26 now and staring 27 in the face. he has a lost a little step so he is more vulnerable now.

unretrofied
05-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Thanks, Eden. I come here for links to articles/interviews/videos and such, so I don't get 'all the action', but whenever I spend a few minutes reading through a thread a few usernames stick out.

Anyway, ClayDeath - you're entitled to that opinion. I found it silly that you needed to point out that the 'majority of the informed tennis world' thinks the same way tho. That's not something you need to say to make your point more legit. You're pretty convinced in what you're saying anyway, so it shouldn't matter what the 'majority' thinks.

I have examined the numbers yes and I still don't think it was easy for him, regardless of the way he's won in the finals. Staying focused and winning on such a regular basis for 5 years is not just luck. I've watched the guy play many times and it sure didn't look that easy to me. But yeah - it's your opinion and I have mine. It's crazy to think all the rest of the ATP Tour was a bunch of losers for all these years, while one guy had all the luck in the world. I think it has much more to do with the way that one guy played and handled his career.

Anyway, thanks for your input, I found out what I wanted to about your motivation behind these statements.

ThizServe
05-25-2008, 12:47 AM
RG - Nadal
W - Roddick
USO - Djokovic

Clay Death
05-25-2008, 12:51 AM
Thanks, Eden. I come here for links to articles/interviews/videos and such, so I don't get 'all the action', but whenever I spend a few minutes reading through a thread a few usernames stick out.

Anyway, ClayDeath - you're entitled to that opinion. I found it silly that you needed to point out that the 'majority of the informed tennis world' thinks the same way tho. That's not something you need to say to make your point more legit. You're pretty convinced in what you're saying anyway, so it shouldn't matter what the 'majority' thinks.

I have examined the numbers yes and I still don't think it was easy for him, regardless of the way he's won in the finals. Staying focused and winning on such a regular basis for 5 years is not just luck. I've watched the guy play many times and it sure didn't look that easy to me. But yeah - it's your opinion and I have mine. It's crazy to think all the rest of the ATP Tour was a bunch of losers for all these years, while one guy had all the luck in the world. I think it has much more to do with the way that one guy played and handled his career.

Anyway, thanks for your input, I found out what I wanted to about your motivation behind these statements.

i have no motivation other than to relax here and just share my passion for the sport.

i would have to agree with you on a few things. Fed did do a spectacular job of managing his fitness, health, and his career. his discipline as well as his drive is simply remarkable. there is no doubt that he wouldnt have achieved all that he has had he left anything to chance. it was all carefully calculated and his drive and his determination were a huge part of his success.

his professionalism, drive, focus, and discipline reminds me of Lance Armstrong. they truly left nothing to chance.

Vida
05-25-2008, 01:03 AM
yeah, Id agree with that CD. There is awful lot to admire about Fed, being his fan or not. The thing is that 'weak era' arguments, although can and can not be argued, always leave the room for misinterpretation and are near always misleading (esp when passions are involved, and cool heads leave the room). Point is that whatever are the reason for his success, they always prevail to his side. I mean, no one gave him anything he didn't take for himself. And also, if there is anyone to 'blame' that certainly isn't Fed.

Clay Death
05-25-2008, 01:22 AM
yeah, Id agree with that CD. There is awful lot to admire about Fed, being his fan or not. The thing is that 'weak era' arguments, although can and can not be argued, always leave the room for misinterpretation and are near always misleading (esp when passions are involved, and cool heads leave the room). Point is that whatever are the reason for his success, they always prevail to his side. I mean, no one gave him anything he didn't take for himself. And also, if there is anyone to 'blame' that certainly isn't Fed.

good post vida.

Okonsky
05-25-2008, 01:29 AM
good post vida.

Indeed. I am spongering:) his posts.

Clay Death
05-25-2008, 01:58 AM
Indeed. I am spongering:) his posts.

check out this article:

Editors’ Picks: French Open 2008

The editors of TENNIS Magazine and TENNIS.com weigh in with their predictions on who will be victorious at the 2008 French Open.

TENNIS Editors Men's Picks Women's Picks
James Martin
Editor in Chief
Rafael Nadal

Ana Ivanovic
Tom Perrotta
Senior Editor
Rafael Nadal

Serena Williams

David Rosenberg
Photo Editor
Novak Djokovic

Maria Sharapova

Sarah Unke
Assistant Editor
Rafael Nadal

Maria Sharapova
Kamakshi Tandon
Online Editor
Roger Federer

Serena Williams
Sarah Thurmond
Assistant Editor
Rafael Nadal

Ana Ivanovic

James Martin, Editor in Chief
"Rafael Nadal-- How do you pick a gainst a player who's 21-0 at the French Open? Now he's going for his fourth consecutive title, which is something another great clay-courter, Bjorn Borg, did from 1978-'81. Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic have played close matches against Nadal this season, but over a best-of-five contest I don't think either of them has the ability to sustain the kind of ridiculously high quality tennis needed to put Nadal away."

"Ana Ivanovic-- With three-time defending champion Justine Henin now retired, the women's field is wide open. All the more reason to use rigorous academic technique in making your selection: put a few names on a dart board, blindfold yourself, and see who you get. Unfortunately, we don't have a dart board in the TENNIS offices, so I'll go with Ana Ivanovic. Last year's finalist should have her wits about her if she can get to the championship match again, and with her movement and clean, powerful strokes I like her chances over the other three contenders on clay; Serena Williams, who's only won here once; and Jelena Jankovic, who's a flake in big matches.

Tom Perrotta, Senior Editor
Rafael Nadal-- Let’s say a friend gives you two choices. A.) The sun will implode tomorrow and swallow the earth with it. B.) The sun will NOT implode tomorrow and NOT swallow the earth with it. If you make the correct choice, your friend will fill the gas tank in your car for six months. You drive a gas guzzling minivan. Which would you choose?

I’m not suggested that Rafael Nadal will win the French Open as surely as the sun will rise tomorrow, but to choose anyone other than him—unless he’s injured, ill, or been taking advice from Justine Henin—is just plain silly. He’s never lost a match at Roland Garros. He’s never lost more than a set in a match at Roland Garros. Heck, since April 2005, he’s lost only two matches on clay and one of them was because of blisters that almost made him forfeit before the match began. Nadal’s record on clay is 108-2 in that span. I’m boldly predicting that it will be 115-2 when the French Open ends."

"Serena Williams--One could reasonably argue that the two biggest challenges of Serena Williams’ career have been Justine Henin, the now retired world No. 1, and winning the French Open, which she has accomplished only once. Now that Henin is gone, Williams’ chances at Roland Garros are much improved. Even if Henin had contended for a fourth straight title, Williams would have been tough to beat. She’s fitter this year than she was last year, she’s played more on clay, and she’s seemingly hungry for titles and the No. 1 ranking. Williams’ toughest opponents will be Jelena Jankovic, Ana Ivanovic, and, if she’s in form, her sister Venus. None of them is Henin on clay. She’ll struggle at times in the next two weeks, but Williams ought to win her second title at Roland Garros."

Sarah Unke, Assistant Editor
"Maria Sharapova-- Direct quote from Sharapova: "In a Grand Slam stage you're going to do whatever it takes." Though clay isn't her best surface, Sharapova has the will, and she knows what this one would mean."

"Rafael Nadal-- At 21 wins and counting, it's hard to bet against Nadal at Roland Garros. Federer still hasn't figured him out and, while Djokovic reached the semis last year, it's hard to imagine him grinding through to the end."

David Rosenberg, Photo Editor
"Djokovic and Sharapova-- Both players will go into Wimbledon half way to a grand slam. "

Kamakshi Tandon, Online Editor
"Serena Williams: If she's playing well, would you make anyone else in the field the favorite in a match against her?

"Roger Federer: Game says Nadal. Trend says Djokovic. Draw says Federer. Besides, how often does one get to name Federer as an underdog pick?."

Sarah Thurmond, Assistant Editor
"Rafael Nadal-- Unless something freaky happens, like Nikolay Davydenko finds another magic racquet, Rafa will win again. Most likely he'll face Roger Federer in the final, his pesky defense undoing the Fedster. Dangerous players to watch: Novak Djokovic, David Ferrer, and Spaniard Nicolas Almagro, who comes in with confidence after winning a couple clay events earlier this year and cracking the Top 20 this month."

"Ana Ivanovic. With no Justine Henin in the way this year, my money's on Ana Ivanovic, last year's finalist. She's got to make up for that embarrassing 2nd round loss to a qualifier in Rome earlier this month. Maria Sharapova will certainly make a run for it as she's growing more confident on clay after winning her first clay tournament in Charleston. Jelena Jankovic is a darkhorse favorite for me."

