Nadal career likely over? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal career likely over?

FedFan_2007
03-27-2008, 02:46 AM
http://www.lematin.ch/fr/sport/tennis/milan-sterba-la-carriere-de-rafael-nadal-est-bientot-terminee_12-122166

Here's a rough translation:

Former international referee and friend of the Spaniard, the man from
Lausanne, Milan Sterba, is worried

While Roger Federer is wavering on the world no.1 throne, his heir is
also in bad shape. Even worse, according to Milan Sterba, the world no.
2 will soon be forced to hang up his racquets, at the age of 22. The
fault of a persistent injury on the left ankle (?), a healf-hearted
attitude as well as some questionable choices. 'Rafa has been
suffering for more than 2 years,' says the former Czech-turned Swiss,
'he has no way to cure it.'

A pessimist, Milan Sterba predicts that at the end of this year,
Nadal's career will be finished.

Say it aint so Rafito, I couldn't stand it just to be Djoker at #2.

Action Jackson
03-27-2008, 02:52 AM
Behind the mark, this has already been discussed.

No, his career is not over.

FedFan_2007
03-27-2008, 02:59 AM
But his foot has been hurting badly for 2 years now.

Branimir
03-27-2008, 03:02 AM
He is done. Rafa's tennis is solely based on his unbelievable movement and speed. Even he wins 6-0 6-0 he uses a lot of effort, unlike let's say Federer. That's was good about Federer, he was winning it all easily. Djokovic is somewhere in between. He is nowhere near with Federer easy game, but he is far away from Rafa's run, run, run, run, run, run game.
Rafa doesn't have the game for long run. That's all I can say.

Clay Death
03-27-2008, 03:03 AM
But his foot has been hurting badly for 2 years now.

didnt stop him from the running the tables on the clay circuit last year. also revisit his domination for the 3rd year in a row at Roland Garros. he lost just 1 set there last year.

are you that bored? go to K-mart buy yourself a slinky.

Action Jackson
03-27-2008, 03:03 AM
Hence, it's not news, that he has had problems with the feet.

At the same time, he will be fit for the clay season and still winning titles.

kobulingam
03-27-2008, 03:05 AM
He is done. Rafa's tennis is solely based on his unbelievable movement and speed. Even he wins 6-0 6-0 he uses a lot of effort, unlike let's say Federer. That's was good about Federer, he was winning it all easily. Djokovic is somewhere in between. He is nowhere near with Federer easy game, but he is far away from Rafa's run, run, run, run, run, run game.

Actually, it looks like DJokovic's legs take just as much a beating as Nadal's. All that sliding and doing splits on hardcourt looks so painful.

Clay Death
03-27-2008, 03:06 AM
Hence, it's not news, that he has had problems with the feet.

At the same time, he will be fit for the clay season and still winning titles.

affirmative. who is going to stop him on clay once he gets rolling there?

FedFan_2007
03-27-2008, 03:58 AM
Clay Death - you're the one posting about Nadal's imminent decline the last week. Hypocrite.

Clay Death
03-27-2008, 04:04 AM
Clay Death - you're the one posting about Nadal's imminent decline the last week. Hypocrite.

its his game that is in decline. nobody ever said that he will done in a few months. that is just ridiculous. his ranking will take a little hit and he will be motivated to produce the appropriate response.

how old are you again? sounds like 13 or 14.

FedFan_2007
03-27-2008, 04:06 AM
CD - you sound about 17.

Mimi
03-27-2008, 04:13 AM
:bigcry::bigcry:

mashamaniac
03-27-2008, 04:14 AM

Then do u think djokovic has a game for long run? :rolleyes: His game is only based on cheating and faking the tennis world!!!
his results may be better than rafa ATM but his game is nowhere near a top 3 player,that's all i can say now!!:confused::wavey:

Clay Death
03-27-2008, 04:17 AM
CD - you sound about 17.

ok. i will 17 then. sounds good to me.

Branimir
03-27-2008, 04:31 AM
Then do u think djokovic has a game for long run? :rolleyes: His game is only based on cheating and faking the tennis world!!!
his results may be better than rafa ATM but his game is nowhere near a top 3 player,that's all i can say now!!:confused::wavey:

Here we go again... The guy who won two titles (biggest one) this year is nowhere near a top 3 player. That's right. He should be number 1 actually. :)

Anyway I don't think that Djokovic has game for long run like Federer, but he is going upwards while Nadal is going in opposite direction. I believe that Nadal still needs to improve, but he is not. On the other hand Djokovic is improving his game on daily basis.

I can't wait for clay season. That season will tell about Djokovic a lot. I want to know if he is better dirt player, than last year. If he is, it is very promising, if he is not it is very discouraging. Time will tell.

Action Jackson
03-27-2008, 04:33 AM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/mba0433l.jpg

This is the decision from this group.

Clay Death
03-27-2008, 04:37 AM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/mba0433l.jpg

This is the decision from this group.

:haha::haha::haha:

mashamaniac
03-27-2008, 04:43 AM
Here we go again... The guy who won two titles (biggest one) this year is nowhere near a top 3 player. That's right. He should be number 1 actually. :)

Anyway I don't think that Djokovic has game for long run like Federer, but he is going upwards while Nadal is going in opposite direction. I believe that Nadal still needs to improve, but he is not. On the other hand Djokovic is improving his game on daily basis.

So where was djokovic while nadal was going upwards 3 years ago? nadal,you love it or not is still the king of clay and a prodigy in tennis history,we can't call his career over for just 2-3 months of bad results!

zadle69
03-27-2008, 04:45 AM
the clay season will be the telling factor

Branimir
03-27-2008, 04:46 AM
So where was djokovic while nadal was going upwards 3 years ago? nadal,you love it or not is still the king of clay and a prodigy in tennis history,we can't call his career over for just 2-3 months of bad results!

No buddy, it's not 2-3 months, it's about 8 months now. Tell me when Nadal won his last title.

sawan66278
03-27-2008, 05:14 AM
No buddy, it's not 2-3 months, it's about 8 months now. Tell me when Nadal won his last title.

All top players go through these title droughts. Though he hasn't won, he has been consistently in the later stages of tourneys for some time. For example, Stefan Edberg had one year where he won TWO titles the whole season; and THREE titles in the other. Was this a slump? Not really: because he contended for almost all the major titles, winning the Masters Cup in the year he won two...winning Wimbledon in the year he won three.

In a nutshell, I consider a slump when one is not in contention for finals and titles. Ask most players: a player who wins a slam in a season...and nothing more...did not have a slump during that year.

CyBorg
03-27-2008, 05:19 AM
Quality thread.

HNCS
03-27-2008, 06:51 AM
to me, it's just sad to see nadal like this. he's a young player that has lot to grow, but sadly cannot leave Uncle Toni. I think he should just quit Toni. They're family afterall, toni will be proud in the end when Nadal improves. Perhaps, then Nadal will start to play likeable tennis, at least for me.

FedFan_2007
03-27-2008, 07:06 AM
Nadal refuses to leave the Mallorca mafia family.:armed::armed::armed:

Turquoise
03-27-2008, 07:07 AM
I'm convinced that Nadal will take on the clay season like a duck takes to water. He's not done with yet, not by a long shot.

Alex999
03-27-2008, 07:22 AM
I'm convinced that Nadal will take on the clay season like a duck takes to water. He's not done with yet, not by a long shot.
You got that right :).

Clay Death
03-27-2008, 07:24 AM
You got that right :).

affirmative.

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

A_Skywalker
03-27-2008, 07:32 AM
Nadal will always be clay monster, and will win hard titles too. He just cares too much and will give his best.

Rogiman
03-27-2008, 07:34 AM
I can't wait for clay season. That season will tell about Djokovic a lot. I want to know if he is better dirt player, than last year. If he is, it is very promising, if he is not it is very discouraging. Time will tell.Why would that that be discouraging? He made it to the SF last year at RG, almost as good as it gets.

