SF: Battle of the 5 O'Clock Shadows. Will a day save Ancic? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

SF: Battle of the 5 O'Clock Shadows. Will a day save Ancic?

Tennis Fool
07-03-2004, 02:45 AM
Mario had a break point when play was called due to the rain. He was really having a hard time with the windy conditions and it seemed to have an effect on his concentration. Anyone know the forecast for tomorrow? Do you think better weather can save him in the match?

Also, just a question about Ancic. "Mario" isn't a Croatian name. Where did he get it?

Port_Power
07-03-2004, 02:51 AM
Mario is playing good solid tennis, had a few chances to break roddick in both the sets, it will depend on how he handles the big points.

Goenitz_196
07-03-2004, 03:27 AM
Hmm...he needs to get the break point of Roddick first when the match resumes...

UrbanG
07-03-2004, 03:29 AM
Actually Mario is a common name in Croatia.

tennis_spider
07-03-2004, 03:33 AM
A.Rod will serve bombs & match will be over in 3 sets.

Havok
07-03-2004, 04:36 AM
I'm pretty sure Andy will serve up an ace and clean up his serve much more than he was earlier today.

J. Corwin
07-03-2004, 04:39 AM
I'm confident Andy will save bps against his serve and will win in straights.

davor_suker
07-03-2004, 05:37 AM
Mario is a common Croatian name.
I believe this delay will be a real blessing for Mario, as he seemed to be losing concentration and was missing easy 2nd serves from Roddick. Hopefully we will see what happened with Goran in 2001 against Tim Henman (Goran getting totally smacked my Tim and then coming out after the delay and winning it)

Auscon
07-03-2004, 05:45 AM
I hope he can break back

He's a much better player to watch than Roddick, so if he does go down, Im hoping it wont be in straight sets

Lalitha
07-03-2004, 06:52 AM
Yeah, I hope he breaks back too. Atleast one of the Semi's has got to be a bit exciting.

chris whiteside
07-03-2004, 07:28 AM
Mario had a break point when play was called due to the rain. He was really having a hard time with the windy conditions and it seemed to have an effect on his concentration. Anyone know the forecast for tomorrow? Do you think better weather can save him in the match?

Also, just a question about Ancic. "Mario" isn't a Croatian name. Where did he get it?

Forecast for today (Saturday) is less wind but showers although not so frequent so they should be able to have a lot more play.

But what a strange decision to pull them off court at that point, which could be pivotal. The rain had NOT started. The momentum in that game seemed to be with Ancic but surely it would have been fairer to both players to have played the next point so that they could have begun again with a new point or deuce?

Neely
07-03-2004, 07:42 AM
I believe this delay will be a real blessing for Mario, as he seemed to be losing concentration and was missing easy 2nd serves from Roddick. Hopefully we will see what happened with Goran in 2001 against Tim Henman (Goran getting totally smacked my Tim and then coming out after the delay and winning it)
I agree with you that Mario will certainly not be too unhappy about the delay as he was clearly far from his best form what he can show us. He didn't play really well and made too many easy mistakes.
Maybe he comes out different today, finds his game and plays better.

But, on the other hand, I also see that Roddick's 1st serve in this match so far was just at 47%. On an average and "normal" day, Roddick has between 60 and 65% 1st serves in.
So, it may not only help Ancic to play better, but also Roddick could catch a "better" day concerning his serve percentage.

Ruski
07-03-2004, 07:57 AM
How unlucky... having a break point chance and the match called off due to the rain!!!!

I believe Mr.Roddick will serve an ace and save that break point when the match resume!!!! :o