Angle of camera during tennis coverage? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Angle of camera during tennis coverage?

NinaNina19
04-02-2008, 07:00 AM
Do you guys prefer tennis is shown with the camera angled/at court level or from above. I like it when it alternates.

lazyman
04-02-2008, 07:03 AM
i dont like court level. the usual above one makes it easier to follow the ball. The lower one is to watch the players movements which should not be the focus during the point. Its ok to show that stuff between points though

*snowflake*
04-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Above
...in some cases it's nice to have the ass camera but it gets old after a few points and you get pissed cause you can't see a damn thing...

martine2
04-02-2008, 07:39 AM
During a match I prefer above. Court level hides a lot of the view

Neely
04-02-2008, 07:41 AM
During the points I prefer a mixture of about 90% above the court and 10% court level camera. From above the court is the classic and should be the priority, but sometimes it's nice to be a bit closer to the action, too, because it gives you a different impression on the speed of the game, although your not able to see other details (such as where exactly the ball lands).

NinaNina19
04-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Above
...in some cases it's nice to have the ass camera but it gets old after a few points and you get pissed cause you can't see a damn thing...
Agree.

martine2
04-02-2008, 07:53 AM
During the points I prefer a mixture of about 90% above the court and 10% court level camera. From above the court is the classic and should be the priority, but sometimes it's nice to be a bit closer to the action, too, because it gives you a different impression on the speed of the game, although your not able to see other details (such as where exactly the ball lands).

True, that's why it would be great to get dvd's with possibility to relive it from both angles :D

Yappa
04-02-2008, 01:11 PM
If Tennis were as popular here in Germany as Formula 1, then we would get 5 channels with different angles. Player 1 closeup, Player 2 closeup, TV View, Court level view, umpire view, etc. :D