AeroStorm = AeroPro Drive Cortex ??? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

AeroStorm = AeroPro Drive Cortex ???

ThizServe
05-17-2008, 02:53 AM
I was looking at these two racquets and i was going to buy the aerostrom but when i looked at the aeropro drive, it basically had the same specs except for the fact the aeropro drive was lighter and had a couple of minor changes. do these two racquets play differently even though they have almost the same specs?
if they do, which one plays better at the baseline with more control and plays well at the net?

gaz
05-17-2008, 07:37 AM
I prefer the strom and used to play with the aero drive for 9 - 10months
it is stiffer and more stable but less aero dynamic if it is the weight you unsure about the aero storm is coming out at 300g as well as the 320g one

my advice as always is to try them out and decide that way

jazar
05-22-2008, 06:41 PM
i hate babolat rackets with a passion, but the aerostorm is actually a great racket and one i highly recommend. it is far superior to the aeropro drive

gaz
05-22-2008, 09:56 PM
why do you have such a thing against babolat rackets and thinks everyone has to follow your beliefs?

ThizServe
05-22-2008, 10:54 PM
why do you have such a thing against babolat rackets and thinks everyone has to follow your beliefs?

haha my friend is like that too. he HATES head racquets and gave me a lot of crap for having a head racquet.

i have to agree with jazar here though. i think the aerostorm is a better racquet

GlennMirnyi
05-23-2008, 02:46 AM
Babolat are crap rackets, that's why he hates it. Jazar knows what he's talking about.

ThizServe
05-23-2008, 03:30 AM
GlennMirnyi do you also think the aerostorm is a superior racquet to the aerodrive cortex?

jazar
05-23-2008, 08:38 AM

i have hated babolats since the first time i ever hit with one. they just cant make proper players rackets; they should've stuck to making string. i dont think that everyone has to follow my beliefs.

Babolat are crap rackets, that's why he hates it. Jazar knows what he's talking about.

that is very true. i know exactly what i'm talking about, as when i'm not at university my job is to sell rackets. and though i hate babolats, that doesnt mean i dont sell them to people.

and gaz, just so you know, i'm actually looking forward to the release of the babolat pure storm limited

GlennMirnyi
05-24-2008, 01:00 AM
GlennMirnyi do you also think the aerostorm is a superior racquet to the aerodrive cortex?

To be honest all the Babolats I've hit feel like a plank of wood in my hand. I've found the Storm not as bad as the Drive but I haven't had the opportunity to trial any rackets lately. I'm too much in love with my K-Factor k-six one 90. :p

ThizServe
05-24-2008, 10:20 PM
i have hated babolats since the first time i ever hit with one. they just cant make proper players rackets; they should've stuck to making string. i dont think that everyone has to follow my beliefs.

that is very true. i know exactly what i'm talking about, as when i'm not at university my job is to sell rackets. and though i hate babolats, that doesnt mean i dont sell them to people.

and gaz, just so you know, i'm actually looking forward to the release of the babolat pure storm limited

do you know when the babolat pure storm limited is coming out?

jazar
05-25-2008, 07:49 AM
do you know when the babolat pure storm limited is coming out?

i believe that it is already supposed to have come out in america, but due to distribution problems it actually hasnt. so, it should be coming out pretty soon

Gillespie
05-27-2008, 01:08 PM
They play completely different.

The Aero Storm (which will become the Aero Storm Tour in the next months) is a control-oriented racquet. This means that you will need to develop the power for it. The beam is very thin meaning that the racquet sacrifices power to add control. The Aero Storm is also 20 grams heavier and has 1 pt headlight more.

These raquets are not even remotely comparable.

If your arm can develop FAST racquet head speed, and I don't mean uncontrollably fast, I mean controlled fast speed, then the Aero Storm might be the baseliner you're looking for. Remember, it has virtually NO power by itself. You need to seriously swing the stick. If you're still working on improving your game and control, the Aero Pro Drive strikes me as a nice racquet. I have an Aero Storm Tour (320 grams) myself and prefer the Aero Pro Drive Non-Cortex at times.

gaz
06-04-2008, 12:04 AM
i believe that it is already supposed to have come out in america, but due to distribution problems it actually hasnt. so, it should be coming out pretty soon

i am pretty sure it is out in the uk now if you are interested let me know i will check through the uk distributors if you are

jazar
06-04-2008, 06:37 AM
i am pretty sure it is out in the uk now if you are interested let me know i will check through the uk distributors if you are

the uk distributor, or someone else responsible for distribution died, so the racket still wont be available for a while

gaz
06-04-2008, 10:36 PM
i am very aware of that but dinamica is still operating as usual as his wife is carrying on the business and they have carried on as usual like they have released the 300g aero storm

and have checked and they are available and on that note

RIP Tarun