What is the Espn schedule for 6-27-04? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What is the Espn schedule for 6-27-04?

henree
06-27-2004, 04:24 AM
As far as I know coverage starts at 7am & 4pm pacific time, but I can't find out how long the coverage will be. I work all day tomorrow and need to set the vcr to tape these matches. Anyone know the exact time coverage begins and ends. Thanks...

Fee
06-27-2004, 05:05 AM
3 hours for the morning session, which will be immediately followed by NBC's coverage. I believe the afternoon session is only 2 hours. Both will be on ESPN2.

Lee
06-27-2004, 06:49 AM
From tennisweek.com

http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=11121&bannerregion=

ESPN's Sunday Schedule For Wimbledon

By Tennis Week
06/27/2004

Wimbledon will host play on the middle Sunday for only the third time in history tomorrow and ESPN and ESPN2 will provide added coverage of the action.

ESPN will show five hours of action from London. ESPN2 has added a three-hour telecast at 10 a.m. Eastern time featuring the top-seeded man; defending champion Roger Federer; seventh-seeded Jennifer Capriati; and Britain's Tim Henman, the No. 5 seed. In addition, the previously scheduled two-hour program at 7 p.m., which was expected to review the first week's competition, will now show same-day coverage of matches, primarily top-seeded Serena Williams vs. Magui Serna of Spain.

ESPN's Wimbledon programming now will total more than 120 hours and will continue through next weekend with a special, live, one-hour SportsCenter at Wimbledon immediately following coverage of the Ladies' Championship Saturday, July 3rd at 2 p.m. and the Gentlemen's title Sunday, July 4 at 3 p.m.

Coverage this Monday -Wednesday will commence each day at 7 a.m. on ESPN2 for three hours, with four hours on ESPN at 1 p.m. (blacked out in the Pacific Time Zone from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. PT). Each night, ESPN2 will provide three hours of highlights at 7 p.m. This coming Thursday and Friday, coverage will also start at 7 a.m., but on ESPN, featuring a Ladies' Semifinal Thursday and a Gentlemen's Semifinal Friday.

ESPN2 Sunday Schedule

ESPN2 Sunday, June 27th 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Eastern time.

(7) Jennifer Capriati (USA) vs. Nathalie Dechy (FRA)
Commentators: Cliff Drysdale & Mary Joe Fernandez

(1) Roger Federer (SUI) vs. T. Johansson (SWE)
Commentators: Tim Ryan & MaliVai Washington

(5) Tim Henman (GBR) vs. (32) Hicham Arazi (MAR)
Commentators: Dick Enberg & Patrick McEnroe

ESPN2 Sunday, June 27: 7-9 p.m. Eastern time Ladies' Third Round (1) Serena Williams (USA) vs. Magui Serna (ESP)
Commentators: Dick Enberg & Mary Joe Fernandez

As you can see Roddick vs Dent is not on ESPN schedule, so check NBC for the match.

naiwen
06-27-2004, 08:48 AM
This is what I got from tennis.com:

Sunday, June 27: ESPN2 4-7 a.m. (T); NBC 1-4 p.m. (T); ESPN2 7-9 p.m. (T)

ESPN is showing Roddick now. Hmm, let me guess, then Serena, Venus, Capriati and maybe Hewitt vs Ivanisevic.

Deboogle!.
06-27-2004, 11:26 AM
the 4-7 am was the highlights show repeat, that's not "new" tennis. ESPN2 will have special coverage from 10am-1pm eastern, not sure if it'll be live but it's play from Sunday.