is Duckboy the third William sister? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

is Duckboy the third William sister?

tennischick
07-05-2004, 11:13 AM
he seems to think that the solution to every challenge on court is always to generate more power and to hit even harder. :devil:

i am surprised that Brad the trickster has not taught him that this is not always the way to go.

makes me wonder is Brad an effective coach or simply an excellent scout? :wavey:

sem4
07-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Well I can see Federer having a few more victories over him at Wimbledon if Roddick continues just with all out power, he's definetely improved his backhand but needs to work on a lot more variety of shot and what federer does so well is mix up the pace of shot which would be of great advantage for Andy Roddick if he could introduce this into his game.

the cat
07-06-2004, 08:45 PM
TC, I think Brad Gilbert is both an excellent coach and an excellent scout. Roddick was playing well against Federer until the last rain delay and that hurt him. Federer has more talent than Roddick does and is a better grass court player than Roddick is. But Andy had Roger in trouble but didn't get the job done in their Wimbledon final.

And TC, LOL @ your third Williams sister quip. :p But the third Williams sister is said to be Maria Sharapova. :)

Skyward
07-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Roddick was playing well against Federer until the last rain delay and that hurt him.

I find it a bit ironic. Before the match I was pretty sure that rain delays were going to be in Andy's favor because of the coaching situation. I thought that Gilbert would fill him in with tactics and positive outlook.

Havok
07-06-2004, 09:10 PM
The rain delays would have helped Andy more had he been in the losing position, but on both accounts, he was winning so what can Brad tell him :shrug: the rain delays helped Roger relax more and he started to do things out there. And why did a whole bunch of posts get taken out of this thread :scared: I only see 4 posts but this thread had at least 30 or them beforehand

CarnivalCarnage
07-06-2004, 09:20 PM
The rain delays would have helped Andy more had he been in the losing position, but on both accounts, he was winning so what can Brad tell him :shrug: the rain delays helped Roger relax more and he started to do things out there. And why did a whole bunch of posts get taken out of this thread :scared: I only see 4 posts but this thread had at least 30 or them beforehand

UGH. Because TennisChick created two of the same thread but didn't have the courtesy to delete this one.

Skyward
07-06-2004, 09:22 PM
Yes, he was winning, but I looked at the statistics at that time and was very surprised to see- 87-89 points won in Andy's favor. Besides, second set was very weird by Andy's standards( lost serve 3 times).

Havok
07-06-2004, 09:22 PM
Oh, thanks CC;) I didn't even notice. TC needed her Duckboy fix, she needed a double dose;)

tennischick
07-06-2004, 10:37 PM
UGH. Because TennisChick created two of the same thread but didn't have the courtesy to delete this one.
i didn't actually. there was some glitch as i posted the thread and the next thing i saw were two threads. i tried deleting this one but that is not an option on this board. check for yourself.

CarnivalCarnage
07-07-2004, 03:21 AM
Weeell, I seem to be able to delete my posts. Is it different for threads?