What happened to Federer's coach? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What happened to Federer's coach?

tennyfan
06-30-2004, 12:15 PM
Just curious how long Federer has been coachless and why he got rid of his last coach. I think it's pretty amazing that he's able to do what he does without a coach.

|-Safin_Coria-|
06-30-2004, 12:21 PM
i don't really know anything about this, but heres some semi-random info: his old coach is now with Safin :p

merle
06-30-2004, 12:40 PM
Amazing indeed, tennyfan! Fedex doesn't need a coach anymore!! ;) And yep, his former coach Peter Lundgren is still (?) with Safin, hopefully!

bovenbuuf
06-30-2004, 01:37 PM
well all I know is that Lundgren and Roger ended at the end of last year, it just didn't work anymore.. and some say that it had to do with Rogers gilrfriend.. but that is never confirmed..

Mrs. B
06-30-2004, 02:55 PM
Here's what Roger said about the breakup with Lundgren:

"After the US Open I started to feel that it was just not the way it used to be and the way I wanted it to be," he said, "and I spoke to him and told him that for me it felt very strange and he said the same. The communication wasn't the same, so after Houston [the Masters] - actually I had decided before Houston. It was very hard to tell him, 'That's it', but at the same time I think it was a great end to our relationship."

note also that they are still on amicable terms. upon winning the AO and being no. 1, Roger got in touch with PL and thanked him.

Gonzo Hates Me!
06-30-2004, 03:05 PM
well all I know is that Lundgren and Roger ended at the end of last year, it just didn't work anymore.. and some say that it had to do with Rogers gilrfriend.. but that is never confirmed..

Mirca the angel! Someone fill me in!

I think Safin should go coachless as well... maybe, in a strange twist, he will do finally better without one as well

CarnivalCarnage
07-01-2004, 12:35 AM
Mirca the angel! Someone fill me in!

I think Safin should go coachless as well... maybe, in a strange twist, he will do finally better without one as well

He pretty much is. ;)

|-Safin_Coria-|
07-01-2004, 12:40 AM
yeah, Lundgren doesn't seem to be having any affect on him...:rolleyes:

CarnivalCarnage
07-01-2004, 02:35 AM
yeah, Lundgren doesn't seem to be having any affect on him...:rolleyes:

Same old Marat to me ...