Nadal beats Kiefer 6-2 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal beats Kiefer 6-2 6-4

FluffyYellowBall
03-31-2008, 12:13 AM
Very good stuff from Nadal especially the serve. Didnt let the rain effect him much but he got a bit tight closing out the match.. I can see him winning this.

connectolove
03-31-2008, 12:14 AM
Well done Rafa, you have secured the #2 spot for another month! :) :p

TMJordan
03-31-2008, 12:14 AM
Bamoooooooooooooooos :yippee:

Sean.J.S.
03-31-2008, 12:16 AM
Congrats Rafa. Played well. ;)

Labamba
03-31-2008, 12:16 AM
Kiefer had no chance, bad match-up for him

solid stuff from Nadal

l_mac
03-31-2008, 12:17 AM
:rocker2:

Best I've seen from Rafa this year in the 1st set.

The 2nd set was scrappier with all the delays, but good enough.

I cannot emphasise enough just how great he looks from the waist down in that Miami outfit :drool: :inlove: :hearts:

gusman890
Vamos Rafa.

Hes playing well, I can see him going far.

TMJordan
:rocker2:

Best I've seen from Rafa this year in the 1st set.

The 2nd set was scrappier with all the delays, but good enough.

I cannot emphasise enough just how great he looks from the waist down in that Miami outfit :drool: :inlove: :hearts:

Almost as good as Stepanek from the chin up?

Sunset of Age
03-31-2008, 12:18 AM
Very solid display from Raf in the first set - don't think I've seen him play this well in a very long period of time. 100% second serve points won... :worship:

Second set was a little less brilliant - of course with the two rain interruptions, the hawkeye system-big screen not working (which very much annoyed Kiefer :lol:), it was more difficult to keep the momentum.

Very good job from Rafa, I see him reach the final here if he keeps up playing at this level. :yeah:

RogiRafaFan86
That last service game was tighter than any other point in the entire match, and yet there was no question who would win it. Same as the match. That first set, Rafa was on fire. Cracking winners, not hitting UE's. The intensity was great. The second set wasn't brilliant, but that rain delay messed with his rhythm for a return game or so, but he got it together quickly. There really was nothing Kiefer could do.

Congrats Rafa!

HeretiC
Impressive 1st set, only 4 points lost on his serve.

Neely
03-31-2008, 12:19 AM
Pretty bad from Kiefer until midway the 2nd set. After he got broken in the 2nd set, his serve % rose again and he even played a few decent points and got some good lucks due to that and some rare errors of Nadal. Overall just too good from Nadal, he ripped some brutal forehands past Kiefer for some points. In the whole scenario, it could have been worse for Kiefer, too. I'm not that disappointed about this match.

Good luck for the rest of tournament, Rafa!

Voo de Mar
03-31-2008, 12:19 AM
No chance for Kiefer against top players :help:

anon57
03-31-2008, 12:21 AM
Great first set from Nadal, the second wasn't quite as good probably due to the delays but still overall a very solid performance from him. It's gonna take someone playing extremely well to take him out.

Clay Death
03-31-2008, 12:21 AM
Very solid display from Raf in the first set - don't think I've seen him play this well in a very long period of time. 100% second serve points won... :worship:

Second set was a little less brilliant - of course with the two rain interruptions, the hawkeye system-big screen not working (which very much annoyed Kiefer :lol:), it was more difficult to keep the momentum.

Very good job from Rafa, I see him reach the final here if he keeps up playing at this level. :yeah:

see what happens when he takes care of his serve. it allows him to relax and return better. there is less pressure. being a little more assault minded goes a long way on hard courts.

22 winners and just 15 unforced errors. rain delays threw his momentum off or those stats might have been better.

his royal vamosity (aka the Clay Monster) lives.

l_mac
03-31-2008, 12:23 AM
Almost as good as Stepanek from the chin up?

:ras: He's delicious. But I take points off for that hideous bandana :( Anyway, it is hard to concentrate on his other attributes when he wears white shorts. Especially when they get damp :inlove: :hearts:

Neely
03-31-2008, 12:24 AM
There really was nothing Kiefer could do.
A good start would be not letting his 1st serve % drop to something like (I believe it was) 33% as he did until the point at which he was broken in the 2nd set. And he has to bring this forehand down the line earlier and more often. His backhand wasn't much of a problem today, overall it held up sufficiently against Nadal's forehand spins. Forehand was a bigger error weakness.

Sunset of Age
03-31-2008, 12:24 AM
see what happens when he takes care of his serve. it allows him to relax and return better. there is less pressure. being a little more assault minded goes a long way on hard courts.

Yes, and I might now conclude that his 8 aces in his first match were indeed the result of his serve having been improved. That's very nice to see! :D

Bodes very well for his chances to win this tournament.

Laba
03-31-2008, 12:25 AM
Now that's what I like to see. ;)

Well done Rafa, great first set and good to see the delays and such didn't have much of an affect on you. Mathieu next, that should be good.

Yappa
In the whole scenario, it could have been worse for Kiefer, too. I'm not that disappointed about this match.

The easy forehand errors annoyed me, though.
And it's funny how the commentators said that he tried to hit the bh when he clearly went for the fh shots.

TMJordan
:ras: He's delicious. But I take points off for that hideous bandana :( Anyway, it is hard to concentrate on his other attributes when he wears white shorts. Especially when they get damp :inlove: :hearts:

:fangirl:

l_mac
03-31-2008, 12:26 AM

No shit, Sherlock.

connectolove

I agree, he is sooo delicious! but I think that he should go for a short hair look. He is ready for it... :p:eek:

Ranger

Your shorts are damp, too, what? :p

Solid win from Nadal, great 1st set from him. Kiefer to many errors on important points.

Mansave_75
Nadal has played in a high level specially in the first, it was the most brilliant set he has played in hard courts this year so far... so let's hope he can maintain this top level.

TMJordan
No shit, Sherlock.

Radek's outfits are so much nicer, even I fanboy over them.

*bunny*
03-31-2008, 12:27 AM
Great serving from Rafa. I was particularly impressed when Kiefer reached deuce on Rafa's serve early in the second set, Rafa held the game with two aces and a service winner. You need that sort of serves to win on hard courts constantly. :)
I also loved his FH down the line winners.
Good luck to Rafa against PHM! :yeah:

connectolove
03-31-2008, 12:29 AM
Radek's outfits are so much nicer, even I fanboy over them.

EEEEWWW!!!:scared: just the thought makes my heart race, but not the right way! EEEWWWW!!!

TMJordan
03-31-2008, 12:31 AM
EEEEWWW!!!:scared: just the thought makes my heart race, but not the right way! EEEWWWW!!!

Did you see his referee outfit at Hamburg or his Czech Republic outfit for Davis Cup? He is just the best.

Merton
03-31-2008, 12:32 AM
This Nadal is dangerous.

connectolove
03-31-2008, 12:34 AM
Did you see his referee outfit at Hamburg or his Czech Republic outfit for Davis Cup? He is just the best.

Stepanek is one of a kind :rolls: and yes, I have seem some of his outfits ... :rocker:

dylan24
03-31-2008, 12:38 AM
why don't they just give nadal the title now.
no one is going to beat him.
fed will tank again like he did at IW
if rafa is still around come SF time.

zadle69
03-31-2008, 12:40 AM
his match took too long for the score. it should have been over in less time. when you look at mathieu and stapenek match it was in less time and the scores were closer. and dont blame the rain delay because they stop the time of the match and resume the time when plays begins for the total. so i see imo nadal having problems with berdych stepanek or blake. no final this year. those 3 players have a game that will hurt him. mathieu also may have a game also. mathieu may cause a problem as well. as nadal have problems keeping up his serve. his serve will be the downfall for his as well

zadle69
03-31-2008, 12:41 AM
his match took too long for the score. it should have been over in less time. when you look at mathieu and stapenek match it was in less time and the scores were closer. and dont blame the rain delay because they stop the time of the match and resume the time when plays begins for the total. so i see imo nadal having problems with berdych stepanek or blake. no final this year. those 3 players have a game that will hurt him. mathieu also may have a game also. mathieu may cause a problem as well. as nadal have problems keeping up his serve. his serve will be the downfall for his as well

Clay Death
03-31-2008, 12:41 AM

or just a nymphomaniac. that said, we like her anyway. one of the most creative and one of the sexiest posters here.

l mac has it going on as they say here in the States.

DhammaTiger
03-31-2008, 12:42 AM
I was so impressed with Rafa in the first he was just magnificent. I had such palpatations when he served for the match but he made it without facing a breakpoint. I notice that when he bounces the ball a lot he can't get a first serve, that was especially true in his last 2 service games. Did anyone else notice it? It may have been the interuptions that effected his service rhythm in the second set. Good luck with the rest of the tournament Rafa :yippee: Vamos Rafa:woohoo

GuiroNl
03-31-2008, 12:44 AM

If the Bandana was red he would look like Karate Kid or some Kamikaze pilot :haha:

connectolove
03-31-2008, 12:53 AM
Well, Miami is being good to rafa so far, specially after having the Jjoker out of the game so early on. I don't know about Rafa beating Fed, there are still other matches before.

Good Luck to NADAL!!!

The Pro
03-31-2008, 12:54 AM

He looks pretty good from the waist up to.

So sun-kissed and shiny! :hearts:

I thought he was playing well. He made Keifer look really average. Plus without the delays the match could have been sewn up in just over an hour. I think his good form in Indian Wells has imbued him with the confidence to make something out of this year! :D

guga2120
03-31-2008, 12:55 AM
why don't they just give nadal the title now.
no one is going to beat him.
fed will tank again like he did at IW
if rafa is still around come SF time.

Fed won't tank especially if he gets to a final.

Nadal next 2 matches he should win, but Blake could certainly beat him in the QF's.

Sunset of Age
03-31-2008, 12:58 AM
Fed won't tank especially if gets to a final.

He still has to get there first - and deciding from what I've seen from both players (which isn't much I admit ;)), I have yet to see whether Fed would have any change against an apparently in-form Rafa.

Nadal next 2 matches he should win, but Blake could certainly beat him in the QF's.

Could, but will he? I don't see it happening. Blake barely got past Santoro today. Rather the contrary, I see Rafa beat him again like he did in IW.

tennizen
03-31-2008, 12:58 AM
Whenever everyone gets excited about how well Rafa played on a given day, he plays awful the next day and loses. I do not want him to lose to PHM:lol:

Sunset of Age
03-31-2008, 01:00 AM
Whenever everyone gets excited about how well Rafa played on a given day, he plays awful the next day and loses. I do not want him to lose to PHM:lol:

As is the same with many other players. ;)

*bunny*
03-31-2008, 01:05 AM
No, the time shown on the scoreboard is wrong. You were clearly not watching the match.
It started at about 9:45 p.m. GMT, the first set took about 33 minutes. The first rain came at about 10:25 p.m., and the players resumed the play at about 10:40 p.m. The second rain startd at about 10:50 p.m., the payers returned at 11:25 p.m. and hit for about 5 minutes before the match resumed. The match ended at about midnight GMT. Add up the match time and it's about 80 minutes. Not that long.

hra87
03-31-2008, 01:06 AM

Nadal could underhand the ball into the service box and PHM would just choke himself to death. No need to worry.

tennizen
03-31-2008, 01:07 AM
Nadal could underhand the ball into the service box and PHM would just choke himself to death. No need to worry.

Normally, I would agree. But this being 2008 and with all the parallel universe stuff what if Matheiu stops choking:mad::lol:

Corey Feldman
03-31-2008, 01:16 AM
Man you suck Kiwi :o

platinum
03-31-2008, 01:45 AM
Vamoz Rafa.

sawan66278
03-31-2008, 02:26 AM
FANTASTIC first set from Rafa. If he could only play with this aggression and court positioning on a consistent basis: a hard court slam would be his in the future.

Veronique
03-31-2008, 02:27 AM
Good to see his career is still not over.

On round at a time, Raf!

StevoTG
03-31-2008, 03:31 AM
The first set from Rafa was a joy to behold, marvelous and inspiring stuff :worship::worship:
Second set was a more scrappy affair, perhaps due to the rain delays, but still a job well done by Rafa :clap2::clap2:

Clay Death
03-31-2008, 03:36 AM
FANTASTIC first set from Rafa. If he could only play with this aggression and court positioning on a consistent basis: a hard court slam would be his in the future.

lets not get carried away now. he only played a hapless 31 year old who has spent the last 3 years being injured time and again.

SwiSha
03-31-2008, 03:37 AM
good job kid

TMJordan
03-31-2008, 03:37 AM
Nadal will win this title, no doubt.

Lucinda
03-31-2008, 06:30 AM

Agreed. PHM is too choketacular to let anyone out-choke him. He might as well gift wrap it.

And am I the only one that likes Nadal's headband?

Action Jackson
03-31-2008, 06:36 AM
Nadal has a bye into the QFs.

Bascule
03-31-2008, 06:36 AM

:haha:Oh, dear, you're funny as always. Dream on!:hug:

Aerien
03-31-2008, 06:47 AM
Those were some pretty quick swings from Rafa until the rain delay. I'm glad he won with such a scoreline over someone like Kiefer (whom I had fun thinking that maybe Rafa was seeing Ferrer instead and that made him more aggressive).

Is it just my imagination or was the Miami crowd booing Kiefer after the match?

Pity I didn't get to see Arantxa interview Rafa afterwards.

BlueSwan
03-31-2008, 06:54 AM
Rafa always does well in Miami and it's gonna take a hardhitting player on a roll to take him out. Mathieu, next round? No way. Stepanek? I don't think so! Blake? Maybe, but Nadal beat him in IW and is playing better now. Maybe Berdych in the semis, but he'd have to get there first.

Halba
03-31-2008, 07:02 AM
this nadal is better. keep it up against top players.

spriwi
03-31-2008, 07:02 AM
rafa :yeah: solid win :D

now own phm again :bored:

KitinovRules
03-31-2008, 08:14 AM
Rafa was impressive, I haven't seen him playing like this in a very long time.
1st serve was very good, got lots of free points especially in the first set.

After this performance I would love to see Rafa against Fed in the finals.

Though now Fed's form could be a problem.

Exodus
03-31-2008, 08:19 AM
now it's time for mathie to realize his hidden potential by killing the piggy

MariaV
03-31-2008, 08:47 AM

And we know how you have been with your predictions. :lol:

Roland9
03-31-2008, 09:36 AM
Haven't seen the match, but it's really good to hear that Nadal served well... It's a bit interesting too actually, because I thought his serve was usually off at IW.

Anyhoo, keep going.

Aenea
03-31-2008, 11:29 AM
Rafa always does well in Miami and it's gonna take a hardhitting player on a roll to take him out. Mathieu, next round? No way. Stepanek? I don't think so! Blake? Maybe, but Nadal beat him in IW and is playing better now. Maybe Berdych in the semis, but he'd have to get there first.
Didn't know Berdych was a hardhitting player.

stebs
03-31-2008, 12:42 PM
Excellent level for Nadal to be showing. If he plays at this level he will have his chances at this event.

krystlel
03-31-2008, 12:43 PM
Nadal hit some :eek: shots in the first set and served very well for his standards.

Kiefer played poorly though and wasn't able to string anything together really although some of his errors were forced.

KaxMisha
03-31-2008, 01:03 PM

Is this a joke? :confused:

Deivid23
03-31-2008, 03:07 PM
Some signs of life out there, good win Rafa, no need for the :help: icon this time

Jaap
03-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Nadal should clinch this tournament.

l_mac
03-31-2008, 03:15 PM

Is this a joke? :confused:

Was it a joke? Berdych is one of the biggest hitters on the tour.

He's also a :retard: and when he's bad he is AWFUL which is why I'm not a particular fan.

Aenea
03-31-2008, 03:29 PM
Was it a joke? Berdych is one of the biggest hitters on the tour.

He's also a :retard: and when he's bad he is AWFUL which is why I'm not a particular fan.
Oh, come on, what's the big deal. Yeah, I didn't know he was a ballbasher. Berdych is the only player on the tour I despise. I watched him play only once more than a year ago. Don't know much about his play and don't care. Go, Dima.

l_mac
03-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Oh, come on, what's the big deal. Yeah, I didn't know he was a ballbasher. Berdych is the only player on the tour I despise. I watched him play only once more than a year ago. Don't know much about his play and don't care. Go, Dima.

Oh, okay.

He strikes the ball very well. He's just very inconsistent. And his temperament is .. questionable.

Why don't you like him if you've only seen him play once? That's quite an impression he made :lol:

elessar
03-31-2008, 04:24 PM
Why don't you like him if you've only seen him play once? That's quite an impression he made :lol:
:secret: Am I allowed to take a guess at which match she saw ?

l_mac
03-31-2008, 04:25 PM

:tape:

What are you doing here??? WORK.

The Pro
I thought the whole shushing thing in Madrid was a bit :rolleyes: :retard:

But for some reason I still like him.

elessar
:tape:

What are you doing here??? WORK.
:sobbing: I'm leaving

KaxMisha
03-31-2008, 05:38 PM

So you don't know anything about his game, yet you despise him? WOW! Sounds like a true tennis fan! :retard:

l_mac
03-31-2008, 05:42 PM

Did you watch the match? :)

Aenea
03-31-2008, 06:17 PM
Oh, okay.

He strikes the ball very well. He's just very inconsistent. And his temperament is .. questionable.

Yeah he did. As you said yourself questionable temperament.

Your guess is right :)

I thought the whole shushing thing in Madrid was a bit :rolleyes: :retard:

But for some reason I still like him.
I cannot bring myself to like him.

Neely
03-31-2008, 06:21 PM
Is it just my imagination or was the Miami crowd booing Kiefer after the match?
Yes, they were, and there would be enough reasons why, but considering that Canas for example got so many boos yesterday despite playing a good match, I don't think it has much meaning at all if they're booing :lol:

FluffyYellowBall
03-31-2008, 07:35 PM
Yes, they were, and there would be enough reasons why, but considering that Canas for example got so many boos yesterday despite playing a good match, I don't think it has much meaning at all if they're booing :lol:

I didnt notice...Why did Canas and Kiefer get bood yesterday?

aurora2006
03-31-2008, 07:51 PM
Rafa,the first set was really awsome i was just :eek:!
So i'm really hoping that you keep up this level of play!:bigclap:
p.s. i like the bandana too :p

DrJules
03-31-2008, 08:28 PM
Nadal is playing better than the other title contenders.

He remains the favourite to win.

Neither Federer nor Roddick impressing.

acionescu
03-31-2008, 10:06 PM
Normally, I would agree. But this being 2008 and with all the parallel universe stuff what if Matheiu stops choking:mad::lol:

:eek:

And am I the only one that likes Nadal's headband?

Not really, I like it, too! :o :D

Great match! Hope to see a new Fed-Nadal final! :banana: