Yet another Nadal poll: Gamemanship? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Yet another Nadal poll: Gamemanship?

Bazooka
05-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Another "hot" issue here is Nadal's time between points and other gestures. I would really like to know what MTF thinks about all this, not just the disgruntled remarks by haters and flaming replies from fans. So pick one:

Tom Paulman
05-21-2008, 02:43 PM
He's #2 faker and cheater of the top 10

Bazooka
05-21-2008, 03:36 PM
mmmm.... looks like love is in the air.

RedFury
05-21-2008, 03:46 PM
4-Lame excuses by Nadal haters and opponents. He's one of the fairest players on Tour.

PS-In fact due to the muscle pull sustained against Fed in Hamburg's final it is doubtful he can return to training today as was previously scheduled. Source. (http://www.as.com/tenis/articulo/tenis-nadal-algodones-quiere-entrenarse/dasten/20080521dasdaiten_2/Tes)

rafa the best
05-21-2008, 03:50 PM
You shouldn't have opened this thread. It will be just another place for haters to come and bash Rafa.

Bazooka
05-21-2008, 03:59 PM
You shouldn't have opened this thread. It will be just another place for haters to come and bash Rafa.

Maybe, so far it's serving a purpose, if you check the results.

rafa the best
05-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Yes, I see, I hope people knoew the truth and will stop hating and bashing him, here.

There are a lot of players we can talk about when it comes to those things and Rafa is NOT one of them.

MacTheKnife
05-21-2008, 04:13 PM
I really don't think he takes all that time to get an advantage. In fact, I think there are many times that if he played more quickly, he would actually gain the advantage. Sometimes taking all that time between points allow his opponents to gather themselves as well.
I don't think any player complains when players take extra time on BIG points, it's when they do it the entire match that bugs some guys.
But, the rules are clear and should be enforced, or changed. I personally think the time between points allowed is to short anyway, and am not a fan of speeding up the game. I've always thought if you want to see a fast sport, go to a track meet. Let tennis alone !!!
One thing I've always thought I'd like to have seen was Jok playing McEnroe, and bouncing the ball 20 to 25 times. (I can't even imagine)

rafa_maniac
05-21-2008, 04:25 PM
"Load of crap" sums up this thread very nicely.

bokehlicious
05-21-2008, 04:26 PM
:lol: Gotta love the seasonal Rafatrolls :inlove: :bounce: :cool:

TheSwissMaster
05-21-2008, 04:28 PM
as i stated before he is a cheator. he intentionally took that timeout after he was getting thrashed by roger but after that he went on to win 6 games in a row and also was able to play for 3 sets and was running like a clown all over the court without any problems which further shows there was sth suspicious about that timeout
and he is also famous for his oncourt coaching, thats a must mention too

and thats what i only said in my thread but someone didnt liked the truth/rafa getting exposed and so got my thread deleted.

Sunset of Age
05-21-2008, 04:42 PM
"Load of crap" sums up this thread very nicely.

Yep.

They get just as much love from me (= ZERO) as any other troll.

as i stated before he is a cheator. he intentionally took that timeout after he was getting thrashed by roger but after that he went on to win 6 games in a row and also was able to play for 3 sets and was running like a clown all over the court without any problems which further shows there was sth suspicious about that timeout
and he is also famous for his oncourt coaching, thats a must mention too

and thats what i only said in my thread but someone didnt liked the truth/rafa getting exposed and so got my thread deleted.

Oh come on, not AGAIN!

Rafa is one of the fairest players out there. I can't count the times anymore that he corrected a line call to his opponent's benefit, just to name something.
The only thing you might rightfully hold against him is that he, indeed, at times takes too much time to serve (and recieve btw). But I very much doubt he does so to disrupt his opponent's rhythm, he does it to concentrate. That does not make it more legitimate, let that be clear: it's correct that he regularly gets a warning for it. Usually, he manages to speed up thereafter.

As for that match against Roger in Hamburg - only a blind mole couldn't (or was it rather 'woulnd't') see that he indeed was bothered by some muscle strain or something the like. That time-out he took was immediately after HE broke Roger back, so why disrupt your own rhythm when you've apparently just found your groove? The only one he'd be hindering with doing so, would be HIMSELF.

And saying that he was "running like a clown all over the court without any problems"- he WASN'T. He clearly played the rest of match quite subdued, as Dutch commentator Jan Siemerink pointed out (and that guy isn't actually a fanboy), just to prevent further damage, and rightly so, with RG coming along that soon. Why Fed wasn't able to take advantage of this is beyond me - that's why I called it a 'brainfart', but it surely had nothing to do with gamesmanship from Rafa.

scarecrows
05-21-2008, 04:47 PM
amazing, isnt it?

they'll go to lethargic sleep right after Wimbledon anyway

Saturn66
05-21-2008, 04:49 PM
nadal faker

Bazooka
05-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Yep.

As for that match against Roger in Hamburg - only a blind mole couldn't (or was it rather 'woulnd't') see that he indeed was bothered by some muscle strain or something the like. That time-out he took was immediately after HE broke Roger back, so why disrupt your own rhythm when you've apparently just found your groove? The only one he'd be hindering with doing so, would be HIMSELF.

And saying that he was "running like a clown all over the court without any problems"- he WASN'T. He clearly played the rest of match quite subdued, as Dutch commentator Jan Siemerink pointed out (and that guy isn't actually a fanboy), just to prevent further damage, and rightly so, with RG coming along that soon. Why Fed wasn't able to take advantage of this is beyond me - that's why I called it a 'brainfart', but it surely had nothing to do with gamesmanship from Rafa.

Completely agreed, in fact he has a muscular micro-strain and won't train for 2 days.

I think that pain in his leg somehow helped him. He was playing more aggresive shots instead of running, if you download and see the match again, many times he was standing and moving Roger left and right. He should learn from that...