Bernard Tomic def. Ti Chen 6-3 4-6 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Bernard Tomic def. Ti Chen 6-3 4-6 6-4

Matchu
04-01-2008, 10:33 AM
In a future tournament in Japan. Ti Chen is currently ranked 293 and was the number 1 seed here. I thought it was worth a mention.

Jaap
04-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Good win for the Croat.

CooCooCachoo
04-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Expected this loss for Ti, who has been having horrible scores in Futures for a while now :help:

FluffyYellowBall
04-01-2008, 12:04 PM
I have a question!

How do u guys keep up with futures/challenger tournaments if a-Theyre not broadcasted on tv (Mabe some national tournaments) and b-whor these players?!

jitterbug
04-01-2008, 12:09 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145

FluffyYellowBall
04-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Ok soo...that way id get to know some names only!Thats like watching tennis on live scores!

CooCooCachoo
04-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Ok soo...that way id get to know some names only!Thats like watching tennis on live scores!

Some Challengers have live streams. For instance, Dallas has a great one. I hear that Florianopolis in two weeks from now will also have one. If you just keep an eye on the Challenger Forum, you will be able to follow the action.

The Barletta final was apparently online as well.

Other than that, especially for Futures, you will have to visit some yourself (if there are any near you). I have visited Challengers and Futures myself, and Grand Slam qualies, which is how I got to know many players. And even then, I still don't know a loooot of them (mostly in Futures).

Sean.J.S.
04-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Good win for the Croat.

:confused:

jcempire
04-01-2008, 01:52 PM
I have a question!

How do u guys keep up with futures/challenger tournaments if a-Theyre not broadcasted on tv (Mabe some national tournaments) and b-whor these players?!

LOL:haha:

betowiec
04-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Good win for the Croat.

oz boy

FSRteam
04-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Expected this loss for Ti, who has been having horrible scores in Futures for a while now :help:

Well... chen lost to the eventual champion 7-6 7-6 last week and made the finals the week before... so I guess he isn't playing that bad...

Congrats to tomic, great result! :)

FluffyYellowBall
04-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Some Challengers have live streams. For instance, Dallas has a great one. I hear that Florianopolis in two weeks from now will also have one. If you just keep an eye on the Challenger Forum, you will be able to follow the action.

The Barletta final was apparently online as well.

Other than that, especially for Futures, you will have to visit some yourself (if there are any near you). I have visited Challengers and Futures myself, and Grand Slam qualies, which is how I got to know many players. And even then, I still don't know a loooot of them (mostly in Futures).
Well then id better make sure to follow some challengers and futures :cool:
There are a few here but when i notice that they are all above 25 years i dont think its worth it. But Niemenens brother played here once!

jcempire if u think its funny and "un-tennis fan like" not to watch challengers ur weird :rolleyes:

CooCooCachoo
04-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Well... chen lost to the eventual champion 7-6 7-6 last week and made the finals the week before... so I guess he isn't playing that bad...

Congrats to tomic, great result! :)

Check the scorelines. Ti is a better player than anyone he has met in these events. I agree the loss to Motomura wasn't horrible, but he has been struggling pretty much in every single match.

CooCooCachoo
04-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Well then id better make sure to follow some challengers and futures :cool:
There are a few here but when i notice that they are all above 25 years i dont think its worth it. But Niemenens brother played here once!

jcempire if u think its funny and "un-tennis fan like" not to watch challengers ur weird :rolleyes:

I think you are mistaken. There is no age minimum for Challengers and Futures :lol: I am not sure where you are located. Egypt? If so, there were some Futures there recently. You lucked out on seeing Victor Crivoi then :p

And Jarkko's brother? I suppose you mean Timo Nieminen. As far as I know, they are not related. And are not brothers for sure. Nieminen is a common surname in Finland.

FluffyYellowBall
04-01-2008, 10:19 PM
I think you are mistaken. There is no age minimum for Challengers and Futures :lol: I am not sure where you are located. Egypt? If so, there were some Futures there recently. You lucked out on seeing Victor Crivoi then :p

And Jarkko's brother? I suppose you mean Timo Nieminen. As far as I know, they are not related. And are not brothers for sure. Nieminen is a common surname in Finland.

Yea i know there is no minimum but when i click on the players profiles (of the players playing in the tourneys here) no one striked me as possibly making it big.
After i looked at this thread I checked the challenger/futures calendar and noticed that i JUST missed 3 tournaments :( One just ended on the 24th of march the other ended a day before! So yes i looked at the draw, there were a few youngsters but i have no idea what ive missed! SHould go and watch next time :mad:

Timbo
04-04-2008, 05:55 AM
Bernard was well beaten in the 2nd round, but some encouraging results nonetheless. A 3-4 win/loss record in pro events is pretty impressive for any 15 year-old. A week practising with Hewitt before the Davis Cup next week will do him some good.