Hamburg 2008 thread---SF loss to Nadal 5-7, 6-2, 2-6 in 3 hours 3 minutes [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Hamburg 2008 thread---SF loss to Nadal 5-7, 6-2, 2-6 in 3 hours 3 minutes

Pages : [1] 2

uglyamerican
05-11-2008, 06:34 PM
http://www.nofunleague.net/mccheese.jpg

This is the mayor, or Bürgermeister, of Hamburg.

He says, "Sorry about the tough draw, Novak."

uglyamerican
05-11-2008, 06:37 PM
bottom half of the draw:

[7] Blake v. BYE
Tipsarevic v. Andreas Beck [WC]
Montanes v. Fish
Acasuso v. Almagro [17]

[13] Robredo v. Kohlschreiber
[WC] Mischa Zverev v. Karlovic
Chela v. Sanchezde Luna [Q]
BYE v. [3] Djokovic

[9]Berdych v. BYE
Cilic v. [Q] Safin
[Q] Gianluca Naso v. [LL] Ollie Rochus
[Q] Benneteau v. [11] Moya

[15] Murray v. Tursunov
Malisse v. Simon
[Q] Horna v. Starace
BYE v. [2] Nadal

camnation
05-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Let's hope we don't see a second round exit, like he is wont to do after winning the week before. :scared:

uglyamerican
05-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Let's hope we don't see a second round exit, like he is wont to do after winning the week before. :scared:

It's not easy to do well the week after taking the trophy,

but I think those two easy matches in the Rome QF and SF should mean the Novak is not so tired.

Jelena_78
05-11-2008, 06:47 PM
I want Nole-Janko QF :p

Anyway if it doesn't happen here, I hope it will soon (in some way it's stupid to wish that, cause one of them would go out, but still, I can't wait to see them play eachother, in later stages of tournaments of course)

Good luck Nole, you Romeo! :clap2:

Sleepwalker64
05-11-2008, 07:13 PM
I actually cannot see how can he lose against Chela, but I can see it vs Robredo or Kohlschreiber.
Anyway...you're right...he shouldn't be too tired, but I'm sure that he won't risk too much

Lee
05-12-2008, 01:27 AM
Thanks Joe for the wonderful title. :lol:

gambit84
05-12-2008, 07:54 AM
yes...the title :lol:
btw Nole won Rome without playing his semifinal. He's not tired :rocker2:

*Ljubica*
05-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Yes title is great, and I :inlove: the Bürgermeister :)

Strangely it isn't wet and cold in Hamburg at the moment though - I guess it's because I'm not there this year, because whenever I go it rains constantly :rolleyes: My friends who are there tell me it is 26 C and players are shirtless - just my luck to be missing it :sad:

Anyway - good luck Nole - you can do it - believe in yourself and go get that Number 2 spot :)

Saumon
05-12-2008, 09:22 AM
I think rain will come later this week. We should have rain in France so I guess it will be the same in Germany.
It's not as sure as when I can predict RG rain delays when I'm at my parents place tho. Usually when it rains there, it rains 20min later at Porte d'Auteuil. :o

*Ljubica*
05-12-2008, 10:04 AM
I think rain will come later this week. We should have rain in France so I guess it will be the same in Germany.
It's not as sure as when I can predict RG rain delays when I'm at my parents place tho. Usually when it rains there, it rains 20min later at Porte d'Auteuil. :o

LOL - I can do exactly the same with Wimbledon. I am slightly west of Wimby, and weather fronts usually go from west to east here, so whatever rain I get, - they get it about 10-15 minutes later :lol: I think we're due to get rain here this week on Thursday, so probably looks set for a rainy Finals weekend in Hamburg :rolleyes:

jamjar
05-13-2008, 11:41 AM
:o I'm going for Chelita here, so please don't hurt me. :unsure:
I can't help it, I have to be loyal.

*Ljubica*
05-13-2008, 11:45 AM
:o I'm going for Chelita here, so please don't hurt me. :unsure:
I can't help it, I have to be loyal.

Chelita :help: :bolt:

No - seriously - of course we won't hurt you :lol: Everyone is entitled to their opinions :)

jamjar
05-13-2008, 11:56 AM
Chelita :help: :bolt:

No - seriously - of course we won't hurt you :lol: Everyone is entitled to their opinions :)

Why? What's wrong with him? :sad: Do you have something against him? :crying2:

Oh, yes, and thanks for agreeing not to hurt me. :)

*Ljubica*
05-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Why? What's wrong with him? :sad: Do you have something against him? :crying2:

Oh, yes, and thanks for agreeing not to hurt me. :)

:awww: Don't be upset :hug: No - I don't like him much to be honest :o But I don't have anything specifically against him - he just doesn't "do it" for me if you know what I mean - not his game, his appearance, or his personality :shrug: Each to their own though :) Life would be very boring if we all felt the same and liked the same people. How long have you been supporting him?

jamjar
05-13-2008, 12:19 PM
:awww: Don't be upset :hug: No - I don't like him much to be honest :o But I don't have anything specifically against him - he just doesn't "do it" for me if you know what I mean - not his game, his appearance, or his personality :shrug: Each to their own though :) Life would be very boring if we all felt the same and liked the same people. How long have you been supporting him?

Ahhh. Ok :tears: I understand.
I love his game and his personality. As for his appearance... eh:shrug:. He looks normal and that's good enough for me.
Uh.. I think I started liking him around the start of 2005. Somewhere around the time he spat at Hewitt. :rolls: I loved that match. I can't stand Lllllleyton. :tape:

jitterbug
05-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Somewhere around the time he spat at Hewitt. :rolls: I loved that match. I can't stand Lllllleyton. :tape:

Good enough a reason! :lol:

I don't mind Chela either way - though he does have a habit of knocking out my favourites :sobbing: Stan in the USO last year and Gulbis in Barcelona this year... :sad:

*Ljubica*
05-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Ahhh. Ok :tears: I understand.
I love his game and his personality. As for his appearance... eh:shrug:. He looks normal and that's good enough for me.
Uh.. I think I started liking him around the start of 2005. Somewhere around the time he spat at Hewitt. :rolls: I loved that match. I can't stand Lllllleyton. :tape:

:lol: I must admit I quite enjoyed it when he spat at Hewitt :lol: I don't so much like Lleyton either :) Thinking about it, I think what may have put me off Chela a bit, was a match I watched when he played del Potro in Stuttgart - del Potro was 17 then, and it was pretty much his first professional match. I guess Chelita was a bit :ras: at losing to a much younger countryman, but he complained a lot, and didn't behave very well in the match, and I kind of thought it was a bit bad against someone who was really only a kid :shrug:

Having said that, I am Dmitry Tursunov's Number 1 fangirl :o and we all know how badly he can behave on court sometimes and I always find ways to forgive and excuse him, - so I realise that view is entirely arbitrary and very unfair :o At least I admit it :o

jamjar
05-13-2008, 12:39 PM
I don't mind Chela either way
:) Yay! That's good enough. He only has like, 5 fans on MTF. :(

:lol: I must admit I quite enjoyed it when he spat at Hewitt :lol: I don't so much like Lleyton either :) Thinking about it, I think what may have put me off Chela a bit, was a match I watched when he played del Potro in Stuttgart - del Potro was 17 then, and it was pretty much his first professional match. I guess Chelita was a bit :ras: at losing to a much younger countryman, but he complained a lot, and didn't behave very well in the match, and I kind of thought it was a bit bad against someone who was really only a kid :shrug:

Having said that, I am Dmitry Tursunov's Number 1 fangirl :o and we all know how badly he can behave on court sometimes and I always find ways to forgive and excuse him, - so I realise that view is entirely arbitrary and very unfair :o At least I admit it :o

Yeah, I admit, he (Chela) can be a bit :crazy: on court sometimes, but he's completely different off the court (well, from what I've seen from TenisPro and seeing him after a match with his fans.. obviously I don't actually know him). He seems quite shy and I like his sense of humour, too :D and he's nice to his fans.
I like Dima. Yeah, he's completely different when he's playing tennis. I guess it's easy being quick to judge someone. Then again, I would probably wouldn't like Chela as much if he didn't have so few fans. :hug: So, I kinda like it this way. :)

I think I've sort of hijacked this thread :rolleyes:. Sorry everyone.

jitterbug
05-13-2008, 12:41 PM
I think I've sort of hijacked this thread :rolleyes:. Sorry everyone.

Threads in Noleland are meant to be hijacked ;)

*Ljubica*
05-13-2008, 12:50 PM

Absolutely :) And don't apologise Jelena - I've enjoyed talking to you about Mr. Chela - it's nice to get to know a little bit more about people apart from the fact that we're obviously all here because we like Nole :)

jamjar
05-13-2008, 01:03 PM

Absolutely :) And don't apologise Jelena - I've enjoyed talking to you about Mr. Chela - it's nice to get to know a little bit more about people apart from the fact that we're obviously all here because we like Nole :)

Thanks, you guys are awesome. ;)

aeronatasha
05-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Chelita, haha.. Love the nickname.:)

I remember that match in Vienna Novak nearly lost against him. Nearly had a heart attack there.:p

But he really is an ON/OFF guy, isn't he?

*Ljubica*
05-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Chelita, haha.. Love the nickname.:)

I remember that match in Vienna Novak nearly lost against him. Nearly had a heart attack there.:p

But he really is an ON/OFF guy, isn't he?

Well, I think he used to be one of the more consistent Argentines, - but this year he has not been at a good level at all :shrug: No idea why that is, as I don't really follow his results closely, - but I know he has lost a lot of matches that he was expected to win this year, and has slipped down the rankings a bit. I watched some of his match against Robredo in Rome last week, and he was truly awful - but obviously he is experienced on the big stage, so I hope Nole doesn't underestimate him.

Jelena_78
05-13-2008, 08:06 PM
OOP for tomorrow:

Center Court starting at 11:00 CEST

Tomas BERDYCH (CZE) vs. Marat SAFIN (RUS)
followed by
Stanislas WAWRINKA (SUI) vs. Nicolas KIEFER (GER)
followed by
Roger FEDERER (SUI) vs. Jarkko NIEMINEN (FIN)
followed by
Potito STARACE (ITA) vs. Rafael NADAL (ESP)
followed by
Juan Ignacio CHELA (ARG) vs. Novak DJOKOVIC (SRB)
followed by
Goran IVANISEVIC (CRO) vs. Anders JARRYD (SWE)

Lee
05-13-2008, 08:09 PM
I hope his match will finish before it's too dark :unsure:

*Ljubica*
05-13-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm supposed to be going out at 6.30pm tomorrow night :awww: Think I may need to cancel, or at least change the time! Ajde Nole :hug:

Lee
05-13-2008, 08:16 PM
You're such great fan, Rosie! :yeah:

It's good time for me. Early in the morning with my boy already goes to school. ;)

*Ljubica*
05-13-2008, 08:22 PM
You're such great fan, Rosie! :yeah:

It's good time for me. Early in the morning with my boy already goes to school. ;)

I try my best :angel: And besides - Nole is more interesting and attractive than the monthly Neighbourhood Watch residents' meeting :)

Herdwick
05-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Not sure where to put this - feel free to move it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3392129&name=bodo_peter

Am aware this writer has a certain reputation but would be interested to hear the thoughts of people here on this.

*Ljubica*
05-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Not sure where to put this - feel free to move it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3392129&name=bodo_peter

Am aware this writer has a certain reputation but would be interested to hear the thoughts of people here on this.

Hmmmm - not sure to be honest. Bodo seems to be painting Nole as some scheming, Machiavellian type character who is pulling all the strings, but he seems to like that, which I find somewhat surprising. I think it's an interesting take on the whole situation, and I enjoyed reading the comments from the posters who left replies to the article......... sure some of them post on GM :o Thanks for posting anyway.

arm
05-13-2008, 09:04 PM
I have a bad feeling about this.. Let's just hope I'm wrong.

Lee
05-14-2008, 04:26 PM

:sobbing: I forgot I have Spanish class today. :banghead:

I have a bad feeling about this.. Let's just hope I'm wrong.

And Prabu (bad gambler) put lots of vcash on his opponent :tape:

*Ljubica*
05-14-2008, 04:32 PM
:sobbing: I forgot I have Spanish class today. :banghead:

And Prabu (bad gambler) put lots of vcash on his opponent :tape:

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? About Prabu I mean! Does this all bode badly for Nole :unsure:

Lee
05-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? About Prabu I mean! Does this all bode badly for Nole :unsure:

He has about 3.5 million vcash right now. A few days ago, he had over 1 million. :tape:

*Ljubica*
05-14-2008, 04:50 PM
He has about 3.5 million vcash right now. A few days ago, he had over 1 million. :tape:

About time he lost some then isn't it? :p :lol: It's time! Sorry Prabu :hug:

Lee
05-14-2008, 04:56 PM
About time he lost some then isn't it? :p :lol: It's time! Sorry Prabu :hug:

Yes, it's about time. He still has over 3.4 million even Nole win so no big deal for him. :lol:

Lee
05-14-2008, 04:57 PM
I have the perfect excuse not going to my Spanish class. :o My seasonal allergy is very very bad today. Even taking my usual medication is not helping and I can hardly keep my eyes open and focus. It's not safe to drive around in this condition :angel:

*Ljubica*
05-14-2008, 05:07 PM
I have the perfect excuse not going to my Spanish class. :o My seasonal allergy is very very bad today. Even taking my usual medication is not helping and I can hardly keep my eyes open and focus. It's not safe to drive around in this condition :angel:

:awww: Sorry about the allergy - that must be horrible :hug: Wish I could find an excuse for the meeting tonight - but it is in my neighbour's house, - so they will know I'm lying if I say I'm ill, and then they hear me screaming at the TV through the open windows :o And if I say I have to go out, they will still see the car in the drive and not believe me either :o

Herdwick
05-14-2008, 07:26 PM
No one around? He's looking murderous tonight, toying with poor Chela.

Lee
05-14-2008, 07:52 PM
I watched the match staying away from my computer. :lol:

Lee
05-14-2008, 07:53 PM
And I hope Nole get this message: You can play with those horrendous drop shots vs Chela, who moves like an elephant, but you will be a sitting duck vs players like Murray, Nadal, Federer, etc. :tape:

neenah
6-1 6-3

Looked easy, judging by the scoreline :)

aeronatasha
That was 34 winners and 4 aces, if I recall correctly.:)

Had a minor blip in the 1st set, when he got broken, but he broke right back.
Fh was working.
Net play - excellent, I remeber it being 9/10 points at one time.

Keep it up!

Next up - Ivo.

uglyamerican
05-14-2008, 07:54 PM
No one around? He's looking murderous tonight, toying with poor Chela.

That's good to hear.

I can't remeber anything from the previous match vs. Karlovic. I don't think they keep stats anywhere for qualifying matches.

Herdwick
05-14-2008, 07:56 PM
And I hope Nole get this message: You can play with those horrendous drop shots vs Chela, who moves like an elephant, but you will be a sitting duck vs players like Murray, Nadal, Federer, etc. :tape:

Have now learned to grit my teeth at the DSOD - he does seem wedded to it though. It comes off about 20% of the time...

Okonsky
05-14-2008, 07:59 PM
Will be tricky one with Karlovic.

Lee
05-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Have now learned to grit my teeth at the DSOD - he does seem wedded to it though. It comes off about 20% of the time...

Let's keep our fingers crossed that he finally masters the fine skill of drop shotting before we pulled all our hair out. :sobbing:

Lee
05-14-2008, 08:02 PM
I may be over worried but it seems his left hamstring was bothering him during the match. I don't think he moved as good as he can. :(

Herdwick
05-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Will be tricky one with Karlovic.

Never played Ivo it seems - hmm. Very slow court though.

*Ljubica*
05-14-2008, 08:12 PM
I was a bad girl :o I didn't go to the residents' meeting - I stayed home and watched Nole instead :o I thought he played really well - and I am truly satisfied with the result! Good luck against Dr. Ivo tomorrow :hug:

Lee
05-14-2008, 08:14 PM
He will be 3rd on the main court tomorrow. Fortunate that the match only last about an hour. Hopefully he has enough rest for tomorrow. :(

Herdwick
05-14-2008, 08:16 PM
I was a bad girl :o I didn't go to the residents' meeting - I stayed home and watched Nole instead :o I thought he played really well - and I am truly satisfied with the result! Good luck against Dr. Ivo tomorrow :hug:

You're getting as bad as me :devil:- have decided my elderly diabetic cat needs another visit to the vet tomorrow pm.

Lee
05-14-2008, 08:17 PM
So one skip class, one skip meeting and another skip vet appointment. :lol:

Herdwick
05-14-2008, 08:19 PM
I may be over worried but it seems his left hamstring was bothering him during the match. I don't think he moved as good as he can. :(

Oh dear - do hope not. Didn't spot anything - they i'vd him on Sky here after the match on court and he said he felt absolutely fine.

Herdwick
05-14-2008, 08:21 PM
So one skip class, one skip meeting and another skip vet appointment. :lol:

Oh vet is real enough, as is the diabetes, but ashamed to say appointment is not until 6pm. Work don't need to know that though...so I shall have to leave at lunchtime and WAH.:devil:

*Ljubica*
05-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Oh vet is real enough, as is the diabetes, but ashamed to say appointment is not until 6pm. Work don't need to know to know that though...so I shall have to leave at lunchtime and WAH.:devil:

:awww: Well I hope your cat is OK............ but - don't worry - I have occasionally used Vets' appointments for getting out of work early :o I also once had a washing machine engineer turning up to fix my flooded kitchen when Nole just happened to be playing :o

Herdwick
05-14-2008, 08:29 PM
:awww: Well I hope your cat is OK............ but - don't worry - I have occasionally used Vets' appointments for getting out of work early :o I also once had a washing machine engineer turning up to fix my flooded kitchen when Nole just happened to be playing :o

Thanks :)- cat is routine - they're just monitoring his BS levels.

Life is short; we have to get our priorities right!

but-it's-ok
05-14-2008, 08:30 PM

Nice one Rose;)

I have been too busy today:sad: I havent seen any tennis at all today, but Nole did the business judging by the scoreline:worship: It'll be tricky against Karlovic, good luck Nole:hug:

Lee
05-14-2008, 08:31 PM

How old is your cat?

*Ljubica*
05-14-2008, 08:31 PM

:worship: Absolutely - couldn't have put it better myself :) How old is the cat?

*Ljubica*
05-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Nice one Rose;)

I have been too busy today:sad: I havent seen any tennis at all today, but Nole did the business judging by the scoreline:worship: It'll be tricky against Karlovic, good luck Nole:hug:

Yes - Nole did what he had to do, - and did it well :) I know Karlovic is a tricky player, but I do feel quietly confident about tomorrow's match - hope they're not famous last words :tape: Karlovic has a great serve, but no return game, and pretty much no tennis brain at all in my opinion :o Whereas Nole is a deep thinker on a court, and a good tactician. So I think if Nole can just accept that a number of aces will fly past him, and not get frustrated about them, I feel he is clever enough to tear Ivo's game apart. Apologies in advance if I'm wrong here :o

Herdwick
05-14-2008, 08:36 PM
:worship: Absolutely - couldn't have put it better myself :) How old is the cat?

Not sure TBH - we inherited him from my mother, who got him from the Cats Protection League in 1994. He was fully grown then so at least 15.

*Ljubica*
05-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Not sure TBH - we inherited him from my mother, who got him from the Cats Protection League in 1994. He was fully grown then so at least 15.

:awww: Bless :hug: My Sasha (my oldest cat) is 13 now. He has arthritis in his back legs, and he doesn't really do anything but eat and sleep (perhaps like me :angel: ) - but, touch wood, he's still doing OK!

Here is the complete OOP btw. Today's 3rd match started at about 2.30pm here today - and that's what I am hoping for tomorrow :) I intend to "work from home" tomorow afternoon you see ;)

Centre court 11.00 am

Fernando Verdasco vs David Ferrer
followed by
Roger Federer vs Robin Soderling
followed by
Ivo Karlovic vs Novak Djokovic (Possible court change)
followed by
Nikolay Davydenko vs Nicolas Kiefer
followed by
Andy Murray vs Rafael Nadal
followed by
Marc-Kevin Goellner vs Goran Ivanisevic

Herdwick
05-14-2008, 08:52 PM
:awww: Bless :hug: My Sasha (my oldest cat) is 13 now. He has arthritis in his back legs, and he doesn't really do anything but eat and sleep (perhaps like me :angel: ) - but, touch wood, he's still doing OK!

Here is the complete OOP btw. Today's 3rd match started at about 2.30pm here today - and that's what I am hoping for tomorrow :) I intend to "work from home" tomorow afternoon you see ;)

Centre court 11.00 am

Fernando Verdasco vs David Ferrer
followed by
Roger Federer vs Robin Soderling
followed by
Ivo Karlovic vs Novak Djokovic (Possible court change)
followed by
Nikolay Davydenko vs Nicolas Kiefer
followed by
Andy Murray vs Rafael Nadal
followed by
Marc-Kevin Goellner vs Goran Ivanisevic

:awww: - arthritis - bless - just so long as they enjoy life though. Do love cats. Our other one died in February - she was his mother and even older.

What do they mean possible court change!!!

And I was outraged tonight that so many people left after the Nadal match - some of us would have appreciated their good fortune at being there with today's OOP. Grrr..

*Ljubica*
05-14-2008, 08:58 PM
:awww: - arthritis - bless - just so long as they enjoy life though. Do love cats. Our other one died in February - she was his mother and even older.

What do they mean possible court change!!!

And I was outraged tonight that so many people left after the Nadal match - some of us would have appreciated their good fortune at being there with today's OOP. Grrr..

So do I - got 6 of the little b******s :devil: My oldest one wa 18 when she died - I cried for weeks :sad: And don't worry about Sasha - his arthritis is pretty much controlled by medication, and he's very happy within himself - I would ever, ever let him suffer, even though I know it would break my heart to lose him.

And I'm not sure about the "possible court change" thing either :shrug: They have the same wording next to Safin/Moya on the other court........ I can only assume that if the first 2 matches on Centre Court go on for a long time, they may consider moving Nole to Court 1 as there are fewer scheduled matches there :shrug: Don't know for sure though.

I was a bit irritated with the crowd too - but I guess a lot of them had been there since 10.00am this morning, and might have public transport to catch - or other commitments for the evening :shrug:

Sleepwalker64
05-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Easy one...as I thought, it's impossible to lose vs. Chella...
Karlovic will be a tougher cookie...but if we are talking about tanking....I think he will tank against Tipsy in QF. I think he is defending QF from last year?

Jelena_78
05-14-2008, 09:47 PM
And I'm not sure about the "possible court change" thing either :shrug: They have the same wording next to Safin/Moya on the other court........ I can only assume that if the first 2 matches on Centre Court go on for a long time, they may consider moving Nole to Court 1 as there are fewer scheduled matches there :shrug: Don't know for sure though.

...cause they don't wanna risk that the dark catches 'the match of the day' Nadal-Murray :o

Novak was GOOD today! :rocker2: Good luck tomorrow.

I want the dream QF, I hope both guys will make it

aeronatasha
05-14-2008, 10:22 PM
I like his black look a lot. He should wear it more often.

For all you cat lovers..;)

Herdwick
05-14-2008, 10:57 PM

Awww - cats rule here!

In black - oh wow yes - so agree. Mmmmmm...

*Ljubica*
05-15-2008, 08:00 AM

:awww: Thanks :hug: As Herdwick says "cats rule" :lol:

And as for the black - I love it too - it is just so sexy! Shame he is too young for me :o

but-it's-ok
05-15-2008, 11:09 AM

Oooh thanks:hug: I'm a cat lover too:) I don't have one of my own right now but where I live there are so many, and they are all adorable.

And Nole looks great in black, pretty much great all the time;)

aeronatasha
05-15-2008, 12:37 PM
You're welcome gang :smooch:

I'm kinda both a cat and a dog person. I just love animals.

(Oh and just for the record, I like Novak, but he's just not my type. True, he's very cute and lovable, but also too young and.. I don't know. I'd like to be his friend, but I wouldn't try to exploit him.:lol:But I do think black suits him very well. I just have a thing for more mature guys. So maybe when he's older :o.. Still, your drooling over him amuses me infinitely. Please continue.;))

*Ljubica*
05-15-2008, 12:43 PM
You're welcome gang :smooch:

I'm kinda both a cat and a dog person. I just love animals.

(Oh and just for the record, I like Novak, but he's just not my type. True, he's very cute and lovable, but also too young and.. I don't know. I'd like to be his friend, but I wouldn't try to exploit him.:lol:But I do think black suits him very well. I just have a thing for more mature guys. So maybe when he's older :o.. Still, your drooling over him amuses me infinitely. Please continue.;))

:lol: Well he's too young for me too - but there's no harm in dreaming is there? :) And sadly, by the time he's older I will be too old anyway :lol: Oh - and I love dogs too - it's just that I'm out at work all day, so I can't really have a dog, because there's no one at home to exercise him :awww: Maybe when I marry a millionaire and can give up work, I will have one :)

aeronatasha
05-15-2008, 01:01 PM
No harm in dreaming at all.;)

It's just that I met Novak a long time ago, and he's always been this cute kid to me, even though he's only 4 years younger than me. But then again, the youngest boy I ever dated was my own age, so..

Oh and I don't keep animals in my apartment because it's too small.:sad: But I'd probably have a whole zoo if I were a millionaire.:lol: I love horses (and am a pretty solid rider for someone who doesn't have a horse)..

*Ljubica*
05-15-2008, 01:07 PM
No harm in dreaming at all.;)

It's just that I met Novak a long time ago, and he's always been this cute kid to me, even though he's only 4 years younger than me. But then again, the youngest boy I ever dated was my own age, so..

Oh and I don't keep animals in my apartment because it's too small.:sad: But I'd probably have a whole zoo if I were a millionaire.:lol: I love horses (and am a pretty solid rider for someone who doesn't have a horse)..

Well I met Novak a few times when he was first starting playing, and he was always very cute then :) Having said that, to be honest, I have always dated guys older than me (or exactly the same age), - in fact my current boyfriend is actually 4 months younger which is the first time I've ever gone out with anyone younger - so maybe the "toyboy" thing is only in my fantasy and not my reality :)

I used to ride when I was at School because we had riding lessons through School, but I haven't done it for years. Sadly living in London, there isn't that much open space or opportunity to ride :sad:

kalisita
05-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Good luck to Novak today. I hope Karlovic has an off day on his serve. I can't believe he hit like 20 aces on clay yesterday! I know Nole can win though.

Regarding the possible court change put on the original order of play: I actually though that was in case Chela won. They were probably planning to switch Safin-Moya with Chela-Karlovic in order to have the bigger names on center court. That's why once Nole won it was revised without the possible court change on the schedule.

*Ljubica*
05-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Good luck to Novak today. I hope Karlovic has an off day on his serve. I can't believe he hit like 20 aces on clay yesterday! I know Nole can win though.

Regarding the possible court change put on the original order of play: I actually though that was in case Chela won. They were probably planning to switch Safin-Moya with Chela-Karlovic in order to have the bigger names on center court. That's why once Nole won it was revised without the possible court change on the schedule.

Hi - and yes, thinking about it, I think you are probably right there. Nole's match with Chela went on quite late last night, so they probably had to draw up the OOP before they had a result.

aeronatasha
05-15-2008, 01:15 PM
I have always dated guys older than me (or exactly the same age), - in fact my current boyfriend is actually 4 months younger which is the first time I've ever gone out with anyone younger.

That's literally the case with me too!:eek:

And we both use to ride. And we both love all kinds of animals.

This could be a start of a beautiful friendship.:o

Oh and ON TOPIC, OOP was drawn before Novak's match finished yesterday. Our commentator told us so at the start of the 2nd set.

I hope Ivo can be subdued.

*Ljubica*
05-15-2008, 01:18 PM
That's literally the case with me too!:eek:

And we both use to ride. And we both love all kinds of animals.

This could be a start of a beautiful friendship.:o

Oh and ON TOPIC, OOP was drawn before Novak's match finished yesterday. Our commentator told us so at the start of the 2nd set.

I hope Ivo can be subdued.

Sounds good to me - hope it works out :)

Anyway - I have to go now - I am still at work, and I'm meant to be leaving early to go home and watch Nole. Roger is just rushing through his match too quickly - slow down Roger please or I'll miss the start of the match I want to watch :lol:

Nice talking to you :hug: Later :wavey:

Herdwick
05-15-2008, 01:51 PM
:wavey:

Back just in time to catch the end of Roger's match. Everyone feeling confident?:confused:

aeronatasha
05-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Don't worry. Novak should bag this.

Nice talking to you too Cat Lady. Hope you'll get home just in time to see Novak taking charge.:)

savesthedizzle
05-15-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm feeling a little confident, hopefully this doesn't go wrong :p

jitterbug
05-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Toyboys :D he breaks!

Herdwick
05-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Break in 3rd game. Feeling nervous is all part of the fun....

Herdwick
05-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Aaargh - bloody awful game! Stomach starting to churn...

Herdwick
05-15-2008, 02:44 PM
What's the hell's the matter with him - he's suddenly gone right off?

amdany
05-15-2008, 03:47 PM
yay Nole:worship:

uglyamerican
05-15-2008, 03:52 PM
I'm feeling a little confident, hopefully this doesn't go wrong :p

I wasn't feeling very confident, and am pleased with this result.

Jelena_78
05-15-2008, 03:53 PM
7:6(3) 6:3 :rocker2:

From 1-3 in TB to 7-3 :dance:

Good luck in QF!

aeronatasha
05-15-2008, 03:57 PM
:dance: Knew he'd pull through. It's always so tough facing Ivo. My god, Novak looked like a small child when they greeted at the net.

Good luck, keep it up!

All guns blazing tomorrow! :armed: Avenge Janko!

Herdwick
05-15-2008, 04:11 PM
:dance: Signs of life - yay

Good win in the end but got very frustrated in the first set after he'd been broken back. Made some incredible service returns in the 2nd set - wow. Such a shame it's not Janko tomorrow.

savesthedizzle
05-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I'm a bit bummed it's not Janko, but I'm glad Novak got through. He had me worried a bit in the first set.

Now I have about 5 more minutes of :drool:-ing over Kiefer before I have to go to work :lol: :wavey:

but-it's-ok
05-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Well done Nole!! A good performance to overcome the giant obstacle that is Karlovic in straights. Good luck tomorrow:)

Alex999
05-15-2008, 04:38 PM
It's nice and peaceful here. I had to run away from GM. I'm getting sick and tired of same guys behaving like 13 yo there. Great job Novak.

Herdwick
05-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Bit too peaceful here today to be honest - the conscientious souls are still at work.

*Ljubica*
05-15-2008, 04:53 PM
:wavey: Don't worry - I'm not at work :) I got home at 3-3 first set, - so I get the impression I missed some of the worst moments :unsure: Maybe he was waiting for me to get home to up his level :lol: Afraid to say I then fell asleep on the sofa for half an hour :o which is why I am only just here!

All in all I am satisfied with this result - I thought Nole seemed very tense and nervous, and also that Ivo was playing better than I expected - he seems to have polished up his game somewhat, and isn't quite so much "all serve" as he used to be.

Alex :hug: Don't worry about the fools on GM - I haven't even been over there yet, - but I'm still tired, - and when I'm tired I get a little snappy :devil: So I could always go over there and tell the whole lot of them to STFU and grow up if you want :angel: I've done it before - and I can do it again!!

Jess :wavey: I'm bummed it's not Janko too - thugh I think Montanes should be an easier match for Nole. Kiefer :unsure: He scares me :lol:

Alex999
05-15-2008, 05:02 PM
:wavey: Don't worry - I'm not at work :) I got home at 3-3 first set, - so I get the impression I missed some of the worst moments :unsure: Maybe he was waiting for me to get home to up his level :lol: Afraid to say I then fell asleep on the sofa for half an hour :o which is why I am only just here!

All in all I am satisfied with this result - I thought Nole seemed very tense and nervous, and also that Ivo was playing better than I expected - he seems to have polished up his game somewhat, and isn't quite so much "all serve" as he used to be.

Alex :hug: Don't worry about the fools on GM - I haven't even been over there yet, - but I'm still tired, - and when I'm tired I get a little snappy :devil: So I could always go over there and tell the whole lot of them to STFU and grow up if you want :angel: I've done it before - and I can do it again!!

Jess :wavey: I'm bummed it's not Janko too - thugh I think Montanes should be an easier match for Nole. Kiefer :unsure: He scares me :lol:

There is a little something waiting for you in the Novak Pic thread :hug:.

*Ljubica*
05-15-2008, 05:31 PM
There is a little something waiting for you in the Novak Pic thread :hug:.

:awww: Thanks Alex :hug: The cat reminds me a little of my Frodo - the black and white one in my avatar :)

Lee
05-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Yeah, I'm a bit bummed it's not Janko, but I'm glad Novak got through. He had me worried a bit in the first set.

Now I have about 5 more minutes of :drool:-ing over Kiefer before I have to go to work :lol: :wavey:

You will be very happy about the result of Kiefer. :bounce:

I am a bit bummed about Janko too. :( There's no fire today.

Lee
05-15-2008, 06:30 PM
Back on topic. Nole is the smartest player out there. It took him sometimes to figure out how to play Karlovic and read his serve. Not many players can do that and in one set. :yeah:

Montane is obviously on fire in this tournament but if Nole play at least 80%, he should win the match.

Herdwick
05-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Back on topic. Nole is the smartest player out there. It took him sometimes to figure out how to play Karlovic and read his serve. Not many players can do that and in one set. :yeah:

Montane is obviously on fire in this tournament but if Nole play at least 80%, he should win the match.

Spot on - and think it's one of the reasons I enjoy Nole's play so much. You can watch him and see how he works things out.

Lee
05-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Spot on - and think it's one of the reasons I enjoy Nole's play so much. You can watch him and see how he works things out.

Yes, it's very enjoyable watching that brain work things out right in the middle of battle. Especially in this kind of matches where there's no rhythm at all. :lol:

aeronatasha
05-16-2008, 12:51 AM
Here's the interview if you peeps haven't read it yet by any chance..:)

Hamburg, 15 May 200

Press Conference with NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Djokovic - Karlovic 7:6 (3), 6:3

Q: That was always going to be a difficult match, wasn't it?

DJOKOVIC: Yes, it's not easy to play against Karlovic. We all know that he has one of the most difficult serves to return on any surface. Obviously, before the match I was thinking I'm playing him on the slowest surface, so this could be my chance for returning the serves and trying to use the opportunities that I have been given. But obviously I was wrong because he is serving, even on clay, really well. And there were a lot of strange bounce. I knew that I had to be focussed throughout all the match. In that first set, I should not have lost my serve but then I became a bit nervous and it resulted in an almost first set loss. And it can go either way. I was 3:1 down in the tiebreak but I managed to hold my nerves in the important moments.

Q: Given the run you had, when you finally get to these big moments, do you have the confidence all the time?

DJOKOVIC: Of course, it is normal if you start to win more matches and if you win the major events you gain confidence. This is what I'm going through in this moment and I'm trying to use it as much as I can. I'm the third player of the world and in most matches I go in as the favourite. On the other hand it is not easy to play, there's a lot of pressure, expectations that you have to win basically every match. But with the confidence that I have and the great momentum, I just hope that I can keep on going.

Q: How is your body standing up?

DJOKOVIC: Good. Great. I didn't know what to expect after Rome but I felt great. Even after the final I wasn't tired as much as I maybe was after Monte Carlo. Obviously, the clay court season so far is going great for me and the way I wanted. I had only one loss on this surface. So, I will try to use the opportunity, that I have been given to play better and better match after match.

Q: Are you better now pacing yourself or conserving your energy through tournaments?

DJOKOVIC: Yes, I gained a lot of things since last year. I am a more experienced player. In the first, second round matches, I'm always a favourite but I try to rationally spend my energy. Not to lose a lot of energy mentally and physically. I'm trying to save myself and obviously it's going well.

Q: Can you explain how it works that you have more confidence? How do you feel differently in your mind?

DJOKOVIC: It's never easy to face a break point and to play a tiebreak against the player with such a big serve. So, I certainly have a lot of pressure. Maybe some people don't see it, maybe some do but I certainly feel it. Now, the question is if you are able to cope with it or not. So, I think I'm doing a pretty good job.

Q: You came up with two very good returns at the end of the tiebreak. Did you really focus on that now I really have to return really well?

DJOKOVIC: Tiebreak is a game whoever comes first to seven points. As I said, probably Karlovic is one of the most difficult players to play against in tie breaks because he can rely on his serve. He serves a lot of winners and aces. Then you have to try to keep your serve and wait for opportunities. That's what I did. I tried every single return to return well during the tiebreak. Then, in certain points I had luck in that two points that I read his intention, the side where he's going to serve and I returned well.

Q: Montanes was superior today in his game against Tipsarevic. What are you expecting tomorrow?

DJOKOVIC: Honestly saying, I don't know much about Montanes. So, it's going to be a challenge for me. Obviously, as a player, who comes to the quarter finals of this strong event, he has quality. It surprised me a little bit the result I saw today and I expected Tipsarevic to win. Obviously, he has some quality and he has nothing to lose tomorrow against me. So, I'll try to be myself, be aggressive like I usually am and get a win.

Q: Will you get some information from Tipsarevic or the other players?

DJOKOVIC: No, the coach is going to get some information, probably some videos. So, we'll see.

Q: Would you like to play Janko?

DJOKOVIC: Maybe yes (laughs). We never played against each other. So, I think it would be very interesting for Serbian fans to see that.

Q: How long do you think it will take for you to become the No. 1?

DJOKOVIC: That's a good question. How old are you?

Q: 12.

DJOKOVIC: Are you playing tennis?

Q: Yes.

DJOKOVIC: Are you a future champion?

DJOKOVIC: Do you believe you will become the No. 1 player of the world?

DJOKOVIC: That's good. You see, I don't (laughs). No. In this moment, I have been going through a great period of time in my career. So, still No. 1 is still far away pointswise but I will try to go slowly and hopefully I can make it.

savesthedizzle
05-16-2008, 02:37 AM

Oh Kiefer scares the living daylights out of me, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't :aplot: :rolls: I once had a dream about him that was 100% in German. I was speaking German vocabulary that I don't even know :rolls:

You will be very happy about the result of Kiefer. :bounce:

I am a bit bummed about Janko too. :( There's no fire today.

I am! Kiwi! :rocker2:

Here's the interview if you peeps haven't read it yet by any chance..:)

The end is cute, there must have been a kid :dance:

*Ljubica*
05-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Oh Kiefer scares the living daylights out of me, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't :aplot: :rolls: I once had a dream about him that was 100% in German. I was speaking German vocabulary that I don't even know :rolls:

I am! Kiwi! :rocker2:

The end is cute, there must have been a kid :dance:

:rolls: That really, REALLY made me laugh! I've had a few dreams like that too :lol: Not in German though :lol: Thing is - do you rememer the German words? Never know when they might come in useful :aplot:

Back on topic - aeronatasha - thanks for the Press Conference :)

savesthedizzle
05-16-2008, 01:37 PM
It's time for the match.

I'm feeling... cautious yet confident heading in.

camnation
05-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Oh no, broken in the first game! :crying2:

EDIT: All right, an exchange of serve...

jitterbug
05-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Never in doubt :p 1-all.

camnation
05-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Is anyone watching this live? How are Nole and Montanes playing so far? (I know it's a bit early but I'm anxious haha.)

Herdwick
05-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Not over impressive so far, I'm afraid...too many UEs and much rueful nodding of head. Montanes holding his own.

Herdwick
05-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Yeay - much better game - has now broken M.

camnation
05-16-2008, 02:19 PM
:woohoo::woohoo:

Herdwick
05-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Has gone up a gear - now 5-2. Will still need to do better than this tomorrow if he's to have a hope against Rafa though.

Herdwick
05-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Starting to read M nicely now in last 2 games - 6-2.

camnation
05-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Hm... the livescoring went backwards, I swear. Weird. It went from 1-0 15-all to 0-0 deuce.

Herdwick
05-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Slight dispute over timing of checking of mark. Little bout of start-of-2nd-set-itis but held.

camnation
05-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Nole wins 6-2 6-3! :wavey:

savesthedizzle
05-16-2008, 03:13 PM
That match was :yawn: because Novak didn't really need to show his best stuff so he didn't. I feel like he just saw that match as a substitute for a practice session. My commentators said a few times that it seemed like Novak didn't really respect Montanes as an opponent because of all the showboating he was doing for the crowd.

Expected victory :)

jitterbug
05-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Is it the semis already? Gosh Hamburg is so dull this year I didn't even notice it passing by...

savesthedizzle
05-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Is it the semis already? Gosh Hamburg is so dull this year I didn't even notice it passing by...

I'm about to get all :hearts: over Kiefer again :p Kiefer is the highlight of Hamburg for me :) :dance:

amdany
05-16-2008, 03:17 PM
:yippee::yeah:

uglyamerican
05-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Will still need to do better than this tomorrow if he's to have a hope against Rafa though.

Tennis cliche. :p Obviously you have to play well against Nadal (on clay).

I'm going to take a nap and assume that Nadal will beat Moya.

savesthedizzle
05-16-2008, 03:20 PM
He's not going to waste energy on a guy like Montanes :D

He raises his game for the big time opponents. I'm not afraid of that happening against Nadal :)

jitterbug
05-16-2008, 03:21 PM
There comes a point when that translates into arrogance and before you know it you lose to some guy you couldn't possibly lose to.

But I hope that day is still far off into the future.

savesthedizzle
05-16-2008, 03:23 PM
There comes a point when that translates into arrogance and before you know it you lose to some guy you couldn't possibly lose to.

Of course, but that's what he was doing today as I saw it. No big deal and when he started to get in trouble in a game he focused for a bit until danger had passed and then got back to not really having to try :shrug:

uglyamerican
05-16-2008, 03:30 PM

Like Viktor, Kevin Anderson, Paul Goldstein, Fognini, etc.

Unbeatable tennis players is so 2005.

You have to have the emotional lows as well as the highs to make it fun. Right?

savesthedizzle
05-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Viktor is not that bad :rolleyes: That's why he played awesome matches against Federer, Davydenko, Roddick and Nadal within the last year or two as well. :mad:

Paul Goldstein was a long time ago... Novak wasn't unbeatable yet then ;) :p

Kevin Anderson was on a hot streak, but yeah Novak should have won that one :)

aeronatasha
05-16-2008, 03:34 PM
That was lazy of Novak.:o But I guess he just knew this would go his way. Focused just in time to wrap it up without a headache.

I just realized Novak would get to #2 if Moya beats Nadal tonight.:eek:

But I feel we're heading for a Nadal-Nole showdown.

I think Novak is getting ready to take him on on his beloved clay.:devil:

*Ljubica*
05-16-2008, 03:37 PM
I enjoyed it :) I like to see him win easily - it's better for my nerves :lol: He was nice in his interview afterwards - they kept on asking him rubbish about becoming Number 2, and how did he feel about it............... and he was wonderfully patient and tactful,- saying that Nadal is a good player, and he didn't think the rankings were as important as just playing and winning matches, and then the rankings would take after themselves.They asked him if he would be "cheering for Moya" tonight, and he said he wouldn't cheer against anybody.

But where -oh where was the black outfit?:awww: Since Herdwick and I said how much we liked it- he hasn't worn it :hysteric: Maybe he read our comments, and we scared him :unsure:

Kiefer :yawn: Sorry Jess- I really can't get excited about Kiefer :)

savesthedizzle
05-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Black is for night time matches only isn't it? It's actually been sunny in Hamburg for once.. it'd be too hot ;) :p

Lee
05-16-2008, 03:39 PM
He's not going to waste energy on a guy like Montanes :D

He raises his game for the big time opponents. I'm not afraid of that happening against Nadal :)

Keep my fingers crossed that he will raise to the top of his game vs Nadal (yes, I don't thing Moya will win unless Nadal is injured)

That's true. He lost focus a bit a few times during the game but he's in total control ALL the way and he knows he can't get away if he plays better players. IMO, he didn't even play up to 80% of his game that I predict he needs to win.

*Ljubica*
05-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Black is for night time matches only isn't it? It's actually been sunny in Hamburg for once.. it'd be too hot ;) :p

:awww: Don't ruin my fangirl fantasies:awww: I like to see him in black!!!

savesthedizzle
05-16-2008, 03:53 PM
:awww: Don't ruin my fangirl fantasies:awww: I like to see him in black!!!

I do too :D

The easy solution is to demand that all his matches be at night :D

Lee
05-16-2008, 04:04 PM
:tape: Unfortunately, I don't think there's any night matches in Hamburg anymore and there's no night matches in RG. :awww:

savesthedizzle
05-16-2008, 04:06 PM
:armed:

All matches should be played at night :armed: Nocturnal tennis :rocker2:

but-it's-ok
05-16-2008, 04:06 PM
I enjoyed the match today. The score on paper doesn't tell the story. Nole played very well for the most part, at the beginning of the match I was surprised that Nole was in the forecourt so early on. Its not easy sometimes when you are as super talented as Nole is to keep the level of performance and intensity up. Montanes played his part in a wonderfully entertaining match,and I think it was good quality fare. And I think Nole can and will raise his game tomorrow if its Nadal. Adje Nole:bounce:

*Ljubica*
05-16-2008, 04:07 PM
I do too :D

The easy solution is to demand that all his matches be at night :D

:lol:Well except for the US Open ones of course......... their night matches start at 1.00am-2.00am here, and even fangirls need their sleep :p

savesthedizzle
05-16-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm not a fan of USO night matches either because they go too late and the last train back to New Jersey leaves before they'd be over :) :lol:

*Ljubica*
05-16-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm not a fan of USO night matches either because they go too late and the last train back to New Jersey leaves before they'd be over :) :lol:

Same happens in Rome and Madrid. If you don' have your own transport there, you're f***** because getting a taxi after the matches is almost impossible :shrug:

Herdwick
05-16-2008, 04:16 PM
:lol:Well except for the US Open ones of course......... their night matches start at 1.00am-2.00am here, and even fangirls need their sleep :p

Is it me or is GM even more aggravating than ever? Really can't be arsed...

Saw all the night matches at AO - and it worked; he won:D - and so fully intend to do the USO as well - hang sleep.

Nole is always wearing the black in my (increasingly frequent)dreams...

savesthedizzle
05-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Same happens in Rome and Madrid. If you don' have your own transport there, you're f***** because getting a taxi after the matches is almost impossible :shrug:

Actually maybe I'm wrong. Apparently the last train out of NYC is 1:41 am :D That's doable! I always thought it was way earlier than that :lol: But I would be absolutely dead if I stayed at the tennis that long and planned to go back the next day. I'd get to my house around 3 am and would have to leave around 8 am to get back for the next day :tape: No thanks. :lol:

Jelena_78
05-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Nole looked kinda tired today...I feel :awww: every time I see him breath heavily. I hope he'll be ok tomorrow. Today it wasn't as easy as the result 'tells',I'm glad it didn't take him much time.

'Smart' Eurosport: The 20-year-old Czech follows Federer in the final four, and if Nadal gets past Moya as expected the game's big three will all take their place in a titanic semi-final line-up. :rolleyes:

Ajde Nole!!! :clap2:

savesthedizzle
05-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Novak is Czech now? :rolls: We'll have to get the admins to move his forum to the right country :haha:

Lee
05-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Is it me or is GM even more aggravating than ever? Really can't be arsed...

:tape: I think it's better than a few months ago :p

Lee
05-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Novak is Czech now? :rolls: We'll have to get the admins to move his forum to the right country :haha:

Do we have a Czech forum? :eek:

Herdwick
05-16-2008, 04:29 PM
:tape: I think it's better than a few months ago :p

Well you're sane enough so clearly my tolerance levels are at an all-time low today. I think it's Blaze...

I too was worried about Nole's breathing today. Am not optimistic for tomorrow.

*Ljubica*
05-16-2008, 04:32 PM
I haven't been much into GM this afternoon - only to post on quick "congrats" post anyway. The whole Board is very slow today though I think - even slower than normal if that's possible :shrug:

Jelena - yes -I feel like that with his breathing too - I just want to :hug: him. Our commentators said he was "fatigued" today too :awww:

Lee - yes I believe there is a Czech Forum :p

Herdwick :lol: You and Jess and your dreams :lol: I wish I could have dreams to order like those...........I spent the night with Dmitry Tursunov once (in my dreams only sadly:o), but I am not so fortunate that way :awww:

Jelena_78
05-16-2008, 04:32 PM

:spit: :rolls:

Lee
05-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Well you're sane enough so clearly my tolerance levels are at an all-time low today. I think it's Blaze...

May be because I have a higher tolerance level for Blaze (Jon) since I know him on MTF for sometimes. ;)

Am not optimistic for tomorrow even there's not breathing problem. :tape:

Lee
05-16-2008, 04:40 PM
Lee - yes I believe there is a Czech Forum :p

Good to know that Nole's forum won't go to "Rest of the World" :p :lol:

Scotso
05-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Nadal doesn't stand a chance. :p

*Ljubica*
05-16-2008, 04:45 PM

:hug: Blaze annoys me a bit too - though he's never been unpleasant to me personally. There are other Nadal fans that annoy me a whole lot more than him to be honest :spit: Maybe I had better go and investigate what's been happening.

And I agree with Lee and others who have said it here ...... I don't think Nole has a chance in hell of beating Nadal on clay tomorrow :sad: He's played almost every day for nearly 2 weeks now, and he looks :zzz:

Jelena_78
05-16-2008, 04:48 PM
I will cheer for Moya tonight, but expect Nadal to win (I guess his friend doesn't wanna be the one that actually kicked him down to no.3 :o )

Now I have to go to the dentist :scared:

See you :wavey:

Lee
05-16-2008, 04:52 PM
:hug: Good luck with dentist Jelena.

Herdwick
05-16-2008, 04:53 PM
No one was actually being that unpleasant (that'll come tomorrow I'm afraid) but guess it's just they're regurgitating the same old tripe - haven't been in this pm admittedly but this am:banghead:

Wish Kiefer would hurry up and lose. His expression annoys me; looks like he's being crucified plus it'll serve the German crowd right for exiting en masse during Nole's match - guess I'm a grumpy guts today.

I want to see Rafa before I have to go out.

Herdwick
05-16-2008, 04:54 PM
I will cheer for Moya tonight, but expect Nadal to win (I guess his friend doesn't wanna be the one that actually kicked him down to no.3 :o )

Now I have to go to the dentist :scared:

See you :wavey:

Oh poor you - my sympathies.:hug:

Lee
05-16-2008, 04:54 PM
No one was actually being that unpleasant (that'll come tomorrow I'm afraid) but guess it's just they're regurgitating the same old tripe - haven't been in this pm admittedly but this am:banghead:

Wish Kiefer would hurry up and lose. His expression annoys me; looks like he's being crucified plus it'll serve the German crowd right for exiting en masse during Nole's match - guess I'm a grumpy guts today.

I want to see Rafa before I have to go out.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

*Ljubica*
05-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Jelena :hug: Good luck at the dentist.

Don''t worry Herdwick - Kiefer is self-destructing nicely, and the weather looks like rain at any moment in Hamburg, so they might have to play the Nadal/Moya match with the roof closed. How was the cat btw? Hope all went well at the Vets last night.

Herdwick
05-16-2008, 05:01 PM
You're all nice here - misanthropes like me don't deserve you!

Cat is Ok thanks, miffed at the blood test as always. Have got to up the insulin injections to 2 a day though so more expense.

Lee
05-16-2008, 05:04 PM

Cat is Ok thanks, miffed at the blood test as always. Have got to up the insulin injections to 2 a day though so more expense.

:awww: Give a big hug to your cat for me. Although I am not sure cats like that. :p

Herdwick
05-16-2008, 05:06 PM
:awww: Give a big hug to your cat for me. Although I am not sure cats like that. :p

Thank you on his behalf - a virtual hug perhaps though - I value my extremities.

Lee
05-16-2008, 05:08 PM
:lol: My dog loves the attention.

*Ljubica*
05-16-2008, 05:22 PM

:awww: I'm not nice - I can be a total b*tch at times :p

Glad the cat's fine,- and please add an extra :hug: from me. As for the cat hug thing...........I've always found some cats love them, and some don't - like people :shrug: The two on my avvy at the moment are real cuddlers- they would cling to me and sit on me knee all the time if they could - but a couple of my others :bolt: in the opposite direction if they think I'm going to pick them up:lol:

Lee
05-16-2008, 05:25 PM
I think it will be a while before we see the Moya/Nadal match. Seppi is falling apart right now :tape:

Lee
05-16-2008, 05:27 PM
:awww: I'm not nice - I can be a total b*tch at times :p

It's healthy to have some bi*chy moment :lol:

Glad the cat's fine,- and please add an extra :hug: from me. As for the cat hug thing...........I've always found some cats love them, and some don't - like people :shrug: The two on my avvy at the moment are real cuddlers- they would cling to me and sit on me knee all the time if they could - but a couple of my others :bolt: in the opposite direction if they think I'm going to pick them up:lol:

My sister's cat is a diva. She always gives out the "Don't even dare to get close to me" look. :lol:

arm
05-16-2008, 05:31 PM
I think it will be a while before we see the Moya/Nadal match. Seppi is falling apart right now :tape:

I feel like killing Seppi.

Not only I'm bored and wanted to watch Nadal, but also this way I won't be able to watch the match at all, as I have to leave home in an hour..

=/ Seppi :mad::mad:

*Ljubica*
05-16-2008, 05:34 PM
My sister's cat is a diva. She always gives out the "Don't even dare to get close to me" look. :lol:

Yeah - the females are worse. I have 5 males and 1 female, and the female is a b*tch from hell and bosses her brothers about so badly, even though she's half their size :lol:

Raquel :wavey: I kind of feel sorry for Seppi - he looks like he wants to cry out there :sobbing:

Lee
05-16-2008, 05:37 PM
Look at the positive side. The Kiefer/Seppi match dreads on forever and there may be a chance that the Nadal/Moya match won't be able to finish today though it's doubtful. :devil:

Herdwick
05-16-2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks both - cat duly hugged and now asleep on rug. Am resigned to not seeing Rafa - he'll destroy Moya anyway so doesn't matter. Wish I could care about the Kiefer/Seppi match...

Enough self-pity - Nole's now won $7.5m. Sounds great but does he effectively support the entire family, as well as funding this grandiose-sounding scheme for the Serbian tennis centre? Quite a bit of pressure for a 20 year old...

Lee
05-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks both - cat duly hugged and now asleep on rug. Am resigned to not seeing Rafa - he'll destroy Moya anyway so doesn't matter. Wish I could care about the Kiefer/Seppi match...

Enough self-pity - Nole's now won $7.5m. Sounds great but does he effectively support the entire family, as well as funding this grandiose-sounding scheme for the Serbian tennis centre? Quite a bit of pressure for a 20 year old...

Yes, it's a pretty drag on him with the tennis centre thing. What worries me more is I'm not sure that's what he wants or Srdjan? :tape:

arm
05-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Somehow Seppi managed to win his first service gme (3rd set).

this is me looking at the positive side:

- If Nadal wins, I won't have to watch it live and I'll avoid the pain.. :p
- If a miracle happens, when I come back home I'll a surprise waiting for me (MTF going crazy)...

Lee
05-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Somehow Seppi managed to win his first service gme (3rd set).

this i me looking at the positive side:

- If Naal wins, I won't have to watch it live and I'll avoid the pain.. :p
- If a miracle happens, when I come back home I'll a surprise waiting for me (MTF going crazy)...

:yeah: Good positive thinking, Raquel :lol:

arm
05-16-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm trying my best... :)

*Ljubica*
05-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Look at the positive side. The Kiefer/Seppi match dreads on forever and there may be a chance that the Nadal/Moya match won't be able to finish today though it's doubtful. :devil:

Nice idea - but they can close the roof and put the floodlights on in Hamburg - so it will finish tonight! They might be tired if it drags on and on though :tape:

I agree with you girls about the tennis centre thing -I personally think it's Srdjan.

arm
05-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Nice idea - but they can close the roof and put the floodlights on in Hamburg - so it will finish tonight! They might be tired if it drags on and on though :tape:

I agree with you girls about the tennis centre thing -I personally think it's Srdjan.

I would be quite happy if Nadal got a bit tired..

*Ljubica*
05-16-2008, 05:50 PM
I would be quite happy if Nadal got a bit tired..

I think he is like the Bionic Man - he rarely gets tired :rolleyes: This year's Chennai Final (against Youzhny) was the only occasion I can remember.

Lee
05-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Grrrr, I don't know there's night in Hamburg but should know better. And there's still more than 2 hours before sunset there. Tomorrow's semi may play under the roof as forecast rain in the afternoon :mad:

arm
05-16-2008, 05:53 PM
There's a first time for everything.. :shrug: or second in his case...

*Ljubica*
05-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Grrrr, I don't know there's night in Hamburg but should know better. And there's still more than 2 hours before sunset there. Tomorrow's semi may play under the roof as forecast rain in the afternoon :mad:

Yes- they built the roof because they have so much rain in Hamburg generally - it's an amazing feat of engineering actually and, of course, - with the roof, goes the floodlights :devil:

I'm resigned to not seeing much of Nadal/Moya now, -the man in my life will finish work at any second and I guess he'll want some food, and not appreciate my watching tennis while he starves :rolleyes:

Lee
05-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Yes- they built the roof because they have so much rain in Hamburg generally - it'san amazing feat of engineering actually and, of course, - with the roof goes the floodlights :devil:

I'm resigned to not seeing much of Nadal/Moya now, -the man in my life will finish work at any second and I guess he'll want some food, and not appreciate my watching tennis while he starves :rolleyes:

He needs training ;) My man is well trained. He knows when to open a can of soup and heat it himself :lol:

arm
05-16-2008, 05:59 PM
You would have to let him starve it if was Djokovic's match... :p

In my case, I've made some friends reaaly :mad: when I refused to go out because of a Djokovic's match..

*Ljubica*
05-16-2008, 06:02 PM
:lol: Well girls it is a fairly new relationship - we haven't been together so long - so I am still on best behaviour :) Ater a year or so I will have him trained just fine though :p

If it was Nole playing I agree he would have to starve though, but he wouldn't mind that, because he's from Serbia anyway and Nole is the only tennis player he knows :lol:

Herdwick
Ahh bless - they do need feeding don't they? Do him something quick - Kiefer/Seppi is still droning on. The Nigel Slater recipes are great when you're in a hurry.

*Ljubica*
Ahh bless - they do need feeding don't they? Do him something quick - Kiefer/Seppi is still droning on. The Nigel Slater recipes are great when you're in a hurry.

The chip shop up the road is even quicker :lol:

Herdwick
05-16-2008, 06:03 PM
:lol: Well girls it is a fairly new relationship - we haven't been together so long - so I am still on best behaviour :) Ater a year or so I will have him trained just fine though :p

If it was Nole playing I agree he would have to starve though, but he wouldn't mind that, because he's from Serbia anyway and Nole is the only tennis player he knows :lol:

Oh - the Serb romance - so happy for you. All that texting in Rome paid off for him then?

*Ljubica*
05-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Oh - the Serb romance - so happy for you. All that texting in Rome paid off for him then?

Indeed it seems to have :angel: And thanks - he's gorgeous :drool:

Lee
05-16-2008, 06:06 PM

That's true! It's quite different when you're married for 20 years. :lol:

Serbs :aplot:

arm
05-16-2008, 06:08 PM
You also have to train him to enjoy and watch tennis.

I make all my friends watch tennis now... They still don't like the sport as much as I do (not even close), but, anyway, now they at least know what a drop shot is...

*Ljubica*
05-16-2008, 06:09 PM
That's true! It's quite different when you're married for 20 years. :lol:

Serbs :aplot:

How long did it take you to train Mr.Lee then?

You know - i feel kind of guilty - these two guys are playing their little hearts out on my screen - and I really can't get into it at all :shrug:

Herdwick
05-16-2008, 06:11 PM
So you've now got your own private Serb? Wow!
Puts my Belgian well and truly in the shade in the exotic stakes (not that Belgium has ever been exotic)

*Ljubica*
05-16-2008, 06:12 PM
You also have to train him to enjoy and watch tennis.

I make all my friends watch tennis now... They still don't like the sport as much as I do (not even close), but, anyway, now they at least know what a drop shot is...

:lol: Only trouble with that, is he might expect me to watch football in return.........and I hate football :devil: We've already established that I will never EVER go and watch him play in his daft amateur league team he plays for on a Sunday. That was non-negotable - some rules of mine will NEVER be broken :lol:

Herdwick
05-16-2008, 06:12 PM
You know - i feel kind of guilty - these two guys are playing their little hearts out on my screen - and I really can't get into it at all :shrug:

Likewise -but don't feel guilty - it's just not very good

*Ljubica*
05-16-2008, 06:13 PM
So you've now got your own private Serb? Wow!
Puts my Belgian well and truly in the shade in the exotic stakes (not that Belgium has ever been exotic)
:awww: I've never really known any Belgians - but I'm sure your man is lovely:) Is he French Belgian or Dutch Belgian btw?

Lee
05-16-2008, 06:15 PM
How long did it take you to train Mr.Lee then?

Only since we moved to US. :p When we were in Canada, his parents lived nearby so he would not go hungry if I was not able to feed him as his mother always pamper him. :tape:

And last year was when he finally had nobody to cook for him when I went to Indian Wells, left him with our son. :lol:

arm
05-16-2008, 06:16 PM
:lol: Only trouble with that, is he might expect me to watch football in return.........and I hate football :devil: We've already established that I will never EVER go and watch him play in his daft amateur league team he plays for on a Sunday. That was non-negotable - some rules of mine will NEVER be broken :lol:

Football is not that bad..

BTW, you feel guilty??

I feel kind of frustrated, as I watch them I realize that none of them actually stand a real chance to Federer tomorrow... It's almost a walk over for him. :(

Herdwick
05-16-2008, 06:17 PM
:awww: I've never really known any Belgians - but I'm sure your man is lovely:) Is he French Belgian or Dutch Belgian btw?

He's a Walloon - Jean-Pierre. He loves football too but fortunately doesn't play.

*Ljubica*
05-16-2008, 06:19 PM
OK Lee - so I still have time to train :)

Aha - Jean-Pierre........... French names always sound so romantic!

And Raquel - you are so right about Federer - he could beat either of these two with one arm tied behind his back! Kiefer looks like he's about to explode or something - he's so full of pent-up emotion it really is scary now :unsure:

Anyway girlies - it has been a pleasure talking to you all :hug: I am going to be a good girl and cook dinner now :) Have a nice evening whatever you're doing, and talk to you all again soon:hug:

arm
05-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Thank you all for keeping me company. But it's time for me to go.

See you later. :) :hug:

Herdwick
05-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Ahh - have a lovely romantic evening.

Lee
05-16-2008, 06:26 PM
:wavey: Ladies.

Okonsky
05-16-2008, 06:28 PM
:lol: Well girls it is a fairly new relationship :

I can asure you that HE deserves every second of your day:angel: Rare (the best) 'speciment' you've catch.

Bet? :hug: him and say 'hello' again.

savesthedizzle
05-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Good to know that Nole's forum won't go to "Rest of the World" :p :lol:

It's where we started ;) It would feel like home :p

aeronatasha
05-16-2008, 09:02 PM
I trust in scarecrow's prediction - Novak will get the #2 rank.

Lee
05-16-2008, 09:35 PM
I trust in scarecrow's prediction - Novak will get the #2 rank.

Although I have a different view from Genci (scarecrow), I LMAO when I saw groundstroke called him has no knowledge of tennis.

Lee
05-16-2008, 09:47 PM
:lol: He's getting better and better in post match interview

Hamburg, 16 May 2008

Press Conference with NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Djokovic - Montanes 6:2, 6:3

Q: Well played. Was that a good win for you? Is it also equal important to get an economical win to preserve energy?

DJOKOVIC: Yes. That was one of the ideas for today's match. But again, I did not want to underestimate my opponent before the start. So, I tried to keep my focus throughout all the match and to get it done as fast as I can, so I can safe some energy for tomorrow.

Q: How well have you recovered from the Italian final?

DJOKOVIC: I recovered really well. I wasn't sure if I was going to be 100% ready for this tournament. But obviously I did not lose as much energy in Rome. I had some retirements in the quarter and semi finals which helped me to stay physically healthy and prepared. I've been working fitness pretty hard this week even though I was playing matches. So, I'm building up my fitness and hopefully I can keep it up.

Q: If it is Rafa tomorrow it will be about the No. 2 ranking. Does this make it more special?

DJOKOVIC: Well, it does. But I'm not trying to think about that because it creates extra pressure. So, I'll just play that match as every other one and try to be focussed to win and then keep winning. That's what really matters.

Q: Do you feel a lot more confident now?

DJOKOVIC: It's tough to say in comparison to let's say the States last year when I won Montreal and played the finals of US Open. I felt great. But this year is quite different. I made some changes and I improved a lot. I gained a lot of physical strength and mental experience, so I fell on the top.

Q: If Rafa loses later on, you will be No. 2 today. So what do you prefer? To be No. 2 today or to win it?

DJOKOVIC: Obviously, it's always a better feeling to deserve it.

Q: There seem to be a lot of straight set victories in this tournament, an unusual amount. Is that just a coincidence or do you think, this time of year, the guys are tired and conserving themselves?

DJOKOVIC: It might be a case. This is one of the last couple of weeks of the clay season. I think some of the players are even trying to save themselves for the French Open because this is the main priority for every player on this surface. That's maybe one of the reasons why there is a lot of straight set wins. But, on the other hand, I think it's a coincidence.

Q: Would you regard yourself as good on clay as on the other surfaces?

DJOKOVIC: I was always aiming to be an allround player. This is what I was working on in the last couple of months to improve my game especially on clay, on the surface where I did not do too well in the past years. But I grew up on this surface and I feel good when I play there. It is a very important fact to be physically ready, to have great endurance for long matches, especially on the Grand Slam. I think I'm doing a great job and I gained a lot of confidence since last week's win in Rome.

Lee
05-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Whoever want to watch his interview, here's the link for all his presser in Hamburg

http://dtb-tennis.rent-a-cluster.net/livescoring/pc/press-conferences.php

gambit84
05-17-2008, 01:00 AM
I wanna watch a final between Seppi and Nole :lol:

aeronatasha
05-17-2008, 01:44 AM
I wanna watch a final between Seppi and Nole :lol:

I sure hope you shall.;)

Scotso
05-17-2008, 05:53 AM
Seppi :drool:

jitterbug
05-17-2008, 07:12 AM
I wish my friends would stop reminding me of what's at stake in tonight's match :mad: it makes me nervous!

jitterbug
05-17-2008, 07:14 AM

I popped him onto my ignore list, as well as some deserving idiots.

Lee
05-17-2008, 07:39 AM
I popped him onto my ignore list, as well as some deserving idiots.

I have 8 posters on my ignore list now. All carry the y chromosome :lol: But Blaze is not there.

jitterbug
05-17-2008, 07:55 AM
Well we evidently have different annoyance tresholds, and I'm not going to wade through his bucketload of idiocy for the sake of some occasional sensibility.

aeronatasha
05-17-2008, 10:38 AM
This had me laughing..:lol:

Good afternoon and welcome to our LIVE!! coverage of Novak Djokovic v Albert Montanes in the quarter-finals of the Hamburg Masters.

1-0 - WELL WELL WELL!!! Montanes has a break in the opening game.
1-0 - The winner here will face Carlos Moya or Rafa Nadal in the semis by the way.

1-1 - Djokovic levels with a break of his own. "Right back at ya!" he probably says under his breath.

1-2 - Djokovic gets a quickfire hold under his belt. This match is going at quite some lick.

2-2 - Montanes is holding his own so far. Both players are serious putting their strings to ball. Some monumental ball whacking going on.
2-3 - Djokovic completes an easy hold with a rollicking smash. "Have some of that," he's thinking.

2-4 - Djokovic breaks! He has the momentum now.

2-4 - OOOOHHHHHH!!!! A through-the-legs - part of any self-respecting tournament montage - beauty from Djokovic, but it's just wide.

2-5 - Comfortable for Djokovic. Montanes needs to hold to stay in the set.

2-6 - Easy! Easy! Easy! Djokovic waltzes/strolls/eases/cruises (delete as appropriate) into a one-set lead.

0-0 - Marathon opening game. We've gone deuce crazy.

0-1 - Thank goodness for that. Djokovic EVENTUALLY wins two in a row to break the monotony.

0-1 - Deft drop-shot from Djokovic. Call me crazy, but this match is as good as over and we're only a game into the second set. Montanes is being outclassed.
1-1 - Credit were credit's due. Montanes holds serve are another heavy bout of deuce.

1-2 - Bish, bash, bosh. Djokovic holds.

2-2 - Montanes does well to pull even once more. I'd be happy to eat my words if he makes a match of this.

2-3 - Big forehand winner from Djokovic, which gallops down the line and away. Still with serve.

3-3 - Still with serve we go.

3-4 - Djokovic bags another service game without much fuss and on we go.

3-5 - AND THERE IT IS. It was inevitable really. Djokovic has the break and will serve for the match.

3-6 - Djokovic eases through to the semis, where it's shaping up to be a big guns showdown.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/livematch/234445.html

Jelena_78
05-17-2008, 10:59 AM
I wish my friends would stop reminding me of what's at stake in tonight's match :mad: it makes me nervous!

Tell me about it :tape:

Everytime I believed Novak would win, and my bro said :No way, Rafa will --> Nadal won.
Now I feel :scared: and my bro says Nole will win :p
I'd like to think the same, but after I saw his bodylanguage yesterday, I must admit I'm :unsure:
I hope I'm wrong.

Ajde Djoko!!!

*Ljubica*
05-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Hello :wavey:

:lol: to the Eurosport thing! I follow their match reports from work sometimes - they're always very amusing:)

About the Ignore List-mine is not so big to be honest, but the lucky people on it are all from the (in)famous Nadal Chat Thread :devil:, where they spend more time bitching about Nole and his fans, than talking about tennis or their favourite player :rolleyes: Blaze is not one of them though:)

And sorry this won't cheer you up Zahirah - but I am scared - really, really nervous and scared :unsure: I generally don't mind my players losing too much - they all have to do it at sometime or another, but when they have to play Nadal, it adds an extra :spit: factor for me! I really hope Nole can produce a miracle - but I doubt it very much :awww: And then GM will be unbearable with all the ghastly gloating RafaTards for a month :rolleyes:

Herdwick
05-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Morning All

I am pretty resigned to today's outcome - don't even feel that nervous - but do hope he gets a set and it's reasonably close. It's no disgrace to lose to Rafa on clay - the man is a breed apart on this surface - and Nole did thump him comprehensively in IW; Rafa was outthought and outhit. So Nole's time will come in the US hard court season.

arm
05-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Good morning everyone!

When I woke up today I felt like I was going to have one of my final exams. Then I remembered, no, it's just Nole's match with Nadal... No worries :tape::awww:

jitterbug
05-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Nah, it actually cheers me up that several other people are as gloomy/nervous as I am! :lol:

savesthedizzle
05-17-2008, 01:58 PM
I have butterflies and I can't watch because I have work :sad:

jitterbug
05-17-2008, 02:08 PM
I can watch...

But I won't :help: I have a nasty feeling that I'm a jinx.

neenah
05-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Ugh I could watch but I'd feel like a bum, seeing as I was up at 1:40 last night on my computer instant messaging my friends as the end of our "Not At Prom" party :tape: Please, I know I'm a loser, you don't have to tell me :tape:

And I just woke up and got on the computer to check the scores. But I really should get off and actually do something productive.

Whatever the outcome I don't mind. There's a lot at stake. A win for Nole would really cement what is turning into a dominant year for him. Unlike Federer/Nadal matches, where occasionally I have a favorite to win, depending on the occasion, and am only neutral sometimes, with Nadal/Djokovic I'm not sure I can chose.

Lee
05-17-2008, 02:27 PM
I woke up at the right moment. Lingered a while but decided to get up and Nole was up a break.

He definitely doesn't get my memo about his dropshot of death vs Nadal. *sigh*

Lee
05-17-2008, 02:28 PM
I don't blame him not wanting to grind out at the baseline vs Nadal though.

jitterbug
05-17-2008, 02:31 PM
He just lost the break after saving three break points :shrug:

Nole had two BP's to go 4-0 up against Nadal but he couldn't convert them. Sigh.

Lee
05-17-2008, 02:41 PM
:lol: The commentator said exactly the same when I thought "Stupid (he said dangerous) playing serve and volley on 2nd serve"

At least he hold.

jitterbug
05-17-2008, 02:51 PM
He lost serve at the most ideal time possible - at 4-all. Now Nadal serves for the first set.

Lee
05-17-2008, 02:52 PM
It only took 4 games for Nadal to wear out his forehand and backhand. :tape:

Lee
05-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Wow Wow Wow

Broke Nadal when he was serving for the set.

Lee
05-17-2008, 02:58 PM
A very good match so far and Federer is laughing his *** off now. :shrug:

jitterbug
05-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Broken again. :armed:

pookykiki
05-17-2008, 03:07 PM
I'ms scared! Nadal try to break little Nole into two parts!

Lee
05-17-2008, 03:07 PM
At least Nole still has a sense of humor. :lol:

jitterbug
05-17-2008, 03:08 PM
What happened? :lol:

Lee
05-17-2008, 03:08 PM
I'ms scared! Nadal try to break little Nole into two parts!

Losing 5-7 first set is not too bad. :tape:

I have counted 4 dropshots of death this set. I may miss some. :p

pookykiki
05-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Losing 5-7 first set is not too bad. :tape:

I have counted 4 dropshots of death this set. I may miss some. :p

Nole is playing very well but Rafa makes him run! Moreover Nadal is doing his scary face!
Come on Nole!:worship:
I'm tired only watching the match! :p

Lee
05-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Both played very well. No matter the result, it's a great match. Honestly, this is the best of Nole on clay so far I see in this clay season.

Lee
05-17-2008, 03:40 PM
I think Nole's strategy is right. He has been practising his drop shots in all his clay court matches and that's what he needs to defeat Nadal. He's not going to beat Nadal playing the back court game on clay. He needs to good drop shots and/or comes to the net but not letting Nadal pass him. He has a long way to do a good half volley but his dropshots are actually better this match :p

pookykiki
05-17-2008, 03:40 PM
I totally agree! I'm impressed and Nole hadn't had much time to rest since Rome!

Lee
05-17-2008, 03:44 PM
:worship:

Lee
05-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Hang on Nole! :yeah:

Lee
05-17-2008, 03:59 PM
OMG!!! 6-2 2nd set. It looks easy on SB but it's a very very tight set and Nole fought extremely hard in this set.

jitterbug
He takes a set from Nadal on clay for the first time :worship:

amdany
this match is awesome:cool::worship:

Lee
Best match in this clay season so far.

jitterbug
05-17-2008, 04:02 PM
I will download this after I finish writing the remaining 11.5 pages of my 12-page paper :lol:

Lee
05-17-2008, 04:06 PM
Ajde Nole!

Lee
05-17-2008, 04:09 PM
*sigh* broken on first game in 3rd.

But you can break back, Nole. You broke Nadal 4 times today already.

Lee
05-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Yes, drop shot!!!!!