Riley_K
03-27-2008, 07:37 AM
affirmative.

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Agreed :)

Exodus
03-27-2008, 07:55 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was true he have won 3 FO so he can RIP

Slasher
03-27-2008, 08:53 AM
Say it aint so Rafito, I couldn't stand it just to be Djoker at #2.

Puh-lease, the reason you started this thread has little to with Djokovic. Fedtards wet themselves at the thought of Nadal retiring. Only way Federer wil win his elusive grandslam.

zcess81
03-27-2008, 09:21 AM

Then who should be in top 3? Gasgay?? Don't make me laugh!

HNCS
03-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Puh-lease, the reason you started this thread has little to with Djokovic. Fedtards wet themselves at the thought of Nadal retiring. Only way Federer wil win his elusive grandslam.

Us wanting Federer to win is true the FO, perhaps without Nadal on the other side of the net as well. But, I don't think anyone would sincerely want Nadal to retire right now.

Himura
03-27-2008, 11:50 AM
its his game that is in decline. nobody ever said that he will done in a few months. that is just ridiculous. his ranking will take a little hit and he will be motivated to produce the appropriate response.

All peoples game are declining according to you

Commander Data
03-27-2008, 11:52 AM
For Rafa the clay court season well tell. For Fed next year will tell where they really stand.

Manon
03-27-2008, 12:02 PM
http://www.lematin.ch/fr/sport/tennis/milan-sterba-la-carriere-de-rafael-nadal-est-bientot-terminee_12-122166

Here's a rough translation:

Former international referee and friend of the Spaniard, the man from
Lausanne, Milan Sterba, is worried

While Roger Federer is wavering on the world no.1 throne, his heir is
also in bad shape. Even worse, according to Milan Sterba, the world no.
2 will soon be forced to hang up his racquets, at the age of 22. The
fault of a persistent injury on the left ankle (?), a healf-hearted
attitude as well as some questionable choices. 'Rafa has been
suffering for more than 2 years,' says the former Czech-turned Swiss,
'he has no way to cure it.'

A pessimist, Milan Sterba predicts that at the end of this year,
Nadal's career will be finished.

Back to the topic. It's all about Nadal and his career. For me, it would be the disaster for tennis.

finishingmove
03-27-2008, 12:09 PM
nadal is 22 years old and unrivaled on clay...

yea i'd say his career is over.

tennisman.
03-27-2008, 12:35 PM
I feel sorry for him if he has retire due to injury.

Roland9
03-27-2008, 12:41 PM
*stares blankly on thread title*

*moves on*

zcess81
03-27-2008, 12:45 PM
I hope this is not true...first and foremost cause I like Nadal and tennis would be worse off without him...also, I don't want Fed winning FO the easy way. Nice to see him sweat, knowing he'll never win FO while Nadal's around...But, saying all that, if Novak gets to no.2 before FO it would be freaking hilarious if Fed beats Nadal in semis and then loses to Djokovic in the final.

Beat
03-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Quality thread.
:lol:

Sunset of Age
03-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Quality thread on quality article. :retard:

mangoes
03-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Quality thread on quality article. :retard:

It has certainly triggered some attempts at a serious discussion:rolleyes: Hopefully, we can just bump this thread next year when the same BS is discussed....

HNCS
03-27-2008, 01:16 PM
It has certainly triggered some attempts at a serious discussion:rolleyes: Hopefully, we can just bump this thread next year when the same BS is discussed....

Certainly if this was just another article on Nadal declining, I'll bet that Nadal we'll come bouncing back during clay season. and so the cycle begins. and this thread would just be :rolleyes:

However, I think the serious matter is that this "close friend" is suggesting that the presure of his family and his injuries is nuturing thoughts of early retirement in Nadal. Which is the matter of concern, not really if he's in decline or not.

VolandriFan
03-27-2008, 01:23 PM
All top players go through these title droughts. Though he hasn't won, he has been consistently in the later stages of tourneys for some time. For example, Stefan Edberg had one year where he won TWO titles the whole season; and THREE titles in the other. Was this a slump? Not really: because he contended for almost all the major titles, winning the Masters Cup in the year he won two...winning Wimbledon in the year he won three.

In a nutshell, I consider a slump when one is not in contention for finals and titles. Ask most players: a player who wins a slam in a season...and nothing more...did not have a slump during that year.

Generally I'd be inclined to agree with your view, but there are some exceptions. Sampras in 2002 definitely had a slump year. The US Open was his saving grace before retirement.

Sunset of Age
03-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Certainly if this was just another article on Nadal declining, I'll bet that Nadal we'll come bouncing back during clay season. and so the cycle begins. and this thread would just be :rolleyes:

I have no doubts about that whatsoever. :yeah:

However, I think the serious matter is that this "close friend" is suggesting that the presure of his family and his injuries is nuturing thoughts of early retirement in Nadal. Which is the matter of concern, not really if he's in decline or not.

That's exactly why I believe this article is utter bollocks. A 'close friend', revealing such personal and sensitive material to the press for godsakes??? If I were part of the Nadal family, I'd be sure that 'friend' would have no access to Rafa and/or his people ever again.

star
03-27-2008, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=FedFan_2007;6785027
Say it aint so Rafito, I couldn't stand it just to be Djoker at #2.[/QUOTE]

You are so right! Better that Djoker should be #1

ExpectedWinner
03-27-2008, 03:38 PM
BS. It's called lowering public expectations and putting more 'pression' on rivals.

Clay Death
03-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Generally I'd be inclined to agree with your view, but there are some exceptions. Sampras in 2002 definitely had a slump year. The US Open was his saving grace before retirement.

no titles since last july for the #2 player in the world. thats a slump.

fran70
03-27-2008, 04:16 PM

I read Clay Death previous posts and he/she never mentioned that Nadal is over. If I`m not wrong make a reference to his slow decline on rankings due to the fact that Djokovic may take the nŞ position along 2008.

Anyway, I don`t think that Nadal is over. He will still win many clay court tournaments and probably will raise his 4th French Open crown, at least during 2008. And some hard court tournaments too.

I strongly believe he will end as the 3rd ranked player at the end of 2008. ;)

FluffyYellowBall
03-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Yes Nadal will just have a major downfall and we will never hear of him again because now the clay will be all about Federer and Djokovic battling on the dirt. Anyone who says his career is over is an idiot. With tiny changes on fast surfaces, he can get back in form WHICH HE HAS PROVED...

FedFan_2007
03-27-2008, 04:34 PM
It's all over...

Clay Death
03-27-2008, 04:37 PM
It's all over...

negative. what is over is your ability to reason and think.

lorenz
03-27-2008, 05:07 PM
Nadal's carreer is not over.
You will see

platinum
03-27-2008, 05:37 PM
If Rafa's career is over he can always become a male model and a Spanish Soap Opera actor like his friend Feliciano Lopez.

:smoke::smoke::smoke:

Clay Death
03-27-2008, 05:42 PM
If Rafa's career is over he can always become a male model and a Spanish Soap Opera actor like his friend Feliciano Lopez.

:smoke::smoke::smoke:

his career is far from over. and he doesnt have to do a damn thing. he is wealthy beyond belief. what he is going to do is open up fitness centers all over Spain when he is done with tennis.

i just wish he would do something about his own damn fitness first and right bloody now for that matter.

platinum
03-27-2008, 06:08 PM
his career is far from over. and he doesnt have to do a damn thing. he is wealthy beyond belief. what he is going to do is open up fitness centers all over Spain when he is done with tennis.

i just wish he would do something about his own damn fitness first and right bloody now for that matter.

He should get rid of his uncle Toni for starters...

Clay Death
03-27-2008, 06:18 PM
He should get rid of his uncle Toni for starters...

agreed. i want to be has damn uncle.

kobulingam
03-27-2008, 06:48 PM
The only hardcourt matches Rafa should play from now on should be at TMSes/TMC and GSes.

MyPrecious
03-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Nadal is far from being over but my guess is he won't be #2 for much longer.

Anyone can see he is in yet another slump and if he doesn't manage to win some claycourt tourneys this year, that would be a very big problem for him.

Merton
03-28-2008, 12:22 AM
He has asked for a WC for Houston trying to get back some confidence. He is expected to play in Casablanca for the same reason.

elessar
03-28-2008, 12:23 AM
He has asked for a WC for Houston trying to get back some confidence. He is expected to play in Casablanca for the same reason.

Not a bad idea :shrug: if Roddick's not playing he could have a decent result

Clay Death
03-28-2008, 12:25 AM

who is expected to play in Casablanca and when?

elessar
03-28-2008, 12:34 AM

It's not confirmed whether or not he'll play, he may very well ask for a WC at Fergana instead to build his confidence up slowly

Merton
03-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Casablanca this year is the week before RG. Traditionally it is one of the most prestigious clay tournaments, just a look at past winners here http://www.atptennis.com/en/tournaments/profile/360.asp will tell you all you want to know. As for Houston, Andy has not entered this year but the King will be there, so even if Nadal fails to recover his confidence at least the partiers will be good.

kobulingam
03-28-2008, 01:23 AM
Stop making up BS people. Nadal isn't going to play Houston, Casablanca or any of these tiny clay tournaments. I even see him skipping Hamburg, which is a big clay tourney.

Clay Death
03-28-2008, 01:35 AM
It's not confirmed whether or not he'll play, he may very well ask for a WC at Fergana instead to build his confidence up slowly

that will be too much. the thing to do was to go to South America like Nalby did and play 2 small clay events. and still have over a week left to practice on hard courts for Indian Wells.

i hope he makes better decisions next year. this hard court business is hurting his knees and his foot and worse, not putting too many matches under his belt.

he won just 1 match in Rotterdam and only 2 in Dubai.

Amazing
03-28-2008, 02:46 AM

That was a joke (I hope).

Action Jackson
04-05-2008, 04:04 AM
Nadal is doing very well in his final year on tour and had a miracle recovery from the career ending foot injury.

Merton
04-05-2008, 04:09 AM

It seems that his participation at Houston will be cancelled after all :(

Action Jackson
04-05-2008, 04:13 AM
I heard Casablanca are still negotiating with him to play there.

Clay Death
04-05-2008, 04:15 AM
I heard Casablanca are still negotiating with him to play there.

not a chance. he was nearly dead when he arrived in hamburg last year. he is going straight home after Hamburg to get some rest.

Merton
04-05-2008, 04:20 AM
Casablanca is still in the air, Nadal will need to visit Rick's Cafe to derive some motivation for RG. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYbEPZVVIA

Ackms421
04-05-2008, 04:20 AM
No way he's adding Casablanca...not unless he wants to surrender Roland Garros for it...

Jelena
04-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Well, I won't jump into the discussion if Rafa is over or not. But there are serious health issues he has/had to deal with in the last few years. Two years ago he had to withdraw Stuttgart because of serious patella tendon problems. Though he didn't play tournaments from Wimby 2006 until Toronto (so for about four weeks) and probably had a time to rest the knee, he since then always plays with a tape round the knee, which indicates that he at least fears the pain could come back. Already in the same year (2006) he started his season only at Marseille because of the foot injury he had. And obviously (at least according to that article) he still has problems with the foot. Ok I don't know how reliable this paper is (if it's only gossip they're spreading or if the sources they usually have are quite reliable), but assuming that Rafa is only hardly over 20 years old now, it's more than worrying that this boy (sorry, for me he is a boy) is playing with pains all around the body. Maybe if he changed the coach he'd get other methods of practice, which would be good in my opinion for him and especially for his body. So before retiring he should manage to seperate the "business relationship" of Toni his coach of the "family relationship" of Toni his uncle. He never knew another coach than his uncle and maybe he thinks if he lets down coach Toni he'd let down tio Toni too. When he learns that that isn't the case he'd be able to get a new coach and that way more to his body fitting practice-methods.

Bobby
04-05-2008, 11:27 AM
No way he's adding Casablanca...not unless he wants to surrender Roland Garros for it...

Of course he's not playing Casablanca. It's just a joke. Although it might be an interesting place to visit.

Action Jackson
04-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Of course he's not playing Casablanca. It's just a joke. Although it might be an interesting place to visit.

Just don't let Roitman select the DVDs from the market. He gets 24 and it ends up Donald Duck singing Happy Birthday in Arabic.

l_mac
04-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Well, I won't jump into the discussion if Rafa is over or not. But there are serious health issues he has/had to deal with in the last few years. Two years ago he had to withdraw Stuttgart because of serious patella tendon problems.

It was a hand injury that kept him out of Stuttgart 06 :shrug:

Though he didn't play tournaments from Wimby 2006 until Toronto (so for about four weeks) and probably had a time to rest the knee, he since then always plays with a tape round the knee, which indicates that he at least fears the pain could come back.

Last year he had tendonitis and has been wearing the tapes all the time since USO 07.

He says he is wearing the tape under his knees as a precaution, and I see no reason to doubt him.

adee-gee
04-05-2008, 03:49 PM

Not a bad idea :shrug: if Roddick's not playing he could have a decent result
:spit:

HarryMan
04-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Yes many wiseheads on the internet forums have been predicting his downfall for now almost more than 4 years.

Keep it going kid, you fucking legend :D

Mateya
08-17-2008, 02:04 PM
:haha: :haha: :)

rafa_maniac
08-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Bump-tastic! :worship:

Bazooka
08-17-2008, 02:28 PM
hahaha!

prima donna
08-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Imagine how many similar threads would be bumped if Fed were to undergo a resurgence. This is a forum where you're only as good as your last result, otherwise you're generally regarded as useless and eternally doomed.

Bazooka
08-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Imagine how many similar threads would be bumped if Fed were to undergo a resurgence. This is a forum where you're only as good as your last result, otherwise you're generally regarded as useless and eternally doomed.

Want anything to drink to pass those sour grapes?

Actually we're not rejoycing about Nadal last results, he has been amazing for many months. It's the haters like you that do exactly that when he loses one match.

keroni
08-17-2008, 03:03 PM
retire already, Nadal.

Stefwhit
08-17-2008, 03:12 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/forum/bump.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Chloe le Bopper
08-17-2008, 04:14 PM
When Federer has a resurgence, many a thread full of idiotic comments will be bumped. And it will be fantastic. Patience, prima donna.

Mashachosen1
08-17-2008, 04:16 PM
:sobbing:

Venle
08-17-2008, 04:39 PM
I think there'll be much more sweet victories for Nadal.

Stefwhit
08-17-2008, 05:59 PM
When Federer has a resurgence, many a thread full of idiotic comments will be bumped. And it will be fantastic. Patience, prima donna.
I think it's particularly sweet for us Nadal fans because throughout all of his success and accomplishments Nadal was never given the proper respect his game deserved. A lot of Fed fans excused away his results and so many people, commentators alike, were too busy showering praise at Roger and foolishly not taking Nadal as serious as they should have. Even now, people are still having a hard time adjusting to the fact that Nadal is the current best player on the planet.

I'm aware that there are some who are writing Fed off too soon, but he's never had a problem getting the respect that comes with his wins. So yeah, it'll be nice to feel vindicated if Fed can somehow turn things around, but it wont be nearly as satisfying as it is right now for us Nadal fans. People are now forced to give Nadal the respect he always should have had.

RESPECT THE CHAMP, RESPECT THE NUMBER ONE PLAYER IN THE WORLD, RESPECT THE 2008 GOLD MEDALIST. RESPECT RAFA!!!!

tnosugar
08-17-2008, 06:18 PM
I think Nadal will last at least a couple of years. The question is, will he be able to walk without support after he ends his career. I suspect he uses quite an array of chemicals to keep that engine going,perhaps not to qualify for doping, but then it's a fine line.

thrust
08-17-2008, 08:30 PM
I think it's particularly sweet for us Nadal fans because throughout all of his success and accomplishments Nadal was never given the proper respect his game deserved. A lot of Fed fans excused away his results and so many people, commentators alike, were too busy showering praise at Roger and foolishly not taking Nadal as serious as they should have. Even now, people are still having a hard time adjusting to the fact that Nadal is the current best player on the planet.

I'm aware that there are some who are writing Fed off too soon, but he's never had a problem getting the respect that comes with his wins. So yeah, it'll be nice to feel vindicated if Fed can somehow turn things around, but it wont be nearly as satisfying as it is right now for us Nadal fans. People are now forced to give Nadal the respect he always should have had.

RESPECT THE CHAMP, RESPECT THE NUMBER ONE PLAYER IN THE WORLD, RESPECT THE 2008 GOLD MEDALIST. RESPECT RAFA!!!!
OUTSTANDING POST!

tangerine_dream
08-17-2008, 09:02 PM
FedFan_2007 was banned, LOL.

platinum
08-17-2008, 09:15 PM
I have always wondered if FedFan_2007 was a woman?

FedFan_2007 always sounded too *drama queenish* to be a straight male....

jaybee
08-18-2008, 03:31 AM

Good post!

alfonsojose
08-18-2008, 03:54 AM
I think Nadal will last at least a couple of years. The question is, will he be able to walk without support after he ends his career. I suspect he uses quite an array of chemicals to keep that engine going,perhaps not to qualify for doping, but then it's a fine line.

:angel:

rafa the best
08-18-2008, 09:56 AM

Go take your medications, your Feker will never do what Rafa has, just deal with it.:devil::devil::devil::angel:

victor_gospo
08-18-2008, 04:55 PM
I don't think his career is over

However I do believe that physical issues will shorten it or at least play a big factor as time goes by

SheepleBuster
08-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Well. I sure do hope that he doesn't go out as a retired tennis player. I want to see him crushed by his peers (Djokovic, and other guys). Nadal has simply bent too many rules (taking 50 seconds between each point to slowing down opponents to making grunts to disturb them). Let's wait till they add the shot clock and Nadal and his Chinese Mocking Spanish friends will be out of business.

Kiman
08-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Go take your medications, your Feker will never do what Rafa has, just deal with it.:devil::devil::devil::angel:
You should not gloat by putting some other players down for the purpose. Enjoy your boy's success. As far as I understand Rafa fans should be happy, not venomous. I know I would be.
As for the strong statement, you never know. Same might go otherwise (Aus Open).:wavey:

CyBorg
08-19-2008, 05:33 AM
FedFan_2007 was banned, LOL.

http://i38.tinypic.com/2rdge9l.gif

the biscuit
08-19-2008, 06:42 AM
^that ani > all. :lol:

JolánGagó
08-19-2008, 12:33 PM
Well. I sure do hope that he doesn't go out as a retired tennis player. I want to see him crushed by his peers (Djokovic, and other guys). Nadal has simply bent too many rules (taking 50 seconds between each point to slowing down opponents to making grunts to disturb them). Let's wait till they add the shot clock and Nadal and his Chinese Mocking Spanish friends will be out of business.

Don't hold your breath and keep a good supply of antiacid medication at hand just in case your estomach disolves in the meantime.

Stefwhit
02-01-2009, 08:33 PM
he keeps going and going... he's the freakin' energizer bunny!

connectolove
02-01-2009, 10:45 PM
I'd like to know what Mr. Sterba has to say now about nadal's career!!!!

ugotlobbed
02-01-2009, 10:51 PM
big injuries happen abruptly, u cant see it coming

Chair Umpire
02-01-2009, 10:51 PM
Hilarious thread from Fedtard_2007... he never gets tired of making a fool of himself?