Federer cannot be beaten... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer cannot be beaten...

henree
07-02-2004, 03:32 PM
Mary Carrilo made a statement to Serena after her demolition of Capriati. She said that the only person who could beat Serena is Serena. And Serena as cocky as ever agreed.
I think the above statement applys to Federer as well. I haven't seen Federer play in a while, but it is scary how to see him in play. He is perfect in every category except volley. And the astonishing thing is, is that I think he has improved since the Aussie Open. The man has no coach and he is getting better. The only way Federer can lose this sunday is through nerves and or a mental lapse in a key situation. Or pretty much beat himself with errors and being off of his game. His opponent would have to be able to hold serve and pray to get lucky in a tie break situation. That is why I think Roddick has the best chance to at least make this a competitive final. Wouldn't it be more exciting if we had a final that goes to 5 sets with both opponents having their highs and lows. Each player in the trenches trying to grind out a point. If Ancic makes it to the final it will be another routine thrashing. Ancic is too green, and has nothing to take on Federer. The win in 2001 was a lucky fluke.
Even though it is almost impossible to think that someone other than Federer will hold up the Championship trophy, I at least want his opponent to make him work for it...
;)

WyveN
07-02-2004, 03:36 PM
He is perfect in every category except volley.

LOL, no he isn't.

And the astonishing thing is, is that I think he has improved since the Aussie Open. The man has no coach and he is getting better.

I dont think Federer has reached his peak yet, will be interesting to see how good he can get.

The only way Federer can lose this sunday is through nerves and or a mental lapse in a key situation.

Or Ancic/Roddick could serve very well and win the match in tiebreaks or perhaps a lucky break of serve.

Or pretty much beat himself with errors and being off of his game.

Could happen.

If Ancic makes it to the final it will be another routine thrashing. Ancic is too green, and has nothing to take on Federer. The win in 2001 was a lucky fluke.

A straight sets thrashing is never a fluke.

papasmurf11
07-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Any player can be beaten.