Fed To Check For Glandular Fever After The Tournament [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Fed To Check For Glandular Fever After The Tournament

Clay Death
03-29-2008, 07:28 AM
Anybody remembers Roger Federer? you know, the #1 player on the planet. my perception is that he is not anywhere near 100%. this could affect him during the upcoming clay season. we all saw how listless he looked against Fish just a few days back. he is obviously trying to put his best foot forward by saying that he has recovered and that he is doing well. will it be good enough?

Fed is keeping a close watch on his health. he is undergoing some more medical tests after the Sony Ericsson:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/03/28/stfede18.xml

HNCS
03-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Just before people take this the wrong way here's the original conference script:

Q. Mono is kind of a recurrent thing. Are you sort of talking to doctors as you go along? Are you having tests, or do you think it's passed now?

ROGER FEDERER: I hope it's passed. I guess there's never a guarantee that it comes back, but I hope it doesn't come back. It didn't disturb me in a crazy way, you know. If you think about it, I still played semis of the Australian under the circumstances. Didn't miss any tournaments at all, which is not a bad thing, considering.
Probably go and do one more check‑up probably after Miami just to see how I'm doing. But really my heart rate's doing well, you know. I've been monitoring that with my condition trainer. I'm happy the way I'm playing again out there.
You know, things feel good, anyway. But i haven't been close to any setbacks, which is a good thing as well.

kiwi10is
03-29-2008, 08:13 AM
If you had something like that a routine check up is nothing to worry about I think. He'd be crazy not to do regular check ups on it!!

Roland9
03-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Nothing strange really, he should go to check ups after every tournament (especially during the clay season) for sometime, given the circumstances.

*Ljubica*
03-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Nothing strange at all. When I had glandular fever I had to go back for routine blood tests for a year afterwards, just to check everything was OK. It's pretty routine medical procedure here.

Clay Death
03-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Just before people take this the wrong way here's the original conference script:

Q. Mono is kind of a recurrent thing. Are you sort of talking to doctors as you go along? Are you having tests, or do you think it's passed now?

ROGER FEDERER: I hope it's passed. I guess there's never a guarantee that it comes back, but I hope it doesn't come back. It didn't disturb me in a crazy way, you know. If you think about it, I still played semis of the Australian under the circumstances. Didn't miss any tournaments at all, which is not a bad thing, considering.
Probably go and do one more check‑up probably after Miami just to see how I'm doing. But really my heart rate's doing well, you know. I've been monitoring that with my condition trainer. I'm happy the way I'm playing again out there.
You know, things feel good, anyway. But i haven't been close to any setbacks, which is a good thing as well.

i hear this crap lasts at least a year on the average.

cobalt60
03-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Can we please stop using the term recurrent? Persistent would be a better word here.

gnaz
03-29-2008, 04:07 PM

:sad:

Clay Death
03-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Can we please stop using the term recurrent? Persistent would be a better word here.

what is this "we" stuff?

star
03-29-2008, 05:00 PM

Thank you!! :worship:

Albop
03-29-2008, 05:00 PM
and??

PD : if you do the :zzz: stuff i will hit you

star
03-29-2008, 05:01 PM
what is this "we" stuff?

It's just a more polite way of saying would everybody who is using the word recurrent cut it out because it's total bollox.

ok? :)

Clay Death
03-29-2008, 05:09 PM
and??

PD : if you do the :zzz: stuff i will hit you

:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

Clay Death
03-29-2008, 05:10 PM
It's just a more polite way of saying would everybody who is using the word recurrent cut it out because it's total bollox.

ok? :)

"polite" ? right. this is MTF.

Bobby
03-29-2008, 05:37 PM

I'm pretty sure it won't last a year on average.

star
03-29-2008, 05:46 PM
"polite" ? right. this is MTF.

Cobalt is unfailingly polite as far as I have seen. :)

Clay Death
03-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Cobalt is unfailingly polite as far as I have seen. :)

you are as well and both of you are to be commended.

star
03-29-2008, 05:50 PM
you are as well and both of you are to be commended.

:lol: I, for sure, am not. :lol: