Message to fans of both Federer and Roddick [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Message to fans of both Federer and Roddick

JJTennisMan
07-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Even though Roddick had lost his match to Federer, I'm still satisfied with the match. After all my messages that said that I thought Roddick would win, the fact is that I only wanted Roddick to win, and the first step to winning is believing, so I was only try to believe that he would win. I wouldn't have put my money on it, it is just a way for me to believe that he will win.

To all Federer fans: I'm sorry for what you may consider my "outragous" posts about the match, especially Fedex. There should be no reason that we should have to dislike each other just because we like different tennis players. Congratulations on your player's win and another Wimbledon title, I tip my hat off to you all! Federer is an excellant player, and I'll look forward to watching other matches that feature your world's #1 player (Not just Roddick vs. Federer matches).

To all Roddick fans: You should also be satisfied with the match. At least he won a set off the world's #1 player and he had some opportunities to win the match. Let's forget about the rain delays (or at least try not to blame it on them because both players have to go through the rain delays). Roddick was up a break, 4-2 in the 3rd set, Federer's serve. After Federer made it 4-3, Roddick had a chance to hold serve and his break, however he got broken, which of course forced the tiebreak, which he lost (A chance he could have taken advantage of.) Also, Andy was on serve in the 2nd set, serving to force a tiebreak. However, he couldn't take advantage of it, and got broken, giving Federer the set. I personally think (I don't know about you) that this was the turning point of the match because Roddick was up 1-0 in sets. Had he forced and won the tiebreak, he would've been up 2-0 in sets, and that would've made it very hard for Federer to come back. However instead it was 1-1, and then from the point when Federer broke Roddick in the 3rd set, he continued to roll and made it difficult for Andy to break Federer.
Because he had quite a few chances to win the match, I think that Roddick now has confidence that he can beat Federer in the future, since he won a set, and as mentioned above, had some chances to win the match that he couldn't take advantage of. So let's hope he can win some matches in the future against Federer to create a "rivalry" and not just calling the two of the "nemesises". Maybe next year Roddick will win Wimbledon. Hey, he still has his U.S. Open title to defend, remember?

Well, it was an exciting match to watch for a while, and I hope both fans are satisfied with the result. These are two exciting players to watch in the coming years.

~J.J.

P.S. I hope people look at this post so that they can see how much courage I have to admit that I made a mistake, and do the same. The solution is to not post "insane" posts.

spikeys_girl
07-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Even though Roddick had lost his match to Federer, I'm still satisfied with the match. After all my messages that said that I thought Roddick would win, the fact is that I only wanted Roddick to win, and the first step to winning is believing, so I was only try to believe that he would win. I wouldn't have put my money on it, it is just a way for me to believe that he will win..........

that's a nice message u know :)

Action Jackson
07-05-2004, 07:50 PM
Post this on GM, more people will read it.

JJTennisMan
07-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Ok... This thread has now been moved over to GM:

The link is http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=12376

slazenger
07-05-2004, 11:47 PM
As a neutral and non fan of either I thought it was great match to watch :bigclap:

spikeys_girl
07-06-2004, 06:39 PM
As a neutral and non fan of either I thought it was great match to watch :bigclap:

as a fan of Roddick, i thought exactly the same thing :) :wavey:

tennischickola
07-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Thanks JJTennisMan~That was so true and quite uplifting...thanks for making those great points it really made me think about it!

:umbrella:

~Kell

JJTennisMan
07-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Sure, np.