question about wtaworld?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

question about wtaworld??

Ballbuster
07-02-2004, 05:10 PM
what's up with Wtaworld?? I post there one time and I think I got banned.
I had to log off to view the page and I had four red dots next to my post.

Here's the thread I posted in
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=122154

All I said was "I too would like to know the answer to this"
sorry I don't know how to make this link.
Please just paste it into the address bar and then reply

Ballbuster
07-02-2004, 05:47 PM
bump, someone at least view my thread :embarrasingly sad:

Gonzalo81
07-02-2004, 06:05 PM
It was me, but didn´t what to say.......:scratch::shrug:

tall_one
07-03-2004, 05:13 AM
what's up with Wtaworld?? I post there one time and I think I got banned.
I had to log off to view the page and I had four red dots next to my post.

Here's the thread I posted in
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=122154

All I said was "I too would like to know the answer to this"
sorry I don't know how to make this link.
Please just paste it into the address bar and then reply
I can't imagine that they would ban you for making just one post, especially since you didn't even start the thread.
Have you been banned from wta world before?

Ballbuster
07-03-2004, 07:45 PM
I can't imagine that they would ban you for making just one post, especially since you didn't even start the thread.
Have you been banned from wta world before?

No that was the first time I ever posted on wtaworld. But yesterday I created a new account, BelgianSandwich, and I got banned again. But this time, before i got banned I saw bad reps by JollyRoger and Johnybosley, some mean Serena fans.

Aleksa's Laydee
07-04-2004, 10:06 AM
yeah sometimes it is, i don't know why you got banned, people arent as nice as they are on here but no need to ban you after 1 post and like you said before you'd even posted!

CooCooCachoo
07-05-2004, 08:02 AM
Well, looking at your 'location' the other day, I think it's only sensible they ban you. You need to be aware that there are young posters here as well, and some of your posts are just plain rude.

tall_one
07-06-2004, 01:27 AM
No that was the first time I ever posted on wtaworld. But yesterday I created a new account, BelgianSandwich, and I got banned again. But this time, before i got banned I saw bad reps by JollyRoger and Johnybosley, some mean Serena fans.
Well if you get banned once and then go and register again and they catch you it is suppose to mean a lifetime ban (although they seem to change their minds on that sometimes) so it isn't suprising that you got banned the second time.

I couldn't find any of you posts for BelgianSandwich, what did you say?

You MIGHT be able to pm Amanda here and ask her why you were banned :shrug:

Ballbuster
07-06-2004, 01:40 AM
Well if you get banned once and then go and register again and they catch you it is suppose to mean a lifetime ban (although they seem to change their minds on that sometimes) so it isn't suprising that you got banned the second time.

I couldn't find any of you posts for BelgianSandwich, what did you say?

You MIGHT be able to pm Amanda here and ask her why you were banned :shrug:

nah, don't worry about it, I can still read the threads on wtaworld, just can't post. But i don't find the forum as near informative or interesting as this one's so it doesn't matter. I said serena looked ugly in one thread, but I also said some good things about venus in that post, anyway I probably still got bad repped by serena fans thinking i was racist (they seem to do it a lot there).
You might be right on that lifetime ban, cause my first post as BelgianSandwich was quoting the gbpgbp02 post and saying, "why did I get banned for this." Anyway, do the admins always ban, or can you get bad-repped off, cause that's what I think happened. My location wasn't the same as it was here as Coocoo suggested. Didn't Lina get bad-repped off, or did Amanda ban her?

Ballbuster
07-06-2004, 01:42 AM
speaking of lifetime bans, was hitchiker really that RealityRyan guy some were talking about, or was that just speculation

tall_one
07-06-2004, 02:13 AM
as far as i know you can't be bad repped off, but Amanda would know for sure

I don't know who banned Lina, but she was one of those who used another name while she was banned and they still let her back on, so they don't really seem to have any set rules

I have no clue if HH is RR, but he sure is annoying as anything.
The only person that could tell if HH is RR is Amanda

star
07-06-2004, 02:29 AM
Deb says HH is not RR. She can tell from the writing style. I was suspicious too, but she is pretty certain he is not. :)

tall_one
07-06-2004, 03:17 AM
I sure wouldn't be able to tell, I never paid enough attention to RR :lol:

Ballbuster
07-06-2004, 03:37 AM
how would amanda tell if HH is RR? through ip address? Anyways, if amanda's the head hauncho at wtaworld too, i don't see how i could be banned. I was actually trying to keep up a good rep there. If amanda is there, why have i not been banned, warned, slapped with a "code violation".... Look, Coocoo even went :topic: to dis me in this thread. There are a lot of people here that don't like me, not sure why i'm still here and not at wtaworld. ........anyways why was Lina banned anyway, all she did was troll, she didn't curse like a lot of posters or throw out a lot of brash insults like i do

tall_one
07-06-2004, 07:31 PM
how would amanda tell if HH is RR? through ip address?
yup
Anyways, if amanda's the head hauncho at wtaworld too, i don't see how i could be banned. I was actually trying to keep up a good rep there. If amanda is there, why have i not been banned, warned, slapped with a "code violation"....
They are a lot more strict on wta world than they are here, plus there are tons more moderators of wta world than on MTF so your posts are more likely to be read by an administrator/moderator. I can only think of 2 moderators/admin on this board (although i'm sure there is more) so they only way someone seems to get in trouble is if someone reports a post
anyways why was Lina banned anyway
I have no clue what the final straw was, she was anyways saying things just to get a response so I assume that they just got sick of her attempts to start fights.

Ballbuster
07-08-2004, 10:13 PM
BUMP, \
speaking of bans, did anyone notice that a guy named G.O. had been banned? does anyone know why? I think it might have been because he called our female posters ugly hos in that groupies thread