Jonas Björkman : The Original ATP Impressionist [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Jonas Björkman : The Original ATP Impressionist

Action Jackson
03-28-2008, 04:52 AM
Well Joakim Nyström was the original one, but Björkman took over and has been doing it for years. Nole, needs to learn to do the strokes of the players as well.

For those who aren't familiar with some of the players. I have put original links, so you can see who Jonas is taking the piss out of.

Jonas doing the impressions.
HRjLaL7XFYc

Anders Järryd, he is serving at the start of this clip.
hOsR35GL2ac

Magnus Gustafsson, watch at the end for the feet.
g13xaVjydvA

Snowwy
03-28-2008, 04:58 AM
Nice thread, I didnt know Jonas use to do that :haha:

njnetswill
03-28-2008, 05:01 AM
Now I know why I love both. :D

Clay Death
03-28-2008, 05:04 AM
Well Joakim Nyström was the original one, but Björkman took over and has been doing it for years. Nole, needs to learn to do the strokes of the players as well.

For those who aren't familiar with some of the players. I have put original links, so you can see who Jonas is taking the piss out of.

Jonas doing the impressions.
HRjLaL7XFYc

Anders Järryd, he is serving at the start of this clip.
hOsR35GL2ac

Magnus Gustafsson, watch at the end for the feet.
g13xaVjydvA

i am laughing my ass off over here. he is better than Djokovic. johhny mac, boom boom, and anders jarryd impressions are too good to be true.

thanks for sharing. he is the best. and funny as hell too.

Serbianoids are going to be pissed now that know that Bjorkman is Djokovic`s maker when it comes to these impressions.

Action Jackson
03-28-2008, 05:09 AM
Johnny Mac loved the impression, though he did say to Jonas "I was never that slow in getting to the net".

Clay Death
03-28-2008, 05:13 AM
Johnny Mac loved the impression, though he did say to Jonas "I was never that slow in getting to the net".

interesting. this bloke Bjorkman is quite a character. he is always teaching himself things that he can entertain the players with. for instance, he carries a a couple of decks of cards with him and is always ready to show off his arsenal of card tricks.

Mac`s impression is just perfect. by the way, one of my all time favorite players---the mighty Thomas Muster--is doing some impressions on the senior tour from time to time.

Lee
03-28-2008, 05:23 AM
Sampras and Agassi with tons of hair :eek: :lol:

And the all blonde team of Sweden. :rolls:

Action Jackson
03-28-2008, 06:42 AM
Another look at Gustafsson, the forehand and the feet movement are more apparent.

pNu6PXDPSfk

Clay Death
03-28-2008, 07:39 AM
Another look at Gustafsson, the forehand and the feet movement are more apparent.

pNu6PXDPSfk

spot on. bjorkman the genius. excellent stuff. thanks for sharing GWH.

Björki
03-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Thanks for posting GWH :yeah:

Bad Religion
03-28-2008, 08:58 AM
You seem to be a big fan of Mr Perfect

finishingmove
03-28-2008, 10:27 AM
djokovic does nadal's strokes pretty well xD (not left handed though)

roddick does decent behaviour / movement but his service motion imitations suck.

and bjorki has a new career now that his tennis one is over ;o

HNCS
03-28-2008, 10:48 AM
awwwww bjorki!!!! more reasons to be proud for you!!! you'll always be in my siggy, though it's not worth too much. but yes, brilliant bjorkman.

Kristen
03-28-2008, 12:09 PM
:awww: Yay :) These impressions are what got me interested in tennis, one boring afternoon at home :lol: [The fact that this is what converted me, and made Jonas my favourite originally - before I knew he was a top bloke - could explain some of my favourites, and why my life as a fan is so frustrating!]

krystlel
03-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Great clip, thanks for posting GWH. Bjorkman is an excellent impressionist.

Kolya
03-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Bjorkman has always been a legend at this.

Remember the first time I saw this, the Edberg imitation always gets me laughing :yeah:

madmanfool
03-28-2008, 12:38 PM
that brings back a lot of memories. Bjorkman can do pretty much everyone's serve.

Action Jackson
03-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Söderling needs to learn from Björkman, how to do impressions.

7UzZdBx-deo

finishingmove
03-28-2008, 01:38 PM
soderling needs to learn how to behave, rather.

Lee
03-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Söderling needs to learn from Björkman, how to do impressions.

A very poor impression indeed :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
03-28-2008, 05:16 PM
that Becker one is :rolls: just like him even that grunt :haha:

Clay Death
03-28-2008, 05:21 PM

Bjorkman is the best i have ever seen i thought Djokovic ws good but this guy is light years ahead of the Serbian Slayer.

by the way, even Sampras and Muster are getting into the act. i have seen them both do johnny mac on the senior circuit.

Lee
03-28-2008, 05:26 PM
by the way, even Sampras and Muster are getting into the act. i have seen them both do johnny mac on the senior circuit.

I saw Sampras did an excellent impression of Agassi.

I enjoy watching the senior circuit too because players can take time to have some fun instead of all serious. Like people can finally see the other side of Sampras character.

Clay Death
03-28-2008, 05:28 PM
I saw Sampras did an excellent impression of Agassi.

I enjoy watching the senior circuit too because players can take time to have some fun instead of all serious. Like people can finally see the other side of Sampras character.

i saw that one Lee. Pete`s impressions of Agassi were nearly priceless. you know Agassi has the funny walk. Pete did that perfectly.

Sampras was all business in his day. he is more relaxed now.

Lee
03-28-2008, 06:00 PM
i saw that one Lee. Pete`s impressions of Agassi were nearly priceless. you know Agassi has the funny walk. Pete did that perfectly.

Sampras was all business in his day. he is more relaxed now.

Agassi did a pretty good "wiping sweat off the eyebrow" too. :lol:

star
03-28-2008, 07:38 PM
The physical therapist I go to loves loves loves Andre's walk. She says that slight pigeoned toed stance allows him to activate his hip muscles and to achieve bursts of speed. Really, you mussn't get her started about Agassi :lol:

Albop
03-28-2008, 07:42 PM
spot on. bjorkman the genius. excellent stuff. thanks for sharing GWH.

How do you know that he is called GWH.?? ;)

Clay Death
03-28-2008, 07:44 PM
How do you know that he is called GWH.?? ;)

:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

star
03-28-2008, 07:49 PM
i am laughing my ass off over here. he is better than Djokovic. johhny mac, boom boom, and anders jarryd impressions are too good to be true.

thanks for sharing. he is the best. and funny as hell too.

Serbianoids are going to be pissed now that know that Bjorkman is Djokovic`s maker when it comes to these impressions.

Most of the guys can do impressions and do them at exhibitions. I've seen Andy, Andre, Federer, and Marat do them too. It's just that Bjorkman did so many and is such a wonderfully funny guy. I like Novak's impressions too.

Every generation that comes along has the tendency to think they are the first to do or see something, but usually, not. :)

Action Jackson
03-29-2008, 03:34 PM

It got the point across. Actually at least Björkman and Nyström did it when they were in their careers and not wait until they had retired.

Lee
03-30-2008, 12:14 AM
It got the point across.

Well, it's hard to miss even a very poor one.

Actually at least Björkman and Nyström did it when they were in their careers and not wait until they had retired.

I do believe I saw the Agassi walk imitation by Sampras before the retirement. Of course, not during an ATP match. ;)

FedererGrandSlam
11-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Bumping this thread in honour of Jonas even though I abhor the thread starter.

oz_boz
11-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Björkman GOAT impressionist, Edberg and Becker ones are just :haha: just as Järryd's awkward service motion

Action Jackson
07-22-2009, 09:53 PM
Too bad he didn't do a Nadal before he retired.