Wimbledon security detained a journalist with a knife [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Wimbledon security detained a journalist with a knife

alfonsojose
07-02-2004, 09:49 PM
The man said "he needed it to work" :scared:

This is from ESPN (Spanish web site)

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/story?id=244163

alfonsojose
07-02-2004, 10:00 PM
Translation .. google + few corrections

Wimbledon security arrested an credited journalist when he tried to pass a "great knife" into the tournament

LONDON (EFE) -- Wimbledon security employees arrested an credited journalist when he tried to strain in the match a "great knife" that took within his bag.

A police spokesman confirmed they stopped the subject Wednesday at night, with accreditation of press, when he tried to enter the All England Club through door 13 and when the security employees reviewed their properties.

The man alleged that he needed this knife "to work", excuse that was not accepted, so they took him to a local police station to be interrogated.

Later, the police left him in freedom, after admonishing it.

BaselineSmash
07-02-2004, 10:39 PM
He was released then?

Leo
07-03-2004, 05:10 AM
Great excuse to carry a deadly weapon. Right up there with "my dog ate my homework."

Fedex
07-03-2004, 05:27 AM
Scary :scared: I wonder what his intentions were.

Gonzo Hates Me!
07-03-2004, 05:33 AM
Great excuse to carry a deadly weapon. Right up there with "my dog ate my homework."

HAH! :lol:

Lalitha
07-03-2004, 06:45 AM
Unfortunately this reminds me of April 30, 1993.

Chloe le Bopper
07-03-2004, 06:49 AM
You remember my eleventh birthday?

trixy
07-03-2004, 11:53 AM
:eek:

tennischick
07-03-2004, 01:01 PM
was it Damir?

Lynne
07-03-2004, 04:39 PM
was it Damir?

LOL!!
That journalist was released just like that??Scary.... needed that to work?? He must be crazy!!

SanTaureau Fan
07-03-2004, 04:49 PM
A lot of people are just strange. Maybe he didn't realize it would cause a problem going at Wimbledon with the knife. He might use his knife to cut paper.

|-Safin_Coria-|
07-03-2004, 04:53 PM
he would be pretty dumb if he didn't think it'd cause any problems
that IS really scary!

SanTaureau Fan
07-03-2004, 04:56 PM
I think we've proved more than once than a lot of journalists are dumb.

|-Safin_Coria-|
07-03-2004, 05:00 PM
I think we've proved more than once than a lot of journalists are dumb.
hahaha, yeah, you're right

YoursTruly
07-03-2004, 05:02 PM
Scary stuff. The thing is, everyone sometimes sees groups of journalists as just this thing, like this wall that is just there, and it's normal. This situation changes things! Could it have been possible that a disaster was to happen this week to someone or even a player like what happened to Monica?? I hope not! I'm glad that the news was that "someone was caught" instead of "something happened." :eek:

Lectric
07-03-2004, 10:42 PM
Wow you guys are pussies, You know a knife is a tool, the only reason he was "taken" was because he said "its for work". Many people including myself carry a knife. :rolleyes:

BTW I registered just to post this, I didn't realize tennis players are scared of a knife :devil:

Frommage A Trois
07-03-2004, 10:45 PM
Maybe he used to the knife to cut some cheese or his lunch.

alfonsojose
07-03-2004, 11:29 PM
Wow you guys are pussies, You know a knife is a tool, the only reason he was "taken" was because he said "its for work". Many people including myself carry a knife. :rolleyes:

BTW I registered just to post this, I didn't realize tennis players are scared of a knife :devil:

:rolleyes:

Ask Monica Seles about this, genious. Who are u? Gunter Parche's son :smash:

Leo
07-04-2004, 01:05 AM
Maybe he used to the knife to cut some cheese or his lunch.

Judging by your name and this post, you must be a fan of cheese. But, you know, a plastic knife would work just as well if this was his real intention. ;)

SanTaureau Fan
07-04-2004, 01:49 AM
:rolleyes:

Ask Monica Seles about this, genious. Who are u? Gunter Parche's son :smash:

Huh? He was right, a knife is only a tool. Besides almost any object can be used to attack someone. A phone can be a "deadly weapon". It's not because someone has a knife that it means he wants to stab someone.

I don't understand why some people are being melo-dramatic, when we know nothing about the guy who was arrested. If police would have found anti-Federer poems in his room I would understand, but it's not the case here.

Besides, if someone really wants to physically harm a player, he'll be able to do it, with a knife or without it.