Date format [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Date format

Henry Chinaski
04-12-2008, 02:29 AM
Frankly I'm a bit dim and the American date format(MM-DD-YY) always confuses me for a split second especially when searching through old threads

On most forums it's possible to change the date format in your profile settings. There's a "date and time options" section here already but no mention of the format as far as I can see.

It would be a good addition here.

And if it is here already then someone point me in the right direction.

Jelena
04-12-2008, 08:03 AM
Frankly I'm a bit dim and the American date format(MM-DD-YY) always confuses me for a split second especially when searching through old threads

On most forums it's possible to change the date format in your profile settings. There's a "date and time options" section here already but no mention of the format as far as I can see.

It would be a good addition here.

And if it is here already then someone point me in the right direction.
you mean, you have it shown in the American way? :unsure: I have it in the European way (D-M-Y) and never had it in the American way.

*Ljubica*
04-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Like Henry I would love to know how to have the date shown in the European way! Even though I have my time zone set to European time, my date still shows in the American way, - and it drives me crazy! Maybe I'm dim too :o but, like Henry, the US date system comfuses me every time I try and search for something. I once even booked a Hotel online for the 4th December instead of the 12th April :o:lol: because I get so confused by it! Don't worry - I did notice and cancel straightaway though :lol: I've looked everywhere in my Profile and Options pages to find a way to change the format, but I can't see one either.

So - please Jelena - let us into your secret!

Jelena
04-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Like Henry I would love to know how to have the date shown in the European way! Even though I have my time zone set to European time, my date still shows in the American way, - and it drives me crazy! Maybe I'm dim too :o but, like Henry, the US date system comfuses me every time I try and search for something. I once even booked a Hotel online for the 4th December instead of the 12th April :o:lol: because I get so confused by it! Don't worry - I did notice and cancel straightaway though :lol: I've looked everywhere in my Profile and Options pages to find a way to change the format, but I can't see one either.

So - please Jelena - let us into your secret!
Rosie, I don't know the secret. Maybe it depends on the country you have detected in the profile. England for sure uses the american format, I still didn't use a country that uses the american format. :shrug:

*Ljubica*
04-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Rosie, I don't know the secret. Maybe it depends on the country you have detected in the profile. England for sure uses the american format, I still didn't use a country that uses the american format. :shrug:

OK - thanks! Well I can't for the life of me think why they believe that England uses the American date format when we most certainly do not :shrug: In fact I don't think anywhere does apart from the States which makes it even more irritating :fiery: But maybe I'll pretend I live somewhere else and play around until it changes then! Thanks for your help Jelena and hope you are keeping well :hug:

savesthedizzle
04-13-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't think that's it though... because my location is pretty much never America, but the date is always in "my" format. I mean, right now I have Slovakia, and it's still in American format :shrug:

*Ljubica*
04-13-2008, 02:36 PM
I don't think that's it though... because my location is pretty much never America, but the date is always in "my" format. I mean, right now I have Slovakia, and it's still in American format :shrug:

No - you seem to be right Jess :sad: I've been experimenting this afternoon, by changing my nationality to almost every other European country here too - and even Australia and India - and I still have a American date format :fiery: It's petty and silly I know - but it annoys the hell out of me :lol:

Henry Chinaski
04-15-2008, 01:36 PM
you mean, you have it shown in the American way? .

yeah that's what I mean.

presumed it was the same for everyone. very strange.