~~Let's Speak some Spanish~~ [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

~~Let's Speak some Spanish~~

kandykane
06-27-2004, 05:29 AM
:) someone, i think it was gravity, mention in some other thread that we should start a spainish learning thread. well, i agree. ;) how else could we speak to Guille? so could all you pple that speaks spainish help us out. :wavey: i just hope someday when i meet guille i do know how to day "I Love you" in spanish! :D

gina_
06-27-2004, 05:34 AM
te quiero!

I want to learn spanish too; it's a beautiful language!

kandykane
06-27-2004, 05:50 AM
what's te quiero?

El Mago jr.
06-27-2004, 05:58 AM
te quiero!

I want to learn spanish too; it's a beautiful language!

i alwayz sucks in any language.... :mad:
The only spanish word i know is 'Vamos'... :sad:

gina_
06-27-2004, 06:27 AM
te quiero means i love you.

tousledbaby
06-27-2004, 07:59 AM
Yeah I really like to learn the language , too. I think it sounds great.

Washa Koroleva
06-27-2004, 10:07 AM
Buenos dias friends
Yo aprende el español

damn... I wanna learn Spanish, too :)

melly313
06-27-2004, 10:33 AM
Buenos dias ! Me llamo Lucille, tengo dieciseis anos. Ademas, vivo en Francia en la ciudad de Reims. Soy una alumna. Eso es todo lo que sé decir en español. :rolleyes:

P.S. es lo que + subjonctivo o lo que + indicativo ? :confused:

Washa Koroleva
06-27-2004, 11:05 AM
Buenos dias ! Me llamo Lucille, tengo dieciseis anos. Ademas, vivo en Francia en la ciudad de Reims. Soy una alumna. Eso es todo lo que sé decir en español. :rolleyes:

now in English, please :D

kandykane
06-27-2004, 12:21 PM
there's the problem of prononciation too.... mmm.... this is gonna be hard

Alisa
06-27-2004, 01:03 PM
hey guys! write english variant too plz! otherwise how can we learn spanish?)) it's my dream for a long time already to learn this wonderful language!!! it sounds so magical!!! write pls some useful phrases!!!

Washa Koroleva
06-27-2004, 01:50 PM
hey guys! write english variant too plz! otherwise how can we learn spanish?)) it's my dream for a long time already to learn this wonderful language!!! it sounds so magical!!! write pls some useful phrases!!!

lol! Of course! Please write in English and Spanish now. Then we'll learn faster :)
Thanks

Fostin
06-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Hola a todos! soy de Argentina me llamo Fostin soy varon y me encanta visitar este foro!!! :)

Hey everybody!!! I`m from argentina , my name is Fostin , I`m a male and I love visiting this forum!!! :)

espero que de a poco aprendan! ;)

El Mago jr.
06-27-2004, 04:26 PM
Hola a todos! soy de Argentina me llamo Fostin soy varon y me encanta visitar este foro!!! :)

Hey everybody!!! I`m from argentina , my name is Fostin , I`m a male and I love visiting this forum!!! :)

espero que de a poco aprendan! ;)

it looks like u'r the only one who doesn't have the problem, right?
btw, Hola to u too... :wavey:

Carito_90
06-27-2004, 06:21 PM
Hey i dont have the problem either :lol:

Just ask whatever you wanna know in spanish (a word, phrase or whatever) and we'll translate it :) That way you'll learn how to say (or at least write :lol: ) what u wanna say

Hope that helps!

Nos vemos :)

Guille's Girl
06-27-2004, 06:42 PM
Yeah go Fostin! I envy you :lol: Anyway, I suck at Spanish. Mi espanol es muy malo, pero yo trabaja muy dura (sp?) a....aprender...

Crap. Ok y'all, tell me I messed that up big time :o

Alisa
06-27-2004, 07:50 PM
Hola!!)) :bigwave:
wow guys, thanx!! :bounce:
Can you say how it would be, for example, "Good luck", "Show your best", "We believe in you" ? smth like that.

Guille's Girl
06-27-2004, 07:54 PM
"good luck" is "bueno suerte" :D I knew that one! :bounce:

melly313
06-27-2004, 10:48 PM

Let's translate :D

Hi ! My name is Lucille, I am 16. Moreover I live in Reims, France. I am a student. This is all i can say in spanish. :rolleyes:

P.S. I wonder if it is "lo que + subjonctif" or "lo que + indicatif".

LubiG
06-28-2004, 01:49 AM
Yo hablo español =) (yeah well it makes sense since i'm argentinian...) lol
I could help you out with spanish if you want to :)

Washa Koroleva
06-28-2004, 04:38 AM
Can someone translate that quote into Spanish? Just that a spanish person understands the sense of it.

'A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.'
George Moore

Thank you! :wavey:

kandykane
06-28-2004, 11:51 AM
Ok, what would you say if you met Guille, in person... i guess if i actually managed to learn some Spainish, i'd probably every word when i see him... *Day Dreaming*

Micca
06-28-2004, 12:01 PM
I really wouldn't say if I saw Guille in real life, I would probably faint ;):P Or immediatly ask for his autograph :p Because my spanish is REALLY bad, but next year I'm gonna learn spanish at school, so...:) Try with me later :p In a few months...hahaha ;)

kandykane
06-28-2004, 12:14 PM
Micca, now i envy you, since the only second language we get to learn in school is english....

Micca
06-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Yeah Kandykane, I'm going to highschool next year (that doesnt exist in the Netherlands, so for the people NOT from amerika im going to the 4 year of ''the big school'' (dont know how to say that in englisch...) I'm only 14, so can somebody explane it what grade I am??
But anyway Kandykane, in the Netherlands we have to learn Englisch, German, French and Dutch (because we live there ;) ) And if you want to you can choose Spanish, Greek and Latin :) So that's how it works here ;) And I really look forward to learn Spanish! I heard it looks like French :):p

kandykane
06-28-2004, 12:49 PM
micca, i think they call it "senior high school" in america!
so English, German French and Dutch are essencial? and you get to choose another language! wow......... so you'd be able to speak 5 languages!!! *faint* wow!

melly313
06-28-2004, 12:50 PM
I heard it looks like French :):p

That's right and that's why we (french people) are SUPPOSED to have an aptitude for learning spanish. In fact it is really difficult because of all the conjugations including all the exceptions :eek: but french is said to be a really difficult to learn too so ...

Micca
06-28-2004, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I know! We have to learn French too, and sometimes it's really difficult! Maybe you could help me sometimes :p;) Just kidding!! ;)

melly313
06-28-2004, 01:10 PM
No problem Micca ! I will be happy to help you :)

Heron
06-28-2004, 02:45 PM
hola:)
i'm italian and I understand a bit of spanish even if I never studied it LOL but sometimes italian TV made italian interview to Guille and he undrestood italian language LOL as I understood what he was saing in spanish LOL
all I want to say is that italian and spanish are similar language LOL

petite elfe
06-28-2004, 02:59 PM
Hey, i'm lucie, i'm eighteen and i also live in France, this is my first post, i just wanted to say that i've been working on the "lo que + ..." thing, and i found this two examples :
lo que me gusta : ce que j'aime, ce qui me plaît
haràs lo que te digas : tu feras ce que je je te dirai

So in fact indicatif and subjonctif can be used, but i don't know exactly when... sorry :rolleyes:
I learn Spanish, English and Japanese, but i'm way better in English :}

What will Guille do after his short holiday ?
I'm still recovering from the pain caused by Guille's defeat in Roland Garros, I was so into the match ! But he is still young :)

Guille's Girl
06-28-2004, 03:36 PM
but sometimes italian TV made italian interview to Guille and he undrestood italian language LOL as I understood what he was saing in spanish LOL

..............................WHAT?! Are you sure they didn't have one of those earpeice things for him?

melly313
06-28-2004, 03:40 PM
Hey welcome Lucie !!! :D Nice to see another french girl here !! Thanks for your help about the "lo que +" thing lol I'm gonna try to find the exact rule.

P.S. our names are similar (my name is Lucille) It's funny, isn't it ? :D (don't worry I'm not crazy but it's always a pleasure to meet another Lulu !! lol)

Heron
06-28-2004, 04:08 PM
GUILLE's Girl said :WHAT?! Are you sure they didn't have one of those earpeice things for him?

yeah! LOL sounds strange?just the journalist spoke slowly LOL
trust me spanish and italian are very similar, many words have the same speaking :) and I LOVE Guille's voice :) ;)

tousledbaby
06-28-2004, 04:17 PM
Oh I've heard, that Guille has ancestors of Italian descent.
So maybe he knows some words in Italian.

petite elfe
06-28-2004, 09:25 PM
P.S. our names are similar (my name is Lucille) It's funny, isn't it ? :D (don't worry I'm not crazy but it's always a pleasure to meet another Lulu !! lol)[/QUOTE]

nice to meet you too (and everyone else^^), but not "Lulu", it's my nightmare !

Go Guille Go !

LubiG
06-28-2004, 11:50 PM
Can someone translate that quote into Spanish? Just that a spanish person understands the sense of it.

'A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.'
George Moore

Thank you! :wavey:

That would be 'Un hombre viaja alrededor del mundo en busca de lo que necesita, y vuelve a casa para encontrarlo'
Nice phrase :)

melly313
06-29-2004, 12:39 AM
but not "Lulu", it's my nightmare !

:haha: I understand !!! Don't worry I won't call you like that (ne fais pas aux autres ce que tu n'aimerais pas que l'on te fasse à toi! lol ;) )

Guille's Girl
06-29-2004, 02:06 AM
and I LOVE Guille's voice :) ;)

Oh God oh God oh God :inlove: Guille has the sexiest voice I swear!!!! *dies* I listen to all his interviews on ATPtennis.com even though I don't know what the hell he's saying! :inlove: :hearts: :drool:

luckystar
06-29-2004, 09:17 AM
hola:)
i'm italian and I understand a bit of spanish even if I never studied it LOL but sometimes italian TV made italian interview to Guille and he undrestood italian language LOL as I understood what he was saing in spanish LOL

ciao! :wavey:
I'm studying Italian at the moment and YES it's very much possible that Guille could understand the Italian interviewer. Now that I'm learning italian, I can also understand some Spanish so..... YAY

Lynne
06-29-2004, 09:52 AM
Yeah I would really like to learn some spanish as well.. hehe
Coz I don't understand a single word Ferrero or Coria say in Spanish..:)

kandykane
06-29-2004, 10:07 AM
Ok, i'm just sticking to the simplest ones first
like how do you say hello and goodbye...(i know, i'm slow)

Heron
06-29-2004, 06:09 PM
I listen to all his interviews on ATPtennis.com even though I don't know what the hell he's saying!
LOL yes he has a sooo sexy voice... :devil: I like the way he says SI that means yes LOL

ciao LuckyStar!do you agree italian is simialr to spanish then? LOL

aslo Nalbandian and Guga speaks a good italian :)

Heron
06-29-2004, 06:10 PM
hello is HOLA
and good bye is Hasta luego..I think LOL someone could help better LOL

Alisa
06-29-2004, 07:46 PM
heron, you'r lucky) i know neither italien nor spanish...

i guess no1 understands russian here)) they say russian is a difficult language...

guys say smth usual in spanish, like "what a nice day" or "could u sign me an autograph")) lol the second is more useful i think.

|-Safin_Coria-|
06-29-2004, 08:25 PM
isn't his language a little different though?
i'm not really sure how...cause i don't know or take Spanish lol

Nymeria
06-29-2004, 08:59 PM
Yeah Kandykane, I'm going to highschool next year (that doesnt exist in the Netherlands, so for the people NOT from amerika im going to the 4 year of ''the big school'' (dont know how to say that in englisch...) I'm only 14, so can somebody explane it what grade I am??
But anyway Kandykane, in the Netherlands we have to learn Englisch, German, French and Dutch (because we live there ;) ) And if you want to you can choose Spanish, Greek and Latin :) So that's how it works here ;) And I really look forward to learn Spanish! I heard it looks like French :):p

You're lucky you have Spanish at your school, we never had the possibility to study spanish :(
btw. It's hard to explain the Dutch schoolsystem ;)

mordicus18
06-29-2004, 09:18 PM
Oh God oh God oh God :inlove: Guille has the sexiest voice I swear!!!! *dies* I listen to all his interviews on ATPtennis.com even though I don't know what the hell he's saying! :inlove: :hearts: :drool:

yes guille has got really a sexy voice, but hear josh hartnett's voice. I haven't heard guille's voice very well (coz of translations on tv), but I think guille and josh have got the SAME sexy voice :rolleyes: :worship: :p

:devil: mordicus :devil:

LubiG
06-30-2004, 01:47 AM
good bye can be 'hasta luego' or 'adios' in good spanish, and 'chau' in wrong argentinian spanish ;)

Guille's Girl
06-30-2004, 04:26 AM
Hey um, all you good Spanish speaking people ya :) If I say "I am happy" as in temporarily, or "I am Saara" as in permanently ( I know I could just say 'mi llamo" but whatever) would I still use "soy" in both instances?

kandykane
06-30-2004, 04:59 AM
guys say smth usual in spanish, like "what a nice day" or "could u sign me an autograph")) lol the second is more useful i think

"could i kiss you" would be even more useful ;)

vamos_guille
06-30-2004, 09:09 AM
hey Alisa, I'm learning russian at hich school, it's my 3rd language, after english and spanish, last year was my first year, my level is poor but ... I can say :

priviet, kak dila ? minia zavout maria, ya fransougenka...ya nié otchien gavariuo po rousski

it's hard to write without the good alphabet... and in spanish

Hola, que tal ? me llamo maria soy frances tengo diciséis anos,

i think could you sign me an autograph = puede firmar me un autografo ?( por favor) but i'm not sure and thank you ( when he 's signing you the autograph) = gracias or MUCHAS gracias

Micca
06-30-2004, 09:25 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOWWW!!! I COULDN'T AGREE MORE WITH YOU GUYS!!! HIS VOICE! His SPANISCH Voice!!!! :inlove: :inlove: HIS SPEECH AT THE ORDINA OPEN!!!! I thought I was gonna FAINT!!! My friends say I'm crazy; that I'm obsessed with him...:( BUT WHO ISN'T!?!!?! JUST LOOK AT HIM!!! :inlove: WE all love him! :D Don't we guys?? :D;)

Micca
06-30-2004, 09:30 AM
micca, i think they call it "senior high school" in america!
so English, German French and Dutch are essencial? and you get to choose another language! wow......... so you'd be able to speak 5 languages!!! *faint* wow!

Yeah, kinda though ey?! know, but we Dutch people are said to be people that can learn other languages easier than other people (no affence) And other people think Dutch is a difficult language to learn so ;) If ya wanna learn ;):p

Micca
06-30-2004, 09:31 AM
No problem Micca ! I will be happy to help you :)

ThnQ! Appreciate that :D Love ya! ;) :wavey:

Micca
06-30-2004, 09:32 AM
You're lucky you have Spanish at your school, we never had the possibility to study spanish :(
btw. It's hard to explain the Dutch schoolsystem ;)

Yeah I know, read my answer ;):p But you were going to a Dutch school, why couldn't you learn spanisch?? That's weird... :confused:

Nymeria
06-30-2004, 10:41 AM
Yeah, kinda though ey?! know, but we Dutch people are said to be people that can learn other languages easier than other people (no affence) And other people think Dutch is a difficult language to learn so ;) If ya wanna learn ;):p

Well I'm not sure if it's true we learn other languages easier.

Nymeria
06-30-2004, 10:42 AM
Yeah I know, read my answer ;):p But you were going to a Dutch school, why couldn't you learn spanisch?? That's weird... :confused:

Mmm coz Spanish isn't in all Dutch highschools ;) In all schools you get Dutch, German, French and English ofcourse. Only in some schools there is the possibility to study Spanish, or some other languages like Russian or Fries (what's that in English? :p)

Micca
06-30-2004, 11:07 AM
Mmm coz Spanish isn't in all Dutch highschools ;) In all schools you get Dutch, German, French and English ofcourse. Only in some schools there is the possibility to study Spanish, or some other languages like Russian or Fries (what's that in English? :p)

OK! I didn't know that :o Sorry ;) Well I hope it's not very hard to learn ;) Wish me luck next schoolyear :D

Nymeria
06-30-2004, 11:13 AM
OK! I didn't know that :o Sorry ;) Well I hope it's not very hard to learn ;) Wish me luck next schoolyear :D

I wish you lot of luck! I'll maybe start a Spanish course next year, coz it must be a great language to learn

Micca
06-30-2004, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I've heard that! That's why I chose it! I'm better in languages than I am is chemisty of physics and stuff...I HATE THAT!!! :(:( I'd rather like languages :)

Alisa
06-30-2004, 12:37 PM
vamos_guille , wow! it's great!! :) nice to meet another russian speaking person :wavey: ;)

привет! меня зовут алиса, мне восемнадцать. я живу в москве и помимо русского, знаю ещё английский и немецкий. надеюсь когда-нибудь мы сможем с тобой болтать по-русски! ;) так что удачи! :)

hi! my name is alisa, i'm 18. i live in moscow and besides russian i know also english and german. hope someday we could chat with u in russian! ;) so good luck! :)

[okay, let's try it))] hola! me llamo alisa. tengo 18 anos [not sure]. Vivo en Moscow. [... some misses in translation... ))] Bueno Suerte! :)

but it was not bad for first spanish phrases)))

btw, thanx for translation!!!! :kiss: Gracias! ;)
Hasts luego guys!

Micca
06-30-2004, 01:15 PM
Hahaha, is that spanisch? Great Alisa ;) Hahaha :) And that Russian thing seems REALLY though ;):p

Nymeria
06-30-2004, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I've heard that! That's why I chose it! I'm better in languages than I am is chemisty of physics and stuff...I HATE THAT!!! :(:( I'd rather like languages :)

I'm so terrible in languages, I love math and like chemistry and physics a lot as well. But languages :unsure: passed english and German only with a 5.5 :o Don't know what happened with my French, but passed it with a 8 while I still don't speak any word (ik was gelukkig bij de luistertoets waar ik vrijveel goed had gegokt en dus een 9,4 haalde ;))

Guille's Girl
06-30-2004, 07:07 PM
vamos_guille , wow! it's great!! :) nice to meet another russian speaking person :wavey: ;)

привет! меня зовут алиса, мне восемнадцать. я живу в москве и помимо русского, знаю ещё английский и немецкий. надеюсь когда-нибудь мы сможем с тобой болтать по-русски! ;) так что удачи! :)

hi! my name is alisa, i'm 18. i live in moscow and besides russian i know also english and german. hope someday we could chat with u in russian! ;) so good luck! :)

[okay, let's try it))] hola! me llamo alisa. tengo 18 anos [not sure]. Vivo en Moscow. [... some misses in translation... ))] Bueno Suerte! :)

but it was not bad for first spanish phrases)))

btw, thanx for translation!!!! :kiss: Gracias! ;)
Hasts luego guys!

Damn pssh, you got all the hard ones. I commend you seriously :yeah:

Carito_90
06-30-2004, 07:35 PM
GG, "good luck" is "buenA suerte" in spanish :lol:

Oh btw... we (the argentinean people in the forum) might teach u some spanish, yah, but you know... besides of the accent, we have different words in our spanish than in the "standar" spanish. We say "vos" instead of "tu" (you). Do you know what i mean?
So... i dunno, just warning you lol

Jinx
06-30-2004, 08:12 PM
Spanish if kind off a hard languaje to learn (not for the brazilians jaja)

I learned it when i was very little so it was easier for me...
You should tell us what do you want us to translante and well do it !

Aguante Guille!!!! ;)

Guille's Girl
06-30-2004, 09:03 PM
We say "vos" instead of "tu" (you). Do you know what i mean?
So... i dunno, just warning you lol

What? Oh man :sad: It's gonna take me forever!

Guille's Girl
06-30-2004, 09:19 PM
yes guille has got really a sexy voice, but hear josh hartnett's voice. I haven't heard guille's voice very well (coz of translations on tv), but I think guille and josh have got the SAME sexy voice :rolleyes: :worship: :p

Eh, NO? Guille's voice is smoooooooooooooth...Josh's voice is very deep and sorta raspy. Have you seen "The Faculty"? :haha: "..you better f*ckin' sniff it." :haha: His character was funny. Ok OFF TOPIC.

Carito_90
06-30-2004, 09:23 PM

Just learn standar spanish. It's not like we dont get the other words in spanish, we do :lol: So don't worry about that... you wont learn argentinean spanish unless you come.

Guille's Girl
06-30-2004, 09:35 PM
Ah ok :yeah: :)

Carito_90
06-30-2004, 09:45 PM
yah dont worry about that, definetely don't :)

LubiG
06-30-2004, 10:20 PM

In Argentina we say 'vos' instead of 'tu'
That means you=vos

We are complicated people. *shakes head* :lol:

mordicus18
06-30-2004, 11:03 PM
Eh, NO? Guille's voice is smoooooooooooooth...Josh's voice is very deep and sorta raspy. Have you seen "The Faculty"? :haha: "..you better f*ckin' sniff it." :haha: His character was funny. Ok OFF TOPIC.
yes I've seen The Faculty, but in VF (french version). josh's french voice is the same as his real voice (I've seen an interview of him on an US website ;))

I remember something about guille : during RG, journalists have shown us all the winners of RG 2004 (from the first round to the semi-final, coz they've prepared it before the final ;)). they have interviewed Guille and asked him : "What do you think about being the winner of the winner of the winner...?" and guille answered : "hee... I don't understand the question..." :D is guille as intelligent as we thank or less ? :lol:

Washa Koroleva
06-30-2004, 11:28 PM
haha! you're all so funny. I even laugh about the sadest post :cool: :D

Alisa, ya rada shto ti goworisch pa ruskij. kak ti nawerna widesch, u mena njetu ruskiji bukwi. nadejus shto ti mena panemajisch. ti moshesh wot eta skasat pa espanskamu?

Guille's Girl
07-01-2004, 12:45 AM
I remember something about guille : during RG, journalists have shown us all the winners of RG 2004 (from the first round to the semi-final, coz they've prepared it before the final ;)). they have interviewed Guille and asked him : "What do you think about being the winner of the winner of the winner...?" and guille answered : "hee... I don't understand the question..." :D is guille as intelligent as we thank or less ? :lol:

...WHAT?! Huh?! Ah hell! I don't understand the damn question either! http://www.jakryan.com/images/Laughing.gif Good thing he didn't answer! :p

|-Safin_Coria-|
07-01-2004, 01:30 AM
aww! silly Guille :rolleyes:

Alisa
07-01-2004, 06:18 AM
oh! hola Keira!

это круто, что и ты говоришь по-русски. не знаю насколько свободно, но мне показалось, что очень даже неплохо. я тебя понимаю хорошо, надеюсь, что и ты меня понимаешь))) а сказать всё это по-испански, думаю, я не могу. особенно если учесть, что предыдущая моя запись была первой испанской фразой)

i hope u undaztood everything) if not i just say briefly that i'm happy u also speak russian. and i can't say it all in spanish...)

guys, let's try maybe some usual phrases... por favor... puerde ayude (?? am i right if yes then how it should be pronounced??..) me con espanol? gracias!

btw speaking about faculty i like elijah wood there)))

Alisa
07-01-2004, 06:25 AM
and i think it was a silly question... or maybe he just didn't want to answer)

Washa Koroleva
07-01-2004, 07:13 AM
oh! hola Keira!

это круто, что и ты говоришь по-русски. не знаю насколько свободно, но мне показалось, что очень даже неплохо. я тебя понимаю хорошо, надеюсь, что и ты меня понимаешь))) а сказать всё это по-испански, думаю, я не могу. особенно если учесть, что предыдущая моя запись была первой испанской фразой)

i hope u undaztood everything) if not i just say briefly that i'm happy u also speak russian. and i can't say it all in spanish...)

guys, let's try maybe some usual phrases... por favor... puerde ayude (?? am i right if yes then how it should be pronounced??..) me con espanol? gracias!

btw speaking about faculty i like elijah wood there)))

I understood you very well ;)
And it is ok of course :) :wavey:

vamos_guille
07-01-2004, 08:59 AM
Heu Alica, russian is a difficult language but I love it, I hope I will improve it next year. And Carito, I understood now, why it was "vos" instead of "tu" but I trusted you = you are argentinian LOL

gina_
07-01-2004, 10:02 AM
About the winner of the winner of the winner thing...I guess it means

that basically to get where he was, he had to win matches, (ie he was the winner of a winner of a winner) because as each round progresses, he has to beat people who have already beat other people in the earlier rounds.

Eh, I hope that made sense!

Micca
07-01-2004, 10:20 AM
I'm so terrible in languages, I love math and like chemistry and physics a lot as well. But languages :unsure: passed english and German only with a 5.5 :o Don't know what happened with my French, but passed it with a 8 while I still don't speak any word (ik was gelukkig bij de luistertoets waar ik vrijveel goed had gegokt en dus een 9,4 haalde ;))

OK dan! :p Doe je goed ;) Sorry guys, I had to say someting in Dutch ;)

kandykane
07-01-2004, 11:38 AM
About the winner of the winner of the winner thing...I guess it means

that basically to get where he was, he had to win matches, (ie he was the winner of a winner of a winner) because as each round progresses, he has to beat people who have already beat other people in the earlier rounds.

Eh, I hope that made sense!

oh yeah, good thinking gina!

Nymeria
07-01-2004, 01:53 PM
OK dan! :p Doe je goed ;) Sorry guys, I had to say someting in Dutch ;)

I did forget to apologize for my Dutch words, sometimes it's just easier to speak your own language :o sorry :kiss:

Micca
07-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Hahaha, I'm sorry too! :p Sometimes I got that too, but than the other way: I want to say the dutch word but I don't know what it is :confused: :p Than I only know the englisch word, that''s soooo weird :confused: Cuz' dutch is my first language....;) :rolls:

Alisa
07-01-2004, 06:02 PM
MiCca, i noticed that too. some things r more easier to name in english!! lots of things btw) there r also things that r more easier to name in german....)

Micca
07-01-2004, 06:12 PM
yeah, cuz you are from Russia and german is almost you second or third language ;) Mine is englisch and I like to speak Englisch, so I entered here :D

Alisa
07-01-2004, 06:31 PM
well my second language after russian is english too. german is not that popular here as english. i think it's everywhere... and i have a friend who learns arabien!! :aplot:

mordicus18
07-01-2004, 11:27 PM
at school my first language is english, and after german. some of my friends have chosen to learn a third, but in my school it's only italien. we've haven't got a lot of teachers so we can't learn a lot of language (and we haven't got the time, we work a lot coz in this secondary school you MUST have your exams at the end of tree years of work, and if you can't, they "ask" you if you would like to live school to go at a public one... that's why they have got a lot of good pupils... damn I'm in this school haaaaa:unsure: )

|-Safin_Coria-|
07-02-2004, 12:59 AM
wait, does Guille know English? :confused:

LubiG
07-02-2004, 01:59 AM
Nope. He always uses a traducer guy. I would gladly do that for him :o :)

Jazzy
07-02-2004, 04:25 AM
i wish i could understand spainsh!! :mad:

at least he had a translator at his press conference at Wimbledon!

vamos_guille
07-02-2004, 09:02 AM
Guillermo = William so Guille = Willy....

Micca
07-02-2004, 10:59 AM
Right, I knew that !:D

Jazzy
07-02-2004, 11:54 AM
hey thanx v_g i never got it why people called him willy - but know i do, thanx! :)

Alisa
07-02-2004, 12:13 PM
vamos_guille I NEVER KNEW THAT GUILLERMO AND WILLIAM IS THE SAME NAME!!!!!! i will be speakles for some seconds........
... ok... so. he doen't know english? i can teach him!oh! and he'll teach ma spanish! wow, everything is making up so good!!)

Micca
07-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Haha, goo thinking Alisa! I'm gonna take Spanisch at school next year, so than I'll understand him more :) And of COURSE I can teach him Englisch too :D:D But I'd rather not too, because I looooooove his Spanisch voice :inlove::drool: Hahahaha! ;)

|-Safin_Coria-|
07-02-2004, 12:56 PM
i thought that he understood English and just didn't speak it....:confused:
that stinks! he wouldn't ever know what i was saying if i talked to him....:crying2:

Micca
07-02-2004, 01:06 PM
Yeah....really weird....all the other tennisplayers know englisch, only with an accent and guille doesnt know it at ALL! :sad: kinda disapointing...But his spanisch is MUCH cuter ;):devil::inlove:;)

mordicus18
07-02-2004, 03:38 PM
you can try to draw what you want to tell him. at the biginning it could be hard, but I think he will understand. :)

for example :
-> :worship: = you're the best !

-> :spit: = do you want to drink ? ( :rolleyes: )

-> :drive: = can we go somewhere with your car ? (:p)

-> :armed: = who is this girl close to you ?

-> :inlove: = you're so gorgeouuuus

-> :rain: = it's rainning. can I go under the umbrella with you ?

-> :hearts: = woooo ! so beautiful muscles !

-> :kiss: = can I kiss you ?

-> :lick: = It was fabulous. again ?

-> :couple: = aren't we nice together ?

... and more...

Micca
07-02-2004, 07:10 PM
Nice Nice Mordicus! :p I'm sure he'll understand that ;)
:kiss: = can I kiss you? and :inlove: = you're so gorgeouuuus! are my fave's ;):p :devil:

LubiG
07-02-2004, 10:30 PM
you fogot:

:devil: = Is Carla home?

;)

Jazzy
07-03-2004, 08:57 AM
lol, good idea!

Heron
07-03-2004, 10:24 AM
you're the best is "TU ERES EL MIGLIOR" I think

kiss is BESO, so give me a kiss is QUERO UN BESO ;)
hope is helpful ;)

Micca
07-03-2004, 01:05 PM
you fogot:

;)

Hahahahahahahahahaaahaha!!!! :p :kiss: :haha: :rolls: :yippee: :bigclap: LMAO!! Good one ;)

Micca
07-03-2004, 01:06 PM
you're the best is "TU ERES EL MIGLIOR" I think

kiss is BESO, so give me a kiss is QUERO UN BESO ;)
hope is helpful ;)

WOW! Good tips Heron! :D I can use that! :devil: :p

LubiG
07-03-2004, 03:47 PM
Hahahahahahahahahaaahaha!!!! :p :kiss: :haha: :rolls: :yippee: :bigclap: LMAO!! Good one ;)

Gracias! ;) It's good to know the useful phrases for when we meet Guille :lol:

Micca
07-03-2004, 06:28 PM
Agree! :D :hug: ;) Hahaha, and then when I start my spanish next (school)year I know a couple sentences ;) :p LMAO!

Alisa
07-04-2004, 10:36 AM
hahaha!! guys it's all so funny!!! really sometimes u can talk without knowing languages.... but guys do u think u will remember at least your native language if u meet him :speakles: ;)

Micca
07-04-2004, 11:02 AM
OF COURSE I WILL!! Thats my motherlanguage! or else I will remember englisch :p (although he doesnt understand that :sad:) or else (if I know some..) spanish! :D Look forward to it! :D

kandykane
07-06-2004, 09:09 AM
Now that we know he could understand us when we speak english, then the Drawing Job is up to him, huh? imagine he draws :zzz: for one of us ;) what to you think that'd mean? :devil:

Micca
07-06-2004, 11:00 AM
Drawing Job?! Explane kandykane (Im sorry Im reallt stupid latelty :o)

mordicus18
07-06-2004, 02:39 PM
you fogot:

;)

yes you're right ;)

new ones :

:cool: = wait me 5 minutes

:armed: = I'm going to see Carla. don't move ;)

kandykane
07-06-2004, 02:41 PM
Drawing Job?! Explane kandykane (Im sorry Im reallt stupid latelty :o)

i meant that Guille has to Draw watever he's saying so that we could understand ;)

kandykane
07-06-2004, 02:43 PM
:cool: = wait me 5 minutes

make it "wait me 1/2 hour! i've got make up to put on!" ;)

Micca
07-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Oooooh!!! Hahahahaha, I SAID I was really stupid!!! :o Hahahahah But now I get it! :D ThnQ for xplaning! :D:D :hug:

kandykane
07-06-2004, 02:47 PM
you are not stupid, i didn't say it properly when i said it the first time... soz

Micca
07-06-2004, 03:00 PM
Never mind, although you didnt say it properly, other problems are difficult for me too, even the easiest thing! I dont get a thing :p I have much to learn about Guille! ;)

kandykane
07-06-2004, 03:05 PM
I have much to learn about Guille!

don't worry, we all do!

Micca
07-06-2004, 03:08 PM
:D :hug:

Jazzy
07-07-2004, 07:05 AM
lol kandykane! - so true! :lol:

mordicus18
07-07-2004, 09:30 AM
make it "wait me 1/2 hour! i've got make up to put on!" ;)
no no no I didn't say it about making up ! I wanted to say "wait me, I'm going to kill carla" :devil: :lol:

Micca
07-07-2004, 12:31 PM
Hahahhaa, good one too! :D :P :devil:

Jazzy
07-08-2004, 07:55 AM
lol :haha:

LubiG
07-10-2004, 05:20 PM
If i meet Guielle i BETTER remember my motherlanguage cause if i don't ask him for an autograph i'll kill myself!
BTW Micca, about your signature... the cat (el gato) id Gaudio, not Guille... :lol:

mordicus18
07-10-2004, 05:36 PM
If i meet Guielle i BETTER remember my motherlanguage cause if i don't ask him for an autograph i'll kill myself!
BTW Micca, about your signature... the cat (el gato) id Gaudio, not Guille... :lol:
you're wrong ! I told micca about it. at RG 2004 journalists called guille "the cat" coz he jumped and ran like a cat. a man drew him like a cat too. at the end of the final he drew a (big) mouse who eats a (small) cat :D

Alisa
07-10-2004, 05:38 PM

:lol: haha. right! i would be happy to have a pic with him too! :inlove:

LubiG
07-10-2004, 06:11 PM
you're wrong ! I told micca about it. at RG 2004 journalists called guille "the cat" coz he jumped and ran like a cat. a man drew him like a cat too. at the end of the final he drew a (big) mouse who eats a (small) cat :D

Really?? woops :o That's weird tho cause Gaudio's nickname is El Gato

mordicus18
07-10-2004, 06:14 PM
I didn't know it. I just told you about what they said on TV :)

alita
07-10-2004, 06:19 PM
Mago means magician, what Gato means, Lubig?

mordicus18
07-10-2004, 06:37 PM
gato = chat = cat

Micca
07-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Wow, what is it?? Is it Gaudio's nickname or Guille's?? Well I like mine, so Im just gonna keep it that way ;)

LubiG
07-10-2004, 06:59 PM
here they call Gaudio El gato (The cat) but maybe they did say something about Guille being like a cat on the english version of RG final (I saw the spanish one so i dunno)

Micca
07-10-2004, 07:03 PM
Ok, well I'll figure it out :)

LubiG
07-10-2004, 07:08 PM
Still, your sig is great ;)

Alisa
07-10-2004, 09:08 PM
nevetheless he is el mago!!! gato can only be a sub-nickname. sorry for a little bit off topic but i think gaudio looks just like tom cruise!!! even the same smile... )

Micca
07-11-2004, 07:08 PM
Still, your sig is great ;)

ThnQ! ;) I still keep coming up with this weird signes ;) hahaha ;)

LubiG
07-12-2004, 03:38 AM
At least they are original ;) Mine is just crazy...lol

mordicus18
07-12-2004, 08:51 AM
LubiG, your sig isn't crazy, it's real ! there are all of guille's qualities ;)

Micca
07-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Yeah! My first one was like that! :D But I wanted to change so! relly cool LubiG! :D

Nikki♥
07-12-2004, 12:23 PM
I´m too dumb to make a good signature. :o LubiG , your signature is nice by the way.

Micca
07-12-2004, 03:29 PM
Why dont you have a signature yet? You can make up a good one :D

Alisa
07-12-2004, 08:03 PM
every1 ignored what i said about gaudio i see..... :rolleyes:

mordicus18
07-12-2004, 08:18 PM
what did you say about him alisa ? :p

|-Safin_Coria-|
07-12-2004, 08:26 PM
gaudio looks NOTHING like tom cruise!

holagirl56
07-12-2004, 09:42 PM
Yeah, how old is Gaudio?

Guille's Girl
07-12-2004, 09:50 PM
Gas is 26 ya. And nooooooooooooooo he doesn't look like Tom :rolleyes: I mean, where's the hark hair, the dark eyebrows, the dark eyes, the defined jawline, shit like dat, you know what I'm sayin'?

mordicus18
07-12-2004, 09:56 PM
heeee looks like guille ??? :rolleyes:

Alisa
07-13-2004, 02:23 PM
well hair... it doesn't matter! his face, his cheeks, his smile - everything!! strange that u don't think so...... i see the resemblence so good!!) like they r brothers )

mordicus18
07-13-2004, 03:49 PM
I've got a sister but I don't look like her, she looks like a friend of her, they seem be sisters - strange isn't it ? :lol:

Nikki♥
07-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Why dont you have a signature yet? You can make up a good one :D

Creative block at the moment. Maybe I´ll make one soon. :)

Nikki♥
07-13-2004, 04:08 PM
I don´t look like anyone from my family. :rolleyes: I don´t know why, maybe my mother took the wrong baby with her when she left the hospital after my birth. That would probably explain why I´m such a crazy brat and the rest of my folks in just plain jane. ;)

mordicus18
07-13-2004, 04:34 PM
:haha:

Alisa
07-13-2004, 08:33 PM
:haha:
and there is another thing about it. i have friends that r twins. they look just the same. but i never can miss one with another even more they r so different in characters that sometimes i don't see the resemblence at all!

and i have a dog that looks like britney spears) i can't explain it but it really is so. :)

mordicus18
07-13-2004, 08:53 PM
poor dog ! :lol:
in my school there are 2 twins girls. I don't know them so for me they are exactly the same (except for clothes and boyfriends), but a friend of me knows them since they were 2 years old. so she knows who's who when she see them :)

Alisa
07-14-2004, 06:27 PM
:haha: poor britney spears))

LubiG
07-16-2004, 01:54 AM
Thanks for the compliments everyone (bour my sig)
I'm sure u can make a good one Princesa :D

I look like my mom. And i'm pretty much like my mom since we r both hippies... lol
Guille looks kinda like his dad and A LOT like Federico

kandykane
07-16-2004, 09:01 AM
Damn, i found myself more faithful to Federico than to Guille....

Ferrero Forever
07-16-2004, 12:33 PM
hi, i'd like to know if i said Te Quiero Juanqui, would that be correct? i usually hang around the ferrero forums, but i quite like coria too, so expect to see a bit more of me here

Micca
07-16-2004, 12:36 PM
Ok! Welcome here Juanqui Lover! :hug:

Jazzy
07-18-2004, 12:11 AM
hey Juanqui Lover, welcome here too :wavey:

Ferrero Forever
07-18-2004, 12:00 PM
thanks

Nikki♥
07-18-2004, 02:43 PM
Welcome Juanqui Lover! :bounce:

Carito_90
07-18-2004, 03:33 PM
Welcome Juanqui Lover! :aparty: ur gonna have a good time here! ;)

LubiG
07-26-2004, 01:00 PM
hi, i'd like to know if i said Te Quiero Juanqui, would that be correct?

Yeap, that's correct :) 'Juanqui te quiero' would also be correct... they are both good ;)

kandykane
07-27-2004, 06:43 AM
LubiG, where have you been?

Stella
07-27-2004, 12:10 PM
te amo,
is it right?

mordicus18
07-27-2004, 01:15 PM
te amo,
is it right?
I don't speak spanish or italian, but I think 'te amo' is italian :confused:, like the song :rolleyes: ;) :p

LubiG
07-30-2004, 01:25 AM
LubiG, where have you been?

School! I hate it when school keeps me away from my dear Guille, but i'm back now :)
Te amo is correct too, and it's spanish ;)

kandykane
07-30-2004, 04:41 AM
i think most of us are on summer holidays, do you have different holidays from us?

mordicus18
07-30-2004, 07:20 AM
School! I hate it when school keeps me away from my dear Guille, but i'm back now :)
Te amo is correct too, and it's spanish ;)
ok ok I shut up :tape:

Corinna
07-30-2004, 10:43 AM
i think most of us are on summer holidays, do you have different holidays from us?
I'm on summer holidays, too. :hug:

Corinna
07-30-2004, 10:45 AM
What's "I'm on holidays" in Spanish?
Is it right that I have to use the verb estar?

mordicus18
07-30-2004, 11:01 AM
I'm on holidays since the end of june until the begining of september :p and next wednesday I go to the beach :banana:

kandykane
07-30-2004, 05:35 PM
i've only got 10 days of holidays left :sad:

LubiG
08-02-2004, 08:43 PM
What's "I'm on holidays" in Spanish?
Is it right that I have to use the verb estar?

Yeap. It's 'Estoy de vacaciones'
My vacation are different from most of you because you are on the north part of the world and i'm down here... lol
I was on winter vacation till last wednesday.

mordicus18
08-02-2004, 08:48 PM
oooh... so you've got christmas in summer, it's strange for me :scratch: here the weather is horrible : more than 30°C sometimes, and 35°C yesterday :drool: terrible :p

Guille's Girl
08-02-2004, 08:57 PM
Yeap. It's 'Estoy de vacaciones'
My vacation are different from most of you because you are on the north part of the world and i'm down here... lol
I was on winter vacation till last wednesday.

*GG slaps herself* DUH!! :rolleyes: I knew that...."estoy" for temporary instances and "soy" for permanent instances. Gosh I'm so slow!! :sad: I want to learn so bad! But I suck and now I don't have time! http://www.pcpig.com/face/191.gif :mad:

LubiG
08-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Don't worry GG i'm sure you'll manage it someday! ;)
Yeah i have summer christmas... mostly arround 35- 28º on xmas!

mordicus18
08-02-2004, 09:32 PM
Yeah i have summer christmas... mostly arround 35- 28º on xmas!
:eek: wooooo - me around 0°C :rolleyes: ;)

LubiG
08-02-2004, 09:34 PM
Yeah... my xmas is so NOT movie like... :lol:

mordicus18
08-02-2004, 09:44 PM
Yeah... my xmas is so NOT movie like... :lol:
but... when begin the school year ? in france it's in september, after the summer holidays......... I start school n the 3rd september this year :(

kandykane
08-03-2004, 03:03 AM
i start next tuesday :sad:...

anyway, LubiG, i actually forgot argentina is in the southern hemisphere... stupid me.

you guys are so lucky it's not so hot at your place, it's practically over 37 degrees here every day for 3 weeks now.... it's like that every year, and it's quite normal for temperature to go over 40 here.... :worship: air-con

ewana
08-03-2004, 11:47 AM
I start my school next wednesday..
We have about -25 or -30 degrees in Christmas... ;)

OO, I want hot summer too!! :sad: In Finland it have rained almost
two weeks and it have been so cold even we have summer, about
17 degrees, I'm glad that today it little bit warmer.. :yippee:

mordicus18
08-03-2004, 04:31 PM
go to france ! here it's 30°C ! OMG I'll die...

LubiG
08-09-2004, 02:06 AM
but... when begin the school year ? in france it's in september, after the summer holidays......... I start school n the 3rd september this year :(

In March, after our summer holidays ;)