Tennis Tipping #18a - Tunis 2008 - Congrats to Tennis-Engineer˛ /InzainSoulja [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

Tennis Tipping #18a - Tunis 2008 - Congrats to Tennis-Engineer˛ /InzainSoulja

Pages : 1 [2]

eljab
05-02-2008, 06:17 AM
Missing picks from Digor and Kameleon
3 hours left.

eljab
05-02-2008, 06:41 AM
THURSAY ITW Room SUPERHOOPS

Yesterday evening, i received Superhoops in the ITW Room. A special thanks to him :worship: to answer my question despite his deception.

Well, Superhoops, it was a bad day today for you, what the matter ?

My big down fall was picking Verkerk, i researched and thought that it would be a very close match but Verkerk's experience would prevail, unfortunately he was blown away and i was then always struggling so i had to take risks today which again were unsuccessful and definitely the better player won.

1/4 final both single and double, not too bad, what memory will you keep of this tournament?

After being out of the tour for 6 months last year through injury, every tournament is progress for me and to gain valuable match time on the clay here in a very competitive challenger is invaluable and to get 2 wins can only boost my confidence for the following clay season.

Have you enjoyed your tournament ? Will we see you next year in Tunis?

I have throughly enjoyed being here and would have no problems returning but it is all to do with my performance this season and my ranking whether I am to return, if my ranking stays about where it is now or even drops then I will definitely return but if not I may need to look to the ATP Scene.

And now what is your program ?

I am now heading to Rome for qualies in singles and doubles with my hitting partner and friend tennisfancroatia, from there I will again attempt qualification at Hamburg hoping to at least qualify for one of them and then i will be switching between the ATP and Challenger scene because with my current ranking i could sneak in at the end of some draws and be one of the top seeds in others so it all depends.

Thanks again Michael,
I wish you all the best in Rome and Hamburg and if i've well understood hope to not see you back in challenger ;)

Kameleon
05-02-2008, 07:04 AM
Gongrats Kameleon :p

Kameleon
05-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Oh :( Capdeville lost, I think he make me out today.

eljab
05-02-2008, 10:52 AM
differences :

Kameleon Capdeville
Tennis-Engineer Bellucci

Gulzhan Bellucci in 2, Massu in 2
Juakos17 Bellucci in 3, Massu in 3

VamosIsrael/Gulzhan
Digor/BjornBorg (UKR/POR) no pick from digor

Pixel/Zveeen (GER²) Capdeville +2, Vemic +1
InzainSoulja/Tennis-Engineer (AUS/IRN)

Renaud
05-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Results for those interested:

Paul CAPDEVILLE (CHI) vs Thomaz BELLUCCI (BRA) 3/6 4/6
Julien BENNETEAU (FRA) vs Nicolas MASSU (CHI) 4/6 2/6
Dusan VEMIC (SRB) vs Frederico GIL (POR) 6/7 7/6 6/4

Serra/Fornell is being played now.

Nathaliia
05-02-2008, 02:11 PM
big thing for Vemic, isn't is? :speakles:

eljab
05-02-2008, 03:55 PM
differences :

VamosIsrael/Gulzhan
Digor/BjornBorg (UKR/POR) no pick from digor

my mistake :o

Digor had sent pick for 3 days yesterday and i forget it.
I have to check a point on that.

eljab
05-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Results updated

OOP for Saturday :

Bellucci vs Massu SR2
Vemic vs Serra SR3

eljab
05-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Today, in The ITW Room, I’m receiving Gulzhan, from Kazakhstan. Please notice that the ITW was made between single and double semi-final. So Gulzhan was not sure to be in both final. Now it’s done.

what a day for you today, 3/4 and 3 correct SR. Very great picks ! How do you explain that ?

Thanks. I played against a very good Chilean who is in great form now. It was a tough match. My luck was that two matches included his fellow countrymen (Massu and Capdeville). He thought Capdeville would win a set against Monica.... ups! :p Thomaz Bellucci, and it was a mistake since the Brazilian youngster was on his favorite surface while Capdeville plays better on hard

you're in finale in single and in a good way for double, could you imagine that before the tournament began ?

Well, frankly, I am not surprised to be in the final :angel: I used to play the ATP tournaments and GSs :crying2: As a rookie I even reached semi-final in Tokyo in 2006.. Hard to believe it now.... I was too young and self-confident and took my luck as granted... :banghead: I was partying in South America too much the whole clay season of 2007 and did not notice as slipped out of top 200... So many young guys came, so hungry for the wins... I gave up TT, concentrated on PAW only, not as prestigious you know, but I am too addicted to MTF to completely stop playing... Only my coach, my "Loic Courteau" believed in me... We've practiced a lot, he kept saying that sooner or later I'll be a success if I continue playing, defeat after defeat... I've learnt my lesson a hard way and now am working my ass hard playing challengers to make the come-back... MD RG is my goal!

As to the doubles final, I'm still not sure about it yet :mad: We were sure to get a win by WO, because we did not notice that one of our opponents just fell asleep in a corner of the court. Nobody saw him, even the umpire. Too bad the crowd booed loudly and he woke up, so.... the quaterfinal match in doubles is being played now :scared::lol:

It's your 4th final in single, and probably the third in double. What a score ! Do you have a secret ?

As of now (remember, I am still playing at this very moment! ;) ) it's my 3rd final in singles and could be fourth in doubles. The secret is known to some players. DC :worship: Younas El Aynaoui and Irakli Labadze used DC matches to gain confidence to come back. I love DC matches!!! No matter how tired I am, no matter how unlikely it is for my little Kazakstan to win, I am proud to play DC matches. I usually lose badly. But sometimes I win miraculously. This year we won our tie doing undoable, coming back from love 2 against such a strong opponent as Austria :woohoo: Younas is in semi-final of Munich! I hope the confidence I got after the DC match will also help me to win this tournament! :rocker2:

What is you planning now ?

I plan to play, to play and to play.... Tennis life is too short (well, life is short in general, in fact) to waste even a single week! After Tunis I'll stay in Maghreb to play Rabat which is the last tournament before RG deadline. I still need some big points to avoid RG qualies. If I reach my goal, I will come back to ATP tournaments and will play on grass for the first time.

Also, this summer, if TT board allows me, I'll try to run the very first ever TT Future in Almaty, my home town. It's an insult to the credibility of glorious nation of Kazakstan not to host even a challenger this year, even though our oil resources can afford any GS, not to mention MS or MM tournaments. But we are working on it :secret: Mighty Tarpi :worship: came to Kazakstan twice for the past 6 months, so, wait for the news! :p:lol:

Thanks for giving me chance to share with you and tt circle. See you around and good luck to all the players this season!

After the double match, and just before leaving the court, Gulzhan said :

now i AM in two finals! :banana:

thanks Gulzhan for the time you offered today.
Good luck for the next, and hopefully your dream about Kazakstan tennis, and future managing will come true.

Pixel
05-02-2008, 05:40 PM
congrats to the finalists :wavey:

@eljab: thanks for running this tournament, it was a pleasure to play here :hatoff:

Renaud
05-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Wow Gulzhan !!
You are just too goooood !!!! :worship:
Good luck for tomorrow :wavey:

mcarvalho
05-02-2008, 06:54 PM
It was a good tournament and a good manager.

Good luck to all the finalists!

InzainSoulja
05-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Yay doubles finals :woohoo:

diego36arg
05-02-2008, 11:49 PM

Congrats and good luck in the finals. ;)

eljab
05-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Difference :

Gulzhan / Tennis-Engineer : Massu in 2 vs Bellucci in 3

Double :
Gulzhan/Vamos Israel : Massu +2

gulzhan
05-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Awful result! :eek:

Never ever give an interview before the tourney is over! :banghead: :lol:

eljab
05-03-2008, 05:14 PM

well hope i'll see you at least at the same place next week ;)

gulzhan
05-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi, manager! :wavey:

Can you tell the differences for today please? I think the final started already :)

Nathaliia
05-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Yes, it started. I hope you can win it somehow Gulya :hug:

Tennis-Engineer
05-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Hi, manager! :wavey:

Can you tell the differences for today please? I think the final started already :)

Who did you pick for final ?

Nathaliia
05-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Bellucci 6-2 so far

gulzhan
05-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Who did you pick for final ?

i had to take risk and picked vemic :o

so.... not likely i win ;) congrats, Tennis Engineer! :yeah:

Tennis-Engineer
05-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks Gulzhan but still I am not sure Bellucci will certainly win because Vemic came back against Gil and Patience and won in the third set :shrug:

Renaud
05-04-2008, 12:50 PM
T-E, don't listen to her, she just try to jinx. :p

eljab
05-04-2008, 01:19 PM
sorry to be late :

differences :

Gulzhan/Tennis-Engineer : Vemic in 2, vs Bellucci in 2

eljab
05-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Tennis-Engineer is leading by 1/0 but 0/0 on correct sr.
If Bellucci win, TE win easyly by 2/0
If Vemic win (in 3) it will be tied (1/1, correct SR winner 1/1, correct SR 0/0) but Gulzhan'll win on Shootout 1

In double, it's over. Tennis-Engineer/InzainSoulja win.

Tennis-Engineer
05-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks eljab for managing this tournament in the best way ;)

eljab
05-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks eljab for managing this tournament in the best way ;)

Thanks.

A really special thanks to

Soltmann_89
Tennis-Engineer
Drikke
Kameleon
MuriloBrasil
Superhoops and
Gulzhan

who were great to accept to answer my questions for the ITW Room, and to animate this topic.:worship:

Zirconek
05-05-2008, 04:47 AM
congrats to Tennis Engineer twice and Inzain Soulja :yeah:

eljab, great management here :worship: :yeah:

InzainSoulja
05-05-2008, 05:29 AM
Congrats to eljab :worship: Great manager.
Congrats to T-E, 3rd singles title, you're on fire, Im getting a bit jealous.
My second doubles title :woohoo: :rocker2: