Roddick will win the final [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roddick will win the final

hitchhiker
07-03-2004, 03:34 PM
roddick is only 3-4 sets away from making me a lot of money and making a lot of you look like fools

one thing i promise you is that i got the pies made, they are in the oven and throwing at face will be pleasure, i can not wait for sunday when some of you will be laughed at

unlike last year all pressure on federer to win and roddick can take it easy, slip under the blanket and just let his 140 mph serve take care of business. federer has had it to easy and once roddick takes out a close first set the train will fall off track and go under cliff

roddick will be mega pumped and will take this one 7-6 7-6 3-6 6-4

i just put yet another $500 on him to win the final after seeing what the donkeys offered as price

p.s roddick to defend us open title as well and finish year end #1 for second straight time

see you all later, you bring faces, i will bring pies

Shy
07-03-2004, 03:37 PM
Roger has had it easy? Hewitt and Grosjean in great form that is not what I call had it easy.

hitchhiker
07-03-2004, 03:39 PM
easy as in he has been able to win first set each time easily, wont happen against the american

USA USA USA

Fedex
07-03-2004, 03:42 PM
Ignore this Fucking troll!! :mad: :banghead: :( Youre starting to piss me of HH. :fiery: :fiery:

Aleksa's Laydee
07-03-2004, 03:44 PM
i'd never think i'd say this but come on ANDY!!!

LCeh
07-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Tell you what hitchhiker, no matter if Roger win or lose, I will be right here on Sunday afternoon. You, I am not so sure. Maybe we will never see the great hitchhiker make another post after Sunday morning... :rolleyes:

hitchhiker
07-03-2004, 03:48 PM
Maybe we will never see the great hitchhiker make another post after Sunday morning... :rolleyes:

why wouldnt i come and gloat over roddicks victory after so many people said he has no chance against federer?

LCeh
07-03-2004, 03:50 PM
why wouldnt i come and gloat over roddicks victory after so many people said he has no chance against federer?

:worship:

Freddi22cl
07-03-2004, 03:51 PM
easy as in he has been able to win first set each time easily, wont happen against the american

USA USA USA

hey pal. Roger has more talent and a lot more grace than Andy. If Andy's serve is off he will get steamrolled, just as he did a yr ago in straights to the World number 1 Swis machine. Incidently, Mr.U.S.A.....Andy's record vs Roger career? 1-6.......ouch! now that's no way to treat an American is it?

:)

¿esquímaux?
07-03-2004, 03:51 PM
:lol: I hope Federer wins because I really like watching his smooth & fluid game. :D Roddicks game is a little jerky lookin' to me :unsure:

hitchhiker
07-03-2004, 03:53 PM
Roger has more talent and a lot more grace than Andy.

wont argue with that but as i said 2 weeks ago, roddicks power will crush feders talent

If Andy's serve is off he will get steamrolled

it wont be

just as he did a yr ago in straights to the World number 1 Swis machine.

roddick was nervous and had to much pressure on him, now roles are reversed, the pressure is getting to roger

Incidently, Mr.U.S.A.....Andy's record vs Roger career? 1-6.......ouch! now that's no way to treat an American is it?

will be meaningless when andy wins their biggest match by far, a slam final

joeb_uk
07-03-2004, 03:55 PM
his 140mph serve, is gonna be the only thing that will harm roger! is that enough to beat roger?

Freddi22cl
07-03-2004, 03:57 PM
hitch, lol!!!!.......we shall see. Gotta love those arrogant Americans. Incidently, Serena just got killed,lol. The once powerful U.S.A doesn't even have ONE dominant player on either tour now!!....wow.....and soon only 1 player in the top 10 in men's tennis.......in free fall........oh well....

hitchhiker
07-03-2004, 03:57 PM
joeb, combined with roddicks improving return of serve and the deadly forehand i think its enough to beat roger

AND I AM NOT RYAN

Tennis Fool
07-03-2004, 03:58 PM
To borrow from Mary: Andy is soooooooo going to lose tomorrow. Especially after his tough SF.

Fedex
07-03-2004, 03:58 PM
You cant beat Roger with a huge serve alone. You need a complete game to have a chance, and Roddick dosent have that. I expect Roger to break Andy 3-5 times, and not concede serve once.

Freddi22cl
07-03-2004, 03:59 PM
You cant beat Roger with a huge serve alone. You need a complete game to have a chance, and Roddick dosent have that. I expect Roger to break Andy 3-5 times, and not concede serve once.

talent wise these two aren't close. Andy is a brute, painful to watch play tennis.

hitchhiker
freddi.......notice how sharapova escaped from the communist country to become better tennis player and where she go.........to america of course

i would rather someone feminine like sharapova win anyway compared to gorilla serena

Havok
why aren't people ignoring this :scared:

hitchhiker
07-03-2004, 04:01 PM
why aren't people ignoring this :scared:

because they know i am correct

andy will win, at least i have guts to bet money

Freddi22cl
07-03-2004, 04:01 PM
freddi.......notice how sharapova escaped from the communist country to become better tennis player and where she go.........to america of course

i would rather someone feminine like sharapova win anyway compared to gorilla serena

lol, that's nice. But you folks have any talent on the mens' junior or womens' junior on the horizon? lol, dont even mention D Young, now there's a mess....LOL!!!!.....keep supporting all that young Russian talent. Thanks!!

Havok
07-03-2004, 04:03 PM
talent wise these two aren't close. Andy is a brute, painful to watch play tennis.
everyone is painful to watch to someone, depends on your taste

hitchhiker
07-03-2004, 04:04 PM
lol, that's nice. But you folks have any talent on the mens' junior or womens' junior on the horizon? lol, dont even mention D Young, now there's a mess....LOL!!!!.....keep supporting all that young Russian talent. Thanks!!

man your from canada, please stop talking about tennis talent. your only top 50 player of generation ran of to play for england

Freddi22cl
07-03-2004, 04:07 PM
man your from canada, please stop talking about tennis talent. your only top 50 player of generation ran of to play for england

yeah, but i'm not the one coming off as a smart ass. Incidently, waht happened to Andy at The Aussie Open? was he nervous there too?....hmm, didn't Fed crush Marat in straights?.....hmm.....hehe

Havok
07-03-2004, 04:08 PM
Ignore.:)

dylan24
07-03-2004, 04:25 PM
well i got a lot of money on federer to win wimbledon and he is going to cash my ticket.

Bilbo
07-03-2004, 04:27 PM
One of those patriotic Americans.

Ignore this asshole. Andy will get his ass handed to him and you my friend will be out of here.

Fedex
07-03-2004, 04:28 PM
One of those patriotic Americans.

Ignore this asshole. Andy will get his ass handed to him and you my friend will be out of here.
:worship:

Hingie
07-03-2004, 04:38 PM
People this isn't about freaking American tennis, so let's not try to dig so low for insults now. This thread could have been an interesting prediction thread, but instead it's arrogantly displayed and full of boastfulness. The sad part is, there is nothing to be boastful or arrogant about. The problem with Roddick is that his serve is the only thing that can harm Federer. Off the ground, Federer has a better backhand, a better forehand, a better volley, better movement, I can go on and on but that would be pointless. Roddick can win it no doubt, he has the power, but Federer has the more complete game and the better grasscourt game. One thing that people have not commented on is that Federer reads the ball better than anyone else in the world. He has the best return of serve in the men's game. Have you guys ever noticed how he can face the big acers of the tour and stop them? He did it against Roddick and Phillipousis last year, he did it against Karlovic. He completely shut down the Grosjean serve. It's not because these guys have bad serving days against Federer, it's just because Federer sees the ball so well. He gets it back in play, and then the rally starts over again and we all know how much of an advantage Federer has once the rally gets started. It's great that you are so confident in Roddick that you'll be willing to place money on him, and I wish him the best of luck tomorrow, but so many things are against him at this moment. Roddick's only chance would be to serve incredible well and hope that he keeps acing Federer, and take the match to three tiebreaks and win in those tiebreaks. Either way, I'm really really looking forward to tomorrow's match.

little duck
07-03-2004, 04:44 PM
I would definitely like Roger to win wimbledon, because he deserves to be more than "wimbledon and australian open champion", and he needs it this year - he needs to be double wimbledon champion. There aren't many players who won Wimbledon more then once, and all of them were great legends. Buy defending Wimbledon crown Roger would finaly proove that he is one of them.

Pea
07-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Will you still be posting if rodduck loses badly?

WyveN
07-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Will you still be posting if rodduck loses badly?

Of course he wont. This is a troll that scores 4 out of 10 on the troll-o-meter and I am surprised so many people have responded. If hh is here if Roddick loses then I will read what they have to say.

Elranzo
07-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Roddick wins in 4
7-6 (5) 7-6 (3) 6-7 (12) 6-4

If the tie break with leyton was any indication, roddicks gonna pound through any he has with federer. Leyton doesn't even have a decent serve, and you wanna put fed Ex up against roddicks bludgeoner? Yeah right. Roddick wins in 4.

Hingie
07-03-2004, 11:35 PM
The difference between Hewitt and Roddick though is that Hewitt is much quicker and runs down many more balls, thus he was able to stay in more rallys with Roger. If Roddick gets into rallys with Roger, I would say Fed wins about 70-80 percent of those rallys. Plus, Roger Federer is by far the best returner of serve as he reads it so well. I predict that Roddick hits less than 10 aces. Does anyone know how many aces Roddick hit against Federer last year in Wimbledon and at the year end champs?

Shy
07-03-2004, 11:48 PM
Roddick wins in 4

If the tie break with leyton was any indication, roddicks gonna pound through any he has with federer. Leyton doesn't even have a decent serve, and you wanna put fed Ex up against roddicks bludgeoner? Yeah right. Roddick wins in 4.
See, Roger had not much problem with big server like Roddick while he has more trouble against baseliner like Hewitt or Nalbandian. You can't compare a tiebreak between Hewitt and Roger to Andy and Roger. I think that Andy can win if Roger serve is off a little like in Montreal. Otherwise, I don't see how Andy can win.

moonlight
07-04-2004, 12:17 AM
Does anyone know how many aces Roddick hit against Federer last year in Wimbledon and at the year end champs?

2003 Wimbledon Semifinal
Andy 4 aces, Roger 17

2003 Houston Masters Cup Semifinal
Andy 5 aces, Roger 12

Fedex
07-04-2004, 12:30 AM
Welcome Elranzo :) Looks like you've intended to join the elite league of trolls :haha: :haha: Andy has the same simple strategy against Federer everytime. Hit big serves, go for aces, hit his strokes as hard as he can. Problem is it never works. I guarentee you'll see Roddick doing more running tomorrow, which already puts him at a disadvantage. Hewitt is a guy that will never go away. Thats why some love him, others hate him for it. He is alot more mentally tough then Andy is, and will fight till the final point is played. Whereas you cant say the same thing for Roddick. If Andy losses the 1st set, he'll get rolled in three. Its all over for him if he losses the 1st set.

Leo
07-04-2004, 12:48 AM
People this isn't about freaking American tennis, so let's not try to dig so low for insults now. This thread could have been an interesting prediction thread, but instead it's arrogantly displayed and full of boastfulness. The sad part is, there is nothing to be boastful or arrogant about. The problem with Roddick is that his serve is the only thing that can harm Federer. Off the ground, Federer has a better backhand, a better forehand, a better volley, better movement, I can go on and on but that would be pointless. Roddick can win it no doubt, he has the power, but Federer has the more complete game and the better grasscourt game. One thing that people have not commented on is that Federer reads the ball better than anyone else in the world. He has the best return of serve in the men's game. Have you guys ever noticed how he can face the big acers of the tour and stop them? He did it against Roddick and Phillipousis last year, he did it against Karlovic. He completely shut down the Grosjean serve. It's not because these guys have bad serving days against Federer, it's just because Federer sees the ball so well. He gets it back in play, and then the rally starts over again and we all know how much of an advantage Federer has once the rally gets started. It's great that you are so confident in Roddick that you'll be willing to place money on him, and I wish him the best of luck tomorrow, but so many things are against him at this moment. Roddick's only chance would be to serve incredible well and hope that he keeps acing Federer, and take the match to three tiebreaks and win in those tiebreaks. Either way, I'm really really looking forward to tomorrow's match.

Finally a sane and accurate post in a sea of insults and stupidity! :worship:

Leo
07-04-2004, 12:55 AM
Roddick wins in 4

Roddick may seem to win more tiebreaks than Federer in general, but Federer doesn't need to win sets in tiebreaks. He actually breaks serve with some regularity. Anyway, the fact that Federer leads the tiebreak record against Roddick 5-1 (or something like that) is no fluke; thus, your prediction that Roddick will win in 4 sets, including two tiebreaks, is extremely unlikely.

As has been stated countless times already, huge serves don't get the job done against Federer. And even if his first serve was to be a major weapon against Federer, there's still the issue that Roddick isn't even getting those first serves in! He had a horrible first serve percentage against Ancic, and while he was able to get away with it in this semifinal match, Federer will certainly make him pay if he serves that poorly on Sunday.

akin
07-04-2004, 01:15 AM
Roddick is going to win big tomorrow. The missiles that Andy will throw at him will really hurt his so called talent. I go for A-Rod man...he is the best!!

papasmurf11
07-04-2004, 01:24 AM
Well I think its going to be tight. Im an Andy fan and I believe its possible for Andy to win I mean he did it once. But I wouldnt be telling the truth if i said I thought Andy was better and no doubt will win! I just hope he plays his best and puts effort into it and we will see what happens.

Fedex
07-04-2004, 01:34 AM
Roddick is going to win big tomorrow. The missiles that Andy will throw at him will really hurt his so called talent. I go for A-Rod man...he is the best!!
Those Missles have never hurt him before, and never will :rolleyes: :o I am so eager for the final already. I cant wait to see a full Roger match. Will have been only the 2nd. :o :eek:

Ginger
07-04-2004, 01:37 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :armed: :armed: :armed: :explode: :explode: :scared: :scared: :wazzup: :retard:

rulestheworld
07-04-2004, 01:52 AM
Look, the only way Roddick could ever win this match is if he cheated again. But even then...
Roddick's serve is no match for the Federer return and without a serve, Roddick's got zippo. The only players that have given Federer any trouble have been quick and scrappy, like Hewitt and Grosjean. No one in his right mind can tell me Roddick is a good mover.
Roger will win in three.

papasmurf11
07-04-2004, 01:54 AM
Look yo never know I dont think everybody should be so sure i think if Andy is at the top of his game he has a good chance of winning. I mean Federer is a better player but it is possible.

Corey Feldman
07-04-2004, 01:58 AM
Look, the only way Roddick could ever win this match is if he cheated again. But even then...
Roddick's serve is no match for the Federer return and without a serve, Roddick's got zippo. The only players that have given Federer any trouble have been quick and scrappy, like Hewitt and Grosjean. No one in his right mind can tell me Roddick is a good mover.
Roger will win in three.

ahem ahem, dont forget henman whos 6-2 v the federal express :woohoo:

WyveN
07-04-2004, 01:58 AM
What is this about Federer being poor in tiebreaks? he is at 11-2 for the year in TB

papasmurf11
07-04-2004, 02:00 AM
hahah Give up on Henman Escude! :mad:

Goenitz_196
07-04-2004, 02:02 AM
Everyone forgets about Henman. The guy has some serious potential. It's just a shame he keeps losing his bottle at the most critical moments...remember the Canas match in the Aussie Open?

As for Federer vs Roddick, I couldn't care less on who wins, but I'm sure Roddick has learned a lot from his last defeat to him at Wimbledon 2003 SF, and he'll know what to do. Federer in 4 sets.

papasmurf11
07-04-2004, 02:03 AM
Henman has potential but people have been saying it for years and were has it got him? Not to the finals!

Corey Feldman
07-04-2004, 02:34 AM
hahah Give up on Henman Escude! :mad:

behave papasmurf! i think andy and tim are friends, they always hug after tim beats him :lol: :) , so as tim owns federer :p then maybe andy and brad can call henman and asks for tips or advice...if so, and roddick was to win the final, then ud be thankful for henman wouldnt you papasmurf?? :lol: ;)

papasmurf11
07-04-2004, 02:38 AM
Um no because i doubt Andy would call Henman but nice try escude. I guess the closest henman would get to the finals is through helpin Andy which wont happen! lol

Corey Feldman
07-04-2004, 02:41 AM
that trophy will have timothy henry henman's name on it 1 year.....will! :mad: :)

papasmurf11
07-04-2004, 02:43 AM
umm no I dont think so hes getting pretty old I think a heart attack will come first! :p ;)

Pea
07-04-2004, 03:40 AM
rodducktrolls are on force tonight.:o

Leo
07-04-2004, 04:18 AM
Look yo never know I dont think everybody should be so sure i think if Andy is at the top of his game he has a good chance of winning. I mean Federer is a better player but it is possible.

Yes, but Roddick hasn't been at the top of his game all tournament long, IMO.

Billabong
07-04-2004, 04:37 AM
LOL at hitchhiker :lol:!

rue
07-04-2004, 04:49 AM
What is this about Federer being poor in tiebreaks? he is at 11-2 for the year in TB

That is not a bad tie break by the way and Roger is going to come out on top tomorrow. I would love to see him do that and show why he is a great champion and the world number one. Also because he is my favorite player.

hitchhiker
07-04-2004, 04:55 AM
we all know this match going to be close and roddick better handle close sitution

Fumus
07-04-2004, 05:53 AM
I knew HH would be back for the final awww yea!!! Let's rock, and HH if he loses, ert, rather, when he loses, change your SN as I did as join the forums to learn about tennis and contribute, also like me!

Fumus
07-04-2004, 05:58 AM

Ooo yea, and Agassi, Ancic, Nalbandian, Guga(lol)..etc etc, there's no one type of player that troubles Roger. If one plays there game better than another on a given day they win. Andy must out play Roger, or Roger must play below his ability and get outplayed, I bet on the ladder but know both are not too likely. Sure an upset is possible but that's why they call them upsets. Most of the time the person who is supposed to win, does, if they didn't then it wouldn't be an upset. Roger in 3.... :sad:

-sOfia-
07-04-2004, 06:17 AM
its like..power vs. grace..or i mean it is..

i go with the grace..:worship:

RonE
07-04-2004, 09:10 AM
In a way, I think this is THE most important match of the year- this is to settle who will be at the pinnacle (maybe not in term of ranking yet but in terms of achievement). Whoever wins between the two will be the current holder of two grand slams- if Federer wins he will remain the current AO and W champ, if Roddick he will be the current W and USO champ, so a lot at stake here.

I'm just really happy that the nos 1 and 2 seeds are finally playing each other in a grand slam final- those are the matches that are really interesting. If I'm not mistaken, I think the last time the 1st and 2nd seeds have met in a grand slam final was at the 2000 AO when Agassi (1) beat Kafelnikov (2).

The head-to-head between Rog and Andy is something to consider- 5-1 for Rog, however in a situation like this I don't think either of them will be thinking about it too much.

By the way, that one time when Roddick did beat him last year in Montreal- did anyone see that match? What actually happened in that match?

Bilbo
07-04-2004, 06:17 PM
we will see hitchhiker never again :) what a loser

dylan24
07-04-2004, 06:19 PM
he bet his last dollar on roddick.
lol

Chloe le Bopper
07-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Hitchhiker and his cousin whatever it's called will be back next time, don't worry

*Ljubica*
07-04-2004, 06:41 PM
I almost feel sorry for Hitchhiker - almost but not quite :p

WF4EVER
07-04-2004, 06:49 PM
Everyone forgets about Henman. The guy has some serious potential. It's just a shame he keeps losing his bottle at the most critical moments...remember the Canas match in the Aussie Open?

As for Federer vs Roddick, I couldn't care less on who wins, but I'm sure Roddick has learned a lot from his last defeat to him at Wimbledon 2003 SF, and he'll know what to do. Federer in 4 sets.

Henman reminds me somewhat of Justine Henin, who, as her losses vs Venus got greater, decided that she needed to make the necessary changes to beat the Big Babes. It turned out that while she was pre-occupied with Venus et al, people whom she should not have lost to were beating her in the interim.

henman may have the edge in h2h on Roger but Roger has three Slams, 2 of which are Henman's greatest dream. Roger may be Henman's bitch but He's getting screwed in other places himself.

WyveN
07-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Hopefully HitchHiker had to sell his computer to pay off the gambling debt when he bet on Roddick lol

Tennis Fool
07-04-2004, 07:29 PM
:lol:

Dirk
07-04-2004, 07:38 PM
:lol: Great one Wyvern.

Mrs. B
07-04-2004, 08:54 PM
Hopefully HitchHiker had to sell his computer to pay off the gambling debt when he bet on Roddick lol

:haha: he has to eat his words now so he won't go hungry.

Freddi22cl
07-04-2004, 08:55 PM
this hitchhiker moron is longgggg gone.....

SaFed2005
07-04-2004, 09:04 PM
LOL... He'll prolly be back with another name

Pea
07-04-2004, 09:09 PM
Ahhhh................can't wait for the US Open!:):haha:

Ginger
07-04-2004, 09:15 PM
Well... I predicted an easy win for Hewitt, :devil: an easy win for Roddick, :devil: ... I predict too that I will be a millionnaire tomorrow :devil: and that Bush and Saddam will play golf together tomorrow! :devil: :devil: I'm good at predictions that can't come true... :devil: and I like making them... :devil: :devil:

Congrats to both players... :worship: It was (finally) an exciting match :worship: Roddick's game improved a lot since last year... :worship: and Federer showed he has good and solid nerves... and a great game :worship:

:devil: :devil:

Shy
07-04-2004, 09:20 PM
I think that the first set Andy play superb , but his level start to drop in the third set.Except from the tiebreak, I would say that Roger wasn't at his best. He is lucky today.

Dirk
07-04-2004, 09:22 PM
Take a look at the stats in the Fed Forum then take a look at them per set. You will see over all Rogi played very cleanly in the 2nd set and onward. He just made mistakes and Andy played great at the wrong times for Federer. This test will only make Rogi stronger and Rogi will work on his S&V game more he said.

rue
07-04-2004, 11:46 PM
I think that it was good for Andy to put pressure on Roger even though I so badly wanted Roger to win it. He really was pushed to play his best tennis and also he showed us just how mentally tough he has gotten in the last couple of years. I am really happy about that and am proud of him for showing it out there and pulling off a win in the end.

Fedex
07-05-2004, 01:52 AM
Yes, Dirk, after seeing Andy thread backhand passing shots past Roger, he should definatly work on his S&V game. ;)

mitalidas
07-05-2004, 02:01 AM
I think there is too much emphasis being given to the fact that roddick did not convert on the six break points in the fourth set. Rogi had many breakpoints (3 in the 3rd game) of the first set, and he could have converted those as well. And if he had, who knows, he might have taken the First set on a TB.
These whatifs are not just on roddick's side to see if he could win. Ultimately, you have to bring your best tennis when it counts and if you dont you lose. And, you did.

Billabong
07-05-2004, 02:23 AM
Hitchhiker, where are the pies :p??

Action Jackson
07-05-2004, 01:20 PM
I think hitchhiker has hitchhiked away and is eating some humble pie somewhere.

*SKYE*
07-05-2004, 01:24 PM
lol.... but it was ne ones game.... wasnt it a top match but

RogiFan88
07-05-2004, 02:27 PM
Roddick may seem to win more tiebreaks than Federer in general, but Federer doesn't need to win sets in tiebreaks. He actually breaks serve with some regularity. Anyway, the fact that Federer leads the tiebreak record against Roddick 5-1 (or something like that) is no fluke; thus, your prediction that Roddick will win in 4 sets, including two tiebreaks, is extremely unlikely.

As has been stated countless times already, huge serves don't get the job done against Federer. And even if his first serve was to be a major weapon against Federer, there's still the issue that Roddick isn't even getting those first serves in! He had a horrible first serve percentage against Ancic, and while he was able to get away with it in this semifinal match, Federer will certainly make him pay if he serves that poorly on Sunday.

V good analysis, Leo! v true! ;)