Introduction to vBetting [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Introduction to vBetting

wtn_amanda
07-04-2004, 11:39 PM
Brief Introduction
So you think you can accurately predict who the winner(s) of tennis matches will be, who will win the big tournaments each week and when the favourites will lose? Now you have the chance to prove it! vBetting is the ultimate sports betting online simulation that can be played everyday on MensTennisForums.com.

About vCash
Each MensTennisForums.com member is automatically credited with $50 worth of vCash (virtual cash) to spend in our vBetting shop. Each day we will add new markets where you can bet vCash on winners of the days matches, tournaments and other specials. Bet on a winner and your stake will be returned to your vCash account, plus the winnings.

About The Odds
Different odds are offered on each outcome. The most likely outcome is given a short price, whilst the least likely outcome (i.e. Tim Henman winning Wimbledon :D) is priced with more generous odds where you can win more virtual money.

For example:
Roger Federer to win Wimbledon might be priced at 2/1
This means for every $10 you bet, you win $20 profit in vCash + your stake back IF Roger Federer wins Wimbledon. Total return: $30. Any other outcome would be settled as you losing $10.

Tim Henman to win Wimbledon might be priced at 20/1
This means for every $10 you bet, you win $200 in vCash + your stake back IF Tim Henman wins Wimbledon. Total return: $220. Any other outcome would be settled as you losing $10.

Track Your Bets/Winnings
You can keep a check on your progress by visiting the vBetting shop online at the following address:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/vbookie.php
(This link is also accessible from the GAMES menu on every MensTennisForums web page)

From this page you can see historical bets, wins, losses and current virtual bets yet to be settled. The vBookie also lists the current markets open where you can bet, closed and settled.

Your vCash
Your current vCash account position is displayed in every post you make on MensTennisForums.com - with a link to the vBetting shop. The amount shown will not include any bets you currently have in progress (that is, bets that have not yet been settled by us).

Amass a fortune and you'll impress everyone.... lose all your vCash and people might start questioning if you really know what you're talking about. So be careful. :)

Havok
07-05-2004, 12:16 AM
what if we waste all our money? game over for us:scratch:

wtn_amanda
07-05-2004, 12:46 AM
what if we waste all our money? game over for us:scratch:
If you waste all your vCash, you'll automatically be credited with some extra vCash the next time we add a betting market to the system. It's a small amount though. :) You'll have to work very hard to get back from $0 to $500, so try not to waste it. :p

Frooty_Bazooty
07-05-2004, 12:58 AM
hey amanda, im probably being really cynical about this but why is this happening? is it a company or something trying to advertise or something? Im confused :confused:

wtn_amanda
07-05-2004, 01:19 AM
It's just a game we launched for fun. There are no commercial reasons behind us starting this game, we just thought some of you who enjoy betting occasionally might also enjoy playing a game where you can "virtually bet on outcomes" without risk of losing money. :) We have no plans to start a real betting company yet. :lol:

Frooty_Bazooty
07-05-2004, 01:25 AM
it looks like really good fun. will we be able to bet on matches or is it just outright betting?

wtn_amanda
07-05-2004, 01:31 AM
Can we convert winnings to our own currency?? ie: for me it would be british pounds.

No, we just use dollars to represent vCash. Remember the money isn't real - it's virtual cash only for play. :)

wtn_amanda
07-05-2004, 01:33 AM
it looks like really good fun. will we be able to bet on matches or is it just outright betting?

We will be putting up individual matches too.... so you can play almost everyday if you want. We hope it will add another dimension to following tennis on MensTennisForums.com - because now, you have your vCash to think about when cheering for players. :D

WyveN
07-05-2004, 05:09 AM
Pretty interesting :)

SuperRevelation
07-05-2004, 02:20 PM
Amanda, i dont see u betting! lol

Peoples
07-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Wouldn't it be fun if in addition to betting we could also earn vCash by posting, I mean a very little amount? Maybe $1 for 10 posts or something. This way if you lose everything on betting of course it'll be tough but you can recover more quickly.

wtn_amanda
07-05-2004, 04:46 PM
We will be announcing other ways you can earn extra vCash shortly. So stay tuned for more exciting information about that. :)

In response to jturpin4, since I am setting up the markets at present, I am effectively betting against all of you at present. Everytime somebody wins, the MTF house loses.... and I am responsible for what those losses amount to in the odds I set.

Havok
07-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Is this strictly a game for mtf or will we see it also at wtaworld?

kartveteran
07-05-2004, 05:32 PM
I think this is a very cool idea. I allways wondered if I'd have a chance to beat the odds at the William Hill bookmaker for tennis, if I'd pick my matches very selectively. I'd never try that though, since I just don't want to spend money on gambling.

But now I can try it in this forum. Will you make the odds statistically balanced or will you make the odds lower so the odds-maker will usually win money? For example: if two players have 50% to win a match, will the odds be 1/1 and 1/1? Or will you make them 4/5 and 4/5?

I think you should make sure people can only earn cash by winning bets. So, that the cash score reflects how well someone has done in betting. If you can earn money by other ways such as making posts or by getting rep-points, that will spoil the competition. In the end you won't know anymore which scores were earned by good tennis knowledge, and which scores were just earned by making posts.

What about allowing negative cash scores? If someone loses all his money, he's still allowed to bet, but only by 1$ each bet. That way if he's lucky he can work his way up again until he has enough money for bigger bets again, and if he's unlucky, his cash score will just become more negative. But he'll still have the option to keep on betting.

wtn_amanda
07-05-2004, 06:01 PM
Is this strictly a game for mtf or will we see it also at wtaworld?

It's exclusive to MTF at the moment. If the game is popular however, and there's demand on WTAworld.com from other members, there's no reason why the game can't be launched over there too.

wtn_amanda
07-05-2004, 06:11 PM
I think this is a very cool idea. I allways wondered if I'd have a chance to beat the odds at the William Hill bookmaker for tennis, if I'd pick my matches very selectively. I'd never try that though, since I just don't want to spend money on gambling.

But now I can try it in this forum. Will you make the odds statistically balanced or will you make the odds lower so the odds-maker will usually win money? For example: if two players have 50% to win a match, will the odds be 1/1 and 1/1? Or will you make them 4/5 and 4/5?

I think you should make sure people can only earn cash by winning bets. So, that the cash score reflects how well someone has done in betting. If you can earn money by other ways such as making posts or by getting rep-points, that will spoil the competition. In the end you won't know anymore which scores were earned by good tennis knowledge, and which scores were just earned by making posts.

What about allowing negative cash scores? If someone loses all his money, he's still allowed to bet, but only by 1$ each bet. That way if he's lucky he can work his way up again until he has enough money for bigger bets again, and if he's unlucky, his cash score will just become more negative. But he'll still have the option to keep on betting.

I'm glad you the like the concept. :)

Odds are compiled based on real market offerings so there will be those evil over-rounds. For example: an even money shot (2.00) will be competing with a favourite priced at around 9/10 (1.90). It makes the game more realistic though - you'll have an idea how you might be doing in the real world losing real money.

We wont be offering bonus vCash for reputation points as that system is being openly abused. :) We are planning on offering vCash rewards though if you introduce/invite a friend to MensTennisForums.com/vBetting. This happens in the real world too, so it's not completely unrealistic and it's a rewarding way to invite you friends to join the game.

When an account falls to zero, it will be topped back up to $10 the next time we add a market. So if you see anyone with a vCash balance of $10, you know they're doing as badly as is humanly possibly. :)

I hope that answers all your questions.

azza
07-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Wow good game :D

CooCooCachoo
07-05-2004, 09:43 PM
It's a very BAD idea!

It's already got me addicted :sad:

Now we need the Betters Anonymous for me !

TheBoiledEgg
07-05-2004, 09:45 PM
me back from hols ....... nice idea :)

if u lose too much money........ give them an overdraft with loan-shark type repayments :tape:

Raquel
07-06-2004, 02:32 AM
Can i just get one thing straight? :o I feel almost stupid asking but in the example given in post 1 - 2/1 on Federer, $10 bet becomes $20 + stake = $30. That's fine.

But if someone is 9/10 then would you lose money? Because if you put $10 on that, you would only win $9? Or is it the $9 + the stake = $19?

I am just not sure if you make a profit when it is 1/2 as well as when it is 2/1?

WyveN
07-06-2004, 02:58 AM
But if someone is 9/10 then would you lose money? Because if you put $10 on that, you would only win $9? Or is it the $9 + the stake = $19?
?

Correct. You would win $19.

Lalitha
07-06-2004, 05:56 AM
This is'nt my cup of tea. But good luck to everyone playing the game.

Lady
07-06-2004, 08:27 AM
Wow! it's really interesting concept!! Great idea!! :clap2:

Raquel
07-06-2004, 11:43 AM
Correct. You would win $19.
Thanks WyveN :)

Experimentee
07-06-2004, 05:11 PM
Sounds very interesting! I will be playing, i already started by making two bets :o

Raquel, I didnt understand the same thing you asked! Thanks for having it cleared up!
I always thought you could lose money if u picked the favourite, but obviously not!

I♥PsY@Mus!c
07-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Amazing game!!!I really enjoy it!!!Thanks you to create this!!!

Spikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan
07-07-2004, 06:19 AM
Interesting, I'd like to master Betting before I actually start doing it in real life :p

Arcadion
07-07-2004, 08:12 AM
What about donations or loans to other users? That would be cool :)

pinky
07-07-2004, 09:12 AM
What about donations or loans to other users? That would be cool :)

It has a big ABUSE written all over it ;)

Experimentee
07-07-2004, 04:18 PM
I dont think we should be able to get extra dollars from posts, rep, or any other form, it could so easily be abused. I dont want to see loads of meaningless posts because someone wants more cash :o

wtn_amanda
07-07-2004, 04:40 PM
I dont think we should be able to get extra dollars from posts, rep, or any other form, it could so easily be abused. I dont want to see loads of meaningless posts because someone wants more cash :o

The only thing we might offer is a referall scheme... where you get paid $xx for every person you invite who chooses to register on MTF. There's absolutely no chance of people earning extra vCash just for posting messages or the abused reputation points.

alfonsojose
07-09-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm glad you the like the concept. :)

We wont be offering bonus vCash for reputation points as that system is being openly abused. :) .

You're right. It's not funny, even more when there's a thread when people good-rep each other just for fun. The idea is really give credit (good or bad) to someone who you think deserve it

Leo
07-09-2004, 04:24 PM
This sounds terrific. I can't wait to join in, but maybe not with this particular tournament.

PatatRiek
07-12-2004, 10:56 AM
thanx :yeah:

SaFed2005
07-13-2004, 01:24 AM
Just wondering:
If u lose all ur money do u go negative or you just cant play anymore?

wtn_amanda
07-13-2004, 06:02 AM
Just wondering:
If u lose all ur money do u go negative or you just cant play anymore?

If you fall to zero, you will be credited with $25 to continue playing the next time we add an event. You'll have to work very hard to get back to $500 with that. :) You are not allowed a negative balance.

Chris Seahorse
07-14-2004, 05:30 PM
Amanda, is it possible to make accumulator bets? i.e. bets in which 2 or more picks are laid on top of each other multiplying the odds but also requiring all of the selections to be successful.

MajorcanBoy89
07-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Congrats for the game, is very cool!

Gonzo Hates Me!
07-21-2004, 05:54 PM
This is fun! I am trying to win money... but I dont understand! :(

'til this day, I do not understand how odds work! Can somebody please explain it to me, :o

like 1/2 9/7 ... what does all that mean!!

Jim Jones
07-21-2004, 10:52 PM
It sounds like a good idea, would be even better if betting was for real. There are some real betting sites out there, one of them is advertised in last weeks TIME Magazine (European edition).

MissPovaFan
07-21-2004, 11:15 PM
This is fun! I am trying to win money... but I dont understand! :(

'til this day, I do not understand how odds work! Can somebody please explain it to me, :o

like 1/2 9/7 ... what does all that mean!!

2/1 means that for every £1 you put on you win £2 (+ your £1 back)

6/4 means that for every £4 you put on you win £6 back (+ your £4 back)

4/5 means that for every £5 you put on you win £4 back (+ your £5 back)

etc. etc.

Corey Feldman
07-22-2004, 01:18 AM
can you bet all 500 on 1 match? even if its an easy outcome (like betting all 500 Moya will beat krajan) ? pretty obvious moya will beat him!

Corey Feldman
07-22-2004, 01:38 AM
can you win alot more by betting on a guy to win the whole tournament, rather than just 1 match at a time-betting?
and can you take back a bet uve made, (before that match,tournament has began obviously) or chaNge it to put more money or less money on it than you 1st chosen?

BaselineSmash
07-22-2004, 01:56 AM
Too many questions. :scared:

BaselineSmash
07-22-2004, 02:00 AM
1. Yes
2. Depends on the odds but yes, the odds are often better for bets on overall champion e.g. 33/1.
3. No, no, don't be silly.
4. You can't reduce your bet, but you can bet more than once after having placed a primary bet.

Corey Feldman
07-22-2004, 02:52 PM
cheers baselinesmash :yeah:

Gonzo Hates Me!
07-22-2004, 03:47 PM
Amanda, I think the best thing about this is that I am learning things about players. I think this is a good way to introduce yourself to players you have never heard of or paid attention to.

alfonsojose
08-15-2004, 11:09 PM
Hi, amanda. what about Leg Masson's matches?. I want to bet for my countryman Alejandro Falla :bounce:

Corey Feldman
08-17-2004, 09:46 PM
same here, and none of the olympic matches are showing up in the last coupla days either !

Corey Feldman
08-18-2004, 05:44 PM
arnt you taking bets for Washington legg mason this week?? :scratch:

PatatRiek
10-13-2004, 04:42 PM
this is great game , thanks :worship:

i have 2 little remarks though

games are most of the time closed too early :sad:

and also; it sometimes takes a lot of time to get yr payouts :sad:

is just 1 person doing this game? or is there a team?

Corey Feldman
10-26-2004, 01:52 AM
Ginepri retired hurt versus verdasco........ do we ginepri pickers get the money back!?

bad gambler
10-26-2004, 04:29 AM
i think that's the stupid thing about v-betting.....u lose all money on someone who retires!!

Corey Feldman
10-26-2004, 11:15 AM
really?
damn, they musta changed the rules :smash:

bad gambler
10-26-2004, 11:19 AM
mate i'm just guessing coz that's what happened to me a couple of weeks ago.....

Corey Feldman
10-26-2004, 11:19 AM
yah, trust them to CHANGE the rules as soon as it happens to us ;)

wtn_amanda
10-26-2004, 05:34 PM
i think that's the stupid thing about v-betting.....u lose all money on someone who retires!!

The rules state if the first set is completed all bets stand. These are standardized rules across many betting sites.

bad gambler
10-26-2004, 08:34 PM
thanks for the clarification amanda...

however i have to disagree that they are the standard rules.....i think you will find the standrad rules on the majority of betting sites (trust me i know :) ) is that if a match does not go the distance, ALL bets on that match will be voided

madten
10-30-2004, 09:42 PM
sorry guys.......why I don't have any cash??? how can I get it??

athie
12-13-2004, 12:25 PM
I really didn’t want to have to trawl through the entire thread so apologies if this has already been answered.
Apart from the main ATP tour events will betting be available on Challengers etc….?

wtn_amanda
12-13-2004, 06:17 PM
We have no plans to extend vBetting beyond the ATP events and Davis Cup in 2005.

bad gambler
12-13-2004, 07:34 PM
keep it simple...i like it :yeah:

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-04-2005, 06:34 PM
so the vCash isn't reset for the new year? I think, new year, new race, new cash!

Pea
01-07-2005, 10:31 PM
I don't like the odds determining how much I should win.:sad:

Éowyn
01-08-2005, 03:46 AM
so the vCash isn't reset for the new year? I think, new year, new race, new cash!

thats what i thought they should have done, or at least count it from peoples starting poinst coz otherwise this years winners will be identical to last year coz they have so much more than us to gamble to begin with.

bad gambler
01-08-2005, 03:53 AM
but for those that are interested in career v-cash that would be a major disadvantage!

Leena
01-08-2005, 04:11 AM
I'm the worst player with $1.

My advice is to never bet all your money. That's all.

The Spinner
02-09-2005, 12:07 AM
HI there! OK let's give it a try !

Rgds to all tennis fans!

The Spinner :devil:

Jesselacey
02-14-2005, 11:08 PM
Can you bet accumulators or just singles with v cash??? Thank you

wtn_amanda
02-15-2005, 02:22 AM
Just single matches at this time.

Jesselacey
02-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Amanda, what has happened to my v cash, becuase I was on about v625 and then it went to some ridiculous figure like v239593493943943 and now it has re-set and im on v500???

winner100
02-22-2005, 07:35 AM
Excellent Excellent idea and I am already looking forward to topping the leaderboard soon :devil:

bad gambler
02-22-2005, 07:49 AM
:rocker2:

El Legenda
02-27-2005, 09:56 PM
here is some advice...im sure bad gambler will back me up on this

BET ALL YOU GOT ON LJUBO...then when he is in the final and he plays Roger. thats when u stop betting on Ljubo...but till FINAL ALL OF IT....the guy is a sure thing lol..

katulampa
02-28-2005, 07:03 AM
May I play?

Filipo
03-02-2005, 04:25 PM
i want to ask wtn_amanda what's happening with the winner at the end of the year. i jumped from 23rd to 2nd place and my appetite become hihg :)
Thanks !

Peoples
04-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Could someone explain handicap and the "amount of games" type of betting to me? :)

Filipo
05-05-2005, 09:44 AM
thats what i thought they should have done, or at least count it from peoples starting poinst coz otherwise this years winners will be identical to last year coz they have so much more than us to gamble to begin with.
take it easy, Eowyn. this year i'll force amanda to reset the points at the end of the year. the score of the first :worship: will be too high to reach it in 2-3 years ahead !!!

NATAS81
05-05-2005, 09:44 AM
lol

Confident, are we?

You know you will blow it all-in on Federer/Nadal.

Nobody can win every match.

You were bailed out my Amanda snoozing on the job once, but don't count on it happening repetetively.

Filipo
05-06-2005, 10:46 AM
there is no way to bet all my money. vCash is so much, that without my pending bets, my balance won't be under 100 K.
so, yes - i'm confident :)
it will become such a time, when on "Bet Statistics" page will see only one name - Filipo.
i'm betting not only for Federer & Nadal. i broke some records with Coria & Agassi this week. today another one will be broken, again with Coria. today is my birthday :) seriously !!!

10-08-2005, 10:38 PM
I am trying to understand how I go about vbetting, but I'm getting no where trying to figure out where I go to place a bet. Could someone please help me? Thanks.

peteslamz
10-17-2005, 05:10 PM
What does the "F" behind the odds of Monfils means? and does the decimal numbers that are enclosed in the parenthesis means anything?

Example:

Gael Monfils 9/25 F (0.36)
Christophe Rochus 12/5 (2.40)

willrock
11-01-2005, 11:04 AM
I am just wondering why I only got 50$ when I registered at MTF.
On wtaworld I had got 500$ when registering... :confused:
I just would like an explanation, it's not a complaint.
Indeed when I reach 500$, it'll be a great achievement :lol:

Nymeria
11-01-2005, 12:39 PM
If I am right they changed the number of vCash you get from 500 to 50, coz I have noticed all newbies have only 50 (and I can't believe they all bet rightaway :p). Prolly this has osmething to do with the change in vCash system which were made not too long ago. When did join on wtaworld? Before the changes in the vCahs system?

willrock
11-01-2005, 12:50 PM
I joined MTF just 1 month after registering on wtaworld. I guess the changes were made during this month :bigcry:

Nymeria
11-01-2005, 01:08 PM
I can't remember when those changes were made, but indeed it was in that period I think :o

Hola Mr. SK
12-18-2005, 01:06 PM
:bigcry:hey,man,its unfair!!! born with only $50??
its sooooooo discouraging & annoying...:sad:

TheEternalVortex
02-24-2006, 02:37 AM
Yes, my measly $50 is disappointing.

theexpress
11-15-2006, 09:19 AM
I only get $50 to start with, don't get it?

lleytonluver2005
01-04-2007, 09:05 PM
I just lost all my money on a bet that lost, how do i get it back

belco
01-06-2007, 02:03 PM
I just lost all my money on a bet that lost, how do i get it back

everytime you post u get v$1

oz_boz
01-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Brief Introduction
So you think you can accurately predict who the winner(s) of tennis matches will be, who will win the big tournaments each week and when the favourites will lose? Now you have the chance to prove it! vBetting is the ultimate sports betting online simulation that can be played everyday on MensTennisForums.com.

About vCash
Each MensTennisForums.com member is automatically credited with $50 worth of vCash (virtual cash) to spend in our vBetting shop. Each day we will add new markets where you can bet vCash on winners of the days matches, tournaments and other specials. Bet on a winner and your stake will be returned to your vCash account, plus the winnings.

About The Odds
Different odds are offered on each outcome. The most likely outcome is given a short price, whilst the least likely outcome (i.e. Tim Henman winning Wimbledon :D) is priced with more generous odds where you can win more virtual money.

For example:
Roger Federer to win Wimbledon might be priced at 2/1
This means for every $10 you bet, you win $20 profit in vCash + your stake back IF Roger Federer wins Wimbledon. Total return: $30. Any other outcome would be settled as you losing $10.

Tim Henman to win Wimbledon might be priced at 20/1
This means for every $10 you bet, you win $200 in vCash + your stake back IF Tim Henman wins Wimbledon. Total return: $220. Any other outcome would be settled as you losing $10.

Track Your Bets/Winnings
You can keep a check on your progress by visiting the vBetting shop online at the following address:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/vbookie.php
(This link is also accessible from the GAMES menu on every MensTennisForums web page)

From this page you can see historical bets, wins, losses and current virtual bets yet to be settled. The vBookie also lists the current markets open where you can bet, closed and settled.

Your vCash
Your current vCash account position is displayed in every post you make on MensTennisForums.com - with a link to the vBetting shop. The amount shown will not include any bets you currently have in progress (that is, bets that have not yet been settled by us).

Amass a fortune and you'll impress everyone.... lose all your vCash and people might start questioning if you really know what you're talking about. So be careful. :)

Shouldn't the return in this case be 210?

I have 10, I place the bet, now I have 0. Odds 20/1, I win 200 + my bet back. Should be 210.

02-01-2007, 03:22 AM
Have the rules changed? You used to could bet more than once on the same Match. I placed one bet on a Match and the message said I couldn't bet anymore on that Match :confused:

superhoops
02-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Will there be betting on the matches themselves in davis Cup or just the overall tie as it is at the moment,

scarecrows
02-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Have the rules changed? You used to could bet more than once on the same Match. I placed one bet on a Match and the message said I couldn't bet anymore on that Match :confused:

yes, there was a bug in the system and some users took advantage by betting many times on the same player having money reduced only once from their total
I know it sucks when you want to bet twice on the same match but at least this way we avoid getting fooled by Jerry Seinfeld

Will there be betting on the matches themselves in davis Cup or just the overall tie as it is at the moment,

I dont have time to do them now
I hope Belco does them when he wakes up

superhoops
02-08-2007, 06:15 PM
ok.

tiptopdaisy
02-10-2007, 10:29 AM
no bets for DC doubles ?

:wavey:

belco
02-11-2007, 04:26 PM
sorry i didnt have time... and last day and half we didnt have power :help:
Powerpole fires all over the suburbs :rolleyes: half the city was out at one stage :lol:

anyway im sick as a dog and i been at work for 10 hours :bigcry: im going into bed to die.. if i wake up ill add some matches in the arvo

:wavey:

tiptopdaisy
02-12-2007, 04:09 PM
no bets for today :confused:

johnnylad
02-13-2007, 10:47 AM
or today??? (tuesday AM)

scarecrows
02-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Stevo hast been around to open the forums :shrug:

us poor employees can do nothing if the boss doesnt open the office

belco
02-13-2007, 01:36 PM
:lol:

steve did ask me to do something for him :p

ive just been too busy to complete my task

madmanfool
02-14-2007, 12:20 PM
when are you going to settle Davis Cup, Belgium-Australia?

scarecrows
02-14-2007, 12:21 PM
when are you going to settle Davis Cup, Belgium-Australia?

just did it ;)

I thought my colleagues had done that already :p

Magus13
02-15-2007, 12:26 PM
I've been registered for a few months and had around 300 vcash. Never bet or anything and one day last week was down to 1. What happened and why?

belco
02-17-2007, 05:23 AM
Could it be possible that some posts/threads of urs have been deleted without 'you knowing'

when a mod deletes a post/thread it deducts a fair amount off ur total

superhoops
02-19-2007, 01:52 PM
VBetting for monday matches?

Klaas_nalbandian
02-20-2007, 09:07 PM
hmmm I lost some vcash without betting

scarecrows
02-20-2007, 09:08 PM
hmmm I lost some vcash without betting

maybe 1 or more of your posts were deleted

or 1 thread started by you was merged with another

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-27-2007, 08:54 AM
Hello,how to play the Handicap Vbetting? :bigcry: I don't know what are "R. Nadal -3.5 Games 4/5 F" and "M. Baghdatis +3.5 Games"!

belco
02-27-2007, 02:17 PM
in a nutshell it just means Baggy gets 3.5 games head start...
End of the match count all the games add 3.5 to baggy and if he has won more games he wins :) if not nadal wins..

Bagelicious
02-27-2007, 06:59 PM
How come we can no longer access the v-betting forum by clicking on v-cash?

belco
02-28-2007, 05:01 AM
How come we can no longer access the v-betting forum by clicking on v-cash?

i didnt notice that until u mentioned it :) it must have been taken away since the upgrades many many many months ago

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-01-2007, 02:14 PM
in a nutshell it just means Baggy gets 3.5 games head start...
End of the match count all the games add 3.5 to baggy and if he has won more games he wins :) if not nadal wins..

Thanks for the explanation. :D Now I know how to play and I win some bets! :woohoo:

belco
03-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the explanation. :D Now I know how to play and I win some bets! :woohoo:

Nole was +7 games today.. thats a total banker but i didnt have time to make the bet :(

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-03-2007, 04:57 AM
Nole was +7 games today.. thats a total banker but i didnt have time to make the bet :(

:hug::hug::hug:

lunahielo
03-04-2007, 09:31 PM
No v betting for the Las Vegas men's final? :confused:

belco
03-06-2007, 03:05 AM
No v betting for the Las Vegas men's final? :confused:

:sad: i was not around :sad:

MaryWalsh
03-07-2007, 12:38 AM
i'm new. What is the smallest amount you can bet? Can I bet one dollar?

belco
03-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Yes u sure can :) Matches starting tomorrow from Indian Wells

MaryWalsh
03-07-2007, 12:49 AM
Thanks. I am going to do it!

belco
03-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Thanks. I am going to do it!

good luck :hug:

The_Nadal_effect
05-30-2007, 07:42 AM
I lost $ 400 in V-cash for reasons that are a total mystery. Now, my number of posts to V-cash ratio is totally out of proportions. I'm going to try some luck here.

callitasicit
05-30-2007, 10:19 PM
I want to do some V betting for tomorrow's games, where are the lines???

scarecrows
05-30-2007, 10:25 PM
I want to do some V betting for tomorrow's games, where are the lines???
here
http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=767

mashamaniac
06-29-2007, 07:28 PM
sorry how can i play this vCASH or Vbetting?? i never know what should i do,guess the winner of event or the winner of each match daily?

belco
06-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Hello mashamaniac :)

Usually everyday (if we're not busy) we will open up matches with REAL odds for betting. You need to predict the correct winner and put vcash on them. If the player you bet on wins, Your a winner :) If he looses... well i can let you guess ;)

You don't need to bet on every match or bet every day. The choice is yours :) The bets will close at the stated times when you click on the market :)

To get to the betting page click this link

http://www.menstennisforums.com/vbookie.php? You may also click on the vbookie link on the right hand side (new skin) or up the top (old skin)

From time to time we have other betting options such as set betting, combos, outright winner and doubles matches. If you are unsure about the bet, the rules about it will be in the post below the betting section :)

Happy vBetting and good luck!

mashamaniac
07-01-2007, 11:54 PM
thanks belco for takin' off your time and describing everything to me;
just one more thing i don't know,
how can i put vcashes on my bets?
i mean in which currency or which scale?
i.e. 100$ or 1000$??
and do i get paid any vcashes if my bet's correct?

belco
07-02-2007, 02:07 PM
If u bet v$100 on a match and the player wins u get ur v$100 back plus ur winnings when we settle the bets :)

By visiting this link: http://www.menstennisforums.com/vbookie.php? will show you the open events for betting :) Just click on a link (player vs player) or on the betting info link for the match. :)

glomasterg
10-08-2007, 08:52 PM
How you cancel a bet? I bet on a match twice on the same person by accident. Too much lag on this site. Thanks

belco
10-09-2007, 03:23 AM
How you cancel a bet? I bet on a match twice on the same person by accident. Too much lag on this site. Thanks

Not possible sorry :) lets hope they win for you :)

10-12-2007, 05:14 AM
Not possible sorry :) lets hope they win for you :)
Hi belco :wavey: Since we get so little v-cash any more I can't keep enough of it to bet :sad: I start doing well and building up some v-cash then I make a wrong bet and I'm wiped out. Since it was one of my favorite things to do here at MTF I don't come around much any more. But I'm sure I'm not missed :p

belco
10-15-2007, 06:11 AM
Hi belco :wavey: Since we get so little v-cash any more I can't keep enough of it to bet :sad: I start doing well and building up some v-cash then I make a wrong bet and I'm wiped out. Since it was one of my favorite things to do here at MTF I don't come around much any more. But I'm sure I'm not missed :p

im sure ur very missed :hug:

10-16-2007, 04:30 AM
im sure ur very missed :hug:
:awww: Thanks belco :hug: I just miss the "good old days" when we got those Bonus V-Cash awards :rolleyes:

belco
10-16-2007, 04:46 PM
:awww: Thanks belco :hug: I just miss the "good old days" when we got those Bonus V-Cash awards :rolleyes:

:sad: i never saw those days :p

10-17-2007, 04:46 AM
:sad: i never saw those days :p
I'm sorry I forgot to check your membership date. Well you will have to take my word for it then. It was great :D You could get a lot of money that way which helped to make up for any betting mistakes. Now if you mess up betting you don't have any v-Cash to bet with :sad: I just checked your membership date it is the same as mine :lol: I guess you didn't have an upgraded membership and I did :p

belco
10-17-2007, 05:30 AM
I'm sorry I forgot to check your membership date. Well you will have to take my word for it then. It was great :D You could get a lot of money that way which helped to make up for any betting mistakes. Now if you mess up betting you don't have any v-Cash to bet with :sad: I just checked your membership date it is the same as mine :lol: I guess you didn't have an upgraded membership and I did :p

i signed up in sept but i didnt start using it til start of 2006. Took so long to authorise the account so i forgot about it :lol:

10-21-2007, 03:36 AM
i signed up in sept but i didnt start using it til start of 2006. Took so long to authorise the account so i forgot about it :lol:
That is funny :lol: You know it took a long time for my membership to be approved also, however, my poster name was correct-Mae, but the flag for me came up for a Middle Eastern Country and the site said I was a male :eek: Can't you just see a Middle Eastern man using the name Mae :rolls: :haha:

FNT
03-11-2008, 03:42 AM
I registered in January, got some vCash (I guess), haven't made a single bet and now I'm in the red. How come? I just found out about this vbetting thing a few minutes ago.

richttaylor
05-18-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm curious about my balance being in the negative as well.

Any way out of the red so I can bet on matches again?

Aurora
05-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Can't we have the weekly rankings back?
Can't be so hard for a moderator to track these stats...

Would be nice to see some more than those 10 Überrich Highriskbetters and the moving up and and down each week.

dunlopkickserve
04-17-2009, 12:42 PM
So are our credits the amount of VCash we have?

Aurora
01-10-2012, 02:15 PM
gosh, it's quiet in here

mreccentric
08-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Guys, How about starting a new thread where we can chat about out daily vBets? Like how much we won, how much we lost, upon whom we take risk, so whom you want to win, etc.,

Let the thread name be like: 'The vBet Chat'.

Jimnik
10-10-2012, 05:38 AM
vBookies, where are you?

I WANT TO GAMBLE.