Sticky in GM for livestreams? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Sticky in GM for livestreams?

martine2
05-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Could we get that?

Now tips about livestreams are spread everywhere and don't reach the people.

I think many posters would appreciate to have a sticky :D

Neely
05-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Wouldn't be a big problem if more members want to see that. We just need to be careful not to end up with half a first page of stickies in the future.

Sunset of Age
05-04-2008, 06:53 PM
I fully support the idea of making a sticky Livestream-thread. I've currently seen requests (and answers) for livestreams posted throughout the whole of MTF - in the scoring threads, in gambling threads, in the players' cheering threads as well as in GM so I think it would be a nice idea as in that case everybody would immediately know where to look for them.

Jimnik
05-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Good idea. Too many new threads have been started for this, and not just in GM.

Regarding the existing sticky threads in GM, I think one or two of them are unnecessary. The Updated Rankings thread and ATP Race to Shanghai could be merged. Also the request for bloggers isn't important.

shotgun
05-04-2008, 09:29 PM
I proposed this idea a while ago when I still was a GM mod, the problem is that a few of these livestreams infringe copyright laws so we figured that maybe giving too much exposure to such threads could cause the site a few problems in the future.

Sunset of Age
05-05-2008, 04:23 PM
I proposed this idea a while ago when I still was a GM mod, the problem is that a few of these livestreams infringe copyright laws so we figured that maybe giving too much exposure to such threads could cause the site a few problems in the future.

Ah yes, I understand this might indeed be a problem. Thanks for the explanation. Too bad...

Deboogle!.
05-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Considering WTAWorld's issues lately, I'd advise against making the livestreams any more conspicuous than they currently are