What paranormal activity and events do you believe in? and in what not? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What paranormal activity and events do you believe in? and in what not?

Vass
06-28-2004, 04:54 PM
There are a lot of stories and theories around and I was just wondering what people nowadays believe in. List things that you achnowlege that can happen as well, even though you think they never happened yet...

I believe in aliens with all my heart, that's one.
I believe that poltergeist CAN happen
I believa that ghosts exist, even though I don't think they can do much harm, or more importantly be seen or felt with our norman senses (only in subconciusness)
I believe that uncontrolled time-travel is possible (as in: an airplane lands in the airport 10hours late without anyone onboard noticing)
Telepaphy also can happen

What about you?

smudger
06-28-2004, 05:27 PM
Ilike to think that UFO's exsist and haven't given up hope of seeing one, I believe in ghosts for sure, I also belive it spossible to levitate yourself, lay flat on a bed and raise off the bed but I think certain people are born with these gifts and abilities.

tall_one
06-28-2004, 06:33 PM
I believe there are aliens somewhere in our universe
I believe in ghosts
I do believe in a telepathy although i not sure if anyone can read your every thought

PennyThePenguin
06-29-2004, 02:30 AM
nice topic vass

me...erm
i believe in ghosts. (what with all the cemetaries that spook me out)
do fairies count as paranormal?
aliens too...

alfonsojose
06-29-2004, 03:25 AM
I see dead people :scared:
There's a link to a secret FPI page on the male player bulges thread :scared: :bolt:

Leo
06-29-2004, 05:16 AM
I sort of believe that in this infinite universe, there is some other form of life out there.

Otherwise, I'm a skeptic on most "paranormal activities."

Tennis Fool
06-29-2004, 05:22 AM
I've known people who, as children, have seen ghosts.

Lindsayfan
06-29-2004, 07:05 AM
I dont believe in any paranormal activity...

Vass
06-29-2004, 01:33 PM
I've known people who, as children, that I can do ithave seen ghosts.
I ones thought that I can do it. But now that I think about it it weren't ghosts at all.

And how can people not believe aliens? There are millions of planets out there in the universe. Scientists already counted more than 100 planets ( add a million that scientists don't see) which have similar conditions as earth. And if live originated on Earth in a way described by the official theory it would have originated on those planets too. Plus there are even more planets which can support life (life =alliens) like Mars...

Peta Pan
06-29-2004, 02:04 PM
When I was younger I saw the ghost of one of our cats so I believe in ghosts.

I also believe in angels as I really felt the presence of a sort of guardian angel with me when I was going through some tough depressive times a few years ago. I had come across the grave of a guy that had died in 1978 (the year I was born) not so far from my great grandmothers grave. I was very drawn to his grave... it was a strange feeling.

:)Peta

Kristen
06-29-2004, 02:22 PM
I'm not sure about anything, though I hope aliens exist. If we're here, then there must be some form of life elsewhere. I don't particularly like the word 'ghost'-it reminds me of beetlejuice / ghostbusters, but I'd hope spirits continue to exist somehow.

Like, when you feel a presence in a room. However, I only feel like that at night, and I'd like to think its from that slight noise that comes from a tv when it's on mute. You know the one!? But I don't really want anything to exist. It freaks me out too much to think about it.

Ballbuster
06-29-2004, 02:30 PM
I believe that christians are dumb, real dumb.

Gonzalo81
06-29-2004, 03:04 PM

Me neither ;)

Vass
06-29-2004, 03:50 PM
and you are? :mad: :rolleyes: This isn't about religeon.

tall_one
06-29-2004, 08:08 PM
What does that have to do with this conversation?! Geesh some people :rolleyes:

PennyThePenguin
06-30-2004, 03:18 AM
ditto nicki and vass. i thought only ppl like me went severely off topic

Tennis Fool
10-29-2004, 04:46 AM
bump for Halloween

RonE
10-29-2004, 12:48 PM
I am highly skeptical about poultergeists and people becoming "possessed" etc. I would have to see it with my own eyes, until then I reserve judgement.

Considering the vastness of the universe I believe that mathematically there is an almost definite probability that some form of life exists somewhere in the world.

As to the question of alien lifeforms visiting earth, again I have not seen a UFO with my own eyes but I have some outlandish theory that life on earth was started by an alien life-form when the conditions on the planet enabled life to flourish and that alien life-form migh make occassional forays to 'check up' on how we have progressed.

Nikki♥
10-29-2004, 01:19 PM

Is religion paranormal? :o :mad:

Nikki♥
10-29-2004, 01:25 PM
Well, I believe in ghosts. In my opinion they really exist. Unfortunately I haven´t seen one yet. All the UFO talk I find rubbish though, way too many UFO sightings have been proven wrong already. Maybe life in outer space exists but why should the people, creatures or whatever you want to call them who live on Mars actually have the urge to come down here. I bet life up there is a lot better than here and the touristical attractions are better too. :lol:

Aurora
10-29-2004, 02:12 PM
lol Princesa, yes alot of UFO sightings are probably hope/something else. But I do think life exists outside this planet, i find it absurd to be sure of the opposite.
Ghosts? I don't know.. I hope not, but it is quite likely imo other forms of life exist on this planet that exceed our normal senses. As a kid I was sure there was a whole other world living right "through" our world, we just couldn't sense them in any way. It kinda sticked I guess.
I've seen some documentaries who were far too real (and scary) for me to deny the existence of ghosts and possessions.

Telepathy: yess, for sure!

RonE
10-29-2004, 06:27 PM
Considering the vastness of the universe I believe that mathematically there is an almost definite probability that some form of life exists somewhere in the world.

Sorry, I meant to say universe :o

Then again if you "see dead people" everywhere then my previous comment might actually apply ;)

maratski
10-29-2004, 07:49 PM
I am highly skeptical about poultergeists and people becoming "possessed" etc. I would have to see it with my own eyes, until then I reserve judgement.

I believe in it cause I have seen it.

RonE
10-29-2004, 09:57 PM
I'm curious- those of you who say you saw paranormal activites- what exactly did you see?

papasmurf11
10-29-2004, 10:12 PM
I feel the same way :wavey:

Jogg
10-29-2004, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=swirlingblacklilly] But I do think life exists outside this planet, i find it absurd to be sure of the opposite. QUOTE]

yeah me too, its a bigass place and there has got to be life somewhere else. The thought of there not being any is far too depressing
i believe in ghosts although i've never seen one and i don't want to :scared: