Miami R2: Acasuso def. Hewitt 6-3 7-6(4) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami R2: Acasuso def. Hewitt 6-3 7-6(4)

dijus
03-29-2008, 08:24 PM
well done, Chucho :yeah:

martine2
03-29-2008, 08:24 PM
CHUCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! :woohoo:

Voo de Mar
03-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Hewitt had two ad-setpoints at 6:5.

SwiSha
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssss

Caio_Brasil
http://www.tennis.com/uploadedImages/Editorial/General/2006_09_23_Acasuso_article.jpg

DALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OLE OLE OLE OLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

CHUCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CHUCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Psichogauchovna
hell yeah! thanks for making my evening even more better :angel:

LeChuck
This is an awesome result. Way to go Chucho :yeah: :bigclap:

FedererBulgaria
:o No words!

RogiRafaFan86
Always nice to see Acasuso show up instead of Hackasuso. :yeah:

Deathless Mortal
03-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Chucho :worship:

JimmyV
03-29-2008, 08:26 PM
So much for Hewitt picking up some easy ranking points......

Allegretto
03-29-2008, 08:27 PM
34 winners and 34 UEs from Acasuso. 19 and 27 from Hewitt.

Corey Feldman
03-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Some job you are doing Roche

Hewitt is f'en worse than ever :rolleyes:

HeretiC
03-29-2008, 08:29 PM

Chucho saved the first one with a drop shot folowed by a lob and the second one wth an ace.

bad gambler
03-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Chucho so consistent off both wings especially his forehand

osalsyst
03-29-2008, 08:30 PM

Yeah, that was quite disheartening. Every time it seems like Lleyton is starting to play well again, he throws in a loss like this. No disrespect to Acasuso though.

rrfnpump
03-29-2008, 08:30 PM
excellent, Chucho :yeah: :)

HeretiC
03-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Chucho was the better player in first set, in second set Hewitt upped a gear but whenever he got close to do some damage Jose came up with huge serves. Chucho was so confident during the whole match, smiling all the time. He knew he had this in his pocket. Despite the fact that LLeyton can not win TB for a long time now, he is not playing good at all, he is so stiff and doesn't go for his shots and plays safely which usually ends him being overpowered or even overplayed. The best from him was in second set in IW with Colonel when he released his shoulders and started to really hit the ball.

EagleWatch
03-29-2008, 08:37 PM
i guess dudi will benefit hewitt loss.
back to the topic, it was a good game to watch, acasuso has nerves of steal. great tennis.

GonzoFan
03-29-2008, 08:40 PM
:sobbing:

Caralimon
03-29-2008, 08:44 PM
It's looking good for Chucho now to get a singles spot against Sweden next week.

Great win btw.

dylan24
03-29-2008, 08:46 PM
fucking stoner screws me again.
fuck i hate this guy.
retire hewitt
u play like a girl these days

LocoPorElTenis
03-29-2008, 08:48 PM
Never in doubt.

dijus
lol dylan stop betting on strong favs tit

LocoPorElTenis
It's looking good for Chucho now to get a singles spot against Sweden next week.

Great win btw.

Nalbi and Pico I think.

dylan24
03-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Some job you are doing Roche

Hewitt is f'en worse than ever :rolleyes:

roche can't make gold from shit

dylan24
03-29-2008, 08:50 PM
lol dylan stop betting on strong favs tit

it worked fine in indian wells.
miami is land of upsets
i'm now 0-7 on 7 10 unit parlays this week.
upset after upset after upset

dijus
03-29-2008, 08:50 PM
it worked fine in indian wells.
miami is land of upsets
i'm now 0-7 on 7 10 unit parlays this week.
upset after upset after upset

so maybe u should retire from gambling? not Hewitt from tennis:rolleyes:

LocoPorElTenis
03-29-2008, 08:53 PM
roche can't make gold from shit

:spit:

dylan24
03-29-2008, 08:55 PM
so maybe u should retire from gambling? not Hewitt from tennis:rolleyes:

then i'd have to get a real job
no thanks

Adler
03-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Watched the majority of 2nd set

Is it just me, or Hewitt looks like he's not giving a shit these days?

Horatio Caine
03-29-2008, 09:11 PM
i guess dudi will benefit hewitt loss.

Ummm...not necessarily. :p

If Chucho turns up, Dudi will have a hard time coping with the big man's power.

As concerns this result...it always had upset potential, but I was expecting Hewitt to win. Hope he goes to Notts this year. :o

Adler
03-29-2008, 09:12 PM
With Chucho you never know what to expect, Dudi has an outside chance

connectolove
03-29-2008, 09:15 PM
I am so sorry for Hewitt ...:sad::sad:

EagleWatch
03-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Ummm...not necessarily. :p

If Chucho turns up, Dudi will have a hard time coping with the big man's power.

As concerns this result...it always had upset potential, but I was expecting Hewitt to win. Hope he goes to Notts this year. :o

dudi plays his best against clay players. ur right, jose is a hard hitter, but nothing that dudi isn't capable of coping with. anyway, it will be fine match to watch.

krystlel
03-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Good match from Acasuso, he served well today and was able to stay consistent for the entire match. He especially played the deuce points very well and won a lot of points with the wide serve on the deuce court.

Stensland
03-29-2008, 09:24 PM
shame on hewitt. normally acasuso can be grinded down easily, he's lazy and doesn't move well, never has. hopefully lleyton kinda regroups for the clay season. last year that was the time where he was reborn game-wise, so maybe he can kick it up a notch again. i'm afraid he'll lose lots of points though and call it a day after the season.

tangerine_dream
03-29-2008, 09:29 PM
What the hell, Lleyton? :rolleyes:

KitinovRules
03-29-2008, 09:30 PM
never in doubt

Mateya
03-29-2008, 09:37 PM
:spit: :haha: :haha:

This year is getting more crazy every day :)

showpiggy
03-29-2008, 09:56 PM
oh yeahhhh go stoner,get higher

dylan24
03-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Watched the majority of 2nd set

Is it just me, or Hewitt looks like he's not giving a shit these days?

i watched his match on tv vs benneteau in vegas. he was almost in tears after he got broken. he was trying in vegas. he just is washed up. has nothing left.

Julio
03-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Hewitt...

................................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,................................... .......... .....
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\... ..................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\............................ ........
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\................ .......... ...
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,. .......... .........
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.... .....
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......

FeñaRuiz
03-29-2008, 10:07 PM
hewitt for top 10.. no top 5

Jimnik
03-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Hewitt...

................................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,................................... .......... .....
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\... ..................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\............................ ........
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\................ .......... ...
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,. .......... .........
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.... .....
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......
:eek: Did you do that all on your own?

I've never seen anything like that before.

EagleWatch
03-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Hewitt...

:confused::eek: wow...hewitt definitley doesn't deserves such an art work...:p

Bilbo
03-29-2008, 10:14 PM
how come chucho has so many fans here? any reasons?

btw pathetic play from hewitt :o

Adler
03-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Maybe he's a dealer who often gives discounts?

Jimnik
03-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Good question. Never understood it either.

Sjengster
03-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Nice serve, nice backhand, nicely "relaxed" demeanour.

freeandlonely
03-29-2008, 11:08 PM
No surprise.

aussie_fan
03-29-2008, 11:40 PM
another fuck up, i don't want to believe it, but i think he's done, these results aren't good enough, how is going to defend those semi-final points in Hamburg?

Haile Selassie
03-29-2008, 11:49 PM
Congrats José :cool:

star
03-30-2008, 12:07 AM
:crying2:

SwiSha
03-30-2008, 12:08 AM
Hewitt
is
done

ChinoRios4Ever
03-30-2008, 01:39 AM
:help::help::help::help::help:

oh ok... it's 2008, is not a surprise Lleyton losing to Chucho on hard :o

Marek.
03-30-2008, 01:49 AM
No surprise here. :shrug: When's the last time Hewitt won a TB anyway?

