Miami R3: Tursunov def. Lopez 4-6 6-3 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami R3: Tursunov def. Lopez 4-6 6-3 6-4

RogiRafaFan86
03-30-2008, 06:28 PM
And another seed (and Spaniard) bites the dust.

At least Lopez got a set out of it. :lol: He had a bp to get back on serve in the 2nd set, but couldn't convert. He also got to deuce when Dima initially had 40-0 on his serve late in the 3rd, and he had BP when Dima served for the match. I knew it would be a close match, and it really was if you look at the stats. You just knew it would come down to who blinked first. In the first set it was Dima, and in the last 2 sets it was Feli. For both of them just one sloppy service game in the sets they lost was all it took.

These two are very evenly matched based on their first two matches. Now their H2H is 1-1.

All in all, with that great run in Dubai, not a bad start to the year for Lopez. He ended last season in the top 35, and he's still there. Clay is not his surface (that SF in Stuttgart last year notwithstanding), but he only has 20 points to defend before Wimbledon. He can gain some points for sure.

camnation
03-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Well done Dima, nice to see him string a few wins together.

finishingmove
03-30-2008, 06:29 PM
thank god its over...

disgusting

TankingTheSet
Tursunov got a warning for trying to hit/kill a bird with the ball, he was pissed with the umpire and also didn't shake hands, and the crowd booed him off.
:eek:

rocketassist
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Good lad Dima, I was right to pick him. :yeah:

gambit84
03-30-2008, 06:30 PM
OMG :rolls:

Dima is totally crazy!!! He talk about birds, umidity :rolls:

ryan23
Tursunov's attitude really was bad- the crowd didn't like him at all at the end big boo's

Labamba
Dima acted like a jerk and was rightly booed of the court.

Bilbo
dima got outbooed at the end of the match. deserved one.

AnnaK_4ever
03-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Mitya tried to choke VERY hard when serving for the match. Thanks god he failed to do it :lol:

TankingTheSet
03-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Tursunov got a warning for trying to hit/kill a bird with the ball, he was pissed with the umpire and also didn't shake hands, and the crowd booed him off. :eek:

TheBoiledEgg
03-30-2008, 06:32 PM
lucky escape PHEW !!!!!!!

Alex999
03-30-2008, 06:33 PM
Tursunov got a warning for trying to hit/kill a bird with the ball, he was pissed with the umpire and also didn't shake hands, and the crowd booed him off. :eek:
Are you serious, lol? What happened?

Adler
I thought it will be a better match. Well, shit happens

Going to see some of Blake - Santoro. This is the main dish today

FluffyYellowBall
Dima's such a girl. He actually said "I told u before the set that id take more time between points"

He might as well ask for 3 serves..

krystlel
03-30-2008, 06:34 PM
I didn't notice the booing. I didn't understand why Tursunov hit that ball out of court, totally confusing and there was no reason to be complaining about a warning. It's not like a penalty or anything.

Not a very interesting match, though expected. A poor service game cost Lopez the second set and not enough first serves, the third set and that was about it.

Roland9
03-30-2008, 06:34 PM

What the..?

Why the hell was he trying to kill a bird?.. Where was the bird?..

krystlel
03-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Oh, so that was what he was trying to do? :rolleyes:

Zaba
03-30-2008, 06:35 PM
:haha:
The umpire told Dima off for trying to hit a bird
Dima: "what are you, greenpeace?"

Horatio Caine
03-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Hopefully things will continue to look up for Dima...going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment. At least he didn't "choke" this match away, as he did with Chela the other week.

HoistDaColors
He was throwing a fit about the time warning and I think he didn't shake the umpire's hand after the game. Was the latter the reason the crowd boo-ed him? I only saw the last few games so I don't know if other things went on.

Dima good win but gebus show some class.

TankingTheSet
Are you serious, lol? What happened?

I didn't really watch it closely but I think he hit a ball at a bird after the umpire told him not to do it and got a warning for time violation.

madmanfool
03-30-2008, 06:37 PM

I thought he got a time violation warning? He was complaining about the humidity and all..

Horatio Caine
The umpire told Dima off for trying to hit a bird
Dima: "what are you, greenpeace?"

:lol: Nice response, but one can't condone his actions though.

Where was this bird anyway? :rolleyes:

madmanfool
I didn't really watch it closely but I think he hit a ball at a bird after the umpire told him not to do it and got a warning for time violation.

ah ok

Xristos
03-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Why did Tursunov get jeered off court?

anon57
03-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Pretty poor behavior from Tursunov imo, but the match wasn't bad. :yeah: to Tursunov for winning even if it wasn't the most convincing of wins. Although next time maybe he just cut down on the complaining.

goldenlox
Tursunov hit some big 1st serves in that last game, and that beard looks shit.

FluffyYellowBall
Why's everyone saying that he go a warning coz he tried to kill the bird? He took time because the bird got into his way of serving...Thats y he was like, 90 degrees and 70% humidity, ur just sitting in the shade..Something like that..

Bilbo
03-30-2008, 06:41 PM
dima hitting at birds, having a beef with layani the best umpire out there and playing brainless tennis. how can anybody be a fan of this tool?

sawan66278
03-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Tursunov's attitude really was bad- the crowd didn't like him at all at the end big boo's

Where's the joking and pleasant humor, Tursunov?:rolleyes: Now, if you took your tennis as seriously as your efforts to kill a bird, maybe you'd have accomplished something.

And to get upset at Mohamed...one of the best chairs (and funniest) on the tour? Pathetic.

FluffyYellowBall
03-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Why did Tursunov get jeered off court?

Coz he didnt shake hands with the umpire and acted like an idiot.

RogiRafaFan86
03-30-2008, 06:42 PM
dima hitting at birds, having a beef with layani the best umpire out there and playing brainless tennis. how can anybody be a fan of this tool?

Because he writes funny blogs, of course!!!!

:rolleyes:

osalsyst
03-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Dmitry trying to kill a bird!!!

3 3-setters in a row for him against good opponents. Hopefully he does well against Berdych presumably although I'd rather see him play Ferrero.

TankingTheSet
03-30-2008, 06:44 PM
Why's everyone saying that he go a warning coz he tried to kill the bird? He took time because the bird got into his way of serving...Thats y he was like, 90 degrees and 70% humidity, ur just sitting in the shade..Something like that..

I wasn't quite sure what happened but the commentator on my feed said he was trying to kill a bird -- could be mistaken.

JimmyV
03-30-2008, 06:44 PM
but like OMG D00DZ DID YOU SEE RODDICK I THINK HE SAID SOMETHING TO THE UMPIRE AND HE WAS TALKING TO HIMSELF WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT ASSHOLE I HOPE HE GETS HIS ASS FISTFUCKED THROUGH HIS FACE AND DIES IN A CAR FIRE

FluffyYellowBall
03-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Where's the joking and pleasant humor, Tursunov?:rolleyes: Now, if you took your tennis as seriously as your efforts to kill a bird, maybe you'd have accomplished something.

And to get upset at Mohamed...one of the best chairs (and funniest) on the tour? Pathetic.

And then he uses umpires fr his blog! It disgusts me when players treat umpires like theyre anything less coz theyre not. I understand that players do get frustrated but some players apologize at the end which is good to see...I dont get y he was still pissed after the match.:confused:

adee-gee
03-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Tursunov was in a strop the whole match, it was a disgracefully petulant display.

His outburst at Mo was ridiculous, and then to refuse to shake hands at the end even worse. He should get a heavy fine.

AnnaK_4ever
03-30-2008, 06:46 PM

Well, I think there is someone who likes even YOU! :eek:
Life is weird.

Bilbo
03-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Because he writes funny blogs, of course!!!!

