Sebastien Grosjean interview... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Sebastien Grosjean interview...

pinky
07-01-2004, 10:18 PM
ROFL, this is the most stupid interview i saw in a long time... official wimbledon interview after his match yesterday!!! It is so empty i wonder if they left two third of it out or something...

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2004-06-30/200406301088629476516.html

---

THE MODERATOR: Please.

Q. We're still two matches away from something pretty special, but as you know, Andy has a court in his backyard. Have you ever been invited to play on that court?

SEBASTIEN GROSJEAN: In Boca?

Q. Yes.

SEBASTIEN GROSJEAN: I think we never played together in his home, but we played together in Boca.

Q. At Evert's?

SEBASTIEN GROSJEAN: Yeah, Evert we play a few times.

Q. How long would it take you, if you set out from your home to drive to Andy's house? How long would it take?

SEBASTIEN GROSJEAN: Which home? His home or his parents'?

Q. His home.

SEBASTIEN GROSJEAN: It's like, I don't know, seven minutes, eight minutes.

Q. Would there be anything special about two neighbors, a young man from the south of France and a kid that grew up in Omaha, Nebraska, playing in the final of Wimbledon together?

SEBASTIEN GROSJEAN: I don't know something special. But just special to play the final, that's it. He's not French. Even if we live close together, he's not French. More special, you know, to play the final here in Wimbledon than to play against Andy.

Q. You haven't played Roger in three years. You beat him a couple of times. It'sancient history. How do you size up the match against him?

SEBASTIEN GROSJEAN: For sure he's the best player on the tour. Especially on grass, he didn't lost a match since last year. But against him, I have nothing to lose. Now in semis, everything can happen. I have to try to play, you know, aggressive and to enjoy the match on the court.

We will see the result

naiwen
07-01-2004, 10:53 PM
Yep, same as Ancic's.
Why is it so short compared to Roger's, Andy's and Hewitt's?

Leo
07-01-2004, 10:56 PM
Because no one cares about those damn nobodies in the semis. Duh.

David Kenzie
07-01-2004, 11:56 PM
or maybe because they're not from an english speaking country ? Duh.
Roger is an exception as he is naturaly talented, even for foreign languages ;)

Hingie
07-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Why did they keep asking him about Andy? It's like, his interview is short enough to begin with, and half of that is taken up by questions about Andy Roddick.

naiwen
07-02-2004, 12:27 AM

Roger's mom is from South Africa.

Lalitha
07-02-2004, 10:07 AM

It's one of the few things that bothers me in tennis - the way the non-english speaking players are treated.

BaselineSmash
07-02-2004, 02:25 PM
Allez Sebastien! Hope he makes the top eight year-end.