Merton
03-30-2008, 02:54 AM
Well done Chucho :yeah:

StevoTG
03-30-2008, 03:59 AM
Chucho was the better player in first set, in second set Hewitt upped a gear but whenever he got close to do some damage Jose came up with huge serves. Chucho was so confident during the whole match, smiling all the time. He knew he had this in his pocket. Despite the fact that LLeyton can not win TB for a long time now, he is not playing good at all, he is so stiff and doesn't go for his shots and plays safely which usually ends him being overpowered or even overplayed. The best from him was in second set in IW with Colonel when he released his shoulders and started to really hit the ball.

Pretty true.

Some day Lleyton will win a tie-break.. some day... :sad:
I can accept that he's lacking confidence, it's just so frustrating - it seems as though he's playing in fear. A few big TB wins and this should be sorted out, so either Lleyton is gonna have a breakthrough TB and play well or we will have to wait for someone to withdraw even further into their shell than Lleyton in the TB and gift it to him... we could be waiting a while if we are relying on the latter anyway :o (TBH Even I'd like to get to play Lleyton in a TB right about now:eek: - so imagine what how confident pro's are against him).

StevoTG
03-30-2008, 04:03 AM

Last one that I can remember off the top of my head was -V- Federer in Cincy, a match which Lleyton lost in a 3rd set tie-breaker :explode:

NyGeL
03-30-2008, 06:44 AM
nice :)

Action Jackson
03-30-2008, 08:04 AM
Well played Chucho. Hewitt's forehand was poor and Chucho exploited that. The swinging serve to the forehand was killing Hewitt and he was passive.

Acasuso took care of business on his serve, though the percentages weren't high, he got them in when it counted and the Latin fans definitely helped out.

It's not like Acasuso can't play, which seems to be lost on the MTF intelligentsia, he isn't the most mentally strong or consistent. Doesn't matter if he loses to Sela in the next round, he did the job here.

wenty
03-30-2008, 08:14 AM
Chucho! :yippee: Best of luck next round :yeah:

krystlel
03-30-2008, 08:27 AM
No comment about this.

Hurting hip hampers Hewitt

From correspondents in Miami, Florida
March 30, 2008

LLEYTON Hewitt blamed a nagging hip injury after losing 6-3 7-6 (7-4) to Argentine Jose Acasuso in an opening match today at the Miami Masters.

"I just couldn't quite move properly,'' said the Australian, who picked up the problem last week in Indian Wells.

"I went out there, and I tried and just couldn't quite compete the way wanted to. I suffered against (Mardy) Fish last week, and I've been battling it ever since.

"I tried to do everything to get in shape to be ready today, but it wasn't quite there.''

Hewitt's spring US adventure ended on a low note, with a 3-3 record from Las Vegas, California and Florida.

The former No.1's last multiple-title season was in 2004, since winning just one title per year. His lone 2007 trophy was in June at Queen's club in June on grass.

Hewitt said he would need to rest the hip, in hopes of being fit for Australia's Davis Cup date in less than a fortnight against Thailand in Townsville.

While insisting that he didn't know exactly what the problem was, Hewitt knows he needs to get it solved.

"I was just trying to get as much treatment as possible in the last couple of days. I didn't hit yesterday to try to be right for today, but that's how it goes,'' he said.

"I didn't feel my footwork was great today, and that's what lost me the match, I think.''

Press Association
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23455094-23216,00.html

Action Jackson
03-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Very gracious in defeat by Hewitt.

scarecrows
03-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Chucho, you beauty

so many great results when I'm not home

Apemant
03-30-2008, 10:15 AM
34 winners and 34 UEs from Acasuso. 19 and 27 from Hewitt.

??
34 winners in just 2 sets on this slow surface? :eek:

krystlel
03-30-2008, 10:21 AM
??
It didn't feel like as much as that, I guess most of them were set up by Acasuso's serve.

LeChuck
03-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Hewitt is taking a leaf out of the Williams sisters' book there, saying that he was 5,000 notches below his normal level and not giving any credit to his opponent

Action Jackson
03-30-2008, 10:27 AM
??

He played a fairly solid match. Chucho was the one who was prepared to have a go and used the forehand and the serve to put Hewitt on the defensive. Even when he had to defend, he was able to use the slice backhand and that worked.

Hewitt expected Acasuso to give him the match with errors.

WF4EVER
03-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Hewitt is taking a leaf out of the Williams sisters' book there, saying that he was 5,000 notches below his normal level and not giving any credit to his opponent

That took you long enough

Experimentee
03-30-2008, 01:02 PM
So much for Hewitt picking up ranking points in IW and Miami and entering the top 10 :haha:

Action Jackson
03-31-2008, 05:13 AM
So much for Hewitt picking up ranking points in IW and Miami and entering the top 10 :haha:

:haha: :haha:

HeretiC
03-31-2008, 07:42 AM
No comment about this.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23455094-23216,00.html

Hurting hip hampers Hewitt

From correspondents in Miami, Florida
March 30, 2008

LLEYTON Hewitt blamed a nagging hip injury after losing 6-3 7-6 (7-4) to Argentine Jose Acasuso in an opening match today at the Miami Masters.

"I just couldn't quite move properly,'' said the Australian, who picked up the problem last week in Indian Wells.

"I went out there, and I tried and just couldn't quite compete the way wanted to. I suffered against (Mardy) Fish last week, and I've been battling it ever since.

"I tried to do everything to get in shape to be ready today, but it wasn't quite there.''

Hewitt's spring US adventure ended on a low note, with a 3-3 record from Las Vegas, California and Florida.

The former No.1's last multiple-title season was in 2004, since winning just one title per year. His lone 2007 trophy was in June at Queen's club in June on grass.

Hewitt said he would need to rest the hip, in hopes of being fit for Australia's Davis Cup date in less than a fortnight against Thailand in Townsville.

While insisting that he didn't know exactly what the problem was, Hewitt knows he needs to get it solved.

"I was just trying to get as much treatment as possible in the last couple of days. I didn't hit yesterday to try to be right for today, but that's how it goes,'' he said.

"I didn't feel my footwork was great today, and that's what lost me the match, I think.''

Press Association

Thats wrong. His lone title in 2006 was Queen's Club. His lone title in 2007 was Las Vegas.

HeretiC
03-31-2008, 07:53 AM

Last one that I can remember off the top of my head was -V- Federer in Cincy, a match which Lleyton lost in a 3rd set tie-breaker :explode:

Anyway, Hewitt TB's in 2007-2008

WON:

Istomin-AO 2008
Pashanski-Mumbai
Federer-Cincy
Wawrinka-Cincy
Ferrero-Montreal
Hrbaty-Montreal
Chella-Hamburg
Meltzer-Las Vegas

LOST:

Acasuso-IW
Fish-IW
Seppi x2 -Rotterdam
Baghdatis-AO 2008
Guccione x2- Sidney
Karlovic x2 - Tokyo
Federer - Cincy
Hrbaty-Montreal
Djokovic x3- Wimbledon
Tsonga x2- Queen's Club
Nadal - RG
Hernandez-Rome
Tipsarevic-IW 2007
Rochus-AO 2007
Kunitsyn-Adelaide

That's 8:21 ratio in 2007-2008. :eek:

ReturnWinner
03-31-2008, 11:14 AM
Federer won that first 63
Wrong, he lost both TB's with Fed in Cincy after winning the first set 6:3.

ReturnWinner
03-31-2008, 11:15 AM
this is was his first good win on a non clay tournament for Chucho since beating Youzhny in last years Indian Wells and one of the few times where he could save set points againsts a quality opponent

Norrage
03-31-2008, 11:33 AM

what bullshit...he is always gracious in defeat, even if he is injured...I am surprised he was less gracious in this defeat, but learn to notice all the times he was gracious! just once he isnt and everybody is blaming him...pathetic trolls.

HeretiC
03-31-2008, 01:40 PM
Federer won that first 63

yeah, my mistake, he won the first TB and lost the second one.:yeah: