Vince beat Rainer?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Vince beat Rainer??

tennischick
06-27-2004, 02:53 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

i'm on a small Caribbean island with no Wimbledon coverage :mad: :mad: apparently there is some fee you have to pay ESPN or whoever and they didn't pay it so Wimbledon is being blocked out. unbelievable :mad: :mad:

anyway i'd appreciate comments from anyone who actually saw this match. how good is Vince playing? what did he do that was effective against Rainer? how much further do you think he'll go?

MissPovaFan
06-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Excellent win for Vince Spadea! Hes having a storming Wimbledon so far! He won in straight sets as well against Schuettler. Next up he faces Sjeng Schalken so he needs to be at his best to reach the Q-F Id say.

Gonzo Hates Me!
06-27-2004, 03:20 PM
I didnt see this match, so I guess I shouldnt be responding. But if it makes you feel any better, ESPN hasnt been showing Vince's matches. He's been in the studio, that's about it. I dont think he was expected to do this well. Right now they are showing Arazi - Henman. And Vince is not supposed to be on the line-up today anyway. So I guess you will have to stick with match statistics or something. Whatever Vince is doing right, I dont think the people who aren't actually at Wimbledon will ever know

Neely
06-27-2004, 03:20 PM
against Rusedski and Soderling, Rainer could react and rely on the fact that he is the better basesliner and a good return player

against Spadea, Rainer had to act on his own because Spadea plays a completely different game, mostly very solid and crafty from the baseline, also a I'm always saying that Spadea is a tough fighter.

star
06-27-2004, 03:23 PM
Spadea is tough. He can be very determined.

But I have to think too that Rainer had some draining matches that took something out of his legs.

tennischick
06-27-2004, 03:25 PM
thanks Mrs. Guga. i assumed we would see a bit of him (like we did at RG) just bec he is American. too bad bec i have a soft spot for the guy and want to see him do well. thanks for the comments all. i'll be back to civilization in time for the finals, thank goodness!

Gambill_Rules
06-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Well spadea played well but Rainer played awfully.waaaaaaaaaaay to many unforced errors.Hes played quite badly really.

But Spadea played well so its was always gonna be Vinces day.

YoursTruly
06-27-2004, 10:30 PM
That was one of the open matches for anyone to win. Grinder vs. Grinder. But I think that Vince is looking better right now and is getting better with age. He's very confident after winning his title this year and he's sneaking in the top group now!