New racket! Wilson K-Six or Babolat Aeropro ??? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

New racket! Wilson K-Six or Babolat Aeropro ???

spid_x
04-08-2008, 12:46 AM
Hi guys. I'm from Greece and I want to buy a new tennis racket. I have an old Prince precision graphite pro 600. head size 97. I'm not a professional player but I play good enough! :worship:
So.. I'm between Wilson and Babolat! Federer vs Nadal!
I mean BABOLAT AEROPRO DRIVE Cortex and Wilson K-Six One .
I played today with a Wilson Hammer and I liked it!
Although I want your opinion to make the right choise! Does anyone play with this rackets?

P.S.(There are three K-Six One. Is there any difference? 95 , team , tour).

thanks!

jazar
04-08-2008, 07:59 AM
here are the differences between then 3 K61s:

Tour: 90 sq inch, 340g, very stiff
95: 95 sq inch, 332g, very stiff
Team: 95 sq inch, 289g, flexible

to be honest, none of the K61s compare closely with the aero pro drive cortex, and it seems to me that your decision to pick out these rackets is based more on the players that endorse them rather than a feeling that either racket will improve your game

spid_x
04-08-2008, 03:32 PM
to be honest, none of the K61s compare closely with the aero pro drive cortex
What do you mean?

Anyway what is your opinion about a new racket?

I can't test it...
so...

jazar
04-08-2008, 05:11 PM
What do you mean?

Anyway what is your opinion about a new racket?

I can't test it...
so...

what i mean is that the rackets aren't very similar.

i wouldnt recommend the k61 tour, unless you grew up playing with pro staffs.
the k61 95 is very much a control orientated racket and not the easiest to get on with.
the k61 team is basically an easier to use version of the k61 95. you get good control from the small headsize and its easy to swing due to its light weight.
the aeropro drive will be a bit easier to get on with as the headsize is larger and that kind of weight would be the most common amongst recreational players

spid_x
04-08-2008, 05:58 PM
so.. K-Six One Team or Aero Pro Drive cortex ??
and what about K tour 95????

jazar
04-08-2008, 07:04 PM
so.. K-Six One Team or Aero Pro Drive cortex ??
and what about K tour 95????

there is no such racket as the k tour 95. as i have stated before, there is the k61 tour and the k61 95.

the k61 team is nearer to the headsize you are used to, but the aero pro drive is probably closer to the weight

spid_x
04-08-2008, 07:57 PM
I mean that afterwards from the discussions I rejected k61 tour and the k61 95 because somebody said to me that they is "difficult" rackets. Whenever I am between k61 Team and babolat.
What is more important? The weight or head size? Which is your choise about these two rackets?

Any characteristics about k tour 95?

jazar
04-08-2008, 08:25 PM
I mean that afterwards from the discussions I rejected k61 tour and the k61 95 because somebody said to me that they is "difficult" rackets. Whenever I am between k61 Team and babolat.
What is more important? The weight or head size? Which is your choise about these two rackets?

Any characteristics about k tour 95?

the k tour is the same as the k61 team, just 1 gram lighter and stiffer. i dont think it plays as well as the 61 team.

i cant tell you whether head size or weight is more important, as they are characteristics you need to decide on. i personally prefer the wilson, as i hate babolat racket

Johnny Groove
04-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Easy.

Do you like Federer or Nadal more?

spid_x
04-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Easy.

Do you like Federer or Nadal more?

Federer! :worship:
So Wilson!! ;)