who do u think is gonna win the US Open? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

who do u think is gonna win the US Open?

spikeys_girl
06-29-2004, 12:04 PM
who do u think is gonna win the US Open? i would say Nalbandian or Roddick.. Hewitt is dangerous too.

Lizan
06-29-2004, 12:11 PM
Sebastien Grosjean!!!!!!!!!!

Aleksa's Laydee
07-04-2004, 10:55 AM
Mardy :inlove: Fish

JJTennisMan
07-09-2004, 05:07 AM
I say Roddick... He won it last year and he's supposed to me a better player than he was last year... So on that Decoturf surface, I'm picking him...

Fedex
07-20-2004, 01:11 AM
Mardy?? :confused: :lol: :rolls: I'd say now with his current slam results he'll be lucky to ever win a major. Sad thing is its not talent he lacks. He lacks other things needed to win a major.

Fedex
07-20-2004, 01:17 AM
Roddick. Certainly a favourite. But he's never had the pressure of defending a major before. All eyes will be on him to defend. And if he has to play Federer in the final, no he certainly wont. You cant expect Federer to have 2 off matches in a row against Roddick. And even then, he only managed a set. This title is Federer's.

bad gambler
07-20-2004, 11:28 AM
i'd say either fed express or hewitt.....hewitt especially looking dangerous given his impressive recent form

jtipson
07-20-2004, 04:50 PM
Hewitt looking more dangerous than Federer or Roddick, when he's just lost to both in the last month?

But I agree he is definitely on the possible winners list.

RonE
07-21-2004, 07:56 AM
My heart says Federer, my head says Roddick, but my gut says Hewitt.

Lalitha
07-21-2004, 11:02 AM
Nice line RonE. :)

I will wait until the draw happens. Now we got more than a month to go.

Fedex
07-21-2004, 11:07 PM
lol, RonE. My heart says Federer, my head says Federer, and my gut says Federer. :lol:

MissPovaFan
07-21-2004, 11:20 PM
Roger Federer

spikeys_girl
07-22-2004, 08:01 AM
i hope the final will be Roddick/Nalbandian. or Roddick/ Hewitt. these two matches should be very fun to watch!

landoud
07-22-2004, 08:04 AM
i wish nalbandian will... but i think it is gonna be federer

Ferrero Forever
07-22-2004, 11:52 AM
excuse me for asking, but why does the poll feature last years runner up, Juan Carlos Ferrero? anyway i voted other.

Ferrero Forever
07-22-2004, 11:53 AM
*doesn't, oops typo

alfonsojose
07-22-2004, 06:22 PM
Rainer :inlove: :hug:

Crazy_Fool
07-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Nalbandian imo.

Fedex
07-23-2004, 05:27 AM
I think, Jaunqui Lover, people have written him off due to his injuries, and very poor play this year. :( :sad: I hope he does well here :) A healthy Ferrero is always a contender on this surface. But based on current form, no, i dont see him winning it. :sad:

esta
07-24-2004, 05:47 AM
I should say andy...and good luck moya^^

RonE
07-24-2004, 09:54 AM
lol, RonE. My heart says Federer, my head says Federer, and my gut says Federer. :lol:

Well, apparently you can keep all your body parts in check.... which is more than can be said for me :o

RonE
07-24-2004, 09:58 AM

Just to add to that- a tingly sensation in my spine whispered to me that Nalbandian will win, but my nose hairs disagreed and they said that Safin will win it ;)

Andrew123
07-25-2004, 08:49 PM
Federer will be US Open champion 2004

My head, heart, and guts say that.

SaFed2005
07-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Federer will be US Open champion 2004

My head, heart, and guts say that.

3 GS in a year... All i gotta say is amazing if that happens... :worship: :worship: :worship:

mario22
07-28-2004, 05:55 AM
I wish Roger Federer wins. :worship:

Cervantes
07-31-2004, 11:53 AM
I hope Roger wins it, but I think Andy will defend his title with the home support.

kandykane
08-09-2004, 05:39 AM
I think, Jaunqui Lover, people have written him off due to his injuries, and very poor play this year. :( :sad: I hope he does well here :) A healthy Ferrero is always a contender on this surface. But based on current form, no, i dont see him winning it. :sad:

Guille's on the poll :D at the moment, Juanqui's got a better chance than Guille, coz Guille's not even gonna be there :rolleyes:

NikeTennis
08-11-2004, 06:33 AM
Federer!

Nalbandian will be lucky to win a match let alone 7 matches.

*SKYE*
08-11-2004, 08:49 AM
roddick....

atx tom tom
08-11-2004, 05:16 PM
think bout it... roddick is playing of hardcourt where he has an edge because it's much faster than grass back in England.. also, it's in the US where there will me lots of support for him.. he is clearly a favorite and Federrer is the second. don't be suprised if Federrer doesn't even make it to the final.

for those of yall who think other people will make it to the final... you're tricking your own mind. the only two actual favorites to win the US Open would be Roddick or Federrer.

Fedex
08-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Um, since when is hardcourt "much faster than grass". :rolleyes: The grass may have gotten slower over the years, but its still the fastest surface out there.

Fedex
08-12-2004, 11:58 AM
And, NO wrong again. :rolleyes: Federer is the favourite in EVERY tournement he enters. Roddick is the sentimental favourite.

atx tom tom
08-12-2004, 02:39 PM
no way, hardcourt is the fastest court availiable... think bout it.. how could a grassy surface even be close to bein as fast as a solid court???

and again, not true, he is a huge favorite, but roddick may be favored over him in the US Open... ur just biased...

lina_seta
08-12-2004, 11:02 PM
whats faster?? off topic!
plus yeah let the polls speak for itself... FEDERER IS ALWAYS FIRST in every "fav" tournament poll... including olympics... whether he wins or not.. well thats another story... but he does have good changes

08-12-2004, 11:14 PM
Hewitt was so good in cincy and plus he isn't goin to athens so he should be well rested. we will have to see how nalbandian has reacted to the injury lay-off. now that coria is out of the picture i would probably say Roddick, Ferrero (providing healthy and confident) or Federer will win... although perhaps we should wait until the final medal-giving ceremony at the olympics before we make any final guesses, eh? :wavey: :D

Fedex
08-13-2004, 12:37 AM
Jesus christ, If people dont even know that a grass court is faster than a hardcourt, then they should not be posting here, claiming to know what they're talking about. :o :rolleyes::retard: If you thought long and hard about it, you'd know why grass is the fastest surface. It is very slick, and slippery, making it faster. and the bounce stays extremly low. There is NO way the USO hardcourts are faster than the grass at Wimbledon. The only surface that might be faster than grass these days, is an extremely quick indoor hardcourt. Man, too bad this isnt in GM, a very productive forum, or you would be laughed off the forum, for claiming a hardcourt is 'faster than a grass court'. But, YES, the USO is a quick outdoor hardcourt, one of the quickest, that will help Roddick, but it will also benefit Federer as well.

Fedex
08-13-2004, 12:41 AM
And, again you are wrong :rolleyes: I am NOT biased. Federer will still be the favourite going into this tournement, because HE is the No. 1 player in the world, AND HE has won 2 majors this year. I remember, clearly, that the bookies, had Federer as THE CLEAR favourite to beat Roddick in the Wimbledon final. If they meet here, at the USO, there will not be much of a difference. Face it, more people are putting money on Federer to win the USO, or any tournement that Federer plays, more than Roddick. Federer will be THE favourite for the USO title, Roddick will be ONE of the facourites, outside of Federer, to take the title. Please, people, think before you post :smash: Lets make intelligent posts here. :o

SomL.
08-13-2004, 10:44 AM
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: Lleyton will be the Champion in US Open 2004 !!!!!! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

RonE
08-14-2004, 12:24 PM
although perhaps we should wait until the final medal-giving ceremony at the olympics before we make any final guesses, eh? :wavey: :D

My thoughts exactly. The Open starts in over two weeks time. A lot can happen between now and then.

RonE
08-14-2004, 06:00 PM
The one thing favouring Andy in the USO against Roger is the home crowd, however if Houston 2003 is anything to go by that wasn't too much of a factor.

The surface used in the USO is slower than the grass at Wimbledon and faster than the hardcourt in Toronto, and Roger beat Andy in both of those events, I'm sure he can take Roddick on in NY.

Having said that, every match is different and if they do meet in the USO, Roddick will be ultra-motivated to beat Federer and will give it his all. But still, you have to see Roger as a clear-cut favourite between the two because of his play this year and style of game and because of the huge psychological advantage he holds over Andy.

Fedex
08-14-2004, 10:48 PM
In all honesty I dont see Roddick making the USO Final. Federer could very well be there, but there are so many other players out there that give Andy troubles like Henman, Nalbandian, Haas, Safin, Andre, that I dont see him getting through. And he just barely did last year. And Ferrero may give us alittle suprise this year at the US Open. The crowds will not affect Roger if he plays Andy. The thing that is cool, if Andy runs into Andre, he cant use the crowd to his affect, as they will be a pro-Andre crowd, and wont put up with his shit. :) Thats IF he meets Andre though. And also, the only time the crowd is for Andy's opponent. I have a strong feeling, Andre will put his foot down here at the USO, by winning it, and showing the new balls, he's still the master.

RonE
08-15-2004, 10:17 AM
I hope you're right Fedex. The one thing I would dearly love to see above all is a Federer-Agassi final. These two have always had great matches, and I still vividly remember how Rogi slaughtered Andre in the TMC final last year :eek:

Fedex
08-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Yeah but besides the TMC Final, and back in the early days when Andre owned Federer, all of their matches have been close. I would love to see this matchup regardless if its a final, but a final meeting is probably extra special. ;) . I love this Rivalry, so close :)

sigmagirl91
08-15-2004, 08:41 PM
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: Lleyton will be the Champion in US Open 2004 !!!!!! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Keep dreaming, hon....

Lady Natalia
08-17-2004, 04:26 AM
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley-flag/smiley-2249.png

Kristen
08-19-2004, 02:41 AM
Alexander Popp!
:yeah:
In my dreams... But seriously, I just hope that he actually plays! I think it'll probably be a predictable final :rolleyes: but I'm hoping not!

Gigan
08-19-2004, 04:33 AM
I wish a final: Agassi vs. Nalbandian.

It would be most beautiful match...
Good luck for both!

dylan24
08-21-2004, 08:48 AM
federer is the favorite obviously. no value on him or roddick in terms of betting
though i bet a lot on federer to win wimbledon this year.
here are my bets on us open outright.
agassi at 17.5/1
hewitt at 14/1
henman at 42.5/1
dent at 100/1
gonzalez at 80/1
fish at 80/1

BaselineSmash
08-22-2004, 10:45 PM

My heart says Grosjean, my head says Agassi, my thumb (not an authority on tennis) says Dancevic, my next door neighbour says Roddick and my gut says "Man, you are going to pay for eating that out of date chicken".

jazz_girl
08-23-2004, 01:45 AM
I wish a final: Agassi vs. Nalbandian.

It would be most beautiful match...
Good luck for both!

Loveyou_longtime
08-23-2004, 11:31 AM
:wavey: does anyone know if the US open will be shown on Australian TV???

Ferrero Forever
08-23-2004, 11:33 AM
hi fellow aussie. I'm not sure, but i think it's on early in the morning. I'm pretty sure it is shown here though. I live in melbourne though, so it might be different in other areas

*Ljubica*
08-23-2004, 11:43 AM
My heart says David - but I really don't think he has any realistic chance at all with all his injury problems. So I will be supporting Roger, and praying that Roddick doesn't defend his title. I actually think Hewitt has an excellent chance of winning this year too.

RogiFan88
08-23-2004, 05:15 PM
Federer the favourite? what about Roddick?? he's the defending champ and won't all the pressure be on HIM??

Fedex
08-23-2004, 10:40 PM
While Roddick may be the defending champ, and the pressure is on him(becuase its in US for one), Federer is still the favourite considering his year, and all the tournements he's won.

Dirk
08-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Federer can waste Andy Pandy on hardcourts any day. I doubt Rogi will have the same condition problems and he will be rested up for this one. He is the favorite. Andy and Andre I don't know who is the 2nd fave. Hewitt is a fave and I would put Moya in there too.

RonE
08-24-2004, 03:48 PM
I would add Nalbandian as one of the favourites but I'm really not sure about his form right now. Anyone know what happened if anything following his withdrawal from the Olympics?

*Ljubica*
08-24-2004, 07:43 PM
I would add Nalbandian as one of the favourites but I'm really not sure about his form right now. Anyone know what happened if anything following his withdrawal from the Olympics?

He has a fairly badly damaged thigh muscle (1cm) and last week said he didn't think it likely that he would be fit enough to play US Open. He hasn't withdrawn yet, because he has already missed Wimbledon and 3 Masters this year, so is trying to train and see how things go. But even if he decides to give it a go, it would seem unlikely that he will go very far as he has only played one ATP match since May :sad: Hope that helps RonE.

RonE
08-24-2004, 08:04 PM
Thank you Rosie. I guess that injury is pretty serious :sad: :sad: :sad:

Hope he gets well soon!

Lalitha
08-25-2004, 11:55 AM
Ah, another of those injuries to him.

Billabong
08-25-2004, 12:08 PM
Hhhhhmmmm I have no idea :confused:!!! It's gonna be tight I think!