:rolleyes:

i haven't read a single word of any of his blogs and i will never do. who cares about shit like this?

HoistDaColors
03-30-2008, 06:54 PM
i haven't read a single word of any of his blogs and i will never do. who cares about shit like this?

But you asked the question why Tursunov have fans? Well, if you don't read the blog, you will never understand. You repeatedly asks the question why people like him but the answer will repeatedly be the same. We like his humor and him winning a match once in awhile.

Adler
03-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Well, some people can't understand tennis can be interesting itself

Bilbo
03-30-2008, 06:59 PM
But you asked the question why Tursunov have fans? Well, if you don't read the blog, you will never understand. You repeatedly asks the question why people like him but the answer will repeatedly be the same. We like his humor and him winning a match once in awhile.

i guess those people also watch big brother then

guille&tati4life
03-30-2008, 07:03 PM
I don't think Tusunov "tried" to "kill" a bird, I mean, that wasn't going to happen, he just bashed the ball out the court.

However, his attitude was a joke and pretty surprising. Nothing on many Roddick displays, but pretty bad.

HoistDaColors
03-30-2008, 07:07 PM

sorry i heard of it but i don't know what the show is about. What does that have to do with reading a blog that's on the ATP website?

njnetswill
03-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Why was Dima so upset if he won? :confused:

gusman890
03-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Sounds like sparks are flying in Miami.

*Ljubica*
03-30-2008, 07:23 PM
OK - yes I am a big Tursunov fan, and no I'm not going to totally condone all his behaviour today, but let's just get a few things straight amongst the typical MTF GM over-reaction :rolleyes:

First - as Paul said earlier -of course he was not trying to kill the bird :rolleyes: Yes it was low flying, and yes it was irritating him, and yes he did hit a ball out of the stadium, - but that's all there was to it.

Second - he was wrong to go on quite so much to Mo and act so petulantly, and almost certainly deserves a fine for it, and the refusal to shake hands was childish and regrettable. But having said that - how come these umpires are so quick to "warn" players for slow play or any other violations, unless their name is Nadal (or Djokovic before I'm accused of hating)? Seems there is one rule for the Top 3 or 4, and another rule for everyone else.

As for the crowd - well they were supporting Lalo from the start - hardly surprising in an area like Miami, where you could hardly hear any English speaking voices in the crowd, only Spanish ones:)

So - in conclusion - no I am not particularly proud of Dima's behaviour at all times today, but I'm still glad he won :)

dijus
03-30-2008, 07:54 PM
LaLo :retard:

*Ljubica*
03-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Do ellaborate on the bolded part. Do you mean personal issues? Like what? I must have missed that completely.

Check your PM.

FluffyYellowBall
03-30-2008, 08:04 PM
when did he talk about personal problems?

Horatio Caine
03-30-2008, 09:14 PM

I don't watch that trash.

Clara Bow
03-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Second - he was wrong to go on quite so much to Mo and act so petulantly, and almost certainly deserves a fine for it, and the refusal to shake hands was childish and regrettable. But having said that - how come these umpires are so quick to "warn" players for slow play or any other violations, unless their name is Nadal (or Djokovic before I'm accused of hating)? Seems there is one rule for the Top 3 or 4, and another rule for everyone else.

Mo has warned Rafa before to be fair. And Rafa sped it up afterwards. So he seems pretty consistent in giving warnings- and is not one of those that will shy away from the big names. ;) And I say this as someone who thinks Rafa should get warnings, etc. even though he is one of my faves and I am not one to cheer when he loses. Some umps do not give warnings when they should, but Mo seems to be pretty even handed despite the rankings. I think he is regarded as one of the best and fairest umps out there.

Dima acting like a brat today no doubt. I hope he recovers from any personal problems he may have. But I am continually struck how he is so different off court and on court where he is most often emotionless or angry. He seems to have a big brain and a good humor- so I would like to see some of that more times on court.

AnnaK_4ever
03-30-2008, 10:07 PM
when did he talk about personal problems?

He didn't.
But his... lets put it this way... his close friend Anna Loginova was killed in Moscow a month ago.

Caio_Brasil
03-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Great match :)

and Tursunov very unrespectful with Mohammed :rolleyes: well deserved booed :yeah:

Clara Bow
03-30-2008, 10:14 PM
He didn't.
But his... lets put it this way... his close friend Anna Loginova was killed in Moscow a month ago.

Well that is very sad and I am sorry for his loss. And as someone who has had the misfortune to lose two loved one who were young in tragic circumstances I understand that grief hits people different ways. But having observed Dima for a while now- he can have anger issues on court and I hope he can address and deal with them.

FluffyYellowBall
03-30-2008, 10:39 PM
oh i dont know who that woman is and never heard Dima mention anything about it...I hope he deals with it as best as he can..Who is she?
He still should have shook his hand thoug

justClaudia
03-30-2008, 11:20 PM
If this was Roddick MTF would have exploded.

Just saying.

I'm glad he won, but there's no excuse for his behavior on court today. I'm sorry, know this might sound harsh, but not even the loss of a close friend. That is no excuse. If he is not feeling well, which seems to be the case, then take some time off to rest, heal & regroup.

that said, I wish him well. always.

Deivid23
03-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Two idiots at work, boring stuff

platinum
03-31-2008, 02:52 AM
Lalo :hysteric::hysteric::hysteric:

Sakura 0101
03-31-2008, 05:36 AM
If this was Roddick MTF would have exploded.

same as Nadal or Nalbandian.

I can imagin that haters behave on here. :lol:

actually i'm not into Tursunov. i don't care at all if he win or not.

Action Jackson
03-31-2008, 05:37 AM
Two idiots at work, boring stuff

At least the one with the better backhand won.

sunnyday
03-31-2008, 04:12 PM
He didn't.

It's really horrible what happened to that girl but Dima has been doing that (acting rudely etc) SINCE 2006 at least !!!!. There were problems at Wimbledon with an umpire, he got an hefty fine 2 years ago + also in Sydney this January and during the Australian Open too when playing Querrey (he got fined there too). All these were BEFORE (including Sydney and incident at the AO) the time that poor girl got killed in a robbery.

Again, it's horrendous what happened to his friend but the explanation/pretext doesn't hold, it's just bull-¤¤%&, trying to put some "spin" on some events just because certain people want to feel important, trying to make believe they know things when actually they just read it in a newspaper!! I'm embarrassed for him but this type of behavior cannot be excused by that argumentation --not to mention that factually it is false, ---or then Dima's having serious personal problems since 2006 ! In that case I really feel sorry for him :(

sunnyday
03-31-2008, 04:21 PM
and AnnaK no worries :) when I mention people wanting to feel important etc I'm not talking about you personally here, I'm just quoting the theme, it's some other kind of posters who try deliberately to deceive people in making them believe they are personally linked to players, like they have inside info :( !!
(and if you have inside info, well, you have surely noticed the dates and know already about the previous outbursts ;). so again no worries :)

ReturnWinner
03-31-2008, 04:26 PM
tomorrow Tursurpick is going to have another chance to hit a bird as he plays Berdych

Tutu
03-31-2008, 04:40 PM
Still glad he won. :shrug: :worship:

AnnaK_4ever
03-31-2008, 04:51 PM
and AnnaK no worries :) when I mention people wanting to feel important etc I'm not talking about you personally here, I'm just quoting the theme, it's some other kind of posters who try deliberately to deceive people in making them believe they are personally linked to players, like they have inside info :( !!
(and if you have inside info, well, you have surely noticed the dates and know already about the previous outbursts ;). so again no worries :)

No, I don't think it excuses his behavior. Like you said he has done it before so no excuses here.
I just answered the question that was raised in this thread ;)