*Wimbledon 2004: Federer Or Roddick? VOTE!* [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

*Wimbledon 2004: Federer Or Roddick? VOTE!*

Micca
07-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Sorry guys! I forgot to add the poll options on my other thread :o Really stupid ;) But anyway: Who will win Wimbledon 2004: Roddick or Federer? Vote here! I don't know if I can vote, but if I can I vote for Roddick, because he's really talented and he serves REALLY hard! He's not my favourite, but in the final he is ;) So feel free to vote! :wavey:

Micca
07-03-2004, 05:54 PM
Ok, so I CAN vote ;) And I immediatly voted for Andy Roddick. Curious if you feel the same way! ;) Good luck!

rulestheworld
07-03-2004, 06:13 PM
I hope it isn't Roddick, especially after he showed what a creep he can be in the semifinals.
Actually, I feel pretty confident that Federer will beat Roddick in 3.

Micca
07-03-2004, 06:24 PM
How do you mean: Roddick a creep? I think Federer is a creep! Not because of who he is, just his face, SCARY!! And what's wrong with Andy Roddick?? He doesn't say anything during the match...Or I'm really blind ( That could be the problem too ;):p )

JJTennisMan
07-03-2004, 06:38 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RODDICK!

He's won the U.S. Open!
Federer won Wimbledon last year.
So...
NOW It is time for RODDICK to win Wimbledon!

Also, Federer creeps me out. He doesn't show any emotion during matches, not even after he wins them. He doesn't even smile 'til he wins a tournament.

P.S. This is my 1st message I posted!

B.T.W.: My favorite player all-time is/was Pete Sampras.

~J.J.

Micca
07-03-2004, 07:01 PM
Agree! I'm not so into Federer, I wanted Guillermo Coria to win, but he has MANY injuries and needs to rest! So GO RODDICK!! :woohoo:

Fedex
07-03-2004, 07:13 PM
Federer may lose more than 10 games, if Rogi is just alittle off. :haha: :haha:. Roger in an easy 3 set match. The score will be 76 60 62

Fedex
07-03-2004, 07:14 PM
Sure Roger dosent show any emotion. :rolleyes: :o If showing emotion means he has to break raquets, have temper tantrums, complain about line calls, then :rolleyes: :retard:

Fedex
07-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Coria will never win Wimbledon Micca. He could possibly win a major on hardcourts, but never on grass.

Aleksa's Laydee
07-03-2004, 07:19 PM
come on andy... dont like ya but dont like federer more ;)

Fedex
07-03-2004, 07:22 PM
BjorkFish, you just dont like Federer because he always beats the crap out of Fish and Jonas :o :retard: :rolleyes: how could you want someone who plays ugly tennis to win a major??

JJTennisMan
07-03-2004, 07:29 PM
Roger in an easy 3 set match. The score will be 76 60 62

Who says it will be a 3 set match? I am hoping for a close 5 setter. How can you be so sure Federer will humiliate Roddick like that? After all, Roddick has ALSO won a Grand Slam, the U.S. Open since last year's Wimbledon. Both players have improved since their 2003 Semifinals Wimbledon match!
Also, take a look at this online Sports Illustrated article @ the bottom:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/jon_wertheim/06/18/seed.report/
See! Ha! He's predicting Roddick to win the match. So I think the match will be close, no matter who wins. I think that you should rethink about your score!

~J.J.

*Ljubica*
07-03-2004, 07:49 PM
Needless to say I want Roger to win. Most people here know I have never liked Roddick's brand of brutal tennis (I prefer a bit of finesse myself), but his display of whining, temper tantrums and cheating this afternoon have put me off him even more - for life :devil: Please, please PLEASE Roger - win this one - you are the better player and by far the better person imo.

JJTennisMan
07-03-2004, 07:58 PM
Roddick has a better serve and he doesn't creep me out. Federer HAS ALREADY WON WIMBLEDON.

GO RODDICK!
IT IS YOUR TIME TO WIN WIMBLEDON!

Fedex
07-03-2004, 08:31 PM
You actually listen to that Jon Worthless!!! :eek: That guy is so full of shit!! :rolleyes: :o :( Last year he predicted a Federer-Agassi wimbly final. WRONG. US OPEN- Federer-Roddick semi: Final :RODDICK vs. Agassi :winner: Agassi. Wrong every time i've read his articles. Roger needs to pound Andy tomorrow, to show that this isnt a real rivalry. The real rivalrys are Federer-Nalbandian (2-5, but won the last 2. Always close matches, Federer vs. Hewitt 5-7 Good rivalry here, but i dont think Hewitt has enough weapons to regularly compete with him anymore. I'm sick of everyone making Fed/Roddick with comparrisons of the greatest rivalrys in the game Like Borg-McEnroe-Connors. :bs: GO ROGI!!!! ALLEZ!!! :woohoo: :banana: :bounce:

JJTennisMan
07-03-2004, 08:57 PM
The real rivalrys are Federer-Nalbandian (2-5, but won the last 2. Always close matches, Federer vs. Hewitt 5-7 Good rivalry here, but i dont think Hewitt has enough weapons to regularly compete with him anymore. I'm sick of everyone making Fed/Roddick with comparrisons of the greatest rivalrys in the game Like Borg-McEnroe-Connors.

Oh... By the way... You're credibility has now been damaged... Let me give you some facts:
Federer is 5-8 against Hewitt, not 5-7. Also, you forgot to mention Federer vs. Agassi, their head-to-head is tied @ 3. Oh... Looks like Gustavo Kuerten is beating Federer 2-1... Too bad Fed. has played him on grass... What about Federer being 2-6 against Henman, huh? I also believe Federer couldn't beat Patrick Rafter, ha ha... He went 0-3 against him. Federer hasn't beaten Dominik Hrbaaty And finally, the biggest factor:

Oh, yeah Ancic beat Federer in the 1ST ROUND of Wimbledon. RODDICK BEAT ANCIC NOT ONCE, BUT TWICE AS OF NOW and he's 2-0 against him...

So don't think Federer can beat everyone... Because I got news for you... He still hasn't...

As for Roddick vs. Federer... Just watch (Roddick's strong serve... If he aces a lot, I think Roddick will win.)

Fedex
07-03-2004, 10:59 PM
He wont get many aces. Last year Federer kept him to 4. I expect him to keep Roddick under 10 aces, while Federer himself should have no problem getting 15-20 aces. As for Federer Hewitt, its 5-7 on the ATP website, so thats what i'm going by. I've lost count how many times i've had to say this :( :rolleyes: Those other head 2 heads are irrelavent. Federer whould certainly beat Ancic now. And Hrbaty. Where the fuck did you pull that out of?? :o :confused: He lost in the tournement along time ago, so again, absoulutly no relevence to what i'm saying.

Fedex
07-03-2004, 11:03 PM
You want to bring up more meaningless bullshit head2heads :o :bs: heres some more for you :) :bigwave: Roddick: 1-5 against Federer, 1-3 against Henman, 0-4 against Haaas, 1-2 against Youzhny, for a combined total of 3-14. My he seems to have problems with all court players, possessing single handed backhands.

Neely
07-04-2004, 12:18 AM
my prediction: Federer will win this shit in three sets.
(my 2nd prediction would be: Federer in 4 set)

If Roddick's serve is not in at a higher percentage than against Ancic (under 50%), Federer will get (at least) one break every set.
Also, presumed Federer will not be off target with his shots, Federer will convert break points and chances what Schalken, for example, missed to do.

As much as I like Andy's HUGE serve and his powerful game, and also the way that he shows emotions on the court (if bad or good), which Federer does hardly ever (okay, he was a bit relaxed in the last game against Bogdanovic, he even smiled :eek: mark this day red in your calender! Federer smiled during a running game and exchanged a few funny words with Bogdanovic to the other side!), I also like to watch Federer's beautiful game and I think that his overall class and ability will most very likely win over Andy's style. Andy can win against about 98% players on grass with his game just OVERPOWERING his opponents with his artilery, but Roger is not among these 98%; he's part of the other 2%.

tennischickola
07-04-2004, 12:28 AM
Roddick all the way...Goooo Andy~!

Kell~

SaFed2005
07-04-2004, 01:16 AM
Go Roger...

spikeys_girl
07-04-2004, 10:29 AM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RODDICK!

He's won the U.S. Open!
Federer won Wimbledon last year.
So...
NOW It is time for RODDICK to win Wimbledon!

Also, Federer creeps me out. He doesn't show any emotion during matches, not even after he wins them. He doesn't even smile 'til he wins a tournament.

P.S. This is my 1st message I posted!

B.T.W.: My favorite player all-time is/was Pete Sampras.

~J.J.

I COULDNT AGREE WITH U MORE. federer's game annoys me because its as if he plays like a machine. no emotions, but even his shots are like a machine. it doesnt look like he plays tennis, it looks like he was set to win the game, and that's what is gonna happen. while roddick plays tennis as if he really loves. he decides what shot he wants to play, he really feels the tennis. hes human, so he also makes mistakes, but watching his game is more fun than watching federer's game. im not trying to be mean or anything. i think federer is very dangerous and has a huge chance of winning wimbledon, but i just dont really enjoy watching his game. that's my opinion. u can agree, or not agree. but anyways, we'll soon know who will be the 2004 Wimbledon Champion. I hope it will be Andy Roddick.

spikeys_girl
07-04-2004, 10:35 AM
come on andy... dont like ya but dont like federer more ;)

hahah nice one!

MissPovaFan
07-04-2004, 11:59 AM
Roger Federer to win I feel.

Micca
07-04-2004, 12:05 PM
Why not Roddick? He deserves it too!

MissPovaFan
07-04-2004, 12:33 PM
Yep Roddick is class but I feel Federer has the all round game but I think we should all accept that the winner is THE best player in the World. :cool:

BeadierPS14
07-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Fedex...I think you are just as stupid as "Jon Worthless"...you talk too much crap and you're point of view is obscured coz you're a die hard Federer fan.

mitalidas
10-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Also, Federer creeps me out. He doesn't show any emotion during matches, not even after he wins them.
~J.J.

Did you turn off the TV just as he finished winning Wimbledon 2003? Not enough emotion? Roger? JJ, Please.

ps. a Pete lover myself