Henman and being down a break... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Henman and being down a break...

pinky
06-27-2004, 10:59 PM
I saw the last 2 matches of Tim, vs. Heuberger and Arazi. If i am correct, he was down a break in the first 2 sets vs. Heuberger and today he was down a break in every 4 sets of the match!
Now, being down a break on grass in 6 sets and winning 5 of them is pretty good but i guess he would need to get his game together fast because you can't really always count on coming back from a break on grass ;)

Any comments on that?

Neely
06-27-2004, 11:14 PM
what does this tell me?

1. You have a chance to break Henman's serve
2. Henman is relying on his return game, which is actually better than his service games; generally he's a strong return player!
3. Henman is IMO not in top form this season on grass

Gonzo Hates Me!
06-28-2004, 12:04 AM
Keep up the bad work Tim

Corey Feldman
06-28-2004, 12:10 AM
if tims goes down a break v the Scud in every set, he's going home, cos with mark, there is no return (no pun intended) :)

rue
06-28-2004, 12:24 AM
I think by him being down in his first three matches will help him. I think that he is much more mentally strong by being able to dig deep and win the last few matches. He will need to play well tomorrow but his past experience could possibly help him. At the same time Philippoussis is a dangerous player and when his game is on, he is tough to beat so Henman will have to watch out for that.

Corey Feldman
06-28-2004, 12:43 AM
i hate scud on grass, when he gets a break the set is over, his serve becomes unbreakable, tim is gonna be under unbelievable pressure in his service games tomorrow, he could easily only make 3 mistakes the whole match and end up losing 6-4 6-4 6-4 :)