More 2008 Australian Open Coverage View Photo Wire

Pro Rankings

ATP Tour
1. R. Federer
2. R. Nadal
3. N. Djokovic
4. N. Davydenko
5. D. Ferrer
6. A. Roddick
7. D. Nalbandian
8. J. Blake
9. R. Gasquet
10. S. Wawrinka
More
WTA Tour
1. M. Sharapova
2. A. Ivanovic
3. J. Jankovic
4. S. Kuznetsova
5. S. Williams
6. A. Chakvetadze
7. E. Dementieva
8. V. Williams
9. M. Bartoli
10. D. Hantuchova
More

Your Game

• Video Instruction
• Article Instruction
• Gear Info & Reviews
• Fitness
• Sports Science

View More in Your Game

Train with Jimmy Connors
Jimmy hosts C. Evert, J. Blake, J. Henin & the Bryan Bros in helping you improve your game!
www.FoundationSports.com
Cruise Deals - 75% Off
Great deals on last-minute cruises. All cruise lines and destinations. Best price guarantee.
www.VacationsToGo.com
Save on Racquets, Shoes, Apparel at Tennis Express
Best Brands, Best Selection, Best Service. Shop Today!
www.TennisExpress.com
US Open Tennis Tickets
We have a huge selection of US Open Tennis tickets at prices that can't be beat.
www.FanTickets.com
Golf Packages in Myrtle Beach
Talk to a local golf expert to get the most up to date golf course and lodging information.
www.yourgolfpackage.com
Buy a link now

TENNIS Magazine is published 10 times per year.

Save 75% off of the annual newsstand price.

Home - About Us - Privacy Policy - Advertise - Contact Us - Subscribe to TENNIS - Online Store
© 2007 TENNIS.com. All Rights Reserved.

Okonsky
05-25-2008, 02:07 AM
check out this article:

Thanks.

Clay Death
05-25-2008, 02:13 AM
Thanks.

i wouldnt mind a Davydenko vs Nadal final. kind of tired of Fed vs Nadal finals.

the end result is Nadal anyway. i am not sure if Davydenko has the balls to take out Fed. he usually runs the second it gets hot in the kitchen.

trixtah
05-25-2008, 02:16 AM
easy competition and easy finals. if it had not been for Nadal and Djokovic, he would have made a complete mockery of the men`s game. thank god for the two of them.

that is not just my opinion but also the opinion of the majority of the informed tennis world. i dont find that very laughable. its the truth old sport.

wrong

i dont expect people to agree with me all the time. there have to be those with different vantage points. i firmly believe that Fed has benefited from weak competition. his only resistance has been a clay courter with a relatively one dimensional game until Djokovic came along.

you can clearly see that Fed woud have had no less than 16 slams had it not been for these 2. he would have had 2 calender year grand slams had it not been for Nadal.

all you have to do is examine the numbers. Fed has never been pushed in any of his slam finals except one which was last Wimby. now contrast that with Borg`s wins or even Pete`s wins.

in looking at players like the Baggy Man, Gonzo, Blake, Roddick and the like, he has had it pretty easy. Roddick has been described as a one dimensional player also who basically has been throughly owned by Fed. even Hewitt`s stay at the top was very short lived. he could offer Fed nothing. he has been just a shadow of what he used to be when he first took over the #1 rank. also he had no weapons other than his wheels and his heart.

Fed is 26 now and staring 27 in the face. he has a lost a little step so he is more vulnerable now.

You look only at finals and pretend you're some kind of tennis guru? You need to look at the whole picture to take in what Roger has accomplished

Clay Death
05-25-2008, 02:18 AM
wrong

truth always hurts old sport. take an aspirin and call me in the morning.

bad gambler
05-25-2008, 02:19 AM
French Open - Nadal

Wimby - Fed

Us Open - Nalbandian

TMC - Djoko + # 1 ranking

MatchFederer
05-25-2008, 02:25 AM

:worship:

:haha:

Sampras won 8 out of 14 of his slams in straight freakin' sets you magnabulous muppet.

Knightmace
05-25-2008, 02:38 AM
RG: Rafa.
Wimbledon: Roger
US: Roger

Fed will most likely face Novak in both Wimbly and US and he could make it into the finals of RG.

fran70
05-25-2008, 02:40 AM
Roland Garros = Nadal
Wimbledon = Federer
US Open = Djokovic

MatchFederer
05-25-2008, 02:47 AM
French Open - Nadal

Wimby - Fed

Us Open - Nalbandian

TMC - Djoko + # 1 ranking

That's not what you said a few moments ago is it?? :D

MatchFederer
05-25-2008, 02:48 AM
I'm gonna go for.

RG - FED,RAFA....... Djoko
Wimb - None of the big 3
USO - Fed, Djoko...... Roddick

bad gambler
05-25-2008, 03:03 AM
That's not what you said a few moments ago is it?? :D

No

Clay Death
05-25-2008, 03:21 AM

:haha:

Sampras won 8 out of 14 of his slams in straight freakin' sets you magnabulous muppet.

you carefully neglect to mention Borg. and how about Pete`s competition compared to Fed`s competition. Fed`s competition has been a joke. that is not even subject to debate. just count the clowns he has been surrounded by. and then look at the legends Pete was surrounded by. you will either see the light or you will choose to wander in the dark forever.

all Fed had until now was a one dimensional clay courter.

xargon
05-25-2008, 03:25 AM
RG - Nadal
W - Nadal
USO - Djokovic

MatchFederer
05-25-2008, 03:31 AM
you carefully neglect to mention Borg. and how about Pete`s competition compared to Fed`s competition. Fed`s competition has been a joke. that is not even subject to debate. just count the clowns he has been surrounded by. and then look at the legends Pete was surrounded by. you will either see the light or you will choose to wander in the dark forever.

i didn't carefully leave out Borg at all. I just found it genuinely funny how you chose to include Sampras as well. it made you look like a class A muppet master.

If anything, Sampras had an easier time than Federer in finals. Comparing their respective comp is pointless until Federer's career is over, by which time he might have played alongside future legends as well as already playing alongside another... the "clay monster".

All I can say for Borg is, he retired just as things could have got REALLY interesting with regards to competition. It would be like Federer retiring early next year after disagreeing with the new ATP schedule after losing his Wimbledon and US open crowns to Nadal and Djokovic respectively.

Ram your goose up the light me old muffin.

Clay Death
05-25-2008, 03:31 AM
RG - Nadal
W - Nadal
USO - Djokovic

Wimby is the only one that is far from a done deal. it is open. Fed will need another one of his highly favorable draws and he will need to avoid Djokovic and Nalby in his 1/2.

in my estimation, the time has come for Fed to give in to pressure at Wimby. he knows all too well that he has lost a little bit of his edge. he knows that if he fails here that it might really be the definitive end of his dominance.

MatchFederer
05-25-2008, 03:33 AM
Wimby is the only one that is far from a done deal. it is open. Fed will need another one of his highly favorable draws and he will need to avoid Djokovic and Nalby in his 1/2.

in my estimation, the time has come for Fed to give in to pressure at Wimby. he knows all too well that he has lost a little bit of his edge. he knows that if he fails here that it might really be the definitive end of his dominance.

I should imagine that the US Open will be open.

Clay Death
05-25-2008, 03:48 AM
I should imagine that the US Open will be open.

i am still amazed that people are having trouble with this one. the open is the easiest one to pick. its Djokovic`s favorite surface and he is the one surging and charging.

MatchFederer
05-25-2008, 03:53 AM
i am still amazed that people are having trouble with this one. the open is the easiest one to pick. its Djokovic`s favorite surface and he is the one surging and charging.

Too many matches to be played between now and then. Let's see what happens in the TMS events.

Clay Death
05-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Too many matches to be played between now and then. Let's see what happens in the TMS events.

just watch him play here at Roland Garros. he is going to make a believer out of you yet. and its not even his best surface. the serbian slayer is coming and he cant be stopped.

we already know what happens at masters series events. Fed cant win those events anymore.

MatchFederer
05-25-2008, 04:03 PM
just watch him play here at Roland Garros. he is going to make a believer out of you yet. and its not even his best surface. the serbian slayer is coming and he cant be stopped.

we already know what happens at masters series events. Fed can win those events anymore.

If he gets to the semis and gives Nadal a fairly hard time then he would have reached my expectation.

There are too many matches to be played.

TheSwissMaster
05-25-2008, 04:38 PM

and who did pete had? chang :haha::haha:

Clay Death
05-26-2008, 01:58 AM
and who did pete had? chang :haha::haha:

i see you chose darkness over light. i cant help you old sport. Chang was better than some of the clowns Fed is surrounded by. how about checking his record and then comparing it to the turkeys like Blake, Gasgay, Baggy Man, Gonzo, Davydenko and the like before your next post.

Clay Death
05-26-2008, 02:14 AM
If he gets to the semis and gives Nadal a fairly hard time then he would have reached my expectation.

There are too many matches to be played.

his game is lethal and efficient. and his 2 hander is just sick. i am afraid he is going to keep Nadal on the court for 4+ hours.

it was over 3 hours last time in Hamburg and it was only best of 3 sets.

MatchFederer
05-26-2008, 02:18 AM
his game is lethal and efficient. and his 2 hander is just sick. i am afraid he is going to keep Nadal on the court for 4+ hours.

it was over 3 hours last time in Hamburg and it was only best of 3 sets.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wwwLkgEOy-Y&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SHHKbq5JsJ4&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TCFdXTMuc64&feature=related

Maybe Nalbandian will have something to say at RG.

Clay Death
05-26-2008, 02:21 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wwwLkgEOy-Y&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TCFdXTMuc64&feature=related

Maybe Nalbandian will have something to say at RG.

Nalby can win the first 2 sets and still go up in flames. he doesnt have the fitness.

Nadal will take that match in 4 sets if the match materializes.

MatchFederer
05-26-2008, 02:30 AM
Well let's hope the match happens. Heh heh heh.

Clay Death
05-26-2008, 02:32 AM
Well let's hope the match happens. Heh heh heh.

i think it might happen. Nadal will get some measure revenge for those 2 terrible losses at Madrid and Paris masters last year.

i dont think they have ever played on clay.

TheSwissMaster
05-26-2008, 07:22 AM
i see you chose darkness over light. i cant help you old sport. Chang was better than some of the clowns Fed is surrounded by. how about checking his record and then comparing it to the turkeys like Blake, Gasgay, Baggy Man, Gonzo, Davydenko and the like before your next post.

i dont need to check his record.
the thing that he had a better record was bcz pete let him have a better one. in todays era he wouldve been among the names u mentioned.

i can only laugh on imagining chang being no 2 player :lol:in world which pretty much sums it up about that era
damn lucky pete

Clay Death
05-26-2008, 02:36 PM
i dont need to check his record.
the thing that he had a better record was bcz pete let him have a better one. in todays era he wouldve been among the names u mentioned.

i can only laugh on imagining chang being no 2 player :lol:in world which pretty much sums it up about that era
damn lucky pete

your avi sums up your mad infatuation with the "swiss master".

MatchFederer
05-26-2008, 03:04 PM
i think it might happen. Nadal will get some measure revenge for those 2 terrible losses at Madrid and Paris masters last year.

i dont think they have ever played on clay.

No, they haven't. Of course, Nadal would be the big favourite, however there is a match up issue there.

Clay Death
05-26-2008, 03:07 PM
No, they haven't. Of course, Nadal would be the big favourite, however there is a match up issue there.

that matchup issue is not valid on clay. Nadal can run down his shots and return them with interest.

additionally, fat dave doesnt get the benefit of a climate controlled environment like he did in Madrid and in Paris. he is not fit enough to stay with Nadal for 3-4 hours.

MatchFederer
05-26-2008, 03:11 PM
that matchup issue is not valid on clay. Nadal can run down his shots and return them with interest.

additionally, fat dave doesnt get the benefit of a climate controlled environment like he did in Madrid and in Paris. he is not fit enough to stay with Nadal for 3-4 hours.

Nalbandian is a good clay courter. It is hard to neglect the fact that his backhand can more than live with Nadal's forehand. I believe the match-up issue will be valid on clay. Of course, I still think Nadal will win, probably in 4 but maybe 5. Tire him out for Djokovic, who in turn tires him out for Federer. :devil:

TheSwissMaster
05-26-2008, 04:16 PM
your avi sums up your mad infatuation with the "swiss master".

but atleast u got the reality check about pete's era :)

MatchFederer
05-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Yeah. It still makes me chuckle that he compared Sampras' comp with Federer's with so much confidence as if they were worlds apart. Anyway, as I have already said, it is slightly pointless to compare until Federer has retired and after.

Clay Death
05-27-2008, 12:14 AM
but atleast u got the reality check about pete's era :)

your sig proudly declares that Nadal is a cheater. do you even know shit from shoe polish?

you need a reality check in a worse way old sport. Fed`s competition has been a complete joke. his only competion--until now, has been from a one dimensionsal clay courter who cant serve.

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-27-2008, 05:33 AM
your sig proudly declares that Nadal is a cheater. do you even know shit from shoe polish?

you need a reality check in a worse way old sport. Fed`s competition has been a complete joke. his only competion--until now, has been from a one dimensionsal clay courter who cant serve.

Nole is the one who will show the world how bad Federer is in front a real player.

TheSwissMaster
05-27-2008, 05:48 AM

calm down rafatard, djoko lover aka fedhater, i know its difficult for u to swallow the reality but everyone (most players) cheats except roger so there is no shame if rafa is caught cheating. why do u mind. relax:angel:

you need a reality check in a worse way old sport. Fed`s competition has been a complete joke.

but cant be bigger than the joke pete got
hehe

why do i have to remind u again.
dont u remember

chang:lol:

azza
05-27-2008, 06:52 AM
RG Luczak

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-27-2008, 01:04 PM
calm down rafatard, djoko lover aka fedhater, i know its difficult for u to swallow the reality but everyone (most players) cheats except roger so there is no shame if rafa is caught cheating. why do u mind. relax:angel:

True Federer doesnt cheat, he gets the ATP and Grand Slams to cheat for him. ;)

bokehlicious
05-27-2008, 01:13 PM
That would be so great for tennis if Nole and Rafa could share the slams this year: AO and USO for Novak, RG and Wimbledon for Rafa. Tennis would be saved and draw interest again :worship:

Okonsky
05-27-2008, 01:27 PM
can't believe Switzerland gave 12 points again to the Serbians at Eurosong

It happen quitte often. To Turkey or some of former Yugoslav republic. Immigrants old sport (steeled from CD).

bokehlicious
05-27-2008, 01:33 PM
It happen quitte often. To Turkey or some of former Yugoslav republic. Immigrants old sport (steeled from CD).

Of course :o only national fanatics voting :zzz:

Okonsky
05-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Of course :o only national fanatics voting :zzz:

Good boy:o

Clay Death
05-27-2008, 02:35 PM
That would be so great for tennis if Nole and Rafa could share the slams this year: AO and USO for Novak, RG and Wimbledon for Rafa. Tennis would be saved and draw interest again :worship:

AO and U.S. Open are in the bag for Nole. now the Clay Monster just has to do his part and take Roland Garros and Wimby. that is a dream scenario.

bokehlicious
05-27-2008, 02:39 PM
AO and U.S. Open are in the bag for Nole. now the Clay Monster just has to do his part and take Roland Garros and Wimby. that is a dream scenario.

RG is in the bag for Clay Monster, and he's the huge favorite at Wimbledon. This is meant to be the dream year, believe me ;)

Federesians will commit collective suicide by the end of the year :)

Clay Death
05-27-2008, 02:47 PM
RG is in the bag for Clay Monster, and he's the huge favorite at Wimbledon. This is meant to be the dream year, believe me ;)

Federesians will commit collective suicide by the end of the year :)

cool. one dream scenario after another. i didnt think about that "collective suicide" by the Federereeeeeeeeeesians.

i bet they have their plan A and plan B.

Plan A: they all walk into the sea with a 50 pound cement bag under each arm.

Plan B: go on a hunger strike for 200 days.

both work but plan A will get the job done much faster.

TheSwissMaster
05-27-2008, 04:57 PM
dont worry, rafa isnt even reaching the final this time. he cant be third time lucky, thats for sure.:rolleyes:
djoko, the future GOAT will take that one, no arguing.:shrug:

Clay Death
05-28-2008, 12:59 AM
dont worry, rafa isnt even reaching the final this time. he cant be third time lucky, thats for sure.:rolleyes:
djoko, the future GOAT will take that one, no arguing.:shrug:

so where is the logic here? your girly man can reach 5 Wimbledon finals in a row and win them all but the best clay court player in the world, who has never lost at Roland Garros, cannot reach his 4th final.

are you praying for injuries again? carry on. what little credibility you might have had is now gone for good.

your sig spells out your insanity.

TheSwissMaster
05-28-2008, 06:03 AM
so where is the logic here? you girly man can reach 5 Wimbledon finals in a row and win them all but the best clay court player in the world, who has never lost at Roland Garros, cannot reach his 4th final.

are you praying for injuries again? carry on. what little credibility you might have had is now gone for good.

your sig spells out our insanity.

i was talking about wimb, not RG in response to p.antonius saying rafa being fav for wimb.:rolleyes:

thats why i asked u to relax. it happens when you arn't.;)

Clay Death
05-28-2008, 03:49 PM
i was talking about wimb, not RG in response to p.antonius saying rafa being fav for wimb.:rolleyes:

thats why i asked u to relax. it happens when you arn't.;)

well p antonious is probably closer to the truth. Fed is vulnerable this year and Djokovic is the new threat. if somebody can knock off Djokovic, Nadal may take home the Wimby title. the man has made 2 final appearances and very nearly took out the grass king last year.

Clay Death
06-05-2008, 02:20 AM
RG-blake
Wimb.-Davy
usopen-robredo

i think we can safely rule out these 3. they are among the biggest clowns on the tour among top players.

this Roland Garros is coming to a close. Nadal is more determined than ever. there is just no stopping him here. his preparation for the final will be pretty complete after he castrates Djokovic on friday.

Fed has to be scared to death. he will next set his sights on Wimby. i expect him to skip the warm-up event to Wimby again in favor of some rest to avoid injury. he will be going in with just one cheap, small title in Estoril to his name in 7 months so he could be somewhat vulnerable.

my guess is that Wimby will be between Fed and Djokovic. both have the goods to get it done there. not so sure about Nadal on grass this year. he needs a very favorable draw with Djokovic is Fed`s 1/2 to kill each other in the semis.

u.s. open is in the bag for Djokovic. i see nobody stopping him on hard courts.

Fedex
06-05-2008, 02:33 AM

Wishful thinking at best.

Carry on.

Clay Death
06-05-2008, 03:08 AM

Carry on.

he could end up being right. who had ever thought that Nadal could be in 2 straight Wimby finals? under the right draw and the right circumstances, he has a chance.

for Wimby, the 3 clear favorites for the crown are Djokovic, Fed, and Nadal in that exact order.

Bernard Black
06-05-2008, 03:14 AM
he could end up being right. who had ever thought that Nadal could be in 2 straight Wimby finals? under the right draw and the right circumstances, he has a chance.

for Wimby, the 3 clear favorites for the crown are Djokovic, Fed, and Nadal in that exact order.

Yes, Djokovic is overwhelming favourite for Wimbledon, well spotted. :worship: This Federer is done, and would be better off retiring to avoid humiliation at his favourite event.

Clay Death
06-05-2008, 03:27 AM
Yes, Djokovic is overwhelming favourite for Wimbledon, well spotted. :worship: This Federer is done, and would be better off retiring to avoid humiliation at his favourite event.

anything is possible with the way Djokovic is improving. watch him on friday and you will realize just how dangerous he can be. nobody ever thought that he could be a bigger threat to Nadal on clay but he is now.

Nadal has said that he will need to play close to 100% in order to secure a spot in the final. Nadal had no such problems with Djokovic last year. he destroyed him in Rome and then again at Roland Garros with ridiculous ease. he will need to play one hell of a match to win on friday and he will.

meanwhile, the story with Fed is that he is clearly on a bit of decline. he can thank his lucky stars for his draw. Djokovic would have killed him in the semis.

Fed is basically done if he cant defend his title at Wimby. the pressure is simply enormous this year and he has acknowledged it. Federereeeeeeeeeeesians know this better than anybody but they have selectively chosen to be in denial.

Clay Death
06-12-2008, 05:51 AM

Carry on.

so now there are just 2 slams left and Fed finds himself in hot water. failure at Wimby means certain and definitive death for 2008 and no slams for Fed.

Ronlad Garros was never in question. Only the Wimby and the U.S. Open remain.

predictions are easy enough for the remaining 2:

Wimbledon: either Nadal or Djokovic

U.S. Open: Djokovic

Masters Cup: Djokovic

new #1 player at the end of 2008: Djokovic

*John*
06-12-2008, 06:08 AM
Novak
Novak

Johnny Groove
06-12-2008, 06:11 AM
I want to know how some people now suddenly believe that Djokovic is now the fave for Wimbledon :retard:

Fed's 5 titles and Nadal 2 finals are trumped by a mug that can't even finish out a SF with Rafa? :o

Please

leng jai
06-12-2008, 06:15 AM
Grass is the perfect surface to show off Fakervic's massive finishing power off both wings.

Johnny Groove
06-12-2008, 06:17 AM
Grass is the perfect surface to show off Fakervic's massive finishing power off both wings.

And his impressive serve/volley game too, right?

Clay Death
06-12-2008, 06:32 AM
I want to know how some people now suddenly believe that Djokovic is now the fave for Wimbledon :retard:

Fed's 5 titles and Nadal 2 finals are trumped by a mug that can't even finish out a SF with Rafa? :o

Please

relax old sport. its just a prediction. i dont see you coming up with your predictions.

i am basing my predictions on what i have seen and read. i believe that Djokovic is a lock for the U.S. Open and he has an outside chance of being in the finals at Wimby. his game is ideally suited for hard courts but it translates well to ohter surfaces.

you know damn well that he would have taken out Fed in the semis at Roland Garros had he been in Fed`s 1/2 of the draw.

here is what has to happen for him to win the Wimby:

he needs to be in Fed`s 1/2 of the draw. i believe he has the game and the confidence to hurt Fed on grass. once in the finals, anything can happen. Fed is not exacty in imperious form and nor is he all that confident now. the pressure weighs on him more than ever.

i am assuming that he will make the semis just like he did last year. only this time, he wont be spending too much time on the court. he just needs to be in Fed`s 1/2 of the draw.

i am not sure if he can beat Nadal in a best of 5 sets match on slow grass. if Nadal maks the semis, he is probably going to town. his form and his confidence will be there to take him to the finals.

Okonsky
06-12-2008, 08:52 AM
And if Novak wins he'll be lucky bastard? I love lucky bastards. Even more when I read expertize by bastards.

zcess81
06-12-2008, 10:02 AM
And his impressive serve/volley game too, right?

Serve and volley is deader then dead, thank god. Tennis in the 90s at Wimbledon was such a snooze fest. One of the main things you need if you wanna win Wimbledon, apart from mental toughness which is a must, is serve (movement, volley etc are also a must but serve is particularly important imo) and Novak (and here I quote Mats Wilander) "is the smartest server in the world right now". So if you wanna have a shot at Wimbledon title you need to serve very well. That's why Novak is the 2nd favorite and not Nadal. He has the whole package needed to win on grass. Nadal's serve has vastly improved but it's not even in the same league as Fed's, Arod's, Novak's etc.

bokehlicious
06-12-2008, 10:11 AM
That's why Novak is the 2nd favorite and not Nadal.

Last I checked Nadal = 2 finals and Nole = 0 finals... wait till Djerker achieves something decent on grass first... :rolleyes: :zzz: :zzz:

Monteque
06-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Last I checked Nadal = 2 finals and Nole = 0 finals... wait till Djerker achieves something decent on grass first... :rolleyes: :zzz: :zzz:

Yes. But that was happened before Novak took AO this year. Novak improves much this season. Novak is the best challenge for Fed...imo...in Wimby this year.

no matter how good they are...Fed will take this one again:devil:

zcess81
06-12-2008, 10:18 AM

I'm just telling you why a lot of people (experts included) think he's the 2nd favorite (not by a large margin though) for Wimbledon...I'm not saying he'll win it.

Clay Death
06-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Serve and volley is deader then dead, thank god. Tennis in the 90s at Wimbledon was such a snooze fest. One of the main things you need if you wanna win Wimbledon, apart from mental toughness which is a must, is serve (movement, volley etc are also a must but serve is particularly important imo) and Novak (and here I quote Mats Wilander) "is the smartest server in the world right now". So if you wanna have a shot at Wimbledon title you need to serve very well. That's why Novak is the 2nd favorite and not Nadal. He has the whole package needed to win on grass. Nadal's serve has vastly improved but it's not even in the same league as Fed's, Arod's, Novak's etc.

good post. at the Australian Open--when it really counted--Djokovic showed that he had just as big a serve as Fed.

and he backed it up with more powerful ground game. better yet, Novak outreturned him, thanks to his machine like 2 hander that cuts through the court and penetrates.

you dont want Novak in the semis. beat him early if you can for if he makes the semis again, he is going to cause all sorts of problems for who ever is on the other side of the net.

Clay Death
06-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Yes. But that was happened before Novak took AO this year. Novak improves much this season. Novak is the best challenge for Fed...imo...in Wimby this year.

no matter how good they are...Fed will take this one again:devil:

the biggest improvement Novak has made is in his fitness which has improved his efficiency on the court at least 15%. he is beating some of these players like a drum and doesnt waste much time on the court.

his other improvements are in his serve, return, and the backhand. the backhand has become much more of a finishing shot now. Mac said that he is the most improved player 2 years in a row. he wondered how that was possible at this level but he agreed that it is happening with Novak. he has become quite a worker.

Yves.
06-12-2008, 03:01 PM

What else?

Clay Death
06-12-2008, 03:42 PM

What else?

do you really believe that?