Miami R4: Roddick d. Benneteau 4-6 6-3 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami R4: Roddick d. Benneteau 4-6 6-3 6-2

Lee
04-02-2008, 03:57 AM
It could be a bagel final set if not for the rain delay.

WhataQT
04-02-2008, 03:58 AM
Yay Andy! What happen in the first set?

Clay Death
04-02-2008, 03:59 AM
It could be a bagel final set if not for the rain delay.

hi Lee/good to see you around. Roddick finally has a chance to get that monkey off his back. he can derail a weak Fed who is also a little rusty.

can he do it?

Deboogle!.
04-02-2008, 04:00 AM
HORRIBLE from Andy. For a period there, he practically couldn't find the court. Passive, 3 meters behind the baseline, moonballs hitting the service box, combined with Benneteau returning a lot of serves and having no fear..... dunno why he thinks he can play this way and succeed, doesn't he remember how he won Dubai?hi Lee/good to see you around. Roddick finally has a chance to get that monkey off his back. he can derail a weak Fed who is also a little rusty.

can he do it?Based on his play the first three matches, I'd give him a negative chance to win if that were possible

Action Jackson
04-02-2008, 04:01 AM
Benneteau was controlling the match for the 1st set and a half, didn't face a single break point until then and was frustrating Roddick by returning most of his serves.

Then his 1st serve went on strike and could hardly land one in and served at 35 percent of them, which is shit anyway, even worse when the serve isn't that strong to begin with.

Roddick did what he needed to do to get the W, well time for him to continue his turkey status when he meets Federer.

FedFan_2007
04-02-2008, 04:01 AM
Now Andy gets ready for his usual ass ******.

~*BGT*~
04-02-2008, 04:02 AM
If he plays the way he did in the first set and a half against Fed, he will be *****. I mean, a molestation unlike ever seen before. He'll win 2 less games than Serena's 6-2 6-0 win over Henin today.

jagan
04-02-2008, 04:04 AM
This would be Andy's best chance. It's now or never.

JimmyV
04-02-2008, 04:07 AM
This is his best chance for a win in a long time.

If he plays like he did in Dubai he's got a shot.

If he plays like he did tonight he'll be lucky to win a game.

JimmyV
04-02-2008, 04:07 AM
Federer 6-2, 6-4.

jcempire
04-02-2008, 04:09 AM
Well, NOW Roger Federer is for you, LEt's go Andy

jcempire
04-02-2008, 04:10 AM
Yay Andy! What happen in the first set?

He hadn't wake up, possible sleep too late

Clay Death
04-02-2008, 04:12 AM
Benneteau was controlling the match for the 1st set and a half, didn't face a single break point until then and was frustrating Roddick by returning most of his serves.

Then his 1st serve went on strike and could hardly land one in and served at 35 percent of them, which is shit anyway, even worse when the serve isn't that strong to begin with.

Roddick did what he needed to do to get the W, well time for him to continue his turkey status when he meets Federer.

i missed Roddick`s match today. evidently he stunk up the court. i am just now getting around to reading some of posts about his performance. i would be inclined to agree in that case.

its back to being a turkey. Fed will spank him like he always does.

NinaNina19
04-02-2008, 04:19 AM
Benneteau was good, it wasn't just Roddick messing up. He DID beat Hewitt in the TCO. He was stronger off the baseline and was controlling the match for much of the first set and the first half of the second. Then he started serving badly. Andy has played much better than usual these two matches. He didn't lose the first set only because of his horrible play :roll: Benneteau kept hitting it to Roddick's backhand and when Andy did miss it was usually during a long rally. If Benneteau didn't choke serve at the end, he could've won. After he lost the second set it was easy to see that Roddick would take the match.

Deboogle!.
04-02-2008, 04:20 AM
Benneteau was good, it wasn't just Roddick messing up. He DID beat Hewitt in the TCO. He was stronger off the baseline and was controlling the match for much of the first set and the first half of the second. Then he started serving badly. Andy has played much better than usual these two matches. He didn't lose the first set only because of his horrible play :roll: Benneteau kept hitting it to Roddick's backhand and when Andy did miss it was usually during a long rally. If Benneteau didn't choke serve at the end, he could've won. After he lost the second set it was easy to see that Roddick would take the match.likewise, it's easy to control the baseline and hit winners and look great when your opponent is coming in on junk balls and hitting moonballs that land on the service line :lol: Sure, Benneteau stood in and took his chances but to say andy "played better than usual" in this match is absolutely ludicrous :lol:

jcempire
04-02-2008, 04:21 AM
Benneteau was good, it wasn't just Roddick messing up. He DID beat Hewitt in the TCO. He was stronger off the baseline and was controlling the match for much of the first set and the first half of the second. Then he started serving badly. Andy has played much better than usual these two matches. He didn't lose the first set only because of his horrible play :roll: Benneteau kept hitting it to Roddick's backhand and when Andy did miss it was usually during a long rally. If Benneteau didn't choke serve at the end, he could've won. After he lost the second set it was easy to see that Roddick would take the match.

Yes, Benneteau was good

He beat lots of great player, also James blake last year

jagan
04-02-2008, 04:25 AM
Andy got big serve. Good time to use it.

Jimnik
04-02-2008, 05:29 AM
Dropped another set eh Andy?

Bring on the Fed. :banana:

FedererBulgaria
04-02-2008, 11:56 AM
:bounce:Andy!!!:worship:

jonny84
04-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Tough match for Andy but came through in the end. A match against him and Federer!

Yappa
04-02-2008, 12:37 PM
After the 2nd set, you could hear Roddick muttering to himself. Of course he was totally unhappy with the way he had played up to that point.

~*BGT*~
04-02-2008, 04:02 PM
What a difference a rain delay can make! When they came back in the 3rd set, I said, "Where was that forehand in the first hour of the match?" :confused:

Jimnik
04-02-2008, 04:09 PM
What a difference a rain delay can make! When they came back in the 3rd set, I said, "Where was that forehand in the first hour of the match?" :confused:
Indeed, and it works both ways.

2004 Wimby final. :bigcry:
Where did the forehand go? :confused:

groundstroke
04-02-2008, 04:12 PM
If Roddick crumbles to Federer in the next match, he will never beat him.

Deboogle!.
04-02-2008, 04:14 PM
To be fair he started going for the forehand (and 2nd serve returns) before the rain break. And the South florida paper quoted him as saying: "You've got to get better than that boss,'' Roddick scolded himself after scratching out the second set to draw even. "That's absolutely as bad as I can play."

So it's not like he thought he was playing well, I guess that's good :scratch:

dylan24
04-02-2008, 05:58 PM
good job duck.
can't stand that fucking frenchie