Gael Monfils Wins Again: Is this Proof of French Worldwide Dominance??? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Gael Monfils Wins Again: Is this Proof of French Worldwide Dominance???

FrogBurger
07-05-2004, 08:00 AM
Well this kid has done it again. Now he just needs to win the US Open to have won all four Grand Slams. Is He gonna be a superstar Junior to become an average Pro or is he going to dominant on the Pro Tour too?

Marine
07-05-2004, 08:03 AM
Superstar junior that's all. Why ? He's french... :rolleyes:
(so many french players were good on junior tour and did nothing after)

CmonAussie
07-05-2004, 08:20 AM
@@ Andy Roddick was ITF World Champion in 2000 {won USO & AO Juniors}-->> his career is going well so far!
Also Stefan Edberg won the 'Junior SLAM'(AO, FO, Wimby, USO) in 1981 or 82...

Sometimes the Juniors do prove to be great players in the senior ranks & sometimes they don't~~ atleast Gael Monfils is proving he's a very good competitor & competant on different surfaces^^ so he's got as good a chance as anyone!

FrogBurger
08-08-2005, 08:06 AM
let me take you back to the year 2004, its February and a man named FrogBurger emerges from deep meditation to predict that Gael Monfils and other young Frenchmen will Rise!

delsa
08-08-2005, 09:17 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: at the title...

Choupi
08-08-2005, 09:23 AM
Superstar junior that's all. Why ? He's french... :rolleyes:
(so many french players were good on junior tour and did nothing after)
Though I know you're totally right with what you've written between brackets Marine, I have to say that Gaël is at the very beginning of his pro career. Give him time to prove those stats about French players wrong- or to prove them right! But don't go too fast. Don't sentence him before the trial has taken place. :)

Action Jackson
08-08-2005, 09:24 AM
Dreams are free.

Choupi
08-08-2005, 09:40 AM
You're right, dreams are free. But I think that a dream is more positive than a sentence based only on what others have done before.

disturb3d
08-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Well this kid has done it again. Now he just needs to win the US Open to have won all four Grand Slams. Is He gonna be a superstar Junior to become an average Pro or is he going to dominant on the Pro Tour too?He will be another Gustavo Kuerten at best.

silverwhite
08-08-2005, 10:14 AM
let me take you back to the year 2004, its February and a man named FrogBurger emerges from deep meditation to predict that Gael Monfils and other young Frenchmen will Rise!

As much as I like many of the French players, I have to give a :o to this post. I thought I was on WTAWorld for a moment. :o

Action Jackson
08-08-2005, 10:21 AM
As much as I like many of the French players, I have to give a :o to this post. I thought I was on WTAWorld for a moment. :o

Too many of those moments recently.

FrogBurger
08-08-2005, 10:22 AM
Yeah maybe, but i can tell you it takes a lot of time :rolleyes: , energy :eek: and patience :mad: to pick a rising star. :worship: Many people doubted Gael :angel: and Richard :cool: , but you know, ive been going to RG for years I know my stuff. I saw them when they were juniors :angel: saw them grow up :wavey: etc. When the Carvel Flurry came out, it wasnt like a red carpet reception, but i gave it time and now its a household name. I also predicted that one day, people would carry around "portable hand held phones" and that happened too. i was wrong about the Cabbage patch dolls but hey, that can happen to the best of us. :sad:

delsa
08-08-2005, 10:42 AM
Yeah maybe, but i can tell you it takes a lot of time :rolleyes: , energy :eek: and patience :mad: to pick a rising star. :worship: Many people doubted Gael :angel: and Richard :cool: , but you know, ive been going to RG for years I know my stuff. I saw them when they were juniors :angel: saw them grow up :wavey: etc. When the Carvel Flurry came out, it wasnt like a red carpet reception, but i gave it time and now its a household name. I also predicted that one day, people would carry around "portable hand held phones" and that happened too. i was wrong about the Cabbage patch dolls but hey, that can happen to the best of us. :sad:
Yeah so you're kind of a new Nostradamus? :rolleyes:

FrogBurger
08-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Yeah so you're kind of a new Nostradamus? :rolleyes:

Yes but Nostradamus didnt predict anything that actually CAME TRUE, it was mere speculation. Im giving you actual predictions from last year! :wavey:

Action Jackson
08-08-2005, 10:58 AM
There won't be French dominance worldwide in tennis any time soon.

Yoel and co.
08-08-2005, 11:27 AM
He will be another Gustavo Kuerten at best.

Nothing wrong with that

FrogBurger
08-08-2005, 12:10 PM

Not that there really is one country that does dominate :cool: I would be satisfied with 3 top 20 players ;) :angel:

David Kenzie
08-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Nothing wrong with that
Indeed, most ATP players would dream of a career like Guga's !

LoveFifteen
08-08-2005, 01:47 PM
French dominance? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Who's the last French player to win a Slam? (And sorry, I don't count Mary Pierce ...)

Mistaflava
08-08-2005, 01:56 PM
you shouldn't, Mary Pierce is Canadian!

delsa
08-08-2005, 02:51 PM
French dominance? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Who's the last French player to win a Slam? (And sorry, I don't count Mary Pierce ...)
Noah, the French's darling... ;)

Suzi
08-08-2005, 03:03 PM
ok wtf, ok its great he won his first title and all that but that does not mean France has worldwide dominance, Roddick just won a title does that mean the USA have dominance, me dont think so :rolleyes:

mangoes
08-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Congratulations to him. This is his first atp title? I believe so, so let's just say congratulations and leave it there. He is still young and improving.

ugotlobbed
08-08-2005, 04:25 PM
the french may be good...but hteyll never get to #1

Castafiore
08-08-2005, 04:29 PM
the french may be good...but hteyll never get to #1
:rolleyes:

Who knows?
These guys (Monfils, Gasquet) are still young and there's still room for improvement. Who knows what might happen.

*julie*
08-08-2005, 04:55 PM

I agree with that. But french tennis will get better with the young players coming...(at least I hope)

Just a little detail without much signification: 8 french players in the main draw in Montreal