Miami R1: Melzer def. Llodra 7-6(6), 7-6(5) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami R1: Melzer def. Llodra 7-6(6), 7-6(5)

osalsyst
03-27-2008, 08:26 PM
What is Michael's deal? He blows everyone away in two big tourneys this year but can't do a thing right in the other ones he's played. Last week he had a very bad loss to Lee (which I wasn't really sad about) and now he loses to MELZER? And what's worse about this one is that he had some chances. He had a set point in the first, came back from 4-6 in the tiebreak and served for the second set. Oh well... :sad:

On the hand, Melzer seems to have held his nerve for once which I guess is good. :confused:

gusman890
03-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Melzer can win matches?

Horatio Caine
03-27-2008, 08:41 PM
What is Michael's deal? He blows everyone away in two big tourneys this year but can't do a thing right in the other ones he's played. Last week he had a very bad loss to Lee (which I wasn't really sad about) and now he loses to MELZER? And what's worse about this one is that he had some chances. He had a set point in the first, came back from 4-6 in the tiebreak and served for the second set. Oh well... :sad:

On the hand, Melzer seems to have held his nerve for once which I guess is good. :confused:

Lee and Melzer were both very tough match-ups for him, made worse by the conditions. :shrug:

If anything, he was performing at a level above himself earlier this year.

Sunset of Age
03-27-2008, 08:44 PM
The difference between the top 1 to, say, top 5 players (of varying stature) and the top 6 - top 50 might be just one ability: consistency. ;)

Tom Paulman
03-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Is Llodra back to his old self? Losing to Melzer is a sign that something's not right.

FedFan_2007
03-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Buzza - I think you nailed it. The top 5 can consistently bring their top game, while the rest can't. However, how does that theory hold for Federer who can't bring his top game consistently anymore?