What do players do..... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What do players do.....

jbone_14
06-27-2004, 09:10 PM
During the rain delays or when they have an off day in a tournament. Do they like go partying or practice, or go around town?? Also have you seen any players during their off day, rain delay, etc. Im just curious!

Tennis Fool
06-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Sit and fidget in the players lounge.

Snoopy_Girl
06-27-2004, 09:31 PM
Most of the ones I've seen at tournaments practice every day.. whether it's an off day or not... What they do the rest of the day is mainly having some nice meals, spend some time with their wife/gf and then stay in the hotel/players lounge... What else they do, I don't know ;)

Deejay
06-27-2004, 09:37 PM
I remember hearing a couple of years ago at Wimbledon that apparently during rain delays Agassi used to have a 'power nap' and woke up 10-15mins before he was supposed to go on court and once he was on there, he was ready to play!

*Ljubica*
06-27-2004, 09:42 PM
As Snoopy Girl says, most of them practice every day whether they have a match or not. If they have a match it is normally a short (30 minute practice) on the morning of their match - if it's a day off many of them practice for an hour or so in the morning and perhaps in the evening as well. Other than that - how they spend their day off will depend on the individual - some will go shopping/sightseeing, others watching TV or videos in their Hotels. Most go out for a quiet dinner in the evening with their partner if they travel with them, or else with their coach or friends who are also at that tournament. As for what they do during rain delays - well some play cards or board games in the Players' Lounge, others watch TV or listen to CDs, - others (like TF says) just sit and fidget in the Players Lounge!

azza
06-27-2004, 09:57 PM
they stand in line infront of Miss Kournikovas room awaiting the next male to be finnished with her.

Fee
06-27-2004, 10:14 PM
During rain delays, they usually sleep, read, eat, get on the computers, play video games or other games (like ping pong or cards or whatever). On off days, a light practice session and perhaps a gym workout. Some use off days in big cities for photo shoots or 'meet and greets' for their sponsors. They could also go out and see movies, theatre or other sporting events, maybe even a concert if someone decent is in town. I know a bunch of them try to hit the beach during the tournament in LA.

Gonzalo81
06-27-2004, 10:18 PM
they stand in line infront of Miss Kournikovas room awaiting the next male to be finnished with her.

:haha: ....lol

Snoopy_Girl
06-27-2004, 10:55 PM
They could also go out and see movies, theatre or other sporting events, maybe even a concert if someone decent is in town. I know a bunch of them try to hit the beach during the tournament in LA.
That's also a good one yeah! I know for a fact that Tommy Robredo and Jose Acasuso went to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert in Amsterdam (they were playing the Rosmalen tournament that week)

YoursTruly
06-27-2004, 11:14 PM
I heard that they do what any other person would do. They wait, read, listen to music and of course, sleep. But I heard sometimes there isn't a proper place to sleep since they are supposed to be playing but are forced to stay back and wait. This would make for napping in uncomfortable ways. The commentators were saying this could have been a reason for Arazi having some problems with his shoulder/neck region during the Henman match.

jbone_14
06-28-2004, 04:59 AM
So thery dont go clubbing or partying??? lol

Lalitha
06-28-2004, 07:45 AM
Does sleep really helps?? - won't that give a kind of laziness like?

gina_
06-28-2004, 08:06 AM
I've seen JC just cuddling with Patricia in the player's lounge.