Props to Andy for a great final (from a Fed and Marat fan) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Props to Andy for a great final (from a Fed and Marat fan)

Tennis Fool
07-04-2004, 05:17 PM
I have to say my respect for Andy has increased, like Roger's respect for Andy. His game has become better at net, and Roger couldn't just land the ball at his feet like he did last year. He's mentally tougher. Best Slam final without any strangness (like the FO final).

Andy said he tried to throw the kitchen sink at him, but Roger just upped his game. Too good. :D

Havok
07-04-2004, 05:20 PM
he said Roger went to the bathroom to get the tub to throw at him :haha: was a good match, im glad it was a tough one and not a blowout

tangerine_dream
07-04-2004, 05:22 PM
Classic Andy quote: "I threw the kitchen sink at him and he went to the bathroom and got the tub." That's going on our list, Naldo. :haha:

Thanks for your comments, TF. :hug:

Tennis Fool
07-04-2004, 05:23 PM
I don't think Fed got the joke (English translation).

Neely
07-04-2004, 05:24 PM
I'll subscribe that... :clap2:

Tennis Fool
07-04-2004, 05:24 PM
Thanks Tangerine. Now if you older Roddick fans could just reign in da kidz :o

J. Corwin
07-04-2004, 05:47 PM
I loved that kitchen sink and bathroom tub quote too lol. Classic.

Ace Tracker
07-04-2004, 05:49 PM
I was mostly impressed with the fearless way he was hitting the backhand most of the times...

faboozadoo15
07-04-2004, 05:51 PM
yea, he's really improved a lot of small things, which are the most important when you are a top level tennis player. he doesn't melt down like he used to, his backhand is more consistent, and he returns at levels way higher than he had been.

Hingie
07-04-2004, 06:09 PM
I was extremely impressed with his return of serve. I don't think I've seen him return the ball so well before, especially off the backhand.

merle
07-04-2004, 06:28 PM
Yeah, I was impressed by his returns too!! But after the 2nd rain delay for some reason his forehand wasn't as amazing and flawless as it was at the beginning! In the 1st set Roger didn't know what had hit him LOL!

RonE
07-04-2004, 07:07 PM
I was extremely impressed with his return of serve. I don't think I've seen him return the ball so well before, especially off the backhand.

Yes, he has pretty good reach, and why not? He's a big guy.

What I found even more impressive about his game was the way he hit his backhand during the rallies- deep, and with a lot of *oompf*- and the variation- crosscourt, down the line, and also quite a few passing shots on the B/H side- definitely a HUGE improvement in the Roddick arsenal.

tangerine_dream
07-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Thanks Tangerine. Now if you older Roddick fans could just reign in da kidz :o

Sorry, TF. I don't have any control over the trolls around here. :)

Gonzo Hates Me!
07-04-2004, 07:30 PM
I have to say my respect for Andy has increased, like Roger's respect for Andy.

don't worry, the post-match excitement will soon simmer and your respect level will decrease back to normal

andyroxmysox12191
07-04-2004, 07:33 PM
:hug: to TF. glad you saw the good side :)
my respect for roger has grown a lot as well. i've always thought he was a great player but sometimes he kinda got annoying to me (lol) but my respect for him has grown. :D
the sink/tub line was a classic :haha: couldn't stop laughing :rolls:

Jennay
07-04-2004, 07:34 PM
Both of them played a GREAT match, Roger just stepped it up another level on key moments. Congrats to him :)

About that Andy comment, LMFAO. Awesome :worship: