Brand of Overgrip Matter? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Brand of Overgrip Matter?

ThizServe
05-03-2008, 06:12 PM
i was putting a wilson overgrip on my head racquets but it was too short to fill the whole grip from top to bottom. do you have to get the same brand of overgrip for your racquet for it to work or did i just put it on all wrong.

p.s. ive tried it 3 times and they all turned out the same way.

GlennMirnyi
05-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Some points to consider:

1- you don't have to fill the whole grip, just where you grab the grip. I'm a one hander so I barely need more than half of the grip.

2- it has nothing to do with the brand of the grip. It's more about which grip you're using. The same brand usually has more than one kind of grip.

3- it has also to do with the size of your grip.

4- it has do to with your "overgrip-applying technique". :p

I use only the tournagrip because I sweat too much, and it never fills the whole grip. I use a 4 3/8.

gaz
05-03-2008, 10:00 PM
you could try pulling the grip tighter to make it longer as you apply the grip

jazar
05-05-2008, 08:33 PM
some brands inconsiderately make their overgrips slightly short. but most likely, you arent wrapping it tightly enough

jumi
05-07-2008, 06:05 AM
maybe u've got an oversized racquet..? I play w/ Babolat Pure Control OS and I have to buy grips fir oversized racquets, cause the grip is longer. Of course, u dont have to cover the whole grip w/the overgrip, but it looks nicer:)..i use either babolat or prince overgrips.

ThizServe
05-10-2008, 08:17 PM
thanks for the responses. i have a two handed backhand so i need to fill up the whole grip. how do you know if the overgrip will be big enough to fill it all by just looking at the package

gaz
05-12-2008, 10:47 PM
You Don;t Unless It Is An Xl Grip I Know Babolat Do One I Do Not Know About The Other Brands Sorry...........

Gillespie
05-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Tournagrip is the only one that usually comes out short. I use Yonex Supergrap (which is the exact same thing as the Wilson Pro) and I usually end up with 15 cm extra, even on long-handle Yonex racquets.