Blisters [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Blisters

DonReflex
04-04-2008, 04:38 AM
I'm getting a lot of blisters while playing. I use dunlop hydratac and it works well, but there is a lot of friction between my handle and palm/thumb. What can I do to avoid blisters. I get them with other grips as well, so is there some sort of powder i can use?
Anything will help
appreciate it!

DonReflex
04-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Has this happened to anyone else?
I really want to start playing again, but this is stopping my play.

M@nu
04-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Try some tape around ur fingers

DonReflex
04-08-2008, 04:48 AM
Thanks, I get it on my palms, right at the bottom of the handle. Is there some sort of powder I should put on, or something that reduces friction?

StevoTG
04-09-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm not sure if I can give you any good advice as I've never had the problem. One suggestion would be to start playing again before the skin has fully healed - the idea being that over time your skin will become tougher (like the skin on the souls of your feet if you walk barefoot a lot)... but this might be bad advice so if your hands start to bleed don't blame me:lol:

FootWork
04-09-2008, 12:50 AM
he's talking about developing callus's, which is always a good idea.
however, it sounds like the problem with your palm is actually because of your playing style. the friction is caused by your tennis racquet twisting in your hand. in order to stop it you need to grip the handle tighter.

DonReflex
04-09-2008, 04:52 AM
alright I'll try regripping it. But I thought I did a pretty good job on it.
I thought this problem would arise often in tennis, didn't think I was the only one.
Any good tips for gripping?

zhangxian22
04-10-2008, 05:41 AM
I always got blisters on my foot